• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nexus Academy of Magic (Reboot)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

YUNA JEON
Quite frankly that was the funniest thing she has heard all day. Yuna bursted out into a fit of laughter after her roommate’s little outburst. She spent eighteen years in an orphanage and it would be a fact when she says that she has encountered a lot of kids claiming that they’re adults.

“Okay, okay, whatever rocks your boat!” she said with tears of laughter at the edge of her long lashes. Usually she’d fight for what she wants (in this case being the right side of the room) but she decided not to because she was convinced she was rooming with a kid. “Don’t be in such a hurry to become an adult. It’s a trap, I swear.” she advised with huff as she plopped down on the left bed.

She began to unpack her belongings with a melodious hum. It was almost ridiculous how everything she pulled from her rollerbag was colored in pastel pink. “Okay Natsuko, these are big sister’s stuffs. I know you’re a child and children typically likes to play with bright colored stuffs but these are off-limits, mkay?” Yuna began as she gestured to the variety of pink objects now scattered on the left side of the four-corners.

The singer got up and began pasting several posters and pictures on the wall. Some were inspirational but most were simply parading her pretty face. With that, she faced Atsuko with her rosy lips curled upwards, “By the way, my name’s Yuna Jeon and I’m legitimately eighteen! I’m gonna be a superstar soon so if you want an autograph just say so.”

animegirl20 animegirl20

Min was sitting there on his suitcase unsure of what to do about the person crying in front of him, however, he'd only just sat down on his suitcase when someone appeared outta no where, however he almost expected stuff like this at a school for magic, it was that he was telling the woman in front him that she wasn't going to be fired... Is he the headmaster?! Or is he possibly just someone with authority over some of the teachers? Min wasn't sure, but as he was trying to calm her down, he didn't interrupt to ask.

animegirl20 animegirl20 Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Archibald hasn't been looking in the Cabinets long when Zain and Lavi entered the kitchen. And yes it was a rare thing for him to be out of his office or away from the library since he spent a lot of his time working or researching stuff. Honestly he surprised himself really since he could of just just his enchanted plate to conjure up something to eat. He could only guess a part of him just wanted to come to the kitchen since it was obvious that others might show up and he didn't want to eat alone.

"Hello Zain nice to see you and no Lavi, I'm not going to be starting any fires," he replied. A second after saying that he turned to see that Lavi was putting on and apron saying that she was going to cook for them. What she didn't say was that she needed him to move out of the way. This almost resulted in Archie breaking his neck on the ground. Well actually he did in fact break his back but good for him he always work a small amulet under his clothes that when something like this happens resets his bodies natural state to before he got himself hurt. In essence he may had fallen and hurt himself but got up only 5 seconds later perfectly healed.

"Lavi be careful next time please, I don't like the feeling of my bones breaking."

. D O V E . D O V E RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

LAVIGNA LOCKHART

The red-headed woman let out a small noise of surprise when she caught sight of Archibald hoisting himself up from the floor. She realized that she was the reason behind it according to his statement. Her face contorted in guilt, “Yikes! Sorry about that, Archie.” she apologized, “You know having brittle bones is one of the signs of aging! Your age might be catching up to you.” she added as a jest. Of course she truly did feel bad but it doesn’t seem to be a big deal since he seemed perfectly fine now.

To show him her sincerity, the whip-lover gave him a “I’ll double your servings to make up for it.” and a wink before flinging her focus back to her recipe.

A few moments flew by and she was ready to pour the mixture into the heated pan. Suddenly, however, a feminine voice resonated beside her eliciting a short but loud shriek from Lavigna. She turned her head only to see the head of security once again, this time with a bowl of cereal in her hands.

“Ya got me good there, tiger! W-what are you doing here?” she said with a wide and twitching smile, obviously nervous. She must be after her precious whip again! Why didn’t she saw her coming!? “Look. I will have to be completely honest with you. I can’t part ways with my whip. Never.” she dramatically said in a serious tone as if she was spouting the very meaning of life itself.

With that, she poured the mixture into the pan as the pleasant fragrance of buttermilk wafted around the entire kitchen. A few minutes and extra spatula-tricks later, Lavigna faced her few audiences with a plate filled with stack of pancakes releasing a wonderful aroma topped by syrups, whipped creams and strawberries.

“Lady and gentlemen, behold my masterpiece. I call it ‘Special Lavilicious Whippilicious Delicious Pancake-ious’!!!” she stretched her arms to hold the plate high above the air, imitating that one scene from Lion King. She settled it on top of the nearby table and pulled out four plates and forks. “Dig in!”

Uasal Uasal RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Quinlan63 Quinlan63

54596180_p0.jpgAlice looked up when she suddenly heard Magnus voice but was instantly starting to calm when he spoke.

"Alice calm down," "Relax I'm not going to fire you or hate you."

Alice nodded and slowly began to calm down she then blushed slightly. "S-sorry" She sniffled "I panic whenever I make mistakes." She then stood up with her clipboard in hand a dusted herself off. "I-I'm ok now." She smiled at him then realized a student was staring at her. She turned around and smiled and looked completely recovered like nothing happened. You couldn't even tell she had just had a freak meltdown. "Can I help you?"
Quinlan63 Quinlan63
Astrylan Astrylan

Taken aback by the sudden transformation to her mental state, Min continued staring for a few seconds before responding.
"Um, uh yea, I got here a bit late so umm which room is mine?" Min decided to try and just act as if nothing happened, but also wanted to try and not be around if it she started to break down again...
"Clair found me as I got here through a portal, so she brought me here. But I still don't really know what's going on exactly." Min picks up his suitcase as he finishes. Not really sure where to go though, he just kind of stands there.

animegirl20 animegirl20 Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Chipapa
While Chipapa was glad that Ms Smith felt well enough to skip a visit to the Nurse he simply could not risk there being any injury. "I'm afraid I simply must insist we visit the medical office Ms Smith, any chance of injury must be accounted for and Telekinesis can be quite forceful at times." He proceeded to pick up Ravens suitcase and teleported them to the Nurse's Office. Luckily on the first day of school it was only them, accidents, magical or otherwise were more common as the year dragged on. Chipapa lightly tapped the receptionist bell and called out. "Hello? Is anyone here? I've got a student who needs to be examined."
Raven14 Raven14 RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

She nodded, “Fine.” She still didn’t want to go. It felt weird teleporting for the first time, she thought to herself. When they were in front of the nurses office she paced back and forth hoping the nurse would answer.

Timeskip

All the new student and faculty had been assembled in the grand hall for the moment that would change the lives of the new up and coming mages forever. Magnus stepped up to the podium clearing his throat as looked into the faces of each and every single one of them. Long times past he used to have a welcoming speech that was for lack of a better word cute. Back then you could give colorful speeches and have people eating out of the palm of your hand. But as times changed so did his speech.

"Welcome everyone my name is Magnus Youngblood and I am the headmaster here at the Nexus Academy of Magic. And yes if you haven't figured out by now magic is indeed real. Here we teach those in the world who were born with the natural talent and power to use magic. As such from this moment on your life will change forever. For the next 4 years you will be honing your skills with much practice and study and in the end you will thank us for that time spent in the end." He looked back at all the professors all well skilled and knowledge in the art of magic.

"These will be your instructors: Professor Archibald Crestcribe, Professor Lan WangXian, Professor Lavigna Lockheart, Professor Aleli Void, Professor Azura Indukala, Professor Bithiah, and Professor Seiko will all teach you all that you need to know this year. As for any security issues those shall be directed to Clair O'Reilly our head of security. And if any of you are to fall ill or become injured you will see Zain Qalli our on site doctor. We have Mr. Akiyama Shizue hear as well if anyone needs to speak with a guidance counselor. And for when you are looking for anything to read our librarian Chipapa can be called upon for assistance. Lastly you have already met my assistant Alice Evermore, for all those here she has been granted authority second to myself here so her word is to be followed. Anyways with all that out of the way Professor Lockheart if you will please?"

RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Mooniee Mooniee animegirl20 animegirl20 Relias_ Relias_ . D O V E . D O V E Kipsy Kipsy MrThe MrThe JayBird JayBird Uasal Uasal LightSilverGrace2003 LightSilverGrace2003 Astrylan Astrylan Raven14 Raven14

Last edited:

PROF. LAVIGNA LOCKHEART

If there was anything else aside from her whip that Lavigna loved so much that would be grand entrances. Gasps, cheers and applauses poured out from the gathered students when a shapely woman with thick, red hair dropped down to the center of the stage from the grandiose and humungous chandelier. Said woman landed with grace before rising to her feet and facing the crowd with determination glimmering in her brown eyes.

Magic.” she began, “It flows within me and you. It has always been lingering within ourselves from the very moment we were born. Alas! We were prevented from utilizing them due to unfortunate circumstances- which we’ll dwell on further during classes- until we become adults.” she added while pacing around the stage with heavy hand gestures.

“Do not fret, however, for we in Nexus Academy dedicated ourselves to helping new and utterly confused buds to blossom into powerful and responsible mages who can contribute into the improvement and preservation of all things magical. I remember a few years ago when I was the one in your shoes. I felt confused.” she paused to shoot her hand on her forehead for the sake of drama, “Scared. Alone. BUT I was wrong! Within my four years and counting in this very institution I found a friend. Someone who will always be with me no matter what!”

Lavigna stood at the center then closed her eyes as if concentrating. A few moments later and a circular glow appeared on the ground two steps away from her feet. It releases a gush of wind which sent her hair dancing along with it. Lo, a large and majestic beast with fiery mane materialized on the glowing area before the said glow faded and left the roaring lion on its wake.

“Everyone, meet Leon!” Lavigna announced upon opening her eyes, “He is the one I was referring to earlier. My friend, my companion and my familiar.” she gave the lion a pat on top of its head to which it responded with a visible purr.

Familiars. They are the reflection of our inner selves and take on the forms of different beasts. They are supernatural entities which help mages to channel their magic better and therefore strengthen it. They take on a spiritual form yet they are tangible. Meaning, they can float around while remaining susceptible to physical touch-“ on cue, the lion started running around in circles on the air around her, “-however this also means that they can be harmed. This is very important so please listen carefully. A mage and a familiar share an unbreakable bond henceforth if the familiar is harmed then the mage will share the same fate. Communication and comradery will be vital to ensure both your safeties. Luckily, familiars can telepathically communicate with their mages.”

Lavigna paused to breathe and observe the variety of reactions coming from the students. She snapped her fingers to establish silence within the halls. “Needless to say, each and everyone of you has a familiar waiting to be summoned. Notice how you were all arranged and lined up with large spaces in between? Exactly. You will all summon your familiars right here and right now.”

The female urged her lion to come and gently tapped its forehead when it did. Slowly, the beast faded from sight leaving no remnants. Lavigna put both hands on her hips and faced the students, “Summoning your familiars for the first time might prove to be somewhat of a challenge. Once you have successfully called them, however, summoning and unsummoning them would be a piece of cake.”

“Now listen up everyone and follow my lead. Concentration and persistence shall be our key. Close your eyes, clear your minds and look within yourselves.”
Lavigna closed her eyes once more to set up an example, There is no fixed way to summon a familiar. One may find it easier when they chant some words while some would prefer to do it in silence. It doesn’t matter how you do it. What’s important is willpower and trust. Believe in your familiar and put your trust in them. Communicate and create a bond with them. Tell them your intention and then listen for they always have something to say.”

“Lavigna, this is so extra.” came Leon’s voice inside her mind and she could perfectly envision his eyeroll.

“Now, call forth your familiars and open your eyes!” with that, she opened her eyes and found herself face to face with her lion. On the background were the students and some of their varying familiars floating alongside them. Of course there were still some who was struggling but that was to be expected. After all, she was on the same boat with a sour look on her face a few years ago.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Relias_ Relias_ animegirl20 animegirl20 Uasal Uasal JayBird JayBird RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Mooniee Mooniee Kipsy Kipsy Astrylan Astrylan LightSilverGrace2003 LightSilverGrace2003 Raven14 Raven14 MrThe MrThe

☆゚.*・。゚_______________________☆゚.*・。゚
(Student)Kawanagi Ryuusei

Magic, familiar that are the reflection of our inner selves and take on the forms of different beasts. Ryuusei always listen ever so intently whenever there is something that intrigues him, and this is definitely one of those subjects. To be able to summon something at will... something that only himself can hear. Oddly he thought about a small stuffed butterfly within the deepest corner of his memories and chuckled ever so slightly before looking at the Professor doing her speech again. Body tensing slightly upon her mentioning that they were supposed to summon their familiar right here and right now.

She had been modest and clearly mentioning her difficulties but also mention that there is no fixed way to summon them. It... is strange.

Taking a deep breath, Ryuusei closed his eyes, following her command and began to concentrate. The chatters of other students falls deaf in his ears soon after, and in the darkness... a small flickering light could be seen. Is that... a candle light? With a gust of nonexistent wind, the fire blew out and Ryuusei was left in the darkness. All. By. Himself.

He felt hot... as if everything around him is burning. There were cries of unfamiliar voices and children crying. He stood in a midst of a burning house. There is a man clad in white robes protecting a small boy from the fire. Everything else around them were crumbling down
. This wasn't what he was supposed to experience, he.. he was supposed to summon a familiar so what is this memory has to do with anything?!

By force, Ryuusei opened his eyes, the chatters of students returned to him. Looking around, some were already with their familiars. So... does that mean he failed? His heart beating wild in his chest, Ryuusei pressed a hand over it and clutches it doesn't seem like this would be a panic attack... it couldn't be. So Ryuusei just stood there, he failed at summoning his familiar, so what now? Amber eyes sneaking glances at the other students, it wasn't just himself that failed, there are others too. But still...

He has to try once more. What does Prof. Lockheart said again. Tell them your intention and then listen Listen... what is his intention to call forth his familiar? To meet 'them' of course. A friend, forever... Ryuusei looked down at his bamboo flute. "They said there's no fixed way and one have to concentrate." He shrugged, no one would probably guess someone has to play a flute to summon his familiar, but that was something Ryuusei is willing to try and is willing to look like an idiot if his familiar did not come after or during the song.

Bringing the bamboo
Dizi to his lips, Ryuusei began to play, taking notes from a song he often play during his childhood days. A song stuck from an unknown place and people. The tune were almost calming, gentle, as if they were meant to create ripples on a lake, accompanied by falling sakura flowers... Ryuusei, who had his eyes closed upon starting the song, widened his eyes when he saw a black will-o-wisp looking thing right in front of him not far from just a few feet away. A gust of wind explodes outward from it and Ryuusei was almost pushed back as well as the other students that was within it's proximity, they and their familiars were startled. Ryuu's own familiar were trying to resist him?

He could feel they were looking at him, the calm tune he had been playing shifts a few note, playing the Dizi is his specialty, thus such shove did not hindrance him too much and he relaxed his breathing, calm his heart and continued playing.

The black mist hovers before slowly approaching him, hovering just above his shoulder.

"Took you long enough, Young Master Ryuusei." A fluffy tail swipes at his face and Ryuusei ends his song, looking at the black cat on his shoulder as if it was making an offensive comment. The cat had silky black fur, slender, the fur around it's neck looked as though it was a snowy white scarf. It's paws and hind legs had a little bit of white to them, as if the cat was wearing socks. It's eyes however, were red in color. That is not a normal cat's eye color.

Last edited:
As Professor Lockheart gave her speech Raven got nervous. I’m going to have to summon something!? She thought to herself frightened. In front of other people as well! Im going to make a fool of myself! She shook her head. The Professor told them to close there eyes, she did as she was told.

Once her eyes were closed she opened them again, and this time she was in a swampy area. She saw something dark fly by, but it was behind a few trees so she wasn’t quick enough to see it. It happened again, but still to quick to see.

Then Raven heard something else, it wasn’t that loud, until there was a high note. Raven lost focus and opened her eyes again back to the original spot she was. Some students had already had there’s summoned, some had not. She bent down and looked across the room to see someone playing bamboo... She closed her eyes again knowing she would have to focus harder.

As she appeared in the swampy area again. She saw the same thing she did the last time. This time though it came over and landed on her head. Then it jumped down and started to fly in front of her face. She was amazed by it. It was a black raven with sleek soft looking wings. It had dark blue eyes starring into hers. “Hello.” The bird said, More then likely through there minds then out loud, Raven thought.

Min wasn’t really sure about summoning a familiar already. But the words “A friend you can always trust.” kept appearing in his head, louder, and more insistent each time until suddenly he realized he wasn’t at the school anymore. The hell am I in the middle of a grasslands for? Min looked around, and saw a Honey Badger.

Wait, since when have Badgers been Dirty Orange coloured? Getting a reply to his unspoken question was the last thing he expected, but he actually got one, which immediately made him crouch. "Ever since I've been your familiar, probably. Also, why are you so ready to fight me? I'm your friend idiot. Stop baring your teeth at me. Also, the growl is cute, but kinda weird..." At these last comments, Min realized he really WAS Growling, and showing his teeth... what the- He immediately stood upright not even remembering that he had crouched to begin with.. The fuck was I just doing? Min took a second to think about why he had been crouching. And growling. AND baring his teeth. He came up with nothing though, the fact he didn't remember when he started doing it didn't help either. "It's just your survival instincts. Heh, who woulda thought a nervous, shy kid like you would have similar reactions to being cornered as I do." Min just kinda continued staring at the Badger, it was obviously the one talking. Not that knowing this fact made it any less weird. Though the professor did mention we could talk to our familiars...

"So, any idea how we get back then, Ratel? "Ooh a name already, huh? And not a half bad one at that." The Badger stretched and then walked over to Min, hopping onto his shoulder. "We're already back, look around." Min suddenly felt a cool breeze. Looking around, he found that they were, indeed, back at the academy. Alright this just gets weirder every second. Min sighs and looks around at the other students. Obviously while he wasn't the fastest to summon his familiar, he also certainly wasn't the slowest either. Also it seemed his had appeared without the big wind and Wil O' Wisp effect too... Was that normal? He had no clue, so he just waited for whatever the teachers had in store next.

Last edited:
ezgif-1-1b2d3af8bf.pngWell looks like he won't be a problem. I must have got lucky to get him as a roommate. Roxie headed out the door assuming he was right behind her and started making her way down the hall but stopped when two girls were blocking her way. "Hey beat it will ya!" The girls quickly moved out of the way and seemingly pissed about Roxie's attitude though Roxie really could care less. When she reached outside she walked over to the other group of students that came out and waited with them.
Quinlan63 Quinlan63
--------------------------------------------------​
Finally, they had made it to orientation. Roxie sat there and listened as the headmaster of the school, who in Roxie's opinion seemed a bit young to be one, made his speech and yeah Roxie had pretty much guessed this had to be some type of magic school. It was kind of obvious considering the way they got there. Once that was done Miss Lockheart took the stage to teach them how to summon a familiar? Roxie continued to listen and when it was time to summon Roxie smirked. "Tch that doesn't sound hard." Though she wasn't sure she wanted to know what her familiar was. "They are the reflection of our inner selves huh?.... Not sure I want to know....." She looked at the empty space in front of her thinking. "Fine just come out." The moment the words were said an animal formed in front of her and it was a female deer? Roxie wasn't quite sure how to feel about that. "My inner self is a deer?" She stared at it. She had to admit it was pretty cute. Roxie then pulled out her phone and pulled up the internet. "Let's see...Means you are down to earth analytical, energetic, loyal, full of life and a good decision maker.....I am?" She looked at the deer again. The deer hadn't moved an inch it just sat there staring at her silently. She must have been waiting for permission seeing as Roxie's energy didn't seem very welcoming. Roxie suddenly smiled to herself. "Guess I really don't know myself seeing as I'm shocked you're a deer." The deer finally moved closer to her. "It's not so bad is it?" Roxie looked at the deer a bit shock. She must have missed the part about the talking. "I guess not....though I think I would have preferred a lion or something more threating." The deer looked at her offended. "Seriously?!" Roxie smirked and the deer realized she was being teased. "How can you tease me like that!" Roxie started laughing. "Haha uh I guess you need a name.....Serenity. I'll name you Serenity. That alright with you?" The deer seem to like it. "Oh! That's a pretty name. I love it!"

uIHPAYAr.pngAtsuko just looked at her as the girl burst out into laughter. Astuko eye began to twitch.

“Okay, okay, whatever rocks your boat!” “Don’t be in such a hurry to become an adult. It’s a trap, I swear.”

Atsuko puffed her cheeks and turned back around ignoring her. Jeez......that's totally why he dumped me isn't. She thought to herself. You could practically see a dark cloud forming above her head.

“Okay Natsuko, these are big sister’s stuffs. I know you’re a child and children typically likes to play with bright colored stuffs but these are off-limits, mkay?”

"Grrr" Astuko again try to ignore her though it was getting hard."....Wait...Natsuko?"

“By the way, my name’s Yuna Jeon and I’m legitimately eighteen! I’m gonna be a superstar soon so if you want an autograph just say so.”

"I'm also legitimately 18....and you know what I can prove it!" She started rummaging through her things and pulled out a birth certificate. Then ran over to Atsuko. "See! That proves when I was born! I'm 18! And also I'm working to be a great actress, in fact, I've already been in a couple of things thanks to my agent. Heck, I already have fans so if anyone should be signing autographs it's me! Since you know my name is already out there." Though she conveniently left out the fact her career had started to slow down when she started high school. But this Yuna girl didn't need to know that.
. D O V E . D O V E
--------------------------------------------------​
Astuko listened as the headmaster, who looked strangely young gave his speech. She was quite excited to actually to learn magic and the fact that all of this was real was incredible to think about. After he was done Miss Lockheart came to the front and basically began to speak on familiars which they were going to summon now. Atsuko excited to see what her familiar could be closed her eyes and concentrated on summoning it but when she opened them nothing was there. She was so excited she probably wasn't even concentrating enough. So this time she calmed herself closed her eyes and really concentrated. Then when she opened them it was a butterfly. "Whoa so cool!" The butterfly flew around her head excitedly. "Name me!" She said excitedly. "Alright well um...Oh! I know I'll name you Izumi!" The butterfly seemed to like it. "Izumi! Izumi!"

After leaving the dorms and sitting down for the orientation Hector was a bit perplexed when the headmaster came out and was not some old man or women but was a guy who looked like he could of been in his mid twenties. He wasn't trying to reinforce any stereotypes or anything but this did raise some questions on why it was him. Anyway that didn't matter but what did was that it in fact was a school for magic, real magic. Well that would've been crazy if he hadn't seen all he had at this point. Anyway when the headmaster was down Professor Lockheart came out in a spectacular fashion to explain how we could summon our own familiars. This alone did explain why when just arriving they were greeted by a variety of animals that belonged in the wild or at least in a zoo. As for how he could do it himself he was not sure, looking around at the others you would think that it was just random or tailored for the individual at least. Heck when he looked over to where Roxie was she just called her by literally telling it to come. With little idea he just closed his eyes and tried to dig deep inside himself. What he found was weirdly a dark endless void on nothingness that he couldn't escape. Opening his eyes to avoid getting lost he was brought face to face with a wolf with glowing red eyes and a coat of fur as black as night with some kind of smoke coming off it. Before he could run away he heard a female voice in his head, No don't run master I'm not here to hurt you. Hector almost thought it was trick until the wolf's eyes turned to normal and it shook itself dispersing the darkness around it leaving nothing but a beautiful coat of white fur. I've been waiting for you so long master it is a pleasure to finally meet you. "Nice to meet you too," said Hector. "Do you have a name that I can call you?" No master you are to name me as is tradition. "Ok then how about Lyn." Yes that sounds like a wonderful name.

YUNA JEON

Reality was FAR from what Yuna expected her first day of school to go. In fact, she didn’t even expect her new school to be a magical one. She even has to share a room with a feisty and vertically-challenged girl for crying out loud! The memory of her roommate claiming that Yuna was the one who should ask for an autograph made her eyes twitch in irk. She’ll show that Natsuki girl!

When the headmaster’s speech was finally over, a woman who was introduced as Professor Lockheart took the stage and started talking about familiars. The pink-haired teenager listened intently to the professor’s words with excitement shining in her pink orbs.

Summoning familiars?! That sounds totally awesome! She could already picture what hers would look like! Knowing that familiars are reflection of their owners, Yuna expected hers to be pink, pretty and small. Just imagining its appearance made her feel very giddy with anticipation. In fact she already has a name for it: Pinkie!

Yuna followed Prof. Lockheart’s words obediently. She closed her eyes, tried to clear her mind and waited for something to happen. She tried opening her eyes a few minutes later only to see...absolutely no trace of her familiar or whatsoever. However, she did hear that persistence was necessary to achieve such feat. She squeezed her eyes shut and tried again only to witness the same fate as earlier.

Where in the world was her familiar!? She gritted her teeth in frustration right before her ears picked up a soothing melody. She turned her head to the music’s direction and saw a boy playing a flute. A few moments later and a cat materialized in front of him, it appeared to be his familiar.

Maybe she should try a different approach?

“Pipiti papiti BOO! Familiar, I summon thee!” she tried chanting but it was all thrown in vain.

Okay... maybe a ritual dance will do the work. The pink-haired started flapping her arms and hopping around in a circular motion looking like a madwoman. A few minutes later and she dropped to her knees with a defeated look.

Nothing seemed to be working! The others already have their familiars so why can’t she!? Why was she even in a magical school anyways? She wanted to be a world-renowned singer not a magician!

Pinkish eyes widened when an idea suddenly struck her in the head. She rose to her feet with clenched fists. Singing. Whenever she felt troubled, singing her heart out would always make her feel better.

“OKAY! Time to summon the CUTEST familiar the whole world will ever see!” she shouted, bouncing back to her energized self and unnecessarily gathering a lot of attention.

Yuna started to sing, her smooth and melodious voice filling the halls as she closed her eyes. The song was laced with her desire to meet her familiar. It was a call and it was met with a response. A very deep voice started harmonizing with her and a gigantic area a few steps away from the singing girl started glowing. The people who were caught inside of it immediately scrambled to get away. As the singer approached the song’s end, she raised her right hand, opened her eyes and cried out in a dramatic manner.

“The totem of my soul: PINKIE, I summon thee!”

Behold, a HUMUNGOUS blue whale dropped down to the glowing area in front of Yuna, its large mass colliding with the ground sending a gush of wind to its surroundings.

“W-wha...” Yuna, extemely dumbfounded, found herself staring at Pinkie who turned out to be neither pink nor small. The color on her face was completely dried out and she rivaled the look of a gaping fish out of the water.

“Yooooooowww giiiiiiiirrrll, waaaddupppp?”

Needless to say, Yuna let out an ear-piercing scream afterwards.

Clair O'Reilly
Standing atop the room, alongside the remainder of the staff, Clair could be found with her hands crossed behind her head, wobbling to and fro as everything unravelled. The Mage hadn't really any major role in the event but instead was there on the off chance someone's familiar and or magic went out of hand, granted really any teacher in the room could handle such a thing with ease.... it was, unfortunately, Clair's job and the whole reason she had to sit through Lavi's super extra speech. Granted it was one of the better speeches ever given on magic 101 but god damn was it extra as hell! But then again it was Lavi giving the speech, had it not been extra something was terribly wrong.

The following ten minutes was pretty much smooth sailing, there were those who summoned their familiars without an issue, those who struggled but pulled through and of course there were also those who, like Clair, would likely have to spend the next few days training in order to summon their familiar. It was the same every year and really there didn't seem to be any cause for concern... that was until A HUMONGOUS WHALE sent a shockwave of pressurised air flying through the hall! A shockwave that was so sudden and so forceful it almost knocked Clair off balance.

Moving to a stand Clair moved her hands back into her pockets and hopped down from the stage before quickly yet casually making her way towards the whale and her summoner. A miss Yuna Jeon if memory served correctly. Wrapping her left arm around the girl's shoulders Clair let out a low whistle before laughing and patting the whale on the... fin? with her free hand. "Well, Miss Jeon. I have to say this is most definitely the biggest familiar I've ever seen in my life! To summon such a beast on your first day... well done... well done indeed!" Giving the girl a soft yet firm pat on the back Clair moved to examine the familiar from all sides before returning to Yuna's side "Unfortunately, we can't have such a huge familiar wandering around the campus. I'm afraid we may need to alter it's size quite a bit. It's unlikely you'll be able to do so alone and so I'll have a sealing charm made up for you later. For now, however, I'm going to have to ask you unsummon it." Looking up at the whale Clair offered it yet another pat before muttering "sorry big fella". "Alright to unsummon your familiar you must imagine it merging with your very soul. Think of it as a second you and imagine it... um... folding back into you, can you do that?"
. D O V E . D O V E

Misaki Akari Himegami
Misaki heard the speech and frowned. She had to try to summon a familiar. Not like she liked it but she always thought was a bit cursed for her and what happened. She took a deep breath and tapped her right hand pointer finger to her chin, all while assuming a thinking pose.
'Hm....If I try to summon anything, it might be something I wouldn't like anyone to know. But I do have to give it a shot, at least give it a try.'
She though before taking another deep breath and, closing her eyes, began to chant while imagining wisteria vines crawling up her legs before going out to her arms, as she also danced. The wisteria vines grew blooms and blossomed, becoming colors blue black with silver dots and crimson with swirls of orange and yellow.
"I summon you from the beyond the veil, Blathnaid."
Misaki said, until a screaming, wagging tail of a blue black, with silver dots, and along with crimson with orange and yellow swirls fennec fox came into being.
"Hi, I'm Blathnaid, and you gave me my name. Anyway, I currently have a fennec fox form since you've been close to one before you got here. Happy to meet ya, mistress!"
The fennec fox said, telepathically, and Misaki blinked at seeing the fennec fox. She watched the little fennec fox scream her little heart out while wagging her tail.
'Well, that's one way of having a familiar appear.'
She thought as she looked down at her familiar, whose eyes akin to her coat; One eye a blue black with silver dots while the other was crimson with orange and yellow swirls.​

Last edited:
James took in the words of the Headmaster and Professor Lockheart. “Magic huh…” he muttered to himself as he gazed around the room and observed various students summoning their familiars. Outwardly he was as calm as could be but inwardly he was practically bouncing off the walls and crying tears of otaku joy. Growing up this was the sort of thing he always fantasized about but to actually be here was something else. Snapping out of his stupor he smiled to himself. Man I can’t wait to fill Alex in. She’d kill to be here!! Somewhat regaining his internal composure, he began his attempt at summoning.

Keeping in mind what Professor Lockheart had said about everyone’s method being different, James figured he start off with simply closing his eyes. Slowly breathing in and out he calmed himself and tuned out the background noise. With his senses heightened, his attention was brought to the presence of his mana. It was circulating throughout his body like a surge of electricity. The way it swirled, crackled and popped; made James feel as if the mana was excited to have finally been found.

As he plunged further into the recesses of his psyche, allowing the flow of his mana to guide him, he eventually came across a mirror-esque wall. Drifting a little closer James saw that the wall had several huge cracks diverging in every direction. However what was in those cracks appeared to be different worlds. Ones where the sun is black, others where the sky is purple and the grass is white or ones where there were ruins of a lost civilization. Curiosity getting the better of him he raised his hand to touch the glass only to have his entire being frozen in place.

Sorry Boss, I can’t let ya do that. Before James could even respond or pinpoint the voice he was thrust back into his real body. Fighting off the intense wave of nausea, James blinked several times to regain his focus before being met with the sight of a floating cat. It had black fur all around, its left eye emerald green and the right a light purple, a blue cape with intricate golden trim, and what appeared to be an emerald pendant around its neck. Taking a step back, James was at a loss for words. He had actually done it. he didn’t know how exactly it happened but he didn’t care. He had managed to achieve a summon!! Sensing his enthusiasm the floating feline spoke.

Sup’ Boss!! The name’s Khris and it’s a pleasure ta meet ya!!

It is also a pleasure to make your acquaintance Master. My name is Kleo.

The second voice was unexpected. “Wait, where did the second voice come from?” he asked unsure of where to look.

Hmm ya not that bright huh Boss? We’re both right in front of ya.

“Huh?” Taking a closer look at his familiar, it took but a moment before it clicked. “So you both share a body?”

That is correct Master.

A small smile appeared on James’ face. “Magic huh...”

Last edited:

YUNA JEON

The scream lasted for a good while until Yuna felt an arm snaked around her shoulders. She whipped her head to the direction of a certain brown-haired female with a pair of heterochromatic eyes. She couldn’t recognize who she was but she figured out that she must be a part of the faculty.

The woman seemed amused and even let out a laugh along side a good amount of students much to her embarrassment. Heck even the professor on the stage couldn’t stop herself from bursting into laughter. She puffed her cheeks as her face burned red.

“I think I got the wrong familiar!” she complained to the dark-haired woman, “I mean- look at me! I’m pink and cute!” then she gestured at Pinkie, “He’s humungous and blue!”

The whale didn’t even pay any attention to this but it did start wagging its large tail when Clair circled it for examination. After receiving the woman’s suggestion to unsummon it along with an apology, the Blue Whale noticeably curled its lips’ corners upwards into an understanding smile.

Yuna, on the other hand, nodded her head. For the first time in her life she itched to get off the spotlight! To think she was proclaiming about how she was gonna summon the cutest familiar! THE SHAME!

“Wait...I’m gonna imagine that thing fold into me!?” she exclaimed as a drop of sweat rolled down her forehead.

She stared at her familiar who only stared back with a lazy smile. Yuna let out a long sigh before she closed her eyes and did as she was told. A minute passed...then two...then three...four....Yuna grew impatient and opened her eyes.

“Ugh, the freaking giant won’t return to me!”

Uasal Uasal

Last edited:
Clair O'Reilly
Clair watched carefully as Yuna attempted to reconverge with her familiar and after a total of five minutes had passed without Yuna producing her desired result the reason behind the problem became quite clear. The girl felt too far separated from the familiar to have it reconverge naturally. As she said herself she was 'pink and cute' while her familiar was 'humungous and blue'. Tsk tsk tsk what a problem indeed. Oh well, it wasn't like the student was at fault or anyone for that matter! This was a very rare summon indeed.

With everyone almost finished their task and with the Yuna starting to lose her temper Clair couldn't afford to waste any more time. It was obvious the student was getting nowhere with the unsummoning technique and would continue to only do harm if her temper was left unchecked. And so with a sigh, Clair took the student by the wrist and dragged her a decent distance away from the whale before releasing her from the grip. It was unfortunate but sometimes Clair actually had to do something in her new line of 'peaceful' work. Moving in front of Yuna Clair's aura changed to something much more heavy and cold. Her posture became tense and her eyes became void of any emotion. It was as though the carefree woman from just seconds ago had vanished and in her place stood an oddly terrifying woman void of any emotion.

Moving her left hand from her side to an outright position Clair's magic power began to surge and as it did the room's temperature also began to spike. As her hair turned from dark hazel to a brilliant silver the woman let out a quiet remark in a monotonous voice "I apologise but you're going to be feeling quite hot for a few seconds. But don't worry you're at no risk". At with that Black flames accented with those of light blue began to swirl around the whale's circumference heating the area around it to an unbearable degree of heat. "Hellflame, Purgatory series: Beelzebub's cradle". And with that, the swirling flames joined together in a flash to create a cylindrical cage around the massive mammal and just as it had begun once Clair had spoken again the whale and flames had vanished. The room returned to its original temperature and Clair's hair and self had returned to their previous state. "The burning sensation will simmer down in a few seconds don't worry. Your familiar is safe as well. It's just going to be wandering purgatory for a while until I can get that charm sorted out for you.". Having given the student yet another pat on the back Clair moved to return back to the stage giving Lavi just a simple comment as she brushed past her "Wrap things up and move on to whatever's next asap. The poor child's embarrassed don't have her suffer".

And with that Clair successfully returned to her place beside the remainder of the staff.
. D O V E . D O V E

Just with the ends also covered in bars

Light frowned slightly, not really believing anything this women said. Her stomach was already in nots and she felt really stupid. The girl doubted herself on this way to much, not only that she was scared of all of this. Light shook her head and closed her eyes. She cleared her mind of all things, well tried to at least. One thing popped into her mind, her brother. It was always the same thing all the time, just his warm smile. It was all she could latch on to and remember about him. Suddenly, Light felt something brush up against her cheek. She opened her eyes and saw a pure white cat rubbing her cheek softly. Laughing softly, Light reached up and gently pets her familiar. Wiping away tears that had fallen while at it. "Thank you little one," Light mumbles softly. "I'll name you Peace, since its fits." 'Peace' mews softly rubs Light's face again, causing the once sad girl to laugh and feel at peace right there.

Lixue Abari Thorn
Lixue could only gawk and point as she stepped outside her room to breath some fresh African air but she none of the dusty air of her home, just clean fresh air without the dust of the Sahara desert blowing in. She blinked once, twice, rubbed her eyes to ensure she wasn't suddenly bewitched to see something like an illusion, before taking a deep breath and began walking. The clothes on her back was all she wore, but she didn't need much. She wasn't materialistic nor was she one for gaudy clothes. She wore simple clothes given to her by others, or scraps of clothe that she threw together to be a shaman. The air felt more alive than at home, liken to a person with shortened breath. And she could feel spirits dancing along side her with joy, and she smiled at them, conversing with them as she walked the path to the castle ahead.

Timeskip
Lixue tilted her head to the left in confusion of what the woman was saying. She was massively out of her comfort zone and it showed but she refused to let it show. Seeing others and what they were doing, she got what others were doing and looked at her right and left hands. Taking her right hand, she bit deeply into her thumb and began to smear blood in a circle. With her left, she did the same but wrote the language of what she was taught by the ancestors. Once she was done, an imaginary wind began to pick up her hair while she called out in her native tongue.
"Come to my call, Asha, be my Akoma, my Ananse Ntontan, my Nkonsonkonson, my Dwennimmen, my Fihankra, my Kwatakye Atiko, and my Owuo Atwedee."
She said, before a cry of a familiar owl came to her ears.
Asha, Akoma, Ananse Ntontan, Nkonsonkonson, Dwennimmen, Fihankra, Kwatakye Atiko, and Owuo Atwedee. All in one, We live to guide.

(to Clean up any confusion. What she says after Asha, is her meaning words. Meaning of those words:
Akoma=Heart/Patience and Tolerance, Ananse Ntontan= Spider's web/Wisdom/Creativity, Nkonsonkonson=Chain Links/Unity, Dwennimmen=Ram's horns/Humility and Strength, Fihankra=House/compound/Security/Safety, Kwatakye Atiko=Hairstyle of a war hero/Bravery/Valor, Owuo Atwedee=Ladder of Death/Morality, and Asha=Life. Asha is the owl)

Last edited:
54596180_p0.jpgAfter the Whale incident Alice agreeing with Clair they should move on went up to the mic. "Alright, everyone seeing as this is the first day we have a surprise for everyone! We are having a festival! This is a chance to have fun and connect and meet all of your classmates. Do make sure to have fun, everyone! Oh and by the way the school does have uniforms which, once you get back to your rooms should already be there. They are mandatory so don't even try coming to class without wearing them. You won't be let in. Alright go on and have fun!

Alice woke up bright and early as always. She didn't even need an alarm clock. It was like she had one built in. She was up and dressed right before 7:00 am. She then made herself a cup of coffee and relaxed for a bit as she drank it and also had a small breakfast. When she was done she grabbed some of her things and headed off to the Headmaster's office. When she got there she headed on in. "Morning Magnus have breakfast yet?" She said ash walked in.
Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Users who are viewing this thread

Back