• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Meanwhile in Adelport... the Hunt Begins

Which one do you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fayette Dirt
Devdan's shop
in room: FrostFire FrostFire Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly Elowyn Elowyn

Fayette lied to bed, half sitting so she could eat.
"Why there is wing show?"
Fayette didn't understand what is happening, he had wings? Why did he show them here and Mei was going to show her too? Mei was one who made her wear hood and mask when she wanted go outside. Why did she want show her wings to that girl, she had understanded that it taked long time before Sophie was let to safe house to see others.
"Is Sophie okay?"​

Devdan Whitmore and Abraxas
Start: Outside Devdan's shop- End: Devdan's shop (lower)
Interacting with: FrostFire FrostFire slim slim Geozaki Geozaki Veltsu VI Veltsu VI Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly Elowyn Elowyn
A sly smirk grew on Devdan's face as watched Edora do what her race excels at. He should know, after that experience at one of their villages he would have to be stupid to even think about going up against one. "I can see how you would be effective in your profession Edora, though I would recommend keeping your... unique physical form hidden not everyone appreciates it the pity that it is," he says in a melancholic manner to the scorpion assassin before turning to face Sophie. "Now while it may have taken courage to face those two alone, it also took a lack of forethought and sense, did you really have to take them alone," he says before sighing "'l'll be taking the weapon by the way" he says pulling the sword from her hands,". Walking back inside the shop, he places the sword back in its holder. If only Devdan wonders what would have happened if Sophie knew of the weapons true power. Going back to the back room, he starts to feel a pain in his head causing him to hold his head. Abraxas speaking up about the pain says "I too feel this helic pain, it must be from some angelic frame" with the term 'helic' being something he says in terms of a certain kind of pain. Devdan knew it must be Abraxas presence within him the reason for the pain yet he couldn't blame him. The two have felt it before in the presence of holy or angelic properties. They had learned that wearing a certain amulet helped in removing the pain. Grabbing from a container behind the counter and placing it upon his hand, Devdan returns to the back room to heal his hands.

Iskolde Raymar
Upper room
interacting w/ Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly FrostFire FrostFire Veltsu VI Veltsu VI
The strangest sensation overtook Iskolde as large fiery wings unfurled from the healer's back. The aura of holiness was unmistakable. "Angel," she whispered in reverence and awe. She continues to write: It is unmistakable. The Zantoric faith mentions them briefly, but they are increasingly rare. There was an urge within her to cower and quail at the show of such unearthly appendages but she fought it. She thought it would be rude to recoil from one who had helped her so much.

As the other lady entered bearing food, she was suddenly aware of her ravenous state. The food smelled very appetizing to the maid as she was so famished. How long had she traveled? She had no idea. The cat girl was obviously hungry too as she casually began to nibble on the edibles that were on the tray.

(sorry if I killed the rising tension of what zayn is, but I think that she would immediately jump to that since the Zantoric influence was pretty strong in the manor she worked in.)

Gazer Dawnchild (Zayn Brandr Ingram)
Upper room of Devdan's shop to back room of Devdan's shop
Interacting with: Elowyn Elowyn Veltsu VI Veltsu VI FrostFire FrostFire SirGrey SirGrey
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
il_570xN.674480364_h84k.jpg
"So, I am not the only one to think so. That is reassuring." Gazer nodded happily at Iskolde as he had caught the movement of her lips. He saw her struggle to not cower before him, and was pleased to see her succeed. Noticing how her eyes followed the tray of food, Gazer flew over and picked up a plate for Iskolde. He then flew back and lifter her into a more upright position before placing the plate on her lap. "Here eat."

He turned back towards Fayette. "Sometimes, it is easier to show someone truth than simply speak it, though I never lie anyway. Now eat and regain your strength." He answered Fayette before turning to Mei. "I thank you for your offer, but I do not believe that is necessary. Iskolde conviction and my past experiences make me sure that an angel is what I am, though most accounts of angels mark them as having wings of white feathers and not exhibiting nearly as much presence as I. I do think that your transformation, whatever it may be, would be beyond Iskolde's ability to handle at the moment."

Suddenly, Gazer became more aware of the space within his aura. There was a kind of presence he had never felt before. Instinctively, he knew that he should abhor the presence, but he sense no ill intent from it. "Excuse me. There is something I simply must investigate." Without waiting for a reply, Gazer swept out of the room and down the stairs. His large wings should not have been able to remain spread in the narrow staircase, but somehow that is what they did. Following the presence, Gazer flew into the store proper before immediately doubling back and entering the back room of the store. He was greeted with a strange sight as he flew into the room; it was Devdan, but there was also another being transposed on his form, like a shadow that could be worn.

"Devdan?"

Roman Rodriguez
a lab, location unknown
interacting with: N/A

In a room lit with the dim glow of the outside world, somewhat filtered through the silk screen across the window, an older man tinkered with some of his instruments. He was looking through a pair of dark-rimmed glasses at one of the instruments on the table before him. Specifically, a dial which was flickering quickly towards one extremity of its measurement scale. He rubbed his stubbled chin in thought. "Another perturbation, hm?" he murmured to himself. "The last time this happened..." and he was lost in thought. "Could be a manifestation? No, at this scale, there must be several within an area? The ley lines... but of course." On another table beside him there was a map of the New Continent unfurled to display an intricate series of lines hand drawn with graphite across the jet black ink. No less than three intersected at the city of Adelport near the port side of the town.

Back of Devdan's shop
Interacting with: FrostFire FrostFire slim slim Geozaki Geozaki Veltsu VI Veltsu VI Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly Elowyn Elowyn
At first, Devdan tried to lie or at least pretend nothing was wrong. "Oh hello Zyan can I help you, I hope its nothing to do with the others, I mean I know my cooking isn't great but.. but," Devdan says before sighing. He knew Zyan could tell, even if he didn't know exactly how he would find out. While he was talking Devdan looked through the cabinets from nothing expect an excuse not to looking Zyan in the eyes. Eventually, he could bear it no longer, his tense hands losing all their tension as he says "I knew you would find out at some point, yet I never knew how" as he close the back room door. "I'm not... ashamed of it which maybe says enough already but I.. I am intertwined as it were with a demon, Abraxas, for the questions you no doubt have, it happened years ago, I'm not quite sure how it works even to this day, ending would result in if not both then at least my death and well what can you say" Devdan says with a wistful almost mournful tone as he sits down in an almost apologetic manner. Standing up and going over to the angelic figure he says "I've only known you a few hours and I still believe you to be one of the most caring, intriguing and gorgeous people so being what you are while no surprise, after all you always did seems angelic, I understand if you wish to leave neither of us can change what we are deep down, hell without this amulet I can not being around you when you are your true self".

Back room of Devdan's shop
Interacting with: SirGrey SirGrey
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
Demon. Devdan was, for all intents and purposes, a demon, but he couldn't be. Unlike angel, who were referenced mostly in obscurity, demon account were surprisingly prevalent. Devdan was nothing like the demon in those accounts; he was genuinely charming, kind, and attentive. He also had not tried to kill Gazer on sight, even though most account said that angels and demons were the most bitter of rivals, surpassed only by angels' enmity for fallen angels. He knew his presence was causing Devdan to be agitated, but it wasn't with anger; it felt like fear.

"My form is causing you pain? That was not my intention." Almost immediately, Gazer concealed his wings and landed gracefully on the floor. He looked towards Devdan with concern, but did not step any closer; it always took a few moments for his holy energies to normalize. He noticed the way Devdan was holding his hands. "You are injured. Let me Heal you." Realizing, now, the ramifications of that offer, he elaborated. "I have salve and bandages upstairs if you'd like that instead. I do not even know if I could heal you with that demon, Abraxas, tied to your soul." Finally sure that his Grace was back to being simply grace, Gazer walked over to Devdan, reaching for his hands. There was no loathing or disgust in his shimmering eyes. There was nothing here to be repulsed by, for Abraxas may be a demon, but there was no malice in him nor in Devdan; it was actually quite the opposite. A demon with a big heart and a good soul. Oh the irony. Gazer would have laughed if he didn't think that Devdan would bolt.

Back of Devdan's shop
Interacting with: Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

Angel. He had thought about what they might be like, heard legend passed around from generation to generation, so much so that he could hardly believe it. Devdan was holding hands with an angel. In all the legends they were the proud protectors of the realm sworn to serve their master and so far above humans they consider us like we do an insect. Their history with demons sent shivers down Devdan. Yet no of these traits could remotely describe Zayn. Humble, free and compassionate, that is more along the lines of this angel. The only reaction Devdan showed was a genuine joy-filled smile.

"Y-yes I'm afraid so, and I never imagined it was, but the amulet does stop the pain," he says showing the device on his arm. The device was obtained a fair few years ago. Both the demon and the human believe it to be demonic in nature. "A shame a form of such beauty would cause me such pain," he says removing the device. The lack of holy energies meant a lack of pain for the intertwined souls. As Zyan grabbed his burnt hands, Devdan expected a mild sting, yet he only felt the soft touch of the divine being. "I yes I wouldn't like to imagine how the magic of angel would affect us both, but I;m sure the salve and bandage would be fine," he says in a jovial manner. Looking into Zyan's white eyes he felt at complete ease. He felt no anger or hate towards what should be a mortal enemy. Moving a tad closer he says "Isn't this what they write poems about, the mortal foes destined to battle, yet finding comfort and companionship in each other" he says as he moves closer, planting his lips to the angels.

2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
Gazer happily returned Devdan's smile easily. He listened to the man's words, eyeing the amulet for a second and resolving to look into it later, as he stared into Devdan's eyes. His smile brightened as the man continued to speak. He was content to just listen to Devdan talk as part of his focus was on Devdan's burnt hands and holding back his instinctive need to Heal them. So, he was completely caught off guard when Devdan leaned forward and kissed him quite chastely. The shock of his first kiss blanked out his mind for a second, which was more than enough for him to release a wave of Healing energy to restore Devdan's hands as well as remove every ache, pain and fatigue he might have otherwise been feeling.

Jinmeiyo Usui
Devdan's shop
Interacting with: Elowyn Elowyn , Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly , and Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Mei gave Fayette a bit of a look, "Do not worry about it, Fayette. And yes, Sophie will be fine.". She didn't feel the need to add anything much to the conversation, and merely nodded as Zayn spoke to her.

She was lost in thought again, and she stood there, only sparing a glance to Zayn as he flew out. Hmm... She had heard stories of angels, but only since she had come down from the hiding place of her people. The Tengu did have some sort of account of beings with wings, but they weren't considered godly beings, merely more creatures that resembled them.
She stayed in the room, as sort of a guardian for the two females, still lost in thought as she half payed attention to them.

Back of Devdan's shop
Interacting with: Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly
A mild, almost sinister laugh came from Devdan as he kissed Zyan. Seeing the confusion the angel's face was adorable. Deciding to push his luck, as he is often want to do, he makes the kissing a bit more forceful. Coming up for air as it were he says "As perfect as I imagine an angel would b-Gah!" in a rather coy manner before feeling something like a shock. As he pulls his hands away from Zyan in pain he sees his hands have healed. Putting two and two together he imagines the angel must have healed it. "I thought we went over that your magic and I doesn't mix" he syas while sitting back down trying to recover from the pain. "I mean it was only a kiss didn't know you would get that worked up over it" he says on a jovial tone trying to lighten the mood.

Fayette Dirt
Devdan's shop
In room: Elowyn Elowyn FrostFire FrostFire Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

( Elowyn Elowyn Fayette knows when not annoying Mei more, right when Mei just said go to back lying on bed. Last thing Fay would then do is get up and grab plate from Mei's hand.)

Fayette waited on bed from plate of food. As hungry than she was, she knowed that if she get up and grab plate from Mei's hand, Mei would punish her. She looked more surprised when angel left.
"Did fire do anything, Mei?"
Fayette looked to Mei. She felt that she was reason why they nearly get burned from alive.
"Is it reason why he left in hurry?"
Fayette wanted to get up and go after man to see what has happened, but Mei's look stop her.​

Last edited:
Jinmeiyo Usui
Above Devdan's shop
Interacting with: Elowyn Elowyn , and Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Mei blinked, coming out of her thoughts, as she handed the bowl to Fayette. "No, the fire didn't do anything. I'm sure Zayn left for another reason, Fayette. Please stay in bed, and eat your soup, child.", she smiled warmly at Fayette.
"Make sure to not make a mess...", she smiled faintly, and shook her head at Fayette.
Looking over at the other woman, she smiled wider. "Are you doing okay? Is there anything you would like me to get you, Miss?", she wanted to talk with her, but wasn't quite sure what to say. Her thoughts were still playing on her mind, so she had a distant look in her eyes, and was a little distracted as she spoke to them both.​

Sophie
Starting Location: Outside Dedvan's Shop
~Moving~
Interacting with: Veltsu VI Veltsu VI slim slim SirGrey SirGrey Elowyn Elowyn FrostFire FrostFire
Sophie watched the men as they made their escape, the father making some statement about his son telling the truth. Sophie loosened her grip on the sword, lowering her arm to her side so that the sword's tip as millimetres away from the floor. As Dedvan pulls the sword from her hand she willingly lets it go without any sort of struggle, she was actually glad to have it taken away from her. "I-I'm sorry..." She says guiltily, she hadn't really been thinking at all, she acted on her emotions, which she generally did a good job of suppressing, especially while in public. After a moment's pause, she made her way back into the shop, and up into the room on the upper level. She walked in silently, hoping not to draw too much attention to herself, whether or not anyone else agreed that she'd made the wrong choice, she was still feeling rather guilty about it.

Fayette Dirt
Devdan's shop
in room: Elowyn Elowyn FrostFire FrostFire Geozaki Geozaki

Fayette started eating soup when Sophie entered to room.
"Sophie! Are you alright? Did they hurt you?"
Fayette looked both scared and relief when seeing Sophie and very much ready to jump off from bed.
"Have them left or are they coming right now after me?"
Fayette tried to see behind Sophie.​

Last edited:
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
Gazer looked at Devdan with a stunned expression. He was more bemused than he could ever remember feeling, even more so than when he found out how babies were made and born. "I- I've never been kissed like that before; that was my first kiss." Gazer spoke in a daze as he brought his fingers to his lips in amazement. "My mind was wiped clean temporarily and I lost my grip on my powers." He had felt a surprisingly pleasant buzz of energy on his lips when Devdan kissed him. "I'm sorry that I Healed you. I was trying not to when you kissed me. I think it would be best if you did not do that again. Next time, it may be fire instead of Healing." Gazer was obviously disappointed with himself. He didn't want to halt Devdan from kissing him again, but he also didn't want Devdan in unnecessary pain or, heaven forbid, dead. Now that I am on land, I can research angels more effectively. There has to be a way to keep my presence from causing Devdan pain; I am here to heal, not hurt. Gazer meant well just as he always did, but this time there was more to it. This angel was starting to develop feelings for the man with a demon's shadow.

Edora Vale
Mentioned: SirGrey SirGrey Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly Geozaki Geozaki

Edora watched the group scurry off with an unreadable expression. She was really confused on why they had tried hurting the inhabitants of the shop, but it didn't matter now. Were they assassins? Yes, they had little or no experience and were painfully obvious, but if someone wanted another person who was in the shop killed then that was a problem.

The shop owner made a remark about Edora's lower body and she remembered that she was showing them in public. The sword the girl who was outside with Edora was then swiftly plucked from her grasp by the shop owner. She followed the two back inside and reverted back. She hated the transition since her senses were dulled and it was painfully obvious as she accidently bumped into the side of the counter like she was blind. It took a while to get used to it, and Edora returned to her spot behind the counter. Some winged man soon came and Edora furrowed her eyebrows as the shop owner and the bird man started talking. It was the man from before. She picked up the word "angel" and she nearly laughed at loud. Angels were supposed to be nice, but all the man had done was act rude towards her. It was to be expected she supposed. She had done too many unholy things to count. The angel looked less sinister with the shop owner, and Edora tilted her head at the exchange. Romantic feelings weren't lost on her, but it was a foreign concept. At least they were happy. Edora tucked her daggers back under her dress and went back to reading the large book in front of her. She'd probably buy it before she left. Actually, leaving now seemed like a good option. She knew when she was overusing her stay.

Back of Devdan's shop to Upstairs of Devdan's shop
Interacting with: Kallo Kallo FrostFire FrostFire slim slim Geozaki Geozaki Veltsu VI Veltsu VI Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly Elowyn Elowyn
Shaking his head for a moment, Devdan stands back to his feet. The pain was quick though that didn't make things any easier. The expression the angel had brought a bit of joy to Devdan, as you could tell he that he still contain some innocent naivety in him. "Sorry I had to be your first then, I'm sure there are much better out there," he says in a sardonic manner. Devan couldn't quite say the same, after all, he did just kiss an angel. There was almost this spark of energy when he brushed... well not really brushed more slammed his lips into Zyan's. "Yeah getting burned sounds like a bit too much of a risk for me... though don't go apologising for healing me it's what you good at and maybe next I should be a bit more careful," he says in an almost mournful tone. Devdan couldn't deny it, of course, he had an attraction towards Zyan, yet the pain stood in the way. As did the opposing sides in terms of race in general. He said it was poetic before now it seemed more like some kind of tragedy. As he moved to the door he says "I don't regret it, though, now come we should probably make sure your patients are okay" before opening the back room door. As he walks back the stairs, giving a glance to Edora and the stranger in the shop before heading upstairs. As he does Abraxas speaks to him "Conflicted are you with the heart being the source, I wondered will it be like the last time up started this course" not a mocking tone more a tone of remembrance. "I thank you for the concern, but I'm sure we this path will be heading much further" is Devdan's reply with the Abraxas saying "Demons and Angels are a poison mix, be careful we both don't end up down the Styx" as a final remark. Entering the room he looks over everyone saying "How are you two recovering?".

Iskolde Raymar
Upper room
Interacting FrostFire FrostFire Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly ( Veltsu VI Veltsu VI Geozaki Geozaki )
She slowly began to eat. Her head was still healing and as she gingerly took bites of the food, the other also inhuman lady asked if she could get her anything. This made Iskolde blush a bit out of embarrassment. Usually she was the one being a serving girl and no one had showed her such an abundance of kindness before. Placing the food down, the girl wrote with chalk: No you have helped me more than I would have expected of a stranger. So thank you. She held it up and once she knew the lady was finished reading, she erased the board and wrote again.

And as the storekeeper entered the room she wrote: I am grateful for your services. All of you have been so kind so I hope I can repay all of you somehow. If you are in need of a maid or serving girl I could render you my abilities.

Interacting with: SirGrey SirGrey slim slim Kallo Kallo
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
Gazer wanted to say more to Devdan, or at leeast he thought he did, but when he thought to reassure the downtrodden man that an angel and a demon could easily exist in peace, his mouth refused to open. Every once in a while, I wouldn't mind being able to lie. Gazer sighed before following Devdan out of the back room. He noticed Edora and the stranger in the store. He gave Edora a closer look before stepping up to her to gain her attention. His face was once again blank as he approached her. It was obvious that he did not care to be near her.

"I have been thinking about the first time we met, and I would like to apologize for treating you in such an offhand manner. My preoccupation with my patients is no excuse for being so needlessly rude. I know that I must appear quite the self-righteous, and pompous, fool to you, but I would have you know that I am nothing of the sort; I am capable of just as many mistakes as any small child. I now make it a point to tell you that while I greatly abhor whatever it is you do to carry such an air of death, I do not abhor you. Anyone who would guard the livelihoods of another with no foreseeable gain cannot be truly evil. That being said, I would thank you to keep your distance from me, for the proximity of such suffering makes me feel quite ill, and unlike Devdan who has an amulet to protect himself against me, I am already as cut off from my extra senses as I can be." Gazer spoke to Edora steadily, and his facial expression softened somewhat. His tone was formal but not forced.

Last edited:
Kal lance
Devdan's shop.
Interacting with: Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly SirGrey SirGrey
He only watched as Gazer had walked into the room. As well as Devdan. The only sing of realization of him would be a glance before a slight nod to himself as he continued looking around the room. Though a single feather would be visible near one of the shelves. Having seemed to appear from the air around it. Seeing as the air had a slight shimmer. An obvious amount of heat radiating off of the feather yet no damage being done to the wood nor the shelf. While the feather itself would be a pure crimson, about the length of an average man's forearm.

Edora Vale
Shop
Interacting: Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

Edora was surprised when the angel came over to her, and she gave him a curious look over the pages of her book. At least he had made his wings from before vanish so she wasn't being blinded. The man looked like a blank slate of rock as he spoke, and Edora was honestly surprised he was able to have romantic relations with anybody when he seemed to have the personality of wet clay. As he spoke, she just realized it was her. Even the demon was holier than her it seemed to appear, and Edora chuckled a little bit.

His apology seemed like he was also trying to jab at her, but she supposed it was better than nothing. The man looked like he didn't do this often or even attempt apologizing, so she just nodded in understanding.

"Dont worry. You won't have to deal with my unholy aura anymore. Ill be taking my leave soon. Can you ask your..." Edora trailed off when she realized she didn't know the official term to call the shop owner and this man. We're they lovers or trying to be sly with it and didn't want her saying that out loud? She didn't want to offend or say something wrong.
"Uh, can you get the shop owner down here? I want to buy this book and wouldn't want to get near your patients." Edora said as she closed the book and grabbed her bag off of the table and put it over her shoulder.

Jinmeiyo Usui
Above Devdan's shop
Interacting with: Elowyn Elowyn , Geozaki Geozaki , SirGrey SirGrey and Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Mei shook her head, "It is only decent of us all to help. It's what any civil person would do.", she smiled at the girl, and turned around to face Sophie.
"I trust nothing happened?", her tone was slightly frostier than usual, even if she was still generally friendly and polite towards Sophie, even if she didn't agree with what she had done, Sophie was an independent person.
Mei sighed at Fayette, the girl was too excitable sometimes. "Don't be silly, Fayette. They're gone. And I hope you understand the magnitude of the situation... You are most certainly banned from seeing those boys ever again, and I'm of a mind to not let you out for awhile.", she sighed, her clam expression serious. If she and Sophie had not been there to interfere, Fayette could very well have been killed, or worse. And she had put every member of the safe house in danger. Mei didn't get angry, but she was concerned that someone could be so rash and naive.​

Fayette Dirt
Devdan's shop
in room: Elowyn Elowyn FrostFire FrostFire Geozaki Geozaki SirGrey SirGrey

Fayette looks down to her soup in shame.
"I'm sorry Mei from being silly. I don't know why it's my fault that i get caught, how i should have know that girls from 2 years ago would be at beach today? And i don't even want to see those boys again, they would kill me now when they know truth about me."
Fayette started eating her soup again.
"How you by to way know what she says? She hasn't say anything after you come in room Mei."

Last edited:
Interacting with: slim slim Kallo Kallo
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
Gazer sighed and nodded. It seemed that his apology, however well intentioned, had been misinterpreted. He had tried to make amends and had failed, there was nothing more that he could do on this front. Besides, standing right next Edora was making him feel quite off balanced. He even saw a glowing crimson feather sitting on a shelf near the other occupant of the store. Wait, that feather was real wasnt it. "Excuse me a moment?" He said absently to Edora as he walked over to the feather and picked it up, without a second thought. His hand erupted in a small burst of golden flame for protection.

"Quite the curious thing. Is this yours?" Gazer turned to inquiry the boy with the eye patch stabding nearby. He was holding the feather aloft above his open palm with a thin circle of folden fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back