• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Mass Effect: Between Time OOC

Oh, no problem. Its a good question, I'll send him a message and see if he's Game or no longer interested.

Post wise your good. Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi post when your ready and know what you want Ansgar to do or who to meet next.

Wanted to get this posted while it's present in mind and before we reach this point of the Rp:

Mission Plans for Sur'Kesh and My aim for its handling:
Since we've got a pretty good size group, plenty of biotics and tech, combat personnel available for us. (Barring any setbacks or interest changes) I am going to allow teams to form. (Who and in what team can be handled in IC/Character form, during the tactics meeting before hitting ground on Sur'Kesh) because that way it should allow for smoother operations and posting. Less jumbled together in one massive battle and making less sense tactical wise for this particular mission. Plus plain makes it easier to keep up with for both me and you guys honestly.

I am looking to find a balance here, so control and freedom is level and not too far in one direction. Allowing for less waiting times for people and responses and still have direction to keep us moving and scenes set.

Which is why I'm going to set each stage scene wise, but leave the handling of respective teams battles and details free for you guys to post and control kills yourself. Letting a visual take place for what each stage is and how many Alpha are present at key points of the mission. such as the first stage which will consist of the scouts within the watchtowers.

Second stage will be the generators which will be heavily guarded at each one and have some heavier hitters/tanks amongst the Alpha present.

Third and final stage will be of course the Alpha base. Infiltrating, countering the bulk of the Alpha presence on Sur'Kesh and elimination of the commander of said base. It will be a work through the base of operations and as you get further in, the tougher it will be. But a chance for some data retrieval will be made possible at a encrypted terminal database.

The in between as each team travels to the next stage is open for interpretation. Will your team find wandering teams of Alpha along the way to stage 2? Along the way to stage 3? Or will it be a easier path to your destination? Those options are up to each respective team as long as we stay within reason.

Archon Archon Iskandar Iskandar Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi Epiphany Epiphany NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy Dishonoured Dishonoured Killerclown Killerclown ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Mekuto Mekuto Steel Accord Steel Accord theunderwolf theunderwolf

If I forgot any names from the CS thread and those who are working on their CS for posting. I apologize and will add them at time of discovery. If they haven't let me know themselves and already see this post.

Edit: Overall I aim to replicate the games in a way. Allow for decisions to be made by the players and how they handle it. Which is why teams will be handled in strategy meetings instead of OOC. The commander could take group input to decide her handling of the team or go renegade and say to hell with your opinions we're doing it my way and that's final!

Mission calls and squad formations plus whatever I'm not thinking of at this moment, which would be made by the player and helps shape who they are in the game. I hope to somehow replicate here for everybody involved. If what I'm typing makes sense, it's late for me and way past my sleeping hour, so missed details and non-seniscal writing is possible. Good night folks!

Last edited:
sorry i haven't been posting i have just been distracted and more or less waiting for the area my character was in to be less crowded.

No problem Karcen Karcen i understand. I promote characters getting to know one another because of the positives it can bring, but don't want people forcing themselves into posting. So your good Karcen, post when you feel comfortable and are less distracted.

MEA was pretty good.

A non Rp yet ME related question: Anyone else feel like an ass when you tell Dr. Chakwas to stay in the labs in ME3 instead giving in and taking her with you on the Normandy? I feel like my Shepard had good reasons and Michel was a new doctor to try and get to know. But certainly came out of it feeling like a jerk to the trusted and old friend, Dr. Chakwas.

MEA was pretty good.

A non Rp yet ME related question: Anyone else feel like an ass when you tell Dr. Chakwas to stay in the labs in ME3 instead giving in and taking her with you on the Normandy? I feel like my Shepard had good reasons and Michel was a new doctor to try and get to know. But certainly came out of it feeling like a jerk to the trusted and old friend, Dr. Chakwas.
I brought Chakwas, shes my doctor and friend and I think the rapport she and shepard have is one of the most lowkey sweet things in the series. There's literally no other relationship like it and watching her and shepard go from an old veteran doctor and a newer commander to trusted professional partners was one of my favorite subtle relationship developments. Also i love MEA with a passion and think it was flawed but still under-rated and if not for the unfair expectations placed upon it it would be an incredible game.
Wanted to get this posted while it's present in mind and before we reach this point of the Rp:

Mission Plans for Sur'Kesh and My aim for its handling:
Since we've got a pretty good size group, plenty of biotics and tech, combat personnel available for us. (Barring any setbacks or interest changes) I am going to allow teams to form. (Who and in what team can be handled in IC/Character form, during the tactics meeting before hitting ground on Sur'Kesh) because that way it should allow for smoother operations and posting. Less jumbled together in one massive battle and making less sense tactical wise for this particular mission. Plus plain makes it easier to keep up with for both me and you guys honestly.

I am looking to find a balance here, so control and freedom is level and not too far in one direction. Allowing for less waiting times for people and responses and still have direction to keep us moving and scenes set.

Which is why I'm going to set each stage scene wise, but leave the handling of respective teams battles and details free for you guys to post and control kills yourself. Letting a visual take place for what each stage is and how many Alpha are present at key points of the mission. such as the first stage which will consist of the scouts within the watchtowers.

Second stage will be the generators which will be heavily guarded at each one and have some heavier hitters/tanks amongst the Alpha present.

Third and final stage will be of course the Alpha base. Infiltrating, countering the bulk of the Alpha presence on Sur'Kesh and elimination of the commander of said base. It will be a work through the base of operations and as you get further in, the tougher it will be. But a chance for some data retrieval will be made possible at a encrypted terminal database.

The in between as each team travels to the next stage is open for interpretation. Will your team find wandering teams of Alpha along the way to stage 2? Along the way to stage 3? Or will it be a easier path to your destination? Those options are up to each respective team as long as we stay within reason.

Archon Archon Iskandar Iskandar Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi Epiphany Epiphany NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy Dishonoured Dishonoured Killerclown Killerclown ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Mekuto Mekuto Steel Accord Steel Accord theunderwolf theunderwolf

If I forgot any names from the CS thread and those who are working on their CS for posting. I apologize and will add them at time of discovery. If they haven't let me know themselves and already see this post.

Edit: Overall I aim to replicate the games in a way. Allow for decisions to be made by the players and how they handle it. Which is why teams will be handled in strategy meetings instead of OOC. The commander could take group input to decide her handling of the team or go renegade and say to hell with your opinions we're doing it my way and that's final!

Mission calls and squad formations plus whatever I'm not thinking of at this moment, which would be made by the player and helps shape who they are in the game. I hope to somehow replicate here for everybody involved. If what I'm typing makes sense, it's late for me and way past my sleeping hour, so missed details and non-seniscal writing is possible. Good night folks!
Stage 2 sounds like it was tailor made for Gwyn's expertise, if we want a battle plan. She's excellent at disabling larger targets and holding an area to hack/disable the generators.

I brought Chakwas, shes my doctor and friend and I think the rapport she and shepard have is one of the most lowkey sweet things in the series. There's literally no other relationship like it and watching her and shepard go from an old veteran doctor and a newer commander to trusted professional partners was one of my favorite subtle relationship developments. Also i love MEA with a passion and think it was flawed but still under-rated and if not for the unfair expectations placed upon it it would be an incredible game.

Stage 2 sounds like it was tailor made for Gwyn's expertise, if we want a battle plan. She's excellent at disabling larger targets and holding an area to hack/disable the generators.
It was a great relationship in the series. Nice rapport, good amount of stability for my Shepard. But heard she could be war asset and wanted to get to know Michel and see the experience unfold. But Chakwas relationship with my Shepard and the history there, made it a tough call and feeling like a ass for leaving her behind and knowing she's a ship kinda woman, not a lab doctor.

Agreed.

The mission may just hold a bit of everything possible. Leaving scenarios for multiple classes to hold expertise.

MEA was a hatchet job I was fascinated by what they got right but so much of it felt the same and it lacked the depth I wanted. I feel like the biggest issue they had was focus, they focused on the planets more than the people. Not to mention they cut half of the Milky Way species out of the game. Despite the issues I had with the game I was sad to hear they weren't doing dlc for it and honestly am going to miss what andromeda could've become.

I'm hoping the ending and Quarian ark proves other Milky Way races make into the next game. They made a mention of multiple races aboard the ark and why it held them back in the flight across dark space or else I'm going to be truly bummed out. Especially if no more Milky Way games are made in the future to expand upon what your Shepard or some future generation in the galaxy are doing.

So thinking about the facility on Sur'kesh, and it crossed my mind about it being a joint run project with the Salarians.

Cerberus builds a "secret" black ops site on the planet with both them and the STG running restricted experiments. And of course my brain goes to the Cerberus scientists trying to experiment on the Salarians only to realize they were already being experimented on.

Partially in support of the idea Mekuto Mekuto however Cerberus and STG working together is unlikely and plays against the reputation Cerberus has before the events and team building in ME2.

While second Cerberus experimenting on Salarians on Sur'Kesh derails the timeline. Because it's affecting the point of Dr. Maze and this particular plot. However a secret Cerberus base laying low on Sur'Kesh before Maze's betrayal and taking over of said base, plays into his stealing of Cerberus funds and resources, using their research he'd be knowledgeable of and turning his betrayal into a quick rise with his own army of super soldiers.

Epiphany Epiphany
No problem, but cool news!

It just hit me as odd that the Salarians didn't know cerberus was on there home planet. Even if it's not a joint op it wouldn't surprise me if the Salarians were observing the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back