• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Gotcha! All logged. Gonna be very handy when it comes to sorcery workings. Also she is going to have a nice long nap with that gem of incomparable wellness as a body pillow.
Given Sherwood's prior ruling on limited greater hearthstones, I'm a bit sad Toun won't have access to one that can fit in a normal hearthstone slot. Speaking of, I need to quit procrastinating on writing charms for his Artifacts.

As for Rocky, his skillset is ultimately up to Aranfan, but Toun intends to make sure Rocky can defend himself. If only for the sake of narrative character building and such.

As for Rocky, his skillset is ultimately up to Aranfan, but Toun intends to make sure Rocky can defend himself. If only for the sake of narrative character building and such.

I imagine him having a basic brawl combat suite. I'd need to actually look up the solar brawl tree to know what that would entail, but excellencies covereth a multitude of sins.

I imagine him having a basic brawl combat suite. I'd need to actually look up the solar brawl tree to know what that would entail, but excellencies covereth a multitude of sins.
Solar Excellencies tend to go a lot further than most of their charms sadly. At least, in the combat arena. Outside of combat is where most of the effects seem more interesting I've noticed. That may just be how I see things though.

Solar Excellencies tend to go a lot further than most of their charms sadly. At least, in the combat arena. Outside of combat is where most of the effects seem more interesting I've noticed. That may just be how I see things though.

... not really? I mean, if you only look at full excellencies vs charms then yeah, but that's the wrong way to look at it. Excellent Strike is way better than just adding 3 dice, especially if you are rolling 10+ dice before excellencies. Essence Gathering Temper is very powerful if you can get it to reset reliably. Any of the perfect defenses are way better than their mote costs in excellencies.

Don't get me wrong, excellencies are really good, but they are just part of the toolkit.

... not really? I mean, if you only look at full excellencies vs charms then yeah, but that's the wrong way to look at it. Excellent Strike is way better than just adding 3 dice, especially if you are rolling 10+ dice before excellencies. Essence Gathering Temper is very powerful if you can get it to reset reliably. Any of the perfect defenses are way better than their mote costs in excellencies.

Don't get me wrong, excellencies are really good, but they are just part of the toolkit.
I could probably write a dissertation about why I loathe Excellent Strike, but it wouldn't be relevant to what I was trying to get at.

All I meant was the Excellency covers Attack, Defense, and any miscellaneous roll out of the box... for free. An individual charm usually has a small niche... but costs a hefty chunk of xp or a slot in the starting lineup.

Combat charms just don't really do enough for me to get me excited to spend the 8xp or starting charm slot on them instead of something else. Just compare Excellent Strike with a charm like Flawless Pickpocketing Technique and it becomes easy to see why the former seems incredibly lacking. My impression of the charm didn't improve after running the statistics on it either, for what that's worth.

My qualms with charms start to fade at Essence 3, but I've yet to even play a game that's reached it. I know I'm rather cynical when it comes to this stuff, so I don't wanna sit here and sound like I want to tear down your fun. I just have my reasons for being a bit disappointed is all.

Since it seems you are all going to take the time for a Sacred Hunt, those that are going on said hunt, go ahead and give me a Intelligence + Survival roll, with a target number of at least three successes to get your new form. Obviously, it must be something native to the East, so no polar bears or other such critters.

Rolling, spending 3m for the int excellency, and a willpower for an automatic sux.

Edit: 3+1=4 sux.

Edit2: Can I safely assume there are extant Gecko like species of climbing lizards that are big enough I don't need the emerald grasshopper charm?

Last edited:
Was expecting these to be wits rolls, as per last edition, so I'll have to make do with a stunt for Toun's hunt for now. I'll post it here while we hash out the departure details IC.

The full moon gazes sails upon the wind over Mahalanka, taking in the air for clues by scent. Breeze by breeze, he perused what the winds brought in from the four directions until the distinct musk of swamp water assailed his senses. Following his trail upon the skyward highways, he made his way to what he assumed was the closest marsh.

His avian eyes scanned the still waters, tracing telltale ripples following the day to day business of its native folk. Snakes, fish, frogs, crocs, salamanders, birds, and more filled the dankest reaches of the eastern wilds. It was a fair time spent tracing the paths of the largest predators, but it proved a worthy endeavor. With the passage of larger beasts, the smaller, less courageous amphibians and reptiles were often spooked from their camouflaged ambush sites.

It was through the trail of a large, scarred Alligator, that Toun caught the restless shifting of his prey, He dove down riding on silent wings. He reached down with his legs grappled with a tree faring serpent. Its limbs wriggled with the same overwhelming fervor of any animal caught in the talons of death. In a decisive surge of power, Toun wrenched his talons into its armored flesh and gouged out its beating heart victoriously with his beak.

To bring the ritual hunt to its final note, he drank deep of the serpent's hearts blood in triumph to preserve its power for another day.

7m for 7 dice (Int +Wits) 1w for an auto success just to cover my luck.

12 successes assuming 1 point stunt.

Edit2: Can I safely assume there are extant Gecko like species of climbing lizards that are big enough I don't need the emerald grasshopper charm?
Yes. You were able to find a gecko on the small end of your shifting ability, but you can add it to your form library.

Was expecting these to be wits rolls, as per last edition, so I'll have to make do with a stunt for Toun's hunt for now. I'll post it here while we hash out the departure details IC.

The full moon gazes sails upon the wind over Mahalanka, taking in the air for clues by scent. Breeze by breeze, he perused what the winds brought in from the four directions until the distinct musk of swamp water assailed his senses. Following his trail upon the skyward highways, he made his way to what he assumed was the closest marsh.

His avian eyes scanned the still waters, tracing telltale ripples following the day to day business of its native folk. Snakes, fish, frogs, crocs, salamanders, birds, and more filled the dankest reaches of the eastern wilds. It was a fair time spent tracing the paths of the largest predators, but it proved a worthy endeavor. With the passage of larger beasts, the smaller, less courageous amphibians and reptiles were often spooked from their camouflaged ambush sites.

It was through the trail of a large, scarred Alligator, that Toun caught the restless shifting of his prey, He dove down riding on silent wings. He reached down with his legs grappled with a tree faring serpent. Its limbs wriggled with the same overwhelming fervor of any animal caught in the talons of death. In a decisive surge of power, Toun wrenched his talons into its armored flesh and gouged out its beating heart victoriously with his beak.

To bring the ritual hunt to its final note, he drank deep of the serpent's hearts blood in triumph to preserve its power for another day.

7m for 7 dice (Int +Wits) 1w for an auto success just to cover my luck.

12 successes assuming 1 point stunt.
More than enough to add the alligator to your library of available forms.

Ah, I was hunting for the strangler lizard, he was following the gator to see what fled from it. Unless Toun can grab both.
Shows what I get for just scanning the text of your stunt. Yes, you got the Strangler Lizard, too.

Since it seems you are all going to take the time for a Sacred Hunt, those that are going on said hunt, go ahead and give me a Intelligence + Survival roll, with a target number of at least three successes to get your new form. Obviously, it must be something native to the East, so no polar bears or other such critters.

Making my roll. Going for a spider.

5 successes on a five die roll. Noice.

I'm going to go ahead and give everyone 3 regular Xp, and 2 Lunar Xp for the great role playing. I've already updated the running totals in the Character thread.

I'm going to go ahead and give everyone 3 regular Xp, and 2 Lunar Xp for the great role playing. I've already updated the running totals in the Character thread.

Sweet, I'm probably going to spend 3 lunar xp to have rocky teach me Riverspeak on the trip up.

Speaking of merits...

Sherwood Sherwood I'm still trying to get notes down on what I'd like Toun's Artifacts to be capable of. Is it too late to upgrade the Armor to a higher rating, or would I need to approach an artificer to get it reforged/upgraded?

Current thoughts are:
Reaper Daiklave - A sword that can affect the intangible (dreams and nightmares, spiritual essences / aspects of a target, emotions, memories) possibly able to destroy someone's will to fight or reflect and magnify old memories. Alternatively, a sword that reflects bonds and emotions into raw power. Main draw to the latter are effects that buff allies (especially battlegroups) or penalize opponents.

Reinforced Buff Jacket - Armor that enhances instinct and mobility (if it remains a three dot). I've considered trying to justify a power that activates a travel mode saddle, but I'm trying to figure out what that'd entail for something that's only a three dot artifact. If enhanced to a higher dot level, perhaps the same concept but more blatantly drawing on the heartsblood library for overtly magical effects.

As always, any suggestions are welcome. This character isn't as fully formed to me as some other concepts have been. It's a bit difficult to decide on what kind of path feels right for this one.

@Sherwood I'm still trying to get notes down on what I'd like Toun's Artifacts to be capable of. Is it too late to upgrade the Armor to a higher rating, or would I need to approach an artificer to get it reforged/upgraded?
I will let you make the change now, since it can be a part of the general tweaks that I said that everyone can make to their sheets.

I will let you make the change now, since it can be a part of the general tweaks that I said that everyone can make to their sheets.
I'll do that then, it'll be easier to justify buying a hearthstone or any other merit with XP than it will be upgrading an established artifact in character.

The language gap is a bit comical. I'd forgotten the only language Hazel and Toun both speak is Firetongue.

Looks like we'll be doing a lot of knowledge sharing over the next few days in character.

lol Then Renna would shift her language to Firetoungue to be able to communicate with all of you.

Sherwood Sherwood

How would you like me to describe the artifact in my CS? I will be saying its summoning abilities and attunement cost.

Also! What does it look like?

Is banishing a ritual? Can elementals be banished too?

When summoning things of a higher circle, especially Third, would I follow the rules of the Solar circle spell, or would it be different given I'm a Lunar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back