• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mess Hall (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983
I actually wrote up a post that will have to limit your character a bit (for balancing purposes), but I've been debating on how to explain the proposed changes in a way that won't fundamentally break your character. As it stands, there needs to be limitations. Otherwise, there's no sense of struggle or risk. From the outside looking in, it looks like Razor has been down here purely because he didn't feel like escaping. He broke the anti-magic amulet placed on him and escaped his prison and he just pretty much instantly killed a Viperfish Berserker while having an armor that makes him nigh impervious to the attacks of the fishfolk spearmen. This was all done starting from 0 mana and includes the magic to make his limbs, the magic to both create and maintain the swords and the magic to use the metal spikes, and this all took place within the span of like 5 minutes, which means that his mana regeneration is so fast that it's easier to say that he has infinite mana

Needless to say, it's pretty OP

I won't have you edit or retcon anything in the IC, but I will have to have you impose some limitations and I'm working on the suggestions, which will be put up after my IC post when I can get the wording how I want it

So is there a post order, or have we just been doing that unintentionally?
There isn't a strict post order, but since I have to set the scene, post enemy reactions, and then post my own character's actions, it's easier to do it all in one post, so I at least like to wait until you both post before I make my post. That way we can keep things going without me having to make 2-3 different posts for the same scene

Yeah, Razor more just couldnt take off the amulet and hadnt thought about how to get it off of him as they hadnt left him with the tools to escape until that moment. And the only reason he was left with them is because he was underestimated. He only tried to break the gem because it got caught in his hair and he couldn’t figure out how to get it off.

He still has low mana, but he just has his skills leveled up and perfected in a way if that makes sense. Like, he can only create so much, so he has to be efficient. Like, normally the max amount of metal he can create is a full Statue of Liberty for scale (not hollowed out.) but at the little mp he had, he had to work his way up from twigs to move basically until he quickly got the ability to create a few swords. (Normally he could create quite a lot with that amount of metal, but he was limited to 4 (and a few spikes) at the time.

He’s still very weak compared to normal, he just is very battle smart and knows what to do with so little.

if he didn't have his metal he would be in a very helpless situation, however, he knows the first thing he needs is his metal layer, then his limbs, and he just builds from there.

He seems op, but its more the resource he has is just being used optimally.

Honestly, he probably just shouldn’t be put in battle situations until he is needed, because I figured out a while ago that he can tend to make things feel anticlimactic. In fights, thats a good thing, but from a writers perspective it can be quite boring

I didn't think they meant to say Razor himself is OP. As he stands, he seemed pretty well balanced, with strong weaknesses offsetting his powers. It's more of a situational thing. This story arc was crafted for two characters with very limited magic capabilities, and who have to rely on whatever they're carrying and whatever they find. They're just two soldiers with guns and swords, while Razor, as you said, is someone with strong enough powers to fight divinity. Naturally, what's difficult for Sebas and Fergie might not be for Razor, just because his abilities are on a different level. So compared to them, he appears OP, because the situation hasn't been crafted in a way that challenges him to the extent that he's on the same level as the other two.

So the issue isn't so much him, it's just finding a way to alter the arc's situation and/or put some limitations on Razor to put everyone on a more equal playing field. In your defense, your character was introduced late into the game, when the threats have already been established. We'll just have to find some way of working around that.

WayfaringWaaksian WayfaringWaaksian AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983
Thinking about it, you may be right

Maybe I SHOULD craft an enemy that would push Razor to the limit. Given that he was captured and researched, it only make sense that they would come up with some king of counter. The issue is that this counter is has to be a fishfolk, which are weak to Arc Lightning so they can't use it

No worries though, I'll think of something before I recommend regulation. I think I was hasty in rushing to say it needed to be regulated. I'll used forced regulation as a last resort (when something is actually OP), not as a go-to

Im confused, why arent they underwater?

The reason they were underwater is because razor was being held underwater, but to just say they just aren’t underwater with no explication doesn't make sense. And it wouldn't make sense for them to have a water dedicated room in the pockets, my thought was that he was held a few floors beneath the pockets.

The added plot does seem interesting, but im a little thrown off.

Im confused, why arent they underwater?

The reason they were underwater is because razor was being held underwater, but to just say they just aren’t underwater with no explication doesn't make sense. And it wouldn't make sense for them to have a water dedicated room in the pockets, my thought was that he was held a few floors beneath the pockets.

The added plot does seem interesting, but im a little thrown off.
iu

I dont know what to post without disrupting the flow of what youve set up and it being bigger than a small paragraph, you can skip my post this time.

WayfaringWaaksian WayfaringWaaksian AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983

Well until someone makes a post, I can't exactly push things forward

Sebas has absolutely no idea that they're not supposed to be on land. As far as he's concerned, they're still in the Pockets. What looks to be a water holding room within the Pockets is all the explanation HE needs as to how Razor was held underwater

What I'm saying is this will be explained, but if everyone feels like things are how they SHOULD be (in the IC), there's nothing to explain, even if the information is a blatant contradiction to what's already been said

A problem can't be solved if a problem isn't perceived, and SEBAS doesn't see one

Likewise, Fergie would probably be in the same boat for the same reasons. She has no reason to question what she's seeing.

I don't mind a short post, if that's what's necessary.

While I did think it all out with a perfect explanation, I probably did tip the scales a bit. One of you not understanding is fine. Both of you being super confused will cause an issue
Let me rework the post. I'll get it up later
AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983 WayfaringWaaksian WayfaringWaaksian

Hey, yeah sorry... a lot of stuff has come up. Depression spike hit and I didnt want to do basically anything. Im okay now but its pro best if you continue without me if this rp hasnt died.

you can assume that after the rescue is complete, razor will go on doing other things

AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983
Aw man, that sucks. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, though. Sad to see you go, but you gotta do what's best for you, I understand.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
I'll post a reply when I get the chance between tomorrow and Saturday, just got a busy week.

I actually kinda wanna get back into rp, but i have something planned for razor and feel like its a bad idea for me to keep reusing him

Would you be interested in using a different character, maybe? It looks like this mission is due to come to a close soon, if you're worried about bringing someone new in the middle of things again.

Maybe, though i might be doing another pirate rp in the future and dont wanna confuse them its nothing against you guys. It would be a redo of another roleplay i was in a while back. Ive been talking with one of the members and we think it would be fun to try again

I really wasn't expecting to develop the fishfolk as much as I did over the course of the mission, but we may be returning to it later on in the RP. For now, we'll move on to something else
  • I've changed the fishfolk into 3 generic categories of Pisces (or Piscean People) (outlined by the IC post) and put Orabelle in as a Triton
  • Piscean dialect is the new name for what Sebas deemed as "Fishian."
  • Creating a CS for both Elaina and Orabelle
Since I need time to plan out the next bigger mission, we'll develop the land a bit by docking the ship again.
WayfaringWaaksian WayfaringWaaksian

Fine by me, I'm really digging all these new developments. This RP took a dark turn I was not expecting, but I'm 100% for it. Nothing like a dash of moral ambiguity to spice up things.

Since we're entering an intermission period, I figured now would be a good time to work on something I've been meaning to for a while. I want to overhaul some things about Fergie. Nothing that would retcon what was developed IC, or at least nothing aside from things that had no bearing on the progression of events. But I'll be changing enough of her character sheet to warrant another look-over.
Fergie's actually a character from a project I've been working on with a friend, and when I decided to play as her here, it was to explore her character out of the constrains of rigid storytelling. So she's experienced a fair amount of development outside of this RP, and a lot of the skills and other aspects of her character from when I first joined don't really apply anymore or don't make sense for her. 90% of that consists of things not even touched upon IC so far anyway, so I figured it wouldn't disrupt the flow of things by changing them.
Also me wanting to tweak the ref in general, trim some fluff, alter things about her backstory, etc.

I probably won't have the chance to sit down and finish the overhaul until next week, but I'm just letting you know in advance that it's in the works.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Sorry it's been taking me so long to finish this reworking thing. It's still in the works, life's just been kicking me in the ass lately and I haven't had the time to work on it and make the final decisions necessary.

I thought I might as well ask if there's anything lore-specific I should know about elves and goblins in your setting that I might want to adhere to or take into consideration? I'm not overly concerned about making everything "lore-friendly", since you said it's pretty open-ended, but I like to follow the general theme of things.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back