• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Noble Age - OOC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
dd47deca6aca15ce9683ed8b0871a65a.jpg

Lenny2000 Lenny2000 I didn’t offer money rofl. Just food and building materials.

SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS Lionguard is good and all, but perhaps too good. On top of that their skills and fame probably make them even more wanted by others. They’d be too expensive I’m sure.

Then perhaps a different sort of alliance. The vast wealth of the orient, and a promise of assistance in times of need. In exchange for information, and the possible preservation of our way of life.

Oh I was just curious because Wolf is single and such and as he is of high status he is needing a noble mate and I thought you were a valuable ally

RayPurchase RayPurchase
They are loyal to their word. I mean, they aren't proud proclaimers of the ruling dynasty or anything, but they would send their archers if asked...so yes, I'd say loyal. Though the strength of that loyalty depends on closeness with the ruling family at the time. They swore an oath to defend the ruling dynasty and all their heirs. However, seeing as the king has no heirs and all the would-be heirs are fighting each other for a chair...*shrug* They'd serve the heir with the most bond with their family. However, seeing as I haven't developed a single tie between the Lidalls and the dying dynasty yet beyond an oath made 200 years ago...lol, I dunno.

I haven't even figured out how I want them involved in the civil war 200 years ago yet (or if I want them involved at all). It would depend on the cause of that war. Whether it was brother vs brother claim for throne or if it was an usurper house . House Unicorn are a good, honest, family with a decent amount of pride, but they aren't brash lions either...if that makes any sense =P

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Sounds good, though I don't really have any ideas atm. I mean, they wouldn't like it if they found out House Corvus put spies in their lands (this would strain relations a bit if they knew about it), but otherwise I don't think they have anything against the rich, business family. They generally refrain from playing 'the game' as well because unicorns are pure, noble creatures so Elwyn wouldn't be volunteering any political marriages though he does want grandkids.

They haven't set any trade restrictions, so Corvus family are free to set up business in their lands, provided all laws (mainly the environmental ones) are followed.

So I take it you're going to make an OOC for us to work on the more intricate details and hash out alliances/enmities/familial connections between the Houses.

What House does the king belong to? Or is that something we're gonna come up with together? If possible, I'd like to to forward that the king be of House Fulgorim, whose Heraldry is a Yellow sun in splendor(a sun with a human face on it that has alternating straight and wavy rays) on a purple field.
View attachment 570062
(I'd put in the full image here, but it turns out the full size is a LOT bigger than I expected, so the thumbnail will have to do.)

Do we have a general layout/idea for how the continent and/or world looks, or are we gonna work on that in the OOC?

And finally, my House will be House Veritun, which is an ancient house of uncertain and remarkably cloudy alignment with ties to both the House that had been deposed during the civil war 200 years ago and the House of the current King. House Veritun is often considered a family of bastards, due to the odd circumstance of the bloodline having to be continued by a legitimized baseborn child no less than a dozen times. To symbolize this interesting note, the head of House Veritun some 120 years before current day events added a golden bend sinister, a heraldry used by the bastard children of nobles to denote their nature, while also symbolizing it as having save the family's bloodline on numerous occasions.
View attachment 570060
The heraldry of House Veritun is that of a grey bat on a teal field, with a gold bend sinister.

In case you guys were interested in where I made the two sigils above, I used this site: Heraldry, Device, Coat of Arms editor and creator
House Veritun
Continued

sarcelle a bat displayed gris in full, over a bend sinister jaune d'or.png
House Veritun is an ancient family counted among the first that was supposedly founded by the legendary hero(or villain) Gorrik the Bloody, who had been hired to built the mighty coastal castle Gorrikhal so that he could defend the area around it from the sea raiders of Torquil, with mixed results, what with Gorrik having met an end at the hands of their Mythical Mer-King in battle. This was the first time House Veritun was nearly ended, as it was known that Gorrik had left no true born children. Luckily, Gorrik had been well known to be quite unfaithful, so it was quite easy to find a bastard with his blood in the nearby village of Water's Edge. After that, it became something of an unhappy tradition for such events to happen, eventually leading to the Verituns to even recommend fathering a number of bastards to the new Lords of Gorrikhal, for "added familial protection". For the last hundred years or so, House Veritun has become something of a mercenary capital, loaning men and arms to many a cause that was willing to pay, with their most common employer being House Corvus.

As it stands, House Veritun currently stands to gain quite a bit from the death of the current King, a man who heavily disliked both the blood and ways of House Veritun, as it will give them far more leeway to sell their men, and maybe even reach for

House Veritun
Leadership

Lord Isidore Veritun.jpg
sarcelle a bat displayed gris in full, over a bend sinister jaune d'or.pngsarcelle a three bat wings conjoined gules in full.png
The current lord of House Veritun is the Lord Isidore Veritun, a grim, cold man of forty-and-three, known by many across the land as "The Vampire of Veritun", due to his particular interest in torture and the terrible rumors of his partaking in the blood of the young to sustain himself, though the later is more than likely a simple rumor, spread by those who fear him and his skills. In fact, Lord Veritun is famed(or rather, infamous) for many horrible forms of torture that he has inflicted upon many of those who have graced the dungeons criminals and highborn captives alike. Many families that House Veritun has warred with for the last few decades have only received men that were shadow of the sons and bannermen that had gone out to war, scarred and damaged almost beyond recognition. His personal arms are three red bat wings, conjoined in the center on a teal field.
NotanerArt_Roose_Bolton.jpg
sarcelle a bat displayed gris in full, over a bend sinister jaune d'or.pngjaune d'or, over a chevron corail a bat displayed sable.png
The Bastard brother of Lord Isidore Veritun is the man Crispin Coast, who currently acts as the "Lord of Contracts" for Gorrikhal and House Veritun at large, working as both the Commander-At-Arms for House Veritun, and the Liaison between House Veritun and the other houses when it comes to issues and intricacies of the sellsword variety. Commonly, Crispin is referred to as "The Bastard of Dawn", due in part to his brightly colored personal arms, and in part for his often decisive intervention in battle. But, despite his power within House Veritun, Crispin desires more, and is willing to do almost anything to get what he wants. Including the greatest of crimes.
House Veritun
Gorrikhal and the Surrounding Lands of Rima

juhani-jokinen-castle-sketch.jpg
The main seat of power for House Veritun, Gorrikhal is a massive black fortress situated on a massive basalt outcropping of a tidal island who's only mainland connection becomes submerged during most of the day, making it difficult to siege in any effective capacity. Many times in the past, armies have come to siege Gorrikhal only to find it unreachable. Outside of this, Gorrikhal is often referred to as "The Castle with a Hundred Secrets" due to it be filled with hidden passageways, secret dungeons, traps, and worse throughout it's body and underneath. Another name, "Torturer's Way", has arisen of late due to Lord Isidore's habit of making many who have entered the castle never return, or worse, return as shadows of the men they once were, tortured and damaged into submission before finally being released. And it's most famous name, "The Vampire's Hold", derives from legends of Gorrik the Bloody born outside Rima, where it is said that he was a monster born from bloodshed and hatred, which feasted on the vitality of mortals and could turn into a bat at will, and would put his enemies on wooden stakes to slowly kill them and extract their blood, which he would feast upon right then and there. Of course, most of this is completely false. Gorrik the Bloody had actually been a skilled tactician who knew the power of fear, and would create a veritable forest of bodies to scare invaders and make them terrified of the Bat Lord's might.
october-in-the-highlands-alfred-de-breanski.jpg
azure a four martlets chasing or in full.pngazure a three hammers conjoined pale gris in full, quarterly gules.pngor a grasshopper passant chartreuse in full, gyronny gules.pngpurpure, over a bend or a bill hook head pale gris.pngsable, over a cross argent a greyhound passant gris.png
Beyond Gorrikhal lies the lands of Rima, an area of known for highlands, hardy folk, and rocky ground, which one could say is the perfect catalyst for creating raiders or mercenaries, of which Rima is most definitely the later. While the five greater houses in Rima will often work contracts on their own, their contracts are almost always handled by House Veritun's Lord of Contracts, in this case Lord Crispin Coast. As may seem evident, in Rima, bastards are given the Surname Coast. Rima's five largest houses from right to left are House Nistan, House Bered, House Springan, House Hook, and House Righund.
House Veritun
Elite Guard: The Riman Pikeman

Rima Pikeman 2.jpg
An elite group of pikemen, the Riman Pikeman is considered a horrifying sight for almost any general. Highly mobile, aggressive, disciplined and well drilled to do things other formations couldn't, the Riman pikeman created what is now commonly referred to as the "Riman Square", a formation of 100 men in a ten by ten square that are practically impenetrable to cavalry, and a daunting sight for any infantryman as the square makes it so that no side is unprepared for attack, and allowed for the Riman Pikeman's ace in the hole, the Pike Charge. Instead of staying in one place, waiting to kill of be killed the Riman's will take their cavalry proof square of infantry, and march it around the battlefield, and more specifically, directly into the enemy. There are few to no close range counters to the Riman Pikeman, with the only real counter being archers and artillery.

Interestingly, The Riman Pikeman have something of a rivalry with the Lionguard, and will often refuse a contract if they must work with the Lionguard.

Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom can House Corvus be partially responsible for the restoration of your house after one of its many collapses? Secretly of course.
I'd quite like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back