• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Maxwood Sanctuary Lore & Chat(Open&Accepting)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

BloodWolfRising

Dame of the Moon's Darkness
Roleplay Type(s)
Maxwood Academy was once a rather peaceful place of learning. Young beings of all kinds traveled far, some even from different universes just to live and learn within the walls of Maxwood Academy. But in a span of only two years, everything fell apart. The world of the supernatural came to light amongst the humans and panic spread worldwide. A place called Supernatural Hunters Association was created in a few months and the hunt was on. The hunt to tear down and eradicate these awful supernatural beings from their world! Maxwood went from an Academy to a Sanctuary and the Headmaster of Maxwood used his very life force to fortify the barrier around Maxwood. Now everyone in Maxwood works hard to help each other and to save others like themselves from being hunted down. But the S.H.A has grown so much...will Maxwood remain safe? Or will the Hunters get their wish of tearing down the only remaining hope for all supernatural beings?

Us layout and location of maxwood.png

Maxwood Sanctuary is located between Yellowstone National Park and Bridger-Teton National Forest. (Roughly XD It's hard marking it by eye)

The Main Hunter's Base that will be the problem is located in the very left upper corner of Wyoming.

Red - Complete Ruins
These are parts that have seen hell in battles. There are very few who have remained within these now-ruined parts of the world.

Yellow - Semi-Ruined
Some parts are worse than others, but these places still aren't in the best of shape. The closer it is to Green, the better the conditions. It is possibly the same for Purple and Orange areas, but less likely.

Orange - Supernatural Hunters Association(S.H.A) Grounds/Groups
These are all the locations Hunters frequent and likely have bases in. There will always be one central base and then smaller ones and campsites set up specifically for Hunters. Which is why their area markings can span so far.

Purple - Safe Zones
These are areas where humans don't agree with Hunters they feel that the Supernatural should be left alone to live their lives as they have been. That all the chaos only happened due to these Hunters starting up and hunting supernaturals like deer. There are few places that are like this and they are slowly being taken down by Hunters or people who believe the Hunters are saviors. The closer the Purple is to Red or Yellow means it's probably not in the greatest of shape but still decent enough to live. If it's completely surrounded by red though, it's a group struggling to survive in pretty much dead lands hoping they can remain safe that way. If it's surrounded by Green, they are located in a very healthy place. And if surrounded by Orange...they are likely facing battles day in and night against Hunters.

Blue - Maxwood Hideouts
These are houses or buildings hidden in plain view. They hold food, water, and medical supplies and are mainly used as a hideaway if something goes south. Each Hideout has a teleporter inside it meant to take you directly to Maxwood. But the teleporters require the blood of each person and if the person is human they will get thrown back by the teleporter with a zap of electricity. If it becomes compromised, the hideout is shut down almost immediately and marked with an X on the map. The supplies are also taken out so Hunters can't get their hands on them.

Grey - Unknown
These areas are either not reachable by anyone from Maxwood or have gotten to be far too dangerous and risky. Most likely any Hideouts were lost and only a select few would dare to venture into them because you truly have no idea what you are walking into. It would be a disaster area, a Hunter's base, or simply normal.

Green - Untouched
These are parts that haven't been met with full outbreaks of war between Hunters and the Supernatural. Most of these areas are highly overpopulated due to people escaping the ruins of their old homes. It's basically just normal life for most. People work jobs, pay bills, and live their lives to the fullest. But don't think Supernatural can roam free here...someone could call Hunters at any given point so it's best to try and blend in.
________________________________________________________________________________

Maxwood Sanctuary
A place for all supernatural beings to live in, there are of course more houses that aren't visible, but this gives you the basic idea. Maxwood Sanctuary was once known as Maxwood Academy. A place for learning, and even protection should it be needed. But now the place is solely for the protection of the supernatural. Any and all are welcome, well except humans. Even those who might be from the safe zones are not allowed in. The only absolute reason a human would be allowed into the Sanctuary is if they were the parent of one a half-breed. And even then strict regulations have been placed upon them just to ensure Maxwood remains a safe place.

Maxwood Haven Layout.png

Layout

As you can see there are multiple storage units set up around the place. Along with squares and rectangles marked F# and A#

F# stands for a Family home, this could be for groups that have been saved from Hunters that had been living together and consider each other family or they are a family. They were created for a more private and homey feel.

A# stands for Apartment, there are singles or doubles. So you can live with a total stranger or live by yourself. It's up to you just add it to your character sheet in the Living Quarters: section. If you are part of the Task Force team, you can choose to live in one of these, but it is preferred you live in the Lead Apartments. Easier to call upon you that way.

Maxwood Haven singles layout.pngMaxwood Haven doubles layout.png
________________________________________________________________________________

Supernatural Hunters Association
You are part of S.H.A, for most humans, you are seen as their saviors. The ones that protect them from the evil supernatural beings. You actually go through rigorous training to take on the supernatural. Hand-to-hand combat, learning to use an array of different weapons, and even finding out the true weaknesses of some of the supernatural beings. The Association pays well if you pass all the training and is the best way to live an easy life...as long as you do your job and don't slack off. They have very strict rules when it comes to supernatural beings, either kill on sight or arrest for information. And if you are a supernatural being....you'll have wished they killed you. There are only two reasons why you are ever kept alive, one is to have the information squeezed out of your very soul. Or two, to be their playtoy...a lot of them find joy in making supernatural beings serve them and using them as practice targets.(Keep in mind all RPN rules still apply!)
SHA building.png/SPOILER]
Housing
Unlike Maxwood that is like a community. Hunters move around a lot. Wherever they are summoned for a job they go there. There are special hotels and campsites set up for Hunters to live in while they are in that area. If it's a hotel, it's like your everyday hotel, except you show your hunters badge, and all expenses are covered by SHA.(As long as you aren't a complete glutton). If it is a campsite then there are Class A camper trailers set up for the teams to live in comfortably. Geranally one lot per team has two Class A Campers. To ensure peek resting conditions. With security cameras and lots of storage for weapons.

Important Need To Knows
Just because you are a hunter, does not mean you can kill other people's characters as you please. If you want to kill things, they must be NPCs or characters you have been given permission to kill. Just the same, those who have supernatural characters can't kill you off without permission either.

You are not all-powerful, just because you know combat and have a bunch of weapons. The same goes for those with powers or abilities. I want things to be fair on both sides. If someone isn't being fair and power playing you will be warned.

Keep in mind that supernatural beings even though the same type may not fall under the same stereotypes of what can harm them. But bullets will always be effective in some manner even if only to temporarily stun.

If you have a character you want killed message me to let me know and I'll put them on a kill list for either a major event to take place or for someone to kill off as they please. Let me know if you have a preference to how they die and I can mark that :)

Last edited:
Not at this current point, Dax wants it to be a safe haven for learning but he is also going to toss his fully human adopted son into the mix, so not only is he wanting to provide a place to learn, but hopefully help the human and supernatural start to co-exist. Now, I'm pretty sure that Texangamer Texangamer would be up for some possible evil trying to get into the school and setting it to ruin....but for now, let's go for just basic academy.

Is it fine to just submit another character as a student or do I have to ask to reserve a slot before posting another sheet?

Alright, finally got around to posting my trio. If there's any issues let me know and i'll fix 'em ASAP.

I don't know yet i go to work tomorrow don't get off till 630 we will see give me a bit

I put down survival for both de-let and Hyacinth. I can’t wait to start tomorrow!

Alright everyone!!!! This is what we got! 🤣 I know it might give some of you a headache to look at but just so you can see it was randomly generated! I'll get it all typed out tomorrow
Screenshot_20230529-212424.png

megumin-destructive-explosion-hitting-enemies-eelowgv6lh1ajgam.webp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back