• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 — open

What sport should the students play?

• Tennis

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Eventing (Equestrians)

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

social

falling for you™
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
LOVE AND LIES
miss roulette.
Good morning, Stanford! It’s been far too long since we last talked. With the tragedy of last winter, well, I don’t blame us for going on a little bit of a break. But the dust has settled, condolences have been shared, and now, we are back in business! Thanks to my lovely and dedicated followers, I caught wind that Stanford’s ‘it’ team is back and better than ever. After taking a season off, these little athletes are ready to play their hearts out and score a successful career as pros. But, will it be that easy? I don’t think so! I’ve already heard some juicy gossip from over summer break, so I can’t imagine that this season is going to go that smoothly. But I’ve been wrong before, so feel free to try and achieve that! Have a wonderful day at Stanford and keep me in your thoughts.

XO,
Miss Roulette

Stanford University is one of the top institutions in the United States, so naturally, it’s difficult to get into. Sure, you can grab a scholarship but most people use their checkbook to get into this school. Pure talent means nothing when your dad can slide a stack of cash over and get you secured. Within the walls of this prestigious university, some students live their lives dedicated to one thing. Sports. They don’t drink, smoke, vape, do drugs, or even post on social media much during their seasons, just to ensure they don’t get benched for the year. They live and breathe their future careers, not even processing the fact that they may need to fall back on their degrees when graduation comes around.

Going pro, getting on Team USA, and getting selected for the Olympics one day, are the all-consuming thoughts that fill their heads every day. Because of this, the teams are highly competitive and the students view each other as rivals, regardless of the shared uniforms. This sort of animosity and raw passion that the team has made it perfect for an anonymous website to capitalize on. Miss Roulette was formed during summer vacation one year and has been around for three years at this point. The owner of the site has dedicated her time to cultivating the juiciest gossip, the biggest scandals, and simply all the drama that happens on campus.

But her attention quickly shifted over to the athletes of the school as they had way more to lose if they were caught with even one beer in their hand. Her shift in focus put a very large spotlight and target on each back of Stanford’s athletes, causing many issues to arise as students were losing their spots on the team, losing job opportunities, and even getting scholarships revoked. But everything truly came to a head during the winter quarter of the previous year. Three students on the team were the focus of Miss Roulette’s online gossip, and it began to trend on other various social media platforms. These scandals eventually caused the deaths of all three students.

Jeremiah Brigham was a senior and was preparing to launch his professional career as long as this final season went in his favor. However, Miss Roulette got ahold of his secret passion, a married man whom Jeremiah had been seeing for over a year. Angelina Church, a freshman, was just starting and was truly a star amongst stars. Her downfall was her interest in the recreational use of various drugs, resulting in her losing her full scholarship. Ronny Sadler was in his junior year and hoping to fly under the radar until graduation, but Miss Roulette had other ideas. A rumor of Ronny deliberately getting his dates drunker than a sailor began to make its rounds and soon he was faced with an investigation as many had come forward with evidence. All three of these students passed away between January and March. Due to the suddenness and the amount of students, an investigation was launched and the team did not participate in the season.

Miss Roulette’s website was found and subsequently taken down, and all of her gossip articles were taken down and scrubbed from the internet, or as much as possible. Everyone tried to move past it, though the team suffered greatly from missing an entire season. But they trained and the relief of not dealing with Miss Roulette made life easier. That is until she came back.

When training resumed in the summer, Miss Roulette was back up, this time, more equipped to deal with the faculty and students who opposed her website. With her presence once again looming over these athletes, they must navigate the pressures of their sport, tournaments, and gossip that could lead to their downfall.

This roleplay is a huge revamp from one I ran years ago so if you recognize the name, that’s why! However, the plot is very different. This roleplay will focus on a sports team of Standford University and how they are the main targets of Miss Roulette, a Gossip Girl-type site. Because they are student-athletes, they have extremely strict rules they have to follow when it comes to public image, recreational activities, and even social media activity. Because of this, any slip-up can be career-ending if it gets exposed enough. That’s exactly why Miss Roulette is focusing on them. However, things got a little out of hand last year when Miss Roulette exposed the secrets and scandals of three students on the team, all resulting in their deaths as they were unable to cope with the repercussions of this exposure. Due to this, the team was prohibited from competing in the season for the year and the school went through an internal investigation.

Miss Roulette’s website was found and taken down, but nobody was able to find anyone connected to the site so all they could do was try and scrub her gossip from the internet as much as possible. Miss Roulette disappeared for the rest of the school year until the team started their summer training. A brand new site and a vendetta against those who reported her, she is very adamant about ‘honestly reporting’ what the athletes are doing and keeping them on their toes. Throughout the roleplay, the characters will go through games, tournaments, and gossip from Miss Roulette. Students can be expelled, benched, lose future career opportunities, etc. The sport itself is currently undecided, so make sure to vote in the poll so we can figure out what we are doing!

• Follow RPN’s rules
• This is NOT first come first serve! It is application-based!
• You will be notified if you have been accepted by the assigned deadline. If you do NOT receive a message of acceptance then you did NOT get into the roleplay. Do not harass me, PM/tag me repeatedly asking why you didn’t get in or how to get in. This defeats the entire purpose of it being acceptance-based. I only accept characters that I feel fit the roleplay, that’s it.
• Realistic Face Claims are required
• There is a one post per week requirement unless otherwise stated. As well as a three paragraph minimum per each post.
• There will be a Discord OOC
• There is zero tolerance for bullying, harassment, exclusion, etc. in this roleplay! You will be kicked if you are involved in any of this. Keep drama out of the OOC!
• You MUST keep everything balanced. That means character types and gender ratios
• Understand that these are college athletes and while they can engage in partying, drinking, etc. if they get caught, they will get exposed and get in trouble!
• Characters are not immune from getting kicked from the team so keep that in mind with secrets and behaviors!
• There is currently a two-character max unless you have been accepted!
• Characters will be a minimum of 20 years old! They can be at any point in their education though
• There will most likely be zero full scholarship/poor characters allowed in the roleplay unless you have permission from me to make them. This is a personal preference as these characters have messed up this plot a lot in the past!
• Every character will be targeted by Miss Roulette at some point so secrets are required. No perfect characters that do nothing wrong, that defeats the purpose of the roleplay
• All character results in games will be decided by a random wheel!
coded by social (inspo cred to angcolor)

Good morning, Stanford! It’s been far too long since we last talked. With the tragedy of last winter, well, I don’t blame us for going on a little bit of a break. But the dust has settled, condolences have been shared, and now, we are back in business! Thanks to my lovely and dedicated followers, I caught wind that Stanford’s ‘it’ team is back and better than ever. After taking a season off, these little athletes are ready to play their hearts out and score a successful career as pros. But, will it be that easy? I don’t think so! I’ve already heard some juicy gossip from over summer break, so I can’t imagine that this season is going to go that smoothly. But I’ve been wrong before, so feel free to try and achieve that! Have a wonderful day at Stanford and keep me in your thoughts.

XO,
Miss Roulette

Stanford University is one of the top institutions in the United States, so naturally, it’s difficult to get into. Sure, you can grab a scholarship but most people use their checkbook to get into this school. Pure talent means nothing when your dad can slide a stack of cash over and get you secured. Within the walls of this prestigious university, some students live their lives dedicated to one thing. Sports. They don’t drink, smoke, vape, do drugs, or even post on social media much during their seasons, just to ensure they don’t get benched for the year. They live and breathe their future careers, not even processing the fact that they may need to fall back on their degrees when graduation comes around.

Going pro, getting on Team USA, and getting selected for the Olympics one day, are the all-consuming thoughts that fill their heads every day. Because of this, the teams are highly competitive and the students view each other as rivals, regardless of the shared uniforms. This sort of animosity and raw passion that the team has made it perfect for an anonymous website to capitalize on. Miss Roulette was formed during summer vacation one year and has been around for three years at this point. The owner of the site has dedicated her time to cultivating the juiciest gossip, the biggest scandals, and simply all the drama that happens on campus.

But her attention quickly shifted over to the athletes of the school as they had way more to lose if they were caught with even one beer in their hand. Her shift in focus put a very large spotlight and target on each back of Stanford’s athletes, causing many issues to arise as students were losing their spots on the team, losing job opportunities, and even getting scholarships revoked. But everything truly came to a head during the winter quarter of the previous year. Three students on the team were the focus of Miss Roulette’s online gossip, and it began to trend on other various social media platforms. These scandals eventually caused the deaths of all three students.

Jeremiah Brigham was a senior and was preparing to launch his professional career as long as this final season went in his favor. However, Miss Roulette got ahold of his secret passion, a married man whom Jeremiah had been seeing for over a year. Angelina Church, a freshman, was just starting and was truly a star amongst stars. Her downfall was her interest in the recreational use of various drugs, resulting in her losing her full scholarship. Ronny Sadler was in his junior year and hoping to fly under the radar until graduation, but Miss Roulette had other ideas. A rumor of Ronny deliberately getting his dates drunker than a sailor began to make its rounds and soon he was faced with an investigation as many had come forward with evidence. All three of these students passed away between January and March. Due to the suddenness and the amount of students, an investigation was launched and the team did not participate in the season.

Miss Roulette’s website was found and subsequently taken down, and all of her gossip articles were taken down and scrubbed from the internet, or as much as possible. Everyone tried to move past it, though the team suffered greatly from missing an entire season. But they trained and the relief of not dealing with Miss Roulette made life easier. That is until she came back.

When training resumed in the summer, Miss Roulette was back up, this time, more equipped to deal with the faculty and students who opposed her website. With her presence once again looming over these athletes, they must navigate the pressures of their sport, tournaments, and gossip that could lead to their downfall.

This roleplay is a huge revamp from one I ran years ago so if you recognize the name, that’s why! However, the plot is very different. This roleplay will focus on a sports team of Standford University and how they are the main targets of Miss Roulette, a Gossip Girl-type site. Because they are student-athletes, they have extremely strict rules they have to follow when it comes to public image, recreational activities, and even social media activity. Because of this, any slip-up can be career-ending if it gets exposed enough. That’s exactly why Miss Roulette is focusing on them. However, things got a little out of hand last year when Miss Roulette exposed the secrets and scandals of three students on the team, all resulting in their deaths as they were unable to cope with the repercussions of this exposure. Due to this, the team was prohibited from competing in the season for the year and the school went through an internal investigation.

Miss Roulette’s website was found and taken down, but nobody was able to find anyone connected to the site so all they could do was try and scrub her gossip from the internet as much as possible. Miss Roulette disappeared for the rest of the school year until the team started their summer training. A brand new site and a vendetta against those who reported her, she is very adamant about ‘honestly reporting’ what the athletes are doing and keeping them on their toes. Throughout the roleplay, the characters will go through games, tournaments, and gossip from Miss Roulette. Students can be expelled, benched, lose future career opportunities, etc. The sport itself is currently undecided, so make sure to vote in the poll so we can figure out what we are doing!

• Follow RPN’s rules
• This is NOT first come first serve! It is application-based!
• You will be notified if you have been accepted by the assigned deadline. If you do NOT receive a message of acceptance then you did NOT get into the roleplay. Do not harass me, PM/tag me repeatedly asking why you didn’t get in or how to get in. This defeats the entire purpose of it being acceptance-based. I only accept characters that I feel fit the roleplay, that’s it.
• Realistic Face Claims are required
• There is a one post per week requirement unless otherwise stated. As well as a three paragraph minimum per each post.
• There will be a Discord OOC
• There is zero tolerance for bullying, harassment, exclusion, etc. in this roleplay! You will be kicked if you are involved in any of this. Keep drama out of the OOC!
• You MUST keep everything balanced. That means character types and gender ratios
• Understand that these are college athletes and while they can engage in partying, drinking, etc. if they get caught, they will get exposed and get in trouble!
• Characters are not immune from getting kicked from the team so keep that in mind with secrets and behaviors!
• There is currently a two-character max unless you have been accepted!
• Characters will be a minimum of 20 years old! They can be at any point in their education though
• There will most likely be zero full scholarship/poor characters allowed in the roleplay unless you have permission from me to make them. This is a personal preference as these characters have messed up this plot a lot in the past!
• Every character will be targeted by Miss Roulette at some point so secrets are required. No perfect characters that do nothing wrong, that defeats the purpose of the roleplay
• All character results in games will be decided by a random wheel!

hihi definitely interested i immediately had an idea for a character!!

sounds fun, i'm interested!

ROLEPLAY LINKS New
Character Applications and the Waiting Area are live.
The current deadline is MAY 11TH.
Current character max
(unless accepted) is TWO CHARACTERS.
Keep things balanced!!!!!!!!

Please Note: While characters can all come from professional/Olympic level athlete parents, NOBODY is perfect or immune to losing.
No character is perfect and has a perfect record. I will not accept any characters that have zero losses or are like considered a God in the tennis world.
None of these characters are professionals yet either. They are COLLEGE ATHLETES.
If you have any questions, please PM or tag me in the waiting area!
Happy character creation~

Tags: junegloom junegloom Winona Winona MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx monkeydoll555 monkeydoll555 a z u l a a z u l a Syrok18 Syrok18 CosmicComet CosmicComet logastellus logastellus MrBrown MrBrown Verdilac Verdilac

Last edited:
i was not originally planning on joining another rp but this looks entertaining, so interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back