• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Nan Gau Fort] Virtus Chronica – Act I: Gula ⚝一番でっかいの豚

Au-Gh'Ulyqkh
_open__iron_dragon___monster_girl_adopt__ota__by_sokine_dg3409c-375w-2x.jpg

Titles: Beast, Mundane
Point Booster: Attentive Student F

Character Sheet

With the audible shriek of the beast filling the air and causing Au-Gh to hold her ears in distress at the sound, it was good to hear that it was clearly a very effective attack although it also meant that she now couldn't hear good at all. Others would surely keep up the efforts even if its cries of pain were deafening to hear, of which Au-Gh would have to wait a moment longer in order to send another dose of burning agony its way. If there was an obvious key part that was visible to let it make such bellows then it would have been the first place she wanted to aim for in specific, but just had to hope for the moment that while her magic readied for another shot that others could do enough to keep combatting it as well as continued burning.

She still kept her ears open however for anyone who tried to call out something they noticed or commanded just in case it gave a good idea on to keep forward just as she had given the idea or to change strategy. She didn't know if she would get an answer, but she tried to call to the Commander whom had asked her for an idea to begin with.

"We are continuing with more burning, yes!? If you cannot hear or respond, I will fire again when I see an opportunity!".

 Actions
1. Expending action to counteract inability to hear,
2. Just in case so that she can react since what else am I gonna do with this action
3. You know what fay this is your action this one is specifically for you to acknowledge that you have took the time to read this and that is appreciated

E cooldown: 1/1​

Time: 8:45
Weather: Cold and Windy, Snowfall
Location: The Beast's Republic (Kuridan), Nan'Gau Fort, Nan'Gau Northern Courtyard

• Universal Goals:
    • Ensure the Safety and Protection of Nan'Gau
    • Survive.
    • ???
    Character Goals:
    • Become wealthy, renowned and respected.
    • Achieve greater power.
    • Rank Up in the [Adventurer's Guild]
    • Possibly scope out a place to live; to belong.
    • Get used to his wolf body.
    • Sniff out any lore or secrets of this world that may lead him home.
    • Overcome his fear of shedding blood.
    • Garner greater strength.
    • Get out of Nan'Gau
    • Collect the First of Seven.
    Language Keys:

Please remember to use the following when your character is speaking a language. For your characters to understand what other characters are saying they must possess the [Language] skill according to the following language.
    • "Common"
    • ["Terran"]
    • <"Beastial">
    Please keep in mind: I will be partially using the [Advanced Combat Rules], meaning that although the rules will be in place, intuitive uses of narrative WILL help your effectiveness, so I encourage smartly using abilities and skills. ^^ You may use any amount of abilities/skills out of combat as within the limits of cooldowns. Cooldowns apply whether or not out of combat. You may use skills on their own outside abilities.

download (12) - Copy.jpg
Battle Between Virtue and Sin
Everything suddenly became so quick, pushing by like panting breaths. Griffin's attempt to hide went without a hitch, that ringing pain which brought those with superior hearing to the knees would subtly subside to a point where they could at least walk and pull themselves to run.

The burning heat was more than unpleasant for Hideki as he crunched unto the wailing pig. The white maiden, Dulcifer, was beginning to falter, cracks resonating in the air as her chains would slowly snap. Luckily, the two wouldn't have to struggle for too much longer.

The men arrived, Garoujin, the commander and the few men who came with them, carrying bows and arrows with pouches on the tips. The commander shouted "What are you waiting for, Fire!" his men raised their bows and fired the arrows at the beast, planting in its side. Au-gh'Ulyqkh's first ember into the beast's maw was just enough. The white maiden and the black wolf would be able to feel the heat building up inside the monster, threatening to melt through.

The arrows would speed up the process, everything would be over when the fire burns through. However, this meant Hideki and that supposed angel would be caught in it. They didn't have time to save either, this was a cruel plot of the stars.

Hideki may never be able to return home and claim that life he so aspired and cherished. The angel may never be able to profess his feelings as himself to that person. And that pastel creature... Well, it cannot burn nor would the witch's heart which has been crystalised in its grief.

A burning hot sensation would force its way unto the black wolf's gums. The angel's chain began to break, her heel slid off her foot as her desperate grip on her cracking chain weakened. The pastel creature, that thing that could not feel anything but exuberant ecstasy, frowned. It was... you are lucky you can't see it.

.​

Violets in Tartan
I would say this was the end, yet the weaving fates and the thousand stars weren't ones for cruel destinies, they enjoyed happy endings. With one step and a fluttering cloak, a masked person grabbed the maiden, slung her over his shoulder and caught her falling heel with his parasol's hook. The thing that could not frown smiled again and beat its wings. Flames began to melt through the beast's skin as it broke the chain. With the second step, the masked one picked up Hideki in one arm as though the wolf were a light pillow.

Then he jumped off; black cloak billowing as he smirked, it was the type of smile you saw on playboys and people who wore sunglasses indoors; one you wouldn't mind hurling a punch into. He raised his velvet parasol into the air as it twirled open like a flower bursting into blossom, lace fell around the hem in shapes that resembled horses on a carousel. As though in a drama or opera, blue petals scattered out of the parasol, dancing in the air as the dark figure descended slowly like a feather, despite the laws of gravity still in place.

Behind them, the pig would burst into incandescent flames of blue, letting out a shrill yell which grew louder and louder and then softer and softer. Until it was silent, save but for the crackling noises of the blue flames as its body slowly burned into a dark black-red mess. It was putrid.

At this point, Griffin would feel less and less affected by [Gluttonous Cravings]. To those [Deafened], despite the persisting high-pitched ringing, one's hearing would have been somewhat cleared.

The masked man, who had landed gently upon the ground, would set down Hideki and then the angel, who would stumble a bit. "Well, seems like you two are outta the shredder!" He'd say, closing his parasol as the petals fell to the snow-covered ground. Despite the elegance of dancing petals, it left a mess for someone else to clean.

The angel had gotten the gist of what had just occurred, and stomped her shoeless foot, "Oi, you—" She stopped herself, covering her mouth as the man levelled himself with Hideki. The man gently scratched the wolf's neck with both his hands, "Jeez aren't you just adorable! How could they let such a cute thing do such dangerous work? Shame on these folks." He'd praise Hideki, as though he were some sort of puppy. The maiden stared, in visible annoyance. The pastel creature beside her snickered, hiding its smile beneath tiny paws.

COMBAT END

The end of a Battle
Blue flames burned putrid flesh into a pool of black and red, filling the air with a disgusting gas. Falling snow melted around the crackling flames. Garoujin huffed and puffed and lifted his head, "Is everyone... Okay?!" He yelled with gasping breaths. He'd been running all around today and seemed rather exhausted. The commander stared at the burning blue remains of the Dekkai No Buta. His eyes shifted to the newcomer and sighed, he turned to his men. "Fetch some pails of water and snuff out the fire before it spreads to anything else!" He'd assert, and despite their inherent exhaustion, they did as told.

The battle was over and the adversary had been defeated. No one was stupid enough to try and befriend the thing or find some peaceful resolution to this whole conundrum, which was for the best. Despite the almost neon light of blue flames burning still, something more bright and deeply orange shined within all that flame. It was unpleasant, and the more you looked at it the more peckish you felt, then hungry and then starved.

🦁GRIFFIN🦅
INTERACTIONS:

LOCATION: Faynorae Faynorae Moonberry Moonberry Femboy Femboy Scarletti Scarletti

As the effects of [Gluttionous Cravings] slowly ceased, Griffin focused on his mind and memories for once, a desperation to cling onto himself. As the moments flickered past, the hunger subsided, the task he found so difficult to do prior became easier as it did so. Without the starving pains, it had become easier to focus on what memories he did have of his past life. His yellow eyes closed and continued to resist the clouds of hunger that had clouded his mind prior, clouds that faded as the pig died. As Griffin focused on the memories of a life-long past, some came to the forefront of his mind easily...

A girl with wavy black hair was in her room, a considerably small room as she read a book that, based on the title, centered itself around knowledge of Greek mythology, though memories of what was in the book were unclear. Her light blue eyes stayed focused on the words that littered its pages. In her right hand she held a hairpin, her elbow sat on the table while her fingers twirled the piece of metal. The hairpin was shaped like a griffin. While the girl used her left hand to turn its pages, a female voice called.

"Aurora! Dinner's ready!"

The raven-haired girl stood up, placing the hair pin in her hair before going downstairs. What exactly the food was. The memory of it was a blurred detail. Similarly, with the topic of conversation that followed. What was remembered was how Aurora and that family laughed and goofed around when they played some card games afterward....

Griffin would've been stuck in these memories hadn't it not been for the call.

"Fetch some pails of water and snuff out the fire before it spreads to anything else!"

Griffin stood up. It was time to go back and help, using [Fast [E] ] to cover ground quicker. He joined in on gathering pails and attempting to help with the fire. He didn't pay any mind to anyone else--he didn't trust himself to do that at the moment.

---
    Actions:
    Action 1: use [Fast E] to get around quicker
    Action 2: help with the fire

---

Skills used:
    Fast [E] [feature-lion feat]

Ralph wouldn’t have been able to hear, but he could still see. He watched helplessly as the flaming arrows soared through the sky, pelting the giant pig. His eyes widened as he realized that some of his allies would have been caught in the barrage of arrows. “Damn it, our allies are still on top of the monster!” He cursed loudly. Was there nothing he could do to save them? If only he was stronger... Much stronger, such that they didn't have to rely to such means in the first place!

At the very least, their attacks seemed to have been effective, as the beast was finally taken down by the flames. And just when all hope was lost, a mysterious figure swooped in, rescuing the dog and the strange magical lady from the scene. As if the magical girl was not enough, just where were all these strange folk coming from?! He scratched his head. Thankfully, things were looking much brighter on their end now.

Of course, he couldn’t forget his savior of today. Making his way to Au-Gh, he’d make a slight bow before her. “Thank you for earlier. If it weren’t for your help, I would have become a mere snack by now. And uhm… I was pretty late to join the party and didn’t quite catch your name earlier. May I perhaps have the name of my savior?”

Hideki

He'd been seeing Ayumi's face, seeing his challenged childhood on earth. All passing through his mind in the fleeting seconds of the immolation of the swine. Then with a slight yelp, it all faded. And he found himself drifting down in the arms of a masked man. The confusion of the sudden change in his survival was put aside fairly quickly. When they reached the ground and his paws touched the cool frosted ground, he shook his fur out in appreciation. His tongue instinctively coming out as relief took over his entire body. He felt like he was about to melt from all the tension that just released. And when the masked man began to sink his hands into Hidekis fur, (And they would literally disappear into the fur,) The wolf offered absolutely no fight. In fact he leaned into the pettings. This flowery man just saved his sorry hide. Heck if he just wanted to pet him, he'd roll over and play the good boy role. The wolf couldn't help but sniff curiously at the masked man, his blue eyes sliding over to the angel just as curiously. He could barely make out that the others seemed to be alright as well, thankfully. The thought of seeing one of them dead wasn't something he wanted to consider at the moment. He wasn't ready for death. And he needed to find a way to stay the heck away from fighting. Or at least find someone strong for protection. Hidekis blue eyes swiveled back to the masked man at that. A few thoughts beginning to form in his scheming mind.

DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Scarletti Scarletti Femboy Femboy Faynorae Faynorae

Au-Gh'Ulyqkh

Character Sheet
Faynorae Faynorae Moonberry Moonberry Scarletti Scarletti DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

With the battle reaching its conclusion, Au-Gh was genuinely surprised by their victory even if it costed the lives of poor souls. Luckily, the masked man who had suddenly made an appearance at the end to save to of their comrades in arms prevented some estra bloodshed although she was beginning to have the same thoughts as the person who would end up approaching to thank her for her assistance. Looking to Ralph as he had asked for her name, it was a little surprising to hear someone appreciate her contributions for once, and was a positive she enjoyed.

"Ah, yes. You can call me Au-Gh'Ulyqkh, it was surely no trouble. That could have been any one of us meeting an unfortunate fate, condolences to those who did not make it too" Au-Gh answered as she looked in the direction of the masked man and the magical girl. Then, even at the wolf who had come along on this dangerous fight.
"I'm beginning to question the absurdity this to the kinds of heroes that this town feels like it's attracted. Perhaps the weird kid in the princess dress was right about this place being cursed or something, especially if there's things like that around" Au-Gh ruminated as she looked at the burning mess, her eyes glancing at the orange glisten within. It didn't seem normal, maybe it was some weird reaction with the flames and something else that was a part of the monster with all its weird eyes and unnatural being. Although it aroused her curiosity when she could feel the feeling of hunger just from looking at it. That most certainly wasn't normal.

"Does that weird orange thing make you feel peckish when you look at it or is it just me?".​

Time: 8:50
Location: The Beast's Republic (Kuridan), Nan'Gau Fort, Nan'Gau Northern Courtyard

• Universal Goals:
    • Survive.
    • ???
    Character Goals:
    • Become wealthy, renowned and respected.
    • Achieve greater power.
    • Rank Up in the [Adventurer's Guild]
    • Possibly scope out a place to live; to belong.
    • Get used to his wolf body.
    • Garner greater strength.
    • Get out of Nan'Gau
    Language Keys:

Please remember to use the following when your character is speaking a language. For your characters to understand what other characters are saying they must possess the [Language] skill according to the following language.
    • "Common"
    • ["Terran"]
    • <"Beastial">
    Please keep in mind: I will be partially using the [Advanced Combat Rules], meaning that although the rules will be in place, intuitive uses of narrative WILL help your effectiveness, so I encourage smartly using abilities and skills. ^^ You may use any amount of abilities/skills out of combat as within the limits of cooldowns. Cooldowns apply whether or not out of combat. You may use skills on their own outside abilities.

download (12) - Copy.jpg
The End of a Battle
"Wow now, ain't you a good boy full of fluff!" The man said with a pleased smile as his hands sunk into the wolf's fur, Hideki would be unsurprised to smell how floral the gentleman was. Well, the fragrance of flowers was quite different from what one would expect, this scent was spicy—like cardamom and cinnamon soaking in rose water; the distinct smell of a flower called Sweet William.St_Faris.png Although, it was unlikely that Hideki knew that much. Being so close, Hideki would notice the vibrant and vivid array of variously coloured flowers lining the insides of his tartan cloak.

The gentleman continued to scratch around the wolf's neck, making his way up to the back of his ears before finally ending by petting the black wolf on his head. "My, how I wish I could stay here and pet you forever, but—" He stood up, "I must be on my way!" He'd exclaim vaguely with a smile. "For what reason?" The white maiden asked as the masked one looked to her, "Oh! Yes, right..." He crouched down by the maiden, "Here you are, Miss Cinderella~" Said he, lifting the maiden's foot and sliding on the sparkling pink heel and tying the ribbon into a neat bow.

"Cinderella?!" "Oh?" He leaned closer to the maiden's face whose furrowed brows showed her displeasure, "Have we met before?" "...Huh?" "Your eyes are as red as two cut strawberries, your alabaster skin and that mole beneath your lips are much alike the my true love..." Angels aren't capable of blushing and they certainly weren't built with the ability to shiver, but this one certainly did. Her expression showed both scorn and bashfulness. The man smirked and pulled back, "Ah, but my true love would never wear such a ridiculous get-up," "R- RIDICULOUS?!"DULCIFER_BITTER.png "Indeed my lady swan; surely, you've seen this weather~? You must be freezing Miss Cinderella." Her wings beat, as she stood up quickly.

The pastel creature beside her snickered, almost to the point of outright laughing out loud. It was so verily amused with the audacity of this man, "Who 'ya callin' a swan?! Listen here, you—" The angel coughed, smiling suddenly as she gestured toward the masked man, "I mean, my apologies, I do not believe I caught your name, good mortal sir?" The man smirked, stepping closer as he pulled out a green carnation from his cloak "Saint Faris, pleasure to meet you Miss Cinderella," He then placed the flower into the maiden's hand.

Dulcifer was stunned, he was not expecting a flower to come out of the man's cloak, and not only that... He found this kind of thing way too cool in the first place! Well, this guy was already pretty cool to Dulcifer with the cloak and all—except the inherent flirting, which he'd found gross-out—but flowers being pulla outta cloaks? That was way too cool! And yet, of all flowers, it had to be this kind of flower in this kind of colour, he was very fond of carnations. These thoughts running through the maiden's mind showed as a blank expression on her face.

Rextalen.png"Ahem," The commander stepped up with his furrowed expression, he gazed at the masked newcomer with untrusting eyes. The angel had come and saved the town a fair few times now, but the man was not only a new face but also seemed to appear for the sole purpose of saving Hideki and Dulcifer from burning into ashes. "You do have my gratitude, St Faris, for protecting the lives of two individuals and preventing further casualties, however; am I to assume you are in association with the adventurer's guild or...?"

He who called himself a saint, smirked as he walked up and stepped a little too close to the commander. The commander was only a tad taller than the masked man, he'd be taken aback at how the stranger would so casually begin to fiddle with the green brooch keeping together his jacket whilst keeping his eyes locked with his. "P- pardon—" It looked almost familiar to an outsider's view, like a teasing wife making loose her husband's tie. "To say I'm part of a guild wouldn't be a lie and we do indeed have many adventures in our own right, but I am not in any affiliation with the adventurer's guild..." Explained he with a step back as the utterly astonished commander wouldn't notice that his brooch had been swapped for a bright black-eyed susan.

SALBOROS.png
Yearning And Longing
"Fufufu... It burns, the deep hollow never to be filled~ Ufufufu, little angel~ Collect and gather! Garner and obtain! Ufufufu~ Collect! Collect! The feather... The feather! " The pastel creature sputtered and snickered, laughing in between each word which was so much the same. The maidenly figure looked to the flames of blue... And she felt something unlike the others would. For she was connected to it, the feeling she felt was more like that rupturing emotion of meeting the one whose red string of fate connects to yours; a one thousand-pound weight, an accelerating heartrate, quickening breaths... The angel wanted nothing more but to have within her hands that orange shine.

Aya B Grade.png
Following Griffin would be Aya as they went to fetch the pails, "Hey..." She greeted the constructed hybrid, "Are you okay? You didn't seem to be doing too well earlier..." The kitsune asked as they sprinted. It wouldn't be long before they came to the well, some of the men carried in a good few empty buckets which Aya and Griffin would presumably fill up with the well's water. It was a surprise to find that the water hadn't been frozen with the cold weather. "I don't know what happened exactly, but..." Aya carried two pails of water by their handles, "I do hope you are fine now and if you aren't, I could ask the commander if we could get you checked by a medic. You did well fighting and protecting the place just like everyone else, so you shouldn't push yourself too hard." She'd say, as they'd all make their way back to the scene of the flames.

Soon, they were splashing buckets upon buckets of icy water onto the blue fires. It became less and less, and was only a few buckets away from becoming nought but the black and red goop of what was once the tremendously large swine.

Sin Subdued by Sublime Virtue
That, and the floating feather more gleaming than the first-ever sunset of this realm, of the one to come this day, and the final sunset before the eternal darkness. More orange than the first orange tree to open its hand and to let fall the firstborn fruit upon the earth. Although, it was not a feather which shined as warm as the sunsets or was as sweet and sour as the first-ever fruit of the orange trees. It was rather wrong. The light was being eaten by it, creating a black halo around the feather which glowed everlastingly dark.

Its lustrous glow was alluring to all who gazed upon it. It was almost as though you'd want to eat it. You mustn't approach though, you still knew better. In the blink of an eye, however, someone already was by it, that presumed angel. Her gloved hand seemed to be absorbed into the black as she reached out to touch it. It shined an orange shine which then became pure white like that of the sun peering through clouds. That feeling to eat, that feeling to consume was replaced by rather the feeling to... eat as much as you'd need instead of indulging in everything no matter how full your stomach feels. That orange feather became white and that pastel thing laughed. It laughed and laughed and laughed like it was having the time of its life, ecstasy filled it as its ruby-hued eye glinted orange for a moment.

🦁GRIFFIN🦅
INTERACTIONS:

LOCATION: Faynorae Faynorae Moonberry Moonberry Femboy Femboy Scarletti Scarletti

Griffin felt relief as it seemed the searing hunger had disappeared. It must've been caused by that thing, he guessed, granted he felt it should've been obvious. He folded his wings in as he helped Aya pour water on the morning pig. A horrible stink emanated from it, seemed to be a mixture of things. However, he decided if monsters like this were attracted to Nan'gau like this..or if it was simply a normal occurrence, he didn't think he should live there. After all, he began to feel like he couldn't help himself, as if it was some sort of instinct to fight off danger...even though he didn't feel like a hero, no he wasn't a hero, that was never his intent. It just felt like some sort of instinct. He replied to Aya.

"I'm okay, now at least for the time being. That thing did something..."

He was thinking about how to describe it.

"Made me hungry? It made me feel starved to the point it even seemed appetizing. Actually everything did, so it's a good thing to have worn off now."

He did his best to explain. And left it at that, after he felt like he was done putting out the fire on the undead pig demon monster thing. Au-gh seemed to be doing alright and talking to Ralph to boot. So, considering those two were alright, he decided to check on the wolf. The best way he could do, anyway, there was no way to interact with him properly. Griffin knew that. He couldn't speak wolf, and the wolf couldn't speak, common or any other language for the matter. However, he made the assumption there was more to the wolf then he thought when first entering the tavern. It helped save a town for crying out loud!

He walked up to the wolf and petted it on the head. He handed his other hand out saying.

"I don't really know how to communicate with you, so uh shake my hand if you are feeling okay?"

---
    Actions:
    Action 1: finish helping put out the fire
    Action 2: talk to Aya
    Action 3: talk to Hideki

Last edited:
Au-Gh'Ulyqkh

Character Sheet
Faynorae Faynorae

Au-Gh glanced among the individuals present seeing that things were likely going to be okay since the very stand-out individuals whom made themselves to be flashy and very adoring of attention as it felt like. Unsure why or where any of them came from, it would've been easier if they actually showed up much earlier wondering if they were just waiting around for others to do the work before they arrived to tax their glory, or perhaps they were just waken up from their sleep when the beast screamed for its life that they realised there was trouble to attend to. It was fine as long as the biggest difficulty of all was now dealt with, of which was probably a good sign that she should perhaps move on from this town before she was subject to more of this 'Curse' it apparently had. If things like this creature were a regular around these parts, Au-Gh questioned why the entire populace wouldn't have up and left the place already since it didn't seem worth the danger they were put in.

"Well, I hope that atleast all of this can be cleaned up. Would not want to be left with that responsibility... " Au-Gh mumbled as she looked to the corpse fire that had been assisted in extinguishing, unsure if they were gonna actually be able to do something about it or just had to wait for time to get rid of it for them. The smell that it was emitting prior would at least probably clear itself up much faster anyway, but Au-Gh just silently hoped that it wouldn't be a reason some other problem was attracted to the location.

"Soo, what's gonna be done now? Is something like this gonna happen again anytime soon, that can't be healthy if that's a thing you casually have to experience" Au-Gh asked to the Commander, and/or any of the others who stayed in residence around said parts.​

Kobayashi Hideki

Mentions DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Faynorae Faynorae Scarletti Scarletti Femboy Femboy

Hideki shook himself down when the floral masked man shifted his attention. He watched as the two heroes bantered and-if he didn't know any better- flirted with each other. Romantic tension is confusing sometimes though. The angel seemed a little more annoyed than anything. When Griffin stepped up to him and patted him down he was slightly taken a back. He'd relaxed a little too much and hadn't been aware of his surroundings. The wolf tilted his head to the side, one ear cocking upwards while the other drooped down.

There wasn't much hesitation when the young man put his hand out. The wolf placed a paw in his palm, simulating the best handshake he could. 'Yeah yeah kid, just don't get used to the head scratches. I'm not a pet.' He thought to himself, though despite his thoughts his body language seemed to appreciate the attention. His tail swept from side to side. After a moment though the wolfs blue eyes followed the angel, who moved to grasp the orange feather. The angel getting near the thing was enough to set his hackles on the rise. But when the little pastel creature with ruby eyes began to laugh and laugh; Hideki found himself automatically assuming a crouched position beside Griffin. Growing lowly as he stared the thing down. There really was something just -off- about that thing.

Time: 9:00

• Universal Goals:
    • Survive.
    • ???
    Character Goals:
    • Become wealthy, renowned and respected. (?)
    • Achieve greater power.
    • Rank Up in the [Adventurer's Guild] (WoG – Wait on Grade)
    • Possibly scope out a place to live; to belong. [Failed] – nothing suitable here.
    • Get used to his wolf body.(?)
    • Garner greater strength.(?)
    • Get out of Nan'Gau
    Language Keys:

• "Common"
    • ["Terran"]
    • <"Beastial">

download (12) - Copy.jpg
Aya B Grade.png"I see," Aya replied to Griffin's explanation, as she looked over to the pallid angel who had made white the orange feather, seemingly "purifying" it. Aya's expression furrowed into worry, "I think I have a theory as to why and what truly made you feel that way..." She sighed, "But, I hope I'm wrong; I am glad you're okay, Griffin." Said the kitsune.

Drowning out the sound of the unsettling laughter of the pastel thing, was a boisterously loud and much more obnoxious. DULCIFER_SWEET.png"ohohoHOHOHOHOHOHOH!" The type of annoying laugh you'd characteristic of an obnoxious, arrogant and egotistic woman from an anime, yet here it came from an angel. "Once more, again and again the beautiful maiden descent from the heavens reigns triumphant!" She boasted loudly, turning around to face everyone with a twirl. She hid it enough for only people with [Insight] to notice, but she almost tripped with that turn due to her ridiculously impractical heels.

Pretty Girl's Intimidation Technique
"Yes, yes! Never be afraid mortals of this realm, for your most handsome heroine shall descend whenever you need her; love and justice always reigns triumphant when enacted by your guardian angel," She'd pose, lifting her arm over her eyes and making a peace sign as she tapped her staff to the floor. "Be not ever afraid, your ever eminent Seraph of Sweetness, Dulcifer is always here to protect you!" She claimed with another round of obnoxious laughter.

Unlike Garoujin, whose tail twitched and seemed rather touched, the commander shook his head and put a palm to his face. Aya stared with a blank expression of someone who had seen this grandeur multiple times before. The masked man brought a hand over his lips and glanced to the side as he seemed to laugh silently. Although the maiden did help with her candy chains, it was more a group effort and Au-gh's fire and stratagem would pull them through.

The commander sighed, Rextalen.png"It seems we have been quite stricken by misfortune recently; although, that is why we have the militia and the favour of the Yamimoto clan." He'd look up at the sky, "Perhaps we'd best have a shrine built in honour of the gods." The commander mused. He turned to the rest of the group, "Everyone! Please evacuate the premises immediately—these fumes are not harmless!" He'd yell, "You lot—" He'd refer to the adventurers and the two interlopers and the wolf, "please meet with me in my office." He'd say glaring at the masked man who was sneaking a familiar jewel into his cloak.

St_Faris.png
Blue Rose in the Mirror...
"I will have to decline!" He said, pulling his cloak over himself as fragrant blue petals scattered on the floor. He twirled into the coat and when you looked again he wasn't there were the petals were scattered beautifully upon the white snow. "Huh? Where'd he—" "There!" Garoujin pointed as his ear twitched. He looked awfully amazed; "You're not going to reward me for my gallant efforts! Not with gold, a kiss or a meal; rather with a place behind bars is that not right?" He who called himself a saint shouted clearly stood upon the massive wall—somehow.

The angel, proclaimed defender of love and justice, stood staring in awe as the thief turned his back to the group, his cloak fluttering in the wind as he threw a single blue rose into the air, "I wouldn't say I'd like that—ciao!" Then he jumped off the other side of the wall with the sound of a parasol opening ringing in the air. "That was so cool..." The angel covered her mouth, murmuring with sparkling eyes.

The commander clicked his tongue, and turned away; another thing they had to deal with. Aya ran up to Dulcifer, putting a hand on her shoulder; "Guess we'll meet back at the tavern?" She'd asked as the white maiden smiled, "Yes let's—"

SALBOROS.png
Higanbana

"No." The pastel thing rebuked. "Huh?! What do yo—" "The second, it beckons. The pig has felled and returned. Returned it. It returned, the hollow never to be filled—find it which clings to treasures and pleasures. The white crane weaves, weaves and weaves; plucking thousands of years one by one by one~ Keukeukeukeu~" It giggled, covering it's mouth as though its done no wrong with its tiny paws. "...Oh, angel business."

Despite how it was facing the angel, its single red eye focused on Hideki. The large red marble of an eye thinned like a cat's. Aya sighed, "Fine then, we'll—" "No, I... Someone needs to stay here to help in case more of those... things, appear. The militia's cool and all but you'd agree with me that they seem a bit incompetent at times." The kitsune begrudgingly nodded, "If that's the case, then I'll stay... Are you sure you'll be fine?" "Yeah, yeah~ I may be a kid when I'm... " Dulcifer gestured to herself, "not like this—but I have P-tan and his an adult. I think; he said his been around for like millions of years." She'd look to it but all it did was chuckle a bit.

The angel turned, her wings beginning to flutter; "Well, better be off while I have flytime! Where we goin' P-tan?" "East. Easterly, far and far and faraway." The angel flinched, "I... I see, well! No time to dilly-dally, let's mosey!" With her wings beating the air, she was lifted from the ground and the pastel one followed closely behind, she turned, waved and smiled "See y'all on the flip side!" She'd say before flying off into the snow. "Stay safe." Aya lifted her hand and waved back.

3a69eb0c4aab3efacd6e468eccc7bbf3.jpg
Outro – 夜霧の苺 (Fragaria in the Night Fog)

And so comes the end, the remaining adventurers would meet in the commander's office and be given their compensation as a decent portion of currencies as well as renown within the town of Nan'gau. Even Hideki, despite being a wolf, would receive such a reward for his contributions and his inherent sentience and sapience.

The day would become night. The azure dips into violet, as sunflowers somewhere turn away from the twin moons. The seasons were changing and the clouds began to clear and show the lovely sky; snow melted into puddles of cold. Those blue flames had long since burnt away, the black and red was swept somewhere and forgotten. They did have to deal with acid rain a few times, but other than that, it was okay now.

Sakura would bloom and die and remind everyone of the transcience of life. Whilst the sweet peas bloom prettily purple, raising their leaves as if waving goodbye in the fluttering winds.

Cranes flew close to the lakes, dipping their talons into the waters. A silver wrought arrow struck and pierced through a golden-necked crane's brilliantly white wing and she fell to the earth. A wolf came about seeing the twinkling gold and white as it fell and gazed upon the wound-stricken crane and noticed her brilliant white and golden feathers and...

~ Fin. ~

Isekai Hell Grade

Faynorae Faynorae Femboy Femboy Moonberry Moonberry DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Scarletti Scarletti

snowy cold. felt fitting for time of year and place. Meeting up in a tavern before adventure calls folks to take action. Nice beginning. I can't understate the need for folks to use character names when the writer knows the names. Props for running a version of advanced combat. Felt like things moved nicely. Pacing seemed to swing a bit though. One time the posts came in just a few days. Another time the posts came in almost 2 weeks apart. Definitely need to try and get that more consistent. Nice that pretty much all the members made it to the end.

Aftermath:
N/A

Sariel - 105pts (narration bonus)
optional title acquired [Reluctant Juice Sipper] - Character is known to be less enthusiastic to sip juices. One might think a child denied the chance to be an adult.

Aug - 77pts (attentive student)

Hideki - 28pts
optional title acquired [snow-shaker] - character seems to collect more snow than good boys. gotta shake it out.

Griffin - 70pts
optional title acquired [Republic Adventurer E] - Character has shown promise in the adventuring life. Most Republic Adventurers excel in martial combat. Jobs are notoriously low paying.

Ralph - 21pts
optional title acquired [Brooding Protector] - Character broods some and protects some. Sometimes they protect and then brood. Sometimes they broodprotect at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back