• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Beleth

Hello! I've been seeing all of these really cool RP ideas and figured I wanted to give this a go myself.
It would be slightly different than what is typically seen (I think, I haven't read every single thread) and ask for a few mental notes:
The Boring Technical Stuff:
1. This will not be entirely controlled by me. I can get something started but I would like to develop a world and plot with one another.

2. Obviously god-modding and one-shots (the majority of the time- open to discussion) wouldn't be allowed and violating any of RPN's rules is absolutely off the table. If this works, I'll be open to posting in Discord or something.

3. I ask for engaging characters as well as writing style. I understand everyone has their own style of writing and I absolutely welcome it. When I say 'engaging' I mean having a backstory (or plan to) while being able to interact with the world around them. Writers and characters that allow for the suspension of disbelief and aren't afraid of plot-twists and turns.

On the other hand .....
4. In addition to RP based OCS, if you have a character from another fandom, they are more than welcomed!

5. I'm open to any and all ideas to progress the roleplay. For me this isn't just a roleplay where someone dictates what's happening, it's a similar concept to what others I have seen do and start with a blank canvas and start painting. I personally see that as one of the best ways to get a roleplay going.

In my past experience, I was in a roleplay group where they were discussing the death of a good king and someone else (not an officer or admin, just a player that was playing) noted that they heard rumors of an evil advisor plotting to fill the shoes of the deceased king. There was no mention of this beforehand in the lore but it became apart of it. That is something I heavily would encourage in this forum.

Last but not least:
6. Have fun! I look forward to any ideas proposed in-character. Since this is something I'm literally just taking and going, feel free to just begin writing for now and we can worry about official CS's later.

The starting premise of this roleplay revolves around the discovery of a new planet. Its resemblance to Earth is almost eerie, which drew the masses of humans to this location. There is much to discover about this planet in terms of species, culture, and history.

=================================================================================

Nature is a cruel mistress.

She whistles and hums, grass caressing the ankles of man as they trod through her terrain.

She smiles.

Trees overhead protecting the soft heads of visitors from the acid rain that threateningly coagulate just beneath the leaves' surface. Unfamiliar squabbles and croaks stretch across the light of the day. The presence of the two suns and moon create for the uncertainty of what time of day it is, leaving humans to either squabble their way through this newfound planet or to adapt by starting from a point of reference and run the risk of having to begin from scratch - again.

Much to any species' dismay, humans are far too into their own minds to even consider the possibilities that they are being cared for, much less by who. Instead, some explorers - those who unimaginatively call themselves Reconnoiters - took it upon themselves to begin a murmur session, making unprogressive comments about the 'kind' that lived within the terrain.

Still, there was one thing that kept them going: Nuiterra. A highly civilized society that puts any form experienced by humans to shame. The technology was abundant, species cohabitated with one another, the job market was superb and people rarely lived any less than kings and queens. It was almost perfect. Too perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back