• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic NCQuest: Mecha flavored action, OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I actually had to look up the meaning of what you said, lol. To me it just seems like common sense at this point. In the field I don't think he'll be outsmarting anyone soon.

Malphaestus Malphaestus
Viper Actual Viper Actual
SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III
Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff
YsFanatic YsFanatic
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Howdy folks! Just another sort of notification: TD told me they'd like to be skipped this go around, so that's what we'll be doing (ergo, technically anonymouse's turn). Further on that note, we're running out of things to do in EP:0 besides some in-character NC finalization. I'm sure we're all wanting to actually GET THIS PARTY STARTED and get to the good, juicy parts where we can actually do whatever we want and cause some trouble.

Anybody who's still doing NC finalization stuff in-character, tell me if you'd rather just skip it or actually go through it IC. Not much else to say and everyone has figured out what they'd like OOC, so that's why I'm giving the option. Either choice, I'll be making a summary post and an intermission post after that connecting to and introducing us to 'Episode 1'.

Also, before we start Episode 1 I'm notifying ya'll of the opportunity to think up supporting characters. Nobody took the option yet, but just letting you know it's still available. Any non-pilots who are an important part of your dudes' lives (lovers, family, best friend, whatever), go ahead and submit them to me if you got any ideas. Probably not the last chance, but the next one won't be for awhile.

Seems like I don't have any objections to the 'Let's get on with it!' idea so far. Anonymouse and I cooked up a post (99% anonymouse lmao) so I'll wait for that to be posted. As soon as that's done, I'll start preparing a summary and the intermission towards EP1.

Last edited:
I have finally posted my collab with Windsock Windsock . Sorry for the delay; I edited most of it this morning, did the last of it at work on my lunch break... and then the internet went down, so I had to wait five hours until I got home to post it. Not cool.

Anyway, that was fun, but I hope that's the last of the giant collabs. I'm looking forward to more small interactions in Episode 1. So, after the time skip, hit me up if anyone's interested.

Very nice, AnonyMouse AnonyMouse . Looking forward to episode 1 indeed and expanding on my own character, making him into what he's supposed to be over time.

Malphaestus Malphaestus
YsFanatic YsFanatic
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Well I wrote that quicker than I imagined I would smh

Anyway, we'll take a bit of a break here; this is just the intermission explaining how we get to EP1. I'll be writing an actual introductory post later, I'm planning Friday or Saturday for that weekend juice.

Sadly, there's some required homework before Ep1 starts:

Any additional characters you want, at least give me an idea before I start up Ep1 in full.
If you'd like a particular Handler character, notify me.
Any ideas on what sort of place you'd like, talk with me about it. Basic idea though is fancy gated apartments in the suburbia of the city itself, secure barracks near/in the mentioned MAVERICK bases, that sort of thing. Any other ideas, talk with me.
Any requests for starter missions, you know the deal. (tell me)
Any interactions or narratives you'd like to do, hit me up fam. A little bit of civilian-side interaction between characters before we start, requesting neat communiques to receive, that sort of thing.

Generally just think about what you'd like to be doing! I'll see about starting up the little sub-plots I've been getting, watch out for those.

I love the variety of NC configurations we have going on. Makes the mecha nerd in me very happy.

Whom'st'd've would win:

High-performance, awful handling/stability prince boi
Sneaky-beaky elite agent sniper radiowoman
artillery bombsuit bomber kun
thicc ground-pounder muscle dude
smol flyboi with sword and sticky goo
big guns and big fast but easily ouched engineer

Place your bets! Next time on NCQ!

But, that does remind me about 'PVP' scenarios. I'm still not precisely sure how I should handle that, but to be frank it probably isn't going to happen for a while so we got time. I'm thinking mediated collabs is the most prudent option but I'm still thinking.

Oh, writing some in-universe mail for everybody I can think of a good reason to; anybody wants to read it before the official start of EP1, tell me and I'll send it to ye. Currently writing some for Hazel, Streuben, Adam, and Camille. If you're not in that list and you'd like to get some, shoot that shit at me.

"Artilery Bombsuit Bomber Kun" Ah, I was needing a name for Hazel's NC!
Hmm, I thought Ordinance was going to be her NC name.

Speaking of which, Windsock Windsock , do our characters' existing nicknames/aliases (Emperor, Chimera, Ordinance, Kamikaze, etc) have any bearing on the naming of their NC, or can that get overridden by our superiors?

Random First-Rate Linker: "So, now that you're officially one of us, what do you want to be called?"

Fifth-Rate Rookie: "Well, back home, folks used to call me Ace McBadass. Or just 'Mr. Badass' for short."

Random First-Rate "Hmm.... nice.... well, we're gonna call you Turkey McNugget. Welcome to MAVERICK, Mr. McNugget!"

Fifth-Rate: -_-

Good thing you brought that up actually. Do we get to name them and design their heraldry on our own?

Ofcourse you get to name your NC and make up any heraldry you want smh

Consider that ep1 homework too now.

And yeah, NC name isn't 1 to 1 with nickname at all.

It might be pertinent to have access to our bank balance, and our expenses. Not necessarily for small expenses, but for NC purposes.

While collating the new ep introduction, thinking about the expected length of the episode and some details ya'll will need, and need to think about.

Malphaestus Malphaestus
YsFanatic YsFanatic
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Revealed a little bit of this privately to a few of you, but publicly;

Actually living on the base you're assigned to (one of 3) is an option but not necessary; relatedly, I'd like to divulge the overall options here and which ones you're all interested in. I was originally considering that everyone would pick the one they want, for simplicity's sake (I have enough of a hard time figuring out the timeline as it is) consider this a public vote on the hangar. No matter what everyone can still normally live where they want. The hangar is your workplace; but live wherever.

Without too much information, the NC hangar/bases are as follows;

0: All of the hangars are part of a semi-private rail network, as negotiated between MAVERICK and the Republic of New-Maryland. All MAVERICK approved housing and NC hangars have a related station at least nearby, more usually on-site. The trains are primarily remotely controlled by the regional HQ office and can carry NC's between each hangar. The majority of the rails and stations are underground, but connect to the surface using elevator gantries for un/loading mechs and supplies.

0.5: Each hangar has on-site personnel (read: NPC mauve shirts) for maintaining the base itself and the NC's stored there; they're attached to each base, but MAVERICK can be appealed to let a specific crew be attached to a specific NC instead, for a minor fee and 'fair reason'.

1: To the east of the city itself, on the Atlantic coast, an old Pre-Disaster naval base was rebuilt as an NC hangar. The coastal fort anchors a floating platform lazily drifting nearby as additional storage space. A dockyard and small airstrip provides long-range transport for NC's for remote contracts.

2: A military base to the southwest, close to one of the few extant Post-Disaster highways connecting New Baltimore and her extended territories to the rest of the country. The base has a small airstrip and special permission for heavy NC transport trucks for getting its member NC's close to where they need to go for long-range operations.

3: An isolated base to the north in a forest's clearing; with a full-size military runway as its sole connection to the outside world, besides the same private train station as the rest. The full-size runway offers access to the largest, speediest aerial transports to get NC's around the globe with speed.

And the selection for personal housings:

1: The obvious and cheapest would be just to live at the base; MAVERICK maintains one or two tiny private barracks on each base. Probably the quickest and most practical for operating, but living in a small military barracks is suffering, just like real life! At least you don't have to share it, but you still have to pay the cheap rent.

2: MAVERICK and a Ruling Company (General Requisitions) co-own a small, suburban gated community at the outskirts of the city itself. An alarmingly cutesy, pleasant suburbia with a small general store for daily necessities in-house and adorable little two-bedroom houses where vicious hardened mercenaries get to live alongside corporate citizen-employees. Much nicer living, but mild rent.

3: A towering, opulent ten-story apartment/hotel highrise in the city itself; an exhorbitant rent pays for the highest standards of Post-Disaster, surfaceborn indulgences. Owned and operated entirely by a separate Ruling Company (Denver-Vegas Industrial), a huge variety of high-level contacts live, party, and rest here. Capped by a world-renowned luxury dining establishment. Good contacts opportunities, but that rent tho.

A few other things! I know I threw a huge, specific number out there with '600 million dollars of debt' but don't worry too much about specific moneys just yet, I promise I'm not that anal about things. On the other hand, I agree wholeheartedly with Malph's suggestion and will double-down on it by opening up another thread for keeping track of current happenings and datas in the site's 'lore' or 'other' section.

Also, expected length for this episode, I estimate.. 'end of month', so 2 or 3 weeks. I know I said the same thing for ep0 but I definitely wasn't expecting this tempo. We went past 2 'loops', and I figure 4-ish loops should be expected for this one. The episode will have two distinct parts; meeting your assigned Handlers and just generally figuring things out in your new lives, picking a contract to go on, then a very minor timeskip (day at most) to actually launching out the contract and actually getting to the good starting fightan stuffs.

About Handlers: here's the current list of known requested pairings and some defaults I presumed; any objections, notify me.

Streuben/Malthus (request)
Hazel/Malthus Sarah (presumed Edit: requested)
Adam/Sarah (request)
Niko/Oswald (default)
Jennifer/Custom (custom handler requested)
Camille/Custom (custom handler requested)

Definitely up for further negotiation; just tell me what's up and I'll accomodate you as much as able. I'm probably not going to allow any more custom handlers, but other secondary characters are still available if you want any.

Furthermore, working out characters needed for sub-plots that have been mentioned to me in private; please watch the GM character space and expect a new post in the thread by me for more specificity (and my own ease).

Finally, a synopsis of New Baltimore in general will be provided shortly.

Last edited:
I vote for 3, simply due to its transportation capabilities.

Also, Malthus is based on me. Fun fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back