• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Trektek

Happy Necromancer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The darkness was all encroaching in the room until a light illuminated a figure. It was a man with his arms chained up high against a wall, shirtless with his formerly athletic muscular frame reduced due to slight emaciation from lack of proper sustenance for a time. He coughed lightly as another figure entered the room wearing mask and cape. "Come to gloat some more Tek?" The chained man spoke, voice raspy from not enough liquids in his current diet.

"No, my friend, not to gloat." He took a seat in a nearby chair as he clasped his hands together and leaned forward in his seat. "Well, maybe I'll gloat just a little." He chuckled in his deep voice, amplified by his mask. "I merely came to tell you that I've finally decided to hold the tournament, and with it, bring out some of the best fighters in the multiverse to clash."

"For your amusement?" The chained man pulled himself into a more of a standing position, no longer letting his arms completely stretch out. He knew that one day when he got out of these chains, that his arms would be plenty sore, but that was not today.

"Well, yes, partially." Tek moved his hands through the air in a circular waving motion. "But that is not the only reason. they'll be competing also for prestige as the best fighter in the Multiverse and for this." He pulled out a large glowing jewel from underneath his cape. "The Zirconium Diamond. Not only is it exceedingly rare, so if you sold it, you'd be set for life, but just by holding onto it, you become stronger, faster, smarter than ever before."

"Then why would you give it up?" The man could possibly think of a reason, but in his food and water deprived mind, he couldn't be sure.

"Why, that's my little secret and for you to ponder over." He stood up and began to leave but then turned back, "Oh, and I've send an invitation to your daughter about the tournament. I'm sure that she'll want to save her poor father from his cruel fate." And with that he began laughing maniacally as he walked out of the room while the mysterious man could only whisper a small No as the light went back out and he was shrouded in darkness once again.

-------------------------------

Image result for colosseum
Y'Gdrassil Coliseum, a place between the realms of the multiverse that can be accessed by everywhere as part of a waystation of the realms. It consists of the coliseum itself, a small town, a multitude of shops where you can get many things from all over and a tower for residents and tournament goers. People were always coming and going, but in recent times it was occupied by the powerful warlord known as TEK, a mysterious masked figure that seemed to have an almost unlimited amount of machines and mercenaries to fight by his side. Recently, he has announced a grand tournament for which the ultimate prize was not only the extreme accolades that comes with winning such a large tournament with competitors from all across the multiverse, but also the Zirconium Diamond, a very rare and powerful magical object that can be sold to make you rich for life, or just be used as a magical boost of power. No one truly knows all of its capabilities, but it has legends of its own and that makes it worth while to many people.

Of course, people have come here for many reasons, some for power, some for glory, some for revenge and others still for riches beyond compare. As word spread far and wide of this tournament, this pocket of the realms between began to fill and swell with competitors as well as with spectators that knew they would get the experience of a lifetime. How often would they get to see people and creatures from all across the multiverse clash against each other. The crowd swelled as it was almost time for the opening ceremony by the mysterious TEK himself. A Iron golem of a blue hue waded into the back of the crowd. Secured on her back was a large shield engraved with a symbol of a group larger lost to time and her right blue eye had a scar across it from battles ages past. She was here for one thing and one thing only, to take out TEK and save her father from his clutches. But she knew that it would not be easy, not with so many competitors and the amount of guards that the warlord has on his person.

All those that arrived would check in at the front booths. The spectators would pay to purchase a ticket, while the competitors would receive a thin plastic sheet with words written in their native languages. It lists instructions and if the screen is touched, different options will appear, including a map of the coliseum with nearby town, living quarters, shops, restaurants and of course a listing of all the matches for the current day, which highlights that person's match. Tristan McNav vs The Iron Shiek. Valissa vs Argyle Pernassius. Vivienne vs Finnegan. Samuel Crow vs Hydrolosis. Nosako vs Xenon. Daddy Liberty vs Sister Helgrum.

Fanfair erupted ahead from on top of an overhang and the man in question showed himself. Wearing a silver mask with blue glowing eyes and a cape over his back, he seemed bigger than life even before he began to speak with a deep booming and echoing voice. "Competitors, spectators, and various assassins that will no doubtably threaten my person. I welcome you to this Multiverse Fighting Tournament and appreciate each and every one of you. I know that you have all come out here to earn your victory and the prize itself, but along the way, you are sure to entertain. Each and every one of you bring something different and unique, a perspective from another realm and all the experiences inside that bring you to your complete fruition. But I digress. Those who have come to compete will put on a fantastic show I'm sure for all our wonderful guests. The first matches of the day will begin in 2 hours. Please don't be late."

The crowd soon began to disperse so that everyone could mentally and physically prepare themselves or in some cases stop off for a bite to eat or purchase some equipment at the store.

Tristan McNav/ Hades le Tsvorsu - @ Jagson Jagson
Valiska- @ Damafaud Damafaud
Vivienne- @ Mynach Mynach
Samuel "R3X" Crow- @ Reytian Reytian
Nosako- @ Orifan1 Orifan1
Aaron Weiss AKA "Daddy Liberty"- @ Duwang Duwang

a fluffy space raptor teleports near the front booths. the space raptor in question, Nosako walks up to one of the booths to register. after finishing the registration, and receiving his plastic sheet, checks to see if it shows the exact order that the matches are in

((question: are there multiple arenas or just one?))

Last edited:
Vivienne leaned up against the wall, her dull yellow eyes scanning the lobby unenthusiastically. She could hear the crowd roar in excitement as the leader of this operation, TREK, made an assumingly bold and flamboyant entrance (she assumed thats how all leaders presented themselves).

An unexpected movement caught her eye near the entrance booths. A creature that looked similar to a lizard seemed to show up out of nowhere and walk up to the desk to retrieve its registration sheet. Vivienne had already looked over hers, conveniently and helpfully showing the best places to eat, rest, shop, and whatever else her little plant self desired before her match.

She briefly wondered who the lizard was from the roster. Perhaps it was this Finnegan she was supposedly supposed to fight. She glanced over him again. He didnt look like much, but neither did that drunk bastard her mom had gotten with and he turned out to be a real problem.

‘Never underestimate your opponent Vivienne. That’s classic #1 rule of fighting dummy!’ She scolded herself. The brash, commanding voice of TREK reverberated around the lobby, informing them not to be late to their show. She snorted. Those crazies only showed up to see them beat the hell out of one another. Not that she minded. They were probably just as crazy, so who cared? It was almost exciting to her to know who would walk in next, so she waited, and she watched.

Valiska

Valiska.jpg

It was a pleasant day for murder and blood. Those who lusted for violence and entertainment gathered round for heart-pumping gore. Valiska was never fond of such sport, but she understood the appeal of it. In fact, she was one of the players. A woman who indulged in murder and blood.

Valiska had an eye-catching appearance. She was not dressed glamorously, but the tone of her clothes was all silver, white, and grey. Even her skin was a pale shade of white. The staff on her right hand was ivory white. She queued up at the booth with a slight, sideward smile on her face. Behind her, two men dressed in identical leather armour were discussing the roster.

"There's a lot of ladies this time around."

"Sister Helgrum, Vivienne, Nosako-"

"Idiot!" His partner rebuked. "I saw Nosako already. That is not a woman."

"What about Valissa?"

Valiska's ears perked up hearing her stage name being mentioned. The air near her ears cooled down to a startling new low.

"Now that sounds like a lady. What do you think?"

"Pretty name, but fighting power... you know how it's normally is."

It was Valiska's turn on the booth. She submitted her plastic sheet and walked to the arena. The two men also went in; their seat was near the stage. As she left, she opened her mouth toward the pair and said,

"This self will try not to disappoint."

One of the men halted. He turned his back but saw nothing other than some damp spots on the ground.

Last edited:
Tristan leaned against a wall and looked at his opponents then at the arena. 'Was I sent to another universe,or back in time?' He thought as he looked at the Roman like gladiator arena.

Tristan just looked at the audience not giving any hint of him wanting to be there. Since we'll he didn't.

He peered back at his opponents. They all seemed to be in their prime while he was an old man essentially on death row.
'Cheer up.' The annoying voice that inhabits his body says. 'This is going to be fun old man.'

Now, if someone presented you with an option of continuing on for meager salary or fighting in some tournament to gain something that’ll leave you set for life; of course you’d take the thing that offered a life time of easy living. Anybody would. While Jericho has been tasked with performing in this tournament by a regular client- he wasn’t too interested in the reward he was offered. He was however more interested in taking this reward and seeing if he could find someone he could pay to whip up a way to turn him back. Jericho wanted to know what it felt like to be human again. To be normal.
The red head was not a fan of being here. Surrounded by so many people the smell was almost intoxicating and it left him feeling a little dizzy and foggy headed; however he did his best to ignore it. Jericho pushed his glasses up further onto the bridge of his nose, leaning against the nearest wall in the shadows and dragging his gaze over the few people that were just standing around. He’d go to the booth and collect what he needed later but right now he wanted to stand still and gather his surroundings..get a feel for where he was the type of people he was around.
Jericho’s gaze landed on an older gentleman, looking him up and down from his spot in the shadows and wondering to himself how such an old timer found his way into a place that was certain to be a death wish for him. Though he supposed he shouldn’t judge...if he was here it must mean he could carry his own.
After a minute or two of figuring out this old man for himself, he leaned away from the wall and made his way towards the booth to grab his things.​

Samuel woke up from his sudden slumber inside of a giant rectangular box with the only light source coming from a barred window which was directly where the door opened to give him access to the arena. His living quarters was moderately large housing a bed, nightstand, closet, fully functioning kitchen, a table, and some workout machines. He hated this part of his “job” for when he would be on “business trips”. Rubbing his neck, Sam could feel the control chip ready to zap him to oblivion. Then the announcer finally finished whatever they were saying which Sam hadn’t caught a word of.

Deciding to get up the man looked like a living specimen with only an cybernetic arm missing along with a shirt. He walked up to his window to see what was going on with squinting eyes.

“Well I’ll be damned, it looks larger in the sunlight.”

Samuel said before walking back over to his bed and picking up the sheet from his nightstand to view who he would be fighting. Glossing over the map, it briefly showed his location that was otherwise known as “Off limits”.

“Hydrolosis...oh goodie. A water type perhaps?”

Samuel took a few seconds to contemplate how that fight might go while he leaned over toward his night stand pulling on a drawer. Out came the piece of resistance! His cybernatic arm lay comfortably in there right before Samuel reached for it and began to put it in place. Testing it with a few minor movements, Samuel then rose up once more.

“Why the hell they would rent me out for this place I’m not sure”

Samuel bickered to himself as he began to practice his morning workout routine starting at his punching bag.

“I’ve got another shot to escape whether they know it or not.”

It was ready for the first round of fights to begin. The crowds were all ready and raring to go. Each had already found their favorites to root for from the programs, based mostly on appearances. It was showing to be a very good day for those that were watching at least. Not necessarily for the combatants, but for those that were watching it, it would be a most glorious showing. The Warlord took his place at his private booth, high up with a wonderful vantage point for watching the games. He simply sat down and waved to have a gong sounded off. He had already spoken before hand and had not reason to do so any further. Otherwise it would just be for the benefit to hear himself speak.

Vitreus Vitreus
Jericho Van Hellsing gathered his collection from the booth. Looking at the line up, he would see that his opponent was Y-39, probably a robot based on the name. Heading to the arena, he would see a silverfish grey machine about 8 feet tall with elongated limbs, clearing giving him a large amount of reach. He had a single visor for vision that glowed a deep red. As the gong sounded, he took a fighting stance but made no move to attack, clearly waiting for Jericho to make the first move.

Reytian Reytian
As Samuel would walk up to his section of the arena, he would see his opponent, Hydrolosis. It looked as though it were some sort of water elemental, waving back and forth with a slightly humanoid form that moved slightly in the wind. As soon as the gong sounded, it charged forward and launched a water attack designed to slam into him hard and glop up his mechanical parts. Whether it would actually connect or not, the crowd would just have to wait and see.

Jagson Jagson

As Triston McNav made his way to the arena, he would see his opponent, The Iron Shiek, it was a heavily muscular man wearing very little other than a loin cloth made of furs and carrying a large battle axe slung over his back. He looked at the old man before him and laughed heartily, speaking with a thick accent. "This is what they send before me?" He looks up to the crowd.
"You wish for me to destroy this elderly man?" The crowd cheers loudly.
"Then let it be so."
As soon as the gong sounded off, The Iron Shiek rushed forward with his bar hands, eager to lock the old man into a headlock followed by breaking into a bulldog for a slam into the arena floor.

Mynach Mynach
As Vivenne walked up to the arena, she would see a man wearing a plaid outfit with suspenders and a pipe in his mouth.Her opponent, Finnegan. As soon as he saw her, he took the pipe out of his mouth and spoke. "Well, well, well. Aren't ye an exotic beauty over here. What say you throw the match and we get a drink instead?"
He gave a wide grin before putting the pipe back in his mouth and took a couple puffs of smoke. He stood there waiting for her response even as the gong rang out loud.

Orifan1 Orifan1
Nosako would see as his opponent a figure wearing red robes with a gold stripe along the outer frame. As soon as the gong sounded, he gave Nosako a bow while reaching into his robe and pulling out a rapid fire crossbow which he let loose, shooting off 3 shots at the Avali.

Trektek Trektek
Tristan saw the man coming at him. He quickly dives to the side before rolling to a fighting stance. He groaned as he felt every bit his age. He had to think quickly. He pulled out two short metal sticks.

'Send me out.' the inner voice said. Tristan shook his head. "I can take care of beef cake." Tristan walked towards him. He kept his eyes on The Iron Shiek. He tapped the sticks together as electricity sparked.

Last edited:
Nosako ignores the bow, and rolls to the side to evade the arrows, whilst cursing the sudden volley of arrows in his mother tongue . he then stands up, and summons Danger Zone.
the miniature blue f-16 flies towards the robed man, while firing its machine gun.

Samuel was in his temporary home cell when the announcer began to say "Wow that was a wonderful fight now was it?" the announcer said while the victor walked off the battlefield and the loser was getting cleaned up off the floor. "Now, ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for the tsunami of terror, the h20 that'll make you so oh no, Hydrolosis!" the crowd cheered, this one was easily a fan favorite. With many battles fought this combatant was clearly not a rookie either. "Aha well certainly what I expected," the announcer said while the crowd still loudly cheered for Hydrolosis. "But please folks settle down yet and direct your attention to the large door on the far right for our new gladiator!!!!" the crowd ignited in anger and booed. "Now now please, give this man a chance. He's more man than machine," Samuel checked his robotic arm one last time to see if it was functioning correctly by clenching his fist and stretching properly. "a champion from where he's from," Samuel tied his samurai armor nice and tight while arming himself with his viking axe, ninja swords, and pistol. "I give you...your new contestant..," the door from the far right began to open, the sunlight pierced into the room while Samuel stood waiting for the door to completely open, armed and ready. "the mighty R3X!!!!" boos were of course given to Samuel as he walked to the center of the arena. A gladiator he was as he looked at the pinnacle of health along with an intimidating look in his eyes. "Now let's get ready to rumble!!!!!!" the bell rung followed by cheers yet again, and so the fight had begun.

A little surprised, Samuel wasn't able to block the quick attack in time and so lead with his robotic arm to take the brunt of the force sending the man back a few feet but still managing to keep himself anchored to the ground. The water seamlessly splashed in the face of Samuel and he huffed annoyed "Had to be a damn water element," this reminded himself all too well of Atlantis again, many water users he had fought which of course also meant that his arm was water proof. I mean would you not expect the best from Atlantis? After Hydolosis' attack, Samuel immediately stopped covering his face/torso with his robotic arm and began to transform it into a gatling gun. I mean plasma doesn't really go well with anything it touches, such as water. But Samuel wasn't sure wether or not his combatant would be able to dodge and so this was an attack and test to see what Hydrolosis was capable of.

Vivienne smiled warmly at the man, her mouth stretching unnaturally.

“What a true gentleman you are, but alas, I think I’d rather beat the living hell out of you.” Her eyes grew cold yet her smile persisted. Looking over the man, she wasnt against saying he was good looking for his kind. He was older, but it was difficult to tell the ages of other species.

“I believe we will have just as much fun here.” The dust around them began to come alive, a large green plant accompanying. Its large mouth opened threateningly as it grew, and wrapped protectively around the small girl.

1573014823909.png

A crowd thirsty for blood and violence. These were her people. This was her element.

It hadn't been incredibly long since Briar had been pulled into this plane, but she was already on board with the premise of this game. Just defeat a cast of colorful, pathetic beings and win something useful. This sort of thing was frequent in the Abyss. When not fighting turf wars and slaughtering fiends, entertainment like this was a popular activity. It just was somewhat unusual for her to participate in such an event. She was a spy, not a performing chimp.

She soaked in the atmosphere, dipping into the shadows beneath the colosseum seats, into the booths and shops. She could hear the excited chatter of what was to come, things she could already gather from the little plastic sheet. She wanted to know a little about their host, the ringleader. As much as she enjoyed a good fight, she didn't very much like spontaneous travel between planes.

The crowd didn't know enough about these participants either, so she would have to talk to them herself when she got the chance. Otherwise, she'd be going into the fight blind and would have to think on her feet.

The crowd continued to cheer. The fights were already getting bloody and vicious, just the way that they liked it. They didn't come from all over the multiverse in order to see fights that were over immediately and without any sort intensity. The wanted true sport. And here and now at this arena, it would be had.

Tek watched intently at all the fights as they progressed so far. Promising combat indeed. This process will weed out all the undesirables that would be unusable for his plans.

Jagson Jagson
The Iron Shiek barreled forward as the elderly man rolled out of the way. He pulled himself to a stop and laughed boisterously.He gathered himself for another run when his opponent pulled out the metal sticks that started to spark with electricity. "You are full of tricks my friend. I will enjoy this."

He thumped his chest with his right fist and began another charge at the elderly man with a confidence that must come from somewhere.

Orifan1 Orifan1
The robed figure was not deterred by his opponent dodging his shots. IN fact, it almost seemed as though he were expecting the maneuver. What he was not expecting however was the small fighter craft that materialized out of the blue. He got nicked by a few shots in his left arm before he managed to dodge out of the way of the rest of the bullets that were streaming at him.

The figure seemed angered at this strange creation and threw out a small mechanical device that attached itself to the plane. It began to tick and tock slightly as it reverberated on it's location.

Reytian Reytian
Hydrolosis gave a chortle as it's attack proved ineffectual. It had managed to push his target back, but other than that, it was just a cannon shot. It could deal with that, no problem.

It watched with amusement as it's target changed his arm into a gun. Nothing he hasn't dealt with before on his world. He separated his body into a puddle to dodge the attack and then attempted to reform behind R3X for a full force slam of water.

Mynach Mynach
As the large plant grew out of the surroundings, Finnegan's pipe dropped out of his mouth. Before it hit the ground, he snatched it out of the air and placed it back into his mouth for another puff, with smoke erupting from his mouth.

"Now, my fair lady. That certainly be something that ya don' be seein every day."

He took a bow before her. "But iffin ya be itchin fer a fight. We'll. I'll be happy enough ta give ya one."
His hands went up in the motion of old school fisticuffs, moving in a circle while he bounced lightly up and down, waiting for her to make the first move.

GummiPatch GummiPatch
As Briar searched around for information on their host and the other combatants that were participating, a large seven foot tall blue metal golem walked up to her. The golem spoke up in an almost sing songy sort of voice, something that you would not expect from such a cutting figure. "I heard that you want to know about our "generous" host. I know plenty about him." She looked around almost conspiratorially as though someone might over hear over the roar of the crowds during the current matches.

"I know plenty about the warlord. If you help me out, I can tell you whatever you want to know." Her eyes looked resolute and genuine in her offer.

Tristan smiled a little bit somewhat coming to like the beef cake. He proceeded to frown when the man started to do the same thing again. "Us old people know a few tricks that the youth ignore" He said.

He started to run. He was much slower than the beef cake but he had a plan. When he was close enough he ducked down and thrusted one of the metal sticks at Iron Shiek's stomach.

As imposing of a figure the golem was, Briar was undaunted. This sort of exchange was more than familiar, it was her livelihood. Beyond violence, the demand for information and services was the only predictable thing in the Abyss. This was exactly what she wanted.

She flashed the creature an inviting smile, "Ah, your timing couldn't have been more perfect. What's your price?"

Following the golem's lead, she didn't bother with pleasantries. Often times, introductions were neither wanted nor necessary.

Trektek Trektek

Nosako could hear the ticking and instantly came to the obvious conclusion of someone from his line of work: bomb.
shit... if that things blows up, no matter how far away Danger Zone is from me, its still gonna take me out... i need a way to get rid of it... but take it out now, or later?
Nosako decides on later, and the blue fightercraft turns towards the robed figure, and fires its gun at the figure.
not gonna use the bombs or missiles on the first round... he was clearly taken by surprise by my stand... surprise is going to be my best element...
Nosako takes a second to observe the arena. is there any cover he can use?

“Hmm. This guy is a smart one. If he wants me to make the first move, I suppose I should oblige.”

Vivienne wasnt sure what the man’s power was, so of course she would have a disadvantage. Should she get close, or stay farther away? To be fair, the man was in the same boat as her, so it equaled out fairly well, although it didnt help her any.

“Distance it is.” Again, the ground rumbled around the two, almost drowning out the roar of the crowd. She slowly took her scissors out from her small pocket in her shirt as two large plants appeared on either side of him. The one on his right snapped hungrily at him.

Trektek Trektek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back