• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia: Go Beyond, Plus Ultra!! (Remake number what? 100?) OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Same, Clementines running out with the rest, Wild Heart is trying to kill a old woman.

Pretty much know what I'm doing for the next post. The only question is... Do I have the strength of will to go through with it?

Pretty much know what I'm doing for the next post. The only question is... Do I have the strength of will to go through with it?
Whose getting yeeted in this fight?
A) Mrs. Great
B) Bushido
C) Wild Heart

Vote now on your phones

Yeah, Wylds pissed shes not stopping just because there not moving.....likely takes the broadcast up to 11 when one moment Ms Great is stood there....having caused the damage, the next shes falling into pieces and feed is likely cut off, not about to risk playing possum or checking a pulse in the rush.

...So wait, I'm slightly confused, why did Mako get the power? Also sorry for the absence, I took a break trying to figure this out

Since there were several candidates all with understandable claims for doin good with it, I think we kinda just put it to a vote... And I guess Hungry girl just took the most votes.

Crazy Lady picked them due to liking what they said the most, popularity contest for the hero rankings, popularity contest for the next one to get it IC and OOC lol

Though i did have an idea based on recent events to shift the blame of the event in public eye given what was scene and how it could be spun aka "Actually she was fighting the Villian that killed them and they used an explosive etc" Idea for damage control at least.

Ah ok, thank you, although I'll be honest I was a bit jealous as well which is also why I also took a break, that what felt like one of the more powerful students get it. But this is a different story then original BNHA though so I guess I shouldn't be jealous and I'm not going let that get in the way of me participating in the story...sorry

Yeah, pretty much will be funny if Mako actually becomes weaker long term because of it resetting the little progress they made with their quirk. The fact of "Nah this quirk makes you number 1" kinda goes against all the training/learning/hard work to be better vibe of the show. It was actually part of what clementine was trying to say, like saying you need this to be better is saying those who dont have it arent good enough, or your not good enough as you are....you need this short cut to give you a leg up on the others who are also working hard.

Yeah, I get that, it's just that from Jacki's point of view, it's an already powerful quirk given a power boost, while all she can do is copy fighting styles, to her it feels like a slap in the face in that she won't ever be able to catch up to anyone, especially after seeing the destruction a single punch caused

Yep, but there are actuial Cannon quirks that can cause that damage if not more without One for All. But thats a spoiler i guess as to which ones.

Yeah, like I get that but once again for Jacki, her thinking is "Oh shit, I have no way of being able to catch up to anyone. This is just worsening my self-worth issues"

Yeah, I mean we can talk that out as a scene maybe after this arc wraps up? ie Clementine and Xcel in Hospital getting looked over. There is still quirk development, on that topic i had a idea for Clem that helped with her not wanting to hit too hard and seriously hurt a villian (the main issue she had during her fight at school, since didnt want to hit full force and knock a head off so it dragged out longer/took more hits because of it....hasn't had experience gauging durability levels).

She spent i forget how long being pumped full of a concentrated KO Chemical to keep her sedated due to how fast she metabolized it, was going to have quite a bit of that leftover to use as she figures it out.

That sounds good. Honestly, I'm struggling to think of a way to get Jacki's quirk to develop, I have absolutely no idea what to do

I mean its Taskmaster right? So extend the duration you can remember it, then watch a video of it at higher speed and do that (too high and damage/endurance issue). Put a Video Feed/Google Glass on your costume.

Makes your character one of those thats got ALOT of vesatility/jack of all trades type.....and then as for fights its more getting creative. Maybe if you get good enough with the quirk you can predict what there going to do before they do it? Like that giant punch? well thats nice....fortunately they through it in the wrong direction since you were on the other side jabbing a pressure point or something.

just a few ideas

That sounds good. Honestly, I'm struggling to think of a way to get Jacki's quirk to develop, I have absolutely no idea what to do

Like, during the recovery time maybe she gets a pep talk from one of her classmates and decides to double down on not relying on her quirk.

She thenuses the break time to take the Rock Lee approach and just get insanely good at a martial art or something.

Eventually she'll become so physically adept that she'll be able to retain techniques and fighting styles of her opponents even without her quirk.

Endgame Jacki is straight up Neo, and can like mix and match fighting styles like it was nothing. One second ya think she's coming at you with a judo chop and the next you're Aikido thrown across the room.

Like, during the recovery time maybe she gets a pep talk from one of her classmates and decides to double down on not relying on her quirk.

She thenuses the break time to take the Rock Lee approach and just get insanely good at a martial art or something.

Eventually she'll become so physically adept that she'll be able to retain techniques and fighting styles of her opponents even without her quirk.

Endgame Jacki is straight up Neo, and can like mix and match fighting styles like it was nothing. One second ya think she's coming at you with a judo chop and the next you're Aikido thrown across the room.
I mean its Taskmaster right? So extend the duration you can remember it, then watch a video of it at higher speed and do that (too high and damage/endurance issue). Put a Video Feed/Google Glass on your costume.

Makes your character one of those thats got ALOT of vesatility/jack of all trades type.....and then as for fights its more getting creative. Maybe if you get good enough with the quirk you can predict what there going to do before they do it? Like that giant punch? well thats nice....fortunately they through it in the wrong direction since you were on the other side jabbing a pressure point or something.

just a few ideas
Both of those are good ideas....I think Jacki will also fall into that pit of despair. Thinking that her Quirk is such a niche thing that there is no possible way to improve on it, wants to give up but friends help her start to get her confidence back. Like it would still be there but as she stays with the class but it would improve on and on, thanks you two

Clementine invites her to go to the Gym with them....then they realize their build is NOT quirk related. Then she keeps it up, her house doesnt have the Gym equipment so she gets creative.

I imagine that currently, Jacki has little to no confidence in her abilities but she tries to keep on a brave appearance and that the fact that the gap compared to her and her peers just widens and widens even when she is trying her best to catch up with every other one of the students

Ok, excellent, I have literally just transformed my jealousy for what happened into something that is a mega confidence destroyer for my character which launches her into her character arc. As I've said thank you both

No prob,

We could even have it cause a sort've rift between Mako and Jacki that could lead to confrontation in the future. Would probably do wonders for shaking up the class dynamic.

Tbh I wasn't even bankin' on her gettin' chosen and stuff, just figured that her going along with whatever the decision was at that point would fit the character more than outright rejection. Like pbtenchi said I can't really have her goin' berserk now, but I can just trade some of her old quirk-related problems for new ones. Maybe she'll be too preoccupied by that to notice some issues with her friends that she would've beforehand.

No prob,

We could even have it cause a sort've rift between Mako and Jacki that could lead to confrontation in the future. Would probably do wonders for shaking up the class dynamic.

Tbh I wasn't even bankin' on her gettin' chosen and stuff, just figured that her going along with whatever the decision was at that point would fit the character more than outright rejection. Like pbtenchi said I can't really have her goin' berserk now, but I can just trade some of her old quirk-related problems for new ones. Maybe she'll be too preoccupied by that to notice some issues with her friends that she would've beforehand.
Yeah, I like that idea, the one person not afraid of Mako's quirk, is now jealous and angry at her for something she basically had no choice over and bottling the reason up as to why

Clementine puts her through the wringer with a smile, were gonna have a montage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back