• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic NCQuest: Mecha flavored action, OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Alright! That's Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff and my collab, edited and posted for your perusal! Looks pretty good to me. Also figured out a neat trick; forgot that since I was the GM I could edit other people's posts myself. I can just collate and edit any collab, then imprint it onto a placeholder post. Pretty neat trick.

Alright! That's it for queue #1. We've gone from me, Malphaestus Malphaestus , Viper Actual Viper Actual , SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III Pacificus Pacificus YsFanatic YsFanatic Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff , and now we're back again at me. So, next post is Malph once more and he'd like to collaborate with Skyhawk and myself on it. A fantastic first round, and if my calculations are correct we should go through one or two more (presuming a similar enough pace) before "EPISODE 0" ends.

Still, be aware I was definitely not expecting this sort of speed. We can easily be going too fast here.

Besides that, I've just gone through 2 collaborative posts done by way of PM and then collating and editing them, and I gotta say.

It is CASH. I think the two resulting posts, posted today, should be proof enough. For me at least, something about that methodology is really fun and makes for a post/narrative/immersion that's just so high quality. Not to mention it lets multiple people do things at once, in the same post. I think that 'actions/post' density really improves the pacing of the story and makes it easier to understand the actual 'timeline'.

I'm gonna be looking for any excuse possible to use it.

I can manage slower speeds if that is the wants of everyone else. I find the roleplay fun enough to be both hasty and patient regarding it.

Malphaestus Malphaestus and I were having a discussion about the 'queue', and after some confusion I figured I'd elucidate everyone on my thoughts on my current view of the 'rules' and add some more.

So, basic queue rule is that we loop through the order of character submission approval. Everyone does a post in an order like so;

Windsock
Malphaestus
Viper Actual Viper Actual
SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III
Pacificus Pacificus
YsFanatic YsFanatic
Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff
Windsock
(loop)

With the first addendum being that I could post at least a basic reactionary post if I necessitated it after anyone else posts. Like a response to an important question, or somebody gets shot in the head. (I'm also open for requests to temporarily receive this forbidden power).

The second addendum is that people can also ask to be skipped over (or 'abstain') for whatever reason, and I may skip somebody in the queue if they're banished to the shadow realm and are never heard from again. Or just for a month, whatever.

With my newfound love of collaborative posting, I'd like to add this addendum: "Collaborative posts can, but not necessarily need to be, counted as both player's queue slot(s), if desired".

So let's say Savoi and Viper make a collaborative post. For simplicity's sake this would let Viper and Savoi's characters be doing stuffs at the same time 'more naturally', and then Savoi can choose to abstain after Skyhawk posts, or make another post himself. In short, it can be counted as 'both players turn' or just one of their turns.

I really like collaborative posts and this somewhat incentivizes them; I like them because they offer a cleaner, more immersive read (when edited properly) and more actions-to-a-post density, which improves overall pacing.

I'm posting explicit rules about this because I think it'll keep everyone up to date on what I consider to be my policies, improving the quality of the RP. Not to mention, I'm considering the future (since it looks like we'll actually get to it at this pace) may have 'PVP' bits, and any conflict between players needs explicit mediation.

I'll collate all this information and put it in a post elsewhere sometime, probably a lore page or something.

Thanks for bothering to read my rant, happy RPing.

Last edited:
Back to actual RP news: people are starting to get their NC's so I'll be making an actual list of NC sheets. Currently used starter NC's are 3, 5, (7) and 9 . The remaining slots are 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8. If you have any tweaks you want done to any remaining number (to facilitate usage for your character), please don't hesitate to message me about it!

Last edited:
Calling dibs on 7. Will try to get a post out during shift, possible. If not then expect one later today.

Calling dibs on 7. Will try to get a post out during shift, possible. If not then expect one later today.
Just be aware of the queue rules I posted; Malph wanted to do a post alongside Skyhawk, and they both just logged off for the night. I'll let you use my forbidden queue switch powers if you'd like.

Scheisse. Just finished reading the post. Probably you. I feel like it'll be the more efficient way to go about selecting and adding detail to the selected NC.
Understood and accepted; won't be able to use James Andala though, IC he's going to be stuck in with a collab post I'm doing with malph and skyhawk later. Nonetheless, I mentioned that there are other people around for a reason! Guess Axton is going to have to meet the deputy director.

Our collab is soon done, so everyone is aware. I had some internet issues, so there were delays.

Alright, that completely destroyed my brain, and it didn't help I've been out of it in the first place lately. I don't think I'm sick yet but I admit I've been feeling under the weather. But, that's just an excuse on my part! I'd like to thank everyone for participating with me in two separate collaborations this go around; which I decided to just make one super-huge post in this case, because I'm absolutely insane and hate my life.

Still, I'd love to say it was real fun working on those even if it's obvious I was the weakest link there; we're almost done with the NC decision bits and can then focus on starting character interactions and in-character discussing about the future, talk about NC stuff, whatever you guys can think of. For posterity, I'll notify everybody what I told somebody who asked in private;

Basically, EP:1 will be 'low-level combat', ya'll won't be thrown to the wolves with the first 'episode'. You'll be introduced to the contracting world I'm putting you all in, but for all intents and purposes MAVERICK is just giving you pre-planned final testing missions, and basic stuff you really won't be able to fail. Just excuses to get out there and get used to your NC's, nothing that'll seriously hurt your dudes. This'll be further opportunity to develop little team identities on your own and just get a feel for the fighty-shooty aspects in general. If you don't feel fighty-shooty, this will also be a good opportunity to get more character development by meeting with your assigned 'Handlers' and whatnot.

Oh, and everyone will be basing in NC hangars in the same general area, so there's excuses to let everyone meet up IC to plan things, discuss contracts, talk shit, get in fights, exchange MySpaces, whatever.

Forgot to mention everybody to read AnonyMouse AnonyMouse 's introductory post. Edited in; it's at the bottom of the UBER-HUEGE collab.

Malphaestus Malphaestus
Viper Actual Viper Actual
SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III
Pacificus Pacificus
YsFanatic YsFanatic
Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff

Speaking of super huge collaborations! Half my fault for doing so much in one post, but for the future, I request everyone to have a better idea of what's going on and try to estimate how many paragraphs it'll take. And don't try what I did and do 3 things in one post (Hazel's NC, Streuben/Hazel interaction, Azata introduction), that was an obvious mistake in hindsight. The cool part of a collab is higher-speed, more 'modular' action for direct interactions, like talking or fighting or what-have-you. Not making a small novella, like I apparently thought was a good idea. smh.

Anyway, speaking of the queue and any confusion; SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III was the 'main event' of the latest collab, so we can consider that to have been 'his turn', meaning that Pacificus Pacificus would be next. He's currently MIA though, so we'll be 'skipping' him for now and let YsFanatic YsFanatic post next. I refuse to consider dropping anybody so soon, so this is just a simple 'skip'.

Notifying everyone; Pacificus Pacificus has to drop from the RP due to real life, so I 'archived' his character. I'm leaving open the possibility for him to return. Everything is still within expected ranges, so please continue.

Anyway, as I said earlier it's YsFanatic YsFanatic 's turn up to bat.

If anyone wants to do a collaborative post, let me know. I had talked to someone about that earlier but we never settled on what to do. Otherwise I'll get out a solo post later today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back