• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mess Hall (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I was thinking a character who has some mental magic, telepathy and the like. That good, or not the kind of support magic you were looking for?

I was thinking a character who has some mental magic, telepathy and the like. That good, or not the kind of support magic you were looking for?
That's perfectly fine. Just be aware of the effects of the island and that this magic will have to be re-learned

And now we wait. How many are you hoping to get involved before we geet groovin?

• Name: Galdurr (original name unknown)
    Aliases: The Silent
    Race: Human
    Class: Swashbuckler

Last Edit: added more information to fit the structure and changed the layout to make it more easy to navigate.
BASIC INFORMATION
Name
: Elaera Gralog
Aliases: Oar; Arms; Quiet; Skullcrusher; El
Race: Half-Orc, Half-Elf
Class: The Barbarian

PERSONAL
Sexuality:
Heterosexual
High Concept:
A brooding face, a menacing quiet, a clenched fist — she may seem angry and terrifying at first, but, really, she's just nervous, socially awkward, and shy.
Character Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Relatives:
• Balgra Gralog, mother
• Aelik Gralog, father
Organizations\Affiliations: Ex-member of The Black Barnacles
Bio:
Elaera grew up with an odd family; her mother was a brutal, militant, unnerving Orc warrior, and her father was a happy-go-lucky, cocky, charming bard. Surrounded by such overpowering personalities that fussed over her constantly, Elaera developed to be subdued, quiet, and awkward, there not being enough room for her under the spotlight occupied by her parents. She picked up her mother's martial skill as well as her father's musical talent, but tends towards the former because she lacks the confidence to perform. Though her parents are embarrassing, she had a nice, sweet childhood that she enjoyed.
Elaera never intended to enter the pirate profession. In fact, she wanted to become a baker. However, whilst walking down by the docks, a ship's captain, noticing her strong physique, asked her help in loading the ship's cargo. Being a pushover, she complied. Impressed by her strength, the captain asked her to join his crew — they could use arms like hers on the oars. And, being a pushover, she complied. She never expected to enjoy being a pirate, but to her, the wide sea was so enchanting, and using her strength, either for utility or violence, was one of the few things she could do without being awkward. She didn't expect to enjoy the company of pirates, either. But after a year, her crewmates finally discovered that she wasn't a scary mute, and made her feel like one of them, pulling her a little out of her shell.
From about age 17 to 23, Elaera was with that crew. Until, one wild and stormy night, the winds of the raging tempest blew her overboard, and it seemed as though she'd finally been consigned to Davy Jones's Locker.
Then she woke up. Salt and sand filling her mouth, face-down on the hot sand with the sun beating down on her back. There was nothing around her. Nothing except crabs and coconuts.

PHYSICAL
Appearance: Reference
Elaera stands at the unmissably tall height of 6'5", something she uses to her advantage when it comes to intimidating others, but otherwise has her slouching awkwardly in the company of others. She has thick, defined muscle, adding to her daunting appearance. Her skin is an olive green colour, with various pale green scars slashed across it, the souvenirs of raids, battles, showdowns, and the occasional, clumsy knife-accident. She has the sharp, angular facial structure of her Elven father, though with a more brutal look to it, and his long and pointed ears, which she lines with golden hoops. Two tusks jut out of her plump, dark green lips, stopping just above her nostrils, and seeming to point at her obsidian eyes. Due to a bad case of RBF, she usually looks as though she's on the verge of snapping somebody's neck. Unkempt hair, black as jet, flows down past her chest, though she ties it up all the time for practicality.
Weapons & Armor:
• A war-mallet with a steal head she calls Balgra, after her mother
• Leather greaves, vambraces, and pauldrons
Items & Personal Belongings:
• A broken lute she calls Aelik, after her father
Skills & Abilities:
• Brute strength
• Intimidating appearance
• Can speak Elvish and Orcish
• Skilled with many instruments, primarily the lute
• Good singing voice, though it's rarely heard
• Good baker
Spells & Magic:
N/A
Weaknesses: (Weak sides of a character. Fears, inabilities, inexperience, emotional issues, mental issues, etc. Only ones that could be said to negatively affect the character)
• Socially awkward, shy, nervous
• Too much of a pushover
• Can't fight with a sword
• Clumsy

FLUFF
Hobbies
:
• Baking
• Knitting
• Sewing
• Playing music and singing when alone
• Reading

• Name: Katalina Luciana du Fossé
    Aliases: Kissin' Katalina
    Race: Human
    Class: Gunslinger

Last Edit:

View attachment 719767

Name: Saen Melacar

Alias: None

Race: Lamia- a cold blooded, snake-human hybrid with a deadly venomous bite

Class: Witch

Sexuality: Straight

High Concept: Sorceress starting her career on the high seas

Character Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Relatives: Adamos Melacar, father

Carana Melacar, mother

Organizations: None, but willing to join with anyone for the right price.

Bio: Saen grew up in the coastal city of Dushan Bay, the smell of salt in her nose. Her parents were fishermen, and she learned her way around the ropes and rigging at an early age. But the humble life of a lowly merchant sailor never was for her. One of the most important and prestigious jobs on any vessel is the ship's mage, responsible for upkeep of magical artifacts and casting any spells that may be needed. Saen learned she had a talent for mental magic, and graduated from a small local magic school. Now, diploma in hand, she's ready to set sail. But with whom? A local navy? A pirate crew? It's all yet to be determined...

Weapons: A nonmagical but decent quality cutlass

Items and Belongings: None

Skills and Abilities: Good at bartering, working knowledge of artificing theory

Spells & Magic: Touch Telepathy- Saen can read the minds and memories of anyone she makes skin to skin contact with, making her essential for espionage and interrogations

Flaws: Inexperienced, becomes sluggish in cold weather.

Other: Saen's venomous bite causes paralysis, similar to a coral snake's. Her venom isn't potent drop for drop compared to a typical snake's, but because she can deliver a truly massive amount, full paralysis can set in in a little over a minute for an average human, and death results in five.
I'll get my character up and we'll start. The plan is to start at some point today

I'll get my character up and we'll start. The plan is to start at some point today
Whoop! Have you made sure everyone is still on board, no pun intended? You didn’t really give anyone a timeline on when we would start, to the best of my knowledge.

smh all the stir fry's gonna be gone if you guys don't show up

You guys can go on ahead without me, unfortunately I won't be taking part. But yes, like Tulik I didn't get a notif, which is odd.

When I used to roleplay in the past there was an order of doing things that I used to employ. A sort of numbering system so everyone could respond (1,2,3,1,2,3) but since we don’t know everyone’s schedules and time zones, how would be the best way to handle it so everyone gets a fair shake to interact and react? I’m more than happy to slow the pace down if that’s what it takes to keep everyone happy.

Lefic Lefic Shagranoz Shagranoz Short Round Short Round

We could stint the replies to make things more accessible, or perhaps we could break things into scenarios that are easy to jump in and out of? It’s a shame you can’t post more, but I understand that. Not everyone has the same amount of free time.

Shagranoz Shagranoz
That's alright! Usually I also only post once or twice a day, but because I'm really available right now due to the quarantine, I'm posting more often. Feel free to go at your own pace!

Yeah, well, I work for the Dark Lord Waldemart, The Store That Must Not Be Named. Quarantine free time? What's that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back