• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Multi-Fandom, Genre 1x1 Search

astrarius

Red Panda Enthusiast
♥♥♥ HELLO
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Hej, hej, my new friend! If you're reading this post, by some divine act of luck you've managed to stumble across my search for a roleplay partner. I consider myself to be literate to advanced literate; since I don't expect you to just take my word for it, I'm willing to provide some writing samples, just ask.

I'm looking for a human partner (sorry aliens and animals!) who is either literate or advanced literate. I’m willing and able to play male or female characters, ranging in all manners of race, gender, and sexual identity. Further, I will often play multiple characters within the same story, depending on the needs of whatever sort of tale we’re crafting together. That said, I don't have any preferences about your roleplaying choices or style. If you’re honest with me about how you’d like to grow and willing to help me grow, too, I think we’ll get along just fine.

I do prefer if you are a bit on the older-side or at least mature enough to act as though they are. I’ve found it's easier to relate to someone who’s similar in age (25+) to myself. Also, I understand the strains and demands of real-life just as well as everyone else. I work full time and am a student. I try to cram in as much time for writing in my life as I’m able, but sometimes things just get busy. I’ll always do my best to let you know when life is getting in the way and I hope you’ll do the same for me.

Life happens. I get it. I’m an understanding sort of girl, but I would truly appreciate it if you let me know when you need to be leaving a roleplay or if there is something that you're not liking about whatever it is we decide on. I'm flexible and, in most cases, willing to adjust the story or just about anything else to fix any problems there might be in our current roleplay.

Typically, I prefer to roleplay through threads - mostly so we can go back and reference everything we’ve written in the same place and, more or less, show off our awesome work to anyone in the community curious enough to read it. On the other hand, I don't only roleplay through private threads. I would entertain private messages, as well. Please inquire about either of these means, whichever you prefer! And I don't mind how you contact me, either. Here in the thread or PM is fine, just fine.

At this point, I'm probably starting to drone on about things you're not concerned with and things we can discuss later if you decide you'd like to roleplay with me. So how about we move on to my rules and that list of what I’m looking for, eh?

♥♥♥ RULES
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Here’s a quick list you can use to familiarize yourself with my roleplaying rules.

1. Be respectful. I make mistakes and so do you.
2. Be literate. I like good grammar and long posts.
3. Be patient. Life happens.
4. Be courteous. I like trying new things. Humor me, here.

Thanks for taking the time to read these rules. I know they were long and rather boring, but I do appreciate you. Feel free to share your own rules when you message me and I’ll happily respect them, as well!
♥♥♥ MY LIST
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
And finally, as a reward for humoring me, here is a list of everything that I'm willing to roleplay. This is not a 'I will do this only because I can do this only' type of list. If you're currently craving something, please feel free to inquire; I’m sure we can work something out.

I’ve organized the list into categories. Then, just to make life easier for you, I put the characters I would like to play out to the side.

On to that list.

Movies, Video Games, & Other Media

Destiny
- Any NPC & OCs all-day
Destiny 2 - Same
Final Fantasy X or X-2 - Rikku, Gippal
Star Wars - Sabine Wren, Ahsoka Tano, Darth Vader
The Wicked & The Divine - Morrigan

NOTE: If you pick Destiny, you will be my among my favorite humans (see notes above, as I’m not looking for aliens and animals, sorry)! I’m familiar with both D1 and D2; maps, areas, lore, grimoire…

Original Genres

Urban/Modern Fantasy
Urban/Modern Fairy Tale
Science Fiction
Fantasy
Romance, Drama, Angst
Action & Adventure
Verbal Sparring
Mythology - Greek, Japanese, Chinese
Vikings (Modern Vikings… like Space Pirates?)
Ancient China, Korea, Japan, Egypt, or Greece
Anything Eastern European/Scandinavian
Magical-esq, if tastefully done
♥♥♥ PLOTS
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Since you’re still reading, I can tell I’m going to like you. As a bonus, I’ve included a few plots here for you to look through. Anything here should be further modified and refined by both of us so we’ll end up with something we’re both excited about - so please feel free to make your own recommendations when writing me. Also, if I’m not your cup of tea as a writing partner, why are you still reading - no worries, you can feel free to use any of these ideas to spark a fantastic idea of your own. Happy writing! Don’t be a stranger!

DESTINY
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
PLOT 01: Life in the City isn’t easy for most residents, and despite being a Guardian who lives away from it all, C1 knows this fact all too well. One afternoon, C1 finds themselves taking a stroll through the marketplace, savoring a rare chance at anonymity. C1’s happy afternoon is cut short when C1 bears witness to a shopkeeper enforcing a cruel punishment on a hungry child. C1 rescues the child, pays for their meal, and goes about their business. Unbeknownst to C1, the child they rescued is the son of C2, a crime boss (could be a Guardian or Civilian), and C1 has just found themselves added to the ‘no harm’ list. Will this newly earned status change if C2 discovers C1 is actually a Guardian?

PLOT 02: You are a Guardian of the Last City, and the tales of your heroics are far spread and rarely require exaggeration. Your name alone would strike fear into the strongest masses of Hive, Vex, and Fallen alike. You are deathbringer; a model of everything that stands as a threat to the Darkness. You are so many things, but good with children is decidedly not one of them. So when a Mission from your Vanguard sends you into the City, you are surprised when a young girl tries to give you every treasure she possesses - a pair of light grey feathers, a chipped marble, and a silver key - to rescue her from an abusive caretaker. How do you respond? And who will you bring with you?

PLOT 03: One night while relaxing with your Fireteam at one of the Tower’s many bars, you overhear a table of Warlocks speculating the fate of the legendary sword Excalibur (or an in-game Exotic… why not?). One believes the blade was melted down, another insists it remains in the ruins of old London, while the third is adamant it has been forever lost to history. Being the enterprising young Guardian you are, you and your mates decide to set out on an adventure to retrieve history’s lost artifact… because you’re sure beyond any shade of doubt no Hive Knight from here to Titan wouldn’t appreciate being run through with such a legendary blade.

PLOT 04: C1 was a headstrong Guardian who insisted on working alone. C2 was a soft-spoken, by the books sort Guardian who would never step out of line. Some might say they were polar opposites; oil and vinegar or fire and water. What was the Vanguard thinking by pairing them together? When their mission goes awry and the duo finds themselves stuck on the wrong side of the Vex Portal Network, they’ll have to learn to reconcile their differences if they have any hope of returning home.

PLOT 05: C1 is an expert sparrow racer who has risen to a modest degree of fame for their efforts on the track. C2 is a master machinist who hardly makes time to wipe the grease off their hands, but detests the ‘Art of Sparrow Racing’. Single-mindedly motivated after just missing the top place in the championship pedestal, C1 is bound and determined to convince C2 why they ought to build them the fastest racing sparrow the Tower has ever seen.

PLOT 06: C1 and C2 were lovers in their previous life. C1 remembers everything, but has to stand by and remain silent while C2 is none the wiser. For all their years as Guardians, C1 keeps a careful eye on C2 in hope that one day, they’ll remember anything C1 can use to help them remember everything. C1 is afraid to engage in anything more than pleasantries between casual friends for fear of ruining any chance they might have to get back together with C2 in their newly-found existences. Meanwhile and unbeknownst to C1, C2 is desperate to find out more about their past. C2 has vivid dreams about a simple life they once shared with C1 - but they hardly know each other, so how could any of it be true?

FINAL FANTASY X, X-2
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
PLOT 07: Set in advance of FFX, I’d love to explore Auron’s parents as a Summoner and Guardian who are unsuccessful in putting an end to Sin’s wrath. I would view Auron’s father as a man of the temple, the Summoner; probably something like a warrior monk. Auron’s mother would be some sort of mage with a connection of one sort or another back to the temple. It might be fun to explore Auron’s mother being ‘sentenced’ to Auron’s father’s pilgrimage or having some other sort of unfortunate event happen to cause her to be distrusting of the temples. Either way, this one would most definitely require more plotting - but it might be so worth it in the end.

ORIGINAL
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
PLOT 08: As the world works, each time you fall in love with someone, you give them a piece of your soul and each time someone falls in love with you, they give you a piece of theirs. Death means running out of soul to give. In theory, if you find yourself in a happy, loving relationship, you could sustain each other for eternity. In practice, there are only two immortal beings, C1 who has never fallen in love, and C2 who makes others fall in love with them to purposely extend their own life.

PLOT 09: C1 is the young heir to a powerful league of bandits who have kidnapped a beautiful noblewoman. Having never known a mother of their own, C1 steals away each night to the crude quarters of the beautiful prisoner and listens to the stories she will tell them. In exchange for the stories, C1 brings the noblewoman warm clothes, food, and, eventually, helps her to escape. Before she disappears into the night, the noblewoman promises C1 she will not forget them or their kindness, and one day her debt will be repaid. Now grown, C1 has adjusted to life in the bandit clan and has forgotten the noblewoman’s promise. Facing the harshest winter in decades, C1 seems to be the only member of the clan who is unaffected by the spreading sickness and cold - because all those years ago, it wasn’t any ordinary noblewoman C1 saved: it was the Ice Queen. (In this one, C2 could be the Ice Queen or any other original one who could fit into the storyline.)

PLOT 10: For lack of any better idea, two new parents decide to name the Norse God Loki as their child’s godfather. Loki, in a particularly troubling show of poor judgment, decides to take the job seriously. Or, at least as seriously as someone like Loki can. (I’d see this one played out between Loki and the godchild, but adding additional characters to the mix might be entertaining.)

PLOT 11: I'm interested in some serious hero/villain exploration where the villain falls in love with the hero and purposely loses to them all the time, while the hero is none the wiser. One day, while being arrested, the villain is forced to watch as the hero is challenged by a new villain - one they would stand no possible chance of besting. Together, the pair of them would need to team up to defeat the new evil, but the villain's feelings for the hero keep getting in the way. It would be especially interesting to explore areas where these characters could/would be morally gray. There's a lot you could do with this one.

PLOT 12: Vampire Coven. In this one, there would be two primary characters, C1 and C2, who, together, stand up and protect a small coven of vampires. At some point in knowing each other, C1 makes a difficult choice to save a young person by turning them into a vampire, C3. C1 takes C3 into their care and treats them like a sibling. But when C3 begins forming a friendly relationship with C2, C1 responds by smuggling C3 away to a new location. At some time in their new life together, C1 has to make another difficult choice and turn another young person into a vampire, C4, to save them. This time around, C1 is romantically attached to C4, but the circumstances of turning C4 have forced C1, C3, and C4 to return to C2 for help. This plot would focus primarily on what happens with four vampires after they 'come back' to the original coven.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back