• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nexus Academy of Magic (Reboot)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Unknown
"My~ how quaint with how things turn on the wheel and how revolting everything can be with peace. Has our little Mantis gotten the Heart yet?"
"No....He takes his time and I fear he'll back out of the deal soon."
"Tsk Tsk Tsk....That won't do. He needs to get the Heart of Lin to us so we can throw open the gates! I want to pay those knights a lesson they won't soon forget! Not to mention those of the order of Merlin...So simplistic yet so naive....Send a reminder to our little thief and be quick about it, those higher up are itching to get started with the strengthening of the cores."
"Yes, your will be done."
"Alone at last, hmmmm.....What to do with the Heart once we get it? Its a finicky artifact and one that would surely kill everyone before choosing a host. Hm...I just want a taste of that magic....That sweet sweet magic that sings with agony~....Soon my little Heart....Soon you shall be home where you belong....."

Zain Qalli
Zain frowned as he kept having a phantom pain in his chest. It wasn't a throbbing pain or something to outright scream about but it let him know it was there. He chalked it up as the aftereffect of having the Heart of Lin's magic coursing through his body once again, and it seemed to be that since his body still felt a tad heavy with sleep. He yawned, placing a hand in front of his mouth and blinked once, before his head collided with the desk and he was out. His adopted daughter walked in, preparing to scream her lungs out before her familiar informed her that he was only asleep.

Allen Briar/Gawain Andraste
Allen sighed as he moved about with aimless direction in the school. His employer was possibly very angry now since he had not gotten the Heart of Lin in the amount of time requested. Finding the Heart wasn't an easy thing to do, it was hidden somewhere and quite a handful to try and find it. He entered his room, being greeted by Oswald with his usual diving for his pants, and Laith crawling up his leg to sit on his head, tapping out a message with her forelegs. He half paid attention to the message as he milled about his room, looking for something to do, other than look for the damned Heart. That was until Laith tapped 'Discord' onto his skull. Then the entire message was played onto his head again.
"Your employer is most displeased with your lack of investigation with the Heart of Lin. They wished to send an item to you to serve as a reminder on what it means to disappoint a mage of discord. Their item is on your bed, do take care of how you open it, master."
'Damn, the things I do to keep my reputation clean from being involved with those rogue mages.'
He thought as he opened the door to his bedroom and found the box was on the bed. It reeked like decay and sulfur. He gagged and he knew he had to open the box to get the reminder but he also didn't want to enter a contract with a demon for the sake of punishment. He sighed and opened the box, then proceeded to gag as the head of one of his contacts stared up at him with glassy wide eyes.
'Great, how am I going to explain how a decapitated head got to my room?'
He thought before Laith jumped onto the head and began to weave a web around the head, probably to eat it later.

Light Hope Phoenix
Light drew the protective circle slowly and carefully, making sure she doesn't get it wrong in any way, shape, or form. Peace was next to her double checking it for her making sure Light doesn't miss anything. 'This is good Light, You're going to take up most of your time for this class if you keep at it.' The familiar said to Light, who nodded slightly and stood up. 'Is something going to happen, I have this feeling something might but I don't know for sure and it's nerve racking.' The white haired girl though, looking uneasy about something. She shook her head and looked at her familiar, who jumps up onto Light's shoulder and sits there. Letting out a sigh, Light looks around the class room and waits for further instructions.

YUNA JEON

Yuna laughed smugly upon being called a star student by the White Arts Professor- clearly not taking the hint that the statement was full of sarcasm. She eyed her classmates, a complacent smile irksomely painted on her face. "Ohohoho, I see you know my name, Professor. That's right! T'is I, Yuna Jeon, the star student of this class and every other classes too!" she responded with a bloated ego.

It was then when she stood up and waltzed to the table, grabbing the key before making her way to the summoned hallway. One foot in and a giant axe swung sideways in front of her face. Yuna froze in fear and surprise as she stared at the booby traps and poisonous plants ahead. She retracted her foot, returned the key on the table, picked up a chalk and returned to her seat on the ground, all with shaking legs. "R-R-Rulers are for... amateurs." she excused with a nervous gulp.

With that settled, the pink-haired began to do her task. She started by etching a circle on the ground- or at least attempted to. Drawing was not her strongest suit, needless to say. So it wasn't much of a surprise when she ended up creating an egg-like shape. Next thing she did was to add the complicated details which she definitely didn't like. Soon, she was staring face to face with a very poorly drawn version of the rune on the board. Wow, drawing on Atsuko's face was waaaaay better and easier than this!

Bithiah the Bewildered
Bithiah was quite bemused with Yuna's gung-ho enthusiasm toward retrieving her ruler (however shortlived) and was further entertained by the kindergarten enthusiasm (and skill level) with which she undertook the assigned task. Never could Bithiah conceive of a wizard that could so obviously, fail utterly, the entirety of the technical and skill-based aspects of magic and yet be completely convinced of the exact opposite. And so upon reaching the vaguely spherical doodle which was supposedly Yuna's circle Bithiah resolved to test just how far her new student could get based only upon a belief in self, whether it would harden into a rock solid resolve, or consist solely of an inflated ego.
"What a tremendous effort and example our most esteemed pupil Yuna Jeon has demonstrated for us. A perfect visual representation of how actions speak louder than words. For such a shining beacon, it deserves a little bit of extra special attention, earned wholesale through meritocratic action." At this, she pulled out some twine and spooled it in a circle around the chalk barrier, passing three times before suddenly severing the twine and barking a single indecipherable word at once. This transformed the harmless twine into a huge constrictor snake, a much larger and nastier version of her noodly familiar. It coiled around the flimsy glowing light of the circle and prepared to squeeze, leaving the small little girl in a tiny island amidst a sea of scales.
. D O V E . D O V E

Morkari watched as each student was tested. He was beginning to have some suspicions that there was more to this "test" than the teacher was letting on. Not much he could do about it however, so he sighed and talked to Ratel while waiting for his turn. He had barely managed to complete his circle in the time given. Luckily he had taken art classes during highschool, so while it wasn't a perfect copy, it was pretty close how it was supposed to be.

"Hey Ratel, how much do ya want to bet Yuna is about to get squeezed a little?" Ratel yawns and looks over at Yuna, the snake forming and starting to constrict. "I'd say yes. Not that it's fun betting when we both bet the same way." She then yawns and lays her head back down, though she doesn't fall back asleep, as Morkari was next to be tested. "How bout you? I'm willing to bet you get knocked on your ass." Morkari laughs to himself. "Certainly not my ass, but I can bet my circle will fail at least a little, I don't yet have the control to put what is needed into it. I certainly tried, but that doesn't mean I can block an attack from an expert with it just yet." Morkari shrugged and waited calmly for the teacher to get done toying with Yuna and test his circle, a determined look on his face. He wasn't sure about blocking a teachers entire spell, but he felt he should at least be able to block a small portion of the power.

MrThe MrThe
Characters mentions (made fun of) - . D O V E . D O V E

YUNA JEON

Yuna was glad that she was finally getting the recognition she so greatly deserved! The smug smile on her face never left as she got soaked with the professor’s praises. Being called a ‘shining beacon’ made her amour propre hit the ceiling. Ah, of course, someone as special as her truly warranted special recognition.

“Ohohoho! This is nothing, professor. I can do something even more amazing! In fact, I didn’t even pour my hundred percent in this- um, excuse me, what are you doing?”

Pink eyes squinted in confusion as she noticed the older woman draping some sort of a thread around her and her masterpiece before uttering a strange word. Yuna froze and paled as the string began to grow, and soon, she was staring at an actual gigantic snake looming over her.

“AYIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!?”

The self-proclaimed star student screamed in fear, comically flailing around like a pig trying to fly, as the oversized reptile began to squeeze. The pendant on her chest proceeded to glow a bright pink until Mr. Pinkie (in his smaller form) popped out of thin air in the small area of her struggling barrier. The whale familiar had sensed that his master was in a state of panic. For the first time, Yuna initiated contact. She grabbed the whale and began to shake him vigorously.

“W-What should I do!? My circle thingy is cracking!” she glanced down at her chalk doodle which was starting to yield to the snake’s force.

“Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl, caaaaaaaaaaaaalm dooooooooooooown yoooooo~” a deep masculine voice slowly said, “Juuuuuust fooocuus oooon reeeeesiiiistiiing. Doooon’t leeet iiiit deeestroy yooour baaarrieeer~”

“Can’t you speak faster, you idiot!?”

“Fooooocuuuusssss oooon keeeeepiiiing iiiit awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~”

Yuna screeched in annoyance. How was she supposed to focus on anything when she a few seconds away from being squeezed to death by a giant snake? It already constricted through half of her barrier and it was advancing further. She could almost feel its scales against her skin. To make matters worse, her familiar was being useless, and everybody’s eyes were on her. OH NO! The professor and her classmates would be disappointed if she let the ugly snake completely get to her. She’ll lose fans! Oh whale NO! Just when the serpent was about to reach her, Yuna dramatically extended her hands with a war cry.

“REEEEEEEEEE! I, Yuna Jeon, shall not be squashed by an ugly, enormous, twine-turned-serpent! Why? Because I will be the number one superstar in the whole wide universe, and I won’t let any hideous beast ruin my beautiful future! The universe will cry a million ocean if I were to disappear! I am the cutest! I am the most charming! I am the-”

And as Yuna continued to spew more egotistic statements, the snake got pushed back as the egg-shaped barrier returned to its original size. The girl and her raging ego somehow, and unwittingly, managed to successfully ward the Professor's reptilian terror away.

MrThe MrThe

Roxie drew her circle and made sure it was an exact replica of the one the professor drew. "There that wasn't to hard." Thank goodness she could draw. Bithiah walked around the room going over everyone circles. When she blasted the Anna girl Roxie wondered if the magic circle was supposed to prevent that.
MrThe MrThe
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atsuko laughed. "Yuna that's not...nevermind." Atsuko let it go. Oh well, no point in getting into another argument. Atsuko went to work on finishing up her circle. I turned ok not awful not perfect just ok. As professor checked the circles she also seems to be attacking the dang students. Anna got wind blasted and Yuna was being attacked by a snake?! "Yuna!" Atsuko was almost as freaked out as Yuna was. She could of been laughing but... THAT WAS A HUGE SNAKE. "Don't die!"Atsuko said as she watched Yuna. Atsuko attention went over to her circle. ".....did she even tell us how use it?" she asked herself.
. D O V E . D O V E MrThe MrThe

Last edited by a moderator:
Bithiah the Brick
Upon witnessing Yuna successfully repel her snake spell Bithiah simply said "A bit loud and unorthodox, but a solid showing nonetheless." But just as she went on to blast the person next to her completely out of their circle the bell rang and Bithiah simply said "Class Dismissed" waved her hand, and everyone teleported outside the classroom.
. D O V E . D O V E

Last edited:
Misaki Himegami
Misaki just blinked in surprise that everyone was teleported out of the classroom, without everyone getting tested. She shrugged her shoulders before making her way to the next class, and sat down. She got her cards out again, being perturbed by a feeling of suspense. But she put them away, instead she went with drawing or drawing as best she could. She just began drawing a small forest; wispy fog floating on the ground while the trees seemed to be a crystalline in nature than actual wood. In the middle of the drawing, a pond, 6-7ft across while 10-11ft deep. In the middle of the pond, was a large crystalline tree. But the middle of the tree, it looked like a man in the fetal position, sleeping and waiting. She stopped drawing and didn't feel the suspense anymore. She looked at the drawing and blinked multiple times in succession at how good it looked. Why couldn't she apply this to the circle?
"You directed your divination to something creative and it showed through the drawing. Its up to you to interpret the drawing, but I say keep it. You might have a knack for it but I wouldn't try that again. Unless you really want to draw something that could horrify you instead, go with the cards. They may have more insight...Bring the cards out and some on the drawing."
"Ok..."
Blathnaid said, getting an idea before Misaki responded, unsure on if to do what her familiar said. She pulled out ten cards and placed 5 on it, face down. And waited five minutes, tilting her head to the right then left before flipping the first card over. World...Misaki felt the card was telling a completion of something. Next card was flipped, Temperance, she felt it was a balance of something. The next three cards; Reversed Hermit, Tower, and Wheel of Fortune. Huh...In all, the outlook of the drawing was good though it was meddled with bad tidings that lead up to it. She looked to her familiar with a raised eyebrow.
"Well?"
"Seems like bad things will lead to good things, but the future for the man seems halted somehow. Like he is in a suspended animation for an indefinite time frame. Well, at least you know that you can divination with a picture. Just be careful when trying to divert the feeling you get to drawing, something horrible could happen."
"Right, like anything isn't as horrible as what happened to me...Well, shit...."
Misaki began to say before one of five cards, in her hand, fell onto the ground next to the drawing. Death, an end had come. She looked to her familiar and looked back at the card.
"So telling the teacher. Agreed?"
"Agreed."
Lixue Abari Thorn
Lixue tilted her head to the left in confusion on why everything happened the way it did. But Asha pecked her cheek lightly and she could only shrug. Things happened for a reason, ancestors be willing to listen, and she was beginning to become impatient with how things were run. But she took a deep breath before letting it out slowly, and went to the next class, sitting down. Asha perched herself on the desk looking at her.
You seem to be becoming impatient. Things are not to be hastened for lack of reason. Do not let selfish reasons try to rule your judgement when things become too much. The future holds so much for us. We need only to gaze with a head held high.

Morkari was a bit surprised when he was suddenly outside the classroom, but he was getting used to things like this. He sighed, he went back to his room and grabbed a snack before heading to the next class. He was excited about the next class, as it would most likely eventually involve learning more about Formulative Magic.

He finished his bag of chips and after getting up and stretching a bit, walked to class. He sat down at a random desk, and waited.

Chouko Qalli
Chouko raced to the last class of the day, having been informed by a piece of paper that she had to attend the last class of the day. And she only vaguely remembered where it was from the tour, well she raced as best she could with a limp. If this was combat, she was royally screwed. Her familiar had raced ahead, to guide her and make sure she was on time to class, even if it meant being drill sergeant.
'Can this day get any worse?'
She thought as she came into the class with a sweating brow and panting very heavily. She flopped down into her seat, a random seat that wasn't near her twin before she groaning at the feeling of her leg throbbing from all the running she did without stop. She really needed to pace herself, but she had little time to do anything of the sort. She fell asleep with her familiar sitting on top of her head, looking ahead. He was going to be her alarm clock when class started. And oh boy, did he have a way to wake her up.​

Hector wasn't expecting to be teleported out of the class before his turn came up but he wasn't complaining. He was certain that he wasn't going to pass somehow with this assignment. Although after watching the others who failed it only made him wonder if it was rigged somehow. Only Yuna seemed to succeed somehow and well from what he has seen so far he was left wondering how out of everyone it could be her. Now of course this was no longer important as it was time to head to the next class. Hoping that he wouldn't have someone even more creepy teaching the next class he made his way over with Lyn at his side. It had not been far at all since it was just down the hall so he just walked in and took a seat.

LAVIGNA LOCKHEART & YUNA JEON

A portal suddenly opened in front of the designated classroom which the class was supposed to occupy. Out came none other than Lavigna Lockeart, still wearing her white blouse and tight office skirt. Sitting at the front row, a pink-haired girl let out an audible gasp as she took note of the whip hanging on the older woman's hips. Yuna realized that this was the same woman who introduced familiars to all of them and helped them summon their own. Nonetheless, she felt the urge to address her earlier thought.

"Uh, why do you have a whip-"

"Hello, everyone!" the professor began with a bright beam, "I think we have all met before but allow me to introduce myself once again. I am Professor Lavigna Lockheart, and yes, I am single but I don't entertain students." she added, almost automatically.

Yuna thought that the woman looked nothing like a combat professor but instead looked like she belonged in a catwalk.

"Please stand up and follow me to the gym. Last one to get there will have to do a hundred pumps!" she said with a chuckle before disappearing into the portal. Yuna, alarmed by the second statement, immediately bolted up of her seat and raced to follow the professor.

The pink-haired took in her surroundings as she arrived on the other side of the portal. She found herself in a spacious but closed hall. It appeared to be rather empty and plain, unlike the gyms found on earth filled with treadmills and the likes. Yuna looked around to look for the professor but she wasn't anywhere in sight. She frowned before muttering a quick, "Wow, what a weirdo.." to herself.

Misaki Himegami
"Regretting wanting to tell the teacher now?"
"In a way yes and no. Still, need to tell her about this but I would think....Nope, still going to tell her....and she's gone. Great, just damned peachy. Right when I want to tell her something, she runs off. Oh well, hopefully we can find her on the other side of that portal."
Blathnaid asked, before Misaki answered and getting a bit frustrated that she hadn't told the teacher about the card she held. She picked everything up, along with placing the cards back in the deck, even the picture she roughly drew and held close to her chest. She drew in a breath and stepped through the portal with ease, a bit weary of things like that. But once she got onto the other side, the place was fairly large in size about as big as that cavern. She blinked in a bit of surprise at making a casual comparison between a place of horror and tragedy to something common. She hummed a bit in thought before going to a place far enough from the portal and sat, with Blathnaid in her lap.

Lixue Abari Thorn
Lixue went through the portal without much hesitation though she did think she was going to a different world altogether, being a bit disappointed she wasn't going to see something amazing. She sighed before moving away from the portal, and sat down in a random spot, fixed on what was around her. This was all new to her, and this much space was just likened to home except there was sky, bush, and African soil under her toes. She smiled at the thought of home but knew she had to learn more on her magic to be better at things.
Good, We learn from where we can and follow where the ancestors lead us. But we needs be mindful of tricksters wishing to fool us. We learn.

Chouko Qalli
Chouko smiled at seeing Professor Lavi again but she didn't know she taught this class. Oh well, time to get to it! She mentally thought before getting up slowly and wincing at the protest her legs gave her, especially her left leg. Damn did it hurt! She took a deep breath, making a mental note to see her dad after this so she could get some pain killers and possibly zonk out for the night. She limped slowly through the portal and looked around to find, just like her twin/former sibling, that it looked quite spacious liken to the cavern. But at least it didn't have a damned hole in the middle of it. Or anything pertaining to that part of her life.
'I do hope the professor goes a bit easy on you with your limp, until your old man could fix the problem of your limp.'
"I fell down a hill and fractured my knee, had a limp since then."
'And to think being reborn would cure you of the limp. Oh well, might as well enjoy what your body can do at the moment. But you don't have your item on you so you might be excused on this class for today, possible though I wouldn't be too sure.'
"Thanks for being so supporting."
Anil and Chouko conversed with Chouko saying the last statement in sarcasm while Anil just gave a toothy Fennec fox smile.

Azura Indukala
Azura held the four samples of wood she picked in a bag before going to the Headmaster's office, to discuss Chouko's item. A magic music user must have a item made specifically for them and it must be in harmony with them or the music would try to backlash against the user. She hoped of one of these four samples of old wood would be good to make an item for Zain's adopted daughter. Yew, Koa, Pernambuco (Brazil Wood), and Redwood were the samples she had with her. Two were hard woods and two were softwoods. Yew and Redwood were the softwoods while Koa and Pernambuco (Brazil wood) were hardwoods. She made certain she had old wood samples stripped of any magic in them. Once the wood is selected, she would go with younger samples to see how they would react to the young magic music user. She knocked on the door of the office and waited, before looking at her left shoulder to find Jyotis there.
"Came with me instead of roosting in the rafters of the music room?"
"Of course, seeing the headmaster is always a favorite past time of mine."
"Or you just like to oogle his familiar, hmmm?"
"I DO NOT!"
"You so do too. But aside from that, you never really like to come with me to visit Magnus. Something's up and I know it by how you fluff up like that."
"Yeah, something happened. Music room is too quite and sound echoes too much. Someone's been lurking around the room lately and I haven't got a clue why."
"No idea why either. I don't have any magical old wood sample in there since those have a lot of magic in them and I'm not one to willingly leave those woods out for someone to snatch up."
"What about the small mini vault you keep hidden with them inside?"
"No one would know where it would be. Except persons keyed in. Me, Magnus, Clair, and Zain. Along with Alice, if she need to use it for her nature class."
"Well, someone's been sneaking around and causing a bit of a ruckus, making me unhappy with how noisy they are. Too damned noisy..."
Jyotis began to say before falling asleep on Azura's shoulder. Well, she had a possible would-be thief on her hands that wanted either to mess around in the music room or get to the old magical woods she had. Small samples nothing more and nothing less. She sighed wistfully and knocked on the door.

Interaction: Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Roxie stood there slightly stunned as she looked around. "Were we just all teleported?" She looked down to see her stuff was teleported as well. Honestly, she was glad to be out of that class. Before she could even think of what the next class was a professor teleported in front of the students.

"Hello, everyone! I think we have all met before but allow me to introduce myself once again. I am Professor Lavigna Lockheart, and yes, I am single but I don't entertain students."
"......I better not." Roxie said to herself deciding not respond to that.
"Please stand up and follow me to the gym. Last one to get there will have to do a hundred pumps!"

Roxie ran to the portal right behind Yuna. Like hell, she was doing a hundred push-ups.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atsuko ran right behind Roxie getting to the gym. When she went through the portal she walked over to Yuna as she looked around. "There's nothing here......"
. D O V E . D O V E

When Chouka left Alice got up and stretched out her arms. "Wow....this sure has been a busy day. Want that pie and tea now?" The moment the words left her mouth there was knock at the door. Alice walked over and opened it to see Azura. "Oh! Azura hi come on in." Alice said as she step away to Azura could come in. "You need anything?"
Quinlan63 Quinlan63
RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

Last edited:
Morkari didnt bother hurrying through the portal; not like he didn’t do 100 push-ups every morning to begin with.

He looked around the large “gym” as he found some where to sit. He didn’t mind who the teacher was, as long as they could teach them combat magic.

He waited for the teacher to come back. He never bothered to check if he was last through the portal either.

Azura Indukala
Azura looked at Alice with a smile.
"I'm here to see Magnus. Chouko's item needs to be made but I need an opinion on what wood to use for it. I suspect she's a music user with how her eyes lit up whenever she entered my classroom. But I would also like your opinion. I have two hardwoods and two softwoods, both used to make instruments. Yew and Redwood are the softwoods while Koa and Pernambuco (Brazil wood) and the hardwoods. They don't have any magic in them since trying to come with old magic wood would be a bit dangerous with how much magic they can spew if not handled carefully."
Azura said, holding up each wood piece as she names them.

Interaction: animegirl20 animegirl20

Hector had just got comfortable when Professor Lockheart had arrived to start class, which he was worrisome with her having a whip on her hip. But luckily she did nothing with it and just opened a portal for them to follow through. Everyone was making their move, some quicker than others, but Hector took a moment so as to not bump into anyone. Once More Kari, as he was called now, walked in he came in right behind him to find they were in the gym (he guessed). It was so empty that one could only wonder why they call it that in the first place. It also had dawned on him that the professor was nowhere to be seen. I have a bad feeling about this......

Minerva wasn't the first to reach the gym nor was she the last. She was, however, among one of the first to notice the presence of Clair who was leaning up against one of the walls shrouded in shadow. The young mage mentally cringed upon such a revelation, not only did she have to worry about Lavi and her off the cuff form of teaching but now she also had to worry about Clair AND her off the cuff methods of teaching too! Raising her left hand slowly to embrace the back of her head Minerva let out a soft sigh and readied herself for what she assumed was going to be an absolute 'shitshow' of events.

Once everyone was assembled and everything had quietened down Lavi moved to pace back and forth in front of her beloved young pups, stars practically popping out of her eyes as she went on to address what would be the essence of her class. Whip in hand and smiling with excitement that could radiate throughout the entire school itself Lavi began "Magic Combat is a topic and class that has been taught here In the academy since it's construction all those millennia ago. It's a class that is constantly evolving and constantly brought under the microscope for detailed examination anytime a big wig so much as mentions it's name. In other words it's highly controversial! Scandalous!" Cracking the whip loudly Lavi continued "Magic combat is a class you must give your all to, it's a class that demands your all and will chew you up and spit you back out if it doesn't get what it wants. Like me!" winking quite suggestively at a few of the students Lavi moved to a stand still, whip in one hand hip in the other "I am Lavigna Lockheart. From this day forward until the day you graduate from this fine establishment I will be your magical combat teacher and I will push you to your very limits as a mage in training. There will be days from now on in that you'll wake up with bumps, bruises and even scars from training and class from the day before. Some of you will break countless numbers of bones and others of you may even die temporarily.... TEMPORARILY! Medical staff are on standby at all times.... most of the time... ANYWAY!" Completely failing to read the room Lavi offered forth a gentle smile and offered her open right hand forward into the space between her and the students with glee "So then, let's explore the world of magic through combat! What do you say huh!"

"Miss Lockheart... I believe you've dramatized quite a few of my classmates with that speech of yours. I'm sorry but it doesn't seem like anyone wants to join you..." Minerva spoke out when everyone one else lay silent, of course not everyone was against the class but for the vast majority Minerva had spoken the truth and she had done so quite bluntly. This in turn caused Lavi to collapse onto her knees with quite the dramatic thump resonating through the hall "w.w.what! Look at me! How could you not want to join me and partake in such a wonderful class!"

Moving through the amalgamation of her peers Minerva moved to place her left hand upon Lavis right shoulder and in doing so offered her a warm smile "Not a lot of people are going to want to wake up with cuts and scars. Nor would anyone want to die as a result of your class Lavi. You're being too extreme. Remember these students have never experienced magic on the level you have. Death means the end to quite a lot of them."
"B.b.but it's only Temporary!"
"Lavi, you need to be more considerate in your wording. Everyone what Miss Lockheart is trying to say is; Here in the academy healing magic is rampant. All staff and year two students forward posses magic that can banish scars and even heal on a cellular level. The medical staff and a select few staff also posses the magic to heal a person so efficiently following death that you might as well associate death on campus with merely losing consciousness temporarily. That is if losing consciousness left you feeling better than before you lost your consciousness. There is no threat to your health I can assure you."
Latching onto Minerva and pulling her down into a hug Lavigna nodded and beamed smiling once again "Yes! Yes exactly!"

Moving from the shadows to a standstill beside Lavi and Minerva, Clair coughed loudly which made both women currently on the floor stand up faster than anyone could believe was humanly possible. Following a quick glare at the two Clair clapped her hands and the gym became enveloped in a bright flash of light before seemingly transporting everyone to a large meadow. Moving both her hands to her hips Clair began with a sigh "For those of you who don't know, I'm Clair O'Reilly and like Lavigna here I will also be teaching you Magical Combat. Aside from that I am also the head of security here at the academy so if you ever run into trouble feel free to confide in me. Now with that introduction out of the way allow me to start the class by teaching you the basics. By now you'll have learned a basic warding spell and also be able to summon your familiar. Both these things are essential in magical combat. A mage is always prepared. In combat a mage should always be dual casting as a minimum. That is dual casting in the sense that you will be both projecting and maintaining a ward while also casting offensive spells. Later this will turn to triple casting and so on. It is important you note now that all wards work in different manners. A ward that absorbs mana will be weak to physical attacks and vice versa. For now I want you all to partner up, raise your wards and attempt to break your partners anyway you can do so. You may begin right away."

Chouko Qalli
Chouko looked at the teacher like she had grown a second head before a deadpan expression on her face as she had no clue what ward she needed to learn and already was beginning to hate the class.
Can't blame you there. I don't know how to draw that ward but you could ask your belated twin, if she's willing to help you out.
"I could ask. But....Ah Hell, we do have to partner up with someone so they could possibly help me with it."
Good enough for me. Now, pick someone and lets get moving already.
"Right..."
Chouko said, talking to her familiar, before walked/limped to someone that looked a bit feminine but still looked masculine. She tapped the person on the shoulder, or held out her hand.
"Hi, I'm Chouko. Can you be my partner and help with this ward the teacher talked about? I don't know how to draw it or even know what its about."
She said, sheepishly rubbing the back of her head as she chuckled while leaning on her good leg, her other leg was throbbing with twinges of pain and she did need to see her dad after this to get something done with it.

Interaction: Astrylan Astrylan

Misaki Himegami
Misaki looked blandly at the surroundings. Well, at least it wasn't like a cavern or an abandoned village/temple complex. But really, her mind thought of how many ways someone could be spotted in such a large meadow.
"Your being pessimistic, and not in a good way. Lay off the negative thoughts and focus. First, show the teacher the card and say what it means before picking a partner. Or we could just go about class like the card had nothing to do with this."
"Alright, Blathnaid. I understand. I'll tell the teacher before picking a partner."
She said, moving to Ms. Clair with the death card in hand, and handed it to the teacher.
"A life has ended somewhere closeby. I do not know where but death has been dealt today."
She said softly, before taking the card back and going back to picking a partner. She tilted her head at a thought before tapping a person on their upper arm.
"Hi, I'm Misaki. Would you like to partner up together and hopefully pass the class?"
She said, tilting her head to the left a bit with Blathnaid on her right shoulder tilting her head to the right.

Interaction: Quinlan63 Quinlan63
Mentions: Uasal Uasal

Morkari turned as Chouko tapped his shoulder. "Uh, sure. I remembered to write it down thankfully." He pulled out a notebook from his bag and handed it to Chouko. "Let me know when you are ready. I'm uh, going to stretch a bit." He then walks a few feet away, and starts to stretch. With what Morkari has on, it's now obvious he's not as weak as he looks. The Uniform was baggy enough it hid the muscles he had. Not that he was buff, but he wasn't weak. He clearly worked out on a regular basis. He was still kinda small looking from afar though. The muscles he had were mostly just enough he could chop wood and other similar things from back when he lived at home.

When Chouko was done, he'd prepare his own ward too, but he would wait till she attacked first. He wanted to try out his ward, as he didn't get to earlier. P;us, he was slightly hesitant to attack a girl...

Chouko Qalli
Chouko grinned as she took the notebook and looked at the ward, before her familiar flopped dramatically onto the floor for no reason making her look at Anil with a raised eyebrow.
"This seem boring to you, Anil?"
'Boring? No. Bland? Yes to hundredth degree! That ward has no flair, no beauty, no significance to it! Makes me want to gag looking at it. But since we have the outline of the ward, why don't we give it a personal flair to it, some music oriented things to it to make it your own. And make sure you write the ward down as well, no sense of trying to just copy an uninspiring ward. It'll be a template for us, any ward they throw at us will be templates and we add our personal flair to it. But let's first write the ward down before copying it into the notebook we have.'
Chouko blinked at the dramatic yet insightful speech her familiar gave before looking at the ward. Personal flair huh? I can do that~. She though as she drew the ward but not as intended, and this happened all with a smile. In the end, the entire ward was likened to a giant musical score in a circle. She grinned before looking at Anil, who sat on a notebook that had a pencil. She took the notebook she was handed by her partner and copied the ward into the notebook provided for her by Anil before he ate the notebook, pencil and all. She was only left with the notebook that belonged to her partner, while trying to comprehend how in the damned world and afterlife did Anil swallow her notebook. It was one thing she'll have to ask her dad about after the class. With an outstretched arm, Chouko held out the notebook to her partner.
"Here...."
She said, before looking at her ward. It looked good, and sturdy. She smiled before giving a thumbs up.
"Ready when you are~!"

Interaction: Astrylan Astrylan

Morkari smiled after taking his Notebook and depositing back in his bag. He then concentrated and put some magic into his ward. He then tried to think how the heck he was going to attack from over here, as he knew zip about how to attack with magic. While thinking about this, he somehow ended up remembering reading a book where someone's magic formed into Dragons when cast. He was slowly going through in his mind, the process the guy went through, when he suddenly opened his eyes as he felt magic running through him. He raised his had and attempted to project it towards Chouko. A small Dragon, about the size of a cat, flew towards her and collided with her ward, breaking it. Thankfully it took all the power that blast had to break it, so it dissipated upon impact.

"Wh-what?" Morkari wasn't sure what happened honestly. He had done all that instinctively. He wasn't even sure he could do it again. He ran over to Chouko as the magic dissipated. "Ar-are you okay?" He looked her over trying to see if she was hurt anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back