• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hazels eyes went wide, "SHHHHH! Dont even speak the name in the presence of the sphere!"

"Do you not know what it is we are dealing with?!" She exclaimed. "That Which calls to the Shadow is no mere demon, Eska. She is one of the Third Circle. An apex predator of Malfeas itself! No one being in creation can hope to hold their own own against one, not even a Solar at the height of their splendor. Let alone a cowardly sneakthief."

Hazel flourished her cloak and raise her hands, dramatizing her performance to imprint what she had to say upon the imagination, "But not even cowardice would save those who attempt to flee. You would see HER, not as a monster... but as a woman. Lithe and beautiful with robes as silver as the moon, hair that glows like a sunlit cloud, and skin and eyes as black as the heart of whom she serves, the Ebon Dragon. Innocent she looks! BUT BE NOT FOOLED!" She hissed loudly, "For her looks are the soft edge of a sharp shadow. With her she carries a silver horn, when her lips touch it, she will play a song OF HORRORS!"

"When she sets foot onto creation, she brings with her shade that not even demons can find comfort in. Its sound, that of the horn, is not natural. It speaks to the very nature of shadows. Even that of the shadows in your heart. EVEN SHOULD your heart be bright and pure, its melody will plant its black seed in your soul, from it darkness will grow where even none was before! Those inner shadows will ripple at her call, and you will be MADE to LOVE it! The melody will force you to your knees and you will worship the darkness. You will praise it, BEG for it, PLEAD for MORE! You will be forever changed and ENSLAVED by it!"

Hazel got close to Eska, grabbing her by her lapels and staring into her eyes with a wide-eyed stare. "BUT THAT IS ONLY THE BEGINNING! The darkness is made alive in you! RIP ITSELF, it will, FROM YOUR VERY BODY! Rending flesh and bone as it breaks free, twisting you into a horrid amalgamation of meat and shadow. Beyond saving, beyond all light! Nothing will matter more to you than the darkness of which you now serve, FEAST YOU WILL upon those dared not to listen to YOUR NEW MASTER'S call! Friends loved ones, children and babes! None are safe from you as you bring more to build upon the shadow of the dark dragon! The darkness of where you lurk then is beyond even where demons would never dare to tread. The very shadow cast by the Ebon Dragon himself! And if her call should be heard by him, HE WILL RISE and and his black aura SWALLOW ALL! All light Eska! None will be left! Not in creation, not in the far splinters of the Wyld or any other realm, and mayhaps not even the Gods!"

Hazel released Eska, turning around and throwing her hands in the air. Only to turn around suddenly and hold up an single finger of an outstretched arm, "AND THAT IS BUT ONE OF THE THIRD CIRCLE! As it seems yet another has SURFACED! If it is as whom we suspect, then woe be it on us should both awaken... as there might not even be a creation left for the Ebon Dragon to swallow."

Or, at least... that is what she heard...

"We must not let these prisons fall into anyone's hands but our own. And the other must be recovered before it is awakened. For it WILL affect you, regardless of how much you wish otherwise. FORCES OF the Fae are already on the move, and my visions tell the forces of Malfeas will be soon. We must take all steps now to prevent this calamity. And be they the traitorous dragon blooded or any who wish to lend aid, we must take it."

"Raksi is a LUNATIC, but it is she who is our best lead. Her knowledge and wisdom spans centuries, and it is even by her workings that save us from the madness of chimerism. If any know how we might stop this, it will be her."

"But you, Eska, you complain to be here, but scoff at leaving. You are a shadowy one, whose brightness waxes and wanes like the very mark the graces your brow. You will indeed come despite your protests, but not by force, but because it is in your nature. To skirt the penumbra and touch all that should not be touched. And that by staying here your fingers will feel nothing; your beak will spear no fish worth swallowing in this valley. Even we know that you crave for more, and that your protestations are not but a veil that even you dont fully understand."

FTR FTR

Last edited:
After a moment she seems to come to. "Ah. We met in Nexus on Silver Pact business. I helped him get a relic for Raksi, and he helped me get copies of some guild factor's dealings with House Ledaal for Ten Rings Binding. Before One Tusk took us under his wing, I was making a name for myself as a troubleshooter for various pact elders, accruing favors." She smiles at her hands as she plays with them nervously. "He's kind and funny. Wants everyone to be the best themselves they can be, and help them get there. He's handsome." The last line is mumbled quietly.
Gwen gives Two Mornings a sly smile. "It sounds like you like him! Are you two an item? Does he feel the same about you? Do you need a wingman to help set the two of you up? I am there for you if you want!"

Eska had long since clocked out and gone to loot bodies and wreckage. The talk of the circle thoroughly bored her. She wasn't interested in the plights of the world or to act as its police force. As far as she was concerned the sphere was the dynast's problem and should stay that way. Their staff, their sphere, their demon, their war.
Unfortunately for her, the rest of her circle didn't share her sentiment.
She'd returned just in time to overhear talk of visiting Raksi for assistance and was not enthused.
"Hold the godforsaken messenger." Eska interjected. "We're doing what now?"
Her voice came from behind Hazel, shortly before she manifested from her shadow.
"When did this become our problem?" she asked, a slight aggravation in her voice. "What are we the creation police? I say we let these muppets figure this out for themselves. And clean up the mess they made while they're at it. What's Erembour gonna do? Play us a song? Ebon Dragon's shadow isn't here."
She started up to One Tusk, intending to take her protests straight to him.
"If you think I'm travelling 3500 miles to visit the likes of Raksi, you've got another thing coming."
Hazels eyes went wide, "SHHHHH! Dont even speak the name in the presence of the sphere!"

"Do you not know what it is we are dealing with?!" She exclaimed. "That Which calls to the Shadow is no mere demon, Eska. She is one of the Third Circle. An apex predator of Malfeas itself! No one being in creation can hope to hold their own own against one, not even a Solar at the height of their splendor. Let alone a cowardly sneakthief."

Hazel flourished her cloak and raise her hands, dramatizing her performance to imprint what she had to say upon the imagination, "But not even cowardice would save those who attempt to flee. You would see HER, not as a monster... but as a woman. Lithe and beautiful with robes as silver as the moon, hair that glows like a sunlit cloud, and skin and eyes as black as the heart of whom she serves, the Ebon Dragon. Innocent she looks! BUT BE NOT FOOLED!" She hissed loudly, "For her looks are the soft edge of a sharp shadow. With her she carries a silver horn, when her lips touch it, she will play a song OF HORRORS!"

"When she sets foot onto creation, she brings with her shade that not even demons can find comfort in. Its sound, that of the horn, is not natural. It speaks to the very nature of shadows. Even that of the shadows in your heart. EVEN SHOULD your heart be bright and pure, its melody will plant its black seed in your soul, from it darkness will grow where even none was before! Those inner shadows will ripple at her call, and you will be MADE to LOVE it! The melody will force you to your knees and you will worship the darkness. You will praise it, BEG for it, PLEAD for MORE! You will be forever changed and ENSLAVED by it!"

Hazel got close to Eska, grabbing her by her lapels and staring into her eyes with a wide-eyed stare. "BUT THAT IS ONLY THE BEGINNING! The darkness is made alive in you! RIP ITSELF, it will, FROM YOUR VERY BODY! Rending flesh and bone as it breaks free, twisting you into a horrid amalgamation of meat and shadow. Beyond saving, beyond all light! Nothing will matter more to you than the darkness of which you now serve, FEAST YOU WILL upon those dared not to listen to YOUR NEW MASTER'S call! Friends loved ones, children and babes! None are safe from you as you bring more to build upon the shadow of the dark dragon! The darkness of where you lurk then is beyond even where demons would never dare to tread. The very shadow cast by the Ebon Dragon himself! And if her call should be heard by him, HE WILL RISE and and his black aura SWALLOW ALL! All light Eska! None will be left! Not in creation, not in the far splinters of the Wyld or any other realm, and mayhaps not even the Gods!"

Hazel released Eska, turning around and throwing her hands in the air. Only to turn around suddenly and hold up an single finger of an outstretched arm, "AND THAT IS BUT ONE OF THE THIRD CIRCLE! As it seems yet another has SURFACED! If it is as whom we suspect, then woe be it on us should both awaken... as there might not even be a creation left for the Ebon Dragon to swallow."

Or, at least... that is what she heard...

"We must not let these prisons fall into anyone's hands but our own. And the other must be recovered before it is awakened. For it WILL affect you, regardless of how much you wish otherwise. FORCES OF the Fae are already on the move, and my visions tell the forces of Malfeas will be soon. We must take all steps now to prevent this calamity. And be they the traitorous dragon blooded or any who wish to lend aid, we must take it."

"Raksi is a LUNATIC, but it is she who is our best lead. Her knowledge and wisdom spans centuries, and it is even by her workings that save us from the madness of chimerism. If any know how we might stop this, it will be her."

"But you, Eska, you complain to be here, but scoff at leaving. You are a shadowy one, whose brightness waxes and wanes like the very mark the graces your brow. You will indeed come despite your protests, but not by force, but because it is in your nature. To skirt the penumbra and touch all that should not be touched. And that by staying here your fingers will feel nothing; your beak will spear no fish worth swallowing in this valley. Even we know that you crave for more, and that your protestations are not but a veil that even you dont fully understand."

FTR FTR
One Tusk listens to the two women for a long moment before he says anything. "Eska, you are a Chosen of Luna for a reason, and yes, you are a guardian of Creation, like it or not. As such, it is imperative upon all of us to do our part to step forward. Do you think that if you play the part of a sand swimmer and hide your head in the dirt you will be able to avoid this fight? War is coming to all of Creation! If these demons get loose, do you have any idea how many lives will be lost if they cannot be banished now, while they are still bound? The only thing that could possibly be worse is if these Third Circle Demons were to manage to break free from their bindings and find a way to open the gates of Malfias and bring their Primordial Masters through into Creation once more!"

He takes a deep breath, trying to compose himself. "This is not just our fight. This is not just the Realm's fight. This is all of our fight. And if we can't find a way to stop the Fae and these demons together, we will all burn."

Gwen gives Two Mornings a sly smile. "It sounds like you like him! Are you two an item? Does he feel the same about you? Do you need a wingman to help set the two of you up? I am there for you if you want!"

"We started courting in nexus. We're taking it slow, but we're an item." The redhead seems quite happy about this.

Hazel had made several good points, a few of them requiring entirely too much energy to even start and try countering. This left Eska with really only one response she was comfortable with.
"Don't ever touch me." she said venomously, though her eyes obviously ceding to her. "Or I'll show you exactly how many ways there are to skin a cat."
Eska sidestepped the sorcerer and repositioned herself off to the side, leaning on one of her legs.
She stood facing off from One Tusk as he spoke not looking directly at him and rolling her eyes just as he finished. Truth was she hardly ever thought far enough to worry about impending doom or consequences beyond the almost immediate.
"Ugh, fine! Fine, just spare me the lecture." she said wishing her master would be more direct or black and white about things instead of explanatory. A simple "do it or else" would have likely sufficed. Eska was mostly understanding One Tusk's point though, even if she still wasn't very fond of the idea.
"If any of you think you're gonna ride me you better think twice." She hissed.

One Tusk looks at Eska with a half-glare, then says, "Well, now that we have the hissy fit out of the way, you had best begin your travels. It will take you the better part of a week to get to Raksi's layer. Best be on your way, however you wish to travel. Good luck to all of you, and remember, be on your best behavior. We do not need to alienate Raksi, especially now that we will be needing her and her allies."

He begins to walk away, then glances over his shoulder at you. "What are you still doing here? Waiting for Calibration to come? Be on your way!" He gives a half wink, then continues to go to stand guard over the sphere containing Erembour.

Once Toun takes on his massive eagle form, it is easy enough for everyone to pile on his back and settle in for the long flight out. It is a tight fit, unless some of you choose to also take on smaller forms to make more room on his back. Even so, it is a long flight, and tiring for all of you. Landing for the night, you set up a quick camp and get some rest, and rise up early to get started once more in the morning.

This has been going on for four days now, and it is late afternoon and Toun is starting to think about setting down for another nights rest when your keen eyes spot a small walled town up ahead, and the thought comes to you that it might be nice to get a hot meal, a mug of brew, and a bed to sleep in instead of your bedroll this night. You are still far enough away that you are sure that you have not been spotted by any of the townspeople yet, so you can set down nearby and walk in the rest of the way.

Gwen looks out at the town in the distance, and she points it out. "We're coming up on a walled town. I, for one, would love to get a hot soak in a bath if they have one. Can we please stop there for the night?"

Sitting next to Gwen, Selket would give a little grin at her friend's request. "Don't tell me you're missing the comforts of civilization already, little bird." she teased while making air quotes on the word "civilization", being used to missing out on such things herself owing to her barbarian background.

"That said, I don't suppose it'll do much harm." she said, secretly wanting a chance to refresh herself with a nice bath, assuming that was an option.

"Have you two forgotten we are in a hurry? We can't allow for distractions if it costs us more time." Harumphed the little black cat in a raspy animal voice, the form that Hazel now took."Besides, there are plenty of rivers between now and there." Saying this in between licking her paws to clean her face in traditional catbath fashion, and having no intention of diving into a river.

Toun circled about to his left and gently descended to look out for his passengers. Unfortunately, he hadn't been able to engage in banter due to the limits of his form. Upon landing outside of eye sight he eventually resumed human form.

"I'm all for hot food and a good soak." Toun finally replied, rolling his shoulders in a long series of pops. He didn't want to insult his friends, but his back was stiff and growing a bit sore for the end of the fourth day. "Any idea what this place is?"

A look at your map, you don't see any indication of a town or city at your approximate location. But as large as Creation is, and as old as your map is, it is possible that this place grew up after the map was made, and it is now out of date. The only way to learn more about it is to go and talk to the people at the town. Hopefully they have a decent inn for you to get those baths that everyone is looking for.

"Don't ask me; I've never been to this part of Creation before." replied Selket with a shrug.

Gwen looks at Hazel with her best sad eyes. "Hazel, we are already stopping for the night, what harm will it do to let us get a good nights sleep in a real bed?"

Giving Gwen another amused grin, Selket would look at Toun. "If you want to rest in this town for the night, I think that's only fair given that you've literally been carrying the rest of us around for the last few days." she said, before turning her attention to the town.

"We should be safe there; it's not like the Wyld Hunt are actively looking for us at the moment, and as far as I know, no-one has a clue where we are..."

When you approach the town wall, what forms are you in? Are any of you shifted out of your human one, and if so, what are you currently?

Selket is currently in her human form, wearing her Buff Jacket and with her Ichneumon Blades on her belt.

As the group headed towards the town, Selket would look for any banners, standards, or anything else that might indicate the town's faction. If it turned out the place belonged to the Realm or Lookshy, they'd all have to be a bit more careful...

Toun gave a rather unsympathetic look to Hazel, "As the driver, the stop is here. You and anyone else can camp out here if you want. The rest of us are tired and hungry, and let me tell you... I don't care how many of you fight me. Not one of you is going to stop me from eating every damned chicken in that village. Now that this matter is settled. I'm heading that way, you're all more than welcome to join me."

Following his little rant, Selket would accompany Toun towards the town, while looking to see who else was coming to join them.

Her gi turned into comfortable travel clothes, the martial artist gives Hazel's kitty form some scritches, "Don't worry, it won't take too much time."

Toun activates his Chameleon Stone to adjust his natural form more to the coloration of the indigenous population. Instead of his white hair and pale skin, he had what looked like the dusty brown hair of his spring coat and the look of a little sun on his skin.

It takes a short amount of time for the Circle to approach the town wall from where Toun has landed, and as you do, you can see that there is an open gate in the wall on the side as you walk up. The faint smell of wood smoke from cooking fires fill the air as you get closer, along with the normal sounds of people talking and kids laughing and playing in the afternoon sun.

Walking up to the gate, there are a pair of guards standing there, looking bored. They are surprised to see you, and one makes a quick check of the position of the sun as he walks up to talk to you. "Uh, welcome to Jaffa. It is getting late in the afternoon. You will either need to get rooms for the night or be outside the walls before dark. That is the law of the city, and it is for your own safety." He looks at you, and you get the feeling that he is wanting to tell you something more but is holding back. "Please, do not break this law. As I said, it is for your own safety."

As you pass by the gate, you feel a sudden rush of well-being, as if all the fatigue of the past day's travel has suddenly been washed away, giving you a bounce in your step.

Everyone, make a Occult + Intelligence roll, please.

Gwen looks at the walls of the city with curiosity, wondering what they have to guard against out here. Obviously there is something, or there wouldn't be a wall. I just wonder what it is? She looks at the guard that is addressing them and asks, "Good sir, we have no desire to break any of the laws of your city, so can you direct us to an inn where we can get ourselves some rooms? We have been traveling a long time, and could use the rest."

"What is the law supposed to protect us from, if I may ask?"

1 success on the Int + Occult roll

Hazel changed back into her "human" form. But while she was out of sight of the town, she flipped the high collar of her cloak up to help hide her face, and brought her hat further down onto her head. No need to advertise herself. So she stayed behind the others to draw less notice.

Her ears, however did perk up at the feel of something unusual. Such a pleasant rush of energy where none was before.

Successes 5
Specialty(if applicable) 1

There was something about the way the guard spoke that made Selket feel uneasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back