• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
One Piece: New Pirate Era
Luffy-One-Piece-Background.jpg

Come Aboard!
Over 200 years has passed since the time of the Straw Hat Pirates. They never found the One Piece. No one did. It’s existence faded into myths and legends over the years that followed and the great pirate era came to an end without any fanfare or chaos about it in the slightest. No one grieved its passing because the world became more peaceful for a time. However, among the marines, there were those who wanted a return to the times of old, who wanted pirates to pursue because to them, it was part of their identity. A branch of the marines broke off into an organization whose name is not known, but who work in the shadows and within whispered breaths to bring back a world that allows for men seeking power to pursue it through the marines, through the world government and through piracy. The marines themselves are aware of an insurrection growing, but even they can’t identify what’s being planned.

Then Mirestone happened. An undercover marine planted the seeds for the world to hear rumors that a map had been located detailing the location of the long forgotten but legendary One Piece, and the rumors took with much enthusiasm. Every living, breathing pirate made their way to the island in an attempt to get their hands on it and in the process, they got themselves sucked into the biggest Buster Call the West Blue had ever seen. Many pirate lives were lost that day. However, the unprovoked extreme action taken by the marines - although it was sparked by a smaller collection within the marines - triggered a New Pirate Era. Pirates rallied around those that died as martyrs and took up arms once again, seeking to find power wherever they can to defeat the menace that seeks their extinction.

In the aftermath of Mirestone emerges Captain Scarlet Johannah Indigrid. She was one of the few survivors after the Buster Call that pirates collectively refer to as the Mirestone Massacre. There never was a map. It was a set-up from the start. However, Scarlet Johannah Indigrid has her own plan for getting back at the organization that dared plot her demise. She’s going to find that legendary treasure that they dared to taunt her with, and she knows that as the Pirate Queen, she’ll be able to amass an army that no one can defeat. Only then will the world be safe for the pursuit of freedom in the best ways known to man - by sailing the seas and scavenging the remains of the destruction only a world government could cause.

But first, she needs a crew. After washing up on the shore of Lil’ Amyth, a small island in the West Blue that was ravaged by a tsunami resulting from a bomb in Mirestone, she starts to seek out those who might aid her. Everyone’s got a reason to hate the marines nowadays so that shouldn’t be hard. Then they’ll need a ship. It’s only after that that the real adventure begins.

Care to join the Red Ribbon Pirates?
A Bit ‘o Background
Hello Friends! I’m Lady Warlock. I’ve been GMing fandom based RPs here on and off for at least five years and most of them have had at least moderate success. This roleplay, like all of my other projects, will be AU in nature. Rather than erasing canon for this one, we’re just in the future. There might be some improved technology at some points, but I don’t think that’ll come into play too much. Although canon characters did exist, you cannot play the descendant of any canon character. All character submissions should be completely original. This will be a detailed rp with each post expected to be one five sentence paragraph at a bare minimum. Everyone will be expected to post weekly.

I tend to like going a route of collaborative storytelling and although I do have plans for overarching story arcs, I do also like to include story arcs meant for character development and these tend to work best when I collaborate with various players along the way so my inbox is always open for story arcs you’d like to play through for the sake of developing your character further.

Lastly, everyone always asks about devil fruits. I grant devil fruits to highly detailed characters that do not function without said devil fruit. There is no set writing limit that I look for; rather, I’m seeking originality and something quirky that feels like it belongs in the One Piece world. Individuals are welcome to PM me about devil fruit ideas and I can give tentative yes’s or no’s but I will not give final answers until I see the finished character sheet. Yes, this does mean you might put a lot of effort into a character just to find out that they don’t work. If you aren’t willing to take that risk, then I recommend just making a character without a devil fruit. Haki is not allowed in the beginning. The Six Powers are allowed, but your backstory needs to explain how your character learned whichever ones they have, and it should make sense. The Six Powers are marine based so some connection to the marines - and not an uncle of an uncle of an uncle - will be required.

This thread is open for people to ask more questions or start claiming roles on the ship. I will - obviously - be playing the Captain and you cannot claim the role of “First Mate.” Scarlet will appoint her own First Mate. If you claim a role and then do not make a character within one week of character creation opening (it’ll probably open before the end of 08/20/21 CST), the role will open back up for someone else to claim.

I can’t wait to hear from you guys!
~ Lady Warlock

Looks great! Sounds amazing and interesting! I'm already gettin' excited! Count me in for round two! Bahaha!

Don't worry, for I am here!

Though not sure what i would do character wise if I would take an old character and workshop them a bit or go for a new character concept completely. Something I suppose I'll figure out eventually. :)

I'm playin' with a couple ideas myself, I have a character in mind but I don't think they fit the devil fruit ideas I have, and I kinda wanna use a devil fruit this time 'round. I'll have to think 'bout it.

Mind if i go on in and claim the sniper/lookout role then eh? Also, this looks very well written, congrats.

Most OP games i join end up dying, however im up for giving one a shot again.

If you're doing Red Ribbons again, I'm tempted to bring back Nerissa...but I've lost her CS so I might go with a character that I never got to play, like Ralph...hmmm....

anime-thinking-gif.gif

I'm really interested! I love the idea.

Personally, I'd love to claim the role of the cook. Looking forward to the CS!

Having just caught back up in the series my hype for the setting and all its intricacies has been re-invigorated.
I'm definitely interested.
Have a shipwright character building in my brain.

Given the DF part, I feel it will be safer to forgo one entirely rather than make up a character around one and find it rejected/wasting the work. The current concept is a Martial Arts type character though proffession-wise im open. So far Cook, Shipwright and Sniper/Lookout has been mentioned so i think ill go for Navigator unless someone else really wants that.

Wow! This went boom overnight! xD

I'm excited!

I am working on the character skeleton page right now so that people can start working on characters. Should be up within the hour unless I get distracted.

Please ask all questions here until we have an OOC! Character applications should be posted on the Pirate Production Page.

Of course this gets sent right after i ask on the other one.
It actually says in the list of expectations on the top of the Pirate Production Page as well that all questions should be asked either here or in the OOC. I'm just reinforcing it and also answering your question.

It actually says in the list of expectations on the top of the Pirate Production Page as well that all questions should be asked either here or in the OOC. I'm just reinforcing it and also answering your question.
Oh, my bad, i think i overlooked that rule as an aesthetic line before the form.

Oh many spots already called for role wise. Guess that gets rid of two of my old characters anyways to make it easier for me to go with a new idea or perhaps a concept I haven't used yet. :P

I think I'll lean towards the Archeologist Role, or maybe a doctor if someone else prefers that spot. The idea leaning to my character, the apprentice, being separated from her Master (and really parental figure as well) at some point before the Mirestone incident and trying to get back into contact with them believing they couldn't have died during it and they have to be out there somewhere.

Though to be fair Maybe another idea comes to mind that I like as well though hopefully by tonight when I get more free time I can tinker around a bit more and be certain what I want to roll with as a character concept. Just as of now its where I am leaning towards and both spots could technically work with the concept I have right now.

After some deliberation, I'm gonna go for the helmsman role! I think the character I have in mind would be the best for it.

Took me a sec to find OOC again, too used to having links betwen related threads at the top on RPN.

Decided to go with Nerissa...and assumed the events of the Hallows arc never happened. Instead, she went on her own little adventure after Mirestone.

Hopefully Mary is ok, to be honest longest thing was trying to think of a good name like always....and still debating it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back