• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Nan Gau Fort] Virtus Chronica – Act I: Gula ⚝一番でっかいの豚

Faynorae

Great Maiden's Blush
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"This RP is part of [Isekai Hell]. Go here if you want to know more~ Ufufufu~~"

Once upon a time, there was an old mother pig who had three little pigs and not enough food to feed them. So, she severed the heads of the youngest and the eldest and had sewn them to the middle's neck with a magnificent orange feather. She then planted the feather into the little pigs' chest so that he would live. However, it was then that her three little pigs had grown an appetite which could never be satisfied, and so...

Time: 8:13
Weather: Cold and Windy, Snowfall
Location: The Beast's Republic (Kuridan), Nan Gau Fort, Silver Moon Tavern

• Universal Goals:
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    Character Goals:
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???

Language Keys:
    Please remember to use the following when your character is speaking a language. For your characters to understand what other characters are saying they must possess the [Language] skill according to the following language.
    • "Common"
    • ["Terran"]
    • <"Beastial">

3a69eb0c4aab3efacd6e468eccc7bbf3.jpg
Winter Night

Snowflakes danced upon the northern winds' stride, as he pulled upon the frigid flakes with great force in sudden gusts. The town of Nan Gau was still repairing much of what had been destroyed during their earlier invasion of creatures unknown. The cold season began to settle in, as little specks of snow slowly descended from the nepheles' homes, creating a veil of white upon the brick roads. Despite all this, the citizens were quite merry in their recovery from previous assaults, celebrating their survival and those who fell honourably in battle.

Well, it was too early in the morning to be outside anyway. As the cadent snowflakes descended from their heavenly azure, most were gathered withinside the comfort and warmth of their homes. Most of the older folks were likely still asleep, along with any young children.

josh-evans-saloon-001.jpg

Others perhaps likened staying in their designated rooms upstairs in the [Silver Moon Tavern], although the rooms were indeed simple and provided slight but the necessities. A surprisingly comfortable bed, a table with an oil lantern and chair in the corner, a window to the outside world and the door to the corridor which led to the balcony overtop the tavern's bar.

There were few people already awake in the cafeteria. A pair of adventurers spoke to each other in tired voices as the tavernkeeper prepared breakfast at the bar. A nine-tailed woman walked up to the bar and seemed to request something, the red-headed woman's request was quickly met as the man placed down a cup and filled it up. The foxwoman then made her way over to a table near the front door, where a blonde girl sat glaring at what seemed to be some sort of odd stuffed animal.

Aya B Grade.pngsariel.png"Drink up." She placed the cup on the table, glancing briefly at the toy which sat limply across the girl. She glared at the cup, "What's this s'posed to be?" The child asked, as though speaking to a friend. "Persimmon juice, they're in season all winter and a great source of vitamin C in this time, when little girls like you, can get sick." "First, I am NOT little—" The girl would then gently push the cup toward the kitsune. "and I'll pass. Ya really expect me to drink juice in THIS weather?! Like no, can't ya get me some... hot chocolate instead?"

The fox woman sat in a chair across the girl and met her eyes, crossing her arms with a raised brow. "Hot chocolate? Does this look like a town with cacao imports? Do not be impolite, and simply drink it up, Sariel." The fox woman would say sternly. The girl grumbled under her breath before conceding with a sigh and picking up the cup to drink.

Last edited by a moderator:
Au-Gh'Ulyqkh
_open__iron_dragon___monster_girl_adopt__ota__by_sokine_dg3409c-375w-2x.jpg

Titles: Beast, Mundane

Character Sheet
Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae

"This cold is dreadful. T'would be a nightmare for many... I would not imagine people would willingly choose to live in these conditions" Au-Gh'Ulyqkh murmured to themselves as they huddled their arms close for warmth, walking in a hurried manner in order to find what she was hoping to come across. Possessing fire magic had been truly useful for keeping her hands warm, but it wasn't what she was looking to thrive upon during her time in Nan Gau. Her partially frustrated gaze looked at a sign that sparked interest in her mind, immediately recognising the protective and safe haven of a name that was a Tavern and entering in without a second thought. Even if she had no other reason to be here, getting out of the cold was a blessing all on its own.

"It is good to be indoors, although that chill still remains... " Au-Gh'Ul mumbled in complaint as she rubbed her hands together, eyeing around the tavern curiously just to spot whomever she could find. Perhaps while she was present, she could listen in or find information as it felt a useful thing to do while here. Overhearing the raised voice of a girl protesting she was not of little stature, the fluffy lizard looked over to see a kitsune serving them. It was hard to tell whether or not they were friends or if the fox worked at the tavern, but considering pretty faces did well within businesses like such and the woman looked like she would be better suited to a cold region Au-Gh'Ulyqkh could only guess that she lived here at the least. Clearing her throat quietly and approaching, she introduced herself.

"Greetings, sorry to interrupt the both of you. I am Au-Gh'Ulyqkh. May I ask if it's that you work here? I don't wish to waste your time much at all for I have incredibly important things to do, as you probably have to finish to attending to this little lady, but I have heard certain rumours about bad going-ons in this town?" she asked as she tried to stay as respectful as possible as much as her patience was allowing. She didn't know anything about the blonde girl's age, but for someone to be shorter than her meant they must have been small.​

Hideki-1.jpg
Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae Femboy Femboy
Hideki

A quiet shadow swept in alongside Au-Gh'Ul, taking advantage of the door opening. The chill indeed seemed to cling to their being, and in the most unobtrusive manner possible, a very large black wolf stalked into the tavern and shook off the snow. His blue eyes swept around the room for a moment, as if expecting someone to say something against his finding shelter here. Before anyone had the chance to shoo him out, his ears perked up and his eyes swiveled to lock on to the Blonde girl asking for Hot Cocoa. His long black tail gave a few thumps against the floor. The creature started to move towards the table, not appearing threatening exactly. His eyes remained on the little blonde, even as Au-Gh'Ul began to speak. He only stopped when he reached the table, and his eyes went to the cup in front of the girl. He sniffed lightly, then snorted, his ears suddenly drooping with what might have been dissapointment. Snorting out a puff of air, he brought his paw up to swipe at his nose. The scent of the juice apparently not agreeing with him.

Last edited:
Time: 8:16

• Universal Goals:
    • ???
    • ???
    • ???
    Character Goals:
    • Become wealthy, renowned and respected.
    • Achieve greater power.
    • Get used to his wolf body.
    • Sniff out any lore or secrets of this world that may lead him home.
    • Get out of Nan'Gau
    • Collect the First of Seven.
    Language Keys:

Please remember to use the following when your character is speaking a language. For your characters to understand what other characters are saying they must possess the [Language] skill according to the following language.
    • "Common"
    • ["Terran"]
    • <"Beastial">
    Please keep in mind: I will be partially using the [Advanced Combat Rules], meaning that although the rules will be in place, intuitive uses of narrative WILL help your effectiveness, so I encourage smartly using abilities and skills. ^^ You may use any amount of abilities/skills out of combat as within the limits of cooldowns. Cooldowns apply whether or not out of combat. You may use skills on their own outside abilities.

Salboros3.png
As Hideki sniffed the persimmon juice, he'd perhaps noticed a more peculiar thing than how the cup was indeed not filled with hot chocolate (Which would probably not agree with his canine stomach in the first place); On the seat opposite the blonde girl was the doll she glared at. Its single red eye, which one could have sworn was first large, round and red was different. The doll was completely still and y'know... a stuffed toy, but the single red eye, well, the iris had dilated like a cat's and stared directly at the large black wolf. The doll's cute smiling face seemed off. The smile was perhaps a bit wider than it was before and probably twitched slightly. Was it truly a doll? Well, of course, it was simply a doll and Hideki's eyes were simply being deceived as a result of rubbing his face. Either way, it did not like you.

Whiskey Warms the Cold Air

The fox-eared woman's ear twitched as she glanced at the approaching newcomer. Aya raised an eyebrow to the beastwoman, but sighed with a soft expression as she shook her head. "No, I do not work here. I was simply serving Sariel here, who's much too dainty to order from the bar herself," The girl, presumably named Sariel, slammed down the cup to the table. "Oi, I heard that! Also, last I checked you offered first." The girl retorted, as the kitsune shrugged; rolling her eyes. "My name is Aya, I'm just a wandering sword—" She gestured to the little girl, "although, I took it upon myself to take care of this little lady over here."

Blissfull Introduction.

• "Sariel. I am Sariel, or well... Sariellion Albator... something something; of carnations or whatever. Sariel's fine, thanks." Despite the expensive and exuberant lace and brocade clothing the girl wore, her mouth seemed foul and quite un-noble contrasting her outward appearance. Well, that was likely because Sariel had no intention of acting all wimpy like the nobles do, seriously, he didn't understand most of the words those weirdos even used. Sariel then pointed to the stuffed doll sitting on another chair, "That's P-tan." He stated with a blunt stare, "ALSO, don't call me a little lady. I'm like basically an adult, so referring to me respectfully is much appreciated, you space cadets." He'd glare at both Aya and Au'gulyqkh.

It was then that he was about to pick up his cup again when Sariel saw the massive black wolf right beside him. "Oh. My. Gosh." Sariel stopped, eyes sparkling with a certain glitter similar to when he had first met Pierre. Eyes widening and mouth agape, it was written all over Sariel's face. Excitement.

"Hi there~!" Sariel greeted with a smile standing up from his chair, voice much higher and more fitting his girlish child form. "Woah, you're like way big! Ah, can we be friends?" Sariel outstretched his hand as if waiting for Hideki to extend his paw. "I'm Sariel, well..." The girl hesitated for a split moment, "Uh, it's nice to meetcha! You're like... totally wicked!" He'd express with stars sparking out his eyes.

Aya B Grade.png
Aya
Aya winced at the child, snarling a bit as brought a palm to her face and sighed. "Firstly, be polite, Sariel." She sternly stated, "Secondly, you're talking a dog." "Ugh, barf me out. YOU'RE a dog too, y'know?" "I'm a kitsune." Aya gestured to her nine tails, Sariel rolled his eyes; "Same thing." Aya then sighed once more. "Sorry about her, she's nicer when you get to know her... or if you're an animal... or if you're a mechanical war contraption. It's nice to meet you Miss Au-Gh'lyqkh" The kistune stood up and gave her a slight introductory bow. "Concerning any bad rumours... Well, other than Sariel's theories about this town being cursed, there were two occurrences I know of—" Aya would sit down again, pulling out a chair for Au-Gu'lyqkh to sit as well.

"First, the town was held hostage and raided by some bandits. Me, as well as a certain... Heroine of Love and Justice and a person named Angel went to the bandits' hideout, destroyed it and escaped with the hostages. Then, the town was invaded by an army of the undead and a terrible blizzard a few months ago," Aya shrugged, "After all that, it has been somewhat peaceful for the most part." The kitsune stated with a slight smile.

Sariel crossed his arms, "I'm tellin' ya! This town's like major cursed, like to the max," She nodded her head slightly. "And I want out. Like, right now." The girl would state, Aya sighed almost exasperated. "It's just a matter of time 'fore another catastrophe or bigger undead army strikes. So, I wanna leave. You can stay but I'm out the door." Sariel would say firmly. Interrupting Sariel before he could continue was the barkeep placing down a clattering bowl of rice porridge in front of Sariel.

GingerBarkeeperMan.png
Barkeeper
"Okayu for the missy," The barkeeper would put down two bowls of a steaming broth of noodles and beef, "Udon for the two of ya!" The man said in a jolly tone as he laughed. He was one of the very few [Humans] who stayed in Nan'Gau. "You looked cold lassie, this'll help warm you up in this cold season. Eat up, ya must had a long trek in the snow, you're frigid." The man would pat Au-Gh'lyqkh on the back. "Dunno if we're s'posed to feed mountain spirits—" "Oi!" The man looked to Sariel who had interrupted him. "This is just umeboshi and spring onions! Whaddya tryin'?" Sariel gestured to the porridge. "Yer too young for meat, missy." "What's that supposed ta mean!?" "Ain't the only reason." The man walked back to the bar to work on breakfast for the other patrons. "Huh?! What's THAT supposed to mean?!"...

"Ugh." The girl grunted as he'd slump back onto his chair. "Gag me with a spoon, do I look like an infant? Only weaklings and old hags eat lame-ass—" "Language, Sariel." "...Wait—" Sariel snapped his head back to Hideki, "Are you a mountain spirit?" He'd ask, expecting an answer as Aya stood up and crouched beside the black wolf, eyes squinting and a hand on her chin as she gazed at the wolf... On the other hand, her ears twitched as she turned her head to the door, Hideki would hear it too with his [Heighthened Sense: Sound]. The clattering footsteps of someone hurriedly incoming.

Last edited:

Hideki

Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae Femboy Femboy

The large wolf stared at the little blonde with one slow blink. His ears both cocked down and to the side. Him? A mountain spirit. He snorted again, another frustrated puff of air escaping his wet nose. If he was a mountain spirit, wouldn't going home be a little easier? Some sort of understanding of the planar laws between dimensions, that came with being an omnipotent being. Not that he could have told the child any differently. His blue eyes regarded the child with a somewhat unamused light in them. However, the noise at the entrance had his ears swiveling up and frontwards. His whole head turned slowly to match his ears, as he took a step forward to stand beside Au-Gh'Ul and get a good look at the one hurrying in.

🦁GRIFFIN🦅
INTERACTIONS: Faynorae Faynorae Moonberry Moonberry Femboy Femboy

• Tavern

After the events that transpired in the bug nest, Griffin felt lucky to be alive... if he was 'alive' to begin with. Like he normally did, he wandered. He hadn't been sent by the guild or anything. He had nowhere to go. So, if he had nowhere to go it only made sense to explore the world while he was at it, maybe he,'ll eventually find his place here and get rid of that feeling of lack of belonging. His traveling had brought him to the Republic. Having managed to leave Ryke, he made it to Kuridan. On his eventual arrival, he made it to a tavern exhausted by the trip, he just sat down. His wings folded, there was an interesting sight: a blonde-haired girl, two beasts and a wolf talking with the bar tender. The only weird thing which could possibly not be weird in this world was the wolf being inside a tavern. Besides, there could be more to that story. Deciding not to think about it, Griffin laid his head on the table though something did seem to get the canidid's attention, hoping it wasn't a concern. It could've been another customer. This was a tavern after all. 'Wait am I allowed to be in a tavern?' He thought to himself...but there was someone who was younger then he was here so maybe he was.

--
    Actions:
    Action1: Observe the others

Last edited:
Au-Gh'Ulyqkh

Character Sheet

Au-Gh looked at the doll that was sitting presently at the table, thinking it funny that Sariel was adamant about not being a little girl yet keeping a doll with her. Albeit she had a doll of her own, Au-Gh would be willing to admit that she had the doll because she needed it for her own power and because of a little childish tendency. Despite it being a doll, she chose not to question it and just gave a little wave to it and to Aya in greeting.

"Nice to meet you, Aya and P-Tan. And to you, Sariel, although being called a little lady can't just be deflected as an insult if it was true. You don't have to worry about the possibility of people insisting that you're a 'big girl' at the least, whether that's just a more demeaning way of treating someone like a child in an adult body" Au-Gh answered as she tried to give reason that it wasn't so bad, supposing that not seeing it as a bad thing might not happen. Finding that the blonde girl would soon turn her attention to the presence of an appeared doggo that she hadn't seen when she came in, Au-Gh smiled a little at the suggestion that Aya was essentially a dog.

"Thank you for letting me know, and I hope your friend treats you nicer. You mustn't let pet dogs put their own caretakers on a leash after all, but I suppose little girls will always be little girls" Au-Gh spoke to Aya in teasing suggestion of Sariel's behaviour as she heard about Sariel's thought of the town being cursed. Thinking to herself about it for a short moment, she gently poked her claw against her face in thought as she held her other arm crossed across her body. If they had done so much in said town, perhaps it was plausible that they had made someone hold a grudge against them. She took a seat as she kept thinking about it.

"Maybe it's to do with someone in this town, like perhaps the two of you. Heroic souls usually attract trouble naturally... " she spoke absentmindedly as she thought about it, her thoughts being interrupted when a barkeep had brought food in order to warm her. Not having expected the hospitality all of a sudden, looking at the udon before at the barkeep that brought it. Despite the foul language and angered response from Sariel over the meal she was given, Au-Gh was surprisingly taken back by this kindness.

"Maybe it's too early to judge this town if the people are this nice. Thank you for your hospitality, I won't forget it" Au-Gh spoke to the barkeep as she lowered her head in gratitude, enjoying the food she had been blessed with. Taking a moment to look to the wolf who had seemed to come in around the time she did yet having not noticed.

"I haven't seen this beast before, yet it was and now still stands close to me? They have a wonderful fur coat and face too. Perhaps I may be overthinking things, but would this be a convenient time for anyone to reveal a capability of communicating to animals in a more effective way than which Miss Sariel has demonstrated?" Au-Gh asked.​

Time: 8:18

• Universal Goals:
    • Ensure the Safety and Protection of Nan'Gau
    • ???
    • ???
    Character Goals:
    • Achieve greater power.
    • Rank Up in the [Adventurer's Guild]
    • Possibly scope out a place to live; to belong.
    • Get out of Nan'Gau
    Language Keys:

• "Common"
    • ["Terran"]
    • <"Beastial">
    Please keep in mind: I will be partially using the [Advanced Combat Rules], meaning that although the rules will be in place, intuitive uses of narrative WILL help your effectiveness, so I encourage smartly using abilities and skills. ^^ You may use any amount of abilities/skills out of combat as within the limits of cooldowns. Cooldowns apply whether or not out of combat. You may use skills on their own outside abilities.

As Britney Spears sung; "I'm not a girl."

• Just an Ordinary Girl

"Heh?" The girl stared eyes widened a bit. Judging from the wolf's unimpressed slow-blink and wilting ears; it likely meant... negative. "So you aren't a mountain spirit?" He'd tilt his head slightly, "...Are you yokai, then?" Sariel again asked, as though expecting a verbal answer. He does this a lot when speaking to animals, conversing with them as though they could talk, although he could truly never interpret their replies or lack thereof. Of course, that just meant they couldn't make fun of him thus Sariel overall enjoyed talking to non-talking animals more than with other people.

For example, this Au-ghlet woman. Sariel winced, crossing his arms with a pout, "Barf me out, do you hear yourself?" Sariel barked, "Is there any more demeaning insult than being called a 'little lady' as a young ma— Ah!" Sariel covered his mouth, "I MEAN;" The girl took a breath, "I guess... Not having to be like those hoser adults is a good thing. Plus this bod— I mean, I am not awfully hideous for a girl." Sariel sunk into his seat, cheeks flushed red in inherent shame. Although, Au-Gh'Ulyqkh's comment about him being a 'PET-DOG' and 'LITTLE GIRL' didn't at all fly over as Sariel made sure to shoot a [Intimidation F] nasty glare at the beastwoman, brows knitted as the child rolled his eyes, "I am wicked nice when need be, shortstack." The girl commented.

Aya B Grade.png
Aya
Whiskey Warms the Cold Air

"Sariel." Aya snapped as Sariel turned away his head; "Hmph." "Ugh...." The kitsune put a palm to her face. "She is kind of correct, Miss Au-Gh'Ulyqkh—" Aya leaned closer, putting a hand aside her mouth to whisper, "She usually only acts like this with new folks like yourself." The kitsune smiled nervously. Concerning Au-Gh'ulyqkh's theory, Sariel and Aya would briefly eye each other, before the beastwoman would wave her hand dismissively, "The two of us? Me, mayhaps, but this little lady can't fight a fly." She snickered, "Yeah. Can't even catch a cicada. Hah hah... hah." The girl replied robotically, her eyes shifting to the side. "Hey!" Sariel got up with a frown, "I think my animal whispering capabilities are awesome!" He claimed, "They just... Haven't fully developed yet." The blonde crossed his arms and looked away in displeasure. "From my experience, most [Animals] don't speak [Beastial]; perhaps they have their own language?" Aya mused, eating her udon hurriedly, her eyes to the door. As Hideki moved beside Au-Gh'ulyqkh and looked to the door, Sariel would go to her 'doll'; picking it up and holding it in her crossed arms.

GingerBarkeeperMan.pngWhilst that occured, the bartender and also tavern keeper would approach Griffin with a wide smile. "Heya kiddo;" he'd greet, "So, what'cha havin—" Before the man could finish, bolts of cold wind had burst through the door which swung open to reveal a man with wolf-ears and long black hair. Garoujin.png "ATTENTION PEOPL—" "Uhm, 'scuse me; Garoko, could you close the door?" The bartender interrupted the man whose cheeks flushed a bit as he carefully closed the door behind him, "Uhm, s- sorry Mister... Annadale..." He bashfully apologised, bowing thrice before clearing his throat. "Attention all citizens and visitors; This is an... uhh... imagine.... im- imaginsty... EMERGENCY!" He stammered, again clearing his throat. "Something... About; Uh.... There's a giant thing headed this way; all regular citizens should huddle away... in uhm... s- Safety! Yes, get to safety!" The man claimed as he held up a spear; "And all able beasts and folks should... Should help provide aide against this... m- Monster." The man shuddered as he uttered the words, the corners of his unconfident smile twitched as he felt the tavern folks' gaze upon him.

SALBOROS.pngAya stared at the man, her expression did not express the true and utterly immeasurable disappointment she felt seeing such a nervous wreck of soldier. Sariel—blankly staring for a moment—suppressed the urge to laugh as he covered his mouth. "Seems this place really can't catch a break..." Aya sighed. The head of the doll Sariel held creaked to the side, like an old wooden, jointed doll rather than a stuffed animal. "Huh-" Sariel looked down, "Little angel~" [Deception F] It whispered. "It is here. Here, it is impending. It shall loom upon here," The creature so subtly moved his grinning maw; acting as though a simple doll. However, that would only barely fool those above [Grade F] in character, and those with a [Heightened Sense] of hearing could perhaps beg more so to differ. "What is it'?" "Feather. The Feather. The feather which eats, and eats and eats until the creatures it so surfeits upon rips through its stomach" "Gag me with a spoon, bag it!" Sariel hurriedly whispered, covering the creature's widening smile as its cheery giggles were so rudely muffled by Sariel's hand.

Aya's ear twitched, as she raised her hand with a sigh; "Garoko—" "Garoujin," The man corrected, scratching the back of his head. "Sir Garoujin, I, Aya; will offer my aide in the protection of the town, Nan'Gau. I assume we have to move to the Garrisson's quarters for further orders?" The man stared for a moment, eyes sparkling as his cheeks reddened. "G- good, I mean— That's great! You're right Miss Aya, we must return to Sir Rextalen to prepare b- but first;" He looked to everyone else. "I- Is anyone... else willing to provide aide to the garrison in the nam— or, pro- protection of Nan'Gau?" The man seemed quite happy, evident by his tail swaying vigorously behind him.

🦁GRIFFIN🦅
INTERACTIONS: Faynorae Faynorae Moonberry Moonberry Femboy Femboy

• Tavern

When Griffin heard the voice of someone speaking to him, Griffin looked up at the bartender. He didn't mind being called 'kiddo' if only because he died in his past life at sixteen, so he very much felt like one despite the artifical vessel he was in. However, the Bartender didn't get to finish his sentence as another guy came in. Yelling about a monster having shown up and how everyone should flee to safety, Griffin held out his bow and stood up, his eagle wings still folded behind his back. Looking back at the group he was observing earlier, he could've sworn he saw the little girl's 'doll'...move. Like it wasn't a doll at all, but he didn't linger on that fact, as the man whose name was apparently 'Garoujin' requested aid. Griffin suddenly spoke up.

"I'll help! I'm from the adventurers' guild!"

He wasn't highly ranked, he was actually he was lowly ranked at the moment… But this was his chance to work his way up the ladder. So far, being in the guild was the only thing he knew remembered of 'belonging' anywhere. He stood up from his table. Unconsciously flicking his tail around, possibly unnoticeable. Disregarding that, he felt like he didn't word that all to well.

--
    Actions:
    Action1: offer aid

Hideki

Hideki-1.jpg

Hidekis ears were swiveling back and forth. At first most of his attention was on the motion and noise at the entrance. News of some sort of emergency. That alone had the wolf shifting his stance, tail swishing from side to side. If the Young blonde had thought him to be a mountain spirit, he'd hate to see a real mountain spirit. However it was the quiet hissing whisper that had his hackles on the rise. The wolf narrowed his eyes and lowered his ears and head. A low growl emitted from his throat as he watched the little doll get silenced. One thing was clear, the doll and the wolf did not like each other. Luckily, the young boys' brave words, broke the wolfs focus.

Holding a bow, and speaking out, "I'll help! I'm from the adventurers' guild!" The wolf snorted and shook its head, giving one warning glance at Creepy little muttering doll. Had he been in his proper shape and form, he'd be quick to tell the winged boy not to be so quick to sacrifice himself for some randoms. Then again, he glanced back at the kitsune woman and the blonde child. Even the man with black hair seemed panicked and scared. What exactly could he do? He was just a man trapped in a flea bags body. He snorted again, his ears still remaining flat against his head. His blue eyes swiveled back to Griffin, and he slowly, padded his way next to the young man. Though he seemed rather begrudging, he lifted one paw in a "Handshake" Pose, his nose pointed to the side and his ears laying back against his head. The wolf seemed to be volunteering himself as well.

Last edited:
Au-Gh'Ulyqkh

Point Booster: Attentive Student F

Character Sheet

Listening to Sariel's stumbled response, Au-Gh was more lost on what she had intended the significance of 'not awfully hideous for a girl' since it didn't even feel like it was in response to anything that was stated against her. Rather distracted by the faltering and confusion set in by Sariel's retort, Au-Gh was quite distracted with it to even have thought about taking the blonde girl's frustration seriously.
"Uh, sure... I think it's just  you who's worried about being shorter than average, I just haven't reached my species' growth spurt yet" Au-Gh answered as they continued enjoying the food they were so kindly given, savouring the flavour and trying to get a grasp of any culinary or ingredient secrets (Heightened Sense F(Taste)). This was until what appeared to be another beastkin hurried into the tavern to deliver grave news.

"I suppose bad things do happen often, and this sounds severe... " Au-Gh mumbled as they subtly tried to finish their meal faster as she took notice to those who offered up to support in the troubling matter. Seeing as Aya was lending support, as well as another stranger whom was in the tavern she hadn't noticed until now, she decided even if there wasn't as much help that could be offered by the fluffy reptile she may as well try. Au-Gh was a little confused when they had seen what looked like the large dog offering to help as well, supposing that it was a worthy mental note that this beast was above normal animal intelligence. Finishing her food and standing up, Au-Gh added to it.

"I will also offer help where I am able" Au-Gh answered as they stood up, knowing that even if they weren't so powerful and versed such as those with experience or reason then maybe there could be others present who might need assistance from another.

Actions
1. Heightened Sense F (Taste) to 3.5 Star Chef analyse that meal​

Ralph sat alone at a corner of the tavern, chugging down a mug of whiskey. The memories of his latest expedition flashed within his head. The loud battlecries, the scent of blood clinging to his nostrils, and the feeling of slicing, cutting through live beings, eventually ending in the sea of blood before him. He took another swig of his mug. “Damn it…” He cursed under his breath. If he couldn’t even overcome this, how could he ever get his revenge, or at the very least protect those close to him?

Just then, a commotion broke out at one of the tables. Well, by commotion, it really was just one tiny brat kicking up a fuss about needing to drink some juice. There was also a kitsune who appeared to be the brat’s guardian/parent/caretaker. Ralph heaved a heavy sigh. Perhaps it was time he got out of this place, as he had heard the rumours about the town being cursed or something, and now there were little brats to deal with too… He yawned loudly, eyelids feeling heavy as he started to nod off…

A loud announcement jolted him up from his nap, as a man with wolf ears and black hair started explaining their situation. Ralph was annoyed at the man for having woke him, and even considered escaping immediately, however he couldn’t bring himself to just leave. If he was just going to run away forever, then when would he ever rise up to the occasion?

“I will help.” Ralph stood up from where he sat, gripping his great axe in hand before promptly walking over to the others who seemed to have volunteered themselves. "The name's Ralph. I hope we get along well." Despite saying this, the neko held a serious unsmiling expression on his face as he rested the axe on his shoulder.

Time: 8:29

• Universal Goals:
    • ???
    • ???
    Character Goals:
    • Achieve greater power.
    • Overcome his fear of shedding blood.
    • Garner greater strength.
    • Get out of Nan'Gau
    Language Keys:

• "Common"
    • ["Terran"]
    • <"Beastial">

Au-Gh'Ulyqkh would be able to capture that the dish was mostly ordinary. The udon was boiled in a bone broth, the sauce had a subtle sweetness to it which complimented the saltiness as it soaked into the thin pieces of beef. Alongst the roasted green onions and garlic were thin slices of persimmon which added a subtle and delicate sweetness to the dish and a slight hint of a cinnamon-like taste. Other than that, it wasn't an especially extraordinary dish, it was a simple something made with hopes of warmth and health for those it was served to.

Garoujin.png
ヘタレの餓狼人
"Th- The adventurer's guild...?" The beastman seemed confused for a moment, however, he soon lost that confusion in his excitement, "Ah! That! Yes, please I would... Uhm. The village would be happy to hear that the Adventurer's Guild is lending their aid! Thank you Sir!" Garoujin asked whilst scratching the back of his head with an acute tilt of the head. The wolf-man would stare at the black wolf as he'd outstretch his paw to Griffin. His eyes sparkled, "Oh! E- Even a stalwart Wolf would want to offer aid t- to the town?" Garoujin covered his mouth as if to express awe. His mood only improved when Au'Gh'ulyqkh offered her aide as well. "Oh, this is great! Really, I am so thankful th- that you all are so willing... volunteering to help so kindly!" Garoujin said with a grand smile, ears perked up in excitement. Although he visibly took one step back, his ear twitched as he avoided eye contact with Ralph, even slightly lowering his head. "O- oh, tha- thank you... too, s... honourable sir Ralph." He murmured, his grip tightening around his spear.

Aya turned to Sariel, "So you'll be staying here then?" "Totally," The girl winked, it was a lie but not many were [Insightful] or [Empathic] enough to know that, "Def's gonna stay 'ere and do... Noble little lady things. Y'know?" He smirked slightly as the Kistune raised an eyebrow. "Well, you best be on your best behaviour, okay?" "Yeah yeah, what-ev-er, get outta 'ere already. See ya on the flip side." Aya sighed, as the girl waved her way and hugged her toy tightly. "Right, so that's everyone!" The wolfman turned to the door, placing his hand upon it. "E- Everyone, please do follow me!" He'd ask with a nervous smile.

download (12) - Copy.jpg
Aya B Grade.png
Droplets of Frozen Fractals
Whilst the group followed the man, Aya turned to Griffin and Ralph with a not-unwelcoming smile, "I never properly introduced myself to you two," She would state, "My name is Aya, a wandering sword. It is nice to meet you too; Ralph and..." She looked to Griffin, lifting an eyebrow subtly. "I apologise, I did not catch your name. You said you're from the adventurer's guild, correct? I find it odd that only one person from the guild arrived. The request must have not seemed very appealing, did it?" Aya asked bluntly, her eyes on Ralph, "And are you an adventurer as well?" With the chattering of children loud in everyone's ears, Garoujin would come to a sudden halt in front of a group of children all gathered around one woman.

pups and kittens with ears perked as some of the parents too seem to be listening to the woman's... story? She blew out the matchstick and tossed it into the air, the wind picking it up as it disappeared in the dance of snowflakes. "...And that's the end! The moral of this story like ones? A heart of snow will forever be lost when fell to a burning hearth." The children clapped, some of them were laughing and some of their parents were tugging at their children's arms. "Now, for—" "Uh-Uhm... Excuse me, Miss... Everyone." Garoujin stopped her, "You all need to—" <"Ma, it's useless Garoko!"> One of the children barked, pointing to the wolfman excitedly.

MargariteMaria.png"Useless Garoko...?" The woman tilted her head, the man seemed as though he had just been stabbed with a knife. <"Garoko came to listen to stories too?"> "N- <No>, you all need to uhm..." Although Garoujin tried to warn everyone, he was constantly interrupted by the children in the crowd. The woman chuckled, as Aya sighed, "Pardon me, but please do listen!" She raised her voice, "This is an emergency, it is in your best interest to evacuate and keep yourselves safe within your homes!" She'd loudly stated as the crowd grew silent. The woman chuckled carefreely as her white dress billowed in the wind, "My my, be not hurried!" She smiled, "Be marry, come listen, I have but merely one single matchstick left and one petty wonder tale to tell. I am sure this 'emergency' you speak of is only so slowly strolling toward your walls." The woman held up her matchbox, "One more! One more petty story and you all can go on home!" <"Yeah, one more story!"> "Garoko let us!" <"One more!"> The children cheered, although most of their parents seemed very antsy with this sudden news, in contrast with the calm smile of the white-adorned lady.

"Uhm..." Garoko scratched the back of his head, his ears drooping as he nervously looked to the rest of the group, "Uh... what d- do you all th- think?" He whimpered. The crowd of children's eyes twinkled like a thousand starlit night skies, and they'd surely be disappointed to hear a no. The parents were rightly worried; some even began to tug their childs away. The lady, however, seemed to be without a care in the world. It was evident by how she was dressed in the current cold, snow-falling weather; with but a white dress which so lightly fluttered in the wind, she stood barefoot telling stories to a crowd without even a shiver in her cheerful voice.

Hideki and Ralph would be able to notice a few things due to his [Heighthen Senses], leaving behind the smell of alcohol from the tavern, the cold smell of winter and falling snow would again bombard the black wolf at first. However, perhaps he could swear that a certain unnatural sugary scent laced the air and... Sulfur? Pork? The both of them would be able to hear the slight pitter-patter of clicking footsteps which seemed to trail the group yet was then drowned out by something heavy and slow pounding unto the earth, it was far and faint, but large enough to still be subtly heard by ones like them.

Hideki

Hideki-1.jpg

Hideki had come to a halt, when "Useless Garoko" had come to his own stop. His blue eyes followed the exchange between the children and Aya, as well as the odd lady with purple hair. They didn't seem to understand, the need for evacuation and timely responding. The noise off in the distance was slowly growing louder and closer. And then there was that odd smell. Like someone had dumped a platter of Yakiniku into a pile of burning coals. He pawed at his nose and snorted, tail swishing from side to side in agitation. His gaze swept between the children and the lady with purple hair. 'If she were a proper caretaker, she wouldn't be insisting to wait around with children out in the open when there's supposed danger incoming. ' He wasn't much of a kid person himself but, he had experience with Kohai and the younger kids in his after-school programs he'd been forced to endure. A low whine emitted from his throat as his ears twitched to the reoccurring sound in the distance. The kids were intent to hear the next story. A feeling of unnerved frustration came over him as he realized that noise in the distance would be on top of them soon. He lurched from the sitting position he'd taken when they'd all stopped. His height was four feet at the shoulder. He realized slowly as he padded up to the children, that he was about as tall as some of them if not a bit taller than a few. 'Okay Listen brats! There's DANGER coming So MOVE! go listen to your dumb story SOMEWHERE ELSE!' These words played out in his head as he stared them all down with his ice blue eyes. However, all that came out was loud growling and barking, albeit with a hint of desperation to them rather than intimidation. When he finished and a few of the kids had actually turned to growl back at him, his ears went back and in a frustrated panic, he turned his back on the children, and immediately began to dig a hole, spraying dirt and rocks behind him at the kids and the lady in purple.

🦁GRIFFIN🦅
INTERACTIONS: Faynorae Faynorae Moonberry Moonberry Femboy Femboy Scarletti Scarletti

• Tavern

A lot happened. Though to say he was surprised there was actual time to have gotten a request out to the guild-regardless, Griffin was just going to roll with it. That's what he was doing this far, right? Rolling with it, seeing what happens and how he can help if a situation calls for it. It didn't matter that he didn't know at the moment what his artifical vessel was originally made for. What mattered was how he could use it to be a part of society. That was why he was determined to belong somewhere among other things. He nodded to the Wolfman. He then stood up and introduced himself to Aya.

"Nice to meet you Aya, yeah didn't seem like many were willing to respond...my name is Griffin."

He then turned to Ralph the cat-eared beast who he didn't even notice, not until now at least. Was he also someone from the guild? Well, Griffin hadn't recognized him. Help was help. However, he learned that back during the bug nest situation between the Eastern Empire and Ryke... he only hoped this weirdly assembled team would be more compatible with each other. Then came the issue. When danger lurked, apparently, a storyteller refused to aid in getting the kids out. He saw the wolf freak out clearly worried. But that's all Griffin could actually gathered he didn't know how to communicate with wild animals. He then spoke up.

"Miss....sorry I don't know your name. But please listen, there's an impending danger the kids need to leave. Nothing is stopping you from telling your story. Just do it in a safer place. I mean you wouldn't want one of the little ones to end up dead because of your ignorance, right?"

He felt guilty for saying it like that, he wasn't the persuasive sort, and he felt any attempt at manners disappeared at the thought of the kids being endangered. It was instinct at that point. He supposed every time he met someone who was either younger or behaved younger, an older sibling instinct kicked in. He needed to get over it, he wasn't a older sibling anymore...but it didn't stop him now.

"Listen, what if it's not as far away as you think it is? Would you really prefer to be the one responsible to the loss of one of the kids? How would you even apologize to their parents if one of them died?"

He left it at that as he turned around and prepared to leave. His yellow eyes flickered between his team and to the task ahead as he knocked his bow.

--
    Actions:
    Action 1: introduce himself to Aya
    Action 2: talk to the story teller
    Action 3: knock his bow and prepare to leave

Last edited:
Mentions: Moonberry Moonberry Faynorae Faynorae DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

Honourable?’ Ralph’s gaze drifted to the floor. The wolfman may have called him that on a whim, but he was in no way honourable. Not after he’d left her behind for the sake of his own survival… No, there was no point ruminating over it anymore. He had to focus on making the present count.

Upon being asked if he was adventurer, Ralph shook his head. “Not really, I’m just a wanderer like yourself.” He felt a gaze nearby from Griffin and would turn to look at him as well. The adventurer seemed to resemble a lion beastkin, but had the wings of an eagle. Was he a chimera or something? Ralph wondered.

That was when they came across a suspicious woman telling tales to a bunch of children. Ralph would walk up to the kids who were ignorant of their parents’ concern. “You kids should listen to your parents. You don’t wanna make them sad or angry, right?” He reprimanded them, before thinking to himself. Hmm… Kids won’t just listen to an adult telling them what to do, they probably need an incentive to reward them for their behavior. “Tell you what. If you kids behave and go home early, you can play with Mr. Big Black Wolf here another day.” Saying this, Ralph gestured towards Hideki who was currently causing a scene.

(short post to do somethin but strugling rna lot)
Au-Gh'Ulyqkh

Character Sheet

Au-Gh followed along as to where they met the storyteller who wanted to share at least one more tale with the children, of which would likely just be putting them in danger as the others in the group had also voiced the same opinion. Unsure why a potential danger or emergency would be past off in favour of a simple storytime that could be done any other time, she weighed in with agreement on the fact that it should best wait.

"They are right, it's not worth putting children in danger just to enrapture their attention for a few more minutes of your time. If you wanted to do what was right, you'd help move them to a safe place until the emergent issue has been dealt with" Au-Gh answered as she was a little unsure why Sariel hadn't come along with them despite apparently being capable or strong to deal with certain situations like this. Perhaps her pride had taken over along with her dislike for the fact the town they were in was cursed by her belief, looking to Aya in question.
"Why is your small friend not coming along? Shouldn't she be useful for this?.. ".​

Time: 8:29

• Universal Goals:
    • ???
    • ???
    Character Goals:
    • Achieve greater power.
    • Get out of Nan'Gau
    Language Keys:

• "Common"
    • ["Terran"]
    • <"Beastial">
The Beauty Of Pearl begets the Agony of a Clam
As Hideki growled, the younger children and those resembling prey animals would choose to scurry or were more willing to be pulled along by their parents, the children who resembled predator animals seemed more curious rather than scared, some even playfully growling back at what they saw as big and cute fluffy wolf. He may even be inclined to believe the more canine children could somewhat understand him. The remaining kids' eyes sparkled at the idea of being able to play with Hideki when Ralph proposed it, but in the end, they would all flee upon the black wolf's spray of dirt, rocks and snow. The woman however still smiled, not even wincing in pain as a rock flew and collided with a CLACK into her ankle.

MargariteMaria.pngFor the moment, the lady ignored the barking hound and turned to Griffin, she curtsied, scarcely moving her right leg which had been pummeled with a pebble and introducing herself upon lifting her head, "My name is Maria Margarite, disciple of Margarite Getrudis." She placed a palm on her chest, "I am what one such as yourself may call a witch, or perhaps fate seer is righter. Withal, I tell fortune and fate, the stories of past, present and to come." The self-proclaimed seer smiled without care, "I am most wounded, little Griffin, if aught; you all are more ignorant than I." She claimed as she snapped the final matchstick which never had the chance to be lit.

"I needn't put my heart on any other's life other than mine. The lift of another is but his own responsibility. Nor the gods nor the great evils nor one's cousins nor fellowship nor kinship ought to be responsible for your own life." She stated, tossing the matchsticks into the air as they were lifted by a sudden gale and lost in the dancing snowflakes. "Heed me, fools, the sweet morning star shall descend upon ye; warn him, for his heart longs for there 'yon the stars:

Trust not in the demon with only one eye, for it shall lie and it shall cheat and do anything in its power for its own desires, which shall bring this realm to ruin—" She bowed, as the wind whirled around her, "Fare thee well!" Maria cheerful concurred as the enveloping snowflakes revealed nothing but speckles of blood from her ankle to prove that she had been here a moment ago... And... A colourful card? It depicted the tarot of the High Priestess in the upright position. Aya approached and pick up the card;

ITEM GET!! [Aya]
Maria Margarite's Card
The front depicts the tarot of the High Priestess. The character must have either [History], [Academia] or [Arcana] E in order to examine the meaning. The other side of the card shows writing in the Language [Terran].

Aya B Grade.png "Strange, I cannot read the words on the back." Aya would state, as she sighed, pocketing the card. "W- what just happened?" "It doesn't matter, Sir Garoujin. Carry on, the children are gone and so too is that lady." Aya would state as she moved on. "I... I see." The wolfman would reply as he continued to lead the group to the Garrison's office. Whilst they walked, Aya spoke up, "I'm glad that everyone is on the same page; prioritizing the children's safety was the best thing to do. This shows that we won't have a hard time working together." She smiled in her praises, "It irks me to think some people can be so selfish as to put the lives of children in danger just to tell stories... Although her warning does make me a bit uneasy." The kitsune would admit, as a sigh would escape her.

Aya addressed Au-gh'Ulyqkh with a nervous smile, "Sariel?" She chuckled, "She's a child, a noble's girl—I think—I am sure she has never even held anything heavier than that... doll of hers... She may be quick and especially quick-witted, but I have never seen her fight." The kitsune smiled as she walked on. Anyone with a sliver of [Insight] F or higher would be able to tell that the kitsune wasn't sharing the full truth, the way her eyes twitched as she struggled to maintain eye contact. The subtle shaking in her voice as she gripped onto her sheathed katana. Although, it wasn't like the only person with such [Insight] could call her out on it.

download (12) - Copy.jpg

🦁GRIFFIN🦅
INTERACTIONS: Faynorae Faynorae Moonberry Moonberry Femboy Femboy Scarletti Scarletti

• Tavern

He was grateful for everyone elses help. And didn't like Maria, after listening to her words his face scrunched up in confusion, who was 'he'? What 'demon with one eye'?. Well she had left anyone and for all he knew she could've been trying to get under their skin...but just in case no trusting demons with one eye then...or creatures with a single eye if it was pretending to not be a demon. Griffin neared Aya and looked at the card. Squinting his yellow eyes however he could not read what was on it either. He nodded and agreement with her when she spoke about being worried for the kids safeties and the unnerving warning that he hadn't understood. Griffin then mentioned to Au-Gh briefly.

"Even if the girl is strong...I would prefer not bringing a child into a battle."

A part of him felt like a hypocrite. He didn't quite know or understand why that was though. He then says. To the other volunteers.

"Well as odd as thought was we do have a danger to deal with at the moment, we best get going."

After he continues going forward towards the threat

Actions:
    Action 1: looks at the card
    Action 2: mentions it being time to go and deal with the danger
    Action 3: continues onward

Last edited:
Mentions: Moonberry Moonberry Faynorae Faynorae DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Femboy Femboy

Ralph heaved a sigh of relief when the children left the scene. He felt like the strange lady was about to do something sinister to them, but thankfully they were gone now. “You did good there Mister Wolf.” He nodded to Hideki, before turning his attention back to the strange lady. As it turns out, she was a witch! Ralph didn’t know much about witches in this world, but from his own knowledge witches were green, sickly old women with a pointy nose and a pointy hat. Also, they were usually the bad guys.

When the others talked about ensuring the safety of the children, she responded by talking about how their lives were their own responsibilities. Or in other words, she didn’t care about their well-beings after all. That just further solidifies how evil she was, Ralph thought. Before she left though, she left them with a riddle of sorts, or maybe a prophecy? A morning star will descend upon them… Like a weapon? Morning star is a type of flail or mace right? And what was this about a one-eyed demon… Maybe that was their final boss or something. A one-eyed demon wielding a morning star.

A card was left behind too. “Wow… she really left us a business card. As if any of us are interested in her.” Ralph spat out. “That woman is clearly evil. All that talk about being responsible for your own life is just bullshit. Of course it goes without saying that it is the responsibility of those who are strong to protect those who are weak!” Ralph shook a clenched fist in anger. That was when the others brought up Sariel. Crossing his arms, he'd give them a piece of his mind. “Oi oi, how can you guys bring in that weak snowflake of a noble into here? As Aya said, she has never fought before. If anything, we should be the ones preventing any harm from reaching her.” Plus she just seemed like an annoying spoiled brat!

Hideki

The wolf shook its body and gave a huff as Aya picked up the card, and Ralph commended his efforts. He turned his head towards the noise that was still thudding slowly in the distance. Each faint thud causing his ears to twitch. He was wondering idly, what he'd just gotten himself into. How had he gone from trying to get warm, to chasing kids away from impending doom that he and a few others were supposed to help fight? His blue gaze flicked around him, taking in the would-be heroes. The eerie story teller had mentioned The Morning Star...he wondered if that was supposed to be some sort of reference to Lucifer. He'd seen other gods from Earth here in this strange hell. Why not. So now they were facing a devil. Wonderful. After a moment, he took a few long lopes towards the sound, putting only a small distance between him and the group. Ears back and tail unconsciously tucked between his legs, he stared off into the distance, hoping either perhaps someone would realize he was hearing and smelling something that way. Really he wanted to run the heck away. But if there were kids here, hiding, he would do what he could to help.

Time: 8:35
Location: The Beast's Republic (Kuridan), Nan'Gau Fort, Nan'Gau Northern Courtyard

• Universal Goals:
    • ???
    • ???
    Character Goals:
    • Achieve greater power.
    • Get out of Nan'Gau
    Language Keys:

• "Common"
    • ["Terran"]
    • <"Beastial">

download (12) - Copy.jpg
Garoujin.png The snowflakes continued to delicately fall from the heavens, as the winds only grew colder and colder. Each step left a heavy print upon the snow veiled grounds whilst the earth trembled subtly. Their leading wolf-man's ears twitched whilst Ralph chastised the departed witch, "I... I do not know, she sounded quite earnest in the stories she was telling..." Garoujin stated with little confidence, "But not taking into care... into consideration, the well-being and safety of children is... is yes, bad. Sh- she did not seem evil though..." He'd comment, scratching the back of his head as he continued to walk. "Evil witch or not, Griffin is right, we best focus on the greater task at hand" Aya would state whilst lowering her head, seemingly focusing on something. "Y- yes..." The wolfman gulped, "I th- think that the... Uhm..." He trailed off, not finishing his sentence.

Aya B Grade.pngAya stopped to turn around and look at Hideki before her eyes fell upon the scenery behind them. A long road thickly coated in snow, as it continued to descend. Various houses and buildings let glow out the windows an orange hue, the warmth of the light inside almost made being outside feel colder. Many of the children had fled into nearby homes and those with [Heighthen Sense; Hearing] would be able to hear as some doors clicked open and then closed as if the other slower children and parents just got inside...

Except for the clicking patter of a heel stopping in place somewhere, likely behind the alley of a building. As if trying to keep up, or run from something—yet, the candy sweet scent which grew stronger suggested they were getting closer to the group. Probably, whoever it was, they seemed to be a few good paces behind—"Stomp and thud. Stomp and thud. Stomp and thud. It looms, impends. It is forthcomin—" "Why did they stop? Why're they looking 'ere for?!" Whispered the ones who followed. The kitsune's ear twitched as a heavy sigh escaped her as she put a palm to her face; "What is the matt... Uh, what is wrong?" "It's nothing—everyone continue without me, I'll go check it out." The kitsune stated, as she walked off to the origin of the sound.

.​

Whether or not anyone followed Aya, they would soon be led by Garoujin to an open courtyard. The stone walls towered over, as four guards stood post at the wall's gate. "There you are," A man's voice called out as said man approached the group, Garoujin's posture straightened as he gripped onto his spear. "Garoujin—" The man's gaze fell upon the group, "Ah, I see. Greetings, adventurers I assume?" He sighed as his expression fell to a frown. "Again...? I apologise, I had expected more aid from the adventurers guild however I am glad to have any at all. You all have my utmost for coming here on such short notice," The man turned to Garoujin, "And thank you for rounding them up, Garoujin. Rally up the rest of the guards whilst I explain the situation to this lot." "Y- yes Sir Re— Uhm, Yes commander!" He'd exclaim before running off with a swaying tail as the wolfman quickly disappeared into the snowfall.

Rextalen.png"Well..." The commander turned the party with a stern expression, "As you may have been informed by both the message I sent out and Garoujin, something is approaching the town of Nan'Gau. A neighbouring village's chief came by a few hours ago and informed us of a "Massive Devouring Beast" which devasted the village and is now forthcoming to Nan'Gau," His eyes scanned over the slight group, "I trust that you all are well versed in some manner of combat? I am sure we are scarce for time so I implore that if you need be equipped with aught to have me informed now so it may be arranged." He queried, awaiting to answer any questions that the group may want to ask.

🦁GRIFFIN🦅

• devouring what now?

Griffin didn't make an attempt to correct the man when he asked if they were all from the adventurers' guild...well surely the specifics didn't matter, right? As long as they could stand a chance in the fight against the danger he could only assume it didn't matter that there was only one adventurers guild member in the party...who had just learned a few minutes ago there had actually been a post for help, and it was the only chance he was there. Disregarding that, he listened to the commander as he explained what the looming threat was. He spread his wings out...he wasn't going to fly yet, he was a slow flyer and rhe party was short on enough time as it was, though it could be handy.

"A devouring beast?"

Had it been back when he did his first ever job in this world, a simple escort quest, he probably wouldn't believe it. However, just before coming to Nan'gau he had attempted to help in a nest full of mutant bugs, he saw a giant monster. That was not a wolf, that wasn't a dire wolf and far from any bandit. A 'Devouring Beast' wasn't as unbelievable as he would've thought back then. With that being said, he held up his bow, showing it nocked.

"I've got everything I need at the moment...or at least I think so anyway."

He even check the amount of arrows he had at the moment when he found a...wind up turkey? When did he acquire that? Well, regardless, maybe he could chuck it at the thing if push came to shove. There was always that option, but his eyes did flicker towards the wolf...he was hoping he wouldn't see a wolf who seemed very well aware of what everyone was saying. And now Griffin didn't have the best past with wolves, but this one he hoped didn't get eaten before his very eyes. He hoped they all didn't die doing this but at the same time, hopefully, it was worth it.

Actions:
    Action 1: talk to the commander
    Action 2: prepare wings and bow
    Action 3: check the items he has on him

(short post to do somethin but strugling rna lot)
Au-Gh'Ulyqkh

Character Sheet

Au-Gh listened in on the word about the devouring monster as she noticed Aya leave to tend to something else, questioning silently to herself what could be so important all of a sudden that she were to distract her attention elsewhere. Unsure if they would be perfectly capable if she was gone when she was really needed, Au-Gh went to ask the commander about specifics on what they were actually going to encounter.

"What is this- Devourer, exactly? You expect that we may have all that we need to suddenly combat it based on the few people that were asked to lend support?" Au-Gh asked since it didn't seem like a very reliable strategy if they were just hoping they conveniently had all the pieces they needed to succeed. It wasn't even clear on any other details much less than it was just some great creature that ate everything in its way, which didn't leave a good idea on how they were supposed to exterminate it.​

Hideki

Stones

hideki.png

Hidekis gaze flicked back towards the party for a moment, as the thudding noise continued. When Aya started in another direction than the others, the wolf made the choice to follow her instead. That sweet scent, and the faint voice mumbling seeming slightly familiar for some reason. His ears still twitched with the distant noise, but he had a feeling someone hadn't been completely honest earlier. And that someone had a little creepy creature that seemed to have some sort of info. The strange little thing had been mumbling itself back in the tavern. Something about a feather, eating, and eating. A feather? As another distant thud made his ear twitch, he wondered how much this particular feather had eaten. He stuck his nose to the ground [Heightened Sense: Smell/Sound] and began to try and sniff out just where the little twerp had scuttled off to. The kid should be with all the other kids. But then again, all the other kids had gone and hidden in their own homes. Wasn't there an emergency panic building for villagers to hide in when things like this happened? If he'd had any interest in bettering this world he'd be sorting that out quickly. But alas, his thoughts of the world here quickly turned sour as he remembered Asame-chan making him a bento. The villagers weren't really his concern. He just needed to find a connection to someone who could turn him back and send him back. Right now, getting in good with a town official seemed to be a better idea than storming the See to make an elf send him back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back