• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Me too!

But Hazel will still demand to know about the manse. I don't mind if she asks them after Toun gets them in the mood for answering questions.

5 successes on 18 dice is rather aggravating, glad I spent the will... Hopefully it's still enough to scare a few words from the guards.

Hopefully the post won't disrupt the progression of things too much.

I.... am just now learning the raiton is basically an archaeopteryx and not a crow as I originally thought...

This knowledge makes me feel funny.

A strange suspicion has just occurred to me...

What if this healing effect's twist from disrepair is that it invokes a werewolf-like transformative effect at night. It's not that creatures crop up and attack like it was a sudden onset of fog sharks, it's that the villagers acquire a ravenous and insatiable hunger, even those that visit may be under its spell... save for the Lunars who wield the immunity to transformative magic by their tattoos. We'd be caught in a town of maddened humanoid animals (physical or mental).

I was thinking something similar! Like the healing magic gets out of hand in such a way that it promotes violent Mutant growth, that the walls aren't to keep folks out.... but to keep the town people in. And there is no animals, cause they ate them all. Cant even store them in town.

Though I'm also half worried that as soon as Hazel opens up that door, some giant tentacle is going to snatch her up and drag her in.

(That said I'm still hopeful about seeing fog sharks one day)

I am sure I don't know what you are talking about. I just work here.

Hmm but such a spell of Corrupted words. More is at work here than just a fouled manse. Someone wants to keep things quiet.

Here is what you need to know to Distort a spell that has already been cast.

Distortion
Once a spell has been cast, its effects cannot be undone, but
a skilled sorcerer may mute, twist, or weaken them with a
distort action. This is an extended (Intelligence + Occult)
action, with a difficulty based on the circle of the targeted
spell—1 for Terrestrial Circle, 3 for Celestial Circle, and 5
for Solar Circle. The goal number of the action, as well as
the precise effects, are specified in the text of each spell if
it can be distorted, often diminishing the spell’s advantages
or inflicting a drawback on its caster. Other spells, such as
those that last only for an instant or that summon a being
that exists independently of the spell, cannot be distorted.
Distortion has a terminus of five rolls—if a sorcerer fails
to achieve her goal, she cannot attempt to distort the spell
again. As with countermagic, the sorcerer needs to be within
short range of the spell’s target or effect, and must be
initiated into that spell’s circle. Attempting to distort a
spell that the sorcerer does not know imposes a -2
penalty on all distortion rolls. Distortion is a combat
action that cannot be placed in a flurry.

Undoing a Spell
Sometimes, a sorcerer may want to completely revoke the
effects of a long-term spell—for example, lifting the curse
of Corrupted Words that prevents one of the sorceress
Mnemon’s minions from revealing the details of a secret
alliance. Such feats require a sorcerous working (p. 483)
of Ambition 3 and the same circle as the spell to be undone.
The Storyteller may adjust these guidelines to better suit
the circumstances or narrative, making it harder or even
impossible to dispel an effect if doing so would utterly
undermine the functionality of that spell, or making it
easier to undo effects that he feels the players should be
able to remove more easily.

Distortion of Corrupted Words (Goal Number: 15): Distorting this curse makes
it possible for the victim to speak around the forbidden
subject matter for five minutes. He must speak using
circumlocutions, flowery metaphors, or cryptic symbolism
to communicate the broad gist of the topic, and cannot go
into any level of detail beyond the most superficial. This
does not avert the inevitable tide of maggots, but gives the
victim enough time to speak before he must disgorge them.

Well, an ambition 3 sorcerous working may not be feasible at the moment. That would take more time than we got, I'd imagine.

May I start a Distortion, then? And would it gain the shape sorcery success from heirophants eye?

Yes, you can attempt it. And yes, I will allow it to gain successes from the hearthstone.

Hm... if every night is an all out brawl with no real rest for these people, wouldn't we see signs of conflict? Claw marks, broken doors or windows, splinters, or anything like that?

I suppose it could be possible for the manse to try and mend itself and surroundings but that will mean fixing it is going to be even more difficult for Hazel.

Hm... if every night is an all out brawl with no real rest for these people, wouldn't we see signs of conflict? Claw marks, broken doors or windows, splinters, or anything like that?

I suppose it could be possible for the manse to try and mend itself and surroundings but that will mean fixing it is going to be even more difficult for Hazel.
Mists of Eventide, yo. Get a good number of them asleep before they change. AnD also when they change they will have to charge through it.

Destruction of the parches would need to be the first part before we can fix the manse. As it seems that is what lead to the issue as suspected.

Mists of Eventide, yo. Get a good number of them asleep before they change. AnD also when they change they will have to charge through it.

Destruction of the parches would need to be the first part before we can fix the manse. As it seems that is what lead to the issue as suspected.
That presumes the effect doesn't make them immune to sleep, otherwise they would be drugging themselves unconscious to avoid the change.

Sherwood Sherwood , this sounds like demolition via a feat of strength, do we have target numbers for ripping the patchwork repairs apart?
You can tell that the soulsteel filaments are leading off to somewhere. If you follow them, you might be able to find the hearthroom and see what damage was done there.

On
That presumes the effect doesn't make them immune to sleep, otherwise they would be drugging themselves unconscious to avoid the change.
Only one way to find out. Sadly it doesn't seem we have a lot of time to try a bunch of different option. The trouble will come with the healing aura. If it affects poison or not. However, eventide does not do damage. But still may count as poison.

On
Only one way to find out. Sadly it doesn't seem we have a lot of time to try a bunch of different option. The trouble will come with the healing aura. If it affects poison or not. However, eventide does not do damage. But still may count as poison.
It might help, but its effect may also hinder us. I don't expect the curse will directly influence us but we are still forced to work around its area of influence.

Hence why I told them to go outside. If we hole up inside, they cant break in. Given it's a manse. Tough stuff. And by casting it outside, any others that come at us will have to go through it. And I can send an infallible messenger to the others to avoid the mist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back