• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [MULTIFANDOM] π•ƒπ•¦π•π•π•–π•Ÿπ••π•£π•šπ•—π•₯ (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Antares

Her jaw was set, her mouth a firm line. Often she's heard the phrase "magic" to define abilities or powers that can't simply be explained without research or willing researchers. "Magicians" as a whole, tended to be pretty dangerous but operated off esoteric rules that she learned to exploit over time. Instruments, wording, phrasing, tone, setting, etc., all could be manipulated, usually.

Usually, since the rules were a quick and dirty way of categorizing "magic" as a whole, and definitely not absolutes. A certain "Glastig Uaine" (Glas-tig when-yay) came to mind, but she would dwell on the fairy queen of the dead another time. There was no need to insult these people with a "Magic isn't real." After all, if that's how it was for them, then that's how it was. At the very least, Aelius seemed to agree with her on the strange nature of the place. Now that she looked at herself properly, the color of her clothing had changed. It wasn't quite the light-on-dark gray, her pants were black jeans, and she had shoes on now that she didn't before.

It felt odd to wriggle around her toes in the shoes, acknowledging that she had socks on that weren't really there before, like waking up to find somebody had draped a blanket over you while you were asleep.

And you lived alone.

It was creepy but oddly comforting, but the dark thoughts came again as she listened to Sera's explanation. "Dreams are born from your conscious, so normally you'd appear however you subconsciously think or know you should."

Did she have a third eye? If her dream self was a self-reflection, she could be very lucky or very, very, very unlucky. Victoria frantically patted her face, her arms, her torso, and her legs. Two arms, two legs, nothing else. She felt like she was so out of place, so strange with these people, on so many different levels.

"Do I look like a normal human being to you guys? Two eyes? One mouth? No deformities? I wouldn't be able to tell if they manifested in my hair, but I didn't feel anything weird in there." She said with some urgency. There was a pause as she worked up the courage for an explanation, punctuated with her stripping off her hoodie. Underneath, she wore a simple black t-shirt with a logo in the middle. It was a shield with three big letters, PRT, with wings on the sides of the shield. She patted herself down and ran her hands down her arms.

"I had a run-in with a..." She paused, looking for the right words. "Shapeshifter. Somebody who alters the flesh of others, and I just wasn't right for a while. Messed with my brain and self-perceptions." Several half-truths, which was good enough for now. "I just need to be sure that I don't look anything like..." She almost ended the sentence with "...what I used to look like." "...what he tricked me into." Rationally, she knew it probably was nothing. She could talk, for one. Irrationally, she had no control over dream magic, or whatever this was.

She gave a half smile as she patted herself down like a crazy person. "God, I feel like a psycho." She laughed a little to herself.

Interactions: Ploegy Ploegy (Aelius) Miserable Alchemist Miserable Alchemist (Sera)

Sera Mizuki
4yspYEH.png

Interactions: Ploegy Ploegy (Aelius) archur archur (Antares)

It was a bit of an odd sight as Antares suddenly began patting herself all over the place, seemingly as if to determine what was real or not. Perhaps talking about dreams so much had made her feel a sense of unreality? While Sera was a bit confused at first, as the cause for the sudden panic was explained she simply continued to listen. Between this and what the other girl had already mentioned before, it appeared she was dealing with quite a bit. Struggling with physical contact, her own self-image, and all.

She may not have understood the exact circumstances behind these issues, but she felt like she was beginning to get an idea about it. A life of adventure, albeit clearly not one that had been kind to her. An eventful life was often romanticized, but the other side of that reality was the susceptibility to the possibility of dreadful events. Even though, or perhaps because, she had spent more time "living" in the world of dreams than reality, that was an experience all too familiar to her. Vanishing the clothes she'd been holding through the Cancel dream, Sera looked towards her with a sympathetic smile.

"You look pretty normal from my perspective. If I had to pick something strange out about your appearance...you're rather tall?" she spoke with a light tone, a finger resting on her chin. "You know, it's actually a strange coincidence. A shapeshifter that actually shapeshifts you instead, huh? I've had that kind of unpleasant encounter myself. My own body parts were replaced by insect legs. Heart, lungs, even my eyes and ears. My back was transformed into that of a cockroach's. Pretty gross, right?"

Sera sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck, holding back a reflexive shudder at the memory, before continuing lightheartedly with a small laugh. "But in the end it's now as you see. I look human enough, I think. You do too." Her face and tone grew serious, still smiling though with an air of solemnity to it. "Sorry for worrying you. I guess I've been careless with my words. I don't know how you saw yourself before, but from my point of view I can confidently say you're human, the same as me."

Closing her eyes for a moment to focus, she invoked the Create dream once again. This time, a rectangular standing mirror was formed slightly to her side. A little over six feet tall, it would likely reflect the full body of most people.

"Honestly, it'd actually be a little more strange if you weren't worried about how you look. That's pretty normal for a girl you know? I wouldn't call you a 'psycho' just because of that, I think,"
Sera spoke before gesturing towards the mirror for Antares to see for herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back