• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Eska didn't take her eyes off the end of the bar, seemingly deep in rumination. But, she raised her drink some and gave a nod in agreement with Toun.
She didn't think it was their problem either. Though, that was her default conclusion.

Gwen looks at the others, then around the room in concern. "Well, we are more than capable of flying out of here if things get crazy. But, I am very curious to find out just what is going on around here, especially when Hazel says we are dealing with such a powerful manse, with our own sorceress out and about looking for the center of this manse. We should at least wait for Two Mornings and Hazel before deciding on leaving here. Besides, it is getting late, and whatever it is that is supposed to happen at night is getting close. We may wish to be on our guard."

"Yeah, it's about that time. I'll go ahead and get them inside before things get weird." Toun said with a sigh. He stood up and left the inn, scanning the area to see if he could spot Two Mornings or Hazel.

"Hazel! We don't have much time left today, let's pack it up before we miss the mandatory curfew here." Toun called from the town square.

With her hand in the handle, Hazel turned to Toun. "No." She replied bluntly.

"I'll be fine. Two Mornings is with me and I'll be spending the night in here anyway. Think Toun, this could well very could be a manse from the first age. It could help our cause in ways we may not know right now."

She looked up at it. "Such things are not trinkets to be looked over. And I must take advantage of what time I have before we leave in the morning. Furthermore, its ill repairs have lefts its flows askew. And it may be affecting its aura."

"I need to learn more. I may be able to help ease the wronged flows. Which could then put the town back on kilter should it be the source of the oddity. And perhaps, even, we may lay claim on it."

"No more dawdling. You go enjoy your inn, or come. If there is danger here, you shall here Nocturn from across town, no doubt."

Now she opened the door to go inside.

Last edited:
Toun was sorely tempted to snatch Hazel by the nape of her neck like a naughty kitten raiding a pantry. "I wasn't asking, Hazel... I'm not letting you do this without more supervision, so I guess I'm coming along for the time being... Geez, you know this is going to piss off all of the natives right?"

When Hazel opens up the door, you can see that this does indeed appear to be a public building with several people in here. One of the people here looks up at the three of you standing there in the doorway as you look around and he asks, "Yes? Can I help you?"

D. Rex D. Rex Rykon Rykon Aranfan Aranfan please give me Perception + Awareness rolls

"Well neither was I." She nodded with a smile.

Hazel nodded, "Yes, actually. I am here to investigate this manse. I hope to see it helped how I can. Your cooperation would go far in seeing that come to fruition." She stated matter of factly.

2 successes.

Toun's ears twitch, on edge of what may be about to happen when the three of them are inevitably caught in the thick of things. His eyes scan each of the faces of the people of the Townhall, attempting to discern the nature of what was being discussed. Not just by their current posture or facial expression, but any perceived change in their expression or stance.

Knowing that this is the manse that has Hazel so worked up, Two Mornings' slitted eyes dilate. Even should one see through her tell, they would not at this moment be able to tell any difference from a normal human.

(Spending two motes for the excellency. Also 4 peripheral motes for Percieving the Hidden World.)

Edit: 6 sux

Last edited:
Looking into the room, you can see that there are filaments of Soulsteel that have been wound around the manse, probably back during the time when the damage was done and the building was being repaired. They are all leading towards the back of the main hall of the building and out of sight.

The people in here look at Hazel, and one looks like he is about to say something, but before he can get the words out, he starts to choke and gag, as if he is about to get sick. Two of the others in the room go to his side in concern, but soon enough, the coughing and choking seem to pass and the man looks better. Finally, one of the others that went to the first man's side look to the three of you and says, "We don't discuss that here. It is . . . an uncomfortable subject to bring up. It is getting late, and the Change is about to happen. You should either get to a room and lock yourselves in, or leave town. Otherwise, you will be cursed like the <cough cough>" At this point, he begins to choke and gag.

At the tavern, many of the people in there are starting to clear out as the sun is setting lower in the sky. The innkeeper looks over at the group at the table and says, "You had best get to your rooms. It is almost time. I would hate to see you nice people get hurt, and get stuck in this town like the rest of us." He looks almost haggard, as if a disaster is about to strike and he cannot stop it.

Looking into the room, you can see that there are filaments of Soulsteel that have been wound around the manse, probably back during the time when the damage was done and the building was being repaired. They are all leading towards the back of the main hall of the building and out of sight.

The people in here look at Hazel, and one looks like he is about to say something, but before he can get the words out, he starts to choke and gag, as if he is about to get sick. Two of the others in the room go to his side in concern, but soon enough, the coughing and choking seem to pass and the man looks better. Finally, one of the others that went to the first man's side look to the three of you and says, "We don't discuss that here. It is . . . an uncomfortable subject to bring up. It is getting late, and the Change is about to happen. You should either get to a room and lock yourselves in, or leave town. Otherwise, you will be cursed like the <cough cough>" At this point, he begins to choke and gag.

"The rest of you." Two Mornings says flatly.

"Hazel, I think those are what we're looking for," she says, pointing at the soulsteel filaments, "we should follow them before this 'Change' happens and I need to bust out the asskicking."

Last edited:
Hazel narrowed her eyes at the gagging man. "I know this curse. The one that keeps your silence. But perhaps that is something I can ease as well."

Hazel pushed up her sleeves. "Come. Let me see what I can do to that which is stuck in your throat."

She looked over at Two Mornings. "And we shall. But first we can see if they have anything to say before we do. Tis a spell of Corrupted Words."

( Sherwood Sherwood how would I go about distorting or removing spells?)

Without even waiting for permission, she began to shape the motes of sorcery in the air. Bending them and binding them to the curse she knew was there. She planned to twist its restrictions, to give it leniency.

Distortion
7 successes

Hazel is right up her alley with performing sorcerous workings, and you can feel a certain charge come over you as you begin to pull at the threads of the curse binding the man from the spell. It seems to be fighting you, struggling to keep its hold on the poor man, but you know that with your skill, you will succeed in Distorting the spell.

As you work, the others in the room stare at you in shock. One lets out a startled hiss of, "Anathema! The Master will not be pleased!" With that, the ones that you are not working your magic on scatter into the building, making no attempt to stop you or free their fellow from your grip.

Go ahead and make your second roll. You need a total of 15 successes to completely Distort the Corrupted Words spell.

"Such a Master to fill ones throat with putrid grubs through curse. Only short of cutting out ones tongue." She responded. "At least then you wouldnt taste it."

As tiny glowing motes formed around her fingers. She spread them over the mans mouth to send them in one by one. But more was was needed.

Distortion
8 successes.

"Well. I guess the jig is up. Why they don't think your just a sorcerer I don't know."

Two Mornings grumbles to herself as she readies herself for the inevitable fight to come.

A feeling of something giving way can be felt by Hazel, and she knows that for a few minutes at least, the man should be able to communicate somewhat freely about what is going on here without the choking, gagging problem of the spell coming up (literally). He looks about the room, visibly afraid, as if he is expecting someone or something to jump out at any moment to punish him, even before he has had a chance to say anything.

"Please, run away. It's the only way to save yourselves from the curse! If you die here, you'll be trapped in this town like the rest of us, for all time!"

Hazel looked at the man, listening to his words. "I am one of Sorcery. Blessed by the moon. Curses do not frighten me. For I will see then vanquished."

"Speak of this curse and speak of this Master. Speak of what I need to know so that I may bring things to the way they are meant to be."

At the tavern....

Most of the people have already left, leaving you alone in the tavern with just the bartender and the one remaining serving girl. The daylight is almost completely gone now, leaving the only source of light coming from the fireplace and the half dozen lamps around the room. At this point, the serving girl sits down at one of the tables, and the bartender comes out from behind the bar with a drink in his hand. He sets it down in front of the girl and says, "Here, take this. It will help take the edge off the Change." He looks at the rest of you and says, "If you don't get to your rooms soon, you will be out of time, and I would hate to have you hurt."

At the manse....

The man puts his face in his hands and sobs. "Master Dendarian came here many hundreds of years ago, to repair the damage done to the hall after a storm. It was then that the nightmare began. Every night, the healing energy gets twisted, and it changes us into monsters. We attack anything that moves, including one another. But no matter how badly we harm one another during the night, we wake up in our beds in the morning without a mark on us. Visitors to the city have had the same thing happen to them. At night, they are attacked and killed, then in the morning, they wake up as if nothing had happened, except that they can never leave the city ever again. Every time we try, we find ourselves back here every morning, just as if we had never left."

"You have got to get away. I can already feel the change about to happen to me, and when it does, I won't be able to stop myself from attacking you."

Selket grimaced at what she heard. Whatever happened at night sounded like it was about to happen soon, and three of their group were still nowhere to be found.

"What do you say? Should we lock ourselves up like the locals advised us? Or try and help our friends?" she asked the others.

Hazel nodded. "Then crowd outside quickly. I shall see about getting you a good night's sleep. But be quick! By the time you wake, the curse may be over for good."

"Toun! Two Mornings! I need your strength. These repairs on this manse must be removed post haste! Destroy them if you can. Far more sinister were the effect of these patches than I thought. Perhaps even in purpose. The night may find peace yet if we hurry."

Rykon Rykon Aranfan Aranfan

Toun shifts to his spirit shape of a white fox, not wasting any time wriggling through tight spaces to follow the filaments to their source.

"Toun! Two Mornings! I need your strength. These repairs on this manse must be removed post haste! Destroy them if you can. Far more sinister were the effect of these patches than I thought. Perhaps even in purpose. The night may find peace yet if we hurry."

@Rykon @Aranfan

"Let's follow those filaments then. We don't have time to lose." Two Mornings grabs Hazel's hand and starts following the filaments.

"What? Wait! Acggk!" She exclaimed as she was drug forcefully away. "Lock these doors! And run far away as possible to give us time! Let everyone know to give us time!" She shouted at the townspeople while she could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back