• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nightmare Hunter OOC

"I really hate to be that guy
But I don't want this RP to die.

Where are you all? Its time to keep going
I want to keep these ideas flowing."

Its been about three days since anyone responded. :-_-lines: *Twiddles Thumbs*

Respone is up. Also I'm finally updating the CS thread.

Its also pretty much official. BlazingSword and Floodwater hve dropped at this point. Im putting their posts in spoilers in the off chance they turn up.

Last edited:
*Tumbleweed blows by*

Epiphany Epiphany NineTimes NineTimes Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Where did everyone go? Is it the notifications acting bad agian? :specialeyes:

if and when you get back, I want your opinion. Though this is meant to be somewhat episodic; I wanted to have this RP have an overarching story. Tell me what you think of these;

-Some evil monster so powerful and violent emerges the Paladins and Hunters have to set aside their differences and team up to stop its plans by any means neccesary.

-Figure out the Mystery of the Blindfolded man and discover that maybe he's not as noble as everyone thinks...

-Some kind of mechanist guy; contrast the magical and supernatural world with technology and steampunk robots or something?

Option one is always a good choice.
Option two is just going to confirm Emmaline's suspicions and incline her to raze the whole order if she can. :P
Option three is fine too.

Honestly, I'd suggest running something you enjoy, something you're passionate about. In my experience, it's nice if the host of a game pitches the plot to player interest (or is at least aware of it) but running things solely for the players rather than yourself is the surest way to see a game stall and die as the GM loses interest. Run something fun for you. The players will come. :)

TBH all three of the ideas that I pitched were pretty interesting to me, and I was kind of hoping we could have arcs for all three of them. I just wanted to pitch them to ensure that there were no ideas people outright disliked; but that doesn't seem to be the case.

If we go with all three, we could weave them into a semi-cohesive narrative in the order 3-1-2. First we introduce the Mechanist, who would be a recurring villain for awhile and then could either be defeated or reasoned with. Then this powerful evil emerges requiring the Paladins and Hunters to team up. If the Mechanist is still around perhaps he becomes a powerful ally and plays a valuable role in defeating the monster. Then it would be revealed that the monsters' arrival was somehow related to the Blindman (either intentional or accidentally) and leads the team to begin investigating his motives and past. Obviously we'll throw in some sidequests between each main story arc for fun and profit. (I have lots of ideas for more minor adventures and monsters-of-the-week as well.)

I planned for this to be monster-of-the-week; kind of like the original comics, but it would be nice if we could have a cohesive narrative to work towards even if we're mostly just side-questing and doing one off adventures with our characters. (One that maintains itself as interesting while not being anything from the comics.)

Its cool. It seems as though notifications aren't working properly; (Double check you all are subscribed to this thread and the IC thread.) so I'm probably just going to mention the relevant people when I respond to their IC posts. Liking a persons post is another way to get their attention.

Also we might open again. Since this RP is at equilibrium at 4-5 rpers.

Will write a post to IC after my class. Gimme a few hours.

NineTimes NineTimes since your characters weren't interested right away in joining the order after being saved by them; as I intended, I've got a little supernatural mystery for them to get involved with instead... even if they aren't part of the order :)

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

So I have some things I'd like to talk over with you OOC.

1. What would you like the actual fate of Ariana and Jane's parents to be? For sheer drama they could of course just turn out to be dead, but interesting story possibilities come from them being alive. It would be interesting if they were jailed in Arcadia and the Hunters tried to break them out and free the family. This would bring up some interesting conflicts with the Hunter Order; its not really something they would really want to get involved with. Especially needing to retain their newest recruit, Emmaline.

2. Should the twins take the trails? For now everyone's still under the impression they are underage innocents caught in the crossfire of a supernatural conflict and therefore see it as part of their duty to maintain peace between people and supernatural entities to take care of them. Nobody has considered them fit for full membership. Though the sweet innocent little girl type wouldn't be banned from becoming a field agent, it's not something that anyone would immediately think to do. I though it wise to have that shown in the story that this fact was adressed. If you do want them to become field agents, than perhaps it would be by way of their own interest and/or some development with their parents. I think there's potential for them to connect to Emmaline, as they're all from Arcadia.

If you don't want them to become field agents, then they can live at the temple or in some other way and continue to have ties to the order. After all, Feather and Charlie are outside of the order right now on a side adventure. Though I plan for the Blindfolded Man to offer them membership to the order upon its conclusion, they need not accept it. My intention was that people's characters would express interest in becoming field agents, take their trials, and we would form a classic team of supernatural investigators.

3. And more immediately; how should we handle them sleeping? Nothing will disturb them within the sanctuary. We could assume that since Natevar and Emmaline are leaving for a mission, that they will be gone for several hours and return in the morning, and simply resync the timelines then, rping their awakening in the temple and what happens in the morning. Later on, we can begin to skip time and only focus on what happens during missions, and assume that eating, sleeping and training happens in the background, without describing it in detail.

Well my idea was that they would become full members soon. I had the idea that they would stage a rescue attempt on the girls parenrs only to find them dead and upon hearing the news the girls become distraught and broken, out of a want for family they decide to join the hunters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back