• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Nobles Coming of Age/Academy-Romance RP

TanteRegenbogen

Cuddly enby auntcle
Note: The roleplay can take place either here or on discord, depending how heavy the romancing is. (No ERP!)

Plot:

In the neutral country of the Kirganfel kingdom, there is an academy (or college) for nobles where they learn everything from diplomacy to blade combat, marksmanship and magical arts. The special thing is that this year, a few commoners were allowed to join after being given scholarships. Not only is the academy a place where nobles get to know each other after coming of age, but also a place where nobles who are still not engaged can find future partners or concubines. The academy also has a couple rules that all nobles must abide by, such as the nobles of rivalling or enemy countries cannot shed blood within the academy or the city in which the academy is located. Nobles also cannot abuse their rank when on academy grounds and rank doesnt matter among fellow students, thus preventing that lower nobles have to stay silent if bullied by high nobles.

Though bullying is relatively rare. Most nobles at the academy are pressured by their families to find future partners and future allies. Nonetheless, there are still dangers, especially this year. There are reports of certain fiends who will attempt to infiltrate the academy as well as those who wish to see harm to certain noble families or sow war between countries or estates.

Setting:

Time focus would be either modern high fantasy/arcanepunk or a time where travel isn't just horseback/walking.

Continent: Vaia - one of the three major continents of the world. It is home to around three dozen nations. Climate is warm to temperate. , Country: Kirganfel Kingdom - A neutral kingdom on a large peninsula in the northeast of Vaia. Weather is temperate.

Academy/college: The academy is known as the Royal College of Kirganfel (name can be subject to change) and has been the academy of choice for nobles for generations. It has a large campus with a number of large dorms. The dorms range from a small dorm with rooms for two nobles each intended for lesser nobles to dorms with large apartments for royals and their servants. The campus also features a combat training ground, an arena, a magic training ground, a large school building, a dining hall, stables, workshops (for craftsmen/craftswomen), a guards quarters, teacher accomodations etc.

Uniforms: During class hours, school trips and on special school events, the basic uniform is mandatory. The basic uniform consists of school colors of purple, black and white. This would consist of a purple tie/scarf with a black or white dress shirt/blouse and black bottoms (skirt or pants/trousers). The full uniform is voluntary and includes a hat and jacket. Customizations of uniforms are allowed (such as frilly trims, shortened/lengthened skirts, turtleneck undershirts, chokers).

Subjects: Examples: Blade combat, international diplomacy, social economics, arcane combat, enchanting, botany, alchemy etc.

Magic types available: Fire, earth, air/lightning, water/ice, healing/light, dark/shadow, combat enhancement, illusion, taming, summoning. Forbidden/taboo magics: Necromancy, blood magic, abyssal magic

More info possibly coming

Conditions for characters:
Original characters (no premade OCs that were made for any RP and no pre-existing characters in media)
Characters must be at least 18 years old, basically in the age range for tertiary education.
No Mary Sue characters (for explanation: Mary Sue Test: Does Your Character Pass It? - DAILY WRITING TIPS)
Don't expect to be the only protagonist, so don't treat fellow player's characters as extras.

This seems like it would be fun! Could I join? :3
I do have a question though, can characters be of monster/non-human kind?

This seems like it would be fun! Could I join? :3
I do have a question though, can characters be of monster/non-human kind?
Sure you could join. Just, if it is on site, then the sites romance rules apply. Its not like so much more would be allowed on Discord though.

I'd say non-humans such as elves are allowed. Just not monsters. Expect most nobles to be humans and elves though. It could be possible that amongst some commoners, they allow some demi-humans (like catpeople) to attend, but there'd be a lot of prejudice towards them.

I am already in enough threads and needing to complete sheets. But I am looking. 👁

That's fine with me. Also, how prominent are animal features on the demi-humans?
Is it just the ears and tails, or are some of them even more extreme?

Are you guys still looking for more people?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back