• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Noble Age - OOC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Hey Everyone! Here's an early draft (Read: very rough... so please don't throw rocks! Rocks bad! graar!) of the map. I basically took SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS 's map that he made and more or less ran with that. There are some changes tho'. Erio is now on the right side of the mainland, and I also added house Xonia and Order of the Maple lands. Oh! I also basically just put down the house of Veritun where I thought it looked pretty, ehehehe... my bad. Please tell me if you want me to move it, Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom !

Oh! Also, Estley is now on the right side, too. Sorry. :3

Lenny2000 Lenny2000

I think it's just a bit too warriors of chaos for the scenario. Apologies if I'm misinterpreting something or missing something, but how would they be able to maintain their lifestyle, especially surrounded by the more advanced cturss and kingdoms, of they were raiding Korkari land for example it wouldn't take much for them to end up marching a more Advanced force into their lands and simply burning their villages to the ground especially if these tribes are still at an iron age level.

Also near all hoards historically had to rely on light armour and essentially were cavalry based nomads, as you really need a permanent settlement to smelt and acquire heavy armour.

Please dont think I'm just being a dick, just trying to flesh things out and make sure it's all grounded in realism.

Lenny2000 Lenny2000

I think it's just a bit too warriors of chaos for the scenario. Apologies if I'm misinterpreting something or missing something, but how would they be able to maintain their lifestyle, especially surrounded by the more advanced cturss and kingdoms, of they were raiding Korkari land for example it wouldn't take much for them to end up marching a more Advanced force into their lands and simply burning their villages to the ground especially if these tribes are still at an iron age level.

Also near all hoards historically had to rely on light armour and essentially were cavalry based nomads, as you really need a permanent settlement to smelt and acquire heavy armour.

Please dont think I'm just being a dick, just trying to flesh things out and make sure it's all grounded in realism.
Oh yea I totally get it I was thinking the same thing but for nomads like Huns relies on lightning raids that's why they use horses. For the house of chaos I were to suspect they first started off in early ages stole from villages and razed them and from there did dealings and trading black market with other factions of the plunder and spoils to get heavy armor. Using the heavy armor and tools they got what they wanted and used that to destroy the old kingdoms and raid their armories that gets them more armor and weapons and of course the captives were used as slaves to help either make armor, create more hardblood genetic warriors or become auxiliary frontline troops to be the ones to die first to weaken the next enemy. That strategy I what kept the chaos horde alive for centuries until the tech was too much for them to be able to successfully raid. For now when Wolf takes power he is more intrested to gain itself into trade deals and become a civilized nation

The Order of the Maple aren't the House, silly KameChan KameChan , it's House McKinley. The the Order does help.

Side note. As I've stated in the past I'm thinking about adding another Knight Order. So, who wants one, if any. It'd make my life easier if their home base was stationed somewhere that already exists. I believe in the past that's how it was done, but I'm no historical expert.

Alright, I'm gonna post the House Info for House Veritun in here instead of the interest check.

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda , Eeep! Sorry! and also I totally want a chapter of the House of Maple up on Torquil! Nyaow!!!! ^D^
Wouldn't be Order of the Maple, that's reserved for McKinley, but I can certainly get started on something else! What would you like to see on the island? Stalwart steel defenders holding the center? Ruthless huntsmen of mankillers carving a bloody path through the enemy? Light cavalry blitzing the flanks of their enemy? Give me an idea and I'll run rampant with it.

Hey Everyone! Here's an early draft (Read: very rough... so please don't throw rocks! Rocks bad! graar!) of the map. I basically took SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS 's map that he made and more or less ran with that. There are some changes tho'. Erio is now on the right side of the mainland, and I also added house Xonia and Order of the Maple lands. Oh! I also basically just put down the house of Veritun where I thought it looked pretty, ehehehe... my bad. Please tell me if you want me to move it, Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom !

Oh! Also, Estley is now on the right side, too. Sorry. :3

View attachment 570956

This is really good! thanks for this!

Alright, I'm gonna post the House Info for House Veritun in here instead of the interest check.

The bastards return!

Lenny2000 Lenny2000 , so, the Horde are basically recently civilized barbarians? That actually would make things very kewl! As citizens of the kingdom, they would have all the privileges of a normal house, but the other houses would be all squirmy and stuff around basically men who are just beginning to not act like brutes. You know... having one of those men for a tutor for my son might make things interesting after all... Would it be possible to acquire one in RP if BeyondDandy BeyondDandy doesn't take the offer, Lenny?

Wouldn't be Order of the Maple, that's reserved for McKinley, but I can certainly get started on something else! What would you like to see on the island? Stalwart steel defenders holding the center? Ruthless huntsmen of mankillers carving a bloody path through the enemy? Light cavalry blitzing the flanks of their enemy? Give me an idea and I'll run rampant with it.

Aww... T_T But hmmm!!! Hehe... so another knightly order on the island of Torquil... hmm. Ok, so I have no idea why this has popped into my head, but what about something that uses Falcons and Rapiers?

Aww... T_T But hmmm!!! Hehe... so another knightly order on the island of Torquil... hmm. Ok, so I have no idea why this has popped into my head, but what about something that uses Falcons and Rapiers?
Grand duelists, I'll get to work on it right away

Maybe exiled duelists and noblemen from the mainland who fled to Torquil to escape punishment for crimes. Sort of like the french foreign legion?

Lenny2000 Lenny2000 , so, the Horde are basically recently civilized barbarians? That actually would make things very kewl! As citizens of the kingdom, they would have all the privileges of a normal house, but the other houses would be all squirmy and stuff around basically men who are just beginning to not act like brutes. You know... having one of those men for a tutor for my son might make things interesting after all... Would it be possible to acquire one in RP if BeyondDandy BeyondDandy doesn't take the offer, Lenny?
I'll accept that offer but there are complication of course to the attempt to civilize. Firstly there are the power struggle to maintain control as he has to fight over other war-chiefs and their people to accept civilizing is the only way to go forward. Secondly there is squalor and filth, massive decentralization, and rampant starvation. Third... or fifth ... there is the cultural changes as most deal with matters by fuels to the death in fist to fist combat sometimes with weapons as their culture is very ingrained to violence. Then lastly there is the preservation of hardblood people to not turn to softbloods as there is a slight genetic difference between them by mentality, muscle mass, and other attributes

Welllllllll ..... legend be told there miiiiggghhhhtttt be some hidden artifacts and gold from the pillaging of the ancestors.. Wolf might be willing to give away a few

Welllllllll ..... legend be told there miiiiggghhhhtttt be some hidden artifacts and gold from the pillaging of the ancestors.. Wolf might be willing to give away a few
That sounds good, but what do you think about a secret mercenary contract? In exchange for goods like food and building materials, your people are employed as a military force for House Corvus.

That sounds good, but what do you think about a secret mercenary contract? In exchange for goods like food and building materials, your people are employed as a military force for House Corvus.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh welllllllllll Thing is.....

They um... they do not value currency or money... if you give land, tech, and supplies for replacement of money in return for military service I am sure that would be a more valuable deal

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh welllllllllll Thing is.....

They um... they do not value currency or money... if you give land, tech, and supplies for replacement of money in return for military service I am sure that would be a more valuable deal

The Lionguard conversely DO value currency, and have a history as experience as foreign mercenaries. So we could come to an agreement, if you’re interested.

The Lionguard conversely DO value currency, and have a history as experience as foreign mercenaries. So we could come to an agreement, if you’re interested.
Foreign mercenaries of softbloods are no better than any of your troops LadyOfStars LadyOfStars if you want real foreign fighters the hardbloods are advanced and more than capable to take down anyone that opposes them if given the right gear. They are born to kill

Lenny2000 Lenny2000 I didn’t offer money rofl. Just food and building materials.

SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS Lionguard is good and all, but perhaps too good. On top of that their skills and fame probably make them even more wanted by others. They’d be too expensive I’m sure.

Lenny2000 Lenny2000 I didn’t offer money rofl. Just food and building materials.

SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS Lionguard is good and all, but perhaps too good. On top of that their skills and fame probably make them even more wanted by others. They’d be too expensive I’m sure.
I know a mercenary group that is both cheap and good, as long as your fine with having bastards connected to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back