• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Marvel: Future Chronicles

Are folks up for knowing each other in advance? Maybe not necessarily a preexisting team but we've seen each other around and have a little sense of what folks can do?

Effigy in particular hasn't been too personally active, given the risks to her real identity, but anyone who has shown up that can be tracked down, she's made the effort. If any of you need a source for gear, she's your girl. She's not super rich but she has technical expertise and can probably make/maintain vehicles and gear.

Im up with people knowing Kibto~ To what level could be discussed here. He doesn't have a home and is always wandering around, but he is a genius with technology and such due to his abilities. Whether peeps know about Nether *shrug* Im not sure XD Im up for basically anything though

Not really sure if people would know about Storm. Him being from Asgard and all. S.H.I.E.L.D would probably know though. Im fine if someone knows Storm with a valid reason though.

I honestly didn’t read those comics. No clue

Epiphany Epiphany I'm curious, what do you think about Kibto living at your character? He currently has no home or anything like that, maybe the characters could have met? Not sure how exactly though I think that could be discussed/figured out. Just an idea that popped into my head so he's not a hobo :P

Alright so I will soon make an establishing post, most will likely be going about their daily lives. Don't use this information to meta game your character into knowing what the Hand is planning but they are searching out artifacts and superhuman people in order to use them to create a vessel for the Beast to physically bring it into the human world. As far as artificacts go they are searching most intensely for the ten Makluan rings which are in different places all over NYC.

I have never actually read a 2099 comic, my only expose as through the Spiderman Shattered dimensions game. I do picture it as skyscrapers, flying cars, police who arrive in aerial vehicles, robots commonplace, and everything else that's typically futuristic.

EDIT: If someone wants to step up and be my 2099 lore helper.

Epiphany Epiphany I'm curious, what do you think about Kibto living at your character? He currently has no home or anything like that, maybe the characters could have met? Not sure how exactly though I think that could be discussed/figured out. Just an idea that popped into my head so he's not a hobo :P

I suspect Bryony likes the idea of helping out her fellow mutants, especially since she was fortunate enough to make it through undetected thus far and thus retain her privilege. So putting up a teenager's probably not much of a problem, especially given her place is large enough and secure enough to hide the dozen or so of herselves she keeps around doing various things (practicing martial arts, conducting professional research, doing investigative/news research, etc.).

Kibto himself is fine. If Nether is an actively disruptive influence, though, that's a much bigger risk. Active chaos, especially property damage and fighting, could bring the Public Eye down on her and destroy her life. So either Nether would have to have decided on his own not to mess up a pretty good living arrangement for himself/themselves or it'd have to be a pretty new arrangement and he hasn't made trouble before.

Thoughts?

I suspect Bryony likes the idea of helping out her fellow mutants, especially since she was fortunate enough to make it through undetected thus far and thus retain her privilege. So putting up a teenager's probably not much of a problem, especially given her place is large enough and secure enough to hide the dozen or so of herselves she keeps around doing various things (practicing martial arts, conducting professional research, doing investigative/news research, etc.).

Kibto himself is fine. If Nether is an actively disruptive influence, though, that's a much bigger risk. Active chaos, especially property damage and fighting, could bring the Public Eye down on her and destroy her life. So either Nether would have to have decided on his own not to mess up a pretty good living arrangement for himself/themselves or it'd have to be a pretty new arrangement and he hasn't made trouble before.

Thoughts?
I like this idea~

As for Nether, Im still trying to decide how he and Kibto interact with one another. For the most part, I dont think Kibto would let Nether see the light of day. He'd be continuously trying to keep Nether buried. When he's first accepted into the household, its unlikely Bryony would even know of Nether's existence. Though maybe a few months or longer (depending on how long they have been living at the home), she could have seen Nether for a moment when Kibto started to lose control over himself

If we're looking at the course of months or longer then...I imagine by that point Bryony's tried to make arrangements for Kibto. Likely using several of herselves to tutor him to finish his education so he can pass state competency exams and have any hope of success in the job pool. Not that the job pool is for everyone, particularly with mutants, but she very much would like to help him plan for his future. Even get him a computer and facilitate his exposure to the broader world, help him find something he can do that he can be good at and passionate about.

I imagine she'd also like to help him find his parents, if that's possible.

If all he wants is a place to hole up and hide in and heal from his trauma, Bryony can respect that. Just letting you know that she's a woman who plans and she wants life to look up for him in the future. :)

If we're looking at the course of months or longer then...I imagine by that point Bryony's tried to make arrangements for Kibto. Likely using several of herselves to tutor him to finish his education so he can pass state competency exams and have any hope of success in the job pool. Not that the job pool is for everyone, particularly with mutants, but she very much would like to help him plan for his future. Even get him a computer and facilitate his exposure to the broader world, help him find something he can do that he can be good at and passionate about.

I imagine she'd also like to help him find his parents, if that's possible.

If all he wants is a place to hole up and hide in and heal from his trauma, Bryony can respect that. Just letting you know that she's a woman who plans and she wants life to look up for him in the future. :)
Haha, she sounds like a really cool person~ For the most part I think he'd accept all the help, be it tutoring and the search for his parents. While he likely won't do all that good when it comes to finding a job and such. He would be more than delighted if given a room that was filled with the latest of tech. Due to his powers and such, he loves tech to no end and is always looking to learn more about it. He'd try and make sure he isn't dead weight though, probs, for the most part, try to do what he could to help around the house. Or just be her personal tech guy if she ever needs help with that.

How long do you think this they would have known/lived at the same place? Kibto would have only destroyed/left the lab rather recently (within a span of slightly under a year)

Awesome! I suppose he is 17 so he has time to figure it all out.

As it so happens, I imagine Bryony has quite a bit of the latest tech! In part because she likes it, in part because being a mechanical engineer with Stark-Fujikawa pays well, and in part because she's invested there so she can have a duplicate constantly keeping up on the news so she can get a jump on things mutant-related. Although Bryony herself is technically literate, she's a better builder than she is a computer hacker. If he's got the chops to build out custom computer parts with his powers, though, I imagine that could greatly expand on the kind of vehicles or supertech she can field or make available to other mutants.

Worth thinking about. As for duration, pick a time frame that suits you and what you want to play with. The longer he's with her, the more comfortable she'll try to make him. So if you're wanting to play a 'raw' teenager with super-recent trauma, keep it recent. If you'd rather play someone who has had enough time to get his feet under him and start thinking about what he wants to do in this world, that works too. I'm good either way. :)

Hmmmmmm let's say he's been with her for about, four months. For the past seven months, he has been wandering and just barely scraping by (the reason he has those nice things is due to having taken them from the lab before utterly destroying it). Could have met in New York, maybe he was being mugged and used his powers when she came across? Or something along those lines? He would have been in a sorry state, ie hair tangled and muddy, clothes torn and basically ruined. Would have been very frazzled as well, without a doubt would have looked like someone that could really use any sort of help.

and as for pre-established relationships with nathaniel, id say he's been wandering around on his own for a bit with stops inbetween journeys. he'd left the school for gifted mutants nine months back to go off on his own, and occasionally resides with wolf packs. if anyone wants to have some sort of connection though, id be up for it

So I have read up on Earth 928. Although this Earth isn't neccessarily that Earth, there is a lot of ideas that it gave me.

I'm gonna need everyone to make one daily life post, and then expect hell to break loose on the loners then spread to those not in solo scenes.

Do you want the post to just be like, something the character is doing on that give day that leads into meeting everyone else or...?

I think we make an establishing post for our characters? Where they are at the time/what they are doing. Just to get an initial feel for them, afterwards, its likely something will happen to draw them closer to one another.

I think we make an establishing post for our characters? Where they are at the time/what they are doing. Just to get an initial feel for them, afterwards, its likely something will happen to draw them closer to one another.
Makes sense. Are you doing yours now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back