• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mess Hall (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
No issues. There is no reason to rush it

As of right now, elves and goblins are fairly standard fare. I will do a write up on them as they (as a species) become important, but I don't foresee this in the near future. When that comes around, if you have any lore on them that you've written down in your rework, I can piggy back off that so I'm not contradicting what you already wrote

WayfaringWaaksian WayfaringWaaksian

This next portion is gonna be docking and then sailing the skies. I'm debating on whether or not to keep Sebas as the MC for this portion or to move it to Elaina, since flying is kinda her thing (or just make a new character as a whole to keep building up the ship). I'll make my final decision in due time

There will be a bit more transitioning as they dock in a city (world-building) and prepare for take-off. The skies are gonna be a lot more active than our modern day skies.

I'm really excited about what's in store, flying seems like an interesting change of pace

Finally edited my ref sheet and put in the reworked stuff (only took hell freezing over). I'll start working on a reply later today.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

The Bronze Ballasts. Is their lore something you're gonna build up as a legendary pirate crew? I don't want to step on any ideas you have

From what I have written down and reading what you wrote, it seems to suggest Fergie pissed off the Captain and, since they disbanded yet still put a bounty on her head, Fergie can pretty much be hunted from anywhere

However, since she asked Sebas what he knew about it, it seems poised for me to develop it a bit

Ah, hindsight's a bitch. I didn't think to leave a footnote explaining my thoughts until after I left for work. Sorry about that.

My intention was for it to be open-ended. If you felt like there was a way to weave what I've established with the Bronze Ballasts into any other developments you might have behind the scenes, I wanted to make that an opportunity. Really, not a whole lot about them is set in stone just yet, I wanted to see how the general concept meshed with the setting before really deciding on certain things, so any developments you added could easily be worked in. Otherwise, if you didn't want a hand in that and wanted to leave all developments up to me, I detailed what I felt were the basics about the Ballasts, what most people would know hearing about them without knowing the nitty gritty.

Basically, it is a prompt to add developments if you wished, but it's not necessary to if you'd rather it be entirely up to me. I'm open to either. And should you want to develop stuff, I can give a proper overview of what Fergie's dealing with, so there's no confusion.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Last edited:
There are more tangents because the issues with Evangeline are going to come to a head in the distant future. I'm developing them now so it's not jarring later and so it's in a proper context

You made a tangent and I turned it into a whole plot point, lol oops. Sorry for distracting from Sebas's and Avery's thing, I didn't mean to kill the flow of it.

It looks like Bogrum will be a more frequent character, so I'm wondering if a ref sheet should be made for him at some point. But considering that both of us have some level of control and decision over him, should it be I or you who makes it? I originally made him and I've written most of his bits, but I wanted to check with you first before I decided to work on it.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Sebas and Avery's battle was supposed to something they do while Fergie and Bogrum talked to leadership, as a way to pass some time with 2 events simultaneously. I deliberately left the 3rd event alone as something to mention later

For Bogrum, I'll just take over a bit of his dialog from time to time when I need him to respond in a very specific way. He's all yours otherwise

Between the two options, I'm a little torn. On one hand, I could have Fergie go into the city, and we could have more character interactions pertaining everyone's time spent docked. On the other, we could have her stay and time skip to them boarding the Canine, and get on with the next mission. I see the appeal of both, and I'm uncertain of what to decide on. I wanted to check in with you and see what direction you wanted to take the RP in, what you wanted to explore more of. I figured you'd probably want to RP more scenarios in the city since you've given it some development, but I wanted to make sure.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

That's up to you. I looked at it as potential risk/reward. Either she risks being discovered or confrontation for trying to get the vase or she plays it safe and gain nothing in order to play it safe

Andouphe really only got a brief writeup, and we can always return to it later. On the other hand, we WILL get to the next mission sooner or later

If you're ready to get on with the next mission, I'm definitely ready, but if you want Fergie to get her stuff back, go for it. This is a case of your decision affecting the trajectory of the RP over the course of the mission. This is essentially a splitting path of the RP

I've decided that Fergie will accompany Bogrum while he gets better gear and she gets passable replacements for some of her own, but won't take the risk of getting a replacement vase now. Personally I'm in favor saying their time was uneventful, in terms of confrontations, and moving along with the next mission. I'm not opposed to RPing more opportunities in town, Fergie's just in a state of "can't do anything outrageous lest suffer the wrath of Bogrum" so she won't be doing very much during that time aside from following him around while he shops.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Thinking outside the box and hitting a middle ground. Smart indeed.

Next post is a time skip to the next morning. I will do a short writeup of what the characters did in their off time, but it's time to take to the skies

About the only thing you need to do is get Fergie to turn in the Ordination, and I will streamline inspection and all that so we can go ahead and begin the mission.

It's time to set sail

I’m curious to see this new character concept, so sure. I would like to have more character interactions with Avery too since they haven’t spoken much, but I figure that can wait.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

So Bogrum is in a precarious position, and I wanted to talk a bit about that before we get to the "moment of truth" so to speak. I'm not 100% opposed to Bogrum dying. I remember Adonis mentioning he wanted to sail the Spirit Seas, so that makes me think if he did die, he could have more moments later in the RP when that becomes the setting.
But since I had a lot more planned for his character in the immediate future, I don't exactly want it to come to that if it can be helped. Didn't anticipate his mission here going quite this bad, which I don't mind at all (works perfectly for what I was planning already, actually). I just wanted to express that if it's within the realm of possibility, without breaking the game or making characters act OOC, my preference would be him surviving this and living through the consequences. But I can work with anything, there's a lot I could explore if he died too.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

At the end of the day, it's YOUR character. I won't kill him off without your permission, which is why I had minotaur use a sonic round instead of normal shells. Kind of a warning shot so to speak, to tell Bogrum that he couldn't win this fight.

I won't mess up any of your large scale plans with him. Don't worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back