• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Maxwood Sanctuary RP(Open&Accepting)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Alcuris Twilight|16|Emopire|Outside|Lodestone
"That is true. Though sometimes knowing what a person is feeling can be more hurtful than helpful." He said as they headed for the main building, "As for her, her name is Launet, should you run into her again and wish to talk to her. She seems to be a rather easygoing person. Well perhaps...just kind, although she did warn me to be careful and never touch her horn. Never got an explanation on that though...what did she say she was..." He thought about their meeting, "I had almost trampled over her...blah..blah blah...oh yeah a demon/unicorn mix. Though I didn't know unicorns had human forms I guess I shouldn't be surprised."
galvanismgal galvanismgal

Esmarie Twilight|Nurse|30|Emopire|Outside|Rennie
Esmarie nodded, "If that was your purpose then by all means we can go after classes are done. For now how about just walking around to get some fresh air? Though do let me know if you are getting tired." She glanced towards the dorms watching students venture out of it towards the main building. "If the headmaster isn't busy right now we could go talk to him about me taking you in."
Texangamer Texangamer

Helina Talzin|Music&Dance Teacher|300|Highborn Nature Elf|Apartment|Maxine
"I don't really struggle with making friends with the other teachers, but I have also had a very long time to get used to people. Don't worry one day you will be comfortable with talking to others and won't hesitate." Helina opened the door to their apartment, "Once classes are over for the day you and I will make a special trip into the forest to hang out with the animals and plant a few things. But first, you have to survive classes!" She said with a small smirk.
Texangamer Texangamer

Finn|14|King Cobra Shifter|Dorm Room|Izzy
Finn frowned, "Are you sure it doesn't look bad? Maybe I should just skip class for the day...I'm super tired as is..." He wasn't sure he wanted to go to class today or not. Maybe he could just sleep the day away...besides it wasn't like the first day of class would be anything major.
Texangamer Texangamer

Dax Maron|Headmaster|Unknown|Ancient Dragon|Library|Miu, Sylvia
Dax shook his head, "The only times I will ever teach a class is if one of my teachers fallls ill or most take leave. But for the most part my hands are full, keeping humans at bay and this academy running as smoothly as possible. It's a lot of work, that I would never wish to burden others with." He said as he guided Miu towards the magic lift that would take them to the ground floor. Though they didn't get far when the doors opened and a woman stepped out staring Dax down. "Greetings Sylvia!"

Sylvia Farin|Sword Fighting & Archery&Battle Practice Teacher|30|Weapons Mage|Library|Miu, Dax
Sylvia had arrived at the academy moments ago making her way to Dax's office only to spot him in the library. "Dax Maron!" She shouted his name, her hands on her hips as she glared at him. "I'd like to know why you suddenly decided to summon me." Dax turned from Miu with a small smirk, staring at the woman with long brilliant red hair and eyes. "Glad you could make it!" "Don't you glad you could make it! Do you know how abrupt this is, what if I had something going on? I know you had asked once before, but I told you I wasn't ready and didn't think I'd ever be." He tapped a finger to his chin, "Is that what you told me the first time I sent you that letter? Yet here you are?" She sighed slightly, a small smirk crossing her lips, "Well...I have to say I got a bit curious how it'd feel to teach kids to master weapons and combat." Dax chuckled glancing towards Miu, "This is one of the teachers, she is as new to this place as you are." Sylvia closed the gap between them, "Hello, and yes, I am very new to this place, are you getting ready to give a tour?" He nodded, "I was about to." "Well then I timed my arrival perfectly." She glanced at the student, "Mind if I join you on this venture?" "Hey, what if I mind?" Sylvia stared at him, "You are the one who summoned me without warning, I think I can be a bit selfish here." Dax chuckled, holding his hands up, "Yes Ma'am." Sylvia rolled her eyes, "Sorry about the shouting, I was just bit...well irritated."
asphodelus asphodelus

Scarlet Keire —
Miu
he/they/she
Humans. The same creatures that had caged her for her pretty wings. They'd jeered and cooed and laughed — she felt the prickly phantom sensation of their meaty hands plucking feathers from her raw skin. They'd loved her in the worst way possible. She was glad they'd all burned.

Miu pulled her wings close and stood in uneasy quietude as the strange contraption they'd entered hunkered downward. She wanted to ask — were there many humans on this plane? Were they all terrible and bad?

The Headmaster had said keeping them at bay was a burden. It didn't make Miu feel good to hear that.

Before they'd collected herself enough to speak, the doors opened and a magical person found them. Miu waited politely until they were addressed, then greeted with exuberance, "Hello, Lady Mage! I'm Miu of the Scarlet Keires. I was the child of weavers, but the royal family is dead and so is everyone else, so I must be Heir by proxy — I'm not old enough to be Monarch."

It was the same thing they'd said to the Headmaster just a few moments ago. They'd practised that speech a lot while trapped with the humans. Miu hadn't believed it at first when his captors had promised the rest of the keires had been massacred, but Sprix had held him close after rescuing him while ruefully explaining that it was all true. By then, Miu had been so numb that they couldn't even cry right.

"I don't mind," Miu said, covering up their sorrow with a wave of cheerfulness. He latched onto the magical presence of a Mage and a Dragon and smiled at the Lady Mage. "You're very pretty," the scarlet keire confessed. "You must be very powerful too!"
Code by Serobliss

Sylvia Farin|Sword Fighting & Archery&Battle Practice Teacher|30|Weapons Mage|Library|Miu, Dax
Sylvia listened well to the young one's introduction, "Well my dear little royal, I am indeed very powerful." As she spoke metallic claws covered her hands before forming into daggers and then shifting into a sword. She was of course showing off her skills to the young Keire. "It is my job to teach you how to handle such weapons and also how to fight. But if you aren't one for fighting then defense is your greatest ally. Not every battle is won due to fighting." She said as the weapons seemingly vanished and she tapped her head. "Outwitting your opponent can be just as key, even if it may seem like you are playing dirty tricks."

Dax Maron|Headmaster|Unknown|Ancient Dragon|Library|Miu
Dax rolled his eyes as Sylvia showed off her powers and spoke about attacking and defending. "Coming from a woman who has never seen war?" Sylvia tsked her tongue, "I have seen plenty of wars, I just never got involved in them...could you imagine these humans finding out my ability to create weapons and master fighting techniques? I would never see freedom again..." He shrugged, "You forget though, not all the humans of this world are horrible. But we don't really need to worry about that. Now shall our tour commence. I was about to take Miu to class and introduce them. Though it is the floor below us, attending such a large school can be daunting for anyone." "So those were the classrooms I passed...and of course, my class will be outdoors or in the gym." He nodded once more, "The last time I had the battle class in this building someone busted a hole through the wall...that was horrible to fix." Sylvia laughed softly, "I could never imagine that happening in the midst of a fight..." "Are you sure you didn't just accept my invitation to teach to bother me with your sarcasm?" Sylvia winked before stepping back into the elevator and waving for Miu to stand next to her, "Whatever do you mean?" Sylvia gave Miu an endearing smile, "By the way you are very adorable, Miu. When one is complemented it is only right to return such." Dax rolled his eyes, "Are you going to pamper all the kids?" "Is there something wrong with that? My class will be tough, I don't want them thinking I'm some evil woman!!!"
asphodelus asphodelus

Lode 17 mineral construct
Interaction: BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

“Hm,” Lodestone didn’t want to impose her view on Alcuris more than felt like she had been so she fell back on a simple and vague response,” I guess it’s a matter of personal ideals since some people may think the hurt is worth it.”

As they continued to the main building, she kept an eye on their surroundings. On one hand it was habit and on the other it was to give Alcuris a bit of warning if something emotionally taxing might appear like his sister.

“I guess we will see if I share any classes with Launet. Given the circumstances it seems accurate to call her kind,” Lodestone said lightly making a note not to touch Laurnet’s horn unless she had to. Why would she wish to talk to someone she barely knew in this sea of students? The only reason she was talking to Alcuris is because he was her roomate otherwise it would just be polite conversation to those who reach out first. Lodestone was fine being a loner since her main focus was her studies and interacting with others in class would be enough social interaction.

” If you think you know how the world works things will always be surprising. The unexpected seems the norm around here so I’m sure the surprises won’t be stopping anytime soon…”

Last edited:
Scarlet Keire —
Miu
he/they/she
"Hirswyr," Miu murmured in their exhale; they clapped his hands gracefully, applauded in awe. He had never seen such dangerous magicks before, but he'd heard the tales of weapons masters forming blades of copper and platinum steel to wield in the Adamantine Tourney once every four years.

The young keire reluctantly nodded along as the conversation moved forth. They had never seen wits as dirty tricks — poetry was all wit and wordplay, and keires treasured their arts and scrolls.

Miu held his tongue when Mr. Headmaster shared that Lady Mage had never seen war. How could she teach such a class with no experience on the field? Miu had watched flesh burn and never could they scrub their eyes of that terror, but they smiled softly at the thought of a Dragon having to refix a wall, and they giggled as one should at being called cute.

"The class can't be hard if you're teaching it," Miu allowed. Difficulty was only based on the skill of the teacher, after all. "Will we have to fight today?"

They weren't sure if they were ready for that much involvement in hurting others, even if a teacher would be around to keep things from getting too out of hand.
Code by Serobliss

✡️DE-LET LOUI✡️
INTERACTION: asphodelus asphodelus

"It's not, but I could help you find dorm 12 if you like?"

De-let offers, a part of her was probably more relieved. At least Eluhan knew they were a student. Unfortunately for Aye-let, that hadn't been the case.It seemed as though Eluhan was either a new student already or was simply late to school. All things considered, both are a possibility. And maybe De-let and Eluhan could be friends. To that offer she adds.
"though I don't know if your dorm mate will be there at the moment, classes do start at 8."

Just in the case that Eluhan, for one reason or another, wasn't aware. They probably were aware and just wanted to check the dorms out. However, unfortunately, the half demon couldn't read minds as of the moment. She then hears something about Eluhan's 'kanvel'. De-let admittedly didn't know what that was, but it seemed to be some sort of person. De-let responded to their
question with.

"I don't think so unless the dorm master switched my dorm mate?"

She wouldn't have been surprised if Aye-let had been switched out, as far as De-let knew, someone had registered him without their consent. So De-let wouldn't have blamed them for pulling out.

Rennie |13| angel/demon| Outside| Esmarie

Rennie just looked at her and smiled" yeah I just wanted to meet my roommate" she said" okay we can go after class I'll let you know when I get tired" she told her" hey Ms. Esmarie what is the headmaster like" she asked as she was curious she didn't trust adult man since her big brother had hurt her" he isn't like brother right he won't hurt me" she said to her. Rennie just stepped outside as she saw some students going to the class towards the main building" would the headmaster agree with you taking me in" she asked as she smiled" it just hard to trust men since my brother had abused me all my life until now that I'm here" she say to her

Maxine Talzin | 14 Nature Elf/Human| Apartments| Helina

Maxine looked at her mother as she was putting on her new sandals she felt comfortable with them it was like walking on the grass she looked up at her mother and smiled when she heard her mom had no trouble making friends she had smiled" do you think I can make friends" she asked as they were leaving the apartment she was happy that her mum was making a trip to see the animals and that they would be planting few things she looked up at her as she had caught her mum smirk she just groans" oh the pain going to class oh the horror the pain forcing me to go to classes" she said trying to be dramatic as she had giggled a bit

Isabella Sterling| 17|Lightning Celestial| Dorm| Finn

Isabella just looked at his hair" Oh it's not so bad" she said looking at him she smiled as he said he didn't want to go to class today" hey maybe you make friends if you go to class today I made a friend too yesterday" she said" maybe I'll see her before class I'm not forcing you to go but it's your choice if you want to go or not" she said as she grabbed her bag" but I'm going to class so I see you later" she said she had wanted to learn how to control her lighting but sometimes she had some outbursts

Skylar |15|Lioness shifter|Outside Dorm Building|Laurent

Skylar had looked at Laurent as she was excited about classes but at the same time she was nervous about meeting other people other than Laurent she was the only one she had trusted it was hard for her to make friends she was afraid to make friends but her roommate is the only friend she had she just looked up at her" oh trust me i won't touch your horns i wouldn't do that" she say to her as she had smiled" should we start going to class" she asked her as she was nervous about the classes today
BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Vivienne Woods☆Nurse☆Wood Elf
Interaction: Texangamer Texangamer (Mitchelle)
Character

"You don't want to go to class?....but dear I thought you were excited to start this new adventure and meet other children like yourself..." Vivienne replied looking at her daughter. "But if the dorms are a bit much...you can come back home with me....and we can ease I to you staying at the dorms at your pace my dear." She added not wanting her daughter to feel lonely and frightened know knowing she had been placed at a dorm by herself. "Well I could brew you a pot of tea in the medical bay dear....and well it is the first day of classes, however if you arnt feeling that well I don't see why you couldn't just stay at the medbay...after all not much is done on the first day and I really don't want you out there if you arnt feeling well.." Vivienne added placing her hand on her daughter's shoulder as she lead her through the door of the med wing.

Bumping this as a sort of refresh. Will start working on our restart post here soon!

Last edited:
Season: Spring
Weather: Cool, Slight Wind, Sunny
Time: Early morning

Sylvia Farin|Head of Maxwood Sactuary|30|Weapons Mage|Dax's Seceret Room-->Auditorium|Everyone
Sylvia was in Dax's secret room, her hand resting against the sphere that he had sent his life force into. "Dax...you and I only got to know each other in our times of need. So why...why did you make me the leader? Any of the other teachers would have been better suited...right? I know my skills of combat are good, and I've fought to survive my whole life. But these were your treasured students. I've lost more of those treasured students in these battles than I like to say..." A single tear slid down her cheek, "I can't protect them like you did...and sadly not all the adults are fighting...or built for fighting. When you brought me into this place I thought it was simply because you wanted them to know how to defend themselves against other supernatural beings. Humans didn't truly pose a threat to us...not until..." She ran a hand through her long hair, "I hate this...using those kids to fight...but there are such limited options. I supposed what I hate more than anything is the fact that I sit within these walls most of the time. Because I'm so afraid that if I leave...I'll come back to a massacre. I don't know how long this can be kept up... I guess what I really want to ask you is...did you know this was going to happen?" A small bit of anger rose in the pit of Sylvia's stomach, "No...sorry...if you had known...I'm sure you would have had a much better plan than this."

She glanced at the watch on her wrist, "It'll be time for the monthly meeting soon. I best be the first to arrive. Others might think I'm slacking again. I hope I'm not disappointing you too badly. More than anything I want to know just how long your barrier will last...why you thought sacrificing your life was the way to go. We really could have used you...you damn ancient dragon...all of us..." She stood resting a hand against the sphere, its warmth somehow calming her down. She shook her head before leaving the room, and making sure it was sealed. Then she made her way to the auditorium, sitting comfortably on the stage while waiting.

She sat on the edge of the stage in the auditorium, one knee pulled up to rest her head on, in a lazy manner. Her long brilliant red hair was now tied back in a ponytail, but still long enough that it to draped over the stage's edge. She still hadn't gotten used to making these kinds of announcements but they had to be done. In a sense, it was her way of making sure everyone from the community knew exactly what was going on, inside and outside of the sanctuary's barrier. She stared at the back walls of the auditorium as people walked in. Settling in the seats or simply making themselves comfortable by standing. She sighed softly before standing and moving for the mic. "Testing...Testing...can everyone hear me?"

Bloody_Death Bloody_Death galvanismgal galvanismgal JuniperBoi JuniperBoi DovahBeat DovahBeat Raku Raku Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu Texangamer Texangamer asphodelus asphodelus AquaMarie AquaMarie (I'm still super sorry I deleted your characters by accident T_T)

Dominic|HT1 Fighter|29|In a Forest Campsite(Outer Edges of the site)|Miles(Other teammates?)
Dominic had been awoken by one of his hounds a few minutes ago. Informing him that Miles was up and venturing away from the other members of the team. They currently rest in a small outside camp. Since they had been moving for a while now and the humans needed to rest. They were just shy of resting at a normal campsite set up by SHA. Not that it bothered him. Sleeping outside in the fresh air wasn't too bad, it was well-refreshing. Paired with the crisp air of spring, dare he say it was nice. Followed behind Miles, his red eyes holding a faint glow to them as he followed the gentle-looking human. He was rather perplexed by this one. At first, Dominic had thought Miles to be a soft boy, hoping for good things. But as he had come to find out, Miles was actually twisted. Perhaps not to Dominic's twisted point. But the boy certainly wasn't normal. He smirked, if he did decide to turn against these humans, perhaps he'd kidnap Miles. Purely out of the curiosity of it all, keep him around until he was no longer entertaining.

Miles Thompson|HT1 Medic|24|In a Forest Campsite(Outer Edges of the site)|Dominic(Other teammates?)
Miles felt a chill run along his spine and he turned noticing the gleam of Dominic's eyes, "Could you at least speak up instead of planning my death?" Miles asked feeling a bit annoyed by the demon. Dominic smile turned to a smirk, the early morning light seeming to make him look creepier than he usually did. "Oh come now, I would neeverrr." Miles rolled his eyes, "If you are following me out of distrust then it's misguided. I'm looking for possible herbs. Also, no one believes in your friendly theatrics." Dominic held a hand to his chest, "So harsh...how ever will I survive? Besides, it's not that I don't trust you. I'm simply keeping an eye out. You never know when we might run into those beings." Miles frowned, "You are one of them...I'm curious as to why you even joined...or how you were accepted." Dominic's eyes darkened, "I do belive there was a saying created by a human, 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend.' I feel you should understand this, yes?" Miles nodded, "How would other supernatural beings be your enemy." He shook his head, "Never mind...don't answer that. If you plan to follow me help me look for herbs." "Why bother when we are so close to one of the actual campsites? You can simply trade off your abundant herbs for more useful ones. This was only a quick set up to rest for the evening." Miles paused, "That..." A frown crossed his face, "Isn't a bad idea actually. Damnit...why didn't I think of that." "Well it is early in the morning, I've noticed most human minds don't function well so early." Miles wanted to protest, but he couldn't. "Let's just go back then...the others are probably waking up or up by now." He grumbled heading back for their camp, he hadn't gotten too far thankfully. Otherwise, he would have been pissed that Dominic followed him while holding the idea of trading off their current goods for needed ones. Dominic's happy humming disturbed him a great deal, as if the man knew what Miles was thinking.

Yahhah Yahhah
Pipsqueak Pipsqueak (so you know we are starting)

Last edited:
Erykios had entered the auditorium quietly, or at least as quietly as he could considering his hooves clicked against the ground. He settled himself into the back, standing and out of the way so those sitting could still see.
At the mic testing he raised his hand in a thumbs up, quietly giving confirmation that he could hear even from the back. Ery hoped they could get this over with quickly, he wanted to get back to the med bay and check on both the patients and his collection of herbs and plants. Winter hadn't been kind to his plants, but now that it was spring, he was hopeful that he could at least revive some of them.

Reenie 15 angel/demon apartment

Rennie just groaned as she was waking up she was studying the medical book that esmarie had gifted her she just yawned as she got out of her bed and walked to the kitchen as she saw her sister making food" morning" she while she was rubbing her eyes she was still groggy she didn't want to go to the meeting" what's the plan for today so we have any patients today or do we need to stock up" she asked she had her medical book with her so she could study while she was at the meeting or in the doctor office" hey sis why did you become a doctor for" she asked yawning BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Marshall Boone

Marshall had been up for some time though he'd kept pretty close to where he'd been sleeping to start his morning with some stretches and a quick workout. He'd noted the two members of his squad taking their leave that morning but he hadn't said a word to them. He simply noted their leaving and kept an eye out in case it looked like that demon was up to something, regardless of the scheming status of said demon both men returned without a hitch. Upon their return he'd be seated on a stump, resting Georgio on his leg while wiping the weapon down with a cloth. He was fully outfitted as he always tried to be for travel, his armor gleamed with a metallic sheen in the early morning light. His head was still uncovered though, with the styled helmet resting upon the mini-gun. "Morning gentleman, ya find anything interesting out there or are were ya just in the mood for an early morning jog?" Marshall would be focused on being rid of a particularly resilient stain while he spoke.

Laura Whitlock
Laura however was not one to look the gift of a good sleep in the eye. Fury had been quiet last night and that meant she'd been out like a light. Her slumber ended when the movement around their campsite awoke her sleeping buddy, who decided to get his energy out by crawling back and forth over her torso. Her hand came up and closed over back and she stroked the cub's back while she got up into a sitting position. She scanned the campsite and saw the rest of the group already out and about. She made a grab for her bag and clicked her tongue to the cat who knew the deal and climbed right into an empty compartment to ride along. Once standing her gaze went to her sword lying against a rock nearby in a sheath. There was a moment of hesitation before she affixed it to her hip. "Early start eh?" Laura's greeting was sent towards the men as she joined them, Marshall would respond with a chuckle and an 'always.' She'd pull a compass out of her bag and glance at it before continuing. "Anyone have any word about the new Campsite." She stayed standing perhaps in an attempt to fully wake up.

Sylvia Farin|Head of Maxwood Sactuary|30|Weapons Mage|Auditorium|Everyone
Sylvia noticed Erykios was the first to respond to her test, "Very good. Thank you Erykios. I'll let you all get settled in fully before I start the announcements. Please try to be as comfortable as possible. This never seems to get easier..." She said with a soft sigh, noticing a few more people coming in.

Alcuris Twilight|TFT2 Scout|18|Emopire|Outside|Open
Alcuris had just left his room, heading for the auditorium, he really didn't feel like going though. It was the same old thing, more people lost, supplies low...nothing but depressing matter. More emotions to weigh heavily upon his shoulders. He ran a hand through his hair, flashback to his first day here came back and he smirked slightly. He was still scared to be in such a large room with others. It of course wasn't as bad but the fear was still there....

Esmarie Twilight|Maxwood Doctor|32|Emopire|Apartment|Rennie
Esmarie glanced toward Rennie, "Good morning sleepyhead. Here, munch on this while we walk. My stomach was growling so I made some simple egg, cheese, and sausage burritos. It'll help you wake up a bit more." She said with a light chuckle at how groggy Rennie was. She had allowed Rennie to sleep in a bit longer than normal because Esmaire knew the poor girl had been up reading about medical things late into the night.
Texangamer Texangamer

Launet Sefra|TFT1 Fighter|19|Demon/Unicorn|Auditorium|Open-->Erykios
She walked into the Auditorium with a small sigh, this place held many memories. Some good and some bad. She glanced over taking notice of Erykios, "Mind if I join you back here..." She asked him with a soft smile. Staying in the back was just easier, you didn't have to wait so long to get back outside when the announcements were done. Not to mention, even though she had learned to control her horn. There was always the slim chance that she'd slip up. She had found that humans were far more susceptible to the deathly horn on her head than other supernaturals
DovahBeat DovahBeat

April Valence|TFT2 Second-In-Command|18|Water Spirit Contractor|Apartment|Malcolm
April stared at the eggs that seemed to take forever cooking. At least the bacon was done. She had to admit she'd woken up a tad later than she'd like. Which was why she was trying to rush to cook breakfast. As she got older she noticed if she didn't eat breakfast she'd get a bad stomach ache. In the years April lived in this world, she found out two crucial things. Firstly, the water spirits here worked differently and two, her water spirits from the other Earth don't need as much of her blood, because they were slowly adapting. It was interesting when she had first summoned Gale, there had been chaos because his energy clashed with another water spirit of high ranking. There weren't Kings on this Earth only low to high-ranking water spirits. 'The meeting is about to start.' whispered Gale's voice in her mind. "I know. I'm trying to get this done." She glanced towards Malcolm's room, "Is he up? Should I wake him...he seemed pretty exhausted."
JuniperBoi JuniperBoi

Helina Talzin|Maxwood Civilian|302|Highborn Nature Elf|Apartment|Maxine
Helina had been up for a while now, though she had just returned to the apartment. Before that, she'd been working on giving their garden an extra boost. While she could certainly force them to grow, she didn't want to run the risk of making the soil itself go bad. She stretched her back, hearing a resounding popping noise. "Man...I'm getting old aren't I...I wonder if my precious child is awake or still sleeping."
Texangamer Texangamer

Finn|Civilian|Maxwood Civillian|16|King Cobra Shifter|Room|Open
Finn rolled over in his bed, for once he had remained in his human form while sleeping. But that was the thing, as per usual he was still sleeping.

Dominic|HT1 Fighter|29|In a Forest Campsite|Teammates
Dominic grinned as the other members were awake, "No jogging. Simply making sure our healer stays safe. Would hate for anything to happen to his pretty face." Miles glared at Dominic, who just kept smiling. Before deciding to sit down and summon one of his hounds, "This fellow here tells me that we aren't far from the actual campsite. So I followed Miles to tell him not to go looking for herbs. It would only slow us down and I'm sure they will have herbs to trade."

Miles Thompson|HT1 Medic|24|In a Forest Campsite|Teammates
Miles scratched the back of his head, "Unfortunately he is right...besides with Spring having just arrived, I'm not sure what I was hoping to find." Miles felt a bit like a fool admitting this demon was right. Then again, Miles enjoyed venturing out on his own...when he got the chance. Though it didn't happen as often as he'd like. For good reason though, you couldn't even trust the woods anymore. Supernaturals were super good at hiding in the forest, the ones that hid though usually weren't too much of an issue. No, the ones that taunted them on the other hand were.
Yahhah Yahhah

Last edited:
"Be my guest" Erykios nodded back to Launet, shifting his stance to open up some more room for her to stand next to him.
Ery in a way could relate to her, not so much in the way of being a potential danger to someone (though, he supposed, having a large equine body was dangerous enough for those smaller and weaker around him), but being different even among their own ilk of supernaturals. While Launet's was of the danger variety, Erykios constantly felt like he was in the way, or to big, or wrongly shaped compared to the world he lived in. The world was shaped more with those with a smaller build, two legs, and hands in mind. At least he had hands, Erykios mentally mused to himself. He could have been born a magical horse instead and would be even more out of place.
Nonetheless, he found solidarity with Launet and their shared desire/need to stand at the back.

BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising Launet

Lode 17 mineral construct
Interaction: @

Lode ran though their mental checklist of the duties they assigned themselves to preform that day as they walked to the auditorium. Since the academy had morphed into a sanctuary, they had been keeping themselves quite busy assisting where needed and doing small patrols of the area inside the barrier to make sure everything was set as it could be for those still being brought in to be sheltered within it.

Nothing seemed out of place to Lode so doing a quick uniform check to make sure they remained prim and proper for the big meeting before entering. Lode passed through the doors to the auditorium as they had a few years previously and let their gaze roam around the room picking out those they knew and gave them an awkward nod in greeting if they were looking.

As Sylvia seemed to be doing a volume check Lode took a spot off to the side and out of the way so they could leave at a moment’s notice if they needed to without disturbing anyone. As people continued to trickle in Lode couldn't help but be aware of the empty spots caused by those already lost.

Kyla|Fighter|16 Dragon/human|

Kyla was leaning against the wall she was touching the chain marks as she sighed she wished they were gone but no she had to see the marks her parents had broken her arm but she was saved she just looked up at Sylvia" Morning Ms. Sylvia" she said as she looked around she didn't like being around so many people she didn't have the sling she was supposed to wear she forgot to put back on when she had gotten dressed" I didn't hear you leave this morning" she told her she was the only one she talks to her only friend she had here " the Mic sounds good to me" she told her yawning

Maxine Talvin| Maxwood Cilvian| |16||Elf/human| Apartment| Helina Talzin

Maxine just walked down the stairs as she just rubbed her eyes she looked at her mom" Hey there mom" she said as she smiled she was glad that she wasn't in the task force that she had quit" Where did you go" she asked" I'm sorry for not listening to you when you said not to join the task force i thought i was doing something good" she told her" it's my fault that she's gone now you just wanted to protect me I'm sorry" she said she has been holding back she wanted to apologize to her mom for a while but she never had the words she was messing with her friendship bracelet " wanna go for a walk" she said looking up

Rennie| Maxwood Doctor| 15|| Demon/ Angel|Apartment| Esmarie

Rennie just smiled" thank you Esmarie" she said as she reached for the burrito it smelled so good" your the best" she said as she looked up" should we head for the meeting" she said as her stomach was growling she just blushed a little she was glad she had someone to look up to" I'm glad I decided to become a doctor like you being a medic was too scary" she said as she shivered a little at the thought​

Malcolm Willems|TF1 Fighter|19|Werewolf|Apartment|April Valance

Malcolm woke up to the bright sun piercing through the window and into his eyes, a terrible start to the day. He sat up and started stretching as his muscles were sore from training last night. He looked at the calendar to see that today was the sanctuary’s monthly meeting. He quickly got up from his bed and began heading towards his bathroom. He cleaned himself up and after he was done he looked at the mirror. His piercing yellow eyes reflected back at him. Two years have gone by him and so much has changed. Ever since he was recruited to one of the Sanctuary’s task force things felt different. Maybe it was the immense pressure that came with the job, or maybe it was the lives that were lost two years ago. If only he wasn’t so weak back then, he could’ve made a difference. Maybe less casualties would’ve happened. He clenched his fist at the thought of it and almost punched the mirror in frustration. He stopped himself and sighed. No use in being hung up in the past. He exited the bathroom and put on his uniform.

As Malcolm exited his room, he was greeted by a smell of breakfast being made. At least this morning had an upside. “Morning April…” He said with a yawn. “Eggs and bacon again?”

Damien Wells|Doctor|36|Whisperer|Medical Center—>Auditorium|Open

Damien woke up to his alarm going off. He slammed on the clock as he groaned. He knew that he shouldn’t have covered for Esmarie’s overnight shift. He looked at the date on his phone and quickly jolted up. “Shit! I overslept. How could be so stupid!?” It’s bad enough that most of the monsters in the sanctuary don’t trust him, but now he was missing an important meeting. He quickly made himself look presentable and exited the center. As he speedwalked to the auditorium, most of the citizens were giving him weird looks as he walked by. Ever since the tragedy two years ago, a lot of the sanctuary’s residents were on edge about him being here. It even got to point where he would get trash thrown at him or worse. Fortunately Sylvia, the sanctuary's new leader after Dax was able to mitigate some of the harassment. Making sure that nobody brought harm to him. He would still hear some people talking about him behind his back, but it didn’t bother him that much. That’s why he became a doctor so that he would regain the trust of most of the sanctuary’s residents. He soon arrived at the auditorium and sat down, hoping he wasn’t too late.​

Marshall Boone
"Good to see the squad looking out for each other" Marshall would finish wiping down the spot on his gun though his tone made it clear the statement doubted the sincerity of the demon's statement. He'd raise an eyebrow when the dog was summoned but after being given the news he gave another chuckle. "Felt like we were gettin close. Alright, lets take thirty if we need to get everything together. Anybody hungry should grab a ration now if they aren't interested in snacking on the march. I'd like to get back on assignment as quickly as possible." Marshall made the announcement and got to his feet, he definitely seemed in a hurry to go.

Laura Whitlock
Laura was a tad disappointed at the lack of details to her question, she supposed she shouldn't be too surprised. She was wondering what had pushed the squad to move so far to this particular campsite, it could've been random she supposed but it'd felt deliberate. Though if there was something this group either didn't know or didn't care to share. Upon the announcement she'd dig into her bag and offer some jerky to the cat on her bag who'd take it, "if anyone's running" Laura would begin speaking only to stop when a hiss entered her brain, hungry. She paused, narrowed her eyes a bit and turned around, "I'll just take a check to see I've got everything" came the announcement as she went back to her sleeping spot.

Hybrid Amphiodrake —
Shrike Lanier
he/they
MS Auditorium — Open
He'd let his human visage drop in in the early dawn, side sore where some hunter had scratched him, eyes raw, head throbbing with fatigue and unshed tears. He hadn't spoken since he arrived at the Sanctuary. He hadn't napped at all either, magical bedroom aside, haunted by night with memories of blood and rust-iron blades.

There was a meeting in the auditorium. His mind was numb, but Shrike at least knew that much. He stumbled out of his dorm into the hall, into the light. Magic made him look sharper than he was. It whispered at people to stay away from him, and it whispered to him where the auditorium was.

He made it there unscathed and undisturbed. He stepped to the side. He claimed a spot in the back corner of the auditorium; he sunk down behind the last row of seats. The stage was visible if he peered between them.

Half of him hoped that no one would see him settled on the carpeted floor. Half of him was fairly sure he wasn't meant to be here. It felt as if he were a child spying on his foster parents, trying to listen in on a parent-teacher conference. It had been two years since he'd left them. Shrike wasn't so sure how to feel about that.

On the stage, someone with brilliant red hair tested out the microphone. They were starting. Shrike shrouded himself with his magic. Don't look at me. Don't see. But he was only a lost boy, and his powers were weak. Someone was bound to notice his presence.
Code by Serobliss

Last edited:
Sylvia Farin|Head of Maxwood Sactuary|30|Weapons Mage|Auditorium|Everyone-->Kyla
Sylvia smiled at Kyla, "It hasn't been that long since we freed you. I figured you could use a bit more rest. I also had to visit a friend and talk with him for a bit." She glanced towards a few open seat in front of the stage. "Do you want to go down and join the others or hang out up here with me? Also, I know your arm isn't better. Where is the sling?" She knew that Kyla probably hated the thing. Slings simply weren't comfortable, but Kyla needed it to help her arm heal properly. She'd offer for Kyla to come stand next to her, but Sylvia was fairly sure Kyla was more comfortable by the wall rather than front and center. It had taken Sylvia forever to get Kyla calm enough to let one of their doctors look her over.

Esmarie Twilight|Maxwood Doctor|32|Emopire|Apartment-->Leaving|Rennie
Esmarie ruffled Rennie's hair, "To be honest I'm glad you chose to be a doctor here as well. I would worry too much when you'd go on missions. It's hard to belive we've been living together for two years, but to me, you are still that little scared child I found..." She said as they exited their room and headed down the hall to go to the meeting. Esmarie always worried that someone would lash out during these meetings. Either due to a lack of supplies or just wanting attention. She took a bite out of her burrito, swallowing before glancing at Rennie, "Also while I love how enthusiastic you are to learn. Don't overdo it. If you do, there is a chance you could be unprepared to tend to a patient. Okay?"
Texangamer Texangamer

Launet Sefra|TFT1 Fighter|19|Demon/Unicorn|Auditorium|Erykios
Launet leaned against the wall, her arms crossing under her chest as Sylvia talked to one of the newest rescues that had latched onto her. She glanced at Erykios, "Do you think they'll send us out on another rescue mission or a supply run? I personally would prefer a supply run..." She asked him as a few more people walked by, glancing at them before moving on to take their seats.
DovahBeat DovahBeat

April Valence|TFT2 Second-In-Command|18|Water Spirit Contractor|Apartment|Malcolm
April grinned, "Well I had been planning to cook some steak and eggs, but I slept in too long so this was the fastest thing I could think of. Besides you know by now bacon, eggs, and none burnt toast are my specialty!" She said with a grin, pointing proudly at the toast that was a nice golden brown, instead of being burnt. "I made the yokes of the eggs slightly hard, we can grab a slice of cheese and make sandwiches without having to worry about too much of a mess! A simple but fulfilling meal, perfect to start the day!!!"
JuniperBoi JuniperBoi

Helina Talzin|Maxwood Civilian|302|Highborn Nature Elf|Apartment|Maxine
Helina glanced over when Maxine's voice hit her ears. "I went to give the plants a small boost." A small frown crossed Helina's face as her daughter apologized, "Sweetie...you don't have to tell me sorry. I know you were just trying to do what you thought was best to help out. But even if we hang back, there is a lot we can do without putting ourselves in danger. As for going on a walk, I would love to, but we need to go to the meeting first. Then we can go on that walk. Does that sound like a plan?"
Texangamer Texangamer

"Dually noted bossman." Dominic started to collect his things, humming still. His unusual chipper mood made Miles shiver. Which Dom noticed and a chuckle escaped him. Yes out of these current humans, Miles would certainly be the most fun to toy with. Though Laura and her sword would take a very close second. He knew toying with Laura would carry a slightly higher risk, but it would be fun. As for Marshall, well Dominic knew better than to toy with that one. If he ever planned to betray them, his best bet would to be either run or doing his damnest to kill Marshall fast. There would be absolutely nothing fair about that fight, Dom would use every single dirty trick he knew. His red eyes gleamed slightly, but toying them really wasn't his goal. The hound he summoned growled slightly and Dom reached over petting its black skeletal-like body. "Don't worry boy, we will find her and once we do there won't be a slow process. Her power will be mine, then I can fully complete you..." He said with a wistful grin.

Miles Thompson|HT1 Medic|24|In a Forest Campsite|Teammates
Miles made sure his stuff was collected, grabbing a ration and munching on it while trying to avoid Dominic's eyes. He flinched slightly when he heard the growl from the creepy half-starved-looking hellish hound. Complete it? So it wasn't supposed to look like that? Miles remembered reading things about hellhounds, they were always creepy-looking, but he never pictured what Dominic has to be those hellhounds. The thing stood as tall as a saint Bernard, but it had very little muscle, mainly all bones that were pitch black with beedy glowing red eyes. Its claws and fangs looked like they'd rip you to shreds with one simple bite or swipe of its bony paw. It looked unhealthy...and very out of place. Its head made a strange creaking noise as it turned to look at Miles, before Dominic snapped his fingers and it vanished as soon as it had appeared. Dominic simply grinned ear to ear, "Ready to go?"
Yahhah Yahhah

Erykios looked back at Launet, then half shrugged.
"I wouldn't mind another rescue, but a supply run would be easier." He agreed, before something caught his attention.
It was Shrike, trying to conceal himself with magic, though it wasn't a very strong effect. He stepped over to the young amphiodrake, leaning down and gently resting a hand on his shoulder. "How are you doing? Settling in okay?" Ery asked softly with warmth.
He had been one of the first to welcome Shrike into the Sanctuary, being a medic and treating him and all that. He wanted to make sure Shrike was still recovering well, and Ery would be lying if he said that Shrike wasn't a little familiar. Though, he couldn't place why that was. He didn't think too hard about it, though. There were far more important things to think about.

asphodelus asphodelus BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

HT1 "Scout" —
Kea Lau
he/him
HT1 Forest Campsite — BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising Yahhah Yahhah
He wasn't chained. He wasn't shackled. The hunters had stripped him of his weapons, but they hadn't tied him to a tree, hadn't whipped or lashed him hard till he begged into the sad earth.

What was wrong with them? They'd caught him working with a monster. He'd expected cruelty.

Instead, they'd given him a tent and retired for the night.

It was leniency to the extremes.

If their positions were swapped, he would have at least bound his own wrists. Tortured. Made him scream.

You know. What the hunters always said they would do.

It was all over the news, on social media; how ruthless hunters were, how cruel to monsters and traitors.

Too many people worshipped them for it.

What, did they think him a child?

Did they think Shrike had charmed him, stolen his soul; and now that the boy was gone to paradise, they ought to redeem him?

What made Kea special?

The lad got to his knees, peered outside of the small tent he had all to himself. He flinched back at the infernal creature he saw, some hellish hound. What the hell was it doing here? He'd been captured by hunters, hadn't he, not some occult anarchists?

He shivered, sunk back into the tent. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to venture out. They'd come get him if they wanted him, yeah?

Or just set the camp on fire while he hid out and leave his ashes in the woods.

Code by Serobliss

Kyla|Fighter|16 Dragon/human|

Kyla just looked at Sylvia" I appreciate it but I can't really sleep that well" she say" I don't know what would happen if you guys hadn't found me I tried to fight them but i was useless" she say as she shock her head" i don't want to i mean i don't know how to trust anyone except you i trust you i don't know if I'm ready yet to take that step it hasn't been that long since that day" she say as she looked at her arm as she bit her lip" I think it's in my room" she say looking at her" do you think it will ever heal" she told her

Maxine Talvin| Maxwood Cilvian| |16||Elf/human| Apartment| Helina Talzin

Maxine just looked at her mother as she sighed but she grabbed the food she made for her mom" I made French toast for you" she smiled softly" yeah I know exactly what I want to do without doing anything dangerous I want to find herbs for the doctors here" she say as she smiled" Alexis sacrifice won't be in vine I miss her but I have you" she say as she looked up" oh yeah that meeting I forgot about deal let's go to that meeting " she say to her mother

Rennie| Maxwood Doctor| 15|| Demon/ Angel|Apartment| Esmarie

Rennie just looked at her sister she just walked with her" sometimes I still feel that scared little girl more scared of him than anything" she told her biting into the burrito as she smiled" I can still feel him but at least I'm free" she say smiling" your more a sister than he was plus I have things to protect myself if he finds me" she say looking at esmarie she didn't want to go to this meeting but had to know what was going on with the supplies" yes ma'am I'll be more careful I just want to be a good doctor like you are" she say looking at her

ARTIE WILSON| 18| Werewolf/ TFT 2- Scout| Auditorium| Interactions: Texangamer Texangamer BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising
He thought it had been over. The nightmares that plagued his nights had finally released their grip on his mind for two whole months and the werewolf had never felt better. Truthfully, his relief had made him feel guilty. After everything that had happened to the school, to their families, to them. It didn't feel right to feel okay, but he couldn't stop feeling as if he had overcome one of the biggest obstacles he'd faced for years. After attacking that poor family in his family's old neighborhood years ago, Artie had had to live with the guilt of what he had heard. No, he didn't even remember attacking them. It was his mother who had told him about it, and eventually his parents had decided to send him to Maxwood. Not that he could blame them of course, they couldn't risk the exposure. Not that it mattered now.

It seemed as if all progress, every step forward Artie had taken since being here, was stripped away in only a couple of months. The nightmares had started again, though this time they were filled with visions of his friends slaughtered and of he himself getting cornered like the prey animals he had learned to hunt, getting torn through and left to die.

The sound of his alarm was what had saved him. He'd shot out of his bed lightning fast, eyes like glowing flames and nails extended, ready to attack those figments of his imagination. It had taken a while for Artie to settle down again, heart still beating out of his chest while he dug around for his old grey flannel and a ponytail holder, thankful that it had been a dream but terrified of what might await him for the oncoming nights. Today was supposed to be the monthly meeting in what used to be the school's auditorium. Outside of its doors was where he had first met Layton and Antoine, when life had truly felt like it had begun. He was late now, he realized with an internal groan, as his eyes passed over the clock.

"Stupid meetings... stupid mornings." Artie grumbled, checking himself in the mirror mostly to make sure his facial expressions remained as joyful as he hoped. It wouldn't do to show how completely lost he felt now. Everyone had enough on their minds as it was, and he always felt good about making others laugh. He'd kept up his clumsy, joking personality through it all, but it was beginning to weigh on him. He could see it in himself as he looked at his reflection- his eyes had dulled and sunken, his pale skin looked gaunt and washed out, but when he spoke it was as if the only thing that had changed was his exterior. That's how he wanted it to be, and so it should.

Dragging a hand over his face, Artie stumbled to the front door of his new single bed apartment and walked outside towards the auditorium. As it became a habit, the werewolf glanced around in search of onlookers- anyone who might perceive him. There were a few people out in the field, seemingly busy checking stock. They paid him no mind, but Artie still greeted them with faux excitement, which in turn was received with exhausted "good mornings".

When he arrived at the auditorium, Artie smiled and waved at those who had made it before him, holding up his hands as if calming an ecstatic crowd.

"Aw, you guys waited for little ole' me?" He exclaimed upon seeing that Sylvia was still preoccupied with other students. Kyla, the girl who occupied the role as fighter in the same task force he had joined, stood next to the weapons mage- without her sling, he observed. He clicked his tongue at her, but a good natured smile played upon his lips.

"I gotta start writin' you reminders to put your sling on! Your arm'll fall off if ya keep forgettin' it, ya know. It's true, I read up on it once." Sliding his hands in his pockets, Artie leaned himself against the wall and looked around the room. It was so barren contrasted with the days of his first school year, but he shrugged off the thought quickly. Instead, he gave a toothy grin to Sylvia, waving at her.

"Ya know, if ya just wanna catch me up on the notes now I'll be outta your hair real quick!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back