• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Hopefully Mary is ok, to be honest longest thing was trying to think of a good name like always....and still debating it

Mary is a cute name :closedeyessmile: I wouldn't think too hard about names unless you really hated it. They just kinda stick after a while.

Whew a bit worn out but lucky several characters to look at that might help me figure out what Idea to go for (given the character's personality would change based on the concept anyways). Not a bad thing I having to wait to throw things together. Can figure out what spot I'm going for hopefully for sure soon after a nice skim and brainstorming session.

Whew a bit worn out but lucky several characters to look at that might help me figure out what Idea to go for (given the character's personality would change based on the concept anyways). Not a bad thing I having to wait to throw things together. Can figure out what spot I'm going for hopefully for sure soon after a nice skim and brainstorming session.

Thus far a hunter/sniper lookout, a shipwright, Starfish (Fishman) Navigator, A half-mermaid priest/chronicler, A merman (no role as of yet) - lookit all the fishes lol^^ (assuming everyone gets accepted of course)

Doctor is an important role that hasn't been claimed yet...though with roles like musician on Luffy's crew (which is mostly for entertainment) I doubt the job on the ship matters all the much =P Scarlet, from what I remember, seems the type to like a clothes designer on her ship 😏 Or a bartender to take care of the rum if the cook doesn't do it~ I'd tailor the job to the type of character you wish to create/what they are good at...cause if there's nothing they can do they can always be regular crewmember/deck swabber/cabin girl/rigger etc.

Wow, people are sure pumpin' out these character sheets fast. I'm still here second guessing what type of character I wanna do.

Nerissa is an old character I just revamped a bit for the rp.
Personally I'm very big on doing a new character per roleplay, but that's no big deal because I usually find myself pretty inspired. Right now I'm tryin' to nail down what character idea I want to go forward with. I originally thought I wanted to do the helmsman, but I'm also thinkin' bout going for a doctor again or possibly doing another character idea I have and just figuring out the role after.

Thus far a hunter/sniper lookout, a shipwright, Starfish (Fishman) Navigator, A half-mermaid priest/chronicler, A merman (no role as of yet) - lookit all the fishes lol^^ (assuming everyone gets accepted of course)

Doctor is an important role that hasn't been claimed yet...though with roles like musician on Luffy's crew (which is mostly for entertainment) I doubt the job on the ship matters all the much =P Scarlet, from what I remember, seems the type to like a clothes designer on her ship 😏 Or a bartender to take care of the rum if the cook doesn't do it~ I'd tailor the job to the type of character you wish to create/what they are good at...cause if there's nothing they can do they can always be regular crewmember/deck swabber/cabin girl/rigger etc.
Very true. I mean I think I might lean my archealogist/scholar idea more to doctor thinking on it more if I go that route just to have that important spot filled. Not that it matters (as you say) I mean not having a doctor is a good excuse to have a side stop to find one later too. XD I'll still tinker and decide on that I mean both can work and then depending on which while the base idea at least for 1 goal is the same how it gets their and the other goals will change up a good bit probably.

I am half thinking of bringing back Alicia just because her idea was funny to me just would repackage her as a Janitor and all given her whole maid motif it worked anyways and just with her DF and how she was it was always fun all the wacky Hijinks that could ensue from the fact she is basically a super big soft spoken softy with giant strength and weight in a small human sized body. :P

Then another half of me having my non DF version (back in the other RP where you pitched a DF and non-DF idea with the sheet) which she is like... the complete opposite of that version and is just as swashbuckler as it comes being a daredevil who likes the drink and get in fights and just pretty much laugh at the idea of laws and step over the line for the hell of it. Granted at that point she is clearly just for a crew position she would just end up being a fighter who can poorly handle the odd jobs.

Personally I'm very big on doing a new character per roleplay, but that's no big deal because I usually find myself pretty inspired. Right now I'm tryin' to nail down what character idea I want to go forward with. I originally thought I wanted to do the helmsman, but I'm also thinkin' bout going for a doctor again or possibly doing another character idea I have and just figuring out the role after.

I personally find it amusing to have a character take on a role because it's needed, but not be especially good at it, and is forced to learn the ropes as they go along. Like a cook that only knows how to make sandwiches or something and the crew is forced to eat only that for a while 😂

Very true. I mean I think I might lean my archealogist/scholar idea more to doctor thinking on it more if I go that route just to have that important spot filled. Not that it matters (as you say) I mean not having a doctor is a good excuse to have a side stop to find one later too. XD I'll still tinker and decide on that I mean both can work and then depending on which while the base idea at least for 1 goal is the same how it gets their and the other goals will change up a good bit probably.

I am half thinking of bringing back Alicia just because her idea was funny to me just would repackage her as a Janitor and all given her whole maid motif it worked anyways and just with her DF and how she was it was always fun all the wacky Hijinks that could ensue from the fact she is basically a super big soft spoken softy with giant strength and weight in a small human sized body. :P

Then another half of me having my non DF version (back in the other RP where you pitched a DF and non-DF idea with the sheet) which she is like... the complete opposite of that version and is just as swashbuckler as it comes being a daredevil who likes the drink and get in fights and just pretty much laugh at the idea of laws and step over the line for the hell of it. Granted at that point she is clearly just for a crew position she would just end up being a fighter who can poorly handle the odd jobs.

All good ideas. But of course, I think anything you make will be good Hana Duck :closedeyessmile:

I personally find it amusing to have a character take on a role because it's needed, but not be especially good at it, and is forced to learn the ropes as they go along. Like a cook that only knows how to make sandwiches or something and the crew is forced to eat only that for a while 😂
I've had a habit of giving my characters a secondary skill they have outside of the main one that they can do with aptitude if not filled by another crew member, haha.

For example: My helmsman is also a tinkerer, so he can mess around with simple mechanics and possibly help out with fixing the ship, but he'd be pretty bad at doing anything more than beginner work.

Personally I'm very big on doing a new character per roleplay, but that's no big deal because I usually find myself pretty inspired.
I'm the exact same! Although I say that, I was actually initially pondering on bringing back a dwarf character from an old roleplay that died off too quickly.
I was actually thinking of this too! If no one fills the Chef role, I would most likely try and volunteer Cher for it. There'd probably be a lot of seafood involved... but if anything goes wrong, he's good at baking! So everyone can wash down some potentially unpalatable dishes with a slice of strawberry cheesecake or something 😂

Or a character who claims they can do a certain role in the crew... and has absolutely 0 idea how to actually do it. :)

Let an alcoholic take on the role of quartermaster. XD

There'd probably be a lot of seafood involved... but if anything goes wrong, he's good at baking! So everyone can wash down some potentially unpalatable dishes with a slice of strawberry cheesecake or something 😂

Trying to make Nerissa suffer I see. She'll take the cheese cake though :closedeyessmile:

Hello friends! I am glad to see everyone getting acquainted! I am going to be creating a more official OOC before the end of today but after I sleep (I am almost done with my night shift). Then I am going to finish up Scarlet's CS. And then I will start reviewing characters.

I would be happy to make a doctor character if that isn't solidly taken yet
That role has not been claimed yet so if you'd like to claim it, you would have a week to submit the character. That being said, just because it isn't claimed doesn't mean someone isn't working on one. I'll be working on reviewing things tonight and tomorrow and I am hoping to get the rp actually started on Tuesday or Wednesday this week.

I'm interested! Are there any positions left open? I'm interested in making a combatant, but your interest check really caught my eye so I'll go for anything that works haha.

Depends if everyone is accepted, but there are also roles outside the main ones on the ship. Tailor, Barber, Cannoneer/Powder Monkey, Swordsman, Boatswain, Swabbie etc.

I'm interested! Are there any positions left open? I'm interested in making a combatant, but your interest check really caught my eye so I'll go for anything that works haha.
We do not have a swordsman yet. Scarlet would be delighted to have a tailor. We don't have a cabin boy/girl. I would accept a storyteller. I had one of those in a previous rp and they were a really awesome character.

The rp does look like its going to have a lot of people though and with bigger groups, I do work really hard to enforce the posting requirements so no one is stuck waiting on anyone else. Just throwing that out there. These kinds of rps do tend to lose a few people fairly early on.

RP's in general do, or the GM goes AWOL. Thought at same time there have been games i needed to drop from due to not being able to keep up/interact due to going to sleep and waking up to several pages of posts due to speed of posting.

We do not have a swordsman yet. Scarlet would be delighted to have a tailor. We don't have a cabin boy/girl. I would accept a storyteller. I had one of those in a previous rp and they were a really awesome character.

The rp does look like its going to have a lot of people though and with bigger groups, I do work really hard to enforce the posting requirements so no one is stuck waiting on anyone else. Just throwing that out there. These kinds of rps do tend to lose a few people fairly early on.
I'll think be going for a Tailor! It seems like a fun role that I haven't thought about before, so it'll be more interesting to do for me than just a Swordsman (plus, who can compare to the GOAT that is Zoro?) On another note, I totally understand the need for a posting order until things really settle in and we get rolling with dedicated players. I'll be starting on a CS once I get back from work.

I'm admittedly not super familiar with One Piece but I always thought the world building was super cool and unique, so if you'll have me I'd love to join in on this. Of course, if it's too late to jump on, I get that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back