• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MONO OOC

Characters
Here
Other
Here
effectively yes.

largely because I go on a... investigatory binge.

someone mentioned one of the three primas, in choosing Sulfur. But the four elements also have weight.. but then theres the seven planetary metals... the alchemical processes...

also the mundane elements, which Sulfur is ironically also attributed to.

Salt.

or maybe iron.

Salty iron.

The Iron age brought one of the greater empires of it's time, Rome. even though it.. had it's issues, it was a foundation for civilization.

Romans used many metals, asnd were interested in Alchemy during their time...

then theres this wierd business. Porta Alchemica - Wikipedia

I am spit balling trying to figure soemthing out.

I mean, I know you did a Rome-based character a little while ago, but I wouldn't be opposed to something like that again. Then again, the idea that I had was, don't think of anything before zero-ing in on one element/symbol so that I have enough info to go off of, and I'm not sulking around Wikipedia on other materials. So, you mention Sulfur, Salt, and Iron. You also said Sulfur was part of other materials. Perhaps work on one of those three?

For the character that's up, I used etymology of the word itself, historical uses, what it can do, how it's harmful, etc.

I mentioned sulfur because somebody else was useing it.

Salt, I use Salt, time to salt the earth

So, Salt! There we go. Wikipedia is a great resource, though for something like Salt, I'm pretty sure half of the internet is great resource.

So, Salt! There we go. Wikipedia is a great resource, though for something like Salt, I'm pretty sure half of the internet is great resource.
behold, the world's greatest salt mine.

league of Legends

and twitter.

Okay, but like, that's actually a very clever way to integrate the theme through a metaphor. Plus, it looks like internet and social media is going to become an ongoing theme, so that kinda fits in too!

I shall delver into the pile of salt and come out cured, longer lasting, and generally devoid of all water.

I shall delver into the pile of salt and come out cured, longer lasting, and generally devoid of all water.
Sounds like you know what you're onto, then. I'll leave you to it for now! And if you run into sprite trouble, I can always help with that.

Sounds like you know what you're onto, then. I'll leave you to it for now! And if you run into sprite trouble, I can always help with that.
I will always have sprite trouble.

most I can do is play with the doll creator, so, that may help get a base

I'll try to get a char up tonight or tomorrow, probs tomorrow.

Have this gal in a wheelchair I been tryin to use in these types of rps for an age now but not sure if I can link her to a Alchemy symbol just yet.

i'm certain theres a good way, iron has a place in our world as a means of accessing that which we normally cannot, it allows us to crush stone, make tools from the tools it's made of. it is the foundation of our modern world.

other metals are helpful, but I dare say none have come close to the greatness that iron has given us throughout the years.

Someone in a wheelchair, while circumstances are unfortunate, it is through the progress of iron, the aid it has given humanity, that allows us to not only live comfortable but help those with conditions in their lives to as well! .

I give thanks to iron.

Plus, iron is another word for guts, strength of will mind and body, to combat that which afflicts or faces against you!

i'm just tossing up ideas to a fellow players, take whatever you need from my ramblings, I just wax poetic abotu shit on occasion.

i'm certain theres a good way, iron has a place in our world as a means of accessing that which we normally cannot, it allows us to crush stone, make tools from the tools it's made of. it is the foundation of our modern world.

other metals are helpful, but I dare say none have come close to the greatness that iron has given us throughout the years.

Someone in a wheelchair, while circumstances are unfortunate, it is through the progress of iron, the aid it has given humanity, that allows us to not only live comfortable but help those with conditions in their lives to as well! .

I give thanks to iron.

Plus, iron is another word for guts, strength of will mind and body, to combat that which afflicts or faces against you!

i'm just tossing up ideas to a fellow players, take whatever you need from my ramblings, I just wax poetic abotu shit on occasion.

That is good imo, I'll get started on a cs today, though don't know if I will finish though

Ugh I can't find anything about the more spiritual definitions of the alchemical symbols except for mercury which is taken and antimony which due to it representing the wild/animalistic parts of human nature would probably result in (male) Anya 2.0 if I tried to use it

Ugh I can't find anything about the more spiritual definitions of the alchemical symbols except for mercury which is taken and antimony which due to it representing the wild/animalistic parts of human nature would probably result in (male) Anya 2.0 if I tried to use it
Hmmm, well you could go with one of the planetary metals and focus on the symbolism of those planets or the metal itself? Oh, and I know that a few mundane have a few more, spiritually meanings to them. Like arsenic represents transformation and was represented by swans and magnesium represents eternity. Then you could use less-alchemical associations for the rest of your character.

Also I don't think sulfur was taken? The current symbols people have chosen are mercury, salt, phosphorus and iron. 2 primes, 1 metal and 1 mundane

Here is a list with a bunch of symbols but so far I haven't gotten any ideas for a character

I kinda exploded on the iron analogy, so, i'll try it out on something else as well, to see if that helps folks.

Copper, tied to venus, while iron may be the foundation, it is the reason for our height in this modern age.

The new world gold, wire. Wire and it's ability to transfer energy and resist heat so well has made it a great tool for humanity's attempts to reach greater power in our world. It has gifted us with long range communication and learning that could never be possible in a world without it.

Venus is also tired to many a goddess as well, namely one Ishtar, who comes to my mind when Venus is mentioned. A goddess who had many attributes at a time when most gods only had one. A epitome of beauty who also held the greatest strength of war, gaining true worship as a diety of war after she subjugated an entire mountain spirit....

By driving her spear down from it's top to the bottom. All because it told her no, humph.

But not one does venus belong to an admittably kind of a spoiled brat of a goddess named Ishtar, but Queztalcoatal also claims it as their planet as well!

Uhhh... thats what I got for copper, something else...

Hmmm, well you could go with one of the planetary metals and focus on the symbolism of those planets or the metal itself? Oh, and I know that a few mundane have a few more, spiritually meanings to them. Like arsenic represents transformation and was represented by swans and magnesium represents eternity. Then you could use less-alchemical associations for the rest of your character.

Also I don't think sulfur was taken? The current symbols people have chosen are mercury, salt, phosphorus and iron. 2 primes, 1 metal and 1 mundane

keep in mind, Venchi, that even if a character has the sam story beats as a previous one of yours, you can twist the narrative to make them new and improved!

and regarding what GK and Ori said, Copper/Venus and Sulfur could both be good options! The mundane/planetary aspect won’t be even either way, so you shouldn’t have to worry about that

What they are utilized for, what can be done with it, what does it mean in the zodiac, where is it commonly found, is it edible, who used it, what does it represent in an alchemical sense, what does the symbol kinda look like.

Just somequestions i'm tossing up to try and wriggle more meaning and avenues for thought.

keep in mind, Venchi, that even if a character has the sam story beats as a previous one of yours, you can twist the narrative to make them new and improved!

I know that and if Anya was my character I would have no issue making a character like her in a similar setting but the issue is that she was made by AiDEE-c0 for a different homestuck rp.

I know that and if Anya was my character I would have no issue making a character like her in a similar setting but the issue is that she was made by AiDEE-c0 for a different homestuck rp.
Ah, okay, I didn't know about that, sorry.

Ah, okay, I didn't know about that, sorry.

I could have been more clear about that, though given that the references to the associated symbol can be more subtle/less direct than I was thinking I should be able to come up with something

Okay, I went ahead and posted a thing.

Lemme know if I need to do any edits and I'll get on that when I can

Users who are viewing this thread

Back