• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nightmare Hunter OOC

I already started drawing Feather so you're going to get art of him that looks like how I imagined him... Though I like your style more than mine--.

I was having a bad art day so it's not as good as I could've been.

((We can be beautiful~~~ just not today))

Attachments

• Photo on 10-30-17 at 12.44 PM.jpg
    Photo on 10-30-17 at 12.44 PM.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 2
I just realized a character (in Feather and Charlie's plotline) who was supposed to be American used metric units. "20 meters up". Maybe just a bit of worldbuilding; everyone uses metric... I hate imperial and never feel like I can imagine the units as easily as I can metric.

Epiphany Epiphany Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving NineTimes NineTimes

I seem to have convinced myself that I can draw but I really can't. This was supposed to come out as a 'happy halloween' picture (cause supernatural/paranormal RP and all) You can ask my programming professor why it was late.

Feather looks way different than how you drew him since he was the first one I drew. Charlie has long pants cause reasons. Emmaline looks pretty much the same. Ariana and Jane's uniforms look more like something from a boarding school than a Japanese high school, and Jane has green eyes as I recently added into the lore that any chakra spirit has an eye color to match their chakra. But since Bitala does not hold to a host but creates her own human projection, only her projection has green eyes.

I need to get back into doing digital art more. I used to be able to draw way better, but I'm way out of practice.

MkK6hKL.png

Epiphany Epiphany Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving NineTimes NineTimes

I seem to have convinced myself that I can draw but I really can't. This was supposed to come out as a 'happy halloween' picture (cause supernatural/paranormal RP and all) You can ask my programming professor why it was late.

Feather looks way different than how you drew him since he was the first one I drew. Charlie has long pants cause reasons. Emmaline looks pretty much the same. Ariana and Jane's uniforms look more like something from a boarding school than a Japanese high school, and Jane has green eyes as I recently added into the lore that any chakra spirit has an eye color to match their chakra. But since Bitala does not hold to a host but creates her own human projection, only her projection has green eyes.

I need to get back into doing digital art more. I used to be able to draw way better, but I'm way out of practice.

MkK6hKL.png
it still looks amazing!!! i love it

DUDE THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!! HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR LINES SO CLEAN ASIGELIUGVLIUGEILUVW

ALSO REALLY SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN ACTIVE, PERSONAL STUFF AND MY FAMILY DECIDED TO TAKE A VACATION TO THE BEACH.

Man, you had me at "practical shoes". Imagine, a picture of a woman who isn't wearing heels. Much harder to find in fantasy artwork than one would think. ;)

I'm honored and delighted. Thanks for drawing it. Looks like we've got a great group!

Will have a post up today.

DUDE THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!! HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR LINES SO CLEAN ASIGELIUGVLIUGEILUVW

ALSO REALLY SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN ACTIVE, PERSONAL STUFF AND MY FAMILY DECIDED TO TAKE A VACATION TO THE BEACH.

I work in Medibang Paint. The base software is free, and the pen tool gives me much cleaner lines than say, photoshop. I've been experimenting with line weight, and it seems to work out nicely.

Do you draw on a tablet?

Man, you had me at "practical shoes". Imagine, a picture of a woman who isn't wearing heels. Much harder to find in fantasy artwork than one would think. ;)

I'm honored and delighted. Thanks for drawing it. Looks like we've got a great group!

Will have a post up today.

Bah! The mere thought that a holy warrior of Arcadia would dare to wear such a sensual and impractical piece of clothing while on duty is blasphemy in and of itself.

In other news, I've been considering what weapons everyone else will receive when they pass through the book of trials. I know it's not something that's really supposed to happen only when they finish, but I have been planning ahead, examining each characters personality and wanting to pick a weapon that represents something about them:

Charlie is a Therianthrope and is in somewhat of a constant identity Crisis. I've considered his weapon being; instead of metal leaflets, like some kind of magical liquid metal that could reform into any weapon T-1000 style, powerful, but charlie would have to keep concentration to get it to form into anything.

Feather would... uhh... I don't know. I'm open to some OOC inupt.

Ariana and Jane have very sweet and innocent personalities, and this makes them perfect to wield the flames of hatred. It sounds contradictory, but the flames of hatred are a dangerous magic and go out of control in the hands of angry or aggressive characters, (just as likely to hurt your allies as your enemies) and those with very calm and kind demeanors are actually the best at controlling them.

Well, Charlie is in somewhat of an identity crisis. Mostly because people keep on denying their gender identity and forcing one binary gender on them, and sometimes they question what their gender really is, and that ends up back where they started, without a gender and a set of pronouns no one wants to conform to. It's really sad because, it just shows that people are jerks, and take their hate out on people who already DON'T NEED MORE OF IT.

Feather would probably want something on the defensive side, protect people, and stuff. I'll admit that Charlie cares more about aesthetic than Feather, so in the end he doesn't care what he gets as long as he can find a way to use it so he can help people.

Trigger Warning:

I'm honestly curious as to how this world would receive someone like Charlie. Since the world is 20-60-20 (the rule I usually follow, 20% medieval (500-1500), 60% steampunk (1880s-1920s), 20% atompunk (1950's)). None of these time periods (to my knowledge) were particularly friendly to alternative gender identities and sexualities.

Obviously the Hunter Order is kind of a very ragtag found family organization, and pretty much anybody is accepted to be whoever they are as long they're willing to help and not endanger the order.

Nexian philosophy teaches that humans are perfect and pure, and that the beings they brand as nex are the cause of all suffering in the world. I for some reason see the religion being sharply divided amongst its interpretation of this; with some people believing that sexualities and gender identities outside of the norm are simply a part of natural human nature, part of what makes them the pure and beautiful beings that they are, and others believing it to be evidence that some demon has possessed them, or some sign that they are nex that are trying to corrupt humanity. Though it would be interesting for there to be some cult or underground group of nexians who believe that gays, criminals, etc are nex posing as people and arrange witch hunts and stuff. This actually allows for some interesting infighting and conflict within Arcadia. Loyal paladins attempting to police these fanatics who take their faith too far and begin to believe that people are nex.

I personally prefer the former interpretation as it helps keep arcadians from seeming too stuck up and bigoted, and fits in with the theme of everything being shades of gray in this world. I describe the Paladins as playing a role in this religion, they are leaders, model citizens and carry weapons and armor. To the people, they are simply model citizens who symbolically fight the evils of this world. It might be easy to assume Paladins would end up being stuck up bigoted pricks, but I honestly don't see that being the case. They're supposed to represent how humanity rises above all else, and therefore should be kind. Nexicisim is a something that someone may actually adopt as a religion, its something they can turn to in times of strife or sadness. Your cat died? Nex killed it! You lost your job? Nex caused that! It teaches that you are perfect, the highest being in the world, and without fault, and gives everyone a scapegoat, someone to blame and take it out on (symbolically for most) and allows people to channel their anger (a very powerful emotion) and frustration away from each other. It tells people that they should rise above the cruel nex. Essentially: "You're the highest class of being in the world, you are a god in your own right, now act like it." The Paladins simply take this a step further and accuse supernatural beings of being incarnations of nex, of humanity's strife and lack of progress.

I was personally never too interested in writing these prejudices with race, gender, sexuality and what have you. Not only does it trigger so many people, even when done in character within a story, but It's hard for me to internalize why a character would hold such a prejudice. (Maybe because people in real life can't really solidly back up these prejudices with rational arguments themselves.)

Ironically in a recent response to Epiphany Epiphany (who said she was gonna write a response and didn't) there was this dialogue:

"You were just going to plan on meddling with the Arcadian justice system without even telling me- I won't allow it. It is only our duty to deal with supernatural threats to humankind, we- we don't fight other people." He barked.

"We'll happily take the fight to vampires and werewolves when they cause trouble, and we're a part of the order too." snarked Tasrist.

To me this kind of sounds like a lot like the Nightmare Hunters are racially profiling the vampires and werewolves, and leaving people alone. (The Paladins double as Arcadia's police force and DO get involved in legal and military matters, dealing with human theives and the like, though do not kill them.) This causes a lot of controversy when people argue that the police will shoot ethnic minorities but leave other groups alone. Now you could argue that vamps/werewolves not on their watch could be prone to madness and insanity, basically being monsters, attacking people, and be causing all sorts of trouble. Yet is that only because they are constantly being patrolled by Hunters and killed by Paladins, and treated like a threat that creates tension and distrust; or is it innate to their condition as these non-human beings. We've seen in the Hunter order werewolves and vampires who live amongst the order and are given proper support, get along fine with normal people, and there is little, if any distrust between them. Is it a perfect parallel to something like racial profiling? Not by a long shot, but there are similar points of contention here.

You could argue they don't want to start an-all out war with the paladins, an organization that is much more organized and has extreme numerical superiority to them. (Paladins aren't butt monkeys/stormtroopers to be mowed down and constantly overshadowed by Hunters, they are a very real threat to the order, and if they could find their bases, would happily kill every non-human inhabitant and imprison everyone left.)

The thing you'll realize pretty quickly is a lot of things around here are-half truths. The world in this is very similar to earth; but at the same time it isn't. Sometimes both supernatural beings just seem evil because their philosophy is eschew or sometimes they're just insane and evil for the sake of being evil. Even the jinx elf, a creature that exists solely to invoke human suffering has a motive. Natevar remarked that it feeds off of suffering, and though I failed to elaborate in-story, that is very literal. The creatures need human suffering to occur to stay alive, and seeing or invoking it brings about euphoria and energy to the elf. It's simply fulfilling a survival instinct. Jinx Elves never do anything to kill or physically harm people, but not because they have a degree of morals, rather it simply forwards their own motive of attaining as much suffering as possible. But perhaps that's just the way a lot of things in life are.

(Okay I could ramble on about this for a long long long time but I don't want to.)

Charlie's experience with gender, race and sexuality is probably a bit different than what you would imagine. Their gender has literally nothing to do with being a therianthrope, therianthropy is when someone is able to shape-shift into different animals. Charlie's gender isn't changing, it is the same, they are agender, therefore do not identify with any gender, though as they may be taken as masculine-inclined, it is only because they avoid wearing anything that would be stereotypically feminine or masculine, the reason why they do not wear any skirts is because in 'men's' clothing they are most likely to be asked their gender, a question that can end in acceptance or hostility (before you ask, Charlie does enjoy wearing feminine clothing, but on rare occasions).

How I see the situation in this world, is that the majorities see the minorities as threats and therefore are harder on the punishment, this causes tension in the world, where the minorities are quick to learn to pick up their guard and majorities are split on how to treat the minorities, though icons of authority and power (Paladins) see them as threats. I see tension between the Paladins and the Hunters, there have probably been a few skirmishes in the past, most likely will be more in the future.

Now, as in gender and sexual identities, I looked at Gradisim. You said in the Hunter's Journal that they believe in binaries and dualities, this may or may not cause problems for Charlie (who has a natural tendency to choose neither options offered), and maybe a few problems for Feather, who tends to stick up for Charlie.

(Sorry for the late reply, I'm busy with NaNoWriMo!)

Ah okay, I guess I just made a bit of a generalization. (Though I still like the idea of that liquid metal weapon...)

Sadly though, this rp seems to be dying. Everyone has said they were going to get IC posts in, but that didn't happen.

What's NaNoWriMo?

National Novel Writing Month, it's where you suffer for the entire month of november to write an entire novel. I made my entire goal 25,000 words and I started late so :closedeyescryingfrown: I might have to do some all-nighter to get back on top of my word count!

I've kinda stopped checking this TBH. I'm not going to be 'that guy' and spam everyone with notifications begging them to post. If this RP is going to die then so be it. It still helped me do loads of Worldbuilding and get some ideas for Nightmare Hunter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back