• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lost eye of Atalantis (Yes it's spelled like that)

"Wow so she really was something not to mess with, I guess I am glad in that sense... but on the other hand I would love to have seen all the history unfolding right in front of my eyes though" he looked over pondering over all the books that he hadn't known existed.
Waverley raised his eyebrow to Akijan "A history seeker I see, you love hearing and learning about history? don't worry it's nothing to be embarrassed about. I never went to School so I had to learn by books, my own listening and everything so I fully understand the fascination." he smiled.

Waverley looked startled at Akijan "Wait, What? under your care? you?... I mean.. you really want to take care of someone you just met?" he blurted out shocked to hear the words coming form him.
He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed "well I guess, that explains the way I am and look at the polar opposites we are? To be as carefree and strong, honestly it's rather inspiring, excuse my cheeseyness!"
Looking down he sighed " well, I mean It wasn't all her fault, like sure she wasnt perfect and may have been horrible to some degree but still she helped you not be homeless and left you all this so she can't be all bad...right?"

Waverley stared at Ubel " Hey, So what if i'm a tad Naive? I've been locked up for many years all things are pretty new to me, yes there may be some things I'm excitable over but i'll have you know.....I.... I..." he stopped folding his arms with no fight left in him to defend he didn't know much unfortunately.
He turned his smile returning " Mhm, It's the first time I get to go outside and investigate the big wide sea scape, If she can help all well and good if not at least we tried!"

Jacques scoffed " fine but remind him he is a kid, he needs to act a bit more mature if were going to take him on his silly endevours, why the heck you wanna go see him? dont tell me you believe all that traveller nonsense.!" he looked at Waverley.
Waverley sighed apologising to Akijan and then tried to apologise to Jacques who just scoffed and didn't accept it.
Waverley quickly looked at Akijan looking sad " you understand his gripe? how?" he pleaded to him.
"Hey at least he cares about our wellbeings!" Waverley sighed.

"I know hes not the easiest, my father had many dealings with him, he always owes Narfi money so I know I wont be top of the list for him but I dont think you should make him out to be as bad as you make him sound!"
Waverley sighed " Im not sheltered i was imprisoned, My aloofness was becuase I had no schooling, your strong judgment, Hurts when you dont have no idea what I've been through, so keep your snooty comments to yourself." he scoffed " Yes so what if I do? I haven't judged you what gives you the right to be so.. so oh what's the word?" he pondered.

Waverley nodded " I will, I will just tell me what I need to do and I will use, common sense im not stupid Im just needing to learn, so teach me, guide me and lets not be afraid fear is the biggest killer you know?" he noted.

Jacques rolled his eyes " well aren't we mr popular" He scoffed folding his arms. though Waverley on the other hand was Intrigued with the stories wanting to hear more and more of the tales of Akijan's journeys. "So you must have connections to so many across the seas?"

Jacques sighed " Ubee, what's up you can talk to me?" he asked softly unusual for him " if its the kid? you know Narfi will shine him away you know he wont have patience to deal with his energy!"
He patted his hand on Ubel's shoulder " Hey I can tell cause im your best friend for the longest time and now boyfriend, like of course im gonna know! I do't really know what to say you know comfort isnt really my forte!" he shurgged.

Jacques was siley alongside Ubel the whole way to the caverns, while Waverley talked all the way about all the stroies Akijan was telling not seeming to be tired from the days ordeal, it seemed more energy was being produced, even with the Skull caves ahead looking kind of scary as they do, didn't phase him instead he was rearing to go.

Ubel didn't say anything, not bothering to waste his breath on some half-witted moron such as Waverly. Simply giving a scoff at his protests and attempts at explaining his side of the story. "You don't have to bring up your father every single conversation, I think everyone is already well aware of your plights before meeting...Akijan." He seemed hesitant mentioning Akijan, as he had given a wary look at him before turning back to Waverly. His pupils shrunk, the circle almost nonexistent. "You best be watching your tone, the self pity party can only bring you so far. Akijan is unwise to let you in his home, cherishing you as if you were his. Utterly reckless might I add." Ubel finished, watching Akijan's eyes move from Waverly to him, Akijan's face showed no sign of heavy emotion but rage and disgust flickered slightly across his face. Arms crossed over his chest as he gave a scoff under his breath.

Akijan gave a look of hesitance, seeming to avoid Waverly's eye. "How..shall I say this. It's complicated, I'll say that much." When pestered to share more, Akijan shook his head. "Perhaps..you should figure it out without me telling you, I assure you, it will be easy to spot once you two have spent some more time together. Though his reaction is quite...uncalled for." Akijan sighed, not in the mood to be the negotiator or peace bringer but look where that got him. "Please keep your words to yourself, i'm gaining a bit of a headache from the snappy comments coming from both of you." He sighed, letting Jacques and Waverly go but made sure to keep them apart if they were to start fighting again.

"Alright, i'm done. Count me out of this stupid endeavor. I'm not helping this fish. Nope, nadda." Ubel hissed through gritted teeth, clenching his fists in rage. "I don't have to explain myself to any of you!!" When Akijan protested against his outburst. "I don't care what you do but I have no part of it! It's not like it's going to work anyway! It's going to flop just like every other expedition sent out for this traveler. I know when it will fail, and with...Waverly having the emotional capacity of a kid, he is just going to be dead weight and/or useless. He can't do anything for himself!" Ubel griped, turning away. Akijan immediately grabbed onto Ubel's arm, carving out small indents in his flesh. Ubel screamed, trying to fling Akijan off to no avail. Akijan didn't let go, instead leaning in close, whispering something into Ubel's ear. His face dropped and he stopped thrashing, instead yanking his arm out of Akijan's grip. Giving a scoff as he turned away.

Akijan quickly changed back to his warm and welcoming demeanor, as if he didn't just threaten Ubel. "Ah, the perks I suppose. Strings can be pulled, things can be done. Items can be fetched, it's all quite nice if you think about it." He said giving a small chuckle. "But yes, traveling the sea, you meet a character or two. Helpful and useful." He said, recounting a tale about the island of Kannazuka. Which is known for the myth involving Tatarasuna, an ancient disease that spread throughout the land of Kannazuka. It was a plague, that burned the flesh from the inside out of those affected. Twisting the body and infecting the mind. A gruesome tale laced fear in an already heavy tension as Akijan told the story. He apologised soon after, going silent. Though he kept on chatting with Waverly, answering any questions he might have.

The skull caverns appeared in the distance, as they got closer. Waverly could see how the caverns got their name, as it was shaped like a huge skull with smaller skull-like structures littering the ground near the huge one. A statue was also seen behind the caverns, depicting a huge broken pillar. Akijan pointed it out as the statue of secrecy. He brought Waverly close and pointed at the faded text in φθορά (An ancient version of the common seaspeak tongue***) He translated it and explained it as a pact, or a contract that whoever lives or crosses these waters will be forever held to speak of nought and decay. When Waverly questioned about the meaning, Akijan said that it was complicated and a topic for later discussions.

Akijan took Waverly's arm and brought Waverly closer to him. Stating they were reaching dangerous waters and that he should stick close to him. Akijan entered the skull caverns with Ubel and Jacques trailing close behind. He took turns here and there, seemingly out of order and quite random. Akijan told Waverly to keep close and not to look as inconspicuous as possible to not draw attention. After what seemed like forever, they made it to the ghetto. A huge marketplace and seemed like there were housing farther down the road.

The ghetto was dark and gloomy with the occasional light source here and there from sea lanterns. Stalls were set up along the path that led further in, as well as buildings and other sorts of things. People were given masks to wear when entering, Akijan took one for himself and Waverly. Helping Waverly put it on as he slid it on, making sure it was snug. "Masks are required, anonymity and security reasons. Don't wander off, don't say anything to anyone." He whispered to Waverly as the group made their way down the road. The masks were quite plain, a white matte finish with a detail that signified what species they were. Ubel grabbed one for him and one for Jacques, making sure to avoid looks coming from the stall owners and people swimming around.

***(This world has multiple languages, seaspeak is the most common and universal, though there are other variations of this language for different species, areas and timelines. There are also languages that exist that aren't related to seaspeak but those are usually limited to species/areas/timelines etc etc)

“Plights? What’s that suppose to mean? anyways for your information I don’t bring him up every conversation, the ones you seem to talk about just so happen to need me to explain what happens in order for you to understand” he sighed.

Waverley heard the words pour from Ubel like poison, fortunately though thirst words didn’t hurt as much as he though Ubel anticipated, had he listed to his side, his father treated him cruelly, so words such of this he was no stranger to, however he took a small glance at AkiJan, hesitating slightly before asking if he was okay.

Waverley rubbed the back of his neck still not quite understanding what was meant by the statement but he shrugged “okay if you insist, I’ll give it a shot!” He smiled back though he stopped abruptly seeing AkiJan’s tired look.

Jacques poked his tongue out at Waverley and Akijan “well the kid started it, maybe you should put him on a lead or something he’s the one who tried going for Ubel… he’s the one you need to be saying this too not me, he’s the one who can’t control wrecking things.” He folded his arms with a huff.
Waverley on the other hand just looked down remaining silent.

Waverley watched as Ubel complained and claimed to not helping them in his outburst, he wanted to say something but recoiled as Ubel then went off again now on about the mission being a fail and he would be the cause of it under his breath he muttered “You sound just like my father.”
Looking up he watched Akijan grabbing Ubel’s arm, Jacques squealed as he heard Ubel Scream “hey let go of him, stop that!” He called out as he attempted to get closer but as he did Akijan had already pulled away. A death stare looked directly at Waverley from Jacques “I'm watching you…”

Waverley looked up at AkiJan and nodded “I bet there are so many things you’ve seen upon the way, oh to travel the seas honestly you are luckiest you can swim the ocean shores and sail them too, picking up all things like my dinglehoppers.” He said picking up a fork and admiring it. Instantly causing Jacques to snicker, though with one look from AkiJan he shut up faster than a gulp of sea air.

Waverley was stunned listening he couldn’t take his gaze away as he immersed himself in the story. Jacques however whispered to Ubel “you doing okay Ubee? Want me to get the coordinates for this island and send Waverley there?” He snickered.

Waverley swam close to AkiJan as they started making their way through to the skull caverns, observing everything as it was pointed out to him, taking everything the information slightly overwhelming but he enjoyed having the new experiences nonetheless. He was very interested in the stone and it’s language something he himself had never heard of, he was unable to repeat it but made a mental note of the name of the language.

As they begs in reaching the dangerous waters Waverley etched closer as Akijan pulled him in, he felt the tension in the water thicken as they began to head in. Though he wasn’t afraid, to say he wasn’t on edge would be an understatement.
Waverley gulped as he was instructed to not be conspicuous… though he didn’t really quite understand what it meant he gathered as much to mean don’t look like a fraidy catfish.

The ghetto was just infront but be of before a mask was now being placed over his face, he looked up at AkiJan wanting to resist but realising it wasn’t for…other purposes like his father would use masks for, he relaxed a little and nodded “right got it!” He followed closely with Akijan. While jacques took the mask from Ubel and sighed “I feel I owe you an apology Ubee, once we get back I’ll make you something nice for dinner take a load of you know? You can finally see what I did to the place, as you know as long as we don’t bump into Pete on the way back…” he sighed as they swam through he observed all the stalls all looking pretty dull to him, he didn’t mind the pricing and such or what they were offering he was just more used to his own comforts.

Akijan moved his arm in front of Jacques, covering Waverly from his view. "I don't tolerate useless threats and violence, only if it is needed. And doing so against someone your helping is rather foul. Watch your tone, you're not the one in control here." Akijan threatened, staring down Jacques until he backed away. "This is supposed to be an endeavour to quench a curious mind and perhaps, find some truth behind the words spoken by many. Not a battle ground to tear someone apart because they pissed you off. Now if you would like to take Waverly's powers for a spin and try controlling them, be my guest, but if you're too much of a shrimp. Then shut your mouth." He snarled, moving Waverly away from the two. Ubel said nothing, muttering a small apology but it seemed half-hearted and weak.

Akijan kept Waverly close, keeping a watchful eye on Jacques and Ubel. After he got the mask situated, he made a quick pace towards a particular area in the Ghetto. Leading Waverly behind him. Jacques and Ubel trailed from behind, lingering and keeping a distance as grouping is quite suspicious for a multitude of reasons. Akijan didn't say much, just giving small hand signals in Waverly's palm for reassurance. The mask could be seen through but it was more used for those with attune eye receptors. Waverly, could only see blurry visuals so stumbling around was going to be a natural first time experience.

Ubel nervously looked around, holding onto Jacques's arm tightly. He wasn't the type to go into the Ghetto that much..or ever. He hated the place, hated the feeling he got whenever he stepped through the threshold. The feeling of sea slugs moving up his body slowly, leaving a trail of mucus. He shivered and looked down, swimming faster through the murky water, just wanting out of this place that gave him the creeps. Making bile slowly fill his stomach. The smell, the air, it was all suffocating. *He knew. That the bastard knew.* Ubel thought, gritting his teeth out of anger. *He knew I hated this place, He knows everything. He knows...*

The stalls at the entrance sold rather on the edge of legal to illegal goods and services but nothing eye shocking. Though as they got further into the ghetto, did things started taking the turn for the worst. Soon the items being sold and displayed became more...stronger. Illicit even. Drugs and other such addictive items for consumption could be seen. Weapons of all sorts and items used for dark purposes were proudly put on view without a care in the world. The smell and the air thickened, the water becoming murky and hazardous but the group kept on going before stopping just right outside the last section of the Ghetto.

Akijan turned to the left, everyone followed. Not sure what they were looking at now. Boxes upon boxes of merchandise stacked on either side of them, encasing them in a neverending pathway. The ground was filled with rocks and random debris, hard to their scales if they brushed them on the ground or to their sides. Ubel was already uncomfortable but with the cramped spaces, he seemed to shrink further and further. Akijan was the only one who seemed unbothered, as if he had traversed these waters before. Multiple times. After a bit more swimming, did he finally stop. Letting go of Waverly has he knocked on a door to the right of them. Which seemed to be the entrance of a tall run down building. Already going through states of decay.

The door opened and a shark hybrid opened, speaking in an unknown language. Akijan responded and soon both him and the shark were shouting in quick succession. The shark hybrid got more frustrated while Akijan kept his ground. Finally the guard relented, letting Akijan in but stopping the others from entering. They didn't wait long to see Akijan reappear with a siren trailing behind him. Visually, similar to a mermaid but more sinister and violent. With razor sharp fins adorning her back. The siren noticed the group and asked Akijan a question in a foreign tongue, after getting her answer, she turned to the group. Giving a smile showing all her teeth.

"Hello!" She announced, waving her hand. Speaking in a heavy unidentified accent. "My name is Kolohe, what may yours be?" She asked, staring at Waverly with heavy interest. Akijan gave a small cough into his fist to help defuse the silence. "This was the person I was talking about, she will be helping us with our endeavors through the abyssal plain and past that. She is a siren, though please don't mind her accent. Seaspeak isn't her mother language." He explained before letting Kolohe introduce herself. She spoke in rapid succession and her thick accent wasn't doing her much good. Though she got some questions across which the group answered hesitantly, still having to warm up to the new member. Akijan had excused himself for a small matter and Kolohe let them into her abode to chat and for some food as they must have been famished.

Akijan swam quickly away from the group, turning back to the last section of the Ghetto. He moved past the seaweed covering the entrance, blinking his eyes as fluorescent lights popped up. This, was the most illegal part of the Ghetto. Where cannibals and carnivores feast in peace. While the trench is one with a low crime rate, it is because most of it is kept in the ghetto and skull caverns. Far from the more populated area and most, if not all the illegal dealings happen here. Under the radar of the police. Akijan swam through stalls filled with meat and other miscellaneous items. Nymphs are known to be strict herbivores. While humans are omnivores. Carnivores are allowed in the public but the act of eating a living being is frowned upon and disgraced at times. For a nymph hybrid to be seen feasting on meat is a crime worthy of death. Most, if not all nymph hybrids are herbivores no matter if their other side is a strict carnivore, as Nymph blood usually over powers the blood of the mate. But Akijan, was unlucky enough to get the dominant part of a Nymph which includes their diet. While humans can also survive without meat, he thirsts it. Craves the smell, the texture. The taste of meat. He needs it, and he cannot declined the taste of a fish. Something that would surely land him his death sentence.

Jacques scoffed folding his arms “fine, whatever just get the kid to be more sea wise, we can’t afford any mistakes and things that may lead to us getting killed due to his incompetence!” Jacques almost spat the words.
He looked over at AkiJan fully unimpressed by the exchange of words they were having right now “Tch, whatever we all know it’s a hoax im sure your smart enough to know it too, the kid has literally lived under a rock for however long can’t even comprehend a proper conversation and yet your fuelling his silly fairytale dream and excuse me? like I’d want that wrenches curse? Hardly give it the luxury of calling it a lower? It’s only caused distraction and harm, unless you blindly forgotten you have no ship, captain of nothing right now.” He prodded back but seeing AkiJan’s face he quickly swam behind Ubel for protection.

As they had the mask placed on and situated they started making their way through the dark murky waters of the Ghetto. He looked around struggling to see but could see enough, he worried internally that he would stick out like a sore thumb but remembered his fin colour was dark anyways, he was naturally born a lovely dark teal colour on his tail but his father used an ink from a deep in the depths Octopus he always assumed that he stained his tail jet black, though parts of the teal shine through from time to time.
Naturally he closed in on Akijan bumping into his shoulder from time to time. Followed by every time him a apologising.

Jacques turned to Ubel watching his reactions and him pull closer into his arm, he tightened the grip around Ubel’s arm comforting him without making it too obvious. The fishes around seemed shifty and he didn’t want to expose anything that could put risk to Ubel or himself. “Hey Ubes? You doing okay there you seem a bit flustered?” He said brushing to odd few sea slugs off Ubel. Though Jacques wasn’t too fond of them all climbing on him he was less irritated by the whole ordeal, just wanted some fresher waters, this made him feel like he was suffering.

Waverley looked at everything as they traveled deeper into the Ghetto as the stalls got worse in risk so did the waters he was used to fresh clear waters this was making him cough through feeling like he was chocking from time to time. Though it was overwhelming he was able to keep it together as they made their way through. Sort of glazing over the items on showcase Waverley gasped finding himself clinging to AkiJan’s arm soon enough.

As the saw Infront of them that seemed to be a boxway to their neverending doom. They began to traverse their way through the confined space with Waverley and his not so steady self catching his fins a fair old few times on the way through, the occasional yelp being heard from him noted to the group just how much he did.
Jacques however seemed annoyed by the whole ordeal but wasn’t really bothered he hasn’t been here before but certainly wasn’t the worst he had seen. The goods actually somewhat seemed appealing, if it wasn’t for Narfi’s strict agreement he had with him that stopped him from purchasing all the delicacies.
They all paused outside the door awaiting fro the person behind to open it.

As the door was opened by what seemed to be a guard AkiJan and this fish exchanged a few words…loudly and then he was allowed in the moment he left Waverley outside with Ubel and Jacques he began to feel nervous slightly he didn’t trust the two much so was anxiously awaiting the return of AkiJan and sure enough moments later he came back with a siren.
Waverley swam back a few paces trying not to shed his fear he had for her that stood before him.
As the introductions began she of course started with him *why was it always him*
“My name…is erm… Waverley, maam!” He shifted lowering his head into a small bow.
Jacques scoffed *great more pleasantries*
He thought “I don’t have to answer all you need to know is I’m part piranha…”

Waverley nodded trying to keep up though he couldn’t understand he noticed Akijan slipping away, worried he was going to be an Abandoned he looked around the usual plot look for all your exits! He looked at Kohloe still listing as they sat down getting food and drinks and a chance to relax after their journey. She asked a few questions and told a few taels much to Jacques disgust and Waverley’s desire! He enjoyed all the tales he could as his mind wandered “AkiJan please come back for me you promised me you’d take care of me…” he sighed as he turned to listened more to Kolohe.

Ubel gave a mutter under his breath, brushing off whatever was on him every second, even if there was nothing. His anxiety rose, feeling like eyes were melting holes into the back of his head. He hated this place, he promised himself he would never come back. That he would die before stepping foot, but here he was. Making a huge fool of himself as he moved slowly through the murky waters, doing his best to keep the bile down his throat and in his stomach. Though every motion he saw through the corner of his eye, every inch of skin being touched by who knows what, made him feel like he was going to puke his guts out. No matter what, he had to keep on going, he isn't no wimp. He isn't, right? Or was Akijan right, he is just a foul creature pretending to be something bigger. A sheep in wolf's clothing they said. If it was true, he surely is a joke. To be laughed at and mocked at. What a journey this has been, but seeing how Akijan was slow to get them to their destination, he knew this was going to much more painful than it should have been. All because of some words whispered into his ear.

Kolohe gave a look at Waverly. "A shy one this one is? He acts like I'm trying to get him to do something he doesn't want to do, how ironic." She giggled, waving her hand in front of Waverly. "No need to be formal, we are all friends here right?" She asked, showing off her teeth as she spoke and punctuated the endings of her words with heavy accents. Sometimes slipping into a different language before catching herself. "Now this one is more snappy. And an attitude." She gave a small scoff but kept on smiling. "Now you all seem to be a bit shaken up, it is hard to traverse the Ghetto with no experience. Some can get overwhelmed easily, now come in." She said, motioning towards the entrance of the building. "We aren't going to have tea outside are we?" She gave a small chuckle to herself as she led the group to a room with a table, shell chairs with food and refreshments already on the table.

Kolohe noticed Waverly's hesitance, watching his eyes dart from across the room to the windows covered by drapes, the doors leading to who knows where or the entrance they came from. She gave a reassuring shoulder pat and a smile. "Don't worry dear, if you trust Akijan, you should be able to trust me. He trusts me quite a lot..." She smirked. Her pearly whites, glimmering under the dark lighting. "He just went to retrieve something for himself, he will come back quickly enough, now come. You're a herbivore no? I hear seaweed bars are gourmet. Try some." She beamed, handing him a platter of them. "I also have sauces if you like yours with some added flavour." She sat back down in her seat, leaning on the table with her head resting in her hands. Chatting up Jacques and Ubel, while also keeping an eye on Waverly.

Akijan swam deeper in, reaching the more elusive types of meat and the more expensive ones. He stopped at a stall selling fresh...mermaid flesh. Supposedly carved from the tail and the chest. The most meaty parts of a mermaid and, the most craved for. He handed a small ticket to the stall owner, pointing at what he wanted. The stall owner handed his section wrapped up in a box. Quite conspicuous and easy to pass off as something else entirely. Pleased with his dinner tonight and food for the next week or so, he left the section of the Ghetto in a hurry. Quickly making his way back to the building. Entering through a different way, so the group didn't see him. He sat at the table, alone. Unwrapping the box delicately, though his hands shook at the smell, the sight of it. Red and juicy, thick and oozing the smell of it. He inhaled the scent with great joy before digging in.

After Akijan finished, he left the room and re-entered through the door. Giving a wave to Kolohe and sitting next to Waverly. He licked his lips to make sure they were clean as he joined the conversation. Chatting Jacques up with small tales and feats. While also catching up with Kolohe as they have been apart for a good year or so. Ubel, once Akijan had re-joined the group. Went silent. Simply picking at his food and holding Jacques's hand under the table. Giving a wary look at Kolohe, not trusting her one bit. But if he had to, what else did he have to lose. He just wanted out of this place, it made him scream on the inside with how the air choked him out. Rendering his voice useless.

After a while, Akijan told Kolohe that it was time to head back, and that it was going to be a long night before they got ready to go on their journey. Kolohe nodded, handing Akijan a bag of supplies, stating that she would be ready in a short time. That she will stop by Akijan's house when she is ready. Before questioning if they had chatted with Narfi. Though she was surprised when Akijan stated they had not. She gave a laugh and told them that would be their first stop before departing. She gave them a goodbye wave as they left. Akijan was quick this time, heading through the Ghetto at lightning speed, instead of going slow like a sea slug when heading to their location. After exiting the Ghetto, Akijan and Waverly said goodbye to Ubel and Jacques before going to the right, heading to the cove where Akijan's house is.

Waverley looked at Kolohe hesitantly, as he rubbed his arm. She was right he did feel a little like that, he wasn’t the most comfortable, then again when did he ever feel comfortable.
*friends?* he thought, though he tried to be a pleasant and polite as he could to everyone friends was a really strong word for this meeting for the first time. Though he felt mildly unsettled it was more her appearance that was alarming Waverley along with her beautiful pearly whites standing out in the murky background that surrounded them.
Jacques scoffed holding a Ubel close to him, he kind of felt a little remorse for telling Ubel about Waverley’s “issues” looking him up and down he saw how he was feeling and remembering Ubel just hours ago it’s like someone had abducted him and replaced him. Aching his heart to see someone he cared so deeply about he affected by this. Not only that a strong hatred for AkiJan was rising him him every second with whatever was said to Ubel he didn’t know nor did he care he just wanted to take Ubel home and call it a day.

Waverley nodded as she offered the tea and for them to come in leading in as the first one.
Though his gaze returned to the window every other second his attention was brought back to Kolohe as she spoke to him “oh, of course he said you’d be able to help us? I’m sure he’s already filled you in with the details?” He asked as he lifted up the light warm sea tea. The first warm thing he’d ever had. He brought it to his nose taking a small wiff of the Aroma sweet, mixed with bitter what is this?

Reluctantly Waverley couldn’t deny he was famished, having not eaten in all of 3 days, the smell of the drink he took a sip, his taste buds running 90 mph. Then the delightful question was asked as his eyes sparkled at the seaweed bars he looked back up at her and smiled a new level of trust increased as the woman offered him food. “Would I ever? I’ve only ever had kelp which I’m kinda allergic to but my dad wouldn’t allow me to have such a delicacy!” He said taking one and scarfed it down faster than anything causing Jacques to roll his eyes as Waverley immediately went to grab another “would you stop, your embarrassing us, uncontrollable kid, sorry for his atrocities!” Jacques waved Waverley off as he turned to Ubel “soon as we’re done here we’re going home okay?” He sighed as he checked the clam click watching the time internally begging AkiJan to hurry up.

Waverley turned back to Kolohe about to place his third seaweed bar down, but when she reassured him it was quite alright and she had more out back, that looking at him he looked starving, he then tried the seaweed bars with the sauce loving each and everyone one smiling happy for a merman in the ghetto.

As Akijan came back in Waverley finally felt at ease though only knowing him a short time he done more than what almost had done for him in his life, he felt a small connection. As he sat beside them, they all catching Akijan up to speed, then him relaying stories which Waverley loved to hear, each and everyone of them.

Jacques though he was joining in to a point he felt Ubel holding his hand and he squeezed it a little to reassure him he wasn’t leaving him as he talked with them all feeling a slight sketchy feeling from Kolohe, though why did he care if Waverley got eaten or shredded by her wasn’t his problem kid shouldn’t be so dang naive to trust so easy.

As they all said goodbye, traversing the ghetto was far more quicker than going in Jacques couldn’t be more thankful it was fast he needed cleanse in the coral. He felt unclean from that not so thrilling experience.
He waved Akijan and Waverley off as fast as he could and with holding Ubel’s hand forcing him to come with. “Okay there’s some coral over here let’s get you cleaned up….I’m sorry about all this.” He sighed as he started to help clean Ubel.

Waverley on the way back took the oppertunity to ask Akijan “so what did you get? If you don’t mind my asking, Madame Kolohe said you went to go get something? Was it for the trip?” He asked as they made their way back home.

"Of course love!" Kolohe replied cheerfully. "He messaged me about this whole ordeal just a couple hours ago! Got me up to speed about this all and I'm quite surprised that he took you up on the journey as it isn't one many decide to embark with no previous knowledge about anything. Which is quite funny since you're a fish out of water when it comes to traveling so I heard from others. No prior experience but I suppose just sheer will can do wonders don't you think?" She smiled, taking a sip of her tea before adding some sugar cubes and mixing it in. "It's honey lemon tea with caviar sauce. It's sweet, sour and bitter with a salty taste, quite a delicacy don't you think?" She grinned. "It's an odd combination but ohh does it melt on your tongue, and really gives you a kick." She drank some more as she dipped some fish biscuits into her tea. Noticing Jacques's stare at the fish biscuits, she produced a small platter of them and handed the plate to Jacques with an unwavering smile.

"Well please, feel free to feast. This was all prepared for my esteemed guests." She gave a small bow as she watched with a smile as Waverly chowed down on the bars. "Oh-ho, please. It is alright. Food is meant to be cherished, no matter how you eat. We are all friends here." She gave Waverly a pat on the back as she sat back down in her seat, chatting up Jacques with all sorts of intellectual topics. Her smile never left her face, hands positioned neatly on the table. Nails clacked quietly against the marble cup as she chewed on a starfish. "Now that we are all settled, riddle me of this. Why are you embarking on this journey? Is there anything at the end you wish to seek or is it just answers that you have a thirst for? I have so many questions as it's not a daily occurrence for someone to announce their going to try to find the traveler from those old sea tales."

Ubel didn't say anything, just giving a blank look at Jacques. Holding onto his hand tightly as he shook the slime off his body. Muttering words under his breath and watching Akijan swim out of view with Waverly. When he was sure Akijan was out of sight, he gave a deep breath. Resting his head on Jacques's shoulder. "I'm screwed. I'm so freaking screwed. Narfi is going to end me. I shouldn't have been in the Ghetto in the first place..." He kept going off and off, his voice becoming more frantic as his eyes widened. Pupils shrinking as he realized that he was late coming back home. "HOLY CARP. I'M LATE!" He started freaking out before giving a small kiss on Jacques's cheek before speeding away to skull caverns. Leaving a trail of bubbles in his wake.

Akijan gave a small smile. "It's some supplies for later on, nothing you need to worry about. Speaking of which." He dug through his side bag and handed Waverly a small wrapped box, decorated with a coral bow. "Consider it a gift for the hassle, I know the Ghetto isn't the most pleasurable of places." Akijan ushered Waverly into his house and waved him goodnight before retiring into his bedroom. Stating he was quite tired and was going to wake up early tomorrow to pack for the trip and that both of them needed rest for the trip tomorrow. The gift itself was a small hairpiece in the shape of a black lotus, it was delicate and obviously high quality. Wonder how much it cost...

Akijan sighed, covering his face in shame as he leaned against the door. What a joke. He got a pathetic gift for Waverly just so he could get his mind off the fact that he ate a mermaid while having a mermaid in his house as of right now. He would be screwed if anyone found out, especially someone who already had family trauma. If word got out, he might as well eat himself alive, it would be easy. Painless, and he would get a wonderful final meal. Painless...haha. Doubt that. It's always a pain to eat meat. He loved the taste, lusted for the juices that dripped down his mouth. Yet every time, every bite and sink into the flesh, it would leave him retching in disgust. Yet he would still eat, and he would still feel the taste of vomit mixed with blood on his tongue. He craved it, and he craved it so much, he would kill himself to taste it. To get that blissful feeling of eating, without puking his guts out.

Waverley sighed a breath of relief “that’s good to know, I was hoping as much because, well I’m not the best at explaining things..” he sighed his head looking down. “Yeah Ubel and Jacques made that point clear too but I think as he traveled the seas and has been placed maybe he can find something new to add to his collection or something on the travels” he shrugged “ I mean..I..well yeah… I guess your right but with Akijan there I’ll know I’ll be okay, he’s taking care of me and look he even patched up my wound, Sol gave to me earlier.” He showed off the big scar that oddly enough should have started healing by now but still hadn’t.

“It’s really yummy, one of the best drinks I’ve tasted!” He said his eyes sparkling at the drink and then at the food..
Jacques took the plate of fish biscuits and held it close to him nibbling away at them not taking his gaze from her, she seems rather sketchy and in his mind he tried working out why perhaps because she lived in the murky Ghetto?

Waverley smiled as he began to chow down more on the seaweed bars, each single dip with each bar melting inside his mouth truth was he had never eaten so well as he was now.

Jacques scoffed waving Kolohe’s comment “sure whatever..” he sighed but perked up a bit as the conversation changed from the kid to something more on his level.

As Kolohe asked about the reason for all the travels to discover more on the traveler Jacques shrugged followed by a “don’t look at us it’s all on the kid!”

After finishing off the plate and even scraping up the last of the crumbs he gulped as the attention turned to him. He was never really good under spotlight. “Well erm, funny story that..” he rubbed the back of his neck leaning back that he almost fell off the chair but grabbed the table braking his fall. “I sorry about that. I well from a young merboy my mom told me stories of the traveler we adventured to little areas to go find things like dingglehoppers, reflector circles and stationary compass scrolls.* when she was taken away and killed I was devastated but I made her a promise I’d one day find out if the tale was real all the stuff we found were left by the traveler all be it stuff ships drop but something different about them and we’ll, later life was chained up a lot alone out on day release from time to time and I just wanted to do just that and well to prove to everyone I’m actually more than just a ‘kid’ or that wrecking merboy! I want to actually show I can do something!” He said with Jacques clapping sarcastically “you know you almost made me cry with that speech!”

Waverley felt angry but with the presences of Kolohe more intimidating him he stayed quiet and didn’t move just sulked in the chair instead.

As they watched them swim away Jacques turned his attention back to Ubel “yo slowdown little motor fish, I know he’s gonna be pretty peeved, I’m sorry I kinda dragged you into all this by just wanting to have some fun.” He tried butting in the words of Ubel’s frantic words but to no avail as he watched Ubel swim back to Narfi as always. Leaving.

Jacques there he lowered his head sad feeling lonely once again though it didn’t end up well for Ubel he was happy at least he got to spend time with him much more than normal.

“Oh I see, sorry for prying just everything peeks my interest right now, hopefully it’ll calm down soon..wait uh…a gift? For me? You’ve already done so much for me I couldn’t.” He tried resisting but when Akijan insisted he remembered the small word his mother said “don’t reject a gift always accept acts of kindness, to thank them pay it forward and show kindness back.” He took the gift into his arms nodding “thank you Akijan, this means a lot to me.” When Akijan exclaimed he was tired Waverley nodded retiring to his room also placing the gift on the bed to reveal the black lotus hair piece. He smiled grabbing a small dingglehopper as he placed it in his hair, smiling as he neatly placed the box down”I wonder how much this could have cost, looks super treasure worthy…” he pondered for a second now looking at the bed, an actually bed infront of him he opened the door a tad to check Akijan wasn’t awake and closed the door once more before rubbing his hands together and leaping on the bed rolling around in it just like a child would.

He laid his arms out relaxing for a moment “today has been the best day ever!!!” He sighed a deep breath. He pulled the sea blanket over him feeling the warmth of something holding him taking him back to when he was a little mer boy and his mother would hold him. He shed a few tears and held his hand to his chest “well were Doing it gonna go find the traveller, met this great guy who’s going to take care of me, so I hope you can rest easy now I love you!” He said before his eyes closed from exhaustion and he fell into a deep, deep sleep.

The next morning was a ruckus, noises could be heard left right and centre as the house got stormed down by 6 shark guards. They broke the door down and stormed in the place ripping it apart and not caring for anything broken, the searched high and low till one shark yelled “he’s in here boss, let’s grab him!” 3 of them pounced on Waverley who was fast asleep, jolting him away into a frenzy panic, he called out for Akijan but as soon as he did one of the guards stuffed his mouth with a rock so he couldn’t speak let alone breath.

A shark guard noticed Akijan and swam up to him “ahh, the one harbouring a prisoner, how quant. Do you have anything for yourself before we place him in the asylum for lost and confused fishes?” He demanded.
Another guard piped up “his father believes he’s not of sound mind, with believing this traveler nonsense, he’s a danger to everyone being about and we can’t afford any losses of our trading places just because this kid thinks some silly old tale is real.” He scoffed folding his arms “so any words you have to say for yourself? Unlike someone like you to be protecting a pathetic useless mer boy!”

*dingglehoppers = cutlery forks/spoons
*reflector circles= plates/mirrors

*stationary compass scrolls. = Maps

"Is that so hun?" Kolohe smiled cheerfully, taking a sip of her own cup. "It's an acquired taste for sure, as some don't like the taste of caviar alone but mixed with some other dominating tastes such as honey. It works splendidly together." She tapped her cup with her spoon, the door opened and a Kelpie strode in, their horse form shimmering under the fluorescent lights. The horse opened it's jaw and tossed a parchment to Kolohe who grabbed it out of the air. "Kelpie mail, how reliable." She chuckled, waving the creature off as she unrolled it. "Hm. Higher prices, predictable..." She tossed the parchment into a small basket sitting on a table. "Don't mind me, just had something supposedly urgent come in. It wasn't urgent, as always." She joked, returning to talking to Jacques about intellectual jabs and fibs before questioning Waverly.

Kolohe gave a thoughtful smile. "I see, how charming. Keeping true to your promises that you perhaps made years ago, a dying final wish from your mother perhaps? Or just something you wanted to prove a reality later on. How sweet." She gushed, staring pointedly at Jacques after he made his rude remark. "Oh hush, It's not like you do anything better. It's called a dream, I doubt you have any with your personality." She scoffed, and then put her finger to his face when he tried to say anything back. "It's quite useless to try to say anything and you know that, now let this poor boy alone. I would hope you two would get along if you're going on an extensive trip together for a prolonged period. Or else it's going to be quite the struggle."

Akijan gave a smile. "Well, another gift couldn't hurt. Besides, you're free to do anything with it, I just saw it and wanted to get it for you." He handed the box to Waverly as he took his keys and unlocked the door. Dropping the bag he was holding onto a rack, flicking on lights as he moved around. Picking some late night snacks before retiring to his bedroom. He muttered curses under his breath as he dragged his feet across the floor, soon breaking out into a pace, disregarding sleep. He was too anxious anyway. It just helped fuel his worry and impending doom, the scenarios that racked up in his head as well the fear of hurting Waverly. He enjoyed the kid and his personality, he really did. But oh was he so tempting...

Akijan awoke with a start, hearing the door being broken down as well as things being thrown onto the floor carelessly. Good thing he usually kept his treasures neatly put away in secure locations in his house in case of one, being broken in or two, the chance of them falling or breaking or just being held carelessly. Though it didn't help the worry of other things being shattered. He got up, changed into something more suitable as quickly as he could before dashing out of his bedroom. Watching the shark guards hold a thrashing Waverly. "What the?? What the hell are you doing??" He demanded.

"Last I checked, you don't have a warrant for an arrest or search. And that...father your speaking of is no more than a merchant, he has no authority to register an arrest on someone, or anyone for that matter!" He argued. "Well, I'm not allowing you to take Waverly off my property, I see no warrant. You clearly are just officials bribed with money because I know for a FACT, that a warrant for an asylum patient is not allowed unless it was confirmed by a doctor, and I also know for a FACT, that his father hadn't taken him to get him checked in for an asylum. So please unhand him and maybe I'll let this go without a trace."

When it was obvious the shark guards weren't going easy on him, Akijan gave a sigh and rubbed his face. "Malgosia forbid I ever wanted to use this..." He muttered. He turned around, facing the wall. He took a deep breath and turned around sharply, giving a warm smile. His eyes glowed a slight pink tinge as an aura started to cloud the shark guard's senses. "Won't you be a dear, and unhand that mermaid?" He whispered, leaning in. And cursing himself for Waverly having to witness this. His hand slipped up to cover Waverly's eyes, saying some more words in reassurance before turning his attention back to the guards.

"You didn't have a warrant correct..? Which means you are in no position to keep that mermaid captive, so I would love it if you just...let go." Akijan managed to pry the guards hands away from Waverly. Hand still covering his eyes. "Aw...thank you. You're a great listener...you do so well..don't you.." He moved his other hand up the arm of one of the guards. "Come on...I'm waiting.." he moved his hand away, as if he was moving away from the guards. Succeeding in them leaving the house. He left Waverly there, having to finish the guards before recoupling with Waverly. After the guards left, he entered the house once more. Closing and re-locking the door, muttering something under his breath as he went to see Waverly. Checking him over and asking if he was ok.

“I mean I’ve never had anything taste like it so I guess so.” Waverley took another sip of the drink enjoying the taste it left and the aromas surrounding it

Waverley turned to the Kelpie and admired it where it stood, he’s never seen one in the flesh before. But as all things as soon as it was there it was gone again he nodded in agreement with Kolohe, they were renowned for the reliability in mail delivery.

“Is everything okay?” Waverley asked as he watched her expression change ever so slightly.
But soon enough she waved him off and was back talking with Jacques.

Waverley sunk Into the clam chair a little more “well, yeah…sorta I guess that’s the crux of it all.” He shrugged. While Jacques scoffed at Kolohes comment “dreams are for wimps it’s all or nothing… besides I have all I need already why would I need to dream, I mean who said we was going along with shrimp boy?” He folded his arms looking away wanting to get out of here as soon as possible he was done with Kolohe gushing over Waverley and his fanatical dream chase.

Waverley pulled the gift close to him and smiled softly “thank you Akijan, no one has ever been this thoughtful or kind to me it really means a lot you’d do this, in fact all that you have for me it’s above and beyond I just wish there was some way I could pay you back, for all you’ve done I’d give you the skin of this tail of mine” he chuckled.

Waverley watched Akijan before heading to his room noticing the change in him but didn’t dwell on it too much, just thought he may be tired or had a long stressful day since when all is said and done he did wreck his ship oops!

Waverley tried with all his might to break free from the shark guards but truth be told he knew he was weak, malnourished and fragile from being in shackles much, he hardly had time to build any strength, so his attempts to wriggle out were pretty feeble. He looked up seeing Akijan and tried to yell him once more but the guard hit him silent.

The head shark guard swam over to Akijan “what seems to be your problem? Oh a warrant?” He laughed in AkiJan’s face “please this was merely a misunderstanding we are here under sea section 34890 that Waverley was deemed missing and was in the missing fish list, his father was worried that someone had taken him and in the wrong hands could put him into an Asylum. For his constant insanity pleas” he bowed his head.

Waverley at the back wasn’t happy still thrashing “I’m not crazy! I never have been!” The shark guard rolled his eyes “ehem, anyways the boy is under a protection of his father and by all accounts you were last seen at the kelp manor yesterday no? Collecting money as Waverley here destroyed your ship? His father believes your holding him hostage as you threatened his son Sol saying you hadn’t been given enough money so using this merboy as leverage, I know you know my brother Sammy quite well from your travels here Mr Volturi. I don’t like to be this way with you but your odds are stacking up against you.” He frowned looking at him.

As the head shark guard got a call from one of the others he nodded to Akijan and headed out the front door, leaving the guards handling Waverley to their own devices, they started to torture him, cutting into his fin to see if it hurt which surprise, surprise it did! He tried wriggling and they began teasing him “who’s a pretty merboy, huh shouldn’t have been a boy with your feminine features, mermaids are suppose to be girls anyways look at you wanna go on a date pretty boy!” They teased him even though Waverley clearly seemed in distress as he begged them to stop. But all the guards were restless still going at it until Akijan stepped in.

The guards holding Waverley couldn’t take their eyes off AkiJan what was happening? They didn’t know they felt strange? Confused but overall unable to stop themselves from doing what he said, as he said it so sweetly too!

Waverley looked confused and even more so distressing more as AkiJan placed his hands over his eyes, but slowly stopped as his words soothed his overreacting mind.

The guards shock their head “no we did not, we were told to come here.” One guard said the other piped up “I have a family to feed you know I just didn’t want to loose my paycheque he offered a lot to get him back to his prison cell.” He shook his head. The other returned the look back to AkiJan as he sweet talked them, they both released Waverley dropping him instantly to the sand with a ‘oof’ as his fin hit the sand.
the guard brushed his arm from AkiJan’s touch blushing slightly, as he followed AkiJan the other following closely behind until they were out of the house.

Waverley coughed some sand getting down the back of his throat as he was dropped and the particular reaching up his nose causing him to sneeze a few times he sighed “well this sucks!” He looked up seeing Akijan “erm I guess thanks are in order again..but erm, first things first…was you flirting with those guards?” He asked curiously “I honestly wouldn’t have seen you the type to be into guys or whatever…IM NOT JUDGING… just curious you know cause you know what you did you didn’t want me to see? Are you embarrassed? Don’t be I think about guys too….” He paused “NOT LIKE I MEAN NO.. well I don’t know but it’s fine I don’t think of them things I just…” suddenly he yelped as he turned over and his fin was cut open, deep and bleeding. He grabbed hold of it inspecting it then asking “have you got any of that magic stuff you used for my back?” He sat the flinching as the pain starting to increase. “Oh almost forgot…good morning by the way!” He chuckled nervously holding his injured fin close to him.

Last edited:
"Well, I'll pass on that but no need to repay me back. It's a kind gesture I wanted to give, no strings attached. Sure you're free to repay me in some way or form, but know it's not required. I wanted to do something for you, and I did." He ruffled Waverly's hair, giving him a soft smile before turning away and retiring to his bedroom. Slowly biting into the seaweed bar with mild annoyance. He didn't mind them, they tasted good. But they didn't taste as good as a fresh mermaid tail...nah, It's better not to think about that. Or else he might snap, and well. That's not a good look for a fish with already so much trauma. Don't want to be added onto the list of "WOW. YOU HURT ME."

Akijan was pissed as hell seeing the shark guards, and seeing them handle Waverly like that? Hell nah, he ain't standing by that or for that. Though he wasn't sure what power he could do besides...that one. Curse his Nymph genes, useful but oh are they awkward as hell... He gave a stare, clearly not amused by the sharks attempt at a joke. "A misunderstanding? I'm not sure how this-" He hissed, waving his arm at Waverly and the wrecked house. "Is a misunderstanding. You don't just break into someone's house under the guise of a misunderstanding. Now start talking or fists go flying." He muttered, arms crossed as he stared down the guard.

"Missing, missing under the fish list? Insanity? Har, har. What a joke. I'm reeling and dying of laughter." He shot back sarcastically before going on a tangent about the multiple recounts of abuse and negligence from Waverly's father. "Now, you can't tell me this a-hole of a father is worried or scared for his son. You're joking." He seethed. "Hostage. You think i'm trying to threaten his father for money or whatever else." He rubbed the temples of his forehead. Clearly ready to punch one of them. "And what proof do you have, a narcissistic father and a son with the I.Q of a sea slug? My odds may be stacking against me but at least i'm not dimwitted fools, blinded by bribes and lies."

Akijan saw what they were doing to Waverly and his face turned red, he was utterly disgusted at this point. Screw his disdain towards his extra power, he has some pieces of garbage to deal with. He rubbed his hands and eyes, his iris's glowing pink and his hands caused his body to have a nice pink tint to it, using their first reaction of confusion and disarray, he reached for Waverly, rubbing a comforting circles on his back as he soothed Waverly. "Just close your eyes, i'll be busy and I don't think you want to see this.." He whispered, slowly pushing him away from the Guards and towards the house. "Is that so..? Just to see little 'ol me? How cute.." He whispered, leaning in close. Though he was silently retching on the inside.

After he got the guards to leave, he entered the house, shutting the door behind him with a thud as he shook himself. The power now fading and his eyes returned to a normal colour. "Nevermind that, i'll tell you later. Let's just get you fixed up. They are so disgusting with how they treated you." He muttered. Rummaging through a cabinet as he pulled out a whole drawer of medical supplies. "Course I do kiddo, I see so many of the youngsters get banged up, having advanced medical supplies is a must." He chuckled. Turning Waverly around, humming quietly as he slowly patched Waverly's fin and other cuts and wounds that he had sustained as well as in the past that needed help being healed. He rubbed the solution in, after quickly cleaning the wound and the blood left in the water as to not attract any predators. Or get himself riled up.

"It's going to burn, you can hold my arm. Just try not to clench your teeth, you might bite your tongue or lip." He held out his arm for Waverly to grab as he slowly used a swab to get all the nooks and crannies. "It's just a cut from a rock so it should be healed by this evening, with a scar of course. I'll wrap it in some bandages, I would suggest to replace them if you see blood leak through. Even if it's just a tiny bit. Not too tight of course, don't want to cut off the blood supply. That would just lead to more problems." He explained calmly, wrapping a bandage over the fin. "Good morning as well, hope you slept well besides the interruption this morning. We are running a bit late, hope you packed." He said. FInishing up wrapping the two layers of bandages as well as applying a sealant so it wouldn't get unraveled or break easily. Like a flexible cast.

"And to answer your earlier question, no I was not flirting with the guards. Well, I suppose it looks like that. It's just to trigger the reaction that my power needs for it to be in full effect. If you didn't know, I'm part nymph, which are known to be irresistible. Part of that comes from the aura they exude, which I also got but the plus side, is that it's in the form of a powder. I can exude the powder when I want to and then shake it off like that. Easy as 1...2...3" He explained, reaching for his bag on the coat rack and searching for something in the kitchen cabinets. "Not embarrassed, it's just...well...yes it's embarrassing." He muttered. "You have to be sensual and flirtatious, that's not what I want just anyone to see."

"I mean, are you interested in guys, gals, or whoever else? no shame in it." He shrugged, "Love whoever you want kid. You only got one life to live, live it to the fullest. And that you're happy with." He fished something out from the back of the cabinet, stuffing it into his bag rather quickly. "Kolohe is meeting us rather soon, and then we have to travel to the skull caverns. Get your stuff ready so we can head out as soon as she comes by." He instructed, waving Waverly off as he re-entered his bedroom. Lugging some containers out to set near the front door. "Waverly? Are you ready? Make sure to pack only the necessities, less is better. Though of course your free to bring any memorabilia or something like that, if it's small."

“Well it’s very thoughtful of you, of course I’d love to be able to show my gratitude towards you for all you’ve done for me!” He smiled holding the gift close in one hand swiping AkiJan’s hand from ruffling his hair in the other “hey, enough with the ruffling of the hair!” He giggled.

The shark guard gulped rendered speechless as AkiJan argued back for the half attempted feeble excuse for wrecking the place and placing their fins on Waverley.
“I erm…well..” he tried to explain but before he could things got a little heated in that moment as they watched AkiJan’s reaction.

“Please Mr Volturi, try to understand that yes he was reported missing by his father and we have no reason to suspect otherwise I’m sure you’re aware of who he is no? To question his care for his son isn’t something to be spoken so carefree.” He scoffed
He sighed as Akijan reeled off Waverley’s torment and torture he’d even see himself but the head shark guard sighed “proof? Do you have any to back the allegations of abuse? If you don’t then I can’t take it as truth and your words if wrong will have disastrous consequences for you and Waverley here. So think carefully before you accuse someone of high status.” He scoffed.

Shaking his head at AkiJan he looked around “I don’t think this, this is orders from Waverley’s father and according to him, he is his property. The last thing they caught on the clam cam was you arguing with his son sol and then going off with Waverley and according to Sol you made the mark on his back from slamming him into the rock to “prove your point”.
He stopped “please Mr Volturi, im going to have to ask you to stop with your strong use of wording against the shark guards here. You speak of what you don’t know. We got sent on this, yes no warrant but Waverley is not supposed to be here, Anyways what do you want with the merboy anyways, a hybrid Nymph wanting to protect a merboy? First I’ve heard of anything quite like it.” He spat back out at him looking him up and down. “Perhaps maybe his father gave you the merboy as a slave for payment? Who am I know know I’m just doing my job good sir!” He grumbled.

Waverley tried to calm his panic but as AkiJan’s hands circled his back he instantly felt calmer something like his mother used to do no doubt. “Okay, just please don’t let them take me, I’m not crazy! I promise!” He said slightly frantic, but eased a lot before AkiJan went off and did his thing.
The guards in the meantime blushed at AkiJan’s words sending all sorts of feelings through them mostly lack of control at that point as they let go of Waverley.

Waverley watched Akijan return eyes saddened as he looked up into Alijan’s eyes. “Well this is a day in the life of me…I’m used to it they are specific to taunting me those two, say I look feminine and act girly when I don’t I hang can’t help the way I look you know I get told it’s the hair and…” he stopped playing the black lotus hairpin that Akijan got him.
Waverley sighed “thank you, you’re always prepared for anything if only I could be that organised, also I notice you refer to me as a kid a lot and youngsters but you look only young yourself? How old are you if I may ask?” He watched as Akijan grabbed all the stiff ready. Score he slowly began to start cleaning the wounded fin.

Waverley sighed “im not a wimp I can handle it…” he said confidently though took no time to grab AkiJan’s strong arm holding onto it as the pain raced through him the odd “ooooh, owwww, eeeeek” came from him as he patched him up.
Waverley tried to keep up with all the instructions AkiJan laid out but he truthfully couldn’t keep up she was trying to memorise it but everything seemed to fluster him as he tried to remember “wrap tight,change blood leaks check ohhh, I know I messed that up.” He sighed trying to wrap his head around the words.

As he had his tail finally wrapped up he flexed it a bit with a tiny yelp but started moving it soon after “yeah I slept like a sting ray! And mhm, I was packed last night I’m going on an adventure with my new best friend honestly the most exciting thing to happen in my life!”he clapped his hands looking at akijan
“Thanks Aki, I owe ya again for saving me, honestly people will start calling you my sea captain of hope!” He laughed.

Waverley turned listening to Akijan “oh well that’s an Interesting thing I guess? And pretty irresistible? Oh I mean I can understand why your looks and completions from the Nymph side are stunning I bet everyone fawns over you no? Power or no power?” He asked.
“expendable power at your tips and the fact you can control it, like I need this controlling technique I want to stop wrecking everything but I don’t know how or where to begin.” He sighed looking down at sand below him.

He tilted his head as he looked at him “did you think I would judge you? Think differently of you?” He questioned AkiJan folding his arms. “I’m the last person to judge I mean you’ve seen what I get called no way in heck imma do it to anyone.

He quickly looked at Akijan his face Turing a slight pink “hey this wasn’t about me….but erm I don’t know I was never real lex exposed to relationships other than you can see the one I have at home the only real person loving me was my mother, I guess maybe guys seem more interesting as girls are forbidden to us until it comes to bridal choosing time.” He shrugged silently “well as a merboy it doesn’t seem that simple if your not with a mermaid by the age of 18 your kinda outcasted and fed tk the piranha fish as not being deemed worthy enough to live.. pretty drastic and pretty cruel cause most relationships don’t last…” he sighed.

He swam around gathering his things the excitement could be seen seeping from him. “Of course this is so exciting the famously reefs Narfi, an Interesting character I have no doubt.” He nodded “im ready I’m ready let’s do this is she here yet I think I was born ready for this day. I’m so excited! He swam in place from side to side joyously.
He rummaged his bag checking he had everything once satisfied he swam out to where Akijan was and stood besides him “everything I want and need is in this bad but the most precious item of all is in my hair.” He smiled “by first gift! So where is she? She here yet?” He asked buzzing from the adrenaline rush.

"Yes I'm aware but I highly doubt that matters, he is a political figure sure but that shouldn't mean anything as of right now. We are talking about his son, not him or his status. I swear you folk always like to bring up status in any conversation, even if it's useless. It shouldn't matter if he is some nobody or someone people look up to. I digress, I don't care. I'm going to speak the truth and only the truth, a status means little to me if it isn't a part of the conversation. Would we be having this affair if it was someone less influential? I doubt it because you never care about anything except how much your paid. As expected." He scoffed. "So useless..." He muttered under his breath as he crossed his arms over his chest, giving a judgemental look.

"Property, now you're calling a mermaid property? That's rich." He snickered. "And he deserved it, never in my life have I met someone as arrogant and spoiled as that fish." He muttered under his breath, quiet enough the guards couldn't hear. "Bah, I speak of what I know and my beliefs, I don't speak of lies and fibs, you of all people should know that by now." He sighed, saying something in another language in a sarcastic tone. When asked to repeat what he said but in common seaspeak, he gave a cryptic message in broken grammar. Passing it off as the language barrier as well as what he said doesn't translate well in seaspeak. "Not like you would understand. You aren't the most intellectual of the bunch from what I heard."

"A slave? Hah, you really think that low of Nymphs? How cruel." He scoffed, giving a dismissive wave in annoyance. "And they say they have seen the most progressive mindsets this generation, I suppose some are still stuck in the gutter with old ideologies." He didn't say much more, opting to not go on a tangent, even more so when he has more important things to pay attention to. Such as triggering the reaction from the guards to inhale the powder and get Waverly away from them. Which was a success, thankfully. "You're not crazy, nor will I shove you under the shell just like that. I have better standards then low life tactics and ego boosting moves."

"You have to, when you were the only one there to do anything. Cooking, first aid, anything. I probably have some decent knowledge in it." He gave a chuckle at the comment, patting Waverly's head. "Well, riddle me this. How old do you think I am? Somewhere near your age or older? Or younger but I doubt that you would see me as someone younger than the legal age of eighteen. Unrealistic, but flattering...Somewhat." He gave a smirk, "Are you sure?" He asked. Giving a small hum when Waverly relented. "You don't have to act tough, we both know you hate the burning feeling. I do to, though it's been a while since I felt it."

"I think you did." Akijan gave a snicker as he told Waverly the list again. "Re-wrap the bandages if you see blood bleed through, don't wrap tightly and even if there is not blood visible, still change the wrappings to keep it fresh. If the wound looks closed up, then you can keep the bandages off." He stated, rubbing the solution over another cut he spotted. "Ah, that's great to hear. Now, let's hurry up. Kolohe should be here soon, don't want to keep her waiting yes?" He said, patting Waverly's back as a confirmation he was done as he got up. Heading to the kitchen. "Not the worst title I have gotten, i dig it." He snickered.

"Ah, well then it's hard to find people who like me, for me. I got the skills, the looks and I suppose, the personality. So it's like everyone's dream combined into one. So it's a bit tough to find someone but even then. I'm happy with where I am now, with a partner or not. It's not something I strive to get, wouldn't be upset if I die alone. Just shows that even alone, I can be great at something. Though doing it with someone is sure to give the feels." He packaged something in his bag as well as throwing something away. "Hm, no. I meant that it's quite...intimate and even if it was someone I been friends with for years, I would hate for them to see me like that. So it's not something I enjoy doing, or using. But you were in need, and I had the skills to get you out of it. So I did it, and I don't regret it."

"He quite is, known as the king of the black sea. And other titles but that's one of them that I can think of off the top of my head. He is quite the character, and very influential. Might I say more liked or respected than the main political figures of the sea. That's a person you don't see very often." He commented, tightening his grip on his bag. "You can see her, over there." He pointed to the shadowy figure making a quick pace through the water. Their tale glimmering under the rising sun, flashing colours across the water, reflecting the glittery scales. Purples and blues as well as the faintest hint of pink as Kolohe showed up at the door, tapping against the window.

Akijan opened the door and there was Kolohe, looking the same but now there was a kelp laurel adorning her head, as well as jewelry on her neck, adoring her ears and wrists. Her body makes soft jingles whenever she moves due to the pieces of jewelry hitting against each other. "Heyyy! It's Kolohe in the house! What's up??" She squealed, doing a small circle around Akijan. "The water is so warm here unlike the Ghetto! And it's so pretty, and beautiful! LIke a gem!! I really need to visit more." She sighed, leaning against Akijan. "Well I'm here now, and you know time doesn't stop. So what are we waiting for? Let's go!!" She grabbed Waverly's hand and spun him around, giggling as she did before leading him away from the house. Akijan followed closely behind, giving a small smile as Kolohe dragged Waverly around, making him do spins and other tricks. Though stopped when she saw him looking a bit sick.

“Mr, Volturi please resist the urge to raise your tone to me about statuses as if you’re not using your authoritative tone to over rule someone ie me’s rank than yours. Learn your place Nymph!” The shark guard scoffed.
He waved his finger infront of a AkiJan “I will not say this again, now watch your tongue on how you speak to officials, wavering money talking about bribery how dare you accuse of such nonsense. Another thing to add to your list.” He scoffed turning his head holding his nose up.

The shark guard rolled his eyes “again Mr Volturi, I’m only repeating what’s been said, I’m here to do my job so please stay in your place, he’s not yours, you haven’t decided to keep it! So there for under sea law 234 you are detaining his fathers property which is infact Waverley here.” He looked at AkiJan “besides we all know mermaids are only good for their meat selling a small fortune to the landers above us.isn’t right but isn’t wrong either in the eyes of sea biding law” He shrugged.

The shark guard removed his hat and sighed “I asked you nicely Mr Volturi, I won’t ask you again or we will have to take you with us.”
He looked AkiJan up a down but your not just any Nymph are you Mr Volturi? Your a hybrids and from the family you’re from I wouldn’t put it passed you.” He looked over and down at his hands “I don’t know quite what you mean…”

Waverley looked at AkiJan breathing rather rapidly as he didn’t take his eyes off him “you promise? I heard that’s the reassuring thing to do to promise, I know you won’t and you will protect me you could have left me at any given time but yet you chose to help and gave me a sacred token of your caring. I know, I just…ahh forget it, it’s just the fishy sheesh stuff from then on about how your the only friend I had yadaydayda…”

Waverley smiled at AkiJan “well you do make a valid point man i can’t wait to try your cooking, what’s your favourite thing to eat? There’s gotta be something you like more than anything, me anything with seaweed that stuff is deee-licous!” He said licking his lips.

“Hmmm..” he pondered for a second “well erm, with your motherly instinct and the fact you did so much already maybe twenties early like twenty one or two?” He questioned nervous about his answer.
“Yes I’m sure!” He sighed as he reacted and looked at AkiJan “I know, I know glad I’m not the only one who feels it, but when your constantly called feminine a girl and shrimp all the time, though I’m starting to accept I am to a point it’s just no one gets it…especially when they think your crazy for being able to foresee things…” he looked away a tiny yelped could be heard as he clung tighter to AkiJan’s arm.

“Right….I got this, I can remember it…just run by the first part once more and I think I got it!” He asked, in the shape of a plea more than a question.
“Thanks Aki again, it’s funny I’ve never had anyone care for me and I certainly have never met someone like you before, honestly your the only one who has given me hope, made me feel safe and truth be told the only one who hasn’t hurt me,’your a great guy Aki. Thank you!” He smiled patting him on the shoulder grabbing his small messenger bag adjusting it over his shoulder “im already ahead of you, thanks for patching me up, i probably look like the swimming dead but erm! I’m ready!”
“Hey what would you rather that or my hero? Take your pick?” He snickered back.

Waverley tilted his head looking at AkiJan “I see that makes sense, though you put it like that what would you prefer? Also is there like any rules stating that you have to be with your own kind? Like I know mermaids have to stay with mermaid boring as heck if you ask me. Like explain why my father is freaking out he’s worried other species with fry me up and put me on the dark market. Sell me off cheap. Well that’s why the said happened to my mother, he claims she cheated on him with another type of fish who ended up killing her and selling her tail meat of fin im not sure. But I think he used that story to scare me.. so yeah…” he looked down playing with the lotus in his hair “yeah thank you for that i appreciate it I can understand that it can seem a little uncomfortable, don’t worry though no judgment here I just appreciate you’d go to lengths to save me.”

Waverley placed his chin in his palms listening to AkiJan explain about Narfi who they were not long away from meeting he was excited beyond means “wow, definitely fascinating if you ask me I know Ubel and Jacques were worried but honestly, don’t people like him liek to talk about them and their success and All that stuff or is that just my father cause I can totally see it just being a him thing but yeah…. I hope he can spare time for us.” He nodded.
He waved his hand in the air to wave her down even though there was a window between them, greeting her as soon as she pulled up in front of AkiJan’s place.

As Kolohe grabbed Waverley’s hand she spun him and he laughed and giggled also as it kept going and going doing spins and tricks until “Ms Kolohe can I stop I think I’m gonna be sick..” he said quickly dropping his hand from hers and holding it over his mouth while he composed himself.

As they made their way to the skull caves Waverley asked his many questions, while they laughed and joked and even chomped down on a small seaweed bar hoping internally that Kolohe had bought some with her.

Jacques in the small distance saw them arriving and sighed dropping his sea coral broom he swam over to Narfi’s place before they arrived and snuck around looking around for Ubel “ubee, ub’s UBBBBBBS!” He yelled in a hushed tone. “Hope Narfi hasn’t made him kelp good yet l, I never got my morning hug or my fish buscuits…..ohhhhh never mind!” He looked at the table at a fresh batch of fish biscuits and he sat at the table and started to munch away on them not even feeling the shadow of the presence right behind him.

Akijan gave a blank look, as if deep in thought. "Ah, well. I enjoy everything, nothing sticks out to me more than another. I'm not particular with what I eat or cook so it's just whatever is available at the time." He said, giving a dismissive shrug. Not seeming too interested in sharing something as simple and irrelevant as that. "Seaweed is a good choice, I do enjoy it but it doesn't sustain me as other things would. Just some snack that would quench just the tiny bit of my hunger." He didn't delve further in, changing the topic quickly into another discussion. Answering with short replies or small hums of interest. "Is that so? You didn't strike me as the type. Though as you explain it, it makes more sense."

"Ah, I see." Akijan gave a nod as he fished something out of a small box that had been knocked over when the guards stormed into the house. "Well, I hope I don't disappoint you but I am in fact, your age." A grin formed on his face when he saw Waverly's shocked face. "That jaw dropping? I didn't know my age could do that. But yes, I'm eighteen. Though older by a couple...months from the look of it." He gave a murmur of agreement but didn't say much more. Working in silence as he patched Waverly up. "Makes sense, though it's quite disgusting if you think about it but what do you expect." He gave a small shrug as he grabbed his bag. "Being a hybrid, it's a bit tougher. Since most want their offspring to marry with another pureblood of the same species. So really, my only option is someone who doesn't care about being pureblood, or a hybrid in general."

"Well, he is particular and quite rude and blunt. So that does turn some people a bit sour, as well as his very unforgiving demeanor. You shouldn't take my word or anyone else's for that matter, you believe what you see. And hear. Make your own judgement, but I wouldn't take him lightly but hey, as I said before. See who he is for how you see him as." He went to the door when he heard Kolohe knock against the window. Opening it for Kolohe to swoop in and grab Waverly. Spinning him around and flashing her scales against the warm water. Making light dance across the water, reflecting off anything. When Waverly asked her to stop, she did quickly. Instead pestering him and playing with his hair as she chatted him up.

"And look! There it is!! Skull caverns!!! What a sight to see?!" She clasped her hands together, her bangles and arm bracelets clanking together to make a harmonious tone. "Narfi should be in the farthest stretches of the caverns, which is quite a drag to get through. You can get lost easily and might wander all the rooms foreverrrrr! How dreadful!!" She complained, swimming up to the entrance and beckoning Waverly and Akijan in. "Let's take a visit to see Jacques! He should be probably prowling one of the rooms that Narfi has control over!" When Waverly got near her, she grabbed his hand. Quickly flying through the long winding hallways and sharp turns. "Hope you don't get sick going fast!! It's going to be one wild ride!!" She shouted gleefully.

Inside skull caverns, Ruthven was busy swimming around, not for any particular reason mind you. He was bored, to be frank. It wasn't everyday he was able to watch his twin embark on a possibly life changing journey. Without someone to use as a punching bag, he was going to be bored out of his mind. So when he noticed his brother's boyfriend visit the caverns, most likely looking for Ubel. As well as Jacques shouting his name, he saw it as a good opportunity to sneak up and scare the living daylights out of him. Just so coincidentally, he had left a platter of fish biscuits for Jacques to snack on.

Ruthven sneaked up behind Jacques before grabbing his arms and pinning him against the wall, Jacques was facing the wall so he couldn't see the face of his attacker. "Now what are you doing here? Trying to find your dear Ubel? Well tough luck mate, he isn't here." Ruthven let go of Jacques quickly when he started to struggle and yell. "He is with the boss as of right now, and the boss ain't taking no visitors so you gotta wait like everyone else." He tossed fruit in the air and ate them in rapid succession. "Say, you're dating my brother as of..what. A day now? Your going to have to put up with me if you wanna be accepted. Ain't no one just swooping in and taking my twin under my nose like that." He scoffed, poking Jacques in the chest. "What do you find endearing about Ubel? He is just some eel, a lapdog. What made you want to date him?" He inquired, pestering Jacques while they both waited for Ubel.

Kolohe stopped at a huge boulder, blocking the entrance to presumably Narfi's area of the caverns. "We are here!!" She grinned, waving her arm enthusiastically at the boulder. "The home of our lord, Narfi! Oh how long it's been since I last visited!!" She fawned over Narfi before straightening up, making sure she looked presentable before knocking on the boulder. There was a voice coming from the inside, speaking in a foreign tongue. She responded eagerly, Waverly could pick out some words. Mostly along the lines of them requesting the presence of Narfi as well as Ubel and Jacques who she knew were in there. After another small back and forth, the boulder slowly made way. Waverly could see the caverns were much darker and less lit than the main hub of pathways. Anglerfish lined the hallway, their luminescent bulbs being the only source of light.

When slowly making their way through the main hallway, having one hand the walls as guidance, Waverly noticed they were rocky and coarse. Rough and uncomfortable but if one let go, they would be lost forever. Looking up, he could see other fish swimming in what looked to be a ceiling or a translucent second floor. Their soft and coordinated glows made it look like he was looking at the stars. Constellations could be spotted as well as mini galaxies. Quite mesmerising. Akijan had a small hold on Akijan's other hand to make sure he wouldn't get lost as they kept moving through the murky water. When they got closer to where the main pathway branched off, the water became clearer and easier to breathe. Yet the temperature dropped tremendously. Kolohe gave a shiver before a small giggle. "I forgot, Narfi likes his main quarters freezing cold, so beware. But at least we know we are going the right way! If the water gets warmer, then we are heading the opposite of our goal. And the walls, smoother now aren't they?" She asked. Patting it a couple times with her hands. "How are you doing Waverly? I would assume you're not accustomed to cold waters?"

Waverley nodded “it’s okay I’m used to others judging me so I don’t judge even if he is mean there’s probably hundreds of reasons why? Everyone has their own backstory you know, who is someone like me to judge…do you think we should take him a thank you for talking to us gift?” He questioned.
As Kolohe arrived and they headed on down to Skull cavern, Kolohe finally stopped spinning Waverley instead playing with his hair, causing him mild embarrassment, a few questions leaving him lost for words not in the best way but he allowed her to do so, seemed a not so good idea to get in her bad side.

Waverley looked upon Skull caverns, it was as most people in passing described a bit more colder than he thought but it couldn’t get much colder right? They followed be hind Kolohe, Waverley making sure to stay close to her and Akijan at all times, he wasn’t afraid of much but knew being alone in a place like this his find would be served on a golden platter. The idea didn’t thrill him much so was best to stay together for now.
Waverley nodded though reluctantly, he wasn’t the biggest fan of Jacques but nethertheless obliged as she grabbed his hand “wild…what…now?” Was all he gasped as she sped them through the twists and turns of all the hallways.
Waverley felt sick though he didn’t say it his face said otherwise, hoping that any moment now they would come to a halt…he hoped.

Jacques who adored fish biscuits was quite happy munching away on them oblivious to anything until out of nowhere he was thrusted against the wall face first “hey, let go of me!” He tried struggling to turn but to no avail.
“Huh, Ruthven what the heck man?” He questioned as he was let go, quickly brushing himself down “as a matter of fact I was looking for Ubel, I assumed when I had no response he was busy so I decided to chow down on the fish biscuits instead…anyways what’s it to you? Ruthy…” he said swimming over to grab another fish biscuit sitting Down to resume where he started.

Jacques blushed for a moment “he told you already? There is literally nothing you two don’t keep from each other, gotta remember that.” He swam around Ruthven his arms leaning on him as he did “Ruthy,Ruthy,Ruthy im not snatching him, I know your both a package deal I mama how long have you known me and the big guy doing business? Like what seems forever you know me and I know you, your too busy in your little world ogling Narfi, you never have time for Ubel anymore but the one teeny tiny time Ubel gets a small bit of attention you don’t like it!” He scoffed making emphasis to eat a fish biscuit in his face.

“He’s not just some eel, nor is he just some lapdog…he’s Narfi’s lapdog…anyways I see more than just what you see, he’s kind, sweet has the best jokes known to fish, he’s witty, pretty and someone I adore I have for awhile… not that it’s any of your business Ruthy…. But I don’t need your approval, I’ll like him no matter what you or Narfi say, even if he can’t be with me won’t stop me loving that slippery eel!” He smiled poking Ruthven back in the chest.

As the approached the entrance Watching Kolohe stop and make herself presentable for Narfi, Waverley watched taking a glance back at AkiJan confused he didn’t understand woman needing to look presentable for some guy, was he really that eye appealing? He wondered.

Waverley unsure of some words being said in exchange between the two only catching on to a few things waited until the boulder moved and opened for them. He looked through seeing how dark it was, now was the time he started questioning everything was this really where the great Narfi lived or were they sending him to eternal death shrouded in darkness to never be found again. He kept the thoughts to himself as they started to make their way into the darkness.

Waverley gulped deeply as he shuffled against the wall, holding onto the wall with one hand he was slowly moving but the feeling of dread that was looming over him disappeared as he liked up being mesmerised by the fishes about looking like a galaxy he’d never seen at thing quite like it.
He was quite jumpy for his being off balance and off senses that when they started reaching the murkier waters Waverley Yelped as he felt AkiJan’s hand hold his so that they didn’t loose him. Though he reassured him he still felt mighty jumpy.

As they made it through and the water got clearer Waverley sighed with relief though now there was a new thing to worry about the temperature it was freezing cold, he didn’t wear clothes, his fin wasn’t exactly anything other than full on flesh? The cold was belting on his bare skin, causing him to experience shuddering cold temperatures for the first time.
His body involuntarily shaking he turned to Akijan “what is happening what’s going on?” He asked as his teeth chattered and he folded his arms holding himself to try and contain some warmth, though there was little to be found.
He turned back to Kolohe “I’m not used to this at all I’ve only ever been in the warmer parts didn’t know it could get this Deadly cold, you sure I won’t freeze my tail off here?” He asked sorry struck his face. “Let’s just hope he wants to talk and we can get there sooner maybe there will be a chance that it’ll be warmer when we see him right?” He liked between AkiJan and Kolohe and the look on her face face him the answer he didn’t want to hear, hanging his head low holding his arms to him noticing his tail feeling a little stiffer than it did a few moments ago he grabbed hold of AkiJan’s arm turning to him “may need some assistance to get thee my tail is starting to now work so good in sub level temperatures!” He giggled slightly though the pain could be seen in his eyes as his wounds starting to become sore and the tips of his tail starting to become numb as they made their way to where Narfi was.

"A thank you gift? Well I suppose it is of good conduct to present him with one. Thank you for the suggestion." Akijan left Waverly in the foyer as he presumably left to go fetch a gift to give to Narfi. He came back, holding a small glass container filled with fish swimming around. "He enjoys fish as a delicacy, getting him on our good side this one time wouldn't be bad." He commented, gingerly putting it in his bag and went on his way with Kolohe and Waverly. "Don't go making him throw up because your hyperactive self wants to toss him around like a beachball. Not everyone can keep up with your stamina." Akijan said, giving a dismissive wave towards Kolohe. She giggled at the comment, still playing with Waverly's hair. "What products do you use?? It's just soooo fluffy!" She gushed, moving her hand through it. "It's like a cloud! Oh please share your secrets!!" Akijan interjected, noting that most of it was most likely the mermaid genes as they were notorious for being flawless and jaw dropping with their physical beauty.

Ruthven gave a scoff. "You need to do better than just a plain 'ol get off me to actually do anything." Ruthven remarked, letting Jacques go. "Well of course captain obvious. Yelling someone's name when you don't want to see them is just plain gibberish." He sighed, throwing his hands in the air, experspated. "Ugh, nothing. Just playing Mr. Sherlock as a matter of fact, Ubel didn't tell me you two were dating. You know how he is, can be read like an open book. So it was easy to tell that something happened, positively and negatively when he came back. Speaking of which, did you say anything to break his heart? He seemed quite distressed when he came back." He muttered, crossing his arms.

"Of course you know that, it's not like you haven't been friends with us for who knows how long." Ruthven smirked, nudging Jacques in the chest. "Business? More like you're smooching off the boss for no reason. And besides, when was the last time you did anything helpful for us?" He turned away before giving a disgusted face. "Don't you just say that, we aren't talking about me. We are talking about Ubel and you, not me." He stuck his tongue out, giving a nasty look. "And who says you know everything? God Ubel knows how to pick the stupid and arrogant types." He swiped the fish biscuit from Jacques's mouth and threw it away. Giving a smug look at Jacques.

"Oh, the water is getting colder. The skull caverns are larger than they look like, so that means when you go deeper in, the colder the water becomes. You get used to it, but those who visited for the first time who aren't attune to cold temperatures suffer.' Akijan took off his coat and handed it to Waverly, helping him into it but never letting go of his hand. "I hope that's better, mermaids and other species who are used to living near the surface are quite..sensitive to large temperature changes." He noted, as they made their way further down below. He kept spouting out random and useless facts about fish species.

Kolohe gave a laugh, "I can't promise anything but with us, I doubt it. But that doesn't mean others haven't perished. Narfi doesn't like weak links taking up his time so that's why if you feel for the lower ground, I bet you can come across some skeletons of the unfortunate folk. They do get cleared out..sometimes. Well, now that I think about it. I kinda doubt it! I haven't seen the cleaners in forever. Not that I really come here that often but I digress!" She gave a twirl, running her webbed fingers over the smooth wall. "Nope! As I told you before, he likes his place nice and cold. It's like a comforting blanket for him! You are just someone in his house uninvited so he won't make accommodations. But unless you're the lucky one, every so often he requests your presence. Then he will be more of a hospitable host."

"But even then, it's kinda rare to gain his favour. Well scratch that, it's really impossible. He is quite particular and a bit intimidating but never say never!" She waved her hands dramatically, emphasizing her point. "Aw, is your tail getting numb?" She questioned, grabbing Waverly's tail and tapped it with her finger. "Wow, it really is. No problemo! Just sprinkle some of this on and you should feel it heating up!" She reached into her bag and held out a brightly glowing orange dust. "It works for what..an hour or so?" She frowned. Spreading the dust over his tail and body. Watching his face slowly regain colour. "Neat huh!? It's super helpful so that's why I have a pouch full of it, and the colder version of it."

It felt like forever but in reality, it was only ten minutes after some more twists and turns. As well as deciding which route to go as supposedly Narfi's location always changed. When they reached the final room, the entrance was covered by some seaweed. Kolohe got through it with ease, spotting Jacques and Ruthven a bit deeper into the room. She shouted for their attention, waving frantically as Akijan and Waverly followed close behind. "Hellllllo!!! We have arrived!! Is Narfi busy??" She asked, gesturing towards the two behind her. Though was quickly saddened when she heard Narfi was with someone already. "Aww, that's no fun. I guess we have to wait. Do you know how long?" She sat on a stone chair, eating a shrimp that was on the platter.

Waverley shrugged “I just thought considering we’re going really uninvited it might just show a little respect to him you know?”
Waverley looked inside the container Akijan held and looked up “you mean he collects fish?” He asked concerned on AkiJan’s definition of ‘delicacy’.

After being spun a few times hearing AkiJan telling Kolohe to stop seemed the best thing in that moment, he tried catching his breath floating still for a moment. When she was playing with his hair he felt mildly awkward for one how close she was and two the fact she wouldn’t leave it alone. “Errm I don’t do nothing with it just brush it with the dinglehopper twice a day and wash it that’s pretty much it.” He sighed before AkiJan interjected explain about mermaid genes, which again from the compliments made him blush once more.

Jacques turned quickly scoffing “well it still worked didn’t it Tch!” He floated around Ruthven poking him each time “well obviously you know you claim I’m the dumbest around these parts but that answer clearly matches you with me Ruthy, nice one….” He snickered but quickly sighed looking down “ahhh carp! Kelp, guess I let that one slip but you know you were bound to find out sooner or later.” He shrugged “nice going Sherlock!”
Jacques stoped in his place seeing read pinning Ruthven to the floor “how dare you think I’d do anything to break his heart, a lot of carp went down yesterday it’s probably the toll of them events I’d never say anything to hurt my Ubee and the fact you even think that disgusts me I thought you knew me better than that… other dings occurred it’s probably that!” He huffed turning away from Ruthven.

“Exactly…you’ve known me how long.” He tried counting but gave up quickly after he reached five. “Smooching off the boss? he questioned “oh it’s an us now? I thought Narfi didn’t want to be associated as a We still trying to smooch the boss now are we? Don’t change the subject on the last thing I done, I keep the mess outta this place so I do something everyday under my contract he gave me that I could live here, I paid my clam shell off so leave off stirring stuff cause your bored and for once your brother is getting the attention, or you just sad he’s with Narfi right now…” he smirked.
Jacques swam up close to Ruthven “yeah but end of the day Ruthy still comes down to you, why aren’t you happy for your brother hmm? Besides I’m not that stupid, if I was I definitely wouldn’t have fallen for your brother he’s the only thing that was a sensible choice of mine.” He smirked for all of two seconds before Ruthven took his seaweed bar and threw it away marking Jacques very sad.

Waverley shuddered as they made their way though listening to Akijan explain about fish species and facts that he didn’t even know it truly was fascinating to hear about “wow your jacket, this is an honour indeed” he rushed helping Akijan place it on him and he didn’t let go of AkiJan’s hand either but used to other to wrap the jacket tighter to him. The warmth though didn’t last too long was a lovely feeling “thanks Aki, saving me again, you’re gonna get real tired of doing that soon you know!” He chuckled.
“Yeah only ever been higher never been lower so to say I was shocked yeah should have put two and two together though. My bad” he shrugged.

Waverley gulped hearing Kolohe tell about the unfortunate folk and Waverley’s mind went wild thinking of all the scenarios and worry in his head, still that small thought at the back of his mind wondering if he will make it out alive or be abandoned to these depths.
He sighed “I mean I gathered that much just didn’t think he was that much into the cold, didn’t really know anyone could survive in these temperatures to be quite honest..” he swam through following them closely the only warmer part of him was his hand where Akijan was holding it and his upper bold had the chill taken away from AkiJan’s jacket but his tail wasn’t fairing so we’ll but he kept on going a bit further.

“So you’re saying all this could be massively useless and we get nothing to take joke apart from frost bite?” He sighed “I guess you guys did warn me at least we can give him a nice gift and I’ll have seen him in the flesh I guess that’s something.”

Waverley found himself struggling to swim forward but more stationary as his tail started to become numb “yeah a tad” he said not actually explaining how bad it was until Kolohe tapped it herself and pulled out some weird looking powder stuff that had Waverley questioning how it would work but at this point he was willing to Try anything as with each second his tail got harder to move.

He started to feel the heat rushing through his body and feeling like he could move more freely and didn’t feel like he was going to freeze on the spot forever no more he smiled “thanks Kolohe! That stuff really is neat!” He followed closely behind but thinking “maybe they both really are helping me and they really are going to become good friends, they say Kolohe is mean but she’s been nothing but lovely Aki also… why are fishes so judgemental…guess father was wrong about everything.”

Jacques was pinning Ruthven to the ground eating a seaweed bar infront of him while sitting on him pinning a wriggling Ruthven “I can’t hear you Ruthy over the sound of this fish biscuit!” He snickered but stoped when he heard Kolohe’s voice “oh no…” he shrugged letting Ruthven go.
“Yup the boss is busy and is always busy I thought someone like you knew that.” He scoffed standing behind Ruthven “yo Ruthy this is your department, you know lapdog and stuff tell em what they need to know! Imma finish my fish biscuits while I wait for my Ubee!” He sat in the corner munching away while the others waiting for Narfi’s next available slot. Waverley looked around nervously ‘we have an hour or else I’m gonna be frozen and then what will he think frozen mermaid pathetic can’t talk to him waste of time and all this would be for nothing.’

"Yes, of course. My bad, totally forgot we are bringing you with us. He doesn't...well know you well so you should be the one to give the gift. I can hold it for you though." Akijan smiled as he placed the container in his bag. "Er...no. He doesn't collect fish in jars. He enjoys...eating them." Akijan said carefully, watching Waverly's face for any sign of reaction. "Octopus are known for eating things such as starfish, fish and other octopuses. He enjoys fish because well. They're a delicacy." He explained. "Carnivores..do exist. I'm not sure what your father told you of them but they usually are found in the skull caverns and the Ghetto. Just..a heads up. That's why those considered prey should stay wary of the area. Don't worry though, Narfi won't eat you if that's what you're worrying about." He said quickly.

Akijan gave a look. "An honour? For a jacket? I mean you could buy..what. The same one in a store for tens of sand dollars. It ain't nothing fancy mate." He chuckled as he patted Waverly down. "Ah, don't worry about it. It's nothing big, and besides. You need it." He smiled, patting Waverly's head. "It's alright. It will take you a while to get used to the cold waters. While Kolohe is used to warm waters, living in the Ghetto does something to ya." He joked, Kolohe gave a snort at this. "It wasn't my decision to live in that dump. Just happened to have everything I needed. Sucks they never clean that place. You remember it, Waverly, the water is suffocating and so dirty. Ugh what a headache. But I guess the perks are worth it in the end..."

"Octopus living situations are crazy!" Kolohe complained. "I can't understand how he lives here twenty four seven!" She then went on a rant about the area. Complaining how cold and dark it was as well as it being gross. Though she did state the water was the most clear and breathable she had ever been in. Even clearer than that near the surface. "I suppose that's a perk that comes with no one living down here besides him, so there is less pollution and other...things. I ain't no scientist." She frowned. "Welllllllll. I wouldn't say that. Is there a chance for him to turn us away? Yes. But it's low. He isn't the type to diss someone like us for no reason." She said confidently. When Waverly mentioned he was getting numb, she quickly took out the powder and sprinkled it over him.

"No worries! It's a life savour sometimes. And incredibly useful! If you're going on any journey, this is a definite must." She proclaimed. Waving her hands to emphasise her point. As they entered the main entrance, she shouted for Jacques and waved a hello to Ruthven. "Oh come on.." She complained. "Sometimes he isn't. Do you know when he will be free? This isn't urgent but unless we want a frozen fish stick, WHICH I KNOW NO ONE WANTS, we need to hurry." She exclaimed. Sitting on a stool and lunging for a bunch of sea grapes. Crunching on them as she leaned against the table. Ruthven stuck his tongue out before turning to Akijan and Waverly. "He should be done fairly quickly, and no i'm not his lap dog." He hissed, spitting the last part towards Jacques. "Please take a seat though, he wouldn't want his guests standing."

There was a huge thud that shook the room, everyone went silent before they could sense someone swimming out. Ubel appeared, he seemed quite content, no strong emotions could be seen on his face. He stopped when he noticed Kolohe dramatically waving at him. "Ah, did I miss something?" He asked. Staring at Ruthven who caught him up to speed. "Ah, I see then. Narfi will take you, just head down that way and wait till he calls you in." He explained, sitting next to Ruthven and giving Jacques a small squeeze on the arm. "Hello, I hope I didn't keep you waiting for long." He replied, taking a urchin that was sitting on a platter and cracked it open. Taking the gonads and chewing on them.

Akijan took Waverly's hand and led him down the path with Kolohe following close behind. When they reached the presumed entrance, Akijan took out the platter filled with fish and handed it to Waverly. They stayed there in silence before Narfi called out for them to enter. When they did, they saw the end of his tentacles curling around an unidentifiable object. He was sitting higher up, his face covered by a layer of darkness. His chair is quite grand, made out of stone mixed with green and blue coloured gemstones. They glittered under the softlight that was found in the water. They couldn't see much else in the room as it was blacked out. Akijan sat on the ground, Kolohe following closer. Ushering Waverly to give Narfi the gift before joining them on the ground. When Waverly handed the gift to Narfi. He took it quickly. Inspecting it. "Fish..Ironic coming from a fish derived species." Narfi commented.

Akijan was the first to rise, giving his request in an unidentified language. But Waverly could recognize the accent from when Kolohe spoke with the guard. Kolohe responded eagerly to Narfi when he directed his attention to her. She gave a small bow before motioning for Waverly to join them in a polite manner. She whispered in his ear when he swam up next to her. Telling him to tell Narfi his request. Akijan and Kolohe backed away, allowing Waverly alone in front of Narfi. "Well? What is it that you wish to ask of me." Narfi questioned, his fingers drumming on his arm rest. The sound of tentacles shifting around was all that could be heard when the others waited for Waverly to make his statement. Akijan gave a thumbs up motion when Waverly looked back at him. Though it could barely be seen as both Akijan and Kolohe were shadowy figures in the dim lighting.

Waverley shook his head “the main reason you’re going is for me? Was it not?” He questioned. “I guess that makes sense sure I can hand it to him! And please if you don’t mind, I’m not great with keeping things intact as you’re aware, best you keep it safe!” He rubbed the back of his neck sighing.

Waverley stopped in place “wait he eats the fish…” he expressed as shock was written on his face “okay that’s…something I guess…erm each to their own.. oh a delicacy? How come? I thought as a sort of high figure he’d have no problems getting the high life fish that swim the waters?” He asked as he swam around AkiJan.

Waverley halted his swimming motions and pulled his fin close pulling at the bandage “well not much just said not to trust anyone because most would eat me up for their lunch… though I assumed he was joking…but now I’m questioning what he meant a lot..”.
He swam to the side and when hearing AkiJan’s comment he waved his hands dismissively “no,no! Of course the thought never crossed my mind!” He laughed nervously turning staring at the ground, he thoughts running wild as it wasn’t in his mind the thought that Narfi could eat him however it certainly was now!

Swirling around admiring the jacket on him he smiled “Tch. Like you think I’d have ten sea dollars I’m a merboy Aki, clothes aren’t really my thing you know? But to wear a captain such as yourself’s jacket now that’s an honour “captain wave reporting for duty!” He made a saluting notion to Akijan, letting go of his hand for two seconds nearly falling, his breathing rapid he grabbed onto AkiJan’s hand holding it even tighter than before he looked in AkiJan’s directing whispering a ‘sorry’ to him.

Waverly holding onto the wall, listed to Kolohe and AkiJan talk about her living quarters and how living in the Ghetto was prime location, of course Waverley couldn’t understand why but then he didn’t understand much their statements are true he really is like a newborn fish.just instead he just was silently shuffling along the wall.

Pondering the same question Waverley sighed “it is a question of wonder that’s for sure! Maybe he prefers it maybe everywhere and everyone is too much for him?” He suggested.
He looked around admiring the crystal clear waters that lay ahead and it was true he could see the tiny single bubbles he could see every detail on his hand and on AkiJan’s jacket it really was the clearest he’d seen.
“Okay if your sure, I will be sure too. Let’s go do this then!” He smiled.

Waverley swam close to AkiJan whispering in his ear “before we travel I wanna get some more of that stuff if we can?” He swam around moving a tad more freely as the stuff started to make its way through his fins.

Jacques laughed “a frozen fish stick I hope you don’t mean little shrimp there?” He swam around Waverly “wearing a jacket mermaids don’t wear jackets…besides it looks silly and yes yes but you know this is why mermaids are so far down on the chain just saying…” he shrugged as he ate another fish biscuit.
“Ruthy is a lap dog, Ruthy is a lap dog!! Go smooch Narfi would ya put us all out of our misery of watching swoon him and blush around him and go bark bark when he tells you to do something!” He smirked as he looked at Ruthven.

Jacques gleamed as he saw Ubel coming out and sighed muttering to himself ‘well it’s about time!’ He smiled watching Ubel as he spoke to Ruthven, as he sat he felt the small squeeze on his arm and smiled “not at all, just didn’t realise you’d be with Narfi this long anyways, I got something planned for in a while, when your ready that is!” He spoke and a tiny hint of pink could be seen through his green skin.

The path seemed long or maybe it was his anxiety rising along with excitement of meeting Narfi, but he grabbed AkiJan’s hand not really worried as long as he was there. He felt like a comfort and it was warming for him.
He grabbed the platter holding it gulping as he saw all the fish, looking at the plater he wanted to hurl and it wasn’t easy to hold down, it smelt like flesh and blood of gills and other parts fins though distraught him to see.
The moment they were called in, instantly Waverley felt his tail tighten but this time not from the cold this was from all the nerves he was building inside maybe with a hint of coldness to the tips.

In the room Waverley was able to make out the grand chair he was sitting on with the tentacles also in view the things that worried Waverley was being twisted internally if his tentacle got hold oh him. He gulped.
He was slowly pushed to go hand the fish platter to Narfi he offered placing them on the table infront and bowed his head but hearing Narfi speak sent shivering down Waverley’s body “erm….yeah…strange right? But erm I heard you like these and well you can’t judge a fish by what he eats rights? You know… doesn’t make you a bad fish or anything you know but erm yeah….” He quickly shush’d himself and went to where Akijan and Kolohe both were joining them on the floor.

As Waverley was invited to join them on the front after hearing Kolohes prompt he exhaled deeply looking back for some sort of reassurance. He could he what resembled at thumb unsure of the gesture AkiJan was making he titled his head hearing the sudden tapping of the throne, bringing Waverley to his senses once more. ‘My reason for being here I can do this’. He looked back towards Narfi’s direction cleared his throat and began to speak
“I’ve come to question your knowledge about the Traveler? I heard from various folk tale that you know of the traveler or had dealings with them, I want to seek out all the facts across the ocean and to prove the traveler is real and you were the first one I wanted to talk to , if that’s okay Mr Narfi.” Waverley bowed his head in silence awaiting an answer, though it would be answered in seconds it felt like minutes as he waiting for Narfi to speak in anticipation.

"Yes he does.." Akijan frowned, looking at the glass jar. "I should have probably added some more, this looks quite depressing." He went away and came back, adding some small snails and sea urchins in the bottom. And a couple more fish to fill up the space. "Well, fish in general is a delicacy. No matter what type, of course the more...supposed coveted species are harder to get and which also drive their value up but decent quality fish in general will be good enough." He explained. "He enjoys other things beside consumables but this was all I had on hand. Gems and other rarities are something you could also give. I'm sure once you meet him, you can get a grasp of what he enjoys."

"Of course, as Kolohe said, it's a staple." Akijan said, not turning to Waverly as he continued with humorous jabs at Kolohe. It seemed they were quite close then at first look. Kolohe swam behind Akijan, playing with his hair as she complained about her morning. Akijan gave attentive hums while still holding onto Waverly. Not saying much as they made their way to the last room before Narfi's area. When they did reach their location, Akijan let go of Waverly. Opting to stay near the entrance to Narfi's space, arms crossed as he tapped his foot against the wall. Not bothering to eat anything that was set out on the table. Staring at the door with a blank expression.

Ruthven turned to Jacques and lunged, grabbing at Jacques and almost smashing his head against the wall, threatening to though. "You shut your goddamn mouth or i'll rip it off." He snarled, webbed claws gripping Jacque's arm, threatening to tear skin. "If I hear one more thing from your mouth, i'm going to tear your limbs off one by one. And your little Ubel won't do anything about it." He threw Jacques against the wall, clearly pissed off as he swam over to Akijan. "Good riddance I hate that fish..." He hissed under his breath.

Ubel swam out, noting Ruthvens peeved off expression and Jacques still laying on the ground. He swam over to Jacques, helping him up. "Did you aggravate Ruthven again?" He frowned. "I told you not to do that. And I hoped when I was gone that you guys wouldn't be tearing each other at the throat." He sighed, turning away from Jacques. "Later, I have things to do. But thank you for asking." He said, giving a small smile before swimming to Ruthven and Akijan. He whispered something in Akijan's ear and gave a nod to Ruthven who pursed his lips. "Well, I didn't think he would go with it. You know how he is.." Ruthven frowned, not sure how much he was believing what Ubel was confirming.

Akijan squeezed Waverly's hand for support when he saw Waverly's face turning a seasick green. "Just follow our lead and don't speak till he asks you to speak, we will say our part and then you can say yours." He said as they swam through the door when they were allowed in. Akijan went in first, letting go of Waverly's hand as he gave his respects. Kolohe followed and then motioned for Waverly to join her. Narfi watched Waverly stumble as he bowed and handed the platter to him. He took it and inspected the contents. Frowning at Waverly when he heard his comment. "You sure know who to choose don't you..." Narfi said, placing the platter down.

"The traveler...is that what they call them nowadays? A pathetic name." Narfi muttered, leaning against his arm. "Mr. Narfi is ill worded, you speak of my name as if we are close acquaintances. We are not. Perhaps you should know how to address someone properly before coming to me blind." Narfi suggested, though his tone was not suggesting and more demanding. "Seek out the facts? You want to find out if some person is real because of why?" He asked. When hearing his response, he gave a scoff. "You come to me demanding for answers and you lack confidence and it seems like Akijan and Kolohe are the only people supporting your foolish endeavor."

"If you want something done, you get it done yourself. Your relying on people to help you get something done and that won't work in the real world. Nor will it here, I know of your backstory so using that as some defense won't work, it only solidifies how insecure you are. When Ubel told me of a fish with a weak demeanor, I did not believe what he told me. But now, seeing you in front of me. I see it all. How pathetic." Narfi hissed. When Waverly looked back at Akijan and Kolohe, Kolohe was looking away. Fidgeting with her fingers while Akijan just stared blankly at him. No sign of emotion on his face but it was obvious he wasn't happy. "You exhaust me with your words, leave. I am done talking with you." Narfi commanded, as he said that. A huge inky shadow descended on the group. When the cloud cleared, there was no sign of Narfi. Or the throne, or anything at all. They were just standing in a blank circular room. Odd.

“More?” He questioned “how much do you need to give the guy?” He watched as Akijan rushed around getting the last final touches before closing the lid and placing the jar in his bag.

Waverley’s shrugged “I guess so I wouldn’t even know the foggiest thing about gosh value. My father always yelled at me though for my tail being scratched or hurt in anyways claiming it was strange to find a Black tail mermaid” he sighed “of course it was all a lie though I’m not a black tail it’s ink Stained, my natural tail colour he was embarrassed by, it was tri coloured, Green, blue and a hint of red. There’s none of its kind but neither is there of black I suppose he thought it made me. Well I don’t know actually why he did it. My mum always said my tail was rare to keep it close and let no harm come to it…well can see how that’s not happened.” He shrugged waving his bandages tail around.
He looked back at AkiJan “maybe if he will talk to me?” He giggled nervously.

While Akijan and Kolohe spoke about her day and hearing the reverting conversation it was, Waverley took his mind away for a moment doubting things but remained positive he knew he could do this. No correction he had to do this if he failed it would be back to his little prison cell forever and his fathers constant taunting. He brushed it away as they neared the entrance to where they hoped Narfi would be.

Jacques shocked as he was lunged at but Ruthven but once he was pinned he started giggling “awww Ruthy what makes you think I’m gonna listen to a lapdog?” He flinched a little as Ruthven’s webbed claws started to dig in a little deeper not enough to break the skin yet but close enough “alright, alright take a chill pill, Ruthy, sheesh what got your slippery tail in a twist. Surely not silly old Jacques comment I thought I was merly nothing to you, guess my words do have power. Also how do you know Ubee wouldn’t do anything?” He questioned smirking as he laid there in the sad not even attempting to get up.

“You can’t blame me he’s the one who started it I peacefully came in looking for you and sat down eating fish biscuits and HE came and pinned me to the wall threatening me, I was just defending myself before your brother threatened to tear my skin and nearly bashed my skull into the wall” he frowned folding his arms. “Fine, sure…. Whatever needs to be done, I’ll wait…” he sighed ‘as always’ he mumbled under his breath.

Waverley nodded remaining silent the whole time as if he couldn’t speak until Narfi said he could, even when he wasn’t there…
As he lifted his head after bowing returning his gaze upon Narfi he hesitated looking at Akijan as he wasn’t sure if the question was directed to himself or the others he remained silent until promoted to speak again.

Waverley flinched hearing the tone that Narfi was speaking to him in and as he looked down at the ground memories rushed through his mind, back to not long ago when he made his last wreckage occur his father telling him off, it was a brutally harsh and the words similarly worded.

“Please sir, this isn’t just a case of finding out if someone is real? This is life changing stuff for all across the sea, many died trying to find this information but didn’t always look so close to home instead venturing out without resulting the facts. I thought you of all would respect that instead of some random going around claiming they found an answer and go and die trying. Your name crops up in more than one story across colonies don’t you think it’s fair to come baring the question?” He asked back a question with a question…wasn’t the smartest move he had in mind especially when he came down a peg or two to release who he just talked back to. Recoiling he floated silent.

Waverley heard the words annoyance, upset and anger rose within him, he balled his hands into a fist and refused to look up at Narfi in his head a million things sprung to the forefront as Narfi continued to talk him down until he looked back seeing the others ‘they knew they freaking knew!’.

As soon as Narfi disappeared, Waverley stayed in the same place not caring that the surroundings had changed, he stayed looking down at the sand beneath him.

“Did you both know this was going to happen…?” He asked he turned looking at them both “did you know he was going to shut me down just like that?” He asked with no immediate answer he pulled the jacket off him shoving it at AkiJan visibly upset “I thought you both were here to help me, not help me make a fool of myself…” he sighed before looking away as he started to swim off into the abyss of darkness.

"Black tail mermaid? I will say I was intrigued by the colour of your scales but knowing it's purposely dyed is quite an atrocity." He frowned, looking over Waverly. "Ah, I see. Multicoloured with hints of red amongst cool colours. Quite a rarity indeed." Akijan mused. "Well, do you want to get the black off? I can tell just by looking at it, it isn't permanent but lathered on quite heavily. That's why it's been holding up for so long." He commented. Brushing the scales on Waverly's fin. "Though in these parts, I would suggest keeping the stain on. Getting targeted is nothing to laugh about..." He frowned. Watching the colours gleam against the water when Waverly moved.

"SHUT UP!!!" He roared, his middle claw puncturing skin and drawing out a drop of blood as he moved away from Jacques, his face red with furry. "You don't get to talk to me like that you slag. Ubel can't protect you, he knows his limits and you should know yours. Don't say things out of line, prick." Ruthven spat. Turning away, furious At jacques and pissed at himself for allowing himself to get riled up so easily. Rolling his eyes hearing Jacques talk to Ubel. Ubel gave a small sigh. "But you still aggravated him with your words. I know you meant it in a joking manner but please, don't overstep it." Ubel smiled sadly before leaving to go talk to Ruthven.

"How is finding someone life changing? The traveler is just another fish in the sea, why fill yourself with stories and tales for someone you don't know. Nor have any connections to? Many died? You know how many before you came to me. Asking the same question and demanding answers? None. No one cares for the Traveler and if someone did, they wouldn't get far. You thought wrong, I don't care about someone who goes and finds someone for their own diluted delusion. Why should I? You know nothing about me or the connection to the Traveler. You're ambitious with your words, i'll give you that but in the end. It's impolite. Now leave." Narfi hissed.

Kolohe didn't say anything, still looking away as Akijan took the jacket. Putting it on himself as he waited for Waverly to exit the chamber before throwing his fist at the wall in anger. Watching it crack on impact. Kolohe flinched at the sound before coming close to Akijan. Taking his hand and slowly wrapping the wounds. "Don't blame yourself...you know how Narfi is when someone brings up the Traveler..." She frowned. "OK?! THATS IT?! THAT'S ALL HE IS GOING TO SAY?" Akijan roared in disgust and irritation, flexing his fist and ignoring the pain shooting up his arm.

"He promised, he freaking promised that he would tell Waverly. And instead he just blows him off. He told me he would be civil about this whole manner. Hah, what a joke." He hissed through gritted teeth. Kolohe didn't say anything, knowing better than to open her mouth when he was like this. "I'll...see you at the Ghetto." Was all she said before swimming away. Passing Waverly without looking back. Saying goodbye to Ruthven and Ubel before exiting the caverns. Ruthven noticed her expression and gave a sigh. Ubel didn't say much, just turning away and saying to Jacques he was ready to leave.

Both of them left and soon, it was just Ruthven and Waverly. Ruthven was propped up against the wall, next to the food platter. He tossed a seaweed bar to Waverly. "The boss shot you off I assume." He said to no one in particular. Listening to Waverly vent with an amused face. He didn't say much though, opting to quietly eat shrimp and other small shellfish. When Waverly finished and stared at Ruthven with a hint of annoyance, he threw his hands up in peace. "What? Do you want me to say something? Just minding my own business." He frowned, watching Waverly storm off with a huff.

Akijan appeared soon after, not looking as he left the caverns. His fist bandaged from the beating and now a new cut caressed his face, blood dripped down the wound but he paid no mind, heading past the skull caverns and down into what is considered the midnight zone. Not many go down there, much less survive the pressure that fills the waters. His swam deeper, despite the pull and the urge to swim back up. Clenching on his bag as he visited the deep dark. Looking for someone in particular that would ease his mind, the clashing thoughts that could be silenced and despair that clouded his judgement be cleared.

Waverley scoffed “well that’s my father for you! The guy who actually thinks that he’s son he’s actually son was the atrocity.” He looked down at his fin “you can see the colours peaking through from where I’ve scratched them out myself but they just turn red from the blood. Which sucks another Stain.”
He smiled a little “indeed, most mermaids Only have one colour on their tail, fairytales portray sometimes you can have two merging colours but that’s false one bold colour is the colour, it’s why he hid mine. Three colours is unheard of they blend beautifully together though.”

He looked over a gleam of hope brushed his face “you…you could do that for me?” He asked “I’d love to see my true colours again but yes of course for now I’ll keep it covered until but the feeling of being free can you imagine” he smiled with the thought.

Jacques flinched as he felt the small drip of blood trickling Down his arm. “I don’t get to talk to you like that what makes you think you have the right to talk to me like that calling me a slag who the heck do you think you are Ruthy yeah well?”he shrugged as he bellowed back.

Jacques looked at Ubel “well not that you’ll see to believe me but he started all of this I was just looking for you and eating fish biscuits before this bozo pinned me, he had no right i did nothing wrong. Not my fault he can’t take things lightly and is always hot headed. Tch” he looked away “fine whatever I’ll be at my corner here if you need me, laters!” He waved them off swimming away to the corner of the room without another word.

“It’s points like that which is why everyone gives up trying if no one is willing to proves it’s wrong how can you be so sure? I’m not all you see me as I’ve a lot hidden that you wouldn’t even know I am an impossible and I want to prove the impossible, my whole life I’ve had people telling me the stuff with the traveler is a load of crap but what if it’s not. Can your lay this to bed 100% knowing on everything that it’s not true. If it’s not then you woudknt have no harm in telling but the fact you hide…..”he stopped clearing his throat realising he got just a little riled up “please just anything your the great Narfi your telling me you know nothing of the traveler?” He tried to ask another question but was blankly shot down with a few more notes on how a wimpy fish like himself wouldn't make it alive on the journey even if he did note of any information.
Waverley sighed “this sucks!” He said to himself.

As Waverley got back up to the main hub point when’re Ruthven was he sighed sitting on the clam munching away on the seaweed bar Ruthven tossed to him.
“Well what do you think, argh should have just I dunno…” he started spewing out a rant from the start of the journey to the ending part finishing with “and out of all this my result is me here ranting to you..” he buried his head to his fin for a moment, the red,green and blue sparkling through the inky black coating.
After noticing Ruthven said nothing he looked at him as his annoyance rose “Are you gonna say anything?” Argh forget it even talking to you was a waste of time…” he huffed swimming off.

Waverley noticed Akijan come swimming out and passed him and down deep further passed the skull caverns. He sighed “I’ll protect you…sure..what a joke..” he sighed feeling really upset as he watched Akijan swim into the distance. Waverley shook his head looking out to the abyssal of darkness the are no one goes. He looked out sighing “not brave enough, you’re too puny, you’re a pathetic excuse why does anyone care about the traveler arghhh he makes me so mad stupid tentacle……thing!” He through a shell toward the abyss as he floated down to a rock and huddled into it as the tears flowed he cried hoping that no one would see him but he was wrong so wrong. Above him was Sol laughing.

“Well I guess father was right about you the pathetic one, even that Akiflan gave up on you and left you stranded, can’t say I blame him, well let’s get you home then.” He said lifting Waverley up, Waverley didn’t lift his head just kept looking down.

Sol asked what happened. Listens then gave a speech on how pathetic Waverley was and how he shouldn’t chase offer some fantasy That he would die before he’d even left the vicinity. Though Waverley brushed away the tears he sighed “I guess I’m ready to go home I should have never left.” He noticed the water getting darker and he looked up frantically confused “sol where are we this isn’t the way home?” He looked around and as sol stopped next to a ball and chain he attached the chain around Waverley’s tail “hey sol what the heck are you doing?” He said trying to break free but as the chains locked an unearthly scream came from Waverley. The chain was fitted with spikes and a small deadly poison from a rare fish.

Sol smirked looking at Waverley and ahead “you see over here this teeny tiny ledge here drops to the unearthly depths of who knows what heck I don’t know how far it goes down and I can’t have you come back trying to take my place so..” he grabbed some thick coral and come seaweed and scrubbed painfully at Waverley’s tail revealing his tri-colours with hints of black flecks where he couldn’t remove all the ink. “Let’s see how the fish down there respond to rare looking meat.” He snickered as he pushed the ball to the edge.

“Any last words?” He grabbed some seaweed and before Waverley could say anything he tied it around his mouth laughing as he pushed the ball over the edge watching Waverley disappear down into the darkness. Wiping his hands he swam back off.

Noting the fact the Jacques noticing everything he turned to Ubel “wait is that Waverley’s sibling or something? I recall him visiting Narfi with Waverley’s dad…whys he just come swimming from Dead man’s edge?” He asked looking at Ubel concern written on his face.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back