• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MHA: Shiketsu Academia (SA) IC

Characters
Here
Other
Here

cooltext291617753851738.png

tumblr_os44xglFRl1qe959eo1_500.jpgJono smirked as Johanna explained her position. After Mikado stopped talking, Jono had waited to see what Johanna's response was. After all, it was her nose, not his. Mikado asked why they should follow it, Jono had given that answer before she had even asked. She mentioned the obvious by explaining that they were supposed to find the hostage but that wasn’t entirely the case either, as they were being scored on other things aside from that. She spoke for Johanna, which was laughable at best. Looking over at Mikado, Jono shrugged.

“I’d question if you’re actually as stupid as you look, but just by opening your mouth for those few sentences I see that you’ve already answered that for me. Thanks for the insight. Say, do you figure Panko isn’t actually a hostage?”

He offered a small smile, extending two fingers up in the air nonchalantly. Mikado had been outnumbered, and either forced to put her tail between her legs or go out alone. Either way, Jono could care less. He was going to follow the route he believed would best suit them. It wasn’t just ‘Johanna smelled dead flesh’; she knew everything that came with the hunt, the entire process, other smells and senses in the area that would properly indicate if it was staged and not. There was significance in that process. Either way, the group was aimlessly walking trying to find Bang and Panko. If they followed the trail to the kill, what the hell did they have to lose? Her thought process was skewed.

They didn’t have all day to mull over the correct decision. Jono was uninterested in entertaining notions not rooted in logic. Such as he was normally, only in this particular case, it was eating at his precious time. Other teams, in the time they had spent deciding what to do, were gaining an advantage by them not pushing forward as quickly as possible. It was one thing to make an informed decision and another to go against rationale due to pride.

“So, let me get this straight. It seems like a fresh kill with no decomposition. Which means, there would be either a fox or a bear nearby, probably eating. There’s no trace of those animals at the scene. We know there are going to be obstacles throughout the forest and our only indication of where to possibly move forward is Johanna’s nose. So we should ignore it? Yeah, I’m going to follow that over you, Mikado. No offense. So either come with or don’t. If we get trapped, we'll find a way out. C’est la vie.”

Jono did not doubt for a moment that the group would hit suspicious areas either at the scene of the kill or on the way. The teen was expecting it. Izanami would take any chance she got to throw them off. While it was completely impossible to tell for sure whether or not the scent provided a trap, Jono could be almost positive there would be something further to look out for. Now, whether that trap posed as a hard decision or a physical threat was yet to be seen. Here, it was obvious which of the two was in play.

Whereas Jono was anxious on the bus, the feeling had completely diminished. With his mind busy, the teen did not bother having to fight an invisible beast that preyed on his insecurities.

Xel Xel AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami Idea Idea

Last edited:
Jasmine Setsuki (Team Two)

5b658c48796ebaf175c479981ce1b8bf.jpg
“I’m fine.” Jasmine replied.

She dropped the stick when it was clear that nothing was happening to the leaves pinned to the floor—even though their wind resistance was clearly unnatural. Two possibilities. The leaves weren’t actually a trap and were simply placed there as a decoy. Or Jasmine’s prodding strength wasn’t enough to activate the trap. Either way, Jasmine agreed with Akane’s assessment that getting off the ground was the safest option—especially if the traps couldn’t be identified. Re-grouping wasn’t a bad idea either since their party wasn’t at full strength at the moment.

Nodding at Akane’s suggestion, it wasn’t long before Jasmine found herself sitting atop one of the branches, munching on samples of vegetation she’d collected from the surrounding area. As she did, the same greenery grew from her hair. Better to blend in with. Somewhat. Waiting and hiding while her mandrakes fought was how she operated anyway. Out in the open she was only a vulnerability to her mandrakes. That was how simply how her quirk worked.

Whether the teachers could grade her for standing back and doing nothing wasn’t a concern to her. Nor rankings. She would simply treat the pre-assessment as a real hostage scenario and act in a manner she deemed appropriate. That was all there was to it.

Jasmine glanced over in the direction Akane had hidden, wondering how much power he’d obtained from the wind. Wind generated a lot of kinetic energy. Kinetic energy was the force required in motion after all. And wind moved a lot. The boy said he ‘got kinetic energy from hits’ so Jasmine imagined direct contact with the object in motion was required. However, the breeze was constantly ‘hitting’ him, since they’d entered this forest (apparently), but his eyes didn’t always take the shade of lilac. That meant he had control over when his quirk activated and was likely limited to the amount of force he could absorb.

Jasmine was also limited in the amount of mandrakes she could make. She only had 4 seeds with her. She could only maintain one at a time. If she wanted more seeds, she’d have to make more. Good thing forests were full of life. She also had a teammate with her who had plenty of DNA to spare. Though, whether the mandrake ended weak, average, or strong was an unknown factor that she would only know once the first symptoms of excessive vitality loss began. The problem with making mandrakes on the fly was that she didn’t know its potential or how to best maximize its uses. She could only force its germination and hope for the best.

“I’m baaaaack!”

Startled, Jasmine swiveled around as her mandrake shot through the leaves of her tree and straight into her arms. Sometimes the mandrakes took on bits of the personality written in the genetic code that made them. Harata-kun had always been an affectionate individual, Jasmine mused as her mandrake licked her, its tail wagging in delight. Though, Jasmine was fairly certain their affection and protectiveness of her had to do with the fact she was their ‘mother’ and their source of vitality as well.

Jasmine glanced at her phone. Eight minutes since it had been created. Faster than she’d expected. “Did you find anything?”

“Lots and lots of obstacles, ruff! With how windy it is, it’s pretty much impossible to find the sounds you were describing. Hard to fly around as well.”

Jasmine sighed. She’d thought as much. Assuming her mandrake couldn't find Bang, the alternative was to wait for someone that could. Or search randomly.

Putting it’s hand over its mouth, the mandrake sniggered before continuing “But I still found ‘em, ruff!"

Jasmine blinked.

"You described Bang as an old man. So a flew around sniffing for the scent of an old, decaying human, ruff!”

“The scent of nonenal…clever.”

Her mandrake puffed up at the praise. “Lemme tell you, it wasn’t easy. With the wind, scents go this way. Scents go that way. I even caught a whiff of rabbit’s blood on the way here. Took a while to find a solid trail.”

“Did you notice Yuu while you were searching?” Jasmine wondered if her teammate finished setting his traps.

“Who?”

“One of my classmates.”

“I caught a whiff of a lot of humans entering the forest, ruff! You’ll have to be more specific.”

“He has green hair…”

Just as she said this, Jasmine caught sight of the scattering of birds and wooden enclosure emerging from the treetops in the distance. Four stories…at least. Jasmine stared. She glanced down at the pile of leaves pinned to the ground before looking back up. If the traps set up were anything like that, it was a good thing she hadn’t activated them.

“…”

The mandrake’s hand shot up. “I can check it out, ruff!”

“Before you do, I need you to draw me a map of the trail you took.” Jasmine held her notebook out to the mandrake. Once the rough sketch was finished, Jasmine snapped a picture on her phone then sent Akane the image via text. Insurance in the event that they somehow ended up separated. Her mandrake had seven more minutes to live, if it wasn’t killed before then. No. Five now. It had finished its task. Therefore, Jasmine didn’t mind letting it do what it wanted.

Ripping the map from her notebook, Jasmine wrote her number on it before folding it and giving it to the mandrake to carry. “Also, if you run into a green haired boy along the way please give this to him and let him know we’re waiting for him.”

Despite what she’d said about speed being a factor in the exam, Jasmine had always been a rather patient and thorough individual. Whether they regrouped to plow through the obstacles together or decided to rendezvous at wherever Bang hid…hadn’t been decided yet. The advantage of going first was that they got a head start compared to the other teams. The disadvantage was less time to plan. Given the time, it was likely two other teams would’ve already entered the forest. She had no idea which team. Perhaps Katherine or Yasu were in one of them.

Teal eyes flickered to the enclosure. It was most likely meant to delay her classmates rather than seriously harm them. Probably. A hero would jump in at the first indication that someone might be in danger.

Jasmine didn’t consider herself a hero.

“…What do you think, Tsukino-san?”

rennuelaw rennuelaw
AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami
takki takki

(mentioned Idea Idea , Oslonaut Oslonaut )

Last edited:
MIKADO SARISClassroom
kalter.png
"They wouldn't set an obvious trap with no reward?" She repeated the dog girl's statement, an incredulous look plastered on her face. "And, like, how the hell would you know? You've been here two days. Don't, like, act like you know anything about the teachers. They're probably just trying to see who's dumb enough to walk towards ACTUAL bait. Maybe a dog can't resist the smell, but you sure should be able to!" She pointed accusedly at the nerd. Nerds were suppose to be smart, walking into what they knew was a trap was probably the dumbest thing she'd heard all week. The mention of the predators no longer being around drew her focus back to the dog, her brow furrowing at what should have been so obvious. "So there's no predators nearby which means it's even more obviously a trap. And what do you totally wanna do? Spring the trap of course!" She threw her arms up at the last part. Why'd she have to get saddled with such self-destructive people. "Maybe if you put that nose of yours to work tracking down our teachers instead of lusting after dead rabbit we might be able to find them without triggering obvious traps."

The nerd decided to finally join the fray, insulting her intelligence before posing some random question. She scowled at the boy, the hypocrisy of questioning her intelligence when he wanted to charge into a known trap was so pathetic. "There's, like, a fresh kill with no predators nearby and we know there'll be obstacles in the woods. Yeah, we should ignore such a obvious bait. It's like you never go online or something." Her frustrated bout of anger was quickly subsiding, it was obvious these two were hellbent on going forward. With an agitated sigh she threw her arms up defeatedly. "Alright, whatever, you win. You guys wanna take such obvious bait then I wont stop ya." She walked over to a nearby tree, leaning back against it as she folded her arms under her chest and closed her eyes. After only a second she opened her right eye, looking at the two with an almost disinterested look. "I'll be right here to bail you out. So have fun." Time they spent dealing with this nonsense could be spent actually searching for their teachers. But hey, if they wanted to go on a detour like this then whatever. She'd just have to carry them to victory after their actions put them behind every other team. Wouldn't be the first time she had to do something like that, and judging by these two it probably wouldn't be the last.

Forest
Interaction: Brax Brax (John) AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami (Johan)​

Arietty
935606-anime-girls-bare-shoulders-blue-hair-blush-cherry-blossoms-closed-eyes-dress-flower-petals-hatsune-miku-long-hair-smiling-soft-shading-string-twintails-vocaloid-white-dress.jpg
Kath had a pretty awesome quirk, and learning about it made her comments about cheating the day before make a lot more sense. The girl was fierce, had a cool quirk, and was friendly to boot. What she felt like she had to be embarrassed for was beyond her. For her small stature the girl was a total badass, and Ari couldn’t help but to look up to her a little in admiration.

Arietty agreed with her friend when she mentioned that it would be a bad idea to fight Bang. Not a single one of them could really win against him head on, they needed to be smart about it, she might be able to disable him with her quirk if she was able to get close enough, and if she was brave enough to use it properly. She had never in her life used it of her own free will.

“We have to be smart about Bang,” she echoed her thoughts. “Our first focus should be getting through all the traps that have been set for us by Dark Side first. I think that slow and careful is going to win this race.” the blue hair girl said helpfully. Kath seemed hesitant about something, and asked her to come off to the side to talk to her while Felix looked for their remaining team member.

“What’s up doc?” Ari asked as they got away from Felix and the crowd. She was so embarrassed and looked on the verge of tears. Ari’s heart went out to her, this being mistaken for a kid thing REALLY got to her. Ari did her best to just be reassuring when she asked about picking her up.

“I’m sure I could, but only if you are comfortable. We can try it if you want.” Ari didn’t want to do anything to make Kath uncomfortable, she had already done that a few times to her, first with the stockings and with her nickname. Ari knew Kath had nothing to be ashamed of, but it didn’t magically make her feel the same way.

Ari was able to pretty easily lift the girl and she sat her down as nonchalantly as possible, away from prying eyes.

“Yeah I can lift you,” she confirmed. “It shouldn’t be an issue to lift you telepathically then. We can use that to our advantage if it calls for it. Not many people know about my telekinesis. Just you and Felix and Jono.” Arietty was anxious to get started and was feeling very confident in their team. They had a lot of wild cards. At the bare minimum things were going to be interesting.

Interactions: Castello Castello (Felix) Idea Idea (Kath)
Mentions: Brax Brax (Jono)

superthumb_edit.png
Sonic Boom

He got her text as soon as he pulled up in front of a strange looking building. The building seemed to have the aesthetic of an abandoned warehouse, but there were people sitting and standing in front of what appeared to be a storefront for a cafe. On the front door of the building was a logo of a guitar with mug pouring coffee on an amp. That same logo was above the storefront glowing in red neon. The sound of loud punk rock could be heard screeching not only from the inside but it was speakers on the outside, though the music on the outside was nowhere near the volume of inside. The people who were standing around seemed to all don the punk rebel look. It hardly seemed like a place that Kazuma would visit. Perhaps it was for villain scouting.

He glanced down at his phone and slid open his phone's lock screen typing back,"Same. Black dress, yeah?" He slid the phone into his pocket before looking up, and handing out some money to his driver,"Get you some breakfast. I'll meet you at the office." with that the door opened and he looked at the other two,"Same for you two too, get you some food, we'll meet back at the office before the meeting. This isn't the scene for big dudes in black suits. Even if you have some capable quirks."

The men didn't bother with a rebuttal, they knew at the end of the day the hero before them would get his way. It was the nature of his position of authority. The man moved from the vehicle as the suited individuals around him closed the door behind him and the car pulled off. He looked down at his clothes and sighed a bit,"Well, at least I'm not looking like a spook as I go in here. Still probably completely out of place." He moved to the door catching glances from a few of the outside patrons but relatively going unnoticed when he finally made it inside. He cruised his way to the Barista up front, some young lady who wore a gas mask and body seemed to have a slight glow of blue surrounding her.

"What's up man, what will it be?" she questioned but Kazuma was unsure if it was a smile or not hidden behind that mask. Perhaps her quirk had something to do with Neon? Maybe too much oxygen or something reacted improperly with her quirk? It'd at least explain the glow.

So he offered her a smile, reaching into his pocket for some money,"Let me get a Caramel Machiatto, for Ebisu. And for myself..." he said trailing off, he could hear Ebisu's voice in his head DONT BE SO BORING ,"Just a cup of Americano..thanks." YOU'RE SO FUCKING BORING. The barista sort of tilted her head when he ordered for a separate person, but figured he was waiting on someone. Before she could say the price, he dropped the exact amount for the drinks, and stuffed 22,000 YEN (about 200 USD) into the tip jar, before moving away. It wasn't actually long until the glowing girl had served him up, and he picked up the two drinks. A slow walk to the only empty table in the cafe, and he set the machiatto on one side, and he sat on the other,"This music is still insufferable." he mentioned, commenting on the loud punk rock that was blasting in the cafe.

He rose the mug to his lips as he took a sip, before glancing at the other side of the table. Ebisu was sitting there with a smirk on his face,"You know you're fucking boring right?" he said before bringing his drink to his lips.

Kazuma only rolled his eyes,"You're not going to insult me when the compromise was coming to this shit for an excuse of an establishment. Everyone in here looks like they would show up with a rap sheet."

Ebisu scoffed,"I swear to God Kazzy boy, if you run their names I might punch you in the throat." he chuckled before sitting back in the chair, rocking it back and forth like he was nervous. He looked down at the table and could feel his friend's eyes burning through his head, so he looked up,"Alright, you don't have to laser eyes me to death. I asked Ally to marry me, and I wanted you to be the best man."

Kazuma stared at him for a minute, a piece of him breaking and yet another piece of him fortifying. He had feelings for her, but he would never have the chance to explore them anyways. Besides, his duty as his friend was first, so he took out a deep breath,"You're shit at asking properly. I'll be your Best Man, but I have demands...."

Ebisu's image faded away as Kazuma's daydream of history was interrupted by three men and a lady, all tough and rough bunch looking dudes with spikes and piercings, and colored hair and tats. They moved to the table, and one of the dudes chuckled menacingly,"So you think someone like YOU, can just come in here and sit here?"

He looked at the other two around him, before smiling,"And not think we'd take pictures? Dude you're Sonic Boom, you're like my favorite hero...." Kazuma could only chuckle softly, before a little louder before wiping his eye from a tear,"Yeah, sure. That's fine...Let's get the pictures going."

Mentions: Maj Maj Calypso IN THE PAST

[class=img]
float:right;
display:inline-lock;
[/class]
[class=img1]
[/class]
[class=1word]
color:lightblue
[/class]
[class=imgtongue]
[/class]
[class=tongueword]
color:lightblue;
display: inline-block;
[/class]
[class=imgcry]
[/class]
[class=cryword]
[/class]

[class=Pic1] float:left; border-radius:75%; overflow:hidden; border:7px solid #b3b3ff; height:150px; width:150px; [/class] [class=Space] White-space:pre; text-align:center; [/class] [class=PC] [/class]

[div class=PC]
[div class=Pic1]IMG_1655.PNG[/div] [div class=Space][div class=Modename1]~Slimebender~[/div] Panko Amenouta[/div]

[div class="img img1"]IMG_1654.JPG[/div][div class="img imgtongue" style="display:none"]View attachment 448660[/div][div class="img imgcry" style="display:none"]View attachment 447931[/div]
GM POST

"Thanks!" I grinned at Master, eager to check on the students with my drones. Having missed the previous hero course class (and of course having to miss many more because the classes I taught were roughly at the same time), this provided a nice opportunity to get a view of what the students were going to do. Well, one that didn't involve getting directly involved at least, like having to pretend to be a hostage. Till when would I have to act, and to what extent? Darky-chan wasn't really clear on that.

I spent a few minutes cracking swapping around some stuff inside the phone until I finally had the correct areangement of the parts. I close the device, and grinned again as the screen turned on to show several video feeds.

"Master, it's on, we're connected! Which group shall we observe first? Oh, this one looks fun!" It was a group consisting of one of the girl's who defied Bang this morning, this adorable wolf girl and a certain plain-seeming skinny boy who was in reality someone I had my eye on, mostly out of curiosity about their life choices. WHat kind of traps would Darky-chan have set for them?

The truth became quite clear as the group's movement set the first one. Unknowst to her, almost all around them were small wires without a scent, hidden in the grass. These would easily brake with the lighest push, triggering the small mounds that surrounded them to burst open as their real content was pulled out of them: powerful magnets up until then hindered by the ground. Immediately the magnets pulled away Joni's gadgets. The students themselves were fine, unless any of them was downright attached to something thick piece of metal, in which case they would have flung along with the object to the stimulated magnet.

There was nothing that could be done with the magnets themselves. They were too resilient to break, and the pull too strong to take out the gadgets out without breaking them. Yet, even though the magnets had them practically surrounded, they didn't go that for off. Certainly not as far as a certain scent.

Interacting with: Brax Brax
Mentions: Xel Xel Brax Brax AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami

[/div]

[script class=tongueword on=mouseenter]
hide img
show imgtongue
[/script]
[script class=cryword on=mouseenter]
hide img
show imgcry
[/script]
[script class=img on=mouseleave]
hide img
show img1
[/script]

Calypso
ba5ceae7198dd0e950959cbf34f337f9fc050e0a_hq.jpg
Calypso had maned her station like a good soldier. Watching as each of the children went into the forest to begin their tests. There was so much potential in this class. She was impressed on the variety and underlying power each of these kids had. Not all of them would make it to pro hero status. In fact, very few of them probably would. Secretly Calypso was happy for that. It was a brutal world out there as a public figure.

----------------------------------------Flashback

Her shriek carried loud through the alleyway, bringing the hoard of men to their knees. Even as a pro hero Calypso had not been very combat heavy. In fact she often disabled enemies for other heros and healed them when they got hurt. This time however, she was alone and cornered.

As the men covered their ears, Calypso wasted no time. She immediately hoisted herself up onto a fire escape, and began to climb away from her attackers. It didn’t take them long to try to follow her. She wasn’t going to be able to outrun them, she could keep screaming, but eventually she would just cause these guys to go deaf. Ebisu was busy fighting someone across town, she had been on her way to see him when these assholes had found her.

“Boys,” she said playfully, buying time. “What is your hurry? Don’t you want to take things slow?” the men kept slowly trying to approach her and Calypso sighed.

“I always find the men who want to finish in a hurry.” Her tone was light and teasing but her mind was racing. This could be really bad. Calypso didn’t know how to fight, she was really the type of person to dodge and evade. She stayed back out of the way, and now she was like a nightingale in a cage. How long could she keep this up?

She began to sing a ballad, slow and sweet. It wouldn’t work for long, but it would buy her some more time. The spell of the song took over and the looks on the faces of her pursuers glazed over as they became entranced and calmed. They still moved for her, but slower now and more dazed.

As she was about to give up home she felt the change in the winds. Help was on it’s way, she looked up and saw Sonic Boom dropping in from above. He dropped down on the man closest to Calypso with a kick, taking him to the ground. The siren watched in awe as the the man took out the rest of the crew in hand to hand combat. Kazuma was highly trained and highly lethal and Allison was highly grateful for his assistance.

“Where is your fiance?” Kazuma asked when they men laid at their feet unconscious. Allison let out a small laugh.

“Across town, saving the day. Looks like you saved mine,” she said in her normally flirty tone.

“Are you always this much trouble?” Sonic Boom asked her with a small smile.

“I just like to make it easy for you to swoop in and show off,” Calypso responded with her hands on her hips. The blue eyed american pushed some of her hair out of her face and her voice shifted to a more serious tone.

“Seriously, thank you. Come to dinner tonight with me and Ebisu,” she suggested. “Let me thank you properly.” He gave her some excuse about not needing to be thanked and Calypso rolled her eyes.

“Well you know where we will be if you change your mind,” she said with a wave, hurrying off to join her love. Little did they know that would be the last dinner she would ever have with Ebisu.

-----------------------------End flashback

The small bell sound on her phone brought her back to reality. Calypso looked down and saw the message from Kaz. A warm smile spread across her entire face.

Why? Are you already picturing it?

Calypso quickly sent Kaz a response text. She put her phone away just in time to hear the message on the walkietalkie that the next team was ready to go. Calypso addressed the class in her loud voice.

“Team 5! It is now your turn to start. Be careful now!”

Interactions: AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami (Sonic Boom) Oslonaut Oslonaut (Yasu) _Line 213 _Line 213 (Max) Blackvelvet Blackvelvet

Last edited:
"Ahaha... The Powers That Be?" Hideka, very exaggeratedly, set a hand to her chin and began to nod. "A noble cause, to be sure. They and I find only conflict in fate's weave, but I hold no contempt for one such as you who works in their name. Their intents are, after all, noble are they not?" Good. That was good. Hideka herself wasn't quite sure what half of what she had just said actually meant, but it certainly had a nice ring to it, didn't it?

"My own Quirk, since you've deigned to ask, is not one that dwells within like light like that of Miss Hana's..." Her arms spreading into an impossible to decipher pose, HIdeka's rightmost horn receded into her skull as she spread a thin casing of bone across her outstretched hands. "...Mine is that of a curse bestowed by the Infernal Beings for my meddling. You see, she bones of mine are able to take holy energy and convert it to dark power that emboldens this body of mine. Fearsome, I know, but..." One of her hands, left idle after assuming its pose, shot to her chest and clutched at her heart. "The I.B, they enjoy to behold my suffering, and sap this dark power from my body when I am struck in this vulnerable flesh of mine. Sad, is it not?"

Wow. That was definitely going in the diary.

L LeeRoy
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Refaulted Refaulted

b9cd573362045e0e401eb0f3af2614d3--anime-guys-manga-anime.jpgPatience wasn’t Jono’s strongest suit. Not by a long shot. Light hues turned to Johanna before Jono began walking off from Mikado without another word. Jono never relied on anybody getting him out of sticky situations previously; this was not going to change. The teen didn’t need to maintain a safety net in the form of a small girl with a big head. Especially one that he didn’t know.

As Johanna and Jono walked forward, the next obstacle tripped. First, the teen's headphones flew from around his neck. Jono’s self-made EMP was lost; with it went his grappling hook. His belt was made out of leather, so these items just flung from their appropriate holsters. Given their size, they were far too big to actually stash away. The smoke pellets on him were not made of metal so they were fine, but the tugging at his feet certainly would prove to be quite the nuisance.

The magnets had eventually impeded Jono’s steps. He couldn’t move his feet. Looking down below him in horror, Jono stood motionless. Then his feet slid through the dirt toward one of the magnets. The teen should have been more cautious; he had no idea that his teachers would be one step ahead of him. Even Jono’s cellular phone flung from his sweatshirt pocket and stuck to the magnet. Jono would have to part with far too many gadgets in order to keep going.

But it would have to be the sacrifice he made. In the future, he would take note to not rely so much on the material; but it made up a lot of his inventory. Jono bent over and unhinged the mechanism that gave his boots the ability to fly. He removed leather boots from underneath and walked off from the magnet, looking back at all of the shit he had lost.

Jono’s ability to pass this test with flying colors just reduced drastically within an instant. He lost a large portion of what he had to bring to the table as far as the rescue went. Without those gadgets, Jono was literally an average joe without a quirk walking around pretending to be a hero with kids who actually deserved it.

It wasn’t time to give up yet.

He had to keep going forward no matter the cost. As a hero, in this situation, what other option would he have? The objective was the only primary focus and if it meant giving up his weaponry in order to reach his goal, so be it. Not even Jono’s creations could stop him from getting past Bang and to Panko. It wasn’t so much that Jono was surprised that a trap was waiting for them on the way to the scene of the scent. However, Jono was surprised at the fact that the trap was specifically designed to strip him of whatever gadgets he had on him.

Bang and Dark Side knew that this would heavily impede him. Though, it did not stop him from moving forward. They were watching; curious as to how he would handle himself without his devices. He was not going to break down or visibly show off his disposition. Rather, he turned to look over at Johanna with a blank expression on his face.

“Well, that happened. Now we definitely need to keep an eye out for further traps. Let’s keep on moving.”

God forbid Jono got stuck in a fucking hole. Those boots were his answer to any situation they got stuck in, but even he didn’t think that magnets would be used to strip him of the only edge he had. Sure to pay more attention to his surroundings, Jono continued walking forward - following Johanna.

Xel Xel AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami Idea Idea

Last edited:
Akane - Team Two

848e592cf62fcd066bd296fc122be9f5.jpg

Akane hummed as he sat on a branch a bit higher up than Jasmine, eyes still lilac as he observed the greenery growing from the girl's hair in curiosity. He did find her quirk, she could make life just like that. It reminded him of mother nature in a way. Choosing to stay silent, he looked down at his hands in thought. Considering how strong that wind was he did get a somewhat decent power up not much though. Returning his eyes to their surroundings, he thought about their current situation. As of now, they hadn't exactly done that much and while they didn't need to get the hostage to get points he was pretty sure just sitting here and doing nothing wasn't going to get them any either. He, however, understood the importance of teamwork and that they would need their full numbers if they were to have a shot at succeeding. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something moving in the trees and heard a shout of "I'm baaaaaaaaaack" which made him get ready to lunge before he realized it was simply Jasmine's mandrake causing him to visibly relax and unclench his fists.

Jumping down onto the branch Jasmine was sitting on with her mandrake, he sat as well and crossed his arms. Listening to the creature talk, he nodded along before he noticed the large enclosure raising above the trees. Cocking his head a bit and raising an eyebrow, a perfect 'What the F' expression appeared on his face. At Jasmine's question, he looked thoughtful for a moment.

"It appeared in the direction that Yuuta went so it might be him. Say we go help him, we still don't know where he set the traps so we need him."

Interactions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Mentions: takki takki

Jasmine nodded. It was certainly true that Yuuta had headed in that general direction. She had meant to have her mandrake check it out, so they wouldn’t have to, but she doubted her weak one was comparable to Akane in strength. Who knew what sort of danger Yuuta was in? Jasmine didn’t think it was safe to approach danger without knowing what it was exactly, but not going with Akane was even less safe. Besides, convincing Akane not to go and let her mandrake do it wasted far too much energy.

Dropping from the tree, Jasmine approached a nearby trunk, fingers tracing the claw markings. Originally she thought they had entered the territory of some beast—one that could create gusts of wind and had sharp claws. However, the more she thought about it, the more fantastical her theory sounded. Surely the teachers wouldn’t send a carnivorous creatures after students who were just starting to learn how to fully utilize their quirk.

The most dangerous creature in the forest ought be Master Bang. And, if these markings indicated his territory…

“Change of plans,” Jasmine said to her mandrake. “Tsukino-san and I will check out the wooden fence that appeared beyond those trees. You stay here and tear those leaves off the ground.”

"Awww, that sounds boring!"

She pointed to the pile of leaves that did not tumble with the gust. “It’s clearly hiding something.”

A trap? Or was it hiding something important? Like the entrance to a villain’s base? She had been making far too many assumptions since the exam started. That wasn’t what a scientist did. It wasn’t what her father would have done. Null hypothesis—there was no relationship between the leaves on stuck to the ground and the exam. Alternative hypothesis, there was one. Either way, whether it was a trap or not, her madrake would have to die. Jasmine hadn’t told her teammates, but she needed time to recover her vitality before she could safely make another mandrake—one more suited for combat.

“If it’s a trap, notify us by barking loudly once. If it’s anything else, bark twice.” If no barks come, then she’d know it was unable to complete her orders. Or was dead.

“Aye-aye!”

Taking a moment to watch as the mandrake fluttered over to the pile of leaves and began doing as ordered, Jasmine then turned around and, with phone in hand, began heading in the direction they’d seen the wooden fence emerge. Her eyebrows rose slightly as she studied the image of the crudely drawn map. Her mandrake had neither seen what Master Bang looked like or gotten a whiff of the old man, so the probability that her mandrake had made a mistake was still fairly high. However, it was a direction at least.

Adjusting the straps on her backpack, Jasmine followed Akane in their search for their third member.

rennuelaw rennuelaw
takki takki
AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami

Last edited:
  • 766911bb35d9af0e2cf9dd83446762e138934d15_hq.jpg
    Yuuta thought of possible ways on how to get out of this trap. He could make thick wire springs, but coiling each one of them would take too long. If only his wires go on all directions when used, then he would've made that easy and escape this trap. Time is crucial in his case. The longer he spends on this trap, the more speculations enter his head. The more speculations enter his head, the more it's going to break him. Once he finishes this test alive, he's probably going to spend an hour or two talking to this personal counselor at home. He didn't want that to always happen.

Penetrating the walls were useless. Unless this was some kind of super hardwood, the liquid that was coated on the trap could be the one responsible that prevented him from penetrating the walls with his wires. And then, he raised his hand above and tried to measure how high the trap was. In just one second, his wire reached its peak. it stopped before it reached the top. Yuu retracted his wires and silently cursed. "Four floors high. Shi-" And then, a clever solution entered his mind. He could make a wire as long as his arm, remove it, and bend it like a square-shaped hook. after that, he's going to produce a wire that's still attached to his finger, tie the end of the hook on the end of the wire, and extend it. That way, the square hook would reach the top of the walls. The space inside the square hook would attach to the width of the wood wall, and he would use to climb. Imagine the scene where mountain climbers would try to climb up on a place with unstable footing. they throw a hook on the direction they're going, and some rock would attach to it without penetrating it.

And so, Yuuta started to do his thing. Without wasting another second, after he made his makeshift hook, he did what he was supposed to do. He raised his hand, the one with the square hook. It attached to the width of the wall. "Yes! Just as planned!" He said in satisfaction. Yuu retracted the wire that was still attached to his finger, and he started to go upward, towards the open space. He put his feet on side of the wall to keep his body from sliding into it instead. And then, he flew. Above the trees. The square hook was lost in the process.

Yuu started to fall, with him panicking a little bit. "I didn't think about the landing!" He shouted. His body collided with some branches, and then, he instinctively used his quirk on the nearest tree. The wire penetrated it, and it slowed him down, coming to a complete stop as he reached the ground. "T...That was close." He said. He sat down on the tree for a moment, and beside him is the wall trap where he had just escaped.

Mentions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel rennuelaw rennuelaw AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami

Is there a problem with non-Japanese-born students attending this school in your opinion? Of course there was, he thought to himself. Ever since All Might had surged onto the scene in a glorious flash of light and heroism, everyone from every country wished to come to the country of his debut and spectacular reign. The amount of foreigners on Japanese soil hadn't been this high since the European incursion and attempt at colonization. Deep in his heart he wished to protest against this, but there was no way he would have any impact. One day, but not yet.

After a brief moment where he took a long deep breath and let it out slowly, she'd continued her point and said that her quirk allowed her to turn into light for a brief moment. This meant she was very fast, faster than even him. "I see, Lumiere. Makes enough sense I suppose." He said with a small nod.

But then the chuuni spoke. Oh did she speak. She laughed in the face of his beliefs and made some odd mockery of them, aligning herself with some demonic forces on the spot for no reason other than shock value. A vein bulged in his neck and red flushed across his ears. "You think this is a game?" The words were angrier than he thought they would be when they left his mouth. He pointed a finger at her. "This isn't playtime. Demons? Dark powers? What kind of nonsense is that? Do you think it is cute to blame misfortune on dark powers and diminish the value of the power you've been given?" As he spoke his voice grew louder and his teeth bared more and more.

"We've been given great power, girl. We are blessed to be greater than those before us, and you give the credit for this blessing to darkness and devilry?" He stepped forward and put his finger almost to her nose, completely red in the face now. "That's an affront to what we are, and who we will become."

After a short pause and a couple sharp breaths he spoke one final word. "Heroes."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Last edited:
6b8.jpg

When the magnets hopped up from the ground, Johanna imediately went on the defensive. She had expected some sort of mine or entrapment for some reason, but instead all she got was a tugging in the pocket of her jacket. The tugging turned to outright pulling as she did her best to hold on to her jacket,"Hey! Stop that!" she muttered before her phone slid out of her pocket and went to the magnet before she folded her arms across her chest in a pout, face red. She shoul have never had upgraded! Having a mostly plastic phone would have made this situation a lot less annoying, but a'las here she was.

Jono's voice broke her thoughts as she turned to face him and it dawned on her. His whole deal was his gadgets, and this trap had ripped most, if not all of them away from him. Without many other eletronics in the forest, he probably felt like a weak link on the inside. She had opened her mouth to comfort him about the predicament, but decided against it because it would probably come across as patronizing. From what she knew about Jono, her words wouldn't make him feel better as much as they continuing on and completing their tasks would.

So she left it alone as she sniffed the air for that rabbit blood scent, and for any of the other teacher's. Dark Side's scent lingered around, but she wasn't actively participating in the test so that only helped in identifying traps. If the trap was meant to impede their progress, then it would have been a different trap that would have targeted them both. Perhaps even a combination of the magnets and a tear gas? The tear gas would overwhelm Johanna's senses and make her effectively useless, while the magnets would have disarmed Johanna and done the same. Yet, the trap specifically targeted Jono and not Johanna and the at-large Mikado.

"They want you to complete this next obastacle without the help of your gear...." she stated plainly as she continued to walk towards the scent, before smirking,"Kazama-sensei would have punished us severely for falling into an obvious trap unless it wasn't what it appeared to be..." she was gambling thinking had they chosen a different path, it might have actually been a true trap,"we're headed the right way." If Johanna shined one place, it was the forest, it was hunting.

Brax Brax Xel Xel Idea Idea

GM POST

Jasmine's mandrake would find that despite his best efforts, the leaves would not move. They would not rip and they would not tear. What he would start noticing is that slowly his body, his wings, legs/arms and tongue would become numb. It would eventually make him immobile, though not paralyzed, just unable to speak or move.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

[class=img]
[/class]
[class=img1]
[/class]
[class=1word]
[/class]
[class=imgtongue]
[/class]
[class=tongueword]
[/class]
[class=imgcry]
[/class]
[class=cryword]
[/class]

[class=Pic1] float:left; border-radius:75%; overflow:hidden; border:7px solid #cc9900; height:150px; width:150px; [/class] [class=Space] White-space:pre; [/class] [class=PC] [/class]

[div class=PC]
[div class=Pic1]token Kath.png[/div] [div class=Space][div class=Modename1]Katharine-Corula Zweihild Von Kleinerheld[/div] ~Metric: Density~[/div]

[div class="img img1"]Jack Assassin Knee Cloak.jpg[/div][div class="img imgtongue" style="display:none"]View attachment 448660[/div][div class="img imgcry" style="display:none"]View attachment 447931[/div]
Slow and careful would win the race. That's what Arietty had said. Those were wise words, coming from the person ranked right above me thus far. I knew it. As heart-wrenching as it might be, I knew it. We needed as many tools and as many options as possible. Arietty had never seemed to comfortable with her quirk, and the lifting business might be in on that, yet she was being so brave in sharing it. What kind of disservice would I be doing to my name, and to my sister's name, if I screwed this up just because I was embarassed?

"Y-Yes. Arietty. P-please l-lift m-me up." I gulped. "I'm ready. I mean... I've never tried anything like that before, and I can't say I feel like I will like it very much, but even so, I want to try it. Can you please do it, Arietty? Can you lift me?"

In the next moment, I found my legs kicking the air as I lost my footing and my body rised until I was able to touch one of the tree's branches with my hands. I looked at Arietty. Was she just pretending or was she actually doing this with the degree of calm her face conveyed? The girl lowered me gently and let me back onto the floor. She explained she could lift me up without issue, and that if the situation called for it, we could use it to our advantage. She also confirmed my suspicions about this telekenisis thing being the part of her power she was most concerned about. After all, so few people knew about it even. I reached a and to pat on her back.

"We don't have to use it if you don't want to. We can make do with what we currently have. True, the telekenisis could make me faster and maybe give me a view from above to track down the hostage or that old geezer, but they're probably ready for that anyway. They wouldn't make it that easy for us, I imagine. Plus, we may get some points for relying less on your work in order to work more as a team." I dropped silent, trying to come up with more excuses to not make her feel bad about not employing her ability if she didnt want to, but was drawing a blank now. "W-well, in any case, Felix must be wondering what happened to us by now. We shouldn't keep the kitty waiting, correct? Let us return there."

With those words I promptly began pratically marching towards where we left Felix. I waved at him, wondering how much longer it would be before our turn came.

"Hey Felix! Sorry for the wait. I needed to confirm something with Arietty alone. Now, do we all know our part in the plan? Any protests or objections? Or questions?"

Interacting with: Maj Maj (arietty) Castello Castello (Felix)
Mentions:

[/div]

hide img
show imgtongue
[/script]
hide img
show imgcry
[/script]
hide img
show img1
[/script]

[class=img]
[/class]
[class=img1]
[/class]
[class=1word]
[/class]
[class=imgtongue]
[/class]
[class=tongueword]
[/class]
[class=imgcry]
[/class]
[class=cryword]
[/class]

[class=Pic1] float:left; border-radius:75%; overflow:hidden; border:7px solid #b3b3ff; height:150px; width:150px; [/class] [class=Space] White-space:pre; text-align:center; [/class] [class=PC] [/class]

[div class=PC]
[div class=Pic1]token slime Panko.png[/div] [div class=Space][div class=Modename1]~Slimebender~[/div] Panko Amenouta[/div]

[div class="img img1"]infinite-stratos-laura-bodewig-girl-suit-wallpaper.jpg[/div][div class="img imgtongue" style="display:none"]View attachment 448660[/div][div class="img imgcry" style="display:none"]View attachment 447931[/div]
GM POST

While I couldn't tell behind the screen, the scent was stronger as Johanna continued on her path after the whole incident. It was actually quite impressive, Jono's attitude after losing all of his gadgets. I was starting to picture a little more of why he was in the hero course and not in my support course despite his obvious talent for the latter. That dedication and that desire to push forward even completely disarmed, his willingness to hdie his frustration, some might find those rather heroic traits.

On the other hand, they also meant he was missing another essential aspect of heroism, of course. Maybe more than one even. I wondered if Darky-chan had spotted it.

I also wondered what the last kid of the trio planned to do. That one that had gotten late earlier and was now pretty much standing still. Caution was of course a good thing, but she did realize that not moving wouldn't get her anywhere either, right? Or perhaps she had some kind of plan. I did hear of heroes letting other heroes fail first in order to make them more receptive to their plans. If that was the case, then this was quite a cunning student. Intriguing. What kind of quirk did she have?

Now what was visible through the screen was that Jono and Johanna were both reaching the end of the clearing. The grass grew thicker and of course the number of trees too, but near one of the nearby trees in particular there was an unopened mound, unlike the other ones that had revealed the hidden magnets. Maybe it too contained a magnet, maybe it malfunction? Or some other hidden trap?

Interacting with:
Mentions: Xel Xel Brax Brax AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami

[/div]

hide img
show imgtongue
[/script]
hide img
show imgcry
[/script]
hide img
show img1
[/script]

Arietty

157d660040c75250d52d72f80e65fac9_best-25-pastel-goth-art-ideas-on-pinterest-creepy-cute-anime...jpegArietty had no issues lifting the girl up into the air. She was pretty light for her size, this was good news. Now Arietty was sure that she would be able to lift her without having to use her arms. When Kiki mentioned that she only had to use the power if she wanted to, Arietty gave her a thankful and sad smile. It was a really thoughtful gesture, but Arietty knew it was time to buck up and start using her powers more. Also, it appeared that Kath was under the wrong impression about her Telekinesis.

“Thank you, but I’m actually comfortable using my telekinesis. I just didn’t get to when I was fighting Dark Side, so we can use the fact that no one has seen it to our advantage. It’s the other powers that I don’t…particularly like using” Ari said with a grimace. “But I think we should do whatever we can to win this thing.”

The blue hued girl nodded in agreement when Kath mentioned going back to meet Felix. She watched as the smaller girl joined their feline companion and smiled. Arietty was thankful that she had gotten these two. Their energies helped her feel energetic.

Ari barely heard Katherine address Felix, she was too busy focusing on the school nurse calling Team five from the tree line of the woods.

“That’s us!” Arietty did her best to not let the nerves show through her voice, although she could definitely feel them now. She was going to do her best no matter what it took. There were too many people watching and even more importantly, people who were depending on her to take it less than seriously. Part of being a hero was facing your fears to help those who relied on you, and right now those two people were Felix and Katherine.

“Let’s go!” Ari said beckoning to them as she headed for the edge of the woods. “Let's do what we talked about, Felix if you lead you ca scout out, but be careful! I don't even want to think about what kind of traps Dark Side has for us.”

Interactions: Castello Castello (Felix) Idea Idea (Kiki) AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami (Dark Side)

Last edited:
Hana Haven

Hana watched a dejected, pouting, teary-eyed Hideka run back to the bus, and turned back to Ayuta with her arms folded and an icy glare. "Oh, good job. You didn't have to yell at her. That's called character, and it's part and parcel of being a hero. The way you talk so seriously, you'd think we'd signed up for the Police or the Army. My mom got criticized for her Hero costume being a giant, jewel-laden white floor-length dress. 'That's impractical and showoffy', they all said. But it was all part of her character, and that's why she wasn't just a great Hero, but popular. And she was full-blooded Japanese before you say anything."

Interacting with: L LeeRoy (Ayuta)

Last edited:

Five minutes had passed since Jasmine had left her mandrake. During that time, she hadn’t heard a single bark. That meant the mandrake had been unable to complete its second task—likely incapacitated. She knew it hadn’t died since the drain on her vitality hadn’t disappeared. Jasmine was the one that had to kill it. Cut off the source of the drain before it affected her health. She could only safely maintain a weak mandrake for 15 minutes, after all.

It had done what it was meant to do—which was locate a trail for them to follow. If she were on her own, Jasmine would’ve continued experimenting. It wasn’t in her nature to leave things unsolved. However, right now, they were in the middle of a test. As such, she had no intention of burdening the team with her own personal inquiries. Locating Yuuta came first. Once they were all together, they could discuss what each other found and decide what to do from there.

Keeping close to Akane, Jasmine was silent as they traveled through the forest, keeping herself occupied by drawing a route of the path they took. As they left the middle path to head in the of the large wooden enclosure, the trees grew more dense. The paths harder to walk. It wasn’t impossible. However, it also required careful maneuvering since she wasn’t a tree swinging ninja.

Much easier if they could just clear the path.

Sadly, she hadn’t packed any bladed weapons nor did she desire to start a fire in the woods. It wasn’t like she needed a quirk to start a fire. There were plenty of materials in the forest. However, like her mandrake, Jasmine never liked fire. Besides, just because one can do something doesn’t mean one should. That was the essence of being a hero—or at least, as her mother had told her when she’d asked why her mother didn’t always go all out in the capture of a criminal. A hero considered their surroundings, and civilians, even when fighting a villain.

Just because one can do something doesn’t mean they should.

Closing her eyes for a moment, Jasmine took a deep breath before opening them and continuing on. Her vitality would restore with time. CO2 helped. She had her inhaler in her backpack. However, for now, it wasn’t really needed. Not until they found they found their targets. She only had three seeds left after all.

“Watch for the pine needles along the ground,” was the only thing Jasmine said as she did her best to weave her way through the brushes and trees, occasionally stopping to collect samples of plants she didn’t recognize. She planned to analyze at home.Later. Once the exam was over. By now she was certain at least three or four teams had entered the forest. Kazama-sensei never stated when the exam would end, though Jasmine assumed it would be once Amenouta-sensei was successfully rescued.

Eventually, a large wooden fence between four trees came into view.

“…I don’t suppose you’re strong enough to punch your way through that…?”

It looked roughly 10 cms thick, though it seemed be made of wood rather than steel and wasn’t as thick as the average tree. Jasmine was curious how much power Akane had absorbed from the kinetic energy of the wind. She also wondered if, rather than taking a punch from Bang, it was better to take consecutive light hits and store power in preparation for when they faced the “villain”. That way a surprise attack could be dished out. After all, given the way she’d seen Master Bang…look…at the silver haired teacher before they got on the bus, luring Bang from Amenouta-sensei might not prove to be as she’d initially thought.

Jasmine sighed. She realized she was getting ahead of herself by planning more for Bang than the obstacles that Kazuma promised would meet them the forest, but there was really no planning for what one didn’t know or couldn’t see. The best thing to do, in that case, was to act cautiously and do one’s best to avoid dangerous traps while searching for the villain. Given the size of the forest, the search area was quite large. However, looking at things logically, if one considered that he only had 10 minutes to set up, he couldn’t have been too far from the start. There was also the fact that he would have had to avoid the same obstacles they did—assuming Kazuma-sensei was the one that set them up.

Brushing a stray leaf from her eyes, she glanced at Akane.

rennuelaw rennuelaw
takki takki
(mentioned: AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami , Idea Idea , Brax Brax )

Last edited:
The Red-skinned girl fled back to the bus with her tail between her legs, his words were evidently too biting for her to handle. Hana turned and began to scold him, even gave an example as to why he was wrong. He couldn't help but feel a bit of frustration mingled with shame, he didn't want her to run off, he just wanted to make her take it more seriously.

With a deep sigh he pointed over his shoulder towards the bus. "Right or wrong, the case can be made that if she was unable to deal with that criticism she couldn't have handled a villain." The red drained from his face and he tightened the straps on his helmet, they'd come loose during his moment of frustration. "I'm sorry for my outburst."
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

[class=img]
[/class]
[class=img1]
[/class]
[class=1word]
[/class]
[class=imgtongue]
[/class]
[class=tongueword]
[/class]
[class=imgcry]
[/class]
[class=cryword]
[/class]

[class=Pic1] float:left; border-radius:75%; overflow:hidden; border:7px solid #cc9900; height:150px; width:150px; [/class] [class=Space] White-space:pre; [/class] [class=PC] [/class]

[div class=PC]
[div class=Pic1]token Kath.png[/div] [div class=Space][div class=Modename1]Katharine-Corula Zweihild Von Kleinerheld[/div] ~Metric: Density~[/div]

[div class="img img1"]Jack Assassin Midfall.jpg[/div][div class="img imgtongue" style="display:none"]View attachment 448660[/div][div class="img imgcry" style="display:none"]View attachment 447931[/div]
"I...I uhm, I'm sorry!" I immediately and clumsily bowed, noticeably missing the aim and ending up bowing a few degrees to the side of Ari, even more embarassed as I returned to my usual posture and gazed away. Ah, crap, now I did it, didn't I? Just when I thought I finally understood the situation a little bit, turns out I wasn't even thinking she had problems with the powers I thought she did. In any case, this demanded a change of plans. "In that case, we'll use and abuse your ability. If you can use the ability on yourself, then we can simply hover over things and Felix can travel through them fast enough that we don't need to worry about the traps. As for how we'll deal with the teachers, we can figure that on the way, once we know more about the situation and where we will actually be engaging them."

It was no use though. I was even less eager to push Ari now. In many ways, she reminded me of that little sister of mine, so eager to help but also so frail. Too gentle to be a glass cannon, too mighty to be a simple mosaic window. I didn't know what to say now, but fortunately I was saved from having to say anything else as our team was called and Ari quickly answered. We of course rushed to the forest behind Felix, but the feline was even faster than I anticipated. They disappeared into the woods. I halted to wait for some news from him, but heard nothing.

"Tch. This is bad, I think we lost Felix to a trap. Ari-chan, can you use your telekenisis on me now? Make me float, I'll scout from above. If you can make yourself float, even better, we'll both go. But if not, then I'll come back down and we'll try to go straight through the forest, using your telekenisis to avoid the traps as best as possible. If we get caught, I'll do what I can to disrupt them with my quirk. But be careful. Something caught even Felix, who was so ador...I mean agile. He was agile and fast. And fluf... Agile and fast."

Interacting with: Maj Maj (arietty)
Mentions:
Other: AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami

[/div]

hide img
show imgtongue
[/script]
hide img
show imgcry
[/script]
hide img
show img1
[/script]

6b8.jpg

Johanna pushed forward, sniffing the air as the scent became more intense. It meant they were getting closer, and the changing of the environment, though natural, seemed almost deliberate. Dark Side- sensei was very cunning, very detailed oriented. Everything she did was deliberate and precise. Nothing was done without a purpose. It was almost unbelievably impressive the type of attention to detail the elder woman had. She wasn't even that much older in truth. Yeah she seemed to be more than just a few years ahead in her experience. This exam was a testament to that, and it made Johanna a little excited.

As they moved she witnessed a mound approaching that seemed unnatural, manmade even so she held her hand in front of Jono to keep him from moving forward. The next trap would definitely be one meant to incapacitate. They would have to approach this one a little more cautious than the gung-ho attitude they approached the previous one with. Her eyes darted around the mound, searching for any inconsistencies or anything distinctive like a wire leading out from it. She wouldn't get too close right now, in fear of triggering it. If they hadn't triggered it yet, they'd probably be ok standing back.

"We should try to activate it from a distance.....if it's a trap at least," she stated gently as she turned her attention to face Jono. She wasn't sure what he had left, if anything, but if he had something she could throw. "It's definitely somet-," her sentence was cut short as a gust of wind carried an overbearing stench, causing her to cover her mouth to not throw up. When the wind died down, she took a deep breath to clear her nasal passages before trying to start her sentence again.

"It's definitely somet-," there was no gust of wind this time, but Johanna stumbled a bit, before falling to one knee and covering her mouth and nose. She was starting to grow pale as she dry heaved once,"That smell....I..." she gagged a bit, before leaning over as she continued to gag. The smell was overbearing. Between the nausea, light headedness, and dizziness she was experiencing she was lucky she wasn't on the ground.

Brax Brax Idea Idea

Arietty
1576585.jpg
“I’ve honestly never tried to use my power on myself, that’s an awesome idea.” Ari said in response to her friend’s pep talk. They rushed toward the forest line, some faster than others. Suddenly it was just Arietty and Kath, they would have to move carefully through the woods here if they were going to make it even close to Bang.

She listened to Kath’s advice. She would float her above and see if she could see anything. Arietty had a feeling that lifting herself would take a lot of brain power, and she would need to save that for later. So she decided to go with Kath’s first example.

“I’ll lift you, I don’t want to run out of energy too quickly.” Arietty’s voice was calm and collected. She often rose to the occasion when something was needed out of her. The anxious, self-doubt ridden girl would have to be pushed away for now. People were depending on her. “Just don’t let me lose sight of you, I can’t keep you in the air if I can’t see you.” Ari explained

She grabbed Kath’s hand, it was easier to lift larger objects if she touched them first. It took almost no effort to concentrate on the girl’s petite form and lift her into the air. She lifted her as high as she could comfortably, just below the tree line. Any further and she risked not being able to see her and dropping her.

“Tell me Katherine what do your cute eyes see?” Ari asked with a smirk, referencing one of her favorite books.

Interactions: Idea Idea (Kath)
Mentions: AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami (GM)

8dd57184209616711ee06c6802f4544e.jpgAs both Johanna and Jono continued on forward, the two would run into a patch of earth that was similar to the mounds hiding the magnets. Well, unfortunately for these contraptions, Jono had already been stripped of his possessions. The previous ones had done their worst. Though, learning from his mistakes, he stopped just as Johanna began to search for her breath and keel over. Jono was no medic; he was unaware of what his responsibility was in this situation. Of course, he wanted to help his friend. However, he had not the know-how nor the experience of execution to jump into action. He would have to wait and see what happened next.

He wasn’t sure if she was having a heart attack or an aneurysm, so the poor teen just stood there and watched as she attempted to form sentences and failed miserably. Once she made a notion of the fact that it was a smell that was getting to her, Jono was able to put a few pieces together. Something relating to that mound was forcing Johanna to stop dead in her tracks - overloading her senses because it related to her sense of smell. Jono did not have an issue smelling anything out of the ordinary, so the effect was lost on him. Maybe his nose was particularly stuffy.

If the plan was to have this trap affect Johanna specifically, to the point where she couldn’t move, then Jono didn’t have much time to continue sitting around. He was not a bodybuilder. The teen would not maintain his elusiveness as well as his speed with her on his back. Unfortunately, he was also running the risk that she was going to vomit on him, but it was the least of his worries. The first was activating the trap and moving. There would be time to gather his thoughts while moving forward.

The wolf-girl had made her suggestion regarding Jono activating it from a distance while Jono's fingertips popped open a small latch on his belt and removed one of his gas capsules. There were three in total to begin with, so this would leave two. Preparing himself to execute his plan to perfection, Jono spun the small capsule around his fingers before tossing it at the mound. Without looking to see how this would force the spot on the ground to react, Jono wrapped his arms around Johanna and threw her over his shoulders in a fireman carry. He let out a small grunt as he balanced her appropriately over his back.

“Since you’re absolutely useless at the moment, looks like I’ll be getting in my week’s worth of exercise.” A harmless joke, meant to calm himself down more than Johanna before his feet dug slightly into the dirt. Barefooted, Jono would shoot off, running as fast as he could with this girl over his back toward the mound. If it made a move, he would have to attempt to be the most nimble twig in the planet by dodging with Johanna’s weight near-doubling his own. In the case that the mound did not react, Jono would easily clear it and keep on moving until Johanna was outside of the range belonging to the trap’s effects.

It didn’t matter if they were being graded individually, nor as a group. Leaving Johanna there to suffer the consequences of the mound while he attempted to disarm it was meaningless and would take up too much time. The trap existed to hamper their forward momentum - either because it withheld something else that could potentially eliminate the group or just to delay time. Jono would not allow it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back