• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Making It [OOC]

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Going to do a whole character list like my buddy up there. xD

First things first I feel like Ezequiel (need a nickname.....LOL, probably Zeke, Kil, or Ray.), would be the last member to have joined (excluding the guitarist). Just what I think, let me know if you think different!
-----------------------
apolla apolla : So after reading through your bio I feel like some interesting dynamics occur between our characters. Tragic pasts aside, they have really similar personality traits and I think that will actually lead to a bit of a rivalry although they do completely different things. Because of this I feel like they would fight/annoy each other just as much as they get along, and any conflicts would just end up building his respect for Sadie once the dust settles down (because their will be dust everywhere. xD). In short I think it will be a ball of fun, but when it comes down to it Zeke knows he can depend on her. What ya think?

Tui Tui : Struggled a bit thinking of how it might be with your character. I feel like their personalities are a little different, but not detrimental to any bond they might share. If anything, their backgrounds are very similar so she could relate to Zeke (if they ever share it with one another). Both from rich families, both the youngest, both lived with parents in a "false" marriage, etc. That said I could definitely see a rocky relationship in the beginning. Not to the extent that Zeke would avoid her, but more of how a student has level of respect for a teacher/principle. LOL

JayeTheKat JayeTheKat : I feel like Z has the potential to be the brother Zeke never had. I could see them goofing around and getting into trouble, or even just having each others backs. Not much to say here, but I don't see them fighting too often outside of playful jabs.

deer deer : WE NEED A GUITARIST!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, but yeah I see Zeke getting along with your character for the most part although he might tend to tease her because it might be fun. Zeke is protective of all his bandmates, but I could see him being particularly protective of your character since she doesn't seem to possess the most bold personalities of those in the band.

Cosmo Cosmo : I don't have much to say because you probably summed up the relationship perfectly! Likewise, I could definitely see a barrier being between them and Zeke would probably pick up on any reservations Sam has about him which would just lead to more problems. Zeke probably considers Sam a fancy pants who has never had any real struggles besides overachieving. You've hit it head on! LOL
-----------------------------------
These are just ideas I spit balled; moreover, its really just constructed from Zeke's viewpoint, so your character might react an entirely different way to mine. If you have any other ideas I'd be happy to hear them!

apolla apolla : So after reading through your bio I feel like some interesting dynamics occur between our characters. Tragic pasts aside, they have really similar personality traits and I think that will actually lead to a bit of a rivalry although they do completely different things. Because of this I feel like they would fight/annoy each other just as much as they get along, and any conflicts would just end up building his respect for Sadie once the dust settles down (because their will be dust everywhere. xD). In short I think it will be a ball of fun, but when it comes down to it Zeke knows he can depend on her. What ya think?

I love this too! So they'll maybe have like a bro/sis type of relationship in the end? I love the rivalry, yes! Sadie would have probably thought he was super hot at first, but I think the two of them being more friends/almost siblings would be cute. i can definitely see her doing stuff just to annoy him, but overall she'd respect his abilities and persona.

I love this too! So they'll maybe have like a bro/sis type of relationship in the end? I love the rivalry, yes! Sadie would have probably thought he was super hot at first, but I think the two of them being more friends/almost siblings would be cute. i can definitely see her doing stuff just to annoy him, but overall she'd respect his abilities and persona.
^^^^^THIS, the back and forth between them will be great. Glad you agree as I can totally envision this.

apolla apolla A heat of the moment kiss would be so great, 100% down for the hilarity of that. Tension is the best. Mm, on tension, I think a misunderstanding would be fun. Whenever he speaks to his daughter, he either uses her name or calls her 'love' so Sadie, and probably others, just assume that is his girlfriend and it'd make sense. He is a handsome guy, is emotionally stable and is fairly well off financially. Would be rather fun when she finds out this 'Katie' is just his daughter [and that he has two kids because that is not something he'd ever mention] then on Sam's side, because of how close Sadie and Zeke are, he assumes they are a thing.

apolla apolla A heat of the moment kiss would be so great, 100% down for the hilarity of that. Tension is the best. Mm, on tension, I think a misunderstanding would be fun. Whenever he speaks to his daughter, he either uses her name or calls her 'love' so Sadie, and probably others, just assume that is his girlfriend and it'd make sense. He is a handsome guy, is emotionally stable and is fairly well off financially. Would be rather fun when she finds out this 'Katie' is just his daughter [and that he has two kids because that is not something he'd ever mention] then on Sam's side, because of how close Sadie and Zeke are, he assumes they are a thing.

HOLY SHIT YES

Working on le post.

Posted. :P Figured since she had her eyes closed, would be fun if he thought she was sleeping. Also ensured his phone conversation, if someone only heard half, would hear something entirely different then what the conversation actually was.

Last edited:
hiya!
i’ll definitely respond to the relationship discussions soon! can’t wait ! < 33

(( currently out studying for finals ))

i cant believe i didn’t ask before or maybe i’m really blind and didn’t see it! but, i was wondering what genre is the band that you have in mind?

is it rock or so? because reading through everyone’s sheet, albeit slowly, i’m wondering if i made Marigny Noelle hella different than the image you were looking for? hehe.

apolla apolla

deer deer I totally pictured hard rock/metal akin to Halestorm or perhaps something even heavier. But its okay to not fit in perfectly! Sam is a country fan after all.

i cant believe i didn’t ask before or maybe i’m really blind and didn’t see it! but, i was wondering what genre is the band that you have in mind?

is it rock or so? because reading through everyone’s sheet, albeit slowly, i’m wondering if i made Marigny Noelle hella different than the image you were looking for? hehe.

apolla apolla
Pictured a rock band, LOL. But I kinda like that she is different. Feel like it would be a great plot point!

My CS is finally done! I know I took ages to finish it but at least I did it today. Your temperamental keyboardist is ready to cause some drama lol

My CS is finally done! I know I took ages to finish it but at least I did it today. Your temperamental keyboardist is ready to cause some drama lol
Great I'm going to read it and get back to you. I'll tag you when I'm done, happy to have you!

Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy Alrighty! Time to knock out that last character relation for Sam... Mmm, I kinda like it because Alexandra is the only one Sam doesn't worry about. He's always watching the other three, waiting for them to slip up and mess up, constantly feeling like, eventually, they are going to screw something up but he doesn't feel like that with Alexandra. She's driven, a perfectionist and, in a way, professional [probably because she's distant like Sam, himself, is]. She's like the oldest child, despite being the youngest in age, the one he knows will be okay and can trust.

On some level, I imagine he is a bit worried about how.. distant she is with the other band members and while he can respect that, he does it himself, he is a bit worried that she will cut herself off too much from them. I'm sure their occasional spats are fun tho, with both being rather honest and upfront although Sam tries to undercut tension with jokes and I'm not sure how well Alexandra would take that.

Mm, its strange, but I feel like, despite him trusting Alexandra the most and seeing her as the most reliable member of the band [does anyone know the band name? Causssse I don't] I think she is also the one he worries about the most, in a strange way. Worrying if she is alright, if she is making friends, if she is getting her message across, if she needs something, etc. The difference between Alexandra and the rest is while he is worried they may screw something up, he's worried if she's happy. Not content, but happy [which goes directly against his 'they're not your friends' rule, but he can't help wanting to take care of her in that regard]. She's not the one he butts heads with all the time and has that underlining attraction to like Sadie, she isn't the one he is waiting to mess up like Zeke, nor is she the type that needs micromanaging like Zyon, but I think she'd be the one he dotes on the most [I imagine on the down low].

Let me know your thoughts!

» CHARACTER IDEAS:
hello loves! so i just looked through everyone's characters and can i just say. . . . DAMN. everyone is such a badasses and i'm here like whistles. here are some of my ideas and my responses to ideas as well! feel free to "nope" or add more ideas to these too! favorite part of the role-play is making relations, hehe. but, of course, things can change!

Marigny Noelle: In general, Marigny Noelle is definitely going to be taken for a whirlwind with everyone! With everyone's dynamic and much stronger personality than she, she will have some slight insecurity and even intimidation with everyone, especially being the newbie. But! She's definitely going to prove to not only them but mostly herself that she deserves a spot in the band! I have a feeling that she would audition with Zombie by the Cranberries? [[ I imagine she would jump for joy when she is accepted as a new guitarist and end up speaking in Irish along with spewing and rambles, oof -- someone would have to stop her, thankyou. ]]

Cosmo Cosmo : I absolutely love that idea? Him coming to the Cafe with his daughter from time to time for a fix is the cutest? I would imagine that she would absolutely love talking to Katie! I think, since Sam is more on the distant side, she would probably respect his boundaries and speak to him here and there but would focus her attention on Katie if she's more chatter-y! Probably from time to time, Marigny Noelle would sneak in some extra "goodies" in a bag if they pack things to-go just because!

Hm, I was thinking that there's an open mic at the Cafe? So, there's free-lancing singers and musicians that probably pop up on stage from time to time, so Sam could have scouted at the Cafe before, maybe? I do believe some business transaction could happen at the local Cafe as well since it's quite known? I don't think Marigny Noelle would have performed in the Cafe before, if she had it would probably be after hours and in secret so that could be a reason why Sam hadn't heard her play before or something like that?

So, her seeing Sam at the audition would be quite the shocker for her and honestly she'd probably smile widely at that, pfft. Her thought: Oh! Someone I know, but, don't be clingy. So she probably would try to not "know" him and maintain professionalism. Wow, she's an awkward turtle, please excuse her.

LazyDaze LazyDaze ; Your guitarist is here! Look no further! Ohymygosh. Zeke teasing her would make her so embarrassed? Like I swear she's sociable but she's also that chica who doesn't know what to do with herself when she's surrounded by so many people all at once because it's always been her and her mother? Like, of course, she's used to a large crowd, but not when she has to speak to a lot of people at once or speak more than she should? I mean, she's a chatterbox but it takes her a bit to feel more comfortable? And once she's passed the initial stage of first impression it's like . . . someone please duct tape her mouth ! And so for her to come into an established group and trying to fit in is like a huge thing? I think she'd be skittish at first but she'd definitely warm up to everyone!

Him being protective of her is also the cutest? She really doesn't have a bold statement like most of the band members but for some reason, I feel like once she decides to get her first tattoo she might ask Zeke to come with her? Even Mercedes too? And seeing Mercedes and Zeke bicker often, she probably finds it really amusing and is maybe even hopeful that she can be as close to her bandmates as they are with each other? But, of course, when things get heated , I imagine she would play peacemaker with the both of them perhaps? [ added apolla apolla here too since Mercedes is mentioned! ]

Tui Tui ; I absolutely love Melanie ! She probably sees Melanie is a model with her poise and grace? I think she loves her vibrancy and passion for styling and effects? Probably something she admires about her a whole lot! I have a feeling the two of them could get along really well! With Marigny Noelle loving arts, especially painting and vibrant colours, I can see them bonding with each other in that regards perhaps? I find that Marigny Noelle is much more trusting and gullible than Melanie, however, the both of them both are hard workers and have that mindset of needing things to be perfect. She probably would go to her for advice! Despite being close in age, she'd definitely look up to her?

apolla apolla ; Ohmygoodness. I swear these two are like the complete opposite, forreal? Honestly, Marigny Noelle is probably intimidated with her at first, but will never show it to her? I find that hilarious since Marigny Noelle is like "She's really cool" ??? I think she continues to keep the front of courageousness and bravery around her for some reason? I'm not quite sure, but I have that feeling. I'm not sure if they'd be close in the beginning, but I think Marigny Noelle hopes that she likes her? I think she does want her approval , however, Marigny Noelle definitely isn't one to not have a back bone. I have a feeling. . . . Mercedes can bring something more out of Marigny Noelle if that makes sense? Maybe even challenge her to get out of her comfort zone? I think their dynamic would be interesting!

I think, definitely when they grow closer, maybe something more than binds them together that helps their relationship better, she would want to be there for her methinks?

JayeTheKat JayeTheKat ; I'm deceased, the first thing Marigny Noelle said was "motorcycle"? And did a lot of "oooh" and "aaaah"! I see that he doesn't like sweets, so I imagine she'd bring some other snacks for him when they're practicing and whatnot! I think she finds him intriguing but also since he has trouble trusting new people, Marigny Noelle is new. So, I have a feeling he may be cautious around her? Especially since she's absolutely different from everyone else in the band? Hm . . . I think there's also going to be something that could have them get to know each other better? Seeing that he's a bassist that could be a start maybe?

Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy ; As someone who is a hard worker and a perfectionist as well, I think they have that in common, definitely. However, seeing that she speaks her mind and tends to be distant, Alexandra may not get along with Marigny Noelle at first only for the simple fact is that she can be quite talkative and tries to get along with everyone. I have a feeling she can also be intimidated by Alexandra as well but she wants to get to know her, methinks? She finds her intriguing as well and probably admires her as well!

okay loves! that's all i have for now! if you guys have any ideas and want to add , do let me know! but, if there's something you disagree with, that's totally a-okay, we can work something out, i'd love to hear your thoughts! < 33

deer deer Mhm, his daughter is a chatterbox while his son is more on the shy side. Lol I'm totally for Sam having seen her play before and having that, "Oh, I know her!" moment because if she didn't say anything for fear of being awkward, he certainly would blurt it out. Funny enough, this means she is the only one who knows about his kids which makes it interesting. Could be fun to rope apolla apolla in a bit since Noelle knowing about the 'Katie' in his life with things like, "How is Katie doing? Did she like X and Y? Katie is so cute, does she come to the shows, etc" to help flame that misunderstanding even more.

Overall, Noelle is going to present quite the... difficulty for Sam. She's like a puppy, and its hard to dislike a puppy, he'd go out of his way to look out for her [on the down low as is his way], whenever he had to crack down on her, he'd feel like he just kicked said puppy, but she is also dangerous. She represents the very real 'blurring' of the line between his personal life and his professional life. She knows about his family, she knows him 'outside' of work [even if it is in an extremely limited capacity] and, just.. is kind of a giant sign of the impending 'DOOM!' coming his way. So.. hmmmmmmmm. Interesting.

EDIT: LazyDaze LazyDaze :D I love that he calls him 'Fancy'. Also love that just as he was mentally sassing Sadie for wearing ripped up jeans with a jacket [even if it was an excuse for him to subconsciously check her out], the fact that Zeke is wearing no shirt with a jacket [albeit on accident] is going to give him the fits.

Last edited:
Cosmo Cosmo ; ohmygod, the misunderstanding if apolla apolla is roped into this would make things 10x more dramatic and i'm living for this! i am so down for that because. . . . . she would definitely ask about that when she gets the chance! she absolutely adores Katie and i think she would laugh a bit seeing that his son is definitely like him, methinks? i think that's really interesting . . . a new girl coming in out of the blue and she knows about Sam's personal and work life -- that's like boundaries that are being crossed!

ohmygod, a puppy! honestly, i can totally see that? i can definitely see her seeing him as caring since she sees another side of him? especially with his kiddos? i think she finds that lovely, honestly? just seeing that and i think at times, she may feel a bit pained seeing him with his kids because she's reminded of her father? oof. but. . . this is so interesting. . . . DOOM. I'm crying, please. . . . and I thought Noelle was dramatique! nudge nudge

LazyDaze LazyDaze ; YOUR POST. i'm cackling

Ugh I wanna write out relationships but I'm stuck on my phone for a while, and I might wait till I can use my laptop so stay tuned :P

LazyDaze LazyDaze ; sorry for double posting, but i thought of maybe "Killi" for Zeke's nickname from Marie / Noe ?
i don't think she'd go for "kill" or "ray" but "Killi" ? she's a total geek bc the hobbits

ALSO!
Y'ALL THESE COMMENTS ABOUT AUDITIONS.
ain't making it easy for noe to be all I GOT THIS
i'm deceased!
i'll hush now

Love all the plans flying all over the place. You guys post so fast! xD

Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy : Yeah so she might get put into the authoritative trinity with Sam, and Mel. LOL, I don't think Zeke is the type of person to hate her. He's a fairly hard worker, but he also knows the importance of R&R although that logic might make him look like a slacker at times. He would most definitely be annoyed by some of her antics and I could see them butting heads a lot, but I could also see him coming to her when he needs advice or an honest opinion because unlike Melanie, and Sam, Alex has a position closer to the actual band as opposed to management, and even he would respect her honesty and ability to think things through. Its going to be a rough ride, but I'm excited!

deer deer : Glad you liked some of the ideas, I thought it would be adorable as well. xD I just love the idea of Mercedes and Zeke taking her to get her first tatoo. People will think we tainted her! Great idea, if you think of anything else let me know! (I can totally see people bewildered as to how they are friends whenever they are outside of the band environment.)

EDIT: LazyDaze LazyDaze :D I love that he calls him 'Fancy'. Also love that just as he was mentally sassing Sadie for wearing ripped up jeans with a jacket [even if it was an excuse for him to subconsciously check her out], the fact that Zeke is wearing no shirt with a jacket [albeit on accident] is going to give him the fits.
LOL, that was actually a last minute decision and I'm glad I did it. I think it's hilarious. Plus I hadn't thought about Sam's reaction to him not having a shirt until after I posted. Im actually crying for Sam right now. LOL
LazyDaze LazyDaze ; YOUR POST. i'm cackling
LOL, one of the funnier posts I've written in awhile. It was fun to just kick back and write a laidback scene with some good comedy relief. xD More where that came from.
Ugh I wanna write out relationships but I'm stuck on my phone for a while, and I might wait till I can use my laptop so stay tuned :P
Life is hard, but don't worry we'll be here!
LazyDaze LazyDaze ; sorry for double posting, but i thought of maybe "Killi" for Zeke's nickname from Marie / Noe ?
i don't think she'd go for "kill" or "ray" but "Killi" ? she's a total geek bc the hobbits
OMG! Killi! That would be too adorbs coming from her, you might actually make him blush. He would probably only let her call him that though. He might let the rest call him Zeke or Kill. xD

deer deer Yeah, that is exactly his problem. Hard to keep that distant, 'I'm a professional!' facade up when one of them knows how big a softy he really is. Ruin his entire thing! What would Zeke do if he found out 'Fancy' liked to sit on the couch watching cartoons with his kids or would wipe his son's face whenever he ate at the cafe because he tended to inhale his food?

Ruin him.

deer deer Yeah, that is exactly his problem. Hard to keep that distant, 'I'm a professional!' facade up when one of them knows how big a softy he really is. Ruin his entire thing! What would Zeke do if he found out 'Fancy' liked to sit on the couch watching cartoons with his kids or would wipe his son's face whenever he ate at the cafe because he tended to inhale his food?

Ruin him.
Zeke would have a field day, I am actually crying picturing this. I'm going to have abs by the end of this RP.

LazyDaze LazyDaze You know what kills me? Whenever I hear/read Fancy as a name, I hum the chorus from Fancy by Reba McEntire. Seriously. It gets stuck in my head the second I read/hear that word. I'll not think of that song for months, then, bam.

So tempted to make it be something that crawls through the mind of Sam whenever Zeke says that since Sam is a country guy.

Here's your one chance Fancy don't let me down..

Aaaaa okay lots of relationship stuff... brain needs time to process... beep boop...
Will get back to all of that *after* I finish a post for Z since I need to get a firmer grasp on him as a whole yet before I think of relations and writing a post will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back