• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"The 'change'. 'Have us hurt'?" Eska thought to herself, seeming to put two and two together, or at least recognizing they were there. Something was very clearly up and it seemed said thing was about to go(come) down.
"And what exactly is that supposed to mean?" Eska asked with a somewhat slow and defensive draw. As she did she turned her torso that had been leaned over the counter towards the bartender and the waitress, both hands coiled into a fist and one in her hip.

Last edited:
At the tavern....

As you are watching the two in the tavern, asking them questions, the waitress suddenly grabs her abdomen as if in pain. "it - its happening now. It hurts so much. It always hurts. . . ." She lets out a moan of pain, that slowly morphs into a angry snarl as her body begins to convulse as you watch. Soon after, the bartender begins to undergo his own convulsions, groaning in pain.

Spikes begin to rip out of their bodies as their muscles begin to bulge and ripple, doubling in size, and their skin is now covered in some thick dark plating.

1395688673348.jpg

With all trace of humanity gone, the two monsters rise up and they slowly look up at the group and let out a low snarl of pure hate.

Join Battle Rolls, please!

In the town hall....

The one man you are questioning is starting to shudder, holding his abdomen as if he is in pain. He lets out a sudden scream, then begins to shift and writhe as spikes begin to rip their way out of his body as his whole frame begins to stretch and grow to a new height. Outside, you can hear the sounds of screams of pain as others begin to undergo the same kind of transformation as this fellow is experiencing now.

The one man/monster in front of you rises up and lets up and lets out a low, sinister sounding chuckle as it bares its claws and begins to stalk its way towards you.

You can either Join Battle or make a run for the rear of the building, trying to find the hearthroom.

"Hazel! Go find the hearthroom, I'll hold him off."

Two Mornings unslings her spear from her back, and readies it in the battle stance of the White Reaper.

(Rolling Join Battle. Spending 5 motes on wits excellency)

Edit: 9+3 = 12i

As the maid and bartender suddenly started to transform, Selket would stand up and assume a combat stance, though she didn't equip her Ichneumon Blades, not wanting to kill the two if she could help it.

[2 successes on Join Battle Roll]

Not wanting to kill the two, but seeing the need to defend themselves, Gwen pulls a dagger from her belt and gets ready for a fight. "Stop! We don't want to hurt you! Are you still in there? Can you understand us at all?"
7i to start out.

Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ]
- 2 [ ][ ]
- 4 [ ]
I

Willpower: 7

Essence: 2
Personal: 17
Peripheral: 42 (31)
Committed: 11

Join Battle: 7 + 3 successes

Parry: 5
Evasion: 6 +1 From Fleet Gazelle Exercise
Resolve: 3
Guile: 4

Natural Soak: 3 (+1 from Hybrid Body Transformation) (+2 from Hearthstone)
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 8 (+1 from Hybrid Body Transformation) (+2 from Hearthstone)

Weapon Damage
Moonlit Huntress (Moonsilver Powerbow)
Attunement: 5m; Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4)
Accuracy: Close −1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1

"Hazel! Go find the hearthroom, I'll hold him off."

Two Mornings unslings her spear from her back, and readies it in the battle stance of the White Reaper.

(Rolling Join Battle. Spending 5 motes on wits excellency)

Edit: 9+3 = 12i
At the Manse:

With Toun and Hazel making a run for the hearthroom, Two Mornings is now alone standing alone against the monster-man. Its face is locked on you as the closest threat to it, and it is showing no fear of as it stalks towards you. Two Mornings has initiative on it; what do you do?

Aranfan Aranfan is up first

12 - Two Mornings <====
7 - Monsterman

Elsewhere in the manse:
D. Rex D. Rex and Rykon Rykon

With the fight about to break out behind you, the two Exalts are now making a run to find the hearthroom of the manse to try and find out what is causing this disaster to occur.

At the back of the hall, there are stairs leading up, and another flight of stairs leading down. From upstairs, you can hear the sounds of other of these monstermen snarling and growling, starting to fight one another. But from what you can see, the soulsteel filaments that you are following are heading downstairs, not up.

At the Manse:

With Toun and Hazel making a run for the hearthroom, Two Mornings is now alone standing alone against the monster-man. Its face is locked on you as the closest threat to it, and it is showing no fear of as it stalks towards you. Two Mornings has initiative on it; what do you do?

Two Mornings lets loose a series of probing strikes, testing the beast's responsiveness and speed.

(Dex+MA+Spec+Acc= 13 dice, not spending any motes on charms.)

Edit 5 sux

The monsterman is lightning fast, and is able to knock your spear aside before it hits it. In response, it lashes out with its own claws at you, hoping to gouge you with a nasty strike.

Total of 6 successes to hit. What is your DV?
Aranfan Aranfan

12 - Two Mornings
7 - Monsterman

Toun focuses on chasing down the filaments. His guard is up, but he is largely unconcerned with other entities at present unless they are actively attacking him or Hazel.

Toun focuses on chasing down the filaments. His guard is up, but he is largely unconcerned with other entities at present unless they are actively attacking him or Hazel.
Heading downstairs with Hazel in tow, you can sense the very distinct feel that the very fabric of Creation around you is changing, shifting into a shadowland. You have not entered the Underworld yet, but if you are not careful, you just might.

There are more soulsteel filaments coming into view around here, converging into a point just in front of you, beyond a pair of heavy double doors.

A close one, but you parry those nasty claws.

You are up again.

12 - Two Mornings <====
7 - Monsterman

Having taken the beasts measure, she makes more serious attempts at striking. The vagaries of combat mean that they skitter off the beasts armor, but even that helps her take a fuller measure of her foe.

(Withering attack, using Finding the Needle's Eye to reroll up to 3 1s on the attack roll, and ignore 1 point of defense if its from cover, full defense action, or weapons. 13 dice again)

Edit: 10 sux

In the tavern:

The waitress and bartender, now two horrible monsters, don't seem to be in the mood to talk. Instead, the one that was the bartender leaps at Gwen. It performs a withering attack with its claws, trying to rake you. It scores 6 successes. What is your DV?

8 - monster 1
7 - Gwen
6 - monster 2
5 - Selket

Toun leaps from the stairs, shifting into his war form while airborne. Rolling forward, he presents his shoulder as the point of impact to bash through the door with his momentum and expose the hearthstone chamber beyond.

Having taken the beasts measure, she makes more serious attempts at striking. The vagaries of combat mean that they skitter off the beasts armor, but even that helps her take a fuller measure of her foe.

(Withering attack, using Finding the Needle's Eye to reroll up to 3 1s on the attack roll, and ignore 1 point of defense if its from cover, full defense action, or weapons. 13 dice again)

Edit: 10 sux
This time, your weapon manages to hit with 4 successes. Its soak is 12L. Go ahead and roll your damage.

This time, your weapon manages to hit with 4 successes. Its soak is 12L. Go ahead and roll your damage.

5 (str) + 9 (weapon damage) +4 = 18. I will add 2 dice with the strength excellency

20 - 12 = 8 post soak dice of damage

Edit: 1 sux, I gain +2i and monster man loses 1i

In the tavern:

The waitress and bartender, now two horrible monsters, don't seem to be in the mood to talk. Instead, the one that was the bartender leaps at Gwen. It performs a withering attack with its claws, trying to rake you. It scores 6 successes. What is your DV?

8 - monster 1
7 - Gwen
6 - monster 2
5 - Selket
Seeing those nasty talons coming her way, Gwen decides that not getting hit is a damn good idea. So, she spends a few motes of her Essence to enhance her Evasion to be able to better weave and dodge out of the way.

Gwen's DV is 7.
Will spend 4m 1wp on Fleet Gazelle Exercise to increase my Evasion DV by 1.

Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ]
- 2 [ ][ ]
- 4 [ ]
I

Willpower: 7 / 6

Peripheral: 42 (31) / 28

Weapon Damage

The monster lets out a snarl as you knock it back, but it doesn't loiter long. Instead, it tries again, lashing out with a second attack. This one probably misses with only 5 successes, though.

Aranfan Aranfan

14 - Two Mornings <====
6 - Monsterman

Seeing those nasty talons coming her way, Gwen decides that not getting hit is a damn good idea. So, she spends a few motes of her Essence to enhance her Evasion to be able to better weave and dodge out of the way.

Gwen's DV is 7.
Will spend 4m 1wp on Fleet Gazelle Exercise to increase my Evasion DV by 1.

Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ]
- 2 [ ][ ]
- 4 [ ]
I

Willpower: 7 / 6

Peripheral: 42 (31) / 28

Weapon Damage
Gwen is lucky enough that the claws do not connect. It is now her turn. What do you do?

8 - monster 1
7 - Gwen <====
6 - monster 2
5 - Selket

Toun leaps from the stairs, shifting into his war form while airborne. Rolling forward, he presents his shoulder as the point of impact to bash through the door with his momentum and expose the hearthstone chamber beyond.
With a crash, Toun shatters the doors in front of him, revealing a large circular room about 40 feet across. The only feature of the room is a pillar in the very middle that rises up 3 feet with a large glowing crystal the size of a basketball. The soulsteel wires circle the room and converge on the pillar, going up to the crystal and enveloping it. Standing next to the crystal with his hands on it is a rather plain looking man that gives a sudden start when you come charging in.

With a glare at the two of you, he says, "You startled me! What's the big idea, bursting in here like that?"

The monster lets out a snarl as you knock it back, but it doesn't loiter long. Instead, it tries again, lashing out with a second attack. This one probably misses with only 5 successes, though.

Aranfan Aranfan

14 - Two Mornings <====
6 - Monsterman

Two mornings unleashes another flury of strikes, forcing the beast back to avoid them.

(Striking Mospid Method to reroll up to 2 failed dice on the attack roll. I will assume a stunt, if no stunt is rewarded, disregard the last two dice rolled.)

Edit: 2 sux

Users who are viewing this thread

Back