• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MONO OOC

Characters
Here
Other
Here
So is the demon catching like Pokemon where they end up in your party or is it more bounty based where you get money for them? The first one is the most likely but given how much Homestuck likes to mess with things.....

So is the demon catching like Pokemon where they end up in your party or is it more bounty based where you get money for them? The first one is the most likely but given how much Homestuck likes to mess with things.....
Ah, yes. I can’t completely answer that because the concept is central to the main plot, so I’ll say this: Almost every spirits ‘capture’ will be completely unique in of itself,

Demons...

The goetic 72 demons of the ars goetia would be a decent theme to pull, though... my pulling a character based on Solomon would be... inter3sting.

Demons...

The goetic 72 demons of the ars goetia would be a decent theme to pull, though... my pulling a character based on Solomon would be... inter3sting.

Would make for a good theme but here is what I know the ars goetia and Solomon. The ars goetia exists and has something with demons, Solomon is a wise king from the bible and the maincharatcer of the cut the baby in half story. He also has some kinda legendary lost mine named after him

Would make for a good theme but here is what I know the ars goetia and Solomon. The ars goetia exists and has something with demons, Solomon is a wise king from the bible and the maincharatcer of the cut the baby in half story. He also has some kinda legendary lost mine named after him
Well, effectively the Ars geotia is a list and compendium of 72 demons, you'd recognize a handful of these from games or just common literature.

The Ars Goetia denotes how to actively summon them, procedures to do so, what to do to ensure your protection and, what the demons actually could do for you.

Shockingly, alot of them are math nerds.

If you guys need help, go to the Shin Megami Tensei Wikia and look the Goetia Mythos, they have good summaries of a few of the demons there.

Well, effectively the Ars geotia is a list and compendium of 72 demons, you'd recognize a handful of these from games or just common literature.

The Ars Goetia denotes how to actively summon them, procedures to do so, what to do to ensure your protection and, what the demons actually could do for you.

Shockingly, alot of them are math nerds.
Though I’m sure there are better sources that aren’t diluted JRPGs

And if you guys don’t like the Goetia idea, maybe Alchemy symbols or something? Although that might be too close to the original material

would be nice seeing input folks, lest this go the way of the ghost like many other HS rps that have folks give itnerest and then disappear without another word.

No offence meant, butif yea put your hat in the ring, yer gonna have to fight to get it out at least.

I think the goetia idea is cool, but I also think a smaller group of themes to work with would be better. Just more cohesive, and less things to choose from bc 72 is a lot of demons to base characters off of. Also the alchemical symbols sounds like an interesting idea and not to similar to canon themes (depending on what symbols we choose)

I know in one RP a character was based on a very rare type of iron sulfide, and he was pretty interesting

i don't mind alchemy as a theme.

If anyone’s interested, Wikipedia has a lot of them on there, as well as all the articles, obviously, for each one

Oh, I should also mention that for the RP, I myself am creating a character (though of course it won't be as main-stream as the four of yours). So, if we're going with alchemy, how does the symbol of Mercury sound for this NPC? If someone didn't want to take it, that is.

Oo, yeah Mercury sounds like a theme for the npc. And I was going to go with Phosphorus anyway (provided no one else had their eye on it)

Aaaand he's done! As a catalyst character, I couldn't give as much detail as your other characters will have, but I hope that's alright!

So, at this point, I'd like to assume that we can start looking at definite signs/symbols themes for characters and plotting them up? Pretty excited to see what you guys have been thinking about!

Hah, look at that NERD who likes NERD stuff

Hah, look at that NERD who likes NERD stuff
that's sweet, coming from the guy who was obsessed with a god that looked like a bedsheet

Also, I can help with sprite-work for anyone who needs it!

that's sweet, coming from the guy who was obsessed with a god that looked like a bedsheet

Also, I can help with sprite-work for anyone who needs it!
medjed is best god don't you diss Medjed.

also no idea what to do for alchemical themeatics.

I gotta think more on it all... and continue to hope this wont end up going ghost..

medjed is best god don't you diss Medjed.

also no idea what to do for alchemical themeatics.

I gotta think more on it all... and continue to hope this wont end up going ghost..
I'm sure it won't! But remember, you can lean as far in or out of the symbol if you choose one as you like, don't worry. It won't impact the narrative as heavily as our source material had it go.

Unless choosing one symbol is the problem you've run into...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back