• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Meanwhile in Adelport... the Hunt Begins

Which one do you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elowyn

word weaver
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
[ the CITY-STATE of ADELPORT ]

entering the main (Zantoric) district from the outskirts (Isldrassilic farms)
town4.jpg
*~*~*~*
canoeing in one of the canals that help irrigate crops
coastal1.jpg
*~*~*~*​

: General Situation :
Today is Y555, M4, D08. There are whispers on the wind of a Quintulian revolution, but those could be mere rumors. Certainly there are no hard facts to back them up.

Trade between the Isldrassilic people and the Zantorics is flourishing despite tensions on both sides. The Isldrassilic grow restless with the way the Zantorics treat them. The Zantorics are frustrated by their continual resistance to their faith.

There have also been a few scattered tales of a Plague that has decimated a few cities... but those are in the North that lacks trade. Surely, we are safe here?

" HELLO, citizen. Where will your ventures take you today, I wonder...? "

Posting Format
[name of character]
[place; be specific (hallway, restaurant, shop, nearby forest)]
interacting with: [tag; you can put specifically "talking to (tag)" or "eating with (tag)"].

: The City :

Ah Adelport, located near the bustling Port Royale and sporting a large and religiously centered populace as well. The city was built around a Zantoric temple which is located in the city centre. The people there include traders and merchants, slum-folk, scribes, and of course the Zantoric Order which keeps the peace through its skilled paladins.

The scenery is lush and beautiful, complemented by flowing canals than channel water to the outermost regions of the city state where Isldrassilic farms are located. Truly, those of the Isldrassilic faith are handy with their crafts and machinery and flourishing crops; just one more reason to trade with them despite a difference of beliefs.

Meanwhile in the slums a new rebellious force brews: the followers of Quintulias. These faithful men and women of rags and alms bowls embrace a new life of generosity and brotherhood despite their tough living conditions. They have learned the Ways of Secrecy and have built the Underground System.

Notable Areas: the Docks, Manor Lane, Adelport's Zantorric Temple, "Railroad stations" (Underground System safe-houses for any who seek refuge)

: The People - Important Figures :

The Silver Gloved, Emalie Petyrsson
A major priestess of the Zantoric faith. She wears silver gloves, quite literally gloves woven with threads of silver made by Isldrassilic clans, as is quite young to achieve such a lofty position. She has short dark hair cut harshly straight. An efficient and utilitarian woman, E. Petyrsson will use anything to gain the advantage... just short of heresy and/or treason.

The Rookie, Lief Simmons
A lower-level grunt of the Zantoric pyramid of classes and an honest young man. He has some potential to move up the ladder to greater power. Choppy brown hair that spikes a little covers his head. He wears glasses of Isldrassilic make that frame his eyes in bold black rims. Lief is respectful of others and life in general. Currently he is both messenger and scribe to the Zantoric Priests.

Head of the Weekly Distribution, Fendrius Wormwood
As head chairperson of a weekly publication, simply called the Weekly Distribution, he is an older man who prides himself on his connections. He claims to publish "all occurrences of any importance" within the city of Adelport and beyond. He has salt and pepper hair and a lined face that has aged more gracefully than some. Although he is quite intelligent, it is not always evident when first meeting him and he often uses that to his advantage. F. Wormwood is somewhat manipulative when it strikes his fancy and considers himself "an observer of humanity, calmly documenting the pinnacle of its foolishness and beauty."

Supernaturalist Doctor, Roman Rodriguez
A most unusual man who looks to be in his forties. Many would call him "eccentric" if not something worse for his, ah, occupation. He writes scientific papers about creatures he calls "Supernaturals" but which he can never get published due to outright derision. He has a complete theory on ley lines and how the places they intersect attract these "supernaturals." He further claims that Adelport is built on one of these crossroads and that there are "supernatural beings right in our midst!" to much public humiliation. R. Rodriguez has graying reddish hair that inspired the nickname "the old fox" and a shade of stubble across his chin.

Attachments

• town3.jpg
    town3.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Jinmeiyo Usui
Adelport, Mei's home on the shore (above the safe house) - In the training/practice/combat room (moved by end of post)
Interacting with: Open for interaction
proxy.php

Wearing:
images
Mei swung the wooden staff, and it hit the dummy with a dull thwack, sending the large and very heavy cloth bound lump spiralling back a few feet from the force of the blow. The sliding doors of the large, mostly empty room were open, the patio just beyond the step, which was suspended a little above the water.
She back flipped backwards, using the pole as leverage to get further away, and the minute she landed, she spun to the left as if she were dodging an invisible enemy that only she could see, the staff blurring around her dangerously.
She was no close to the dummy again, and she brought the staff in a swooping arc around her and above her head, hitting the dummy right on the top, and splitting the fabric, the weights inside the lumpy object spilling out.
Moving to a casual position, the staff vertical by her side, she sighed. It was easy to get caught up in the moment, and forget that the dummy you were fighting could actually break. Snow wouldn't be happy with her, as it was the 3rd time that week that she had managed to damage a dummy, which weren't cheap, mind.
She had been practising since early morning, and it was probably time for a break. Her strict schedule, which was mainly dictated by the Zantorian faith, but also her heavy regime of practice, lessons and duties that she was required to uphold throughout the day. She had already performed the morning ritual, which she did as soon as she woke up. A public image needed to be upholded, even in private, because one never knew who could be watching.
Everyone else aibided by their own agenda's, but they were all certainly much more relaxed than Mei's own strict schedule.

She put away the staff in the weapons cabinet, and locked it securely after everything was neat and tidy. Cleaning up the room a bit, she haphazardly re-stuffed the dummy, slinging it over her shoulder, and closing the patio doors, also locking them, before leaving the room. She kept all the doors into her house locked at all times, a force of habit.

Her house was large, and luckily right on the waters edge in a secluded and quiet area with very little bustle or people.
The combat room was by far the largest room in the house, the rest of it was relatively small in comparison, with a small single bedroom, a tiny washroom complete with inhouse ((old english for toilet)) adjacent to the bedroom, and a medium sized kitchen and living space. All was fit for one person, and to enter the house properly, one had to first go through the combat room, which was the room the entrance led to, and go right to the end of the expansive space, and through a small and narrow door right in the corner opposite the water facing side of the house.

Mei, still lugging the dummy, went through this door, into the kitchen/ living room of the space she actually lived in, her bedroom off to one side. She put the dummy down, and had a drink of water from a jug she always kept full, with water from the well just a little ways from her house.
After quenching her thirst, she picked up the dummy again, and went into her room. The room was small, the main feature the bed in one corner, and a nice sized window opposite it, overlooking the water, vast and empty.
She looked out of the window, as per usual, nothing out of the ordinary. Good. She went to her wardrobe, what clothes she had were hung up neatly in one corner, which was next to the bed, and build out of the wall and floor. Opening it, she tapped her foot on the solid and very thick wooden bottom, the same wood as the flooring for the rest of the house (apart from the combat room, which was a different kind of wood), and as she applied pressure just so, the panel lifted, and she bent down, levering it up.
It was a trap door, and she climbed in, going down the ladder with one hand, the other holding the dummy as she descended.

Being only a short ladder, she reached the bottom quickly, and was faced with a dirt passage, which she walked down.
At first it descended, twisting and turning deeper into the earth for a minute before it began to go uphill again. She reached a wooden door, and opened it, walking through.

She was greeted with 2 distinct voices, one soft and breezy, the other stronger with more attitude. "Good morning, Mei.", they said in unison. "Are you two the only ones here? It's a bit late to still be asleep, isn't it?", she chuckled, knowing full well that Rain would certainly still be in bed. She grinned at Blaze and Snow, who were chatting next to Snow's sewing kit and table.

The room she had walked into was large, perhaps even bigger than her beloved combat room, and was filled with stuff, the possessions of each person that lived in the safe house. This was the main room, with each persons bedrooms having doors coming from this main room. It also has 2 other corridors leading from that room, one which lead to an underwater cave, their gateway into the water, which was a lovely bubble of air in the otherwise liquid filled caves around the port. It was also incredibly difficult to get to from the surface.
The other led off to an abandoned railroad, the entrance from that t the passage here was guarded by a door, enchanted by Mei using her air manipulation so that only those who knew how to get in, could.

The two women chuckled at Mei's remark, and Blaze answered. "Well, I'm sure they're around somewhere. Rain was dragged out of bed, kicking and screaming by Bee. They've gone for food. I'm sure the others are around somewhere, probably still in their rooms.", the fire demons lava tongue licked her glowing red lips, as she looked forward to their meal.
The Snowflake then realised that Mei carried a broken dummy, and sighed. "Ah well, at least you're giving me something to do!", the tiny woman stood up on the table as Mei brought the broken dummy to her, resting it against one of the legs, and Snow jumped down onto it, needle and thread already in hand. "Well, at least it's a clean split this time! It shouldn't take me longer than 5 minutes.", she said as she began to stick the seams together by freezing them, and them stitching that in place.
Blaze, bored by the conversation, went over to a stone alcove, where the kitchen was situated. They had made a few stone worktops, and usual pots and pans were stored underneath these. A pantry was through a small door on one side. "Now then...", impatient, Blaze decided not to wait for fresh fish, and pulled out a preserved one from the pantry, her metal gloves clanking as she grabbed a frying pan from under the counters. She sat on a circular stone table-esque thing, which was already slightly melted from where she had sat before, and balanced the pan, fish in it, on her legs. The fish immediately began to cook, and Mei sat on one of the many chairs in the room, as the 3 women continued their small talk.
proxy.php

proxy.php
Elowyn Elowyn StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Geozaki Geozaki Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Fayette Dirt
Adelport, Safe house below Me's house
Fayette's room => Kitchen
Interacting: FrostFire FrostFire
Screenshot-26.jpg

Fayette waked at her room to smell of fish. She jumped off from bed, not bothering switch from her nightgown to day clothes, she then headed to kitchen.

At outside of kitchen she slowed down and sneaked inside kitchen.
(\/ edited later post to here because warning)
Fayette entered silently in kitchen, unnoticed by three women. She sneaked around them towards fish pan and pick up it whit her claw when Blaze wasn't looking, she then turned around and started making way out.​

Last edited:
Gazer Dawnchild (Zayn Brandr Ingram)
The road to Adelport; coming from Port Royale
interacting with: Open for interaction
Gazer Dawnchild, of Adelport.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
il_570xN.674480364_h84k.jpg

They were docking. After years on the sea coming to terms with his loss of family, home, and identity, Gazer was finally going to step foot onto the New World. Seeing the hustle and bustle of activity around Port Royale, he could help but smile at the situation, and every face that turned in his direction, which is to say all of them in time. The sky was slightly overcast, the temperatures were fair, and the winds were wide awake; it was a perfect day to meet new people, and Gazer was more than ready to do so. After all, his mother always said that he could never have enough friends.

"You gonna be leaving us now, Brandr?" Gazer turned from looking over the ship's railing and immediately hugged the ship's cook, Bjorn. He was a mountain of a man long, dirty blond hair, well-kept beard, and friendly face. He returned Gazer's hug instinctively, lifting the young man into the air in the process. It was a desperate hug, from both parties, and lasted much too long, yet not nearly long enough.

"You know as well as I that I cannot stay upon this vessel, no matter how much I would like to. I can never return to the Old World." Bjorn sighed heavily as he set Gazer back down. He'd heard that response before. He knew it was true, but he hated that fact.

"I know. Don't mean I gotta like it though. When are you gonna say goodbye to everyone?" Bjorn and the ship's Captain were the only ones who knew Gazer's past and his true name. His brow wrinkled above his baby blues with worry. He had a feeling that he already knew the answer to that question, as well.

"I am doing so now, Grandfather. I'm sorry." Bjorn was only 34, but he had the wisdom and personality of a man twice his age, so everyone on-board called him that, though in their favored language and accent. He nodded in understanding before pulling Gazer into another hug; this hug over in a second but carried a conversation. Bjorn was losing the grandson he never had.

Over the next hour, Gazer went around the ship saying his farewells to the crew in a similar fashion. Many of the crew only pulled Gazer into a side hug. Everyone had learned, the hard way, that even though none of them fancied men, close proximity to Gazer forced their bodies into more carnal states. Gazer was completely oblivious to the havoc he wrought on the poor men, excluding Bjorn and the Captain, and managed to get a full hug from every crewman, against their best judgement.

Finally, only his farewell to the Captain was left. The Captain of Rising Wing was a complex and universally private man. It was a fact among all seafarers that if Captain William Allbright wasn't sailing a legitimate passenger and cargo ship, he'd be a pirate, and a damned good one. He was not a bad man, but he was ruthless and did not take lightly to being disrespected. He gave no quarter and expected all his men to follow procedure. Gazer was obviously the exception to all of that, because no one else would enter his cabin without being summoned or asking to be allowed entry.

"How many times have I told you to knock before coming in Zayn?" William's gruff voice rang out as he finished drying off and stepped into his underwear. He continued to dress as Gazer gracefully strolled over, picked up a comb from the table, stepped onto a short stool, and began combing the man's waist-length black hair.

"I do not recall ever having such a conversation Papa." Gazer replied softly as he combed through his adoptive father's hair, untangling knots and tangles with practiced ease. "I do, however, recall telling you that I would come to help you clean up for today." William scoffed as he tucked his shirt into his pants, and secured them with a belt.

"That's only because this is the last day you'll get the chance to. Are you really going, Zayn?" He sighed as he sat down infront of his mirror and groomed his mustache and beard. In perfect sync, Gazer followed and continued to comb hi s hair.

"Grandfather asked the same thing and he already knew the answer, as well. Why do you two keep asking?" Gazer replied without emotion as he braided the black hair in the same fashion as his own, adding the Captain's various charms and beads as he went.

"Because we hope that you'd change your damn mind!" William slammed his fist down on the table in frustration, upsetting the bottles and vials on the table. A few even smashed against the wooden floor. "You don't have to leave. We can keep you safe." Gazer finished braiding and tied everything off with a silver ribbon just second before his father whirled around and pulled him into a tight hug, knocking over the chair in the process. "Please don't go. Please!" William Allbright had been unable to shed tears since his 12th birthday, but the despair in his voice made it obvious that he would be crying now if he could.

"Papa, you have to go back to the Old Country. I can never go back. If I cannot stay, then I must leave. I do not wish this or the pain I am causing you all, but I must go." Gazer's own voice mirrored his father's as they stood there.

"We can come back for you. It is only a few months sail there and back. We could-"

"Papa NO!" Gazer's voice rang out and echoed into every corner of the room, which shouldn't be possible. "No. I know how you are feeling, but that is not possible. I am not meant to be with you anymore. I've done all I can upon this ship. I must take the next step. If I do not, you will suffer." William loosened his grip and stepped back from Gazer. He nodded solemnly as he regained his composure.

"I know. I was being selfish and shortsighted. You know that you are like a son to me. It is only natural that I would want to take on the world for you." Ignoring the mess he'd made, William wrapped his arm around Gazer's waist and walked with him to the door, and out of the room. The Rising Wing had nearly docked, and it would be best if Gazer left the ship before any of the passengers could.

"I know Papa. I love you too." Gazer whispered for only William to hear. The Captain showed nothing through his public face, but the shine of pride in his jade eyes was unmistakable; it was the first time Gazer had said love instead of like.

They made it to the main deck of the ship just as the plank was being lowered. Though the entire crew could not be there to see him off, without shirking their duties, as many of them as possible were. As they arrived, Bjorn stepped up to the duo carrying a knapsack of provisions and Gazer's few belongings. Gazer stepped out of the Captain's embrace and put the knapsack on under his cloak.

"Do not worry, Grandfather, Papa. I will see you again. I just have something I must do first, though I have no idea what it is. I won't rush, but I will be back as soon as I can. I promise." Gazer addressed the men who were now standing shoulder to shoulder, in outward stoicism. It was obvious to many of the veteran crewmen and Gazer that they were holding each other up. Not waiting for a response, he spun on his heel and disembarked with unnatural poise.

The entire ship was sad to see him go, but refused to disrespect Gazer by showing it. So, they sent him off in the only way available to them, with cheers, whistles, well-wishes, and catcalls. Gazer spun around and gave his brightest smile as he waved goodbye to his home and family for the last 7 years. He then continued on his way. The cheering continued until he was completely lost to their eyes.

"Give it to me." William told Bjorn tightly as they watched Gazer disappearing into the crowds. Reaching into his apron, Bjorn produced a single ruby drop earring and handed it to William, who removed the single stud in his right ear and replaced with the earring.

"Why didn't you tell him?" Bjorn asked in genuine curiosity.

"For the same reason you didn't tell him about yourself;I'm a coward, and he didn't need to know. Not yet. Besides, Dawnchild sounds much better than Allbright. Don't you think so, Papa?" William looked up diagonally into Bjorn suddenly wizened looking eyes.

"I guess we'll take that beating the next time we see him eh?" The blond grandfather hooked his arm over the shoulder of the black-haired papa, and turned them both around back toward the sea. "We'd better get started on our apologies." Bjorn patted William's back once and walked off to compile his list for supplies to purchase before they set out again.

"He did promise, after all. He's never broken one." William played with the earring for a second before using the same hand to smack the head of a crewman gazing in the direction Gazer had left, with longing. "Back to work you lazy louts! Just cause the boy's gone, don't mean you can mope about on my ship! ALL HANDS TO WORK!!!"

Thus, Gazer Dawnchild fully assumed his new identity as Zayn Brandr Ingram, and set out into the New World. It was time to give hope back to the world. Taking a deep breath and unconsciously setting a course for Adelport, Zayn looked up to the sky as a shaft of sunlight pierced the clouds and warmed his face.
You can me your secrets when I've returned. I'll be waiting, Grandfather, Papa, Mother...

Last edited:
Devdan Whitmore(Physical) and Abraxas(Mind)
Start: Devdan's rare trinket store End: A tavern on edges of town​
Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly (Perhaps Gazer goes to the tavern)
'You know when I left hell it was because I wanted to see, it wasn't because I wanted to sit and drink' Abraxas says in Devdan's mind. Devdan replies with a small smile on his face as he says "Oh well that's simply because you haven't tried it my demonic friend, and plus I've never really got anything out of seeing you rip poor fools from piece to piece" in a playful tone. The merchant has his feet placed leisurely upon his cabinet just beside the till. He is wearing a blue suit which is comprised of,: blue trousers and jacket, black shoes, white shirt, blue waistcoat and tie. He is looking at the various objects in the store, some of them sparkling like a butterflies wings in a sun filled sky while some of them have fearsome designs were like that of death's visage itself.

As he took another sip from his beverage, someone comes through the door, the bell placed just above alerting him to the fact. "Greetings miss how may I help this fine day," Devdan says with a grin. The woman was dressed in fine clothes and had the accent and body language of the upper echelons of society. The lady apparently wants something for her uncle's birthday, a man of high business. Now in an emotional sense, Devdan wants to get something that will hold value to the woman's uncle. In more practical terms, having connections to those who have money means money coming his way. Sure he may be immortal but he still roof over his head, plus having a relationship to those with power is always a useful thing. Directing her to a rare statue of great creature, a once legendary dragon who name is lost to time. With her uncle having an interest in these creatures, she takes it handing over a pretty penny or two for it.

Seeing the lady off, Devdan talks in his mind to Abraxas saying "You hated to see me drink wine, I wonder who you will deal with eating a whole meal" in a jokey tone. As his human companion grabs his coat, the demon replies "You know I really grow to dislike you at times, my friend, still your kind do seem to have a fascination with food that mine sadly do not lend" while Devdan exits the store. Walking down the cobbled streets he says "A shame indeed though you do enjoy meat as I recall then again I believe its more for simple sustenance rather than extract and other pleasure," to his demonic mind-kept friend who responds "Correct though pleasure is as they say by one's measure". He ends up at a regular tavern, it was quite well during the daytime anywhere. The food was good and the drink was bitter and the company... varied. Still, it had a place in Devdan's long-lived heart. As he goes in he speaks with the bartender of days events before sitting down at a table by the window, ordering his regular meal, as the stares out the window. He wonders on what else the day will bring forth. Abraxas wonders about food.

Last edited:
Edges of Adelport; a random tavern
Interacting with: bumping into SirGrey SirGrey
Gazer Dawnchild, of Adelport.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
Gazer glanced up at the more heavily overcast sky in abject defeat; the sunlight was too diluted to tell how much time had passed, not that it mattered. He had left the Port Royale some time ago and was now walking through the outskirts of Adelport. Unsurprisingly, the outskirts were surrounded by large fields and filled with the poor. What was surprising, however, was the unnaturally low level of sadness in the parts of the outskirts he'd seen so far. Gazer had a nose for such things, and he was sure that slums were not supposed to feel this calm. He remembered that walking through the slums of cities in the Old Country used to make him and want to hide, but here he felt...determined. There isn't too much hopefulness here, but there is even less pessimism; there is potential here. He thought as he turned into the first open establishment he'd seen since leaving the Port Royale: a tavern.

Gazer stepped into the tavern. As he entered, the various lamps, lantern, torches, and fires that lit the main room, dimly brightened slightly. It would only be enough for someone to notice if they had been watching the flames closely, or the shadows. He took in the sight of many people, mostly men, sitting around the tavern drinking and talking. Some telling stories, others were sharing news, most had a drink of some sort, and a few were enjoying a meal. All seemed to be in at least a level mood. Aiming for the counter and barkeep behind it, Gazer wove himself through the crowded room with noticeable ease.

Reaching the barkeep, Gazer decided to order spiced wine and two green apples that were the fruit of the day. The barkeep served up his unusual order, and Gazer produced the required coinage from the small coin purse hung around his neck, under his shirt. Casually balancing the large mug of spice wine in one hand and the two sizable apples in the other, Gazer looked around for place to sit. Already, his nearly glowing complexion, and the slightly noticeable concentration of light around him, had drawn many of the tavern patron's eyes. There were a few open seats littered around the room, but Gazer had spent enough time around different kind of people to know when he needed to keep his distance and allow people to get used to him. After a minute of additional searching, Gazer spotted a table with open seats near the window. Gazer headed for the table and sat down gracefully before he even noticed that there was someone already sitting at the table: a red-headed man with the most peculiar streak of white hair.

"Oh, apologies. I sat down without paying attention. I hope you do not mind that I sit here, but if you do, I can find another seat." Gazer addressed the man evenly. He betrayed nothing, but Gazer truly had no interest in moving the most neutral seating area in the room.

Start: A tavern on edges of town
Interacting with: Eating with Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly
As he took another piece of stake from his plate, someone enters the bar. Devdan couldn't help but look over after all curiosity is the bug that seems to constantly bite him. As he chews his food, he watches the strange new visitor. He has a rather regal looking cloak over what is a fairly normal set of clothes. His hair is long with a white/ greyish tint, with similarly coloured eyes that looked a bit distant yet couldn't help but calm you by a mere look. The merchant looked over to this peculiar man in a sly manner, after all, it was rude to stare. Just as Devdan went back to his meal, his eyes and his attention were drawn to the mysterious man, who had seated himself in front of him.

"Oh please be seated it would be nice to have a great company then my mere meal," Devdan says in a mildly amused manner with a smile of honesty on his face. "After all how could I refuse me a new patron to our land, assuming I am correct in that you are I mean you seem to have the clothes for it and the manner of it," the merchant says as he takes another bite of his meal. "Like I said if you are a traveller what brings you here.... seems I have dashed a few steps ahead, normally you asks someone's name first,".

Interacting with: eating with SirGrey SirGrey
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
Gazer relaxed into his seat noticeably. He'd expected abject ignorance, but this man seemed to actually be interested in him. It was a pleasant surprise, actually. Now that he was seated and having a conversation, Gazer noticed that the suspicious looks aimed at him had toned down to the normal level of occasional bar glance.

"Yes, I am new to this land. I am called Zayn Ingram, and I am a traveling healer looking for a place to settle." Gazer took a moment to look down at his peasant clothes and cloak, in confusion. "I'm not quite sure that I understand your comment about my clothing. A plain cotton shirt, brown wool pants, and a black wool short cloak are customary clothing for lower class citizens. Unless I am mistaken, I am dressed normally." Gazer looked up at his new companion, expecting an elaboration.

Jinmeiyo Usui
Adelport, Mei's home on the shore - In the safe house main room
Interacting with: Veltsu VI Veltsu VI , Snow and Blaze, Geozaki Geozaki mentioned.

Mei was too preoccupied to notice Fayette sneak out of her room, she was facing the opposite direction after all.
"We will need more supplies soon, I'll go shopping, and perhaps get Sophie to go too, so we can try to get more without arousing suspicion.", Snow and Blaze listened intently, as the fish was stolen. Unlucky for Fayette, Blaze noticed her.
"HEY!!! You little...", she spat, as she sprang up, her blackened body now glowing brighter as she got murderously angry.
She strode a few paced, before noticing Mei's warning gaze.
Blaze sighed furiously, and stomped back towards her seat in the kitchen, her iron boots clanging on the stone floor. Throwing down the pan she had still been holding, brandishing it like a weapon, it clattered onto the stone surface of the utilities.
"Rraugh! That child is going to drive me insane."
Snow and Mei couldn't help but chuckle about the whole situation, and Blaze reluctantly grinned, even though she was trying her hardest not to.
Bee and Rain would be out most of the morning by the looks of it, so Mei wouldn't wait around for them to come back.
"I trust you two will be fine here?", in answer she received resounding nods from both women, Blaze still simmering away, and Snow just finishing off her work on the dummy.
"There! As per usual, this should last a little longer if you were more gentle...", Snow spoke softly, with a hint of humour in her voice.
"Yes, I'll try to remember... Perfect as ever, Snow. Thank you.", Snow smiled humbly in response, and Mei outstretched her hand to the tiny woman, who hopped on, her cold feet already affecting the temperature of Mei's hand, although not uncomfortably so.
Mei, helped Snow back onto the table, something Blaze was unable to do.
"I'll wait a little bit for Sophie, I'm sure she'll appear soon, and then we can go and get more supplies for the pantry...", Blaze rolled her eyes at Mei's remark.
"Good. It's basically empty now, and I don't want to live off preserved fish.", she scowled, her comment souring her own mood as she was reminded of her stolen breakfast.​

Kal Lance​
[Gates of Adelport--Changes to outer Adelport-Then a tavern on the outskirts.]​
Interacting with: No-one currently.

He slowly started to make his way towards the gates his hood being raised to cover his face as well as the eyepatch being on his eye to help avoid the glow as well as showing the flame which exists underneath it. As he slowly makes his way through the crowd. Passing through the guards as a seeming mercenary going to the tavern and armorer to restock on equipment as well as supplies. Though in all honesty upon making his way to the outer layer of buildings and huts he started to search around. Hoping that he may possibly see a house which he would recognize. Though after a few moments he starts to give up with his search. Sighing as he looks around once more, his eyes widening for a moment as he notices a feather which had fallen from his cloak a few feet back. Though it seems no-one has seen it he quickly moves over. Picking it up only to hear a few footsteps behind him. Causing him to look as he sees a child. Watching him curiously before starting to run off upon noticing the scar as well as the eyepatch on his face. Causing Kal to sigh as the child runs in what he can assume as fear. Though he does plan to make something correct with what his disguise was. After all should a guard see him around this area he may be questioned. So he makes his way to the closest tavern, eventually walking through the door.

Last edited:
Fayette Dirt
Adelport, Safe house, kitchet => Fayette's room
Safe house => Streets
Interacting: FrostFire FrostFire and boy group

Fayette started to run immediately, when she heared Blaze's yelling, fish whit her. She runned in her room, closed door and hided beneath her bed from moment. When it seemed that Blaze wasn't coming inside she started eating fish that she was stolen. She loved taste of fish, more of when Blaze had cooked it. After eating enough she hided rest of fish in little barrel where she had put salt, also stoled from Blaze, so if Mei would lock her in room she would have something to eat still. Fayette then switched her nightgown to shirt with hood and pants, pushing her tail discomforting to inside pants, then she opened her hair and put hood on, securing it whit thin rope so it would stay covering her ears even if she was upside-down, then she put on mask front of her whiskers. If anyone asked she had disease that would spread only from mouth, it wouldn't be weird as there was other slum kids who had mask too. After dressing up she checked fastly from her small mirror that all her cat figures was covered, before testing door to see if it was locked from outside, it wasn't.
"I go play with boys Mei! Thanks from fish Blaze, it was tasty!" Fayette yelled before running out to streets, not waiting from answer.

At outside of safe house Fayette started heading towards alley where she usually meet boys who played whit her and there they where, Hunter, who was boss of group and his brother Wylie, who was one that runned fastest from boys. Then there was Ramsey, Fayette didn't like how he tortured animals and flayed them alive and Aelfraed or Alf, who some reason always tried get Fayette show that she was girl, good thing that Hunter trusted her. And lastly there was Walden and Jeffrey, or Dirt1 (as Fayette was called as Dirt2)
"Hey it's Dirt2!" Yelled Wylie.
Ramsey and Alf glared to Fayette, when she walked next to Jeffrey.
"What we play today?" Asked Fayette.
"We are going to beach." Said Hunter. "Sailor said that there would be girls to tease."
Fayette and Jeffrey sight, both didn't know how to swim so it was releasing hear that they wasn't going to beach to swim.
Boys and Fayette then started heading towards beach, making little mischief on the way.​

Last edited:
A tavern on edges of town
Eating with Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly
As Zayn talks, Devdan keeps his eyes on him, ignoring the food left on his plate. He isn't going to lie to himself, the man is a rather beautiful one. Perhaps that is why he decided to hold back on his eating, his eyes had a feast all of their own. Deciding to elaborate he says "The clock has a pattern on it that seems foreign by design, I work with clothes on a regular basis I have become fairly well versed in how each region designs them" before taking a drink of his brandy. "Also your body language helped me come to such a conclusion you walked as if everything is new to you, oh yes Devdan Whitmore at your service," he says finishing his drink. "You say you are looking for a place to settle, well I do have a spare room at my disposal if you would require it though I must warn this town is a complex one and I'm not talking about the street layout".

Edora Vale
Cooper Manor- >The tavern
interacting with: Kallo Kallo

Last night had been quite eventful for the assassin, and that was something she rarely said.
Her mission was simple; kill Isaac Cooper. He was a wealthy man, and quite handsome at that. It really was a shame, but it was an anonymous request with quite the pay behind it. The small "incentive" attached to the letter was almost an entire payment in that right. She had accepted before she could blink and had rushed off to get prepared.
She arrived at the Cooper residence that night in a black dress with gold trim that accentuated her piercing gold eyes. Her white hair was colored black as well, and her human form was appealing to even a blind man. She handed the forged invitation to the man at the gate and was ushered in.
The ballroom was impressive, and she got caught up in the frankness of it all. Soft music played and soft laughter wafted through the room. The outfits alone could feed her for a month. Someday she'd have all this and more. She just needed to do what she did best.
Her target was making small talk with his guests, and Edora wasted no time waltzing over. At least he wasn't married or she might feel a twinge of pity for the wife he left behind.
"What a lovely gathering you've set up. What's the occasion?" Isaac's eyes darted to hers when she spoke, and a natural warm smile crossed his lips.
"Not as lovely as you, it seems. I've never seen you before. Might I ask your name?" Edora tilted her head and a small smile splayed on her lips.
"Venenum." She said, and she noticed the small flicker across his face. Before he could think too hard, her hand was on his jaw and she leaned in.
"Now, isn't there somewhere else we can go?"

Indeed, it had been a very good night.
She was the only one who woke up the day after, and she slipped into her clothes and left through the window.

Oki handed her the satchel of currency that she slipped over her shoulder when she entered the assassins lair. She had been coming here less and less due to the growing tension in the city, and she wouldn't cause the group to be caught. She didn't know much about loyalty, but she knew just enough.
The dress she was wearing annoyed her greatly, but she decided she might as well use it to her advantage. She entered the bustling tavern after climbing through a tunnel and arriving behind a blacksmith's building and waltzed in. She wasted no time sitting down and beckoning over the bar tender. She was in a good mood so she didn't have her usual sneer on her face.
"One pint please." The man at the bar gave her a small smile and filled a mug of ale and set it before her.
"On the house my dear." Fedora smiled back and started drinking as she looked around the room. It wasn't as rowdy as she liked it, but it was good enough. She noticed two men with looks in their eyes that she knew quite well. There were sailors and farmers, and then someone who looked quite suspicious. Ah, her favorite. She got up and made her way to the entrance. The man was the most interesting thing that happened today. She noticed his rugged features and tilted her head.
"You look like you're trying to hide, but it's just an observation. I'm sure you are quite the law-abider." Edora commented with a low tone.

Kal Lance​
[A tavern on the outskirts.]​
Interacting with: slim slim
He looked around the tavern once again as he noticed the woman in black. Starting to walk towards one of the tables which where empty upon noticing the fact she had actually spotted him. Yet upon seeing her walking over he growled to himself softly, the commotion of the tavern hiding it from others as he felt another feather starting to fall down his cloak. Causing him to shift slightly as he turns to face the woman upon hearing her voice. Swiftly catching the feather and slipping it into one of his pockets. "Well to say you are correct would be a lie, for I have and always will be a law-abider. Though I somewhat am trying to hide. For I hoped to avoid having been noticed by anyone of higher class. Seeing as they seem to be...Problem causers." He returns in a cold even tone, his face having remained emotionless during the whole speech as well.

Sophie
Starting Location: Mei's home in Adleport, Safe House, Bedroom.
Moving to: Mei's Home in Adleport, Safe House, Main Room
Interacting with: FrostFire FrostFire
Briefly mentions: Veltsu VI Veltsu VI
Sophie was sitting in the room she'd been allocated upon arriving at the Safe House. It was strangely cosy for an underground room which was mostly fashioned from stone. It had been a few weeks since she was rescued by Mei and offered sanctuary in the safe house. Despite having been here for a while now she'd managed to keep her identity completely hidden and she'd managed to avoid talking about why she was under attack in the first place as well.

She sat silently, listening to the incoherent mumbles of conversation coming from the main room. A short while later, the quiet mumbles of conversation were interrupted by raised voices followed by what sounding like someone running before slamming a door. Sophie sighed, she couldn't exactly hide in here all day. She stood up, pulling her long blonde hair into a messy ponytail and placing her hairclip in her hair. She took a deep breath, clearing her mind, before walking out of her room.

Sophie walked into the main room as Fayette ran out, yelling at Mei as she went. "Good Morning." She said to everyone still present with a smile.

(Hope that's ok, my first posts are always a little dodgy)

Last edited:
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen
Gazer takes a large sip from his spiced wine as Devdan replies and offers his name. He gives an almost inaudible moan of delight at the flavors that greet his tongue. He loved wine, but sailors didn't drink wine, and Gazer had long since grown tired of being the last man standing -only slightly buzzed- whenever Bjorn started a ship-wide game of One More Mug with the whiskey and rum. Once again casting a glance at his fraying old cloak and clothes, Gazer eyed Devdan carefully. There was only honesty in his words; the man truly believed what he was saying. He gave his clothes a final bemused glance as he decided to drop the issue. Most likely some unknown power of his was making it look more extravagant to observers. Which explains so much about the strange remarks about my "nerve" to dress the way I did, when I was younger.

"Well Mr. Whitmore, I do believe that you were more aware of my presence than you had let on earlier. Most people do not pay such close attention to body language." Somehow the observation was devoid of a tease. "I would be extremely grateful if I could have the opportunity to look at this room. I doubt that there are many places to rent a decent room in such a complex city. You wouldn't happen to have an ulterior, or darker, motive for offering this room would you?" The question was asked evenly with genuine curiosity. It would unconsciously trigger Gazer's aura of truth, which Devdan would feel settling around him; not enough to force truth, but enough to make telling a lie difficult and obvious.

A tavern on edges of town
Eating with Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

With a final few chews, Devdan finished his meal. It was adequate in filling and fairly good in exciting the taste buds. Washing down the meal with the bitter brandy he keeps his eyes on the traveller. Devdan sits with his legs crossed, while his arms rested in a very relaxed position. This came from Devdan didn't view Zayn as a threat. The merchant's brown eyes watched a the man looked over his seemingly elaborate clock. He grew a smile as Zyan talked, his voice had an almost soothing quality. "Well, Mr Ingram my life has taught me that while people may be able to hide what they say, it is often released in the way they act, call it deductive reasoning perhaps," Devdan says with a shrewd smile. "Yes well the room is located in my shop, I am a merchant of peculiar objects, it is not the most spacious room, however, I believe it should be satisfactory," the merchants say in an honest tone before feeling something. As Zyan asked his question, Devdan felt a subtle aura being implemented. A lifetime of using and being near magic had helped Devdan 'sense it' as it were. This time it helped him confirm a gut feeling he had, that the stranger wasn't human. "You mean do I often try and get handsome strangers to come home with me... well only when I've had too much of this" Devdan says with a sly grin before finishing his drink. "In all honest, I try and help people like myself and you, people of an abnormal direction," Devdan says trying no to make it too obvious what he was talking about. Ears are everywhere and all that. "As I said I try and look out for people like that, there are others in this city who we may meet later" he stands up from his chair. "Shall we discuss it further on the way to my humble abode".

Jinmeiyo Usui
Adelport, Mei's home on the shore - In the safe house main room
Interacting with: Snow and Blaze, Geozaki Geozaki . Veltsu VI Veltsu VI mentioned.

Mei nodded at Fayette as the girl ran out, not really saying anything in response. Blaze, on the other hand, grumbled angrily, frustrated by the girls jibe.
"That stupid kid is going to get herself killed", Blaze grumbled, as she went and pulled out another few preserved fish from the pantry, muttering a "Good morning..." to Sophie as she resumed her position of the seat, cooking up the fish for each person now in the room.
"Good morning, Sophie. Nice sleep?", Snow asked brightly from the tabletop.
"Ah, Sophie..", Mei faced the woman. "I was planning on going out and getting more supplies, perhaps you'd like to come with me?".
They all knew that the others couldn't go out, it was much to dangerous, and they would all be killed on sight. Hence they stayed down here, rarely seeing the sunlight except for what filtered through the water in their air pocketed cave, and when they very occasionally climbed the ladder into Mei's room, or went into the abandoned railway station now and again.
But, it was the life they knew, and it was much more comfortable than many others like them, so they all counted their blessings.
Blaze stood from her seat, "Fish's done.", she was still in a bad temper, as she got out a plate for each person.
She put a plate down next to Snow, and pulled off a small chunk from one of the fish, giving it too her.
"Thank you, Blaze.", she gladly tucked in, wondering how she was going to eat all this. Perhaps she could give her leftovers to a mouse...
Blaze handed Mei a plate, and a decent sized fish, "Thanks.", and Mei took a large bite, the salty fish making her thirsty again.
Finally, Blaze gave the last whole fish to Sophie, and took the one she had taken a chunk out of for Snow for herself.​

Fayette Dirt
Adelport, beach
Interacting with: boys and girls

Boys and Fayette had get to beach after quarter of an hour journey. Walden spotted same age girls than they where at beach playing with dolls.
Boy group walked towards girls when one of them looked at them and noticed Fayette.
"Isn't that Dirt, 2 years ago?"
Fayette and Jeffrey stopped as did others too.
"W-what yo-you mean? I don't know you." Said Jeffrey, but Fayette recognized girls. That was same group where she had tried blend 2 years ago before blending to boys and girl who talked was one who she had most of time teased when she had get bored.
"Not you idiot boy! Girl next to you."
All boys turned and looked if there was girl who they haven't noticed, but there was only Fayette.
Girls started giggle.
"Really you don't see her? You might have get 2 years older but i still recognise those eyes and that mask. Why you even keep it still? It had been on you 3 years, all who had same disease that you said you have had died if it stayed over 2 years."
Oh no, must they said that.
"Wait what?" Hunter was stunned.
"Dirt2 do you know them?"
"Dirt2? Wasn't your name Fayette?"
Fayette started walking backwards, day was going badly.
"I have say so many times Hunter! Dirt2 lies to us!" Alf yelled.
Hunter didn't say anything he was progressing still news, so Ramsey acted instead and punched to Fayette who barely dodged punch and her instinct made her scratch him, before she was able stop herself. Boys, girls and Fayette stopped from moment to look Ramsey's face where was 4 scratch and Fayette's hands where was claws.
Girls screamed, runned away yelling about monster, when Ramsey dashed to stunned Fayette and started punching her violently, soon other boys joined to Ramsey.

(Open to interact)​

Last edited:
2042382431014173623.jpg
What was worn
KS-93.jpg

What was seen

As Devdan answered his questions with an unwavering honesty -and gaze- Gazer realized that he'd unintentionally brought his aura to bare on the man. He promptly reeled in his aura and disguised his brief alarm easily by placing the two apples in his knapsack and taking a drink from his mug. Most of the time, the general sense of well-being he exuded was enough to encourage honesty. Devdan must have some substantial secrets to make his powers suspicious. He knew, however, that this Devdan fellow had felt it; there was a sudden spark of awareness in his eyes as the aura concentrated on him, which meant that he was either inhuman or extremely sensitive to whatever it is that Gazer was. No human had ever sensed his aura like that before. His suspicions were confirmed int he next few seconds as Devdan compared Gazer to himself, even though they had only just met. I'm liable to get myself killed if I do not learn how to keep myself, and my near sentient powers, in check. Gazer took another drink of his spiced wine.

Gazer was temporarily at a loss for words as he realized that Devdan has complimented his beauty. He simply gulped down the rest of his wine and stood up with his usual level of grace and poise, which is to say a noticeable overabundance of both. "I thank you for troubling yourself for looking after me. I would like you to know that I am not without my compass and map should I find my way suddenly lost." He chose his words carefully; Gazer may have confirmed Devdan's honesty to this point, but he was not without his defenses should anything unforeseen occur. Gazer gave Devdan a glowing smile that could only be described as inexplicably dangerous. "After you, Mr. Whitmore."

Sophie
"Yes thank you," Sophie said cheerfully in response to snow. "Did you sleep well?" As Mei finished explaining her plan to go and gather supplies, Blaze passed some fish to everyone. "Thank you, Blaze," Sophie said gratefully, taking a bite of the fish. "Of course, I'm happy to help any way I can." She said in response to Mei asking her to join her. These people had allowed her sanctuary, despite being under the impression that she was human and she would do anything in an attempt to repay them. She finished off her fish and went to her room, announcing that she'd be back in a moment. Once inside, she tidied up her hair a little, it was still rather messy, but not quite as besides, the messy hair look seemed to suit her. She then changed into some clean clothes. Moments later she emerged from her room. "I'm ready whenever you are," she told Mei

Jinmeiyo Usui
Adelport, Mei's home on the shore - In the safe house main room (moving)
Interacting with: Snow and Blaze, Geozaki Geozaki .

Snow smiled gracefully, "Of course.", as she finished her fish. "Whew, I'm stuffed now!", she chuckled, and sat on the end of her plate. Blaze grunted in reply to Sophie, as she also finished up her fish, and put her plate on the counter.
Mei also finished, and went and stacked her plate onto Blazes. "Great! I'm ready now, so we'll head off now.", she didn't have any lessons today, so she wasn't worried about any time constraints.
Waving goodbye to the other 2 women, Mei went to the tunnel that led to the ladder up to her room, and waited for Sophie to follow, before she began down the hall.
"We'll do mostly food shopping. And, as per usual, here you go...", Mei handed Sophie a necklace with a coin pendant, a notable Zantoric symbol. And she herself was already wearing a Zantoric sword pendant.
"If anyone asks, you're the daughter of a travelling merchant of Zantoric faith. And I'm showing you around, being a friend of your father. So the usual story, although we shouldn't have any trouble.", she reached the ladder, and climbed up, pausing at the trap door for a moment before pressing on it gently in certain places, and opening it up. She was the only one who knew how to open this door, and if the others wanted to leave, they went through the abandoned railway station door, or the cave.
She climbed up, and waited at the top for Sophie.​

Sophie
Starting Location: Mei's Home in Adleport, Safe House, Main Room
Moving
Sophie followed Mei down the tunnel. "Thanks." She said, taking the pendant and fastening it around her neck. She'd done this trip a few times now so she was getting used to the procedure. Mei explained their 'backstory' to her again, she already knew what to say, but Sophie listened carefully anyway, if there was one thing she didn't want to do, it was muck up, as it would not only put her in danger but Mei too and possibly everyone who lived in the safe house, and that was not something she wanted to be responsible for. Sophie climbed up the ladder into Mei's home. Despite only having been with them down in the safe house for a few weeks, coming up to the surface seemed to take her breath away every time. This was probably helped by the beautiful location of Mei's house. Up here was such a stark contrast to down below. The safe house was often dark, any light feeling unnatural, it was closed off and could feel really gloomy at times. But up here, it was bright, the air was fresh and everything was just beautiful. Sophie gazed out of a window for a moment, then snapped back to reality. She always felt a little awkward when they were in the house like she was trespassing, but she never let it show. She waited for Mei to close the trapdoor and lead the way before doing anything else.

Iskolde (Isobel) Raymar
traveling from Tanier Manor, beyond the wall, towards the outskirts
The Wall is the one pictured in the first image of first post. Within it are the nobles and anyone of stature. Outside it are the rabble or "common folk."
interacting with: open (Gazer/Zayn?)
The fresh wounds burned across her cheek and brow like tongues of flame that flickered brighter with every jostle but never truly went out. More bruises ached on her back and shoulders, sure to bloom in vivid violets and blues in the days to come. A silent sob tore itself from her throat that was nothing but a faint gasping of air. Beneath her black lacy choker lay an older wound, evidence to some former violence.

Iskolde didn't know where she was exactly. After she had blacked out due to the injury done by a severe beating by the equally cruel Lady Cerisse of the House of Tanier, she had no more recollections until a few minutes ago: waking up to shadowy darkness. Slowly, agonizingly slowly the girl shifted her hand out and her fingertips found a perpendicular wooden surface. Realization dawned. She must be in a box-shaped enclosure of some sort. Only a few slivers of light entered the space where the slats of wood didn't align properly. Her throat convulsed painfully in another mute sob. Where are they taking me? she thought, tinged with panic. Desperation gnawed at the edges of her mind. Wasn't it enough for Lady Cerisse to beat me? to mar my face so no man would ever look at me again? She was without work, injured; who would employ her with such vicious wounds on her face? And she had been an adept maid to the Tanier household as well... How had it ended so badly? Simply because the Lord of the house had been requesting her more often than was proper, was her fate considered just? A sigh fluttered from her lips. There was no use being angry. Ever since she was young, she knew well the difference between herself and the family she served. The only reason she had been found and employed as a maid was because of her pleasant appearance and fine features. Features now flawed by the jealousy of a woman of higher status. She hadn't even been able to cry out for mercy when the leather struck her back and cut across her cheek.

In a sudden moment of fear, her fingers--sticky with sweat and congealing blood-- scrabbled against the pouch on her neck, hoping, praying to find... yes! She still had the narrow black board that served as her method of communication. Several white stubs of chalk were also present in the pouch. A few seconds of relief, knowing that she would at least be able to communicate. Then her stomach fell. They surely weren't taking her outside the protective wall? Beyond the gate, there were likely few who could read her script. But there was nothing she could do. The click-clack of iron shod hooves continued on for what seemed like a long time. Hours, perhaps. She slept and woke and slept again, dreaming of iron bars and cruel smiles painted with crimson.

With a jolt, all movement stopped. Pain lanced across her shoulder when it hit the side of her enclosure. A grunt and the side of the box was pried open. A thick arm dragged her out. She recognized the man who took her out, who was probably also the one riding the horse which had carried her all this way. It was Jard, one of the stable boys. He wasn't a particularly bad person, merely, she found, an obedient one. She didn't know much about him; he was often silent than not, but learned that he could understand her gestures that translated to words.

He wouldn't look at her, his dark gray eyes looking anywhere but at her. Her hands fluttered, making out the motions that spelled his name: J... A... R... D. No response or indication that he had seen or recognized her meaning. Suddenly her entire body seemed so, so tired. All the energy, gone. He half carried, half dragged her, propping her limp body outside the door to a random building. She had thought he wouldn't speak to her but she was wrong. All he said to her, still avoiding her eyes, before walking back to the horse was, "Sorry. You don't deserve this." And with a flick of the reigns, he was leaving at a quick trot.

Her head fell back to lean against the rough wood, still not knowing where she was. Before a thick and miry sleep took her, she happened to glance at the sign hanging above the door saying it was called the Brew & Cup Tavern.

She did not comprehend what it meant. (Frequented by future revolutionaries, perhaps?) Unaware of the kindness that the stale boy had done by her (he had taken her to this location, not by orders, and uncertain if by accident or not), Iskolde Raymar who had been a maid mere hours ago dozed, slipping in and out of consciousness, her fate in the hands of the world around her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back