• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Arkaeis

The Premise

NoWhere is set up to be on the shallower side of roleplays, it's light on lore, rather mysterious, and open to all types of characters and mayhem. More than anything it is a setting to allow users to interact and socialize in a relaxed IC setting. It is a place to come and go at ones whim, but also explore to your hearts content. To test out new characters in a group setting, and to bump elbows with others who share interests.

This place however is not entirely without rules.
They are as follows​
  • All site rules apply (obviously)​
  • I can update the rules accordingly, as I see fit.​
  • Post a profile in the profile thread before posting​
  • All OOC should be done via the OOC Thread.​
  • All suggestions for NoWhere will be considered, but please know that I reserve final judgement on additions. Mostly the deciding factor will be by community poll.​
  • Please only suggest additions in the OOC thread as I don't want my inbox to blow up.​
  • Be Respectful of all users.​
  • Those that want to become CO-GMs PM me.​
  • The Realm is alive, deal with it.​
  • See Battle Guidelines for rules on IC Fighting Etiquette.​

Last edited:
The Setting

Road-Night-Fog-2560-x-1600-768x480.jpg

As if entering a dream you awaken to find yourself walking almost noiselessly through a dense fog. The sound of your heartbeat begins to slow and suddenly You're keenly aware of the feeling of your feet hitting the pavement. A calm breeze buffers the path before you revealing a street, shapes and shadows seem to blur in the dense fog, as you move forward down the pavement your surroundings seem to almost materialize from the haze around you. you stop for a moment trying to make sense of the shapes but suddenly you hear a sound and a blustering gust pushes you forward and as it does so the density of the fog abates. You are standing in the middle of an intersection, above you is a singular blinking red stoplight, and those muffled sounds in an instant are passers-by now watching you with a raised brow from the sidewalks as they continue on about their busy lives. The buildings that line the street corners are something that you would find on the corners of the great cities of the world, but as the horizon begins to clear in every direction you notice something a bit odd, the further up the street you go in any of the four directions, the more and more the buildings seem out of place, there are authentic Ramen shops next to futuristic looking mechanical vendors, posh london-looking town homes adjacent to defunct-apocalyptic styled ranshacks. If you were to follow the northern road in from of you it would lead you to The Haven, The most notable establishment for weary travelers. If you were to follow any of the other streets who knows where you'd end up.

What to expect from this thread
I wanted to make this thread as a hang out spot for the community, somewhere that members can hop in and out with and entrance and exit post. Somewhere to gather and get to know one another IC, where everyone regardless of their ability would be welcome to test out characters or styles or throw around ideas. That being said, there are no post minimums, and case by case deadlines*. I just wanted to provide an interesting setting and see where all of us take it, there may be events or tournaments, or showcases somewhere down the line. One thing for sure is, that this thread is intended for us, for all of RPN in all of our varied interests. I made only a small portion of the setting on purpose as I want the community to have the ability to build on what is put here. In many ways it is the ultimate mash up, but fully OC.​

*I (or GMs) reserve the right to move the story along if there is evidence that someone is ghosting or being ghosted. The realm is sentient and will randomly interacting with members, including and up to eating them or suspending their existence within the realm. We will only do this after repeated failed attempts to contact the member in question however.

Battle Guidelines
NoWhere has a unique CVC (Character-Verses-Character) Battle system that must be strictly adhered to as to retain some semblance of mutual respect between members.

It works in Six streams they are as follows:
Unaltered Duel | Even Keel | Leveled Field| Fair Fight | Test of Fates | No Holds Bar

Before getting into the weeds and explaining these different kinds of fights here is a few standard rules that apply.

All fights must be agreed upon by participants before the fight can begin.
This will nullify the realms corporeal defense system and allow physical hits of violence to land.
Failure to do so will cause any violent action towards another character to wisp through them like a ghost, leaving them completely unaffected.
Continued unsanctioned violent action will cause the very realm to become defensive; a word of caution.. it gets hungry when it's angry.
The only location for open air attacks is if someone is located in the Training grounds, where NHB actively applies.
In all forms of fighting except when agreed upon by all participants standard roleplay anti-powerplayer and God-mode provisions apply.

Please include the abbreviation of the selected Fight style at the bottom of the post so that we can keep track of them. (UD/EK/LF/FF/TF/NHB)

Unaltered Duel
Akin to it's name this type of fight is between characters in their original state as posted on their character profile on their character sheet. It is important that you list all of your powers, even those that at the time of posting the sheet are locked, as all moves are locked in to that sheet. Ergo; you cannot just come up and use a super snazzy new power to escape a situation if the need arises. Your powers are your powers listed on the sheet, if they need updated feel free to Post an amendment however amendments cannot be made in the middle of a fight. This type of fight is meant to be a straightforward test of strength and whit, however it is supposed to be believable.. If you play a human, you will bleed, your bones will break, you will have limitations that others do not have.

Even Keel
This is a fight where the powers and stats of one of the characters is shared with both parties. Either the stronger of the two's powers are muted, effectively limiting them; or vice versa and the one with the disadvantage is imbued with all of the blessings of the other character. This type of fight is one way to test one's mettle in a more fair setting, somebody have a cool power that you want to try out? This is the fight for you.

Leveled Field
All powers, skills, and attributes muted both inherent and from weaponry. All stats set to 3 (athletic Human)
This type of fight is for those who want to prove themselves in manners that disregard advantage.

Fair Fight
In a fair fight, the participants set the rules... and the Realm Enforces them.

Test of Fates
Standard dice rules apply.
OR for a simplified version roll a 3 sided dye 1>3>2>1 same number blocks or dodges.
First to 20 hits or 3 consecutive hits in a row wins.

NO HOLDS BAR
No rules..
..except one.
When entering into to an No Holds Bar the environment becomes locked to the participants.
Meaning your attacks however strong will only effect you and the other participants or equipment that is being used in the fight.
Everything else will be a spectator, it will not bend or break or crumble, and much like open air attacks you will phase through non-participants.

Locations

The Haven

The Training Grounds
The wandering wood
Many more to come (always open for suggestions)​

Last edited:
Ill be working on fleshing it out throughout the week. If there is some interest shown in it I will definitely make thread out of it.

edit.

I'm glad that you express some excitement with it.

Now that there is at least one other person ill drag my lazy bum out of limbo and work more on this.

Alright, I plan on finishing this up tonight and turning it into a real thread tomorrow. I'll post a link to the thread here when its done.

Last edited:
Random and completely off topic but Tuxedo, on my phone your avatar looks like a gecko poking his head around a stem. Just thought you should know.

but alteras says that there is no way to do so on XF, without sourcing a google doc and using the default media code.. which is super ugly and wont let me restrict the size of the media player *grumpy cat

i'll probably just reference it.. I just hate making you guys go offsite for anything.. breaks flow.

Aight. Imma pretend like i took IT in high school and understand this. So why would you embed a sound in text? Easter eggs or somethin?

Folly-Derrezzed Folly-Derrezzed nope, just storytelling.. but now... that gives me a few ideas.. also.. *Shameless Plug* if you think something like this is cool i've got a whole lotta lore that this system was designed for. Let me know if anyone is interested as I am reworking on edits as it is quite.. old.

Last edited:
As this thread is it be a continual WIP I am going to formally Open it. Also as you may have noticed I don't have a CS, for now until things are cement I will be acting as GM only and not play an active character role beyond that of NPCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back