• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nightmare Hunter OOC

Welp, at least I responded, if a little late! I've put up Trigger Warnings just in case!

Those two have a lot of emotional baggage. . .

It's just that Feather is better at dealing with it.

Fun Fact:

Charlie wanted to be a scholar when they were younger, now they just want to stay alive. (Actually their main choice for a profession is owning a candy store.)

(Honey watchu waitin' for! Welcome to my Candy Store~~~~)

Short Story: Puns (Because I needed to write somethin' funny after doing that to Charlie)

"Well, you could say I'm an. . ." Charlie pulled out a deck of cards they pick-pocketed, "ace of cards!"
Feather looked at them with a dead expression. Charlie snickered, "But don't worry! I'm staying right bi your side!"
He remained unamused as his travel partner continued to laugh.
"Hey, at least their punny unlike your jokes!" Charlie said as Feather signed at them to stop. The taller supernatural rolled his eyes and signed a them to stop again.
"I'm sorry, did I ruffle your feathers?" Charlie said, holding back laughter.
'This is what my life has come to.' Feather signed with the same deadpan expression.
"Welcome to the Club!" Charlie joked, pulling out a one of Clubs. This earned them a satchel to the face.

Charlie's got jokes! Can't wait for him to meet Niro when he joins up. I always loved characters that can be played both comedically and seriously, and you seem to be able to nail both. Hopefully we'll get to see some of that become canon to this RP too. Though since my vision for the Nightmare Hunters is sort of a rag tag bunch of misfits, Charlie shouldn't have any problem fitting right in and being accepted.

Also sorry your responses have been a little shorter than they have been for Epiphany and Daniel Reaving. But your characters are alone in the woods along on this little mystery and without other characters to play off of, so what happens is a little more driven by them, hence the shorter responses. I've been wanting to open things up more, let everyone's characters make decisions in the stories.

Hence why Emmaline's last response was with the strategy for catching the Elf left up to her to decide, so we can see how she would go about it and her decision of how to catch it can spell the success or failure of the mission, where the stakes aren't life or death.

That reminds me; Character deaths and combat in this. We're all mature here, nobody's character is a mary sue/gary stu and this is about the storytelling and adventure rather than a dice combat system, So when we get to a proper combat situation, I'll describe the situation and the opposition and how difficult I think the fight should be for the characters, but leave it up to you to decide exactly how things play out. We can do them more turn by turn. (You do a move, I respond) Or you can just write out the whole fight if you have a cool sequence of moves you wanna show off or something, as long as its reasonable.

Deaths won't happen unless you want them to and let me know OOC. If it's a combat situation then failing the fight could have other consequences, such as an NPC dying attempting to hold off the enemy while the Player Characters escape, or the PCs simply being badly injured but not dying or something, though it would be very circumstantial. Just letting yall know since this will apply to all the characters in upcoming confrontations.

Well, when you mentioned the monstrous forms I was like: -look to the side- -look to the other side- "Do you hear that? It's the sound of Satan singing." evil cackling ensues.
So yeah, I have a few things planned for Charlie

Also, I can't wait for all our characters to meet eachother

I love your style. It's so expressive, wish I could achieve that in my artwork. Characters will be meeting up soon, in the sense of the RP. So, Epiphany Epiphany Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving get your IC responses in plz.

Also I started drawing Emmaline digital drawing and was planning on doing everyone's characters at some point... But I'm currently commissioned to help this guy do pixel art for his rpg; thats been occupying my time, and this RP hasn't been super active so...

I've unfortunately been out of town on a business trip this week (and still am). I'll try to get something up today, though (likely this evening).

I'm going to try and get my response up by lunchtime!

Also, thanks! I just try to keep a blend between realistic and cartoons, making it expressible and believable. But it doesn't work for creepy things as much so I am working on that!

(And now you have an Idea of how they look like XD)
((I'll try to get actual references up in the character thread.))

Last edited:
Do you mind if I use Charlie and Feather for NaNoWriMo? I just really like their characters and don't enjoy making characters right off the bat.

I don't know what that is but they're your characters so sure. :) Remember for me this is about worldbuilding and getting in the mindset for a book series I plan to write eventually, so as long as you're not using/copying a bunch of stuff from the world, its fine. (not that the worldbuilding is that orginal)

Also Epiphany/Emmaline lives! Horray!

Yeah, it's just been a week from hell. All week business trip to New Hampshire. Sadly, have to do it again next week. I'll try to be more responsive this time, though. :)

Thankfully, November should be a much mellower month.

Yeah. I've been hit with work and college now, so of course everyone else finishes their work now its my turn to practically disappear. :P

Ill keep up responses as best I can. I don't mean to play favorites, but I care about this RP more than any other because it's working towards world-building the books I eventually plan to write and therefore is very near and dear to me.

Also I was just wondering in the vein of NineTimes' question. How do yall feel about your characters showing up in the 'canon' story? More than likely they'd be side characters that wouldn't play a role in the main story, outside of being there in large battles or simply characters to flesh out the order.

Tasrist, an NPC character I made up on the fly was never going to be a canon character in the books. None of them were. But I like his concept more than any other NPC and he's already made his way into the story...

Last edited:
No worries on disappearing. It's play by post. I'm in no rush. Though a slower pace runs the risk of folks losing interest, I suppose. I don't, as long as there's someone responding eventually. :)

I'm game for Emmaline's inclusion in your story, if you find a spot for her. You're free to rename her or rework anything to your liking to get the best possible fit, whatever you're inclined to do.

Just let us know when you start writing and posting/selling/whatever. You've got a real knack for description and I'd enjoy reading your work, time permitting!

I'll try to get another post up today but I'm in my second of two all week onsites and I'm pretty slammed. Will do my best, though!

So something came up when I was drawing everyone's characters, I've realized that both Emmaline and Feather have white hair despite being in their 20's. I know this flies in a lot of fantasy settings but I decided there should be an explanation for it. Hence I simply decided that there is a disease called the Chromanulla flu. It's a flu most people in verse will get as a child, it's rarely an aggressive sickness, entailing headaches, fatigue and sometimes diarrhea for about five to seven days. However, when the flu passes, one's hair will begin to grow out white. (Also it's kind of like chicken pox, you get it once then you're immune forever) I don't see how this impacts the story in any significant way, but just thought I should let you know. After all I'm world-building here...

I was also considering semblance for animal forms. Eye color carries over, and hair color should roughly translate to fur color of an animal. As such, when someone (Charlie) becomes an animal (Say a Cat, like he did earlier) He would have blonde fir (Though there aren't a lot of cats with blonde fir, so maybe just an orange tabby then... yeah that's pretty close.) Same rules somewhat apply for vampire's using their snake form. But perhaps the scales would be part hair color, and part a color or colors that is simply significant to them. (For someone like Emmaline this could be some intricate diamond pattern of Gold, White, Silver and Scartlet, colors significant to Arcadia, and would look cool as hell...) I already played with the idea when I had that vampire character with mechanical arms turn into bats with mechanical wings, and I think it would be a good way for the jaded and eagle-eyed to pick out someone even when they take on the form of an animal.

What do you guys think?

NineTimes NineTimes

Don't worry. I don't mind short posts one bit, we've kind of been moving fast back and fourth with short posts anyways, and if you have nothing else to add to a scene in the story, why write fluff?

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving need ic response for ariana and jane soon plz

Charlie: Ew, you smell like crap.
Feather: -war flashbacks-
(As they say, birds of a feather flock together.)
((Get it, birds, Feather?))
(((wheezing)))

rJakw1b.png

NineTimes NineTimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back