• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Meanwhile in Adelport... the Hunt Begins

Which one do you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kal lance
Devdan's shop
Interacting with Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly
He continued to browse through the items on the shelves as he started to walk away from the feather. Having failed to notice it having fell until the angel walked over. Addressing him as he looks over.
"No sir..." He gets out. Looking at the fire in his hand as he then raises an eyebrow. "I don't believe that belongs to me."
Though he does go to reach for the feather. Eyeing the flames while he nears his hand.
"Though...I do believe I can dispose of it if that's what you where referring to."
(Sorry about the absence...Life got a bit in the way.)

Gazer Dawnchild (Zayn Brandr Ingram)
5:37pm, Back room of Devdan's shop
Interacting with: @Chrysalism Kallo Kallo
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
il_570xN.674480364_h84k.jpg
"My flames won't hurt you; I do not allow them to. I would have you know that I know that you are lying to me. It is a lie without malice, but it crashes against my skin harshly all the same. This feather is yours. I do not remember you being a part of our party. Why would you follow us? Please, I implore you not to lie again. I mean you no ill and I will not force the truth from you. Be a bit more at ease." Gazer gave the boy a comforting smile. His ever present aura of well-being began to fill the room. Quenching his own flames with a thought, Gazer held out the predictably warm feather out to the boy. He wanted to know how the boy could produce such a feather; curiosity was his only motive, and that truth showed plainly on his face.

Iskolde Raymar
5:40pm, Upper Room
interacting with FrostFire FrostFire
She thinks for a moment then replies in writing: Then perhaps I have not met so many "decent people" in the slums before. I understand what you say, but I would like to repay you in some way for my own sake and for my own sense of decency. She was not used to taking advantage of anyone's generosity towards her and Iskolde had made up her mind not to start that day. Although injured, she was healing beyond what she could expect, even with assistance. This opportunity was too great not to take. What drew her to want to stick around with these strange beings? Nothing more than her own sense of morality and her burning curiosity. She had never heard of such peoples and wanted to learn more. Along with this curiosity was a flag of caution; these were, after all, powerful people with mysterious powers she could not comprehend. What was their place in the world? For what purpose were they created? And how come she had rarely heard of them being spoken of?

All these were curiosities she longed to have answered. But the situation was clear: she was unemployed, injured, and was being cared for by kind strangers who were stranger than she had imagined. Was it any wonder that she wished to somehow repay them? Get into their good graces?

Devdan Whitmore and Abraxas
5:47, Second floor of Devdan's shop
Interacting with: FrostFire FrostFire Geozaki Geozaki Veltsu VI Veltsu VI Elowyn Elowyn
Checking his pocket watch a second, he pondered over recent events. About the angel, the people who tried to burn his house down and the alarming amount of new people currently in his house. Deciding to take care of the latter option first he turns to Mei saying "You are your companions are most welcome to stay Mei I have this room as well as an another one downstairs, I believe letting them rest up for the night may be quite beneficial. Looking over to the recovering Iskode Devdan says "Now repayment will not be required we have simply as we would if anyone were injured but if you must repay me you can by heading my advice staying out of trouble for a while, may prove very useful to your future health" in a rather stern yet caring tone. Finally talking to Fayette he says "No one blames you for what happened today though after rest I would like you to tell me about these boys I would like to have word them as it were" he says before going over to a wall in the room and sitting down against it in a leisurely fashion.

Jinmeiyo Usui
5:48pm, Above Devdan's shop
Interacting with: Elowyn Elowyn , Geozaki Geozaki , SirGrey SirGrey and Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Mei bowed slightly to Devdan, "Thank you, I too believe it is best. One of us shall need to pop out for a bit, to notify the others of the situation...", she contemplated on whether she or Sophie should go. If she went, then she could go trough her house, although if Sophie went, she would have to take the abandoned railway entrance.
She smiled over at Iskolde, "Perhaps not, although less fortunate people sometimes cannot afford to be kind...", she mulled over her own words, for she too didn't exactly have the resources anymore to be kind to everyone as she wished she could be.
"I am sure one of us will be able to employ you. And if not, I interact with quite a few of the gentry of the city, who are always in search of experienced maids. That is if you don't mind working for them. Many are quite... Closed minded.", she made a bit of a face. Even if Mei loved her job, she wasn't as fond of the Zantorian gentry spouting prejudice and doing things she generally didn't agree with, as she obviously had to play along.​

Fayette Dirt
6:00pm, Devdan's shop
In room: FrostFire FrostFire Elowyn Elowyn Geozaki Geozaki SirGrey SirGrey

Fayette eated rest of soup quietly as Mei hadn't answered her question. It seems like it was stupid question, even if Fayette didn't know why it would have been stupid. After eating Fay maked sure that blanket was still covering her and then turned towards Devdan.
"So i have disguised myself as boy about 2 years"
Fayette looked to Mei to know if she said years right.
"So i could play with them. Before i joined to them i had tried to be with girls, i get bored to sitting still and playing with needles and dolls." I don't really know how long i was with them, over year?"
Fayette tried to look help from Mei again.
"Boys who i was with are: Bormox brothers Hunter and Wylie, lives where are nobles. Ramsey Bolton, son of blacksmith who makes weapons to Bormox's house. Then there is Aelfraed Walston from bookshop, Walden Sailor from Port and Jeffrey Dirt from slums."
Fayette's ears go down and she looked sad.
"Walden and Jeffrey had been kindest to me, possibly because we three are fatherless. They didn't harm me today, only hold me at place."

Last edited:

Iskolde Raymar
5:40pm, Devdan's Shop
interacting with FrostFire FrostFire SirGrey SirGrey Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Bile rose in her throat at the idea of working in another manor for Zantorics, although she knew the suggestion was a practical one. She didn't even want to contemplate that any longer, much less return to her old lifestyle. Although it wasn't particularly harsh, her history made it difficult to think of it. Her emotions were too raw and revulsion towards her ungrateful masters were too real although she did want to deny their existence.

She wrote: I cannot stomach working in another manor. All I have received while working under one of them were scraps and the treatment of a broken utensil. I owe my gratitude to both of you and the healer. If I may come into the employ of one of you it would ease my heart greatly.

Assuming that it might take a while for them to consider and then reply, she put down her stub of white chalk and took another bite of the food they had given her. All she wished to do was to put the past behind her. Bury it. Destroy the memories. Let it sink so deep into oblivion that the coldness she had received would vanish completely from her mind. And it surprised her that she felt this way. She had been taught to be grateful for whatever she received, and she was grateful. But only to these rescuers. As much as she hated to admit it even to herself, there was a darkness in her heart towards the wealthy rich employers who cared so little about the ones who served them. Her heart was completely for the poor and overlooked of society, and those were the ones she wished to serve. She hoped that they would see her for who she was and that they could benefit from the work of her hands.

(Sorry for the silence.)
Kal Lance
Devdan's shop.
He only slowly took the feather from his hand as he looked the man over. Glaring slightly as he seemed to see right through his lie.
"Well...I only followed sense I was curious about what had happened...As well as your ability to somehow get everyone in a bar to look away from what looked like an attempted murder scene. And for how I got this feather. Well in all honesty they seem to just fall from my cloak at random times...I don't understand why."

5:39pm, Back room of Devdan's shop
Interacting with: @Chrysalism Kallo Kallo
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
"So, you are at a loss for what you are as well, though at least I am more sure of what I am. That is alright. Though, I would hazard to assume that these feathers fall from you, and not the cloak." Gazer contined to smile at the boy even through the slight glare he'd received. Standing as close to the boy as he was now, Gazer was a bit perplexed, because he sensed fire from the boy but no heat. "I am called Zayn Ingram. Would you tell me your name young man? We now know more about each other than most people learn over the course of months. What is a name conpared to our most closely guarded secrets?"

Gazer was silently fascinated by the near instant accumulation of inhumans in his vicinity after unknowingly meeting just one. He was beginning to wonder if this was one of the reasons the Captain never let him off the ship when they would dock. If it were, he could see why. Gazer stood out naturally amongst humans, because he was too bright, too symmetrical, too flawless. Those features seemed to shine out more when surrounded by creatures trying so hard to remain hidden in plain sight. If I do somehow draw inhumans to myself, I wonder the reason and cause.

Kal Lance
Devdan's shop
He only raises an eyebrow slowly as he hears first response from Gazer. Looking him over slightly before shaking his head slightly.
"I doubt it's not from the cloak. As for my name That would be Kal Lance. I also am confused as to what you mean by most closely guarded secret. I have a cloak that drops feathers. So?
He only would be glancing around slightly as he looked the 'man' over. The flame behind the eyepatch only burning slightly brighter while remaining in its little cover.

5:41pm, Back room of Devdan's shop
Interacting with: Kallo Kallo
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
"Again, I sense your lack of truth. You have seen one of my secrets, and though I cannot see it, I can feel yours. You suspect something of yourself, or know it and will not allow yourself to see the truth. We both know that there is more to you than meets the eye, and that I your most closely guarded secret, Kal Lance." Gazer took a step closer to Kal, his eyes sliding over the boy with focused intensity, gazing for the truth. It was not his intention to pursue Kal's secret so intensely, but Gazer was an angel that sought truth almost as much as he sought to heal. "There are many in this world who are far more observant than I, with or without my sense for the truth, if I can single you out simply from speaking to you, imagine what a trained observer could glean from your movements and speech patterns."

6:01 pm, Second floor of Devdan's shop
Interacting with: FrostFire FrostFire Geozaki Geozaki Veltsu VI Veltsu VI Elowyn Elowyn Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly Kallo Kallo @Chrysalism
Listening to Fayette brought a wistful smile to his face at first. It had been so long since he had been at her age that it almost felt like a wistful dream. As she goes into details about the 'boys' as it were, he loses his melancholy it replaced by a more bitter feeling. "Holding against will is still a crime, as is trying to burn us alive, while I have no say in this," he pauses looking to Mei before continuing on "I would suggest you cut your ties with them until we figure what would cause them to act in such a deranged manner" before putting his empty soup bowl down. Checking his pocket watch another time Devdan let out a small sigh. He would have to make sure he had the sleep arrangements in order. The room he, Sophie, Mei, Iskolde and Fayette could house about two to three people as could the other room downstairs. They would have to come up with who shared with who though he imagined they would already have an idea. "Well I leave businesses under your own watchful gaze," he says in a respectful tone before speaking to Iskolde saying "Never met someone so ready to being employment most people avoid it as much as possible, still we may discuss it more tomorrow, the idea of business talk does little to keep me awake" he says with a smile and an "Adieu" before heading back downstairs. Once there he speaks to Edora saying "Sorry to say my dear but I may have to ask you to bid us Adieu, I don't think you want to stay though that isn't to say I don't welcome thy company simply the night draws near and I must close up the shop soon" he says in a polite tone before turning to Kal and Gazer saying "Sorry to say sir that I must ask the same for the same reason, though you healer are welcome to stay, in case the injured party requires any more of your aid".

Last edited:
Fayette Dirt
6:05 pm, Devdan's shop
In room: Elowyn Elowyn FrostFire FrostFire Geozaki Geozaki (mentioning SirGrey SirGrey )

Fayette started crying after Devdan's had said that holding other was crime, in way that it make sound bad as burning others alive.
Fayette had holded Sailor once when he had refused bullying his sister. If she hadn't holded Sailor then, she too could have been beated by Hunter that day. It had been one of the days when she had thinked leaving group, but she had stayed because Sailor had forgived her and Jeffrey's parts of his punishment.
Jeffrey had always played with her when others where swimming, as both didn't know how to swim. She knowed that he would do anything that stronger boys would have ordered from same reason why she and Walden would.​

Kal Lance
Devdan's shop. To the streets.
Interacting with Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly SirGrey SirGrey
He only looked at the angel with a slight growl sounding from deep in his throat. As he then starts to shake his head once more. As he then returns the movement towards him with a glare.
"The only reason you can 'single me out' from a group is your unnatural abilities. As for myself. Nothing is unusual with me as far as the common man is concerned." He held back yelling with a few forceful words. Though he quickly turned to Devdan as he noticed that he was closing shop. As he was then addressed.
"Of course sir. I wouldn't mind leaving. Was doing so soon anyways." As he then nods to Devdan.Glaring over once more at the angel as he steps out the door. "...And I believe that in terms of a skilled observer...none have figured me out yet."

iskolde-2-jpg.286458
Iskolde Raymar

time: 6:07 pm
mood: grateful
goal: find work to sustain herself, pay back those who helped her

Then the shopkeeper warned the cat-girl to keep away from the ones who had hurt her, for it was now apparent that they had been the ones who had threatened to harm them by setting fire to the building! Iskolde wondered why they were so impulsive and what their motivation was. Could it really be that they heaped abuse on the poor girl because she wasn't a boy? Or did they actually find out that she was not human? Whatever their purpose, it seemed like a wise suggestion and she hoped that the unhuman girl would learn her lesson. She reminded Iskolde of some of the younger children of nobles and she burst into tears after Devdan had said his bit.

Feeling altogether sorry for the girl, she patted her back gently-- or perhaps cautiously-- and gave a small wan smile. It wasn't her fault the world was treating her cruelly as well. It seemed that those with power abused it, using their advantages to harm lesser people. It was something that Iskolde had felt distinctly uncomfortable with, chafing at her sense of morals. Simply put, she didn't believe that it was right. Even the Zantorics would use violence to get their way, not mindful of what the repercussions were... or perhaps in their religious zeal to please they simply didn't care.

interacting with Veltsu VI Veltsu VI SirGrey SirGrey and any others in the room

6:05pm, Front room of Devdan's shop to upper room
Interacting with: Kallo Kallo SirGrey SirGrey @Chrysalism Elowyn Elowyn Veltsu VI Veltsu VI FrostFire FrostFire Geozaki Geozaki
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
Gazer did not react as Kal glared at him openly. He merely stood and watched as the boy stormed out of the store, in quite the huff. "My, is he a troubled youth with a layered past. Well, what is done cannot be undone, I'm sure that I'll run into him again." Gazer held his chin as he contemplated Kal and spoke to himself aloud. Nodding to himself and filing the entire exchange away for later consideration, Gazer turned around and faced Devdan. He gave the tall man a simple smile. "I had planned on staying upstairs with my patients. I'll watch over them for the night, though I doubt that anything untoward will occur. I meant to inform you sooner that Mrs. Vale would like to purchase a book from you before leaving the store. I'll be heading upstairs now." Gazer slid past Devdan easily and gave Edora a simple respectful nod before climbing the narrow stairs to the upper room.

Gazer climbed the stair effortlessly and walked into the room to witness Fayette's cries and Iskolde's attempts to console the small cat girl. Allowing the two to have their moment without his interference, Gazer set about cleansing his used tools with a simple touch, and packing up his bag. Once the straps were again secured, Gazer placed the bag on the floor, against the wall, under the window. Turning to face the room's occupants, he engaged them all. "Has everyone already decided on their course of action for the evening?"

Fayette Dirt
6:10 pm Devdan's shop
Interacting: Elowyn Elowyn FrostFire FrostFire
Fayette grasped by Iskolde's light shift when she felt patting and started crying on it.
Day had been terrible after getting to beach, not only she had beed beated, stabbed and nearly drowned, she had lost two good friends, exposed herself as 'monster' and lastly nearly get those who helped her burned alive. But somehow one of she had nearly get killed and seemed to be human, showed her more sympathy than anyone before.
Fayette keep holding of shift as she slowly falled back to sleep. Little before Fayette started sleeping she let out small purring and taked hold of shift with her claws, unbeknownst and without hurting Iskolde and her tail intertwine to Iskolde's leg, exposing back of Fayette. when blanket unfolded.

(Done, 5 lines (at editing screen there is 8 1/2 in PC) if you see anything lewd, problem is in your head don't bother me from it. I don't what write anything before RP morning anymore)​

Last edited:
Jinmeiyo Usui
6:10pm, Above Devdan's shop
Interacting with: Elowyn Elowyn , Geozaki Geozaki , SirGrey SirGrey , Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly and Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Mei had gone quiet again, as she was trying to reason out in her head what the plan of the night would be. She didn't want to leave Fayette here, the now sleeping girl was unstable, and Mei was worried that she would go and get herself killed.
She noticed Fayette's claws in Iskolde's clothing, and walked forwards, dislodging her claws from the fabric, and smiling a little apologetically at Iskolde.
"She still has much to learn, about everything. Sigh, and she stubbornly refuses to learn.", shaking her head, she turned round to face Zayn, "I... I'm not entirely sure. Oh! Does anyone happen to have some scroll and a quill? Perhaps I had better ask Devdan... Ah, yes. We will be staying here tonight, so that I can keep an eye on Fayette.", she had only ever done it once before, which is why this particular trick had slipped her mind for a moment.​

6:13 pm, First floor of Devdan's shop
Interacting with: Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly @Chrysalism Kallo Kallo
"I do believe you managed to quite excellently piss someone off, I didn't know you had it in you," Devdan says sarcastically towards Zayn. "Though I do believe you are right, though, he is indeed a troubled one, and I do believe he may cross our little groups' path again, whether that be good or bad," he says wish aristocratic toned voice making the end query seem an even more deadly omen. In terms of observation of the stranger man, Devdan had been picking things up over the day. He carried himself like a man who has known intense work, farmer maybe. The man's eye patch was stranger, the skin around it showed no inclination of damage to the skin below it. Either he was over reacting over the wound, or maybe there was no wound, a peculiar costume choice? Still, the third thing was a feather, he caught a glimpse of it in Zyan's hand. Now bird in this land had it, nor had any other. At least to Devdan's eyes. Further study needed.

As Zayn told of his plan Devdan says "I imagined as much I hope you will find the place comfortable, we maybe discuss the room another day, I fear this day has run its course" in a claim friendly manner. As Zayn went upstairs Devdan adds another mental note. His feelings. He had known him for such a short time yet he couldn't help feel something for this man. Yet with his nature as creature and his nature with love well... Further study needed. Turning to Edora he says "Well Ms Vlae I take it the book you ant is the one you have been reading all day, well consider the full vial you gave me more than enough payment" he says with a smile with his rich voice bring across the genuine nature of his offer. "Despite some of my companions, I do hope our paths course again, someone in your murky grey line or work is always useful to have around, besides there is so much of your race's beauty and grace I have yet to finish exploring," he says in a flirtatious manner. Saying "Adieu" he heads up the stairs.

iskolde-2-jpg.286458
Iskolde Raymar

time: 6:15pm
mood: sleepy
goal: rest

It came as a surprise when the cat-girl was instantly receptive to contact with her and started to fall asleep. Small purring noises came from the cat-girl which Iskolde thought was actually quite adorable. When her claws hooked into the thin undershirt she was wearing, Mei unlatched her. She nodded and smiled at her comment about Fayette needing to learn.

Signing to Zayn: I think I will stay tonight. The shopkeeper and I will talk about business tomorrow. If there is anything I can do to repay you, do tell.

interacting with: Veltsu VI Veltsu VI FrostFire FrostFire Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly
mentioned: SirGrey SirGrey

6:15pm, Front room of Devdan's shop to upper room
Interacting with: Elowyn Elowyn Veltsu VI Veltsu VI FrostFire FrostFire Geozaki Geozaki
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
Gazer watched Iskolde sign out her reply and smiled at her. "I see. Well, there isn't anything I ask for helping others. All I need is what it takes for me to do my job. So, once you've had the time to speak with Devdan, just help me collect some natural medicine ingredients sometime. Maybe you'll be able just help me around the city as well; I am quite newly arrived." Gazer spoke as he retrieved his pen case from his bag. The case was simple but well made. It contained two quill pens, a pen knife, and rolls of variously sized parchment. He also pulled out a tightly lidded and secured ink horn. He stood and handed these over to Mei. "Here you are. There are two different kinds of ink in the horn, so be careful how you open it, and feel free to use any size of parchment from the selection." He smiled at Mei before going back to Iskolde's side of the room.

Picking up the only chair int he small room, Gazer carried it around the bed and placed it against the wall for either Sophie or Mei to sit in. He walked back and sat back against the wall beside his bad, under the window. "Are you feeling well, Iskolde?" He inquired calmly.

iskolde-2-jpg.286458
Iskolde Raymar

time: 6:17pm
mood: sleepy
goal: rest

The girl shifted Fayette so she was in a better position and didn't obstruct her hands.

'I would love to assist you around.' Iskolde signed and then sighed. 'Although that will have to wait until I am well enough to get around. With your help, my recovery has been sped up greatly so thank you.' To his latter question she answered, 'I do not feel "well" physically, yet when I am around you...' Here she stalled and then signed more hesitantly 'I get the feeling that I am well despite that. I feel well... in here.' She gestured to her heart. 'I am not sure if I am making sense. Do you understand me, healer?'

interacting with: Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly
mentioned: Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

6:17pm, Upper room of Devdan's shop
Interacting with: Elowyn Elowyn
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
"Yes, I understand what you mean. Others have told me that they feel a since of wellness in my presence. I also understand that I cannot force wellness in anyone who actively resists it, at least not in this form, which means you are already feeling somewhat comfortable within your heart." Gazer gave her an understanding smile. "I would greatly enjoy your company around the city, so rest and feel better soon. Will you need any help sleeping?" Gazer inquired as he remembered how late it was getting and the amount of time that people tended to sleep after he Healed them. Once everyone had gone to sleep, he planned to also sleep, for an hour or two, to refresh himself; Healing and manifesting were draining endeavors regardless of how he approached them.

Jinmeiyo Usui
6:20pm, Above Devdan's shop
Interacting with: Elowyn Elowyn , Geozaki Geozaki , SirGrey SirGrey , Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly and Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

"Ah, thank you very much.", Mei bowed slightly as she took the case, smiling in thanks. The air around the case changed, the best way to describe it would be a ripple of pressure surrounding the case, and Mei let go. Instead of dropping to the floor, it hovered, and opened, the contents floating out as if there was no gravity.
A small piece of parchment waved out, a quill, and the ink horn, which opened slowly on its own, the pen dipping in. It wrote daintily on the parchment, quickly scribbling out a message, in a language that would be unknown to all but the inhabitants of the safe house. It was the native language of Mei's hometown, which she had taught them so that encoded messages could be sent back and forth, or spoken aloud, without prying eyes or ears.
The note written, the horn re-secured itself, and went back in the case with the pen, as did the parchment that was in excess below the letter, ripped cleanly by the invisible hands.
Everything back in the case, Mei took hold of it again, and went round to hand it to Zayn. "My gratitude. Is there anything I can offer in return?", she asked as the note still floated, waving slightly as it hovered.

6:17pm, Upper room of Devdan's shop
Interacting with: FrostFire FrostFire
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
Gazer accepted his pen case back with a nod of acknowledgement. "That was an interesting display. Is it a regular occurrence for you to use your power like this, in the sanctity of your own home, of course?" He was honestly quite amazed at the amount of control Mei exerted over her powers, silently wishing that he could find someone like him to teach him. If only I could be so lucky. He thought wryly as she asked if she could offer anything in return. "There is no need to repay me. Think of it as a gift, not a favor. Kindness has its own reward." Gazer shook his head to decline any kind of recompense. He saw no point in asking for anything just for the use of a pen and a scrap of parchment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back