• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MONO OOC

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Just realized that the thread title sounds like I'm yelling at you, which is appropriate I suppose.

This is the OOC! I can answer some questions since a few people sound a bit confused, but I should have the CS done soon.

Nice to see you again, Ori

Or rather, nice to have time to do stuff like this again at all, I suppose

Actually pretty happy people were somewhat interested in MONO, it's been sitting in my head for a while and I finally finalized aspects to make this.

Of course, if you understand what I mean by that, which of course I didn't elaborate on.

I've been in a few RPs where characters have dualities, or a shared interest, or are based on a theme or concept. I'm not saying we should do this, but I'd like to get the Players' opinion on this so I can know how to structure thematic elements of the story in that general direction for the Players.

smooth brain says Dyrrruuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhh

I can adhere to a theme, I like my freedom, but still

Yeah, I was already on the path to having a free-range CS setup, and I have a feeling that others may agree with you, but I'll let the others have a say as well

I mean, the HS cast would usually have a specific number of themes that made up the basis for their character traits. Since this is sort've based on HS as well, then it wouldn't even be unexpected for the cast we create to have some as well.

I was under the impression it was standard in HS rps

Oh, is it normally? I suppose it could be, but for a majority of the ones I've been in, it's been pretty localized.

Looks like we've some differing opinions! Let's see what the others have to say, and we can make a final verdict.

Hey Ori, if the majority does agree on doing themes, would you be okay with that?

Ooo, centrals themes sound fun, but what theme would we do? seasons? suits? apocalyptic horsemen? cardinal directions? elements? Or maybe something else?

Hey Ori, if the majority does agree on doing themes, would you be okay with that?
its fine by me, I can work with whatever, as long as I have the freedom to do with what i wish with the theme.

I'm sure that won't be a problem!

Then, I suppose you guys could think of a theme to go with? I believe temperaments and elements were done with the original HS kids, but stuff like Horseman, Playing Cards, etc. could work.

I would love something more unconventional than something simple.

horsemen, as mentioned can be a mass of many different things.

from a knight atop a horse, to the horse archers of mongolia, to the god damned Wyld Hunt.

I take that as an example, my mind wanders with thematics.

Speaking of knights, maybe chess could be a viable option? The game and pieces have a TON of history, symbolism, and many meanings from many different cultures.

oir perhaps boardgames in general?

That would be interesting! It could certainly go in many different directions.

course, choosing one theme is fun, adding another turns it from simple, into scientific scifi jargon.

Oh? Two themes would definitely make it vary. What would be an example of that?

well, my head ain't connecting the dots at the moment, but I do know if can get extremely jank if things don't mesh well, but at the same time certain things that seem opposite can work as they sort of balance out the believability* teetertoter.

*meaning you can imagine it rather than "no that doesn't seem right."

Hm... I dunno, it might be a bit too complicated. Perhaps sticking with one would be better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back