• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

MocaPoka

Everyone shall be friends...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Mass Effect: Citadel Mend
6c8ba0f8af11b2e4487c220fd358819f.jpg

(Art By: Spiritius)
(Cover Art By: Furente7)

At the center of galactic civilization. At the heart of culture, progress, and unity. The Citadel slowly heals.

After the devastating attack by Saren and the Geth; life in the Citadel struggles to return to normalcy. Lives taken, bodies ruined, and homes destroyed; many once peaceful beings struggle to pickup the pieces. Life, no matter what kind, does not give in easily however.

Welcome to the this Mass Effect (ME) Slice of Life RP!
mass_effect_2_citadel_by_droot1986_d2k59zi-pre.jpg
(Art By: droot1986)

The primary goal for this roleplay is to explore the daily life on the Citadel, with the more ordinary beings that live there as the focus. A secondary goal is to expand on some of the political elements of the Citadel and wider galactic community. Additionally; themes of healing, the pains and traumas of war, lose and forgiveness; are elements I would love to see in the plots and characters.

Non-combat orientated characters are desired most for this. That being said combat focused can work with the right plots and writings. Examples; a bounty hunter that lost a limb during the Citadel battle protecting others, costing him his career. A human soldier on extended leave at the Citadel struggling with the lost of a Turian lover. A C-Sec officer struggling to keep doing their job after near every coworker has died. A questing Quarian who after surviving together with an Asari barkeeper, has fallen in love and wishes to help rebuild her home and bar. Or a Krogan assassin that has finally decided to retire after losing friends to the Geth attack.

This types of ideas can work; with good writing and well thought out motivations and areas of development for the character. Remember though, combat will be not be a focus here usually.

dc7juaw-7ee92863-55f0-4c02-866a-623b5b10d950.png
(Art By: skyllianhamster)

A Turian diplomat, shop owner, doctor, student, an Asari dancer, or just a random civilian are more the types of character ideas that are more so encouraged.

A Turian diplomat struggling with the new political power gained by the humans. A weapons shop owner profiteering on the sudden need and want for weapons within the Wards. A newly licensed doctor struggling with the responsibilities thrust on her from lack of personnel and high causalities after the attack. A human student suddenly displaced after their school program was upended. An Asari dancer debating on whether to return to Commando training after losing a Salarian lover in the attack.

These are the ideal types of characters for this story. While I will have no limit on how many writers can join, I will be picky with writing skill. So show off with the CS. For posts; three paragraphs should be a comfortable average. Solid grammar skills are expected, as are the basic rules and manners of writing with other people on RpN.

Combat can be a thing in this roleplay, but it will be few and far between for the most part; especially in the beginning. With that being said, my goal is for this to be a long term and large roleplay. Again there will be no limit to characters or writers. Multiple story-lines and plots can run at the same time; with myself (and possibly another GM) guiding the larger plot and narrative to drive characters together.

I have several plot ideas and more will come as characters and story-lines are developed. Some I had in mind are; characters getting caught up in a more aggressive human population movement as more Alliance are station on the Citadel. A Quarian gang appearing on the station trying to survive as Quarian/Geth hate reaches its peak. A large amount of poisonings of dextro-protein based foods criminal mystery. A Biotic Asari/human school opening up with a few too many ties to the Asari Republic for the Alliance's liking. Those are the types of plots and story-lines that characters could possibly be run through.

Additionally, AU alien races will not be allowed. I may (and its a big may) allow for alien races from other franchises such as Star Wars to join. Though that would take a lot of work on the writer to do. You would need to convert the race over to ME. That means lore. Lore to the point where I want to know where on the ME galactic map they are from, their internal politics and Citadel politics, are they dextro-protein or levo-amino acid-based?

cooking_time_by_annahelme_dbbi4v8-fullview.jpg
Things to note: There is a point system used for skills/abilities/traits your character can have. This is to help with roleplaying and keeping people from going off the rails. It will also be used as a reward for quests or really good roleplaying/writing. Think of it as a leveling and reward system a little.

Some game lore to note; the major lore importance for this right now is that Shepard is female and she sacrificed the Council.

I would love to see this rp develop where we get into ME2 story-lines and possibly even ME3.

8b8ee49fe5611192e524bfc586a6a1dc.jpg
(Art By: TheVibe0TT)

Possible adventures off station may be a thing. Though they will act as more side stories or quests. The Citadel will remain the "home-base" of the main story.

Anyway, thank you for reading a feel free to ask me any questions on here or in PM.

Fandom - Mass Effect: Citadel Mend OOC

Fandom - Mass Effect: Citadel Mend CS

Last edited:
So that's three so far that have shown a possible interest. If I get atleast three more I'll start moving foward with some things like a CS thread.

This looks pretty neat, gonna brainstorm a character for this. How could I miss out on an rp from my favorite video games??

I haven't played Mass Effect in like six years, but I'd love to get back into it with this.

Ok it looks like we have atleast six people. I'll move ahead with making an OOC and CS section. Others are encouraged to still show interest here though.

Ok! I have the OOC and CS sections up. On working on the CS I came up with a point system for skills. With that system being used I will be more open towards combat oriented characters. For now feel free to use the OOC for chatter, work on CS, and feel free to ask any questions.

Fandom - Mass Effect: Citadel Mend OOC

Cierra Cierra
CaptainSully CaptainSully
atomic atomic
Vexumin Vexumin
Nothingness Nothingness
DSLIX DSLIX

Others are still free to join of course. Just let me know if you are interested.

Updated my first post on here. Trying to be more friendly to people that want more combat focused characters. The point system is fairly good I think right now. Though I will likely keep adjusting and improving it.

Ok the first NPC has been made. If anyone is interested in joining, I've attached a link here to the CS section. Here you can see the details of the point system, as well as the format of the CS, type of writing and characters desired.

Fandom - Mass Effect: Citadel Mend CS

Greetings! This has definitely caught my eye and I am interested in joining but did have one question. How often are you wanting people to reply? I'm assuming once a week since that's pretty typical but it's been a while since I've been in a group roleplay so I wanted to double-check.

Greetings. I honestly am not making a posting time frame for now. Just whenever you can. I would ask if you have a character that is interacting with another writer's character; just give them a heads-up on when you can respond to them.

That works for me! Admittedly it's been a while since I've roleplayed ME so I don't have a character in mind so it might take me a day or two to come up with something. If I happen to come up with more questions (which is likely as I am a bit of an overthinker) would you prefer me to PM you or post in the OOC thread?

Characters are coming along good. Likely by this weekend I'll open up the story area for people to post so we can get started. Others are still welcomed to join in.

Are we all kind of starting in the same areas? How likely should we expect some character to character interaction? Also, will the story be updated by you for each of our characters or do we just kind of do our own thing? Sorry for all the questions. Just getting a lay of the land for the rp.

Good questions. Basically people can start where ever they want on the Citadel. Ideally, writers will have their characters be in situations where others can join in. As much character to character interaction is the best. Though of course that might always be possible; as long as posts are leading towards others to be interacted with in the future its fine. The micro stories will be driven by the other writers. I will handle the macro scale stuff.

I'll make scenes and events that can help bring characters together when needed. Also having NPCs, events, plots that will given characters a reason to cooperate or interact with each other.

Lol.

Yeps.

As long as the rp is still alive people are free to ask to join.

Which reminds me, I'll open up the rp for posting tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back