• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MARVEL: The Imperative Annihilation [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
As for deducing the extent of the grid levels, I recommend checking the characters who have the same level for a better understanding of the scale.

Edit: Canon characters, of course

Even that fails at times with certain fan favorite characters accomplishing feats well above their stats say should be possible.

As for deducing the extent of the grid levels, I recommend checking the characters who have the same level for a better understanding of the scale.

Edit: Canon characters, of course
I did check out Torunn and Thor, as well as Colossus as a range to follow (I should check Shadowcat). So.. Idk if Torunn in my CS is too powered now?

I did check out Torunn and Thor, as well as Colossus as a range to follow (I should check Shadowcat). So.. Idk if Torunn in my CS is too powered now?
Eh. Seems pretty fair for a daughter of Thor. The closest to a critic I have is feeling that a 5 in energy projection is a bit unnecessary considering that it only accounts for high control/range and throwing overpowered lighting around doesn't really need either of those.

Eh. Seems pretty fair for a daughter of Thor. The closest to a critic I have is feeling that a 5 in energy projection is a bit unnecessary considering that it only accounts for high control/range and throwing overpowered lighting around doesn't really need either of those.
Yeah I wasn't really sure about that one tbh. And like you said, because 5 covers "long range" I thought that'd be the most "accurate" for lightning ahaha. I definitely don't mind putting it down to 4. Maybe the occasional big bolts, but it'd drain her more.

The thing about energy projection is that the scale in itself doesn't really seem to account for power. The way it is described, it only represents control (Aka how capable of not blowing things up by accident you are) and sort of represent range, though it's not that accurate in this aspect too. Basically it's a shitfest and no one really knows how to use it.

Point is: Since every level basically only remarks control/range and number of energy forms used, you could theoretically have a stronger destructive ability with a level 3 or 4 in energy protection than a level 6 depending on the form of energy you have control over.

The thing about energy projection is that the scale in itself doesn't really seem to account for power. The way it is described, it only represents control (Aka how capable of not blowing things up by accident you are) and sort of represent range, though it's not that accurate in this aspect too. Basically it's a shitfest and no one really knows how to use it.

Point is: Since every level basically only remarks control/range and number of energy forms used, you could theoretically have a stronger destructive ability with a level 3 or 4 in energy protection than a level 6 depending on the form of energy you have control over.
That makes sense! Thank you ^^

On the fighting skill 7 stuff, consider that is an extreme, maximum dedication level that often needs dedicated powers to make it to that point, and it is very rare even for characters who are recognized as top fighters. The Iron Fist doesn't have a Fighting Skill 7. Captain America, with his accumulated experience, doesn't have a 7. Mantis, who can harm Thor with her space karate, doesn't have a 7. Black Panther has a 5.

Shang Chi, The Master Kung Fu and elder statesman of the martial arts world, has a 7. Danny Rand's immortal predecessor, who spent ages studying the full extent of his powers from K'un Lun sources Danny didn't have access to, has a 7. The Taskmaster has a 7 because he's aided by his copying power and even then it gets there because of his experience, his maybe daughter Finesse doesn't have a 7 despite having the same powers.

Fighting Skill 7 is honestly rare (47 listed characters including elseworlds vs, say, 126 characters with Energy Projection 7 apparently) and not at all needed to be considered a top fistfighter, and having it feels pretty damn weird for the characters you're describing, Elekta Kount Elekta Kount .

On the fighting skill 7 stuff, consider that is an extreme, maximum dedication level that often needs dedicated powers to make it to that point, and it is very rare even for characters who are recognized as top fighters. The Iron Fist doesn't have a Fighting Skill 7. Captain America, with his accumulated experience, doesn't have a 7. Mantis, who can harm Thor with her space karate, doesn't have a 7. Black Panther has a 5.

Shang Chi, The Master Kung Fu and elder statesman of the martial arts world, has a 7. Danny Rand's immortal predecessor, who spent ages studying the full extent of his powers from K'un Lun sources Danny didn't have access to, has a 7. The Taskmaster has a 7 because he's aided by his copying power and even then it gets there because of his experience, his maybe daughter Finesse doesn't have a 7 despite having the same powers.

Fighting Skill 7 is honestly rare (47 listed characters including elseworlds vs, say, 126 characters with Energy Projection 7 apparently) and not at all needed to be considered a top fistfighter, and having it feels pretty damn weird for the characters you're describing, Elekta Kount Elekta Kount .
Okay, thank you so much for the feed back, thank you all for the feedback.

However, due to something’s that have come up irl, I may be dropping this rp.

DO NOT take this the wrong way, I asked for feedback and I’m thankful I got it, I cannot stress this enough.

Booperboy Booperboy Sorry for taking up space.

I wish the best of luck to all of you. Ya’ll gonna have an awesome rp!

Well, I hope that wasn't on me, was just detailing how oddly specific and rare Fighting Skill 7 is amongst canon characters.

Sorry I haven't been active at all today—was at a dinner with my family since everyone's going back to University soon. Anyways, I need to catch up on the chat and some unanswered messages, so if you need me, I'll be there.

Booperboy Booperboy
I know you said you were working on your characters, but do you think you could go over the completed characters so we can know now if anything needs to be fixed?

Man, what a conversation I missed. Makes me glad I just basically copied Captain Marvel's stats (with a couple of tweaks, mostly lower Fighting Skill).

Would like preexisting connections but I thought it'd be fun to play someone who only recently joined the super heroing game and who takes a sort of Jessica Jones criticalness to the whole superhero thing (she still hasn't bothered to figure out a code name for example).

There's some nice characters out there! Torunn and Marvel Boy are some especial favorites at the moment. :)

Just do what I did, and make a character with hardly any power levels, then no-one will notice when you make an actual god!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back