• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lost eye of Atalantis (Yes it's spelled like that)

Atarashii

Account is in the process of getting suspended
Closed/RPing with CinnabarIsland CinnabarIsland

Very short plot
Perhaps it was just a stupid lie that passed around for generations. A fib, a tale, a myth. No one knew if it was true or not, even the person who passed the tale around, the old witch of the abyss. She always claimed it as some passing story that she heard when a traveler from a distant sea bed came to her for guidance. After they told that story, they vanished. She always hoped to hear from them again, as they did tell her..no promise to her that they would come back after their journey. But it’s been decades since the last time she heard of that traveler. Now those who live deep in the sea can live for so long, they might as well be immortal. But even then, the wait turned into the inventual knowing that..the traveler will never come back.

Form:

Name:
Species:
Any abilities:
Other:
Backstory:
Appearance:

Mine:

Name:AkiJan Volturi
Gender/pronouns:He/Him/Male
Species:Unidentified Hybrid
Any abilities:Can live on both land/water with ease. Has exceptional swimming speed as well as being a polyglot. Since his mother is a sea nymph, he exudes an aura that makes him irresistible, promotes dumbness to the brain, initiates besotted infatuation or sends whoever is under his aura into madness or falling to a stroke. Helpful when attempting to gain information.
Other:He is a popular extrovert, talking to everyone and anyone no matter what. He enjoys the social life as well as all the friends and popularity he gets from it. Very good with networking and gaining favours from people all across the sea.
Backstory:Was the offspring of a human x nymph affair. His mother ran away after his birth, leaving him with his human father. He now travels the seas as the captain of his father's boat, but visits his mother's side down under every once in a while.
Appearance:
tumblr_pn1ocnVJab1snibfq_1280.jpg

Read from left to right
Name:Ruthven, Narfi, Ubel
Gender/pronouns:He/Him/They/Them/It's/It (For all 3)
Species:Eel/Octopus/Eel
Any abilities:Not known/Unidentified
Other:A trio consisting of Narfi, the leader and Ubel/Ruthven. Ubel/Ruthven are loud and quite bothersome at times, rude and like to play pranks/jokes. Both like to do tasks and jobs for Narfi, often seen following behind Narfi as if they were his henchmen. Narfi is more secluded and standoffish + blunt. Not many like his personality and looks so they often avoid him. He lives in the deeper parts of the ocean, residing in skull cavern. A hidden sea cave shaped vaguely like a skull. Near a huge ravine dubbed "the abyssal plain" that many don't go near, as those who do, never come back.
Appearance:
0db2ef41b3861d96682c151d04b64d66.jpg

(Photo/OC credits belong to original owners)
-------------

-------------
faviconV2

Nordielie's Artblog - Tumblr

Last edited:
Character 1

Name: Waverley
Gender/pronouns: He/Him/Male
Species: Merman
Any abilities: Foretells and provokes disasters
Other: he’s caused many boats to sink or get lost at sea with his presence being the reason for it to happen doesn’t understand why/how it just happens. Being a teen he hasn’t quite mastered the ability to control things fully, so most of the time he's been under the close watchful eye of his father Basildon.
Everyone tries to avoid him at all costs cause of his ‘disaster attraction’.
Backstory: Waverley is just a normal average Merman/Teen he just had his 17th birthday which has given him the chance to learn more and do more independently, his father believing his foretells and provoke trait is now more under control, he’s allowed him a tad more freedom. Waverley is a curious being and is always finding things to bring back to decorate his room or in his case to investigate it further.
He Has a scar on his left side from where he was attacked by a poisonous fish when one of his Foretellings went wrong.
Appearance:
6CEF511D-87C2-4BB8-9D61-704CCD12FA4D.jpeg

Character 2

Name: Jacques
Gender/pronouns:He/Him/Male
Species: piranha/Betta Fish/Human
Any abilities: track down the scent of blood in seconds and hunt it down in milliseconds. A sense for food whether it be fish/human or others he finds to be a meal.
Dark vision - his glowing green eyes helps him see in the darkest of abyss.
Other:he’s charming and mischievous, likes to do all the things everyone tells him not to, hates mermaids (select few he’s tried and deemed potential future meals are fine)
Backstory: Jacques had quite a lovely life swimming the ocean beds waiting for prey with his brothers and sisters, he was the one to route up the trouble in areas where they aren’t allowed to go thanks to his mouth.
Most of the time he’s venturing off alone as most don’t want to spare their chances of messing with other colonies and just want to remain cordial in their places.
He has made a few friends (no many) with other kinds and finds them alright. Though he ventures alone he has a pretty solid life in his back, fairly wealthy and noted well thanks to his parents being well known in the pack.
Appearance:

CC6890C2-CDE0-471F-9933-E8D85B8DDC46.jpeg
(Photo/OC credits belong to original owners)

Last edited:
Akijan watched his crew work diligently throughout the night and into the bright morning. There was a passing storm that wrecked the ship up when they traveled through, but for an experienced sailor like him, it was not a problem. He was heading over to marooners bay, near the whirlpool of typhoon to visit some friends and meet some new ones. Though with the raging sea and the lack of food, it was becoming harder and harder for new fish to survive and thrive. It didn't matter to him, as he could live sufficiently as either a human or a sea creature.

Leaning over the railing, he watched the sun rise over the horizon, giving the water a pinkish-orange sheen to it. He enjoyed the calm blissful peace it gave him, after a rough night, he needed it.
"Captain, we are reaching the location, prepare to throw the anchor?"
Akijan gave a nod as he swung down from the quarter deck and landed at the deck. Barking out orders as they neared the trench.
The sound of the anchor splashing down sounded like music to his ears, home at last. Well at least in this case, his second home.

Akijan dove down into the ocean, feeling the water consume him whole. His skin turned a shade of teal as gills broke his skin, ears morphing into those of a fish and his fingers and toes becoming webbed. He flexed them before swimming off, heading towards Peril of Malgosia. A huge stone statue that depicted the mother of pearls, suffocating in her own selfish greed. It was also known as a landmark as it stood right in the center of the great trench. He turned left after he reached the statue, moving through the water at lightning speed.

In the opposite direction of the statue, lay the skull caverns. Known to be homes to all sorts of evil and exiled creatures. One's that dabbled in dark magic, those who wish to overthrow the hierarchy and those that just don't quite fit in. Near the skull caverns is the catacombs Huge stone-like structure with holes everywhere, leading anywhere and everywhere. Only those who live in them know how to easily and efficiently traverse them.
"Do ya think Narfi will like these?" Ruthven questioned, holding up a basket of dark purple fruits. "They didn't have anything else, and I don't think he is in a good mood.."
"Ah, lighten up will ya??" Ubel said, putting an arm around Ruthven. "What's the worst he can do if he doesn't like them, try to kill us? Just pick the best ones and call it a day. I mean, we are the ones getting him the food no?"

Ruthven seemed apprehensive but after some more reassurance from Ubel, he fell.
"Alright alright, let's just go shall we? We both know Narfi doesn't like waiting." He grabbed Ubel's wrist and dragged him out of the catacombs, heading to the skull caverns. After some swimming, they stopped at the back of the cavern, a huge boulder blocked the entrance. Ruthven knocked on the boulder in a specfic pattern, waiting to hear the sound of someone stirring. The boulder moved and there stood Narfi, arms crossed over his chest.
"Took you long enough, was thinking a stone crushed you or something." He snickered. Moving away so both Ruthven and Ubel could enter.
"Sorry dude, Ruthven was taking a while to pick up your fruits." Ubel said, motioning towards Ruthven who gave him a slap on the wrist before handing the basket to Narfi.

"Uneeded." Ruthven snarled at Ubel. "Keep your mouth shut when we are around him alright?" He threatened under his breath before turning to Narfi with a grin. "I hope you like them Sir! Last stock they had." Narfi gave an unimpressed eyebrow raise before putting the basket on a table.
"Could have been worse." He muttered "Thank you, dismissed." Was all he said before he drifted away. Leaving Ubel and Ruthven alone.
"Well. I'll stay here with Narfi, it seems his mood hasn't gotten better. You on the other fin.." Ruthven grumbled. "Go, I'm sure you could find something or someone to occupy yourself." Ubel made a face as he swam out.
"Aren't you a possessive hogger. Whatever..." Ubel grunted, exiting the caverns and making his way towards cobalt ridge, where most of the more exotic creatures reside. He was heading to meet Jacques. A piranha with some betta blood in him. A good friend of his and Ruthven though Ruthven was more smitten with Narfi then anyone else.

Every morning seems the same for Waverley, the only real difference he could find was each new dinglehopper he found on the sea bed.

He looked upon his small collection, few forks, spoons, Fancy dinner plates that looked like mirrors some trinkets. He placed his latest fork down smiling as he adjusted it just right. He sighed “well that’s about everything so far, 30 days since I turned seventeen and all I have to show for it is this..” he looked out the pearl clam that was half open seeing everyone get along fine it was near on “perfect” but not his version of perfect not when everyone didn’t want to be around him.

Waverley turned to the opposite wall to see a Talley chart he made and with a small charcoal rock he brushed a line mark adding to the many others that resides there “twenty nine, yikes…there’s only been one day of freedom there hasn’t been a shipwreck thanks to me… that day is…” he sighed dropping the rock almost instantly “today..” he pondered in thought for a moment.
Snapping his fingers he smiled “and it’s not gonna happen today, im gonna have a day where nothing happens, yeah and I’m gonna show them I can be just as strong as….as…as the traveller…yes the traveler I’ll be as bold,as brave, as smart….maybe beautiful and stunning and I’m gonna show them all I HAVE CONTROL!” He stated proud of himself.

Though the clapping behind jolted him as he turned to see his father “and if you abolished such a terrible trait you had and survived one day without it happening maybe things would look up for you… but stop dreaming it won’t ever happen.” He dad waved him off.
Leaving Waverley once again. “I’ll show him..” he scoffed as he made his way out deep and further into the sea beds travelling as far as his fins let him when he came across a bout that peaked his interest.

Jacques was observing some of the fine fruits that laid around grumbling about some of decent ones already being taken but eventually shrugging it off.
Any others who came near the fruits he snarled at them watching them skedaddle and laughing to himself “what wimps! I didn’t even do nothin’” he bit into one of the fruits and ventured around opening his little net placing individually each one In there “that’s one, there’s two, Oop, three and four heh!” He smiled placing each one in “fifteen! That’ll do me for a while.” He wiped his hand picking out a fruit from the bag biting now into that one.

A familiar piranha swam by giving Jacques a wave “hi,Jackie,hi, hi…” he said waving as he’s going by Jacques sighed sarcastically waving his arm as if pleasantly caring “hi Pete….” He said with the fakest smile known to life.
He turned his head quickly “hate that guy so much, honestly cage be anymore irritating just that…” he stood propped in a mocking manner “hi Jackie I wanna be your friend I wanna blah blah blah blah…..argh just leave me alone.” He sighed sitting down on the nearby rock.

Jacques looked into the distance not seeing much until he turned the direction of Narfi’s cave contemplating if he should visit. Though a shadow could be seen heading towards him he sighed once’s again “I swear Pete if it’s you I’m gonna fin slap you silly!” He floated up and as they got closer he realised it was someone’s more pleasant “well well, well if it isn’t my good ok’ friend Ubel…so we what’s Eatin’ ya? Clearly not anything cause you know you’re still alive ha! You know I’m mocking what’s up bro! Oh watch out Pete’s about let’s errr, let’s move from here.” He said as he floated alongside Ubel.

Ubel swam through the water at lightning pace, cutting through the waves as if it was butter. He swam past schools of fish, batting one away from his face as he tried to locate the entrance to cobalt ridge, more specifically, a certain sharp toothed friend's home. He didn't have to go much further as he saw a shadowy figuring approaching him.
"Yooo wassup dude!" Ubel exclaimed, fist bumping Jacques. "Just ok? I'm just ok?" Ubel grumbled, clearly hurt. "And here I thought ain't nothing can tear us apart, not even your teeth!" He joked, slapping Jacques on the back. "Nothing is eating me mate, maybe your dry ass personality but you know me." He snickered. "Oh well, Ruthven still hasn't gotten his brain out from the gutter, if you saw him ogling Narfi, you would throw up." He complained, making a gag me gesture. He continued complaining about Ruthven and Narfi as they floated away from *ahem* Peter.

"
And that's the story of my life!" Ubel finished. Taking a ripe hemmat fruit and eating it as they swam towards skull caverns. "What about you mate? Whatcha cookin' up in that gloomy home of yours? I haven't seen you in FOREVERRRRRR." He groaned, making exaggerated hand motions. "I can't with these people, Ruthven is the worstttt when it comes to pining. He just bottles up and says nothing and I have to deal with watching him fawn over Narfi every single god damn day!!" He kept on complaining about every person that resides in skull caverns excluding Narfi, even if he does hate them at times, saying anything bad would be a death wish.

As they entered the skull caverns, Ubel went forward in front of Jacques to see if Ruthven was there. When he couldn't find him, he came back to meet Jacques, throwing every curse under the moon at Ruthven. "I love him, my twin and all but oh my god does he piss me off." He turned to Jacques and started pestering him to see if he had any love life, when not given an answer, Ubel then proceeded to throw his half eaten fruit at Jacques. "I'm YoUr BeSt FrIeNd? And you won't even tell me anything? What. A. Joke." Ubel laughed, before immediately swimming away from Jacques as he chased him out of the cave.

Akijan visited the market before heading out to meet some friends, remembering he had to restock food and materials for the trip over the "abyssal plain" He has made the trip multiple times but auctally going over it in his fish form and not above in a boat? Unheard of.
Akijan made his way back to his ship, carrying two bags over his shoulders. It slowed him down but for an experienced swimmer gifted with speed, little difference. He was going so fast, he missed seeing the eyes of Waverley peeking out.

He hit the hull of his ship, slowly moving around to reach for the ladder. As he broke the surface, his skin turned from a teal to tanned, eyes gaining a golden honey colour as his hair turned a dark chocolate brown. He brushed his hair out of his face as he tossed the bags to someone on deck. "Well thats done. Finally." He sighed. He scratched his neck, where his gills once were. "Hm..I feel like i'm missing something but what.." He pondered for a moment before shrugging it off and moving on. He jumped back into the sea, his body changing to fit the new habitat.

Jacques returned the fist bump returning their “secret handshake” they liked to do followed by a small laugh. “Well your alright, better than Pete over there so I’d say your winning!” He slapped Ubel back. “I’m kidding your my homie though my teeth have gotten sharper since I used this new coral stuff…that’s not important!” He shook his head waving the thought away.
Jacques nodded impressed “and here I thought your brother was the one with the wise cracks your learning, your learning!” He turned folding his arms as he listened to Ubel explaining about his brothers infatuation with Narfi. “So he’s still googley eyes for him and not saying a peep, does Narfi even know? I mean if it’s this painfully obvious surely he’s just taking him along for a wee ride right now done lovecoaster loops.” He snickered at the thought as the swam away catching up as they did.

Jacques swiped Ubel’s hand after he ate the fruit “that may be the story of your life but doesn’t give you the right to steal MY fruit..” he scoffed, he was joking of course he had a lot of time for Ubel one of the few he really liked and got on well with.
Jacques stopped pondering for a small moment “well let’s see here, finally did the decorating of the new place, made 5 new dishes using those horrific scalps that lay around here now they actually aren’t bad the way I cook em! Then oh scored myself a new swipe yeah was this kid…forgot his name well he’s not a kid he’s like our age but still..anyways he keeps wrecking things and it’s hella hilarious so I made a habit a few times of just scaring him to see it happen. Haha! The kid don’t ever see it coming of course he chases me after tried to pull my tail and such but I got him with my teeth before so he don’t do that no more! I like to think we’re distant friends.” He smiled gleaming proud of himself “next time he’s out venturing I’ll take ya we can go scare him and you can see it first hand!”
He rolled his eyes at Ubel “Errm, dude thst was your choice to puppy walk around with your fellow master like a wittle puppy doggie!” He mocked then grabbing Ubel in a headlock giving him the biggest head noogie known to man. “I’m kIdDiNg! Love ya bro!” .

Jacques listened nodding occasionally and agreeing with the complaints adding a few mentions of Pete in there. “We’ll tell him if it bothers you that much?” He suggested playing with the tips of his tail. “I mean isn’t that what brothers do? I dunno all my siblings hate me so I just assume it goes for you guys too.” He shrugged.
As he was lestered about a love life he put the anchors on and held his hand to Ubel “NO you’ve seen everyone in this neck of the woods I wouldn’t date them if I was left alone…I’d date myself instead..” he snorted at the thought.
“Hey stop throwing your half eaten waste at me little Ubel! Besides I am your best friend you’d be the first to know on my fishy honour I’d scale the walls to tell you cause I’d need you as my best man like for real bro seriously come on? Anddddd, anyways let’s drop me how about you?” He asked as he was about to poke Ubel but he swam away making him smile as he then began to chase him for a few moments they chased and darted and when feighknights was called Jacques looked in the distance the boy was there “hey Ubel look who’s there it’s our shipwreck haver!” He snickered.

Waverley floated near to the ship observing it from the bottom and admiring some of the craftsmanship. He slowly came to the surface bracing himself for the breath of oxygen that made you feel for a moment you were on helium. After taking a moment to adjust he then swam closer to the ship looking at it in detail the awe on his face was unimaginable.

He was face to face with the ship it towering over him, he looked up at the sails it was docked for now anyways. He touched the ship feelijg the grains of the wood under his fin like hands, it felt odd but a nice odd. He continued swimming around it trying to remain unnoticed but the beauty in front of him made him forget where he was. “This craft is beautiful, the wood is so fine, no little bits flaking, it erm, has a name… must be a land name maybe I can’t make that out….wonder how many dinglehoppers they have on board, how many to mast the sails?” He questioned to himself “one day perhaps, though so far so good Wave touching and being near a ship and no accidents, pft… they think I can’t control it, I have complete control on this.” He smied beaming as he headed back under now observing the bottom once again least Thai way he was unnoticeable and safe as far as he thought.

Ubel did the jellyfish move with his fingers before laughing. "it never gets old does it? Been best buds since you ate your first fish." He snickered. "Well that doesn't seem like a lot, bet you would be friends with anyone else. You're not comparing me too much." He grumbled, flicking Jacques forehead. "At least value me more then ol' Pete will ya?" He rolled his eyes. "He is, that's what everyone says. That their the smarter twin blah blah. But at least i have personality then that thickheaded nimrod." He sighed, waving his hand dramatically. "Not sure dude. Narfi doesn't really bother with Ruthven anymore than he does with me so I doubt it. But Narfi isn't known to be oblivious so.." He pondered the thought for a bit but it was making his head spin so he dropped it.

"But i'm your best buddy ol' pal. Surely you can make an exception." Ubel questioned though his tone was making it a statement. "And besides...you LOVE me. Love me in big caps. You wouldn't want to deny your lover some fruit wontcha?" He gave Jacques a slap on the back through his laughter. "Joking dude, you know I love to joke." He snickered. "A kid eh? New swipe eh? Tell me all about it." Ubel said, leaning over Jacques's shoulder. "Forgot his name eh? Course you did. If we weren't close i might as well have reminded you my name everyday." He grumbled, flicking his forehead. "Keeps wrecking things eh? Is he like a newborn fish or something?"

Ubel left leaning on Jacques's shoulder to then grab his tail and give a tug. When Jacques turned around, Ubel gave a smirk and a shrug. "Hey, don't leave it undefended. You shoulda saw it coming." Ubel dodged a claw swipe from Jacques and did a mocking finger wave. "Nuh uh, you can't catch this slippery eel." He swam back to catch up with Jacques, now both of them swimming side by side. "You got him with your teeth? That must have left a scar. Physically and mentally probably. Poor dude, wrong place at the wrong time. Got your wrath." He said poking Jacques in the cheek. "DUDE! UNCALLED FOR!!" Ubel groaned, trying to reach for Jacques but instead getting headlocked. "HEY! STOP THAT!" he yelled, hands trying to pry Jacques's arms off his head to no avail.

"Nah, tried to but i got a fruit thrown at me. So i threw one back and we ended up fighting. Narfi had to pry us apart before we ripped each others heads off." He grumbled, rubbing his face. "But he apologised so i mean, I don't really care. As long as he tells Narfi his feelings once before he dies, then well. I have no grudges." He said, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. "Date yourself eh? Are you that lonely?" He snickered. "Wow, i'm hurt. And here I thought I had a chance.." He said turning around dramatically, hand over his heart. "You hurt me baby girl..." He whispered, turning around to Jacques with a kissy face before breaking down laughing. "I...can't....Oh my god...you looked...speechless." He said through his laughing fit. Using Jacques as support to keep him from collapsing.

"Little? I'm not a little dude!" Ubel complained, throwing a fake punch. "You may be older but that doesn't mean you can just toss me around like a ragdoll!" He pouted. "Best friend eh? Well am I honoured to have gained that title!" He exclaimed. "Well, you better! You know I just love to know everyone's love life. They don't call me the drama king for nothing!" He said, pumping his fist through the water. "Best man, what a dream. You, my best bud forever. At an altar with your future lover. Sighhhh. Can you imagine it?" He said, grabbing Jacques close and waving his hand dramatically through the air. "What? What about me?" He questioned before dodging a tackle from Jacques and swimming away. Though he stopped quickly, almost hitting Jacques in the face as he swam to where he was pointing. "that's him? He looks kinda..weird."

Akijan was floating on the other side of the ship, inspecting to see if the crew had patched the hull correctly, deeming it fit, he swam away. Not noticing Waverley or the others. Though he didn't get far when he heard the sound of something breaking.
Both Jacques and Ubel sneaked up behind Waverly, Ubel grabbing onto his tail while Jacques grabbed his arms, though Ubel let go immediately when he saw what Waverly had done, amidst the panic, Waverly had cracked the hull of the ship. Nearly splitting it in two. Ubel covered his mouth as he looked at Jacques. Not saying a word.
Akijan turned around to see the ship that was in perfect condition a few moments before, now on the verge of breaking in half.

Jacques laughed also “nope never, we need to add more to it!” He stood there paused in thought reminiscing on there first meet “ah,yes that tiny little critter was trying to out swim me but nope caught that little sucker errr,right in front of you, I swear that was when you asked if I ate everything my eyes set upon…I mean not wrong but still brash to say since we barley knew each other.”

Jacques waved his hands dismissively “no,no,no not just anyone, psh, I hate anyone and everything apart from my selected few that are snackable in the future.” He snickered etching closer to Ubel “the ones just…..like…you!” He booped his nose and giggled like a gremlin.
He rubbed his forehead to take the sting out from the flick and sighed “fine I like you more than your brother, satisfied?” He rolled his eyes smiling at the mocking interpretation Ubel was giving on Ruthven snickering at a few parts.

Jacques had a thought cross his mind making him smirk “so I see you both decided to get closer to me cause Narfi pays me that tad more attention than he does you both? I see using me? I never saw you as the type…I thought I meant more to you. Thou pains me to hear that you’ve chosen this ratchet path of betrayal.” He dramatised his words reciting each one as if it were a Shakespeare line.

Jacques stopped swimming in his tracks as Ubel said the words “love & lover” in the same sentences ‘was This guy for real?’ He wondered tilting his head slightly “l-l-lover?” He questioned but his face went quickly from shocked to angry in all of five seconds when Ubel admitted his was joking “you,you’ll pay for that Ubel…..” he said looking angry but also slightly relieved. Shaking his head hearing the turn back to the normal conversation he nodded” mhm. New and proud marks left on him I smile everytime I see them, well he’s just a merman or something I don’t know much don’t care really, though from the bite I got, the only reason he’s not devoured is because we’ll he will be a good dinner save, with the right one beside me we could devour him together he’s got err shall we say sweet blood and I dunno what he is to be fair I didn’t hang around enough to find out like I said I just go to spook him and then enjoy the rest of my day I haven’t actually spoke to the guy I think the only words were “hey get off my tail” and “jerk!”.” He nodded scratching his head with a tiny smile “oh errr, what’s your name again oh, your thst eel guy right henchman to the guy everyone’s thinks is cute and you two are just you now well….you?” He swam quickly in a circle around Ubel “why you gotta be so serious mr I like to make a joke but can’t take one!” He laughed.

His smile quickly turned as he saw Ubel touching his tail “leave….the…tail…..ALONE! Just cause you are in LOVE with it doesn’t mean you can touch it!” He tried swiping Ubel failing at that he started swimming of though the whole time with a smile on his face, though their relationship seemed to be just each other bashing, it was them and special to him what they had finding someone with the same type of humour was hard for him.

“Yup, a big ol mark on his side! I mean can’t have mentally scarred him that much I mean….he doesn’t chase me no more…kinda no fun really.” He sighed seeming a little sad.
“Psh, nothings uncalled for, it’s what you brought on yourself Ubel,wooble!” He smiled gleaming as he had Ubel in the headlock teasing him that he won’t let him out unless he told him he loved him.

“So what was you fighting over? That the great Narfi had to split you two up before you became twinless? Was it about Narfi stuff cause if so he really needs to tell him, like if he don’t I walk cause honestly this crap with him not telling him has gone on far enough. It’s draining like watching that one shell fall from the surface to the seabed.” He floated there looking at Ubel.

“Well who else would put up with me and my shinanigans?” He asked before Ubel started his new dramatic turn of event raising an eyebrow from Jacques as he did “baby girl?….” Jacques looked at Ubel in his fit of laughter and watched him lean on him for support as he did he moved his shoulder away causing Ubel to fall, though he still seemed unphased laughing his head off at the fact. Jacqes swam to ubels he slapping him with his tail “enough, you had your laughter for the whole year…you can stop now, BRO CHILL OUT IT WASNT THAT FUNNY..you….I just…..I can’t with you sometimes” he said folding his arms sighing, holding in small laugher as he remained with a somewhat straight face.

“awww but I am older than you and your younger than me and if I couldn’t toss you around like a rag doll you wouldn’t be my baby girl now would you?” He smiled poking his tongue out at Ubel.
Jacques admired a shell on the seas bed licking it up and throwing it at Ubel sighing when it did nothing “I know your too much into that lovely dovey stuff, better be careful though don’t wanna be like your brother, fall helplessly in love with someone close to you…” he moved in closer hugging Ubel “they are always this close but then you get scared to tell them you love them and then in turn you start annoying your brother by not telling the one you love and call baby girl and then poof baby girl ends up with himself being the best date ever…” he smiled looking at Ubel’s face. “You know I think your drama king intent is rubbing off on me I don’t like it take it back.” He scoffed.
“Plot twist the best man is the future lover standing at the alter…now imagine that.” He laughed playing along pulling Ubel in close and swimming around as if it was like “the first dance”.

“You your love life…talk your so interested in others, tell me yours…” he shrugged. But before really an answer was given they homed in on the merman in the distance. “Mhm he doesn’t look like atypical merman some say his dad is more of the darker more evil tendencies like never really punished the kid for all the shipwrecks he caused jsjt shrugged it off like oh well…. I mean says something right?”

As Waverley made his way back down under the surface as he admired the ship more he floated back just a bit but to his surprise two hands from Ubel and Jacques leached into him causing him to go into a mass panic. He tried shaking them off breaking free but what stopped them all was the overbearing sound of a CRACK.

As the crack happened Waverley panicked some more “oh no,no,no,no!” He yelpled as he then glanced over at the two “why the hell did you do that?” He asked…but before an answer could be made the sound of the chaos abroad the ship rose and the ship split in half with each part of the ship falling rapidly.
Waverley looked up gulping grabbing both Ubel and Jacques’s arms and swimming them away from the now sinking rubble that was once a beautiful ship. “Let’s move l, errrm, down here seems good.”’he moved them quickly stopping as they reached the bottom turning to see the sinking ship…..but what they didn’t know was that someone quite a way a way was watching them not seeming to be the most happy.

"So you're saying I'm Snackable? What on earth does that mean?!" Ubel complained, chasing after Jacques. Arms outstretched as he tried to grab at anything he could get his fins on. "Like me more than a brother eh? Sighhhh. Brotherly love...such a dream......wait. What is more than a brother?!?" He exclaimed, "You don't love me like that do you?" He shouted, grabbing Jacques by the arms and staring him dead in the eye. "I swear to all the fishies out there, you better not be thinking what I'm thinking!" Ubel declared, dramatically falling back from Jacques, his hand clutching his chest. "Ohhh. Narfi, the love of my life! How could I ever compare to the likes of you??? You make my heart burst with joy, oh how I wish you loved me like I love you!" He proclaimed, making a dramatic reenactment of the supposed "confession."

"WHAT? OH FISH NO! I WOULD NEVER!" Ubel shouted out, grabbing onto Jacques's arm. "Oh dear Jacques! My heart is forever entwined with yours, how could i ever choose someone over the likes of you? I proclaim my love Jacques, for using you would mean the death of me. I would never!" He begged, holding onto Jacques. It seemed like a scene straight out of a sappy love movie. "The pain hurts my heart, my dear, for causing you this grief woes my aching soul. The path is not one I chose on my volition, you know I would never!" He whispered, close to Jacques's ear. "I love you too much, do you not believe me?"

Ubel didn't hear Jacques's stutter on the words, instead moving on quickly. "I'll pay in fish biscuits loser! I know you just loveeeee them!" Ubel smirked. "Now you're just mocking me for fun!" He wailed, throwing soft punches at Jacques. "It's Ubel, if you don't remember it then might as well call it quits in this friendship." He scoffed. "For who am I to be friends with a pointless loser who can't remember a name?" He turned away, arms crossed over his chest. "Narfi is not just cute! He is.." He stopped mid sentence and just rubbed his face. "God damn it, now i'm just turning into Ruthven and his obsession with Narfi." He shoved Jacques away, giving a look. "Excuse me? I think i look rather dashing very much, you on the other hang..eugh...not so much." He sneered. "But you know me, i'm sure someone could love a face like yours." He laughed barely missing a rock that was thrown at him.

"Oh it was nothing really. Just some..er..stuff....Personal reasons, that's the word!" He exclaimed. "Nothing you need to worry about. Besidessss. It doesn't matter in the end, well at least for me. We will die soon anyway, you know? Different life spans. Narfi is an octopus while we are eels. Ruthven gets to choose if he wants to live with that or not. I'll tell him to do it of course, but it's his choice. I'm just there, it doesn't affect me in the long run if you get my gist." He explained. "It's life and well. life doesn't last the same for everyone. The same goes for you. Did you know piranha live for around 10 years and betta fish 2-5? You peaked like...a whole while ago." He pondered for a few moments. "well, nevermind. It's no good just sitting around talking about age. When we die, we die. So what's to lose?"

"Well, bet you can force someone into doing so, you always had that...erm...charm so to say?" Ubel said, he was going to say more before laughing his head off. "You shoulda seen the look on your face! Priceless!" He gasped out. Ubel recoiled his tail when it was hit, though it didn't stop his laughing fit. "Oh come onnnn, you can laugh. I can tell you thought it was funny but you're holding the straight face." He did stop eventually but kept calling Jacques baby girl instead of his regular taglines such as dude/bro/mate.

"Wha..hey!" Ubel snarled, a light tinge of pink appeared on his ears before going away quickly. "That's no fair! It's worse coming from someone who is older!" He grumbled. Crossing his arms, not flinching as Jacques threw a shell at him. "Well I think i'm not that deep into my love interest, not like I have any at this moment.." he muttered. "Besides, how awkward would that be? Confessing to someone close only to get friendzoned. Then you would never see them the same! I could, and would never!" Ubel gave a look at Jacques. "Are you trying to hint at something? You seem awfully confident with that scenario. Not sure I like that from you.." He rolled his eyes. "Wow. What a love story this is!" he snickered as he faked danced with Jacques. "Aren't you good on your tail? Betcha can't keep up with me though." He taunted.

Ubel gave a look, as if in deep in thought before giving a dismissive shrug. "what can I say? It's not like I have one. I don't need one, nor do I even think I want one. Time is short, there isn't anyone...well." He stopped at that thought. Seeming to change whatever he was going to say on the spot. "Well. if i wanted to find someone, I would have to travel all seven seas to find someone suitable for me, I am a particular person. No one here jumps out."

Ubel was silent as he was dragged with Waverly. Staring blankly at the now broken ship. The crew that were on the ship managed to get away from the crumbling structure but not without a scratch and a bit of shock. The ship crashed into the ground with a huge bang, almost knocking Ubel back. Akijan rushed forward to help his crew, pulling them away from the shipwreck. "IS EVERYONE ALRIGHT?!" He shouted into the murky waters, filled with debris and dust now. He waved his arm around, trying to get a head count and seeing if he missed anyone. Thankfully, everyone was all accounted for and safe, though not much could be said for the ship itself. In ruins and beyond repair. He wasn't sure how this happened, as it was just in perfect condition a few moments before. Though before that, he needs to first catch the offenders who might have been responsible.

Ubel was the first one to notice Akijan heading towards them. "OH CARP! HE SAW!" Ubel exclaimed to the others, pointing at Akijan and the dark cloud that followed him. "Oh what did you do Waverly?! You just wrecked his ship! What were you thinking?!" Ubel shouted before going silent as Akijan swam up to them. "Hello!" Akijan said cheerfully, but his tone seemed laced with poison. "I hope your doing wonderful on this beautiful afternoon, though I do have an inquiry. Do you might know who is the cause of my ship getting wrecked?" He questioned, motioning his arm towards the ship. "Just wondering as I know for sure, I saw you three near it before the incident happened." He looked quite cheerful but no one could avoid the tone of "I might kill you" underneath his facade.

“It means if you annoy me enough…you may just become a snack.” He grinned mockingly at Ubel.
Jacques laughed at Ubel “Ubel,Ubel,Ubel your very much into all this romantic stuff so why don’t you tell me what comes next?” He asked booping Ubel on his nose brushing his tail across soon after caressing his face, though the final tail fin slapping Ubel before he pulled it back behind him.
“Oh what are you thinking then?”he raised his eyebrow leaning in close to Ubel, drawing back as Ubel unveiled his dramatic scene.
Jacques clapped his fins together “bravo,bravo you know you should go for acting maybe you’ll get one of those erm,fish awards or something?” He smiled as he floated there brushing his tail fins.

Jacques rolled his eyes looking at Ubel in pure disbelief “really? You had to go the extra notch? Couldn’t have just kept it as a simple thing had to emphasis and stop begging me your eelness is all slippery when wet.” He said brushing himself down.
“Oh and for the record no -15 points on your acting for that confession….” He sighed looking at Ubel “next time add a litttlle more flair, more spotlight on me okay?” He laughed as he. Pulled Ubel close whispering in his ear “the feeling is mutual though, next week on the old rock pool 8pm don’t stand me up okay?” He smiled winking at Ubel as he swam in a posing manner.

Jacques perked up at the sound of Fish biscuits, he loved those, somehow the only place he could get them was at Nafri’s somehow the guy just had oodles of them and no where else does kinda how their friendship blossomed though he did get on with Ubel better than the other two, but staying on Nefri’s good side had its perks and free fish biscuits.
“Hey isn’t that what best friends do…they mock each other honestly if you fell over and I didn’t laugh I’d question our relationship.” He scowled at Ubel.

“Oh so I see how it is? Well I could be one of those forgetful fish and you would de friend me for something I couldn’t control..how could you Ubel, here you stand confessing your love and yet you leave as such a thing that is out of my control are you that selfish to deprive me of your love!” He swam in a circle around Ubel.
Jacques sighed “I mean I can’t disagree to be honest if I tried I’d get slapped. But maybe I don’t know love really isn’t my thing it’s more like your thing.” He sighed brushing the thought of on how lonely he felt.

Jacques swam around looking up and down at Ubel “well that conversation escalated very deeply into an area of being classed as depressive?” He shrugged “ happy eel aren’t we?” He chuckled. He looked rather interested that Ubel knew about his hero to age and history of the species. “Im Impressed you took the time to learn about mwah?” He pulled Ubel’s cheeks “isn’t that really sweet of you!” He chuckled eating about her fruit.

Jacques scowled at Ubel “why say it like that? What’s so funny…Ubel bro….seriously stop it! You’re embarrassing me on passing by fish! Get up off the sea bed!” He shook his head folding his arms watching Ubel laughing.

“It wasn’t funny, isn’t funny I am not laughing it may be some what humorous” the smile creeped across his face.

“Worse? How so? That pink on your face says a thousand words…” he shrugged smirking. “Well if you say so I mean you get into all that lovely dovey stuff fairly quickly so I can say you may be invested you just don’t wanna admit it! Besides who said you’d be freindzoned? Honestly you might be pleasantly surprised? Have try especially if they are seeming like they feel the same?” He smirked nudging Ubel.

“Maybe I am, maybe I’m not? You’ll never know unless you ask baby girl?” He smiled as he ignored Ubel’s reaction and danced with him laughing the whole time not realising he actually said out loud “this is dreamy!” He looked at Ubel “okay you think I can’t let’s dance you and I?” He smiled seemingly having a lovely time with Ubel. Some reasons he didn’t understand he wanted it not to end.

“Huh, I see no one here takes your fancy? That’s said makes your pledge of love to me seem heartless?” He taunted. “You really know how to build someone’s feelings up to let them fall way done ubee!” He said seeming disappointed though was hard to tell if it was genuine or not.

As Waverley swam them away he looked frantically at Ubel “me? You scared the crap out of me…it just happened I can’t help it…” he sighed seeming rather scared by the who situation. As AkiJan headed over to them Waverley gulped really loudly! Jacques however hid behind scared of the approaching AkiJan.

Wanting to spare his life and Ubel’s he spat out at Akijan “it was Waverley! All him, not us he wrecked your ship we were…..the ones who caught him trying to escape your welcome!” He smiled.
Waverley gasped shocked looking AkiJan in the eyes “I-I-I-I erm, im sorry, they panicked me and it set of my shipwreck instinct I didn’t want to I was actually admiring your ship it’s beautiful..” he said seeming disheartened as he looked up at AkiJan.

Ubel pushed Jacques's fin away from his face. "Aren't you more brave than before." He snickered. "Before, you would run away from any interaction, glad to see you grew out of that phase. Besides, i'm not always into this romantic stuff. It's just something that interests me but other than that, just another topic to chat about if there isn't anything else." Ubel sighed. "Oh I don't know...something with more pizazz that's for sure." He smirked, leaning on his hand as he stared at Jacques. "An actor eh? Nah. That life ain't for me. I have all that I want here. My brother, Narfi, you, friends. The place I grew up in. What more could I want? It would be a bit selfish dontcha think?" He asked, staring at the endless blue sea beyond them. "Nor have I ever crossed the abyssal plain. You know what they say, those that go past the ravine, never come back."

"Aw, are you really against the idea? I mean you did say I should become an actor, a star! I mean. Who could resist my charm?" He asked, showing off. "WHAT??? How rude." He scoffed, folding his arms across his chest. "It was a good performance and you know it! Besides, it's MY performance. Your just a side character in my main character moment!" He proclaimed. Ubel turned sharply around when Jacques grabbed his arm. Staring at the rock in front of him blankly as the words were whispered to him. His heart thumped loudly in his chest. "I..er.." Ubel tried to speak but was rendered speechless.

"I see your eyes, you can't fool me!" Ubel smirked, waving his hand around. "i'll get my dear Narfi to get some for ya, It's not like he eats them. Says they have a pungent taste and smell bad. But oh well. More for us!" He declared. "Is that so? Well i shouldn't be falling over because you would be there to catch me." Ubel smirked, knowing the full effect of his words. "But alas, laughs shouldn't be gatekeeped. Laugh if you want to, I know I will." Ubel said, waving his hand dismissively before watching Jacques circle him, his arms crossed. "Selfish? What a joke. I'm just simply waiting for you to accept my love, but alas. You speak of nought and decay, your words hurt the heart and soul, your mind is tainted with foolish desires. So come, and I'll show you the love that you seek so much." Ubel whispered, bringing Jacques close before letting him go.

"Is that so? Well I guess it is. If you're still single after all this time." Ubel sighed, resting his arm on a rock and leaning against it. "I mean, you know that one fish that had a crush on you, whats-her-face...Oh! Jewlica. She was heads over tails for you yet you turned her away. No wonder how you got that bad reputation among the others." Ubel shrugged. "Hey! Enough with the cheek pinching!" Ubel complained, attempting to take Jacques's webbed fingers off his face. "Embarrassing you? I would never!! You know I mean good...babygirl." He laughed. "Well you can't hide that smile from me!" Ubel pounced on Jacques's, stretching his face. Attempting to form a grin.

"Oh come on! It's a natural reaction! Don't twist it!!" He groaned, rubbing his face. "Invested? Pleaseeeee spare me the details. I don't need to hear it." He waved his hand in annoyance, turning away from Jacques. "Oh NOW you're the expert in love! Wonderful timing." Ubel muttered. "Friendzoned, twilight zoned. It's the same thing. Just forget about it. I'll tell them as my death bed confession. How about that." He compromised, but could tell Jacques wasn't impressed with his answer. Ubel stared at Jacques as if trying to pick words from his face alone. "Fine. I'll take the first step." He got up into Jacques personal space, poking a finger at his chest. "Were or were you not being a fib about that?"

"Dreamy? You think this is a dream?" Ubel questioned as they danced in the water. "Well wake up romeo, spoiler alert, it isn't." Ubel laughed. "Well, everyone knows betta fish are just pretty but there is nothing inside and piranhas are all bark but no bite, care to prove me wrong?" Ubel questioned, tightening his grip in Jacques hands. "It's not.." Ubel frowned. He didn't say much more, just looked at Jacques for a while. "You seem rather disappointed. Which I wasn't expecting from my best friend. It's not like it involves you, at least..." Ubel never finished that sentance, opting to go quiet before Jacques found Waverly.

Akijan looked between Waverly, Jacques and Ubel. Staying silent for a few moments before rubbing his face. "Just give me info so I can settle the legal part of this. Breaking a ship just like that is no easy feat, nor is it cheap to fix." He stood there, arms crossed waiting for what he requested which didn't come for a bit. All three slightly confused on what Akijan had just requested before Ubel was the first to speak up. "Right away!" He exclaimed, quickly filling out a piece of parchment to hand to Akijan. "Narfi is the one to go to! For both of us!" He said, squeezing Jacques close to him. "That dude on the other hand, not with us." He scowled.

Akijan gave a look at the parchment and sighed. "Why did I even bother.." He muttered. He turned to waverly and after getting his fathers info, he bid them farewell but not for long as he went to check up the damages before visiting Narfi and Waverly's father. Ubel gave a sigh of relief before groaning. "Oh carp no! Narfi's going to kill me for sure!!" He wailed. Ruthven could be seen from the shadows, heading towards Ubel. Ubel turned around and noticed the steadily approaching figure and swam away. Screaming to not be killed and for mercy. Though Ruthven, from the looks of it, was not willing to show mercy.

“Guess you could say I grew more tolerable to your oh so lack of personal space.” He shrugged “well I guess that says a lot about our topics when it’s all we’ve talked about today.” He snickered as rummaged his net looking for the best fruit, picking it out and then taking a bite before looking at Ubel picking out one for him too.

Jacques thought about it looking at Ubel “I guess so I mean knowing you, you’d drop us for some hot eel or something, then forget we even exist I bet even treat Narfi like dirt… you’d be so enveloped in it that new pretty eel tool the spotlight..yeah maybe I fact scrap that idea I like having you around makes my day less….boring.” His words so carefree that he turned to Ubel tilting his head “Whaa you haven’t been across there? Well neither have I but you know…I do wonder what’s out there.” He paused staring out also with Ubel “hey I have an idea why don’t we tomorrow head out there? C’mon it’ll be an adventure an Ubel and Jacques grand sea adventures to the depth for darkness, personally I just wanna see you squirm and I have to be the hero and come save you!” He smirked cheekily at Ubel.

“Well… I guess I just never really thought about it much.” He shrugged pretty much putting an end to whatever Ubel might next be thinking.
Jacques rolled his eyes “me a side character in your main performance? You being the main character… funny I thought Narfi was the main character you and your twin being the pawns in his little chess game? You think you can out limelight Narfi well if that’s the case I DARE you to prove it to me!” He folded his arms watching the slight worry brush across Ubel’s face with his words. Though Jacques words were plagued with jokingness he was curious as to whether he could actually do it, truth be told he didn’t know how scary Narfi really was they have always been On decent terms not pally pally but cordial to say the least.
Jacques looked at Ubel and smiled “wow you really have got that acting down to a tee, it’s almost like your too speechless to respond, oh is that a tint of pink I see, strange seeing it on an eel though. You’re getting soft Ubee the words of love soothes your soul does it not?” He looked back still to see him frozen “ seabream to Ubee hellooooooo! Wake up slippery head!”

Looking up Jacques sighed “you saw nothing, your clearly imagining things..but yeah erm, get me some of those biscuits im running on short supply and honestly I don’t really like to ask him one days he’s gonna say to me is all I am to you a supply of fish biscuits and well to be brutally honest….kinda those biscuits are the bomb.com. Don’t quote me on that I saw this fallen sign thinggy had it on it, thought it was cool DON’T QUESTION ME.”

Jacques sighed “but then who would laugh at you when you did fall? I wouldn’t be able to be your best friend cause only lovers save the best catch of the day in their arms” he quickly pushed Ubel and swooped him up with his arms. “I think maybe you get the point hm? 10 acting points to me?” He smirked making it hard to tell if he was meaning it or genuinely actually feeling something?

Jacques internally rolled his eyes “well if that’s the case I dare you prove to me that I am your chosen one you speak of love and yet your actions do not compare to the strong words you have given me so prove your love to me, don’t just declare to me words I need to see you mean it, feel you mean it and most of all, be asked that question little Ubee.” He smiled brushing his fin hands across Ubels face caressing as he pulled his face closer their noses almost touching, but soon enough he pulled away getting distracted by something on the coral ahead and swimming over to it.

Jacques turned back his eyes scowling at Ubel “and didn’t we say we vowed to never mention her name again she was just….too clingy, she’s like a female Pete… besides she assumes silence meant yes and told the whole entire clan that we were a thing I just…” he sighed as he remembered it all.

He punched Ubel’s cheeks once more “why should I I’m older remember?” He smiled continuing to do so even as Ubel tried to prise his hands away. “Well baby girl get off the ground and stop giggling like a seal…” he dragged Ubel up though immediately regretted it as Ubel pounced on his face “leave my face be Ubeeeee!”

Jacques smiled waving his tail mockingly “twisty,twist,twisty twist. Imma twist it all the time.” He laughed “mkay if you say so BABY GIRL!” He laughed having too much fun teasing Ubel.

“Hmmm maybe I always was I just never told you, who am I to sit by a flicker night fish, with sappy love music dreaming only of the house not feeling so empty, hoping one day I won’t wake up alone but have someone to hold as dawn breaks, someone coming in with a fish biscuit for me and just…..never mind it’s not important.” He brushed it off quickly. “Eh, I mean do you I guess? But that’s a very lonely life Ub, should tell them before you have a chance to loose them.”
Jacques looked perplexed at Ubel “fibbing about what?” He questioned genuinely looking puzzled.

“So you mean that this dance is real and it’s a love story baby girl said yes?” He snickered as he spun Ubel.
“Nawww baby girl thinks I’m pretty stop, your making me blush…okay keep going I wanna hear more..” He smiled chin in the palm of his tail fin staring at Ubel “all bark and no bite? You heard my story about the kid? You’re just lucky tis all. Besides maybe I kinda left out the part why everyone hated me with the whole Jewlica thing….I erm actually did bite…..her.. the time she didn’t come out for a week…..kinda my doing … IN MY DEFENCE SHE WAS BEING HELLA ANNOYING!” He shrugged sighing for a moment but it didn’t last long till he was back to himself no love lost there.

“It’s…nothing just a thought brushed passed me” he sighed bit the two remained silent for a moment before going and pestering Waverly.

Jacques nodded agreeing with what Ubel said though wasn’t liking the fact that now Narfi was involved bye bye fish biscuits.
Waverley sighed looking down apologising constantly fro the damage As he watched AkiJan go.

Jacques sighed seeing Ruthven “Ruthy, buddy sup?” He said softly as he then proceeded to watch Ubel get chased. “So erm gotta go see the boss eh?” He shrugged.

Waverley on the other had silent in his room heard the discussions between his father and AkiJan he frowned a lot and honestly the foul wording his father used to describe him were unimaginable, even throwing in he wished he didn’t have a son like him and pointed out Sol his right hand fish, one same age as Waverley.

Sol apologised on his behalf and rest assured it wouldn’t happen again. “The kiss up.” Waverley frowned. As he watched AkiJan leave he swam up to him tapping him on the shoulder “hey, erm I really am sorry about your ship, honestly I’ve dreamed of being on board one of those my whole life she was beautiful honestly it really was an accident I have this thing that happens when I get panicked or scared and they genuinely did. I know it means little to you but it broke my heart to see your ship break in two she was honestly stunning. I can collect some bits that’s fallen and honestly there is a place where You can restore it just is a bit of a trek and well do you believe in the story of the traveler?”

"Well, the perk that comes with being my friend for who knows how long. Ten or so years?" He questioned, attempting to count on his fingers but gave up. "Well. Is there something else you want to talk about?" He questioned. Taking the fruit from Jacques. "Do ya ever get something different besides the same old. I know a bunch of fruits that they sell besides this one. Is this your favourite?" He inquired, brandishing the fruit at Jacques. "No? Is it just cheap?" He gave a sigh. "Bah. The economy might as well be damned if the most common fruit you can find is as expensive as five sand dollars for two fruits. I'll kill someone if it ever gets to ten to one. No one needs another crash in the market like it did a few years ago. Jeez, i'm already getting bad thoughts thinking about it."

"Drop you? Do you think i'm that easily swayed by something?" He asked. Crossing his arms over his chest. "And here I thought you knew me better. You know i won't just drop you like a sack of potatoes because of someone hot." He scoffed, clearly offended by the suggestion. "Less boring eh? Am i thattttt charming? That Jacques of all people wants to hang out with me?? And that they love to hang out with me??? What a dream..." He snickered. "Dude. I'm not that dumb. What do you take me as? You know all those tales about how people went across the ravine and never came back. I don't want my face to be plastered everywhere like someone trying to find their lost fish!!"

"You just want me killed don't you." Ubel sighed, not having it. "Dude. The abyssal plain is not something to be treated lightly. It's like..a whole 'nother world out there! Yet your making it seem like any old adventure people go on a whim. If we were to go past the ravine, we need to prepare like we never did. As well as telling everyone you know goodbye because we sure as heck aren't coming back." He scowled, even thinking about it soured his mood. "So you wanna see me squirm? is that it?" he sighed slightly shoving Jacques. "I'm sure you can see that...without all the let's cross the ravine stitch."

"Narfi..is the main character. In their own story, not mine." Ubel scowled. "Ya know. The saying with everyone is their own main character in their own story and everyone else are side characters. It's just like that. I don't think I can outshine Narfi, even if I wanted to. I would never try. I would like to keep my head thank you very much." He chuckled. "Love soothes my soul eh? Now aren't you the fancy word one now." He snickered. Waving his hand in unison with Jacques. "yes I'm here. I'm alive. Now are you?" He inquired, pushing his finger into Jacques's chest.

"Well. I mean people in relationships can laugh. It's not like it's just off limits when your lovers." He scoffed. "Well. I mean.." He didn't finish his sentence though, immediately yelping when he was thrown off balance and then being swooped up in Jacques's arms like a bride. "I...er..." Ubel scrambled to find his words but failed. Instead muttering out gibberish as he covered his face. "Argh! You got me, ten points to you!" He proclaimed. "Now be my fish in shining armor and let me go?" He asked, patting Jacques's cheek.

"Dare me to prove that you are the one that stole my heart eh?" He questioned. "Prove my love, how demanding..." He snickered. "Actions, actions..." He leaned in close, closing the space between them, noses practically touching. "Jacques, the love of my life. The one I wish to spend the rest of my life with, my long time friend. Will you take me as yours?" He asked, leaning forward. Kissing Jacques. They stayed there for a moment that lasted a lifetime before Ubel pulled away. Giving a smile. "Actions speak louder than words I suppose. Was that to your liking? I mean...it was the first thing that came to mind my dear Jacques."

"Well. By a little teensy tiny amount." Ubel snickered, "I can't! You're pinning me down!! You try getting up when there is another being on top of you!" he complained. Though as soon as he was released, he pounced on Jacques, grabbing his face like a squishy toy. "And you call me weak. Hah, I laugh in the face of danger!" smirked, dodging feeble attempts to dislodge Ubel from his face. "Gotta try harder baby girl if you want me to stop."

"Oh I don't know, do you believe this dance is real, and just like one of those you find in a classic love story?" He asked, eyes locked on Jacques. "Yes you are pretty, I mean. Everyone is pretty in their own ways, but i suppose you just have some extra flair." He shrugged. "Now you're just trying to feed your ego aren't you?" He laughed and began listing a small list of things he liked about Jacques. "I remember clear as day, Jewlica bawling her eyes out as she showed a new bite mark clean on her arm. You got suspended and everyone steered clear of you when you came back."

Ubel was now trying to pry Ruthven off his back, since Ruthven had latched on and was now nagging and berating Ubel, complaining about how much trouble Ubel will be in and how Narfi would be soooooo upset. Ubel was yelling his apologies multiple times but Ruthven wasn't having it. Dragging Ubel by the ear and beckoning Jacques to follow. They arrived at skull cavern, Ruthven pushing the two of them to enter first, stating that he was just here to watch the chaos ensue. Ubel nervously moved the boulder away from the entrance and entered. Narfi was there, sitting on a small plush clam shell used as a couch. Chewing on a sea star. "Look what the shark dragged in. Come to show your pitiful face after what you done?" He snarled. Finishing the sea star with a small pop of his mouth as he watched Ubel look away.

Akijan turned to face Waverly. His face unreadable, though considering the words he heard from Waverly's father. He wasn't pleased. "What can I do for ya?" He asked. "Er..No need for that. It's alright really. Nothing some shipbuilders can't repair. Though if my father was here, he would have thrown every curse under the sun. He isn't all that lenient but i mean. Mate, mistakes happen. We do things we genuinely didn't mean to do and that's it. All we can do is move forward. You didn't ask for...whatever you have so you should not be responsible. Fear and panic gets the best of us sometimes. I know you didn't mean to do it so no harm done, no bad blood mate." He smiled, patting Waverly on the back. "Ah thanks for the tip mate. I'll check it out after I finish some other things down under."

"Er, that old fairy tale or whatever you want to call it? Nah. I'm not one to believe all of that. Not saying it isn't true but well. I'm not one for children's tails" He shrugged. "But hey, don't let me stop you. It's a neat story and an interesting one at that. It tells of a traveler from a distant land, supposedly world depending on who you ask. Who came in search of the lost diadem, or so I heard. Though some say it's a trident, go figure or perhaps something else. Though a treasure sums it up just fine. And then after seeking guidance from the witch, some people suggest or theorize that the witch they're talking about is the one that lives in skull cavern, Narfi I believe? And well after that. The traveler vanished. They say that you can hear the sound of pleas near the last known location of said traveler. Some think it's the traveler themselves. Lost and in agony. But who knows, no one does."

“sometimes I feel too long.” He smirked looking back “well I guess there is the topic of life, what’s more than what we do on a daily basis maybe I don’t know seen a new fish show?Tried and new foods?” He prompted as he beamed at Ubel.
Jacques looked in the bag and back at a Ubel and sighed “a bit of both actually? I love them as they have the exotic flavour and well yes they be cheap cause they free from the fruits of nature! That erm, clam I have isn’t cheap you know?” He prodded Ubel’s chest as he scoffed.
Shaking his head he turned away trying to dismiss the thought also as it would mean him struggling more than he already did “yeah let’s not talk about that subject.” He brushed it off quickly as he could as he perched himself on a stone watching Ubel.

“I mean, I guess a slightly miscalculated accusation here, however if you had to choose I’mma hold no real grudges. So if you had to pick me or Nafri? Who would you pick?” He asked looking intently into Ubel’s eyes, fluttering them occasionally to throw him off.
“You better believe it! It’s all true your graces by my presence you’re welcome!” He snickered back.
“I don’t take you for anything negative I think you’d make it hence my suggestion, besides you wouldn’t be alone or lost cause I can be your home!” He snickered grabbing Ubel’s hand kissing it as he bowed his head.

“Me? Now I’m totally offended Ubee, without you I’m nothing… besides who said you’d be alone I’d be there to hold your hand and ward off the scary fishy! No one scares my Ubee like that fins and all.” He smiled.
“Ubee,ubes,uber hear me out it’s not that bad it’s just an old wives tale nothing to it. No one’s gotta say goodbye and no one’s leaving!” He sighed also having his mood soured rather rapidly. Jacques sighed “I guess so…” he looked down quickly changing to proceed to tickle Ubel until he was begged to stop. “Okay I got it!” He smiled “thanks love!”

“Mmmmm, I guess you’re right but still I don’t think I could you know see myself as a main story…you know character. I don’t have all that protagonist crap, I’m happy being a person on the side, like your side character you know I don’t have much to tell so. Makes sense.” He shrugged.
Jacques made a cut throat action with his hand and laughed along with Ubel. “Well you know I can be fancy sometimes you know… Tch what do you take me for?” He retaliated back.
“I mean I’m gonna say yes? As I feel it’s right?” He shrugged not really understanding what he was answer but just went along with it

Jacques laughed as he danced Ubel around swooping him off the ground and hearing the 10 points comment he almost gloated but proceeded to just lift Ubel up right “fine, fine!” He smiled bowing.

“Well it’s only fair, you talk a good talk hit can you walk a good walk, it’s what I wanna know..” he stopped mid sentence as Ubel drew closer to him, his heat pounding fast and his words wanting to escape but all came out were tiny squeaks as the question was asked, but before he could ask he felt Ubel’s lips touch his and for a moment he forgot everything dropping the bag of fruit to the floor of the seabed, his arms slowly reading around Ubel, to embrace him in that short Moment. For a moment the world just stopped.
After Ubel pulled away the what once was green Jacques was now with a large tint of red coming through as he looked at Ubel shocked on what had happened it was real? Did that really just happen…why do I feel all fuzzy inside?
“It erm, yes it was….thank you..” was all he could muster to say.

“Try I dare you. C’mon don’t be such a wimp!” He chuckled as he watched Ubel struggle only to moments later released him from the pin. When it was returned to him he swiped best he could mostly failing “get off meeee UBEEEEE!” Jacques said though he sounded a little annoyed his face was beaming as he still thought about their kiss. “Fine..” he said without a thought kissed Ubel on his own instinct now.

“A bit of both, it’s beautifully peaceful and you’re not wearing a suit so must not be a dream.” He sighed spinning Ubel.
“Ubee, stop faltering me we all know you’re the dashing one here okay? I mean just look at you! Honestly any eel would love to look like you do. You have the whole package. The looks, the love and more!” He chuckled softly but in a sweet Caressing way.
“ I mean perhaps gotta keep up my reputation you know! Oh and Jewlica yes honestly i shouldn’t have been suspended for something so small lest it wasn’t her head…” he scoffed seeming still annoyed about the whole situation.

Jacques followed closely behind sulking loads about what’s going to happen thiugh for some reason he didn’t want to be apart form Ubel, something was drawing him to stay with him what is this feeling inside?. As Nafri spoke Jacques stood silent waiting for his verdict.

Waverley sighed “wow I’m speechless thank you for understanding more I know my father said some things about me but please don’t believe them I know you don’t know me and such but please I really do hope you don’t believe I did it, easy fix or not I am truly sorry. You see for me it was worse but now not so much again physical triggers and it’s devastating I mean you heard him I’m a murder and a pitiful mistake for a son, he wants Sol to replace me, this thing? that’s annoyed him as I have made him owe money and he’s super peeved.” He sighed.

“Honestly I’ve debating running to a small cave and just withering there cause it’s better than being around here and causing anymore pain and suffering.” He looked up at AkiJan “sorry life story, I don’t get to talk to others much as you can probably tell, but I really am sorry please let me help fix it in someways? Let me repay the debt of damage and show you the kindness you praise me that I am forever grateful for.” He smiled. “Sure please do I can even show you the way…maybe….perhaps…I erm.” He swan there rubbing the back of his neck for a kid that came from a more evil family he seemed to be nothing like them. Soon before long his father bellowed his name though Waverley ignored it hearing AkiJan’s story on the traveler had his interests peeked.

He tilted his head “I mean do we even know if it’s a fairy tale though, there are so many points that say it could be true, not here to change your views im just saying like I’m not gonna sound strange here like having this weird thing of ship wrecking like nobody has that right and you can’t tell me that hearing and seeing what happened doesn’t maybe show that things could be true? Like think about it if so for instances like the impossible can seem possible and that diadem I know exists I can’t prove it unless I show someone and figure myself if it’s real but there’s so much to have potential for it to be true and….” He paused as his father appeared.

“I told you to get inside?” He bellowed at Waverley hitting him as he did “I thought he done damage to your shop? Well I see okay fine take him that’s for my side of the payment good day.” He said slamming the door on their face. Waverley looked done and floated down to the rock a little further away sighing thinking about what he was going to do is he homeless now? He just didn’t know…

"Well..." Ubel frowned, running through his mind to see if he did try anything new like Jacques suggested. "Ah from the top of my head, I can think of a couple things. Ruthven made a new dish and we had it on..er...last tuesday? It was alright. His cooking skills aren't the best but he tried so I mean. Who am I to say anything?" He shrugged. Slowly eating the fruit. "I see, I see. Makes sense though, It's the.. uh...sea peach right?" He questioned, turning the fruit around in his hand. "Exotic and easy to get." He noted. "Er, that is true. With the spike in price and all but hey, i'll treat you to some whenever you stop by. They are easy to get with Narfi's hand in the market." He boasted proudly. He noticed the quick change of attitude with Jacques when talking about finances but he decided not to mention it, instead just giving a dismissive shrug as he started to talk about the latest gossip around the bend.

Ubel backed away, clearly intimidated with the new question. "Now you're trying to make me pick between you and Narfi? How cruel." He scoffed. "Well, lets see. In terms of compatibility, i enjoy you more. Narfi is more of a...how should I put this...a work boss. Though I need work so I mean, I can't just drop him like that.." He pondered on who he should pick for a bit before throwing his hands up. "Alright! You got me! I'll choose you!" He smiled, tackling him in a hug. "And no, it's not because I don't want you to hold a grudge against me. You say you won't but I know that look in your eyes." He snickered. "You would be my home if I didn't have one? How chivalrous of you." He smirked.

"Aww, look at you. All red like a goldfish. To flustered to even say anything am I right?" He snickered, nudging Jacques. "Well...there it is. My confession. One that I have been waiting to say since the day the feelings caught ahold of me." He smiled, spreading his hands. "I hope you reciprocate them, but by your reaction, I think i already my answer." He gushed. "Me being a wimp? Talk about overconfidence!" He shot back. Struggling to get away from Jacques. When he succeeded, he pinned Jacques down. Laughing as he did, watching Jacques struggle with little reward.

"So irresponsible of you, I would have hoped you would have had some decency in you by now. As you are far too old to be still acting like a child at this point. Augh, I can't believe you!" he groaned. Muttering curses under his breath. Ubel seemed emotionless to the words, as if he expected them already. Though Narfi wasn't done. "And the headache this must have caused the captain of the ship has caused. The antics you get up to, i swear to Malgosia if you weren't.." He didn't finish his sentence though. Ruthven had come up behind Narfi to attempt to calm him down. Which helped slightly. "Get out of my sight." Narfi commanded. "Go send your apologies to Akijan and then come back. Just be glad you didn't hurt anyone with your antics." He grumbled, turning away and went swimming from sight, not bothering to speak with Jacques who at this point. Could tell Narfi wasn't pleased with him either. Ruthven gave an apologetic stare to Ubel and Jacques before following Narfi deeper into the cave.

Ubel groaned, slumping down onto a rock, covering his face "How mortifying.." he muttered. "If i wasn't already embarrassed back then, I sure am now. He takes me as a fool now! What a day." He sighed. Leaning back against the rock, staring at Jacques. "Argh. Well. I'm sure he wants the same for you, let's get going?" He asked, waving for Jacques to follow him out of the cavern. They made their way to the location of the shipwreck, Akijan and Waverly could be seen in the distance. While Akijan's crew were busy retrieving items from the remains and putting it in crates to sort out later.

"Ah, now worries mate." Akijan said, ruffling Waverly hair. Even though they were only one year apart, Akijan was far taller than Waverly. Allowing him to practically tower over Waverly. "I know what it's like with rather...harsh mouthed parents. Don't worry about it." He said, waving Waverly off. "Ahh. I see, I see. No surprise I will admit, he didn't seem to be the type to let this go easily." He said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head. "When traveling the seven seas, you see a character or two." he chuckled. "No, please don't It's alright. I mean it, nothing I can't get by ya know?" He said.

"Well, thats true but there isn't much proof that it Isn't just a fairytale unless you ask someone who knew the Traveler personally, such as the witch but. Well. There are quite a lot of witches out there, so any of them could have claimed they were the one. It's been decades since the events of the story took place so evidence is far and few between. Though if you don't mind me asking, what brought up the question? It was..kinda out of the blue." He questioned, listening to Waverly's explanation yet was quite wary. Also considering he had just met Waverly today.

Akijan was shocked at Waverly's father's actions. Though stayed silent until he left. "Well that was a reaction." He muttered under his breath. "I don't know how a child of all things is a..payment unless you're seeing them as material value instead of a living being but I digress." He looked at Waverly for a moment before swimming up to him. "Do you wanna crash at my place for the time being? I got a guest room I can spare until you get your living situation under control. I get the feeling and it isn't cool."

Jacques looked around as they entered Narfi’s cave normally they come on good terms here, he gets what he wants, Jacques gets his fish biscuits it’s all peechy keen. But this time the the air was heavy and he knew no gosh biscuits were coming his way as they both now stood heads down as Narfi spoke and they both stood silenced.

Jacques looked up just for a second “Mr Narfi…Your grace please it was my fault Do not punish Ubel for he tried to stop me for my utter most foolish actions. I didn’t listen. It was not on him so please let me take the blame for what is all mine and nothing to do with him.” He muttered sighs as he bowed his head again.
He watched as he was blanked and turned to Ubel as they both headed out the cave.

Jacques pulled Ubel into a small embrace, we will be okay you’ll see. He’s mad but he will get over it, just a small payout he’s the richest of the seven seas!” Jacques snorted. “Let’s go come on!” He said grabbing Ubel’s hand as they swam off together.

Waverley felt the ruffle of hair something no one had ever done for him “hey, watch the hair!” He said swiping at AkiJan thought there was a small laugh that could be heard in his words and a smile on his face. A clear sign affection was never shown to him.

“Yeah? That’s unfortunate…no one should witness the feeling of being unloved.” He sighed as he looked back at the place he should call home. But yeah I mean I guess I suppose tales get exaggerated, changed forgotten and all that so it’s bound to have different versions but imagine being able to talk to the one who actually met the traveler though, that would be something alright. I’d love to be like the traveler break these chains a world without fences so to speak? Where I can swim free…ahem…sorry about that.” He coughed now rubbing the back of his head.
“well, I guess I never really had anyone to idolise when I was a kid, never had friends, siblings my father hardly wanted to know me so I guess it’s just our story version has the traveler to be a lovely person same set up and I guess I just closely related and having not much round here going for me I guess I just wondered… that’s all. Silly I know to think I could be the one to discover the truth and actually be liked that’s bigger than me for sure.. just let’s put it down as maybe I needed conversation, I lack social skills if you couldn’t tell.” He sighed.

“So my father has the son The one who he wished he never had? Looks to make any excuse to blame me for things, Sol isn’t even his but acts like he is and…” he went to continue but as he did Sol was standing beside him arms folded. The typical jock looking mermaid perfect hair, fit physique, well spoken. “Well, we’ll isn’t that Interesting telling a complete stranger all the wrong things about me and your father…tut,tut shame on you Waverley.. honestly anyone would thing your mistreated the way you speak so harshly, we’re not the ones who wreck things and had to keep you in chains? We weren’t the one who couldn’t do much your father needed someone to step up and be his right hand man and unfortunately you just didn’t fit the bill… your ping and pathetic excuse for a self drive you to the state your in so stop blaming us for your doings stop wrecking everything and embarrassing us.” Sol argued as he pinned Waverley against a sharp rock scratching his back open as soo released his grip.

“Son come on get in here now!” His father yelled. Quickly Waverley responded “coming father..” he went to get up before hearing the words “Sol, my son, where are you get here now I literally just called….you.” He looked over shrugged and turned back on with Sol smirking straight at Waverley who sunk down to the rock.
Waverley looked up at AkiJan trying to hide the sorrow that bewildered him. “If that’s okay, I’ll help out in anyways I….thank you. I wrecked your ship why are you helping me?” He asked confused more than anything else but as AkiJan said no more before heading off Waverley grabbed a few of his favourite dinglehoppers with Waverley next to him he just took him back to his place Waverley was overwhelmed by how stunning the place was better than his little cell he was in there was an actual bed for starters. He placed his forks on the table gently and a small folded map as he headed to the spare room swimming around it investigating getting that excited he hit his head on the roof above causing his tail to slap his face which immediately embarrassed him infront of AkiJan.

Though a little while back following them over here was Ubel and Jacques floating up to the door Jacques turned to Ubel “okay you knock on the door..” he said pushing ubel Infront towards the door.

Narfi didn't say anything to Jacques's feeble attempts to shoulder the blame, simply scoffing and turning away. "You disappoint me. To do something so reckless, thinking you will get off without a scratch. Hah, what a joke." He snarled, turning away from the duo in a huff. Ruthven didn't say anything either as he silently followed Narfi, hands behind his back as silence enveloped the cavern once more. Ubel gave a sigh of defeat, muttering words under his breath, not loud enough Jacques could hear. "Well that set me back." He groaned, rubbing his face. Jacques's embrace didn't give him a mind of ease, rather making him more jittery. "He won't. He isn't the type to just forget. And move on. As if nothing happened." He sighed, staring at where Narfi and Ruthven had left. "Sure he is, but it's...the learning of your actions he is more interested in. Not what he has to pay." He grumbled. "But either way, it's a pretty penny i'm sure to pay back the repairs."

"Sorry mate." Akijan chuckled, backing away. "But when your that short, it can't be helped." He snickered, using his hand to motion at the height difference. "Ah, that's true. But people are people, you can't help what they think of others and such. Sometimes, all you get is the short end of the stick. It ain't fair but when has life been fair? It all happens and you just gotta do it. Even if it's morally wrong to do so." He gave a shrug. "Suppose that would be an eye opener, talking to someone famed for a folktale. Have you tried asking around? I can't have been the first person to be asked, i mean. You just met me." He pointed out. "Er, i wouldn't say lacking...just..inexperienced. Your doing fine as of right now though."

"Ah, a classic stereotype. You hate to see that." Akijan muttered, getting flashbacks from past experiences with the same type of character. Akijan was shocked when he saw Sol smash Waverly against a rock, he immediately swam over, pulling Sol off Waverly. "The hell?" He yelled, bewildered at the fact Sol physically abused Waverly. When Sol tried to say anything to Akijan he shushed him immediately. "I’m gonna need you to put those few remaining brains cells together and work with me here, okay? I’m not interested in what you have to say. Good-bye." He snarled, helped Waverly up as he turned away from Sol and Waverly's father. When Sol attempted to aggravate Akijan again, he turned around and gave an annoyed sigh. "Since you seem to know everything, how are you so unaware of when to shut up?" He questioned, when Sol wasn't able to give an answer. He waved them goodbye and left with Waverly.

Akijan led Waverly to his abode, unlocking the door and ushering Waverly in. "It's not much but I think it will get the job done. I don't live here very much, traveling and all so I don't clean it as neatly as I should but I hope it is to your liking." He said, setting his tricorne down. The house was quite spacious, a bit too spacious for just one person but seemed all the more comfortable. It was decorated with odd trinkets, most likely treasures Akijan picked up during his travels. Lots of maps and other memorabilia most likely related to Akijan's heritage. Akijan led Waverly to his bedroom for the time being, pointing out a couple items and motioning towards other parts of the house as a small tour.

Ubel made a face at jacques as he slowly inched towards the door, hesitating before taking the knocker and hitting it against the door a couple times before standing back. Akijan heard the knocks and let Waverly be as he swam to the front door, opening it to see Jacques and Ubel. "Hello, are you in need of anything?" He questioned, slightly confused but waited to hear a response. Ubel gave a frantic nod, motioning for Jacques to speak first. Afterwords, he handed Akijan a letter which contained the sum that Narfi had given them to give to Akijan for the damages. Akijan opened the letter, read the letter and gave a nod. "Sounds all good to me, thanks for the delivery, tell Narfi a thanks for his regards in the matter."

“Set you back? Hey Ubee, come on nothing can set you back!” He smiled trying to cheer him up even just a tad.
“You really think he has time to remember all the crap anyone does that annoys him? Have you seen the guys complexion? He hasn’t got a single stress spot on his face, he will get over this hate to say it I’m sure he’s gotta better things to do than worry about two sillies doing something silly hm?” He laughed but stopped quickly seeing Ubel not laughing.
“Well then next time don’t get caught.” He poked at Ubel’s cheek swimming around him “you found love in a hopeless place I will take all punishment for you, I don’t wanna see you sad or hurt your my Ubee!” He pecked him on the cheek before grabbing his hand “now come on let’s go do Narfi’s deed for him.”

“Hey I’m not that short I just have a long tail and minus the rest..” he sighed but laughed seeing Akijan measuring their height difference swiping his hand away once more.
Waverley folded his arms rising his eyebrow “short end of the stick you had to bring another short joke in?” He scoffed with a little smile.
He pondered for a second “I mean I guess life for me has always been full of hardships so I guess what’s new?”

Waverley rubbed the back of his neck “erm, actually you’re the first…no one wants to speak to me let alone come near me, they think of I look at them then I’ll wreck them break a bone or something, when actually it’s just ships, nothing else. No one around here really talks about the traveler it’s kinda how do I say forbidden amongst the merkind.” He sighed looking hopeless.
He beamed at the compliment AkiJan gave smiling a bit too much as he took it as maybe he enjoyed talking to him…worst of to assume though.

Sol looked back at AKiJan “how dare you involve yourself in this it’s nothing to do with you, leave me and the wrench!” He said as he was pulled of daggers staring at Waverley with a “I’ll get you later you little worm!”
Waverley looked up trying to cover his newly scratched back from the scent reaching any near piraña or shark.

Sol and Waverley’s father both scoffed as Sol gave his woe speech to him “look at my tail Waverley did that to it, the boy always wrecks things!” He said as Waverley’s dad comforted him.
Waverley sighed as he swam off with Akijan.

He was in awe of everything smiling at nearly everything “this is amazing what a home looks like, my mother spoke so much of all these things and how cozy it felt. She’d sing me lullaby’s based on them.” He smiled looking at a small bowl of shells looking at each one his eyes wide.
“You have so much space and room!” He swam around all the spare space swirling a couple of times laughing joyfully.

“All this is it your family’s passed down? Or did you find it when you traveled?” He asked looking at every piece in detail before being shown the rest of the black before ending the tour at the spare room.

As he heard the door being knocked at he continued to look around in awe still of everything.

Jacques looked at Akijan “well here to send our apologies we didn’t mean to cause a big accident.” He said quickly and abruptly.
Before Akijan tried to slam the door on them Jacques stopped him “errrm sorry to stop you slamming the door and such but could I apologise to the kid? I don’t know his name but I know he came with you here…I just feel if I didn’t scare him none of this would have happened we’re not bad we were just bored… so can I?” He asked before a smash could be heard.

They all swam to the spare room to see Waverly hidden in the corner shaking.
“The kid see something?” He asked.
Waverley looked up in the corner of his eye “please don’t hit me I’m sorry I didn’t mean to it was an accident I saw something in the distance they said if you saw it it mean someone was hunting you down and I panicked and dropped it I’m so sorry I can fix it just please don’t hurt me…” he said cowering away. Jacques filed his head in confusion he never really realised how bad Waverley’s situation actually was truth was he barely knew him.

Akijan gave a scoff. "For your god awful personality, I would have hoped Waverly did more than just nick your tail. I mean heck, I'll pray to freaking Malgosia that her statue falls on you. Knowing what Malgosia did to her people during her reign, that's saying something." he grumbled, turning Waverly around as he slowly patted down Waverly. Cleaning the wound of any debris that had floated in before wrapping a bandage around the cut. "Good riddance they're gone, if they spewed anything more, I might have snapped." Akijan muttered as they swam away from the duo. Akijan unlocked the door and ushered Waverly in, closing the door behind him as he did final check of Waverly's wounds. "Huh, let me know if they bleed through. It's a nasty cut, though nothing I haven't seen." He said, tossing Waverly a bottle of antibiotics. "Or you can do it yourself, though I doubt you can reach your back but hey. Feel free to prove me wrong."

"Well. It's a....family home. With their aristocracy and the sand dollars they can throw around like nothing, it's easy for them to get a house. Or a whole complex for that matter. This was the only one I was given but it's way too big for comfort. Though I suppose it's helpful for times like this." He said, staring at Waverly exploring every nook and cranny. "Ah, I won't lie. I thought you would be a bit more...how would I say this...aware of stuff such as this." He said, motioning towards the house itself. "You look like a new born fish finally getting let out of the nest. If..you get what I'm trying to say." He chuckled, now feeling awkward with his phrasing.

"Ah, my parents...or any family members for that matter, aren't the type to keep family heirlooms or memorabilia. So this is all stuff I collected on my travels. Such as this." He picked up a huge pearl, the largest one Waverly has ever seen. The lustrous shine is unmatched, even from high grade pearls. "It's The Pearl of Pearls, a basic title if you ask me. Some merpeople call it The Pearl of Malgosia. Which makes sense considering this is the main symbol of Malgosia. I found this off a shipwreck, that was heading to...I think the Kuroyuri valley. It's a huge land mass on the east coast, filled with the elusive black variety of water lilies. Since most of them come in pastel shades or tones you find in jewels. Like blue or orange." He explained before putting the pearl back on it's pedestal. "Not sure why a boat would go near the island though, It's quite a rough ride over there, and the island is covered with fog all year. Making it hard to traverse. Though I suppose the flowers could be worth the struggle."

Akijan swam to the door, opening it to see Jacques and Ubel. Confusion filled his face though it was replaced with a raised eyebrow. He had every reason to be wary of them to begin with. "Is there something you need?" He questioned, listening to what Ubel and Jacques had to say. "I see, well thank you." His goodbye was short lived when Jacques stopped him from closing the door. "Ah. You wish to speak with him? I'll ask him first." He said, turning around to call for Waverly but stopped when he heard the crash. Swimming quickly only to see Waverly crouched in the corner, the remains of a broken pot floating in the water. Akijan didn't say much, reaching out to take the pieces of the pot. Turning them over in his hand. "Can you leave us?" He asked, turning to Ubel and Jacques, quickly moving them from the room and shutting the door.

He swam over to Waverly, turning him around to face him. "It's alright, I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to make sure you didn't get cut from the pieces." He said calmly, turning Waverly over, satisfied at seeing no injuries. "Before you say anything, It's just a pot. I'm not going to throw you out or anything. Nor am I going to ask if you can replace it, as i'm not going to put you through finding another one." He chuckled, helping Waverly calm down. "I don't know what your father would do when this happened, but know it's not going to happen here. Alright?" He said, holding Waverly at the shoulders. "Now, take some deep breaths. It's going to be alright." He patted Waverly's back lightly, in attempt to ease his anxiety.

Akijan helped Waverly up, making sure his cut wasn't reopened with the movement. Only leaving to dispose of the pieces when he was sure Waverly was better and not freaking out. He didn't spare Jacques or Ubel a glance as he tossed the pieces out. Coming back to open the cupboard for something to eat. "You wanted to apologize to Waverly yes? He is in that room, I told him beforehand and he accepted. Off you go." He said, acting like the father of the group with his mannerisms and tone. He tore open a seaweed bar and sat in the kitchen, letting them have their privacy.

Sol scoffed looking back scowling at AkiJan “HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME LIKE THIS WE JUST GAVE YOU MONEY SO HUSH WHERE YOUR BUSINESS DONT LIE.” He scoffed continuing to walk away.
Waverley sighed “thanks for patching me up, I’m kinda use to the way I’m treated around here, I swear it’s like they think Sol is a god or something, but Pray to the statue of Magosia never heard that as a threat before?”
Waverley swam in a circle trying to see the wound but to no avail he looked at Akijan “thank you though I’ll try I can’t seem to see it myself.” He said waving the idea off as trying to be funny but failing.
He quickly tried to catch the antibiotics but to he usual standard the bottle ended up on the sea bed rather than his hand. “Aha, maybe that’s a challenge I never tried my fin end can reach my back but erm, anything too complicated like dressing it can’t do so point to you for that one. But honestly really great ful for what your doing for me” he smiled softly.

“Amazing and you inherited it all wow, your family must love you?” He asked looking down rather quickly at AkiJan’s next comment “I mean sure if I was ever allowed in that side sure I would have been but my section is that little outside room never been allowed any further in “ he shrugged “after was embarrassed by me so was making it like I didn’t exist… sometimes wonder if he kept me only as he was too stubborn not to listen to her on her….. last words shall we say.” He looked away seeming upset about the whole topic.

The feeling was quickly diminished as he investigated everything more “well I kinda am I mean it’s all so new to me and all the heritage, I love history so all this is like a Field trip for me” he looked over as he placed a shell safely down.

Waverley nodded and when Akijan pulled out a ginormous pearl “WOAH MOTHER OF PEARL! How the heck so huge!” His voice in awe as he was admiring the pearl in every which way. “Wow so you made it all the way over? How I thought sea was rough there, how did you make it through let alone alive?” He asked. “This is extraordinary you saw the famous island knowing for shipwrecking and you and the ship made it out alive? Wow I feel kinda powered for being the one to wreck your ship and the worlds renowned island couldn’t even destroy it!” He looked back noting AkiJan’s face and recoiled “sorry I didn’t mean to…” he sighed “the flowers heads are a delicacy anyone who wants to be deemed Honoured tries to travel to get them though none of our kind made it back to tell the tale.”

Jacques quickly pondered as he had to think fast before AkiJan closes the door “yes, yes I wanna apologise to him” he said his voice different he wasn’t one to do apologies normally would be the one to make these things happen laugh and be on his merry way.
Upon hearing the smash Jacques looked at Ubel more in a way to say the kid can do objects not just ships?”
As they checked the scene Jacques grabbed Ubel and they waited outside, Jacques leaned his head on Ubel’s shoulder “what a day your my boyfriend for not even a day and I’m trouble for you sure you wanna put up with this? I’m not an easy fish to fry you know?” He smiled brushing Ubel’s cheeks gently.

Waverley tried to stay close to the corner of the room as possible but AkiJan’s strength was no match for him, he turned reluctantly shaking as he looked at him holding his hands cupped as the blood flowed freely.
He sighed “im sorry I really am I just sometimes have fish fingers you know? Slippery and honestly I wreck anything beautiful I touch it seems, everyone wonders why I don’t have a girl friend… but I don’t think that’s the reason I don’t… he sighed I wreck everything. I know and I’ve always been punished highly for it.” He showed his tail and seeing to up close could see how frayed and damaged his tail and himself really are. Burned patches on the tail, scratch marks, lack of fin where it feathered out.
He was a state not as pristine as Sol the chosen one was.

He felt somewhat at ease as he spoke to Akijan like it was oaks thing he found comforting sksmthjng odd though he was waiting for the instant change of maybe realising what he broke going crazy and then shoving him out
In the abyss.

“I’m, better now thank you for not hurting me for it i erm am eternally greatful. I’ll try my best to fix it or something perhaps. But thank you.” He sighed deeply exhaling his breath relived that he didn’t have to go through that torture routine tonight at least.

Waverley nodded as Akijan left the room allowing Jacques and Ubel to enter he turned quickly. “What do you both want?” He asked not aggressively but a bit directly.
“To apologise im sorry bro for your erm situation right now didn’t know it was that bad?” Jacques said folding his arms looking down.
“You think it’s okay if I lived In a gosh home? It’s never good to mess with that you know what happens. But alas I can’t blame you I still haven’t fully controlled it. But thanks for the apology and stopping by though can you tell me…” he paused looking at them both “can you tell me of Narfi is connected to the Traveler in some way… I know your both from his area so assumed you would have an idea?” Waverley asked as he sat on the edge twiddling his thumbs.

"You gave me money...right." He muttered, pulling out the envelope and shaking it in front of Sol's face. "From the looks of it, you gave me enough to buy a snack so that i can have something to eat while waiting for the mechanics to fix her up. So yes, you did you give me money but not the amount you promised to me. With that, I kindly ask that you zip your mouth." He scoffed, stuffing the envelope back in his pocket as he turned away. "It's usually to refer to, I hope you have bad luck and you fall because of yourself, because the queen, ya know. Fell because of her own greed and selfish desires. The statue falling on them is for the added effect."

"Of course, now turn around." He instructed, reaching to grab the bottle as he started lathering it on the wounds. "It's going to burn, try not to tense up." He advised, making sure to get every little corner of the affected area. "Make sure to add this every couple days, more often if the wound isn't healing. Since merman and mermaids in general have more advanced healing abilities then let's say, a hybrid or not from the tropics because quick fact, mermaids are usually formed from fish from the tropical areas, so it's easy to tell the difference from a mermaid/merman by how colourful they are or their fin shape. That one fish that was an accomplice to the wreckage was I think piranha mix? Anyway, going off topic but my main point is that mermaids have better self healing capabilities than any other fish, so if the wound doesn't look better in a couple days, something might be wrong."

"Hah, quite the opposite actually. They never liked me from the beginning, hybrid and all. They were mad at my mum for running away to get with a human, and then never came back after I was born. They were mad at her for a lot of things, she was the rebellious type or so I heard. So getting with a human was another attempt to annoy her parents. Which worked, they cut her off. But ironically, the whole family was super mad when she didn't come back. They cooled down a bit but everyone is wise enough to not mention her at all, or everyone starts arguing. I got the short end of the stick and I was the topic of many of those arguments when I was younger. Suppose things never change." He sighed, thinking about his childhood always soured his mood. When Waverly asked about his father, he gave a dismissive look towards a vase on a shelf. Which was something his father had given him on his birthday.

"Well, he was a totally different story. After my mother left him with nothing, he lost himself to anger and despair. He was thinking he was going to live with her forever, as you know. She did run away with him after all. Excluding me though, because he didn't know that she was pregnant at the time. When he did find out and my mother had run away after giving birth, he saw me as a cause for all the problems. So we didn't have a normal father and son connection. More hatred towards one and confusion on the other. I was young, I didn't know any better. So how would I be able to process the fact that both sides hated me because I was, one. A hybrid and two. The supposed cause of their daughter/wife leaving. Another fact, they disapproved of my pirate/sailing the seven seas career i wanted so bad. An embarrassment to such a high valued clan I suppose."

When Waverly attempted to comfort him, he didn't seem phased. "Don't feel bad, it's been a while since I met either one of them. It's no use holding onto the past when you have your future laid out in front of you. I'm better than I could have ever been. Also, I didn't even mention how I got the house is both sides hated me." He chuckled. "My aunt used to be the owner of this house. She had willed a bunch of stuff from her name to my name as she was never able to conceive children. So I was technically her adoptive son. Though she died a few years later, so this wouldn't have gotten into my hands if other family members found out but she was careful about it. So when I was old enough to get the items, the other family members couldn't do anything."

"Ah, when you're an experienced sailor, with an experienced crew. Very little can get in your way." He said, rubbing his thumb over the surface of the pearl. "Surprised the pearl got that far anyway. It was always a symbol near our waters because the queen came from here. Though perhaps a mystery to be solved later." He set the pearl down, muttering something under his breath. "I suppose so." He commented, opening a drawer and taking a small cased up flower. Waverly couldn't see it that well with how the glass frosted and obscured the glass was but as Akijan tilted it, Waverly could see what was inside. A huge black lotus flower, floating on top of the water. The flower seemed to be the one emitting the fog and shrouding it from view. "Hey, when you reach a rare island out of pure coincidence, why not take some souvenirs back home."

Ubel stuck out his tongue, clearly uninterested in Jacques's shenanigans. "We are guests in this house, please refrain from public affection." He smirked, slightly pushing Jacques away. "Love ya to but let's put a pin on that for a while alright?" He said. Silently sitting with Jacques, waiting for Waverly. Afterwards, when Waverly asked about Narfi, Ubel gave a luck. "Why do you want to know? Besides, even if I'm close to him. He isn't the type to say anything. Either way, how did you come up with that conclusion?" He asked, staring down Waverly and shooting questions left and right. Akijan interfered saying that he was the one who suggested Narfi being connected to the traveler in some way. "Hmph." Ubel grumbled. "Well, you can ask him yourself if you want. Because I know nothing."

Sol scoffed looking Akijan turning his head quickly “ruthless sea urchin! Always wanting more and stealing from the poor fish of the sea over a wooden barge. You’ll get it in stages that was the deal you even agreed to.” He folded his arms sticking his nose to the air as he turned his glance from AkiJan.

Waverley pondered over trying to understand the wordings meanings but he shook his head “so she was selfish and just full of greed, what good is that for her people though? Explains why the events unfolded as they did I guess. So the falling statue part you added that for effect? Knowing Sol he will have believed every word of that last part.

Waverley was still as he could be and sure enough as the stuff touched the would he tensed up “sheeesh what the heck is that stuff it burns so bad!” He turned quickly facing Akijan who had a small sigh release from him.
As he turned around he prepared himself “okay fine I’m ready!” He remained still gritting his teeth.
Waverley raised his eyebrow “you sure do know a lot about our kind? But I don’t know about advanced healing and all that? Maybe other types but erm, if that’s so wouldn’t this one have healed?” He showed Akijan his previous scar looking not so great especially considering it was a bite from Jacques though Jacques bite should be harmless as they come from two different areas of the sea there are some factors that bring into why this wound may not be healing but to Waverley he didn’t think much into it.

Waverley frantically waved his arms around “wait,wait wait hold your tail fins. A few days and a wound on a mer should be healed? Oh….” He said swimming back and forth for a short moment.

Waverley listens to Akijan tell his past story which in some way game comfort to Waverley as he felt near enough the same family hating them through no reason other than personal morals to do with parents more than them themselves. Typical.
“I guess in families there is always tiers of acceptance the accepted, the damned and the inbetween unfortunately you seemed to fall in the inbetween damned section. It’s unfortunate for sure. Your nice and caring of others seem socially wanting to talk and such and help why couldn’t they focus on that feather than a small mistake that brought them the best thing in life,” he said his words sounding different than how he meant, though he was intending to compliment and see positive the comment as it was said sounded more than just a compliment.

Waverley sat on the sea couch listening intently to Akijan explaining his life, which was a weird concept for him, no one dare say more than their name to him usually and here is some just spilling their life to him? It was odd but very compelling to know he wasn’t the only one who suffered and in his eyes Akijan seems to have been through far worse than he. Whether it was true or not he had it in his mind he wanted to help him, just like he did for him a sort of pay it forward.

“I mean I can understand the connection failing between yourself and your father probably the run away of your mother helped fuel and you the closest thing he had to her becalmed the perfect target to blame for something he should have fixed himself? As for them baiting your career I’ve never had one, my only job is to not wreck things I get no praise or nothing but I do know that your entitled to do what you wanna do and they should support that I’m sure you make a nice sand dollar doing what your doing. Anyways that sailing the seven seas is a dream imagine the sights to behold and the pretty sunset and land humans and such all doing their daily thing the air is like being on something I swear some oxygen in my gills I feel like I’m away with the sea fairies!” He giggled reminding himself of the matter of hours ago that happened.

Waverley shrugged “I guess when all you’ve known is that how can you hold a grudge on it, exactly if what you said and more is to come you have a pretty lucky future ahead. I’m just sorry I wrecked your ship…” he was about to say more than AkiJan started to explain how he got the place. He smiled knowing someone did care for him it was nice m, though he wondered how that feeling must feel? Was it like how Akijan took him under his fin? He couldn’t tell.
“Wow she seems like a wonderfish of you asked me a true caring woman for sure! Glad you were able to get what she wanted you to have and not have it prised from you. That would have been dreadful, I'm also sorry for your loss.” He said bowing his head out of respect.

Waverley looked at AkiJan and smiled “for sure! Id always dreamed of having the perfect team find the traveler. The pearl honestly got that far for that reason you just said the perfect crew So I can fully see you having that for sailing…erm speaking of none were hurt were they? Where did they go? I…” as Waverley was shushed as Akijan put the pearl back grabbing the glass case, Waverley moved closer looking inside the case best he could “it’s so foggy in there” he said tilting his head every way he could. He was hypnotised by the black lotus flower, tranced it seemed “wow this is so beautiful, I’ve never seen one in person” he admired looking like a happy school boy but down on the tip of his frayed tail the tips as he was near started to flake off more and more as if his tail was eroding not fast but little flakes could he seen dropping to the floor which it wasn’t doing before the flower was there.

Though this was happening Waverley hadn’t even noticed looking still at the lotus in awe as he poked the other end to make the fog disappear once more. The way he moved exposed his back to the wound that was there and that as well wasn’t healing…what is going on here?

Jacques shrugged at Ubel “fine, fine..” he sighed sitting beside him “you know living life on the sea edge isn’t a thing for you is it?” He sighed.
Waverley looked at Ubel but Jacques also “bro why be on the defence the kid just asked one question you answered with a gazillion back, lighten up bro chillax.” He said hand on Ubel’s shoulder as they looked back to Waverley.

“I…erm….” Was all Waverley got out before AkiJan intervened answering the question for him. A small sigh of relief came from Waverley as he did. “Wait you mean I can ask him myself, wow that would be an experience, well when can we go? Aki we can go right? Please say you’ll come with me it’ll just be an ask and go! Please, please!” He begged at AkiJan.

Jacques scoffed and looked at Ubel and whispered “you see why I call him a kid? He’s begging like a child to someone roughly same age as him Tch!” He sighed laying his head in his hands waiting for AkiJan’s response.

"It consumed her whole." He commented, reminiscing of the tales of past leaders of the trench that were told to him. "She lost who she was, the once praised queen of the sea, turned into someone filled with hate and unjust. Greed and jealousy consumed her, maddened her. The subjects that were under her reign were terrorized because of her selfish outbursts and soon her negative outlook of life that had killed so many. The statue was meant to contain her desires and want, the need for something to appease her soul. Vengeful, even past death it could not contain her." He sighed, "But that's all behind us now. She is dead after all. And the statue has done well to keep her at bay, but they say. That when the world ends, her soul will be released to wreak havoc. To bring her tierney back and destroy those who have wronged her."

"What did I say about not getting tense?" Akijan reminded Waverly as he continued patting the antibiotic into the wound. "It's something to speed up the healing of the wound. You may squeeze my arm if you need to." He said, rubbing comforting circles on Waverly's back as he finished dabbing it in. "It comes with the job." Was all Akijan said, not bothering to delve further. He finished wrapping Waverly up when he noticed the cut. "Ah, some types of Piranhas have a secretion they inject when they bite something or someone. It slows the healing process of those who have advanced healing, such as yourself. As well as dulling the pain to make it painless, a quick meal to some. It's going to take longer to heal but the skin has closed over it. So no infection, it just looks pretty nasty."

"They didn't want to." Akijan said, leaning against the wall. "They wanted someone to blame. I was there, I was seen as the reason for the rift between the already tense sides. It was a no brainer they went for blood after me. It didn't hurt as much as they wanted to. Denial and anger was all that was there. Nothing much else, I had moved on pretty quickly. Finding my own childhood and happiness without the help of adults like a functioning family should. I found my people, that's all I needed to be happy." He gave a shrug when he was questioned how easily he shared his past with someone he just knew. "You asked, and I answered. I tell people what they ask for, that's it. Nothing fancy, I don't hide who I was to the world when I came to be. It was in the past, it can't hurt me no matter how hard it tried. It's different for everyone of course, not everyone feels the same as I feel. It's nothing I'm ashamed of, or something I see personal and private. It's part of how I was made to be, though no one should go through anything like this. I just got the short end of the stick when getting born. No big deal for me."

"Ah, she was. Though she wasn't an angel. Lost her sense a couple times due to medical conditions, scary having to deal with her maniactic episodes. Bipolar disorder as some call it. She would be so happy and cheerful one minute and then the next, throwing things and shouting at whoever came close to her. And as a kid, you didn't know better. She was chastised and isolated for this, which made it worse." He sighed. "But it's alright, she is in a better place now. I...was glad when she died. Because then she wouldn't be suffering in a world that was against her for something she couldn't help. She went to therapy, went to psych wards. Nothing helped her..." He went silent for a few moments, staring off into space before blinking rapidly. "Ah, sorry Waverly. Must have gotten carried away." he quickly changed topics, talking about members of his crew.

"Oh, don't worry. All of them are safe, they aren't hybrids like I am but are able to live out of the water. Most of them weren't even on the ship at the time of the accident, but the ones who were, got away quickly. They had gone to their abodes in other parts of the trench. We had docked here for a break, allowing everyone to go home to see their families or just get a rest. So the ship breaking isn't much of a hindrance to anyone really." He said shrugging. Placing the pearl back on it's pedestal. After taking the flower out, he noticed flakes of scales fluttering about near Waverly. He set the flower down and inspected a scale, seeing they were coming from Waverly he quickly put the flower away. Now getting why no one had returned from the island. The flowers corrode the scales of any fish. Starting from their scales, then to their skin and finally everything else. Him being a sea nymph and a human, the flower had no effect.

"Well someone has to be safe." Ubel said, rolling his eyes. "I bet you will try to cross the abyssal plane if I wasn't looking, wouldn't you?" He smirked, poking Jacques in the chest. He crossed his arms when Waverly inquired about Narfi. Not calming down despite Jacques's attempts. "Whatever. Just don't expect him to treat you nicely. He isn't the type for unwanted visitors." He scoffed. Turning away from Waverly and Akijan. He gave a snicker from Jacqeus's comment. Giving a mutter about how Narfi might kill him for suggesting to Waverly to go ask some very pointed questions.

Akijan gave a wary look at Waverly and then Jacques and Ubel. "I'm...not sure. It's a bit of a trek and the caverns aren't the most..safest place to be if you're...how should I say this...inexperienced." he scratched the back of his head and looked at a clock hanging on the wall. "Narfi accepts guests before nightfall correct?" Ubel only gave a small nod to Akijans inquiry. "If you hurry, bet you can reach skull caverns. Though you're going to need an escort to help you traverse the caverns. I may be an experienced seafaring but my skills aren't going to help you there. It's better if you get someone who actually lives there to help you." He said, giving a look at Ubel. Who just rolled his eyes.

"Hell no. I wouldn't do it for anything." Ubel scoffed, crossing his arms in defiance. "I'm not going to bring this...child to Narfi. I would rather not be included at all, keep my name and image clean as I already annoyed him earlier today." He muttered. Akijan gave a sigh. Rubbing his face. "I...know someone." He gave a tired smile when Waverly exploded over him, asking if said person was willing to help him talk to get an audience with Narfi. "Getting there and actually getting Narfi to talk to you is two different things. I'm sure she would be willing to help you traverse the caverns but talking to Narfi is something you're going to have to do by yourself or with someone closely connected to him. I know him from past business deals but we aren't close." He explained that the person he was talking about was known to be a shady dealer named Kolohe.

"I'm sure your familiar with her?" He asked Ubel. Ubel gave a sigh. "Unfortunately, I had to do some jobs and some of those included her. She isn't the nicest of people, are you sure...someone like her is going to help?" He questioned. Akijan gave a shrug. "No promises but it doesn't hurt to try. She lives near the skull caverns, so she isn't from there but she travels in and out to know the area like a resident who does live there. Now, let's get going if we want to get to the caverns by nightfall." They all left the house. When Waverly pestered Akijan about Kolohe, he obliged. "Kolohe, she does....let's say, not legal dealings. A character of course, she might seem intimidating but she means no harm..most of the time."

Waverley gulped listening to Akijan tell the tale, he’d never heard it be told so…deeply before. “That’s erm, that’s something I guess, maybe she really was that scary.” He shuddered for a moment.
He turned back around quickly from facing Akijan as he apologised three more times. “Oh I thought… never mind and no thank you I can handle it I’m not a baby you know..” and with that as of right on queue a crab pinched the tip of his fin making him help higher pitched than some girls could reach. He sighed looking at the look AkiJan was giving him as he held out his arm, Wave sighed but obliged holding his arm while he finished with the wound.
He nodded as AkiJan finished wrapping the wound and looking at the other one he swirled around trying to see it but truth be told he couldn’t see it all that well. “Well it’s what I get for trying to defend myself when that piranha fish came after me.” He sighed.

Waverley listened and sighed a breath a relief he wasn’t the only one who grew up the hated of the family having to make your own childhood just to get by “their bad intentions didn’t get the best of you and that’s good honestly nothing worse than being chained with no freedom, I’d rather no one and freedom any day! Definitely takes the sting out of thinking that turns into over thinking then turns to blaming yourself.” He sighed.
Waverley looked up at AkiJan smiling “you know I always dreamed of being in the frame of mind you have or at least meeting someone who could teach me to let go of the past, I was looked up in shackles for 7 years feeling from a bowl like one of the in land sea dog things. Occasionally the only time I’d see others when he brought them for viewing time or when Sol brought his friends who threw rocks at me.” He shrugged “I just kinda wanna forget all these times, of course they shape me but eh, I wanna move on with my life try and chase the impossible.” He smiled feeling hopefully for just a mere second before heading straight back down.

“Oh..”Waverley said startled “I mean she couldn’t help it though? Why were they so rough on her? I guess I get a little defensive I guess cause it’s like what happens to me?” He looked down at his hands flexing them and then balling them to a fist “I can’t control my “issue” as much as I’d like to, it created so much Devastation, so I can understand how she felt if I’m honest, the world can be a cruel place for sure!” He sighed.
“I,erm, it’s okay don’t mention it, don’t have to apologise im sorry for bringing up such a sensitive topic.” He nodded.

Waverley wiped his forehead sighing “what a relief! I was so worried, least no casualties this time… oh see their families that’s nice you let them do that, you must be a really great captain, honestly to sail under you must be a privilege.” He smiled.
Waverley was too mesmerised by the flower he hadn’t even noticed his tail flaking away, just feel a little sad when Akijan pulled the flower from his sight as quickly as he could “hey? I was looking at that.” He sighed.

Jacques smiled “well maybe if you dared me, but then you’d miss me too much so I couldn’t put you through that torture I mean who would be here to swoop you off your fins?” He smiled.

Waverley sighed “I mean I guess all I can do is ask you even said to ask him yourself? He can’t be that bad? He takes good care of you right?” He asked Ubel.
Waverley looked over at AkiJan “you mean you might know someone? That would be amazing and just think we will be one step closer to the true story behind the traveler and all tales and finally get the answer we need” he said sounding like and excited kid which made Jacques roll his eyes.

“IM NOT A KID!” Waverley swam heading towards Ubel but in doing so Jacques stopped him with his teeth once again in the same exact area, causing Waverley to yelp out. “Don’t you ever go for Ubel again” Jacques stated as he scrapped with Waverley for a matter of minutes before they were prized apart by AkiJan.
After the moment calmed they all took some time to breathe and Waverley patched up…again, before akijan mentioned that he knew of someone.

Waverley looked over at him after his puppy energy seemed to calm down after everything “well talking to him is no problem I mean you’ve seen my dad what’s the worst he could do?? If she can guide us there I’m happy to do the rest! As long as your Abel to wait for me outside I don’t wanna get lost on the way home..I mean back to yours?” Still hard to believe your letting me stay..” he said rubbing the back of his head.

Waverley swam around clapping his hands excited “ my first trip to the caverns what a way to start an adventure, so please could you tell me more about this Kolohe?” He listened intently and as they got half way hearing the story he was starting to wonder if meeting her was a good idea?

Jacques trailed behind with Ubel looking over at him “you doing okay? You seem a little distant? Least you had your knight in shining armour to save you just now? Otherwise would have been attacked by a merman, know what Narfi would say about that but look not a scratch on my Ubee, so what’s eating ya?” He asked swimming along side him.

"She really was, be glad you weren't born under her reign kiddo. It wasn't anything to dream of that's for sure." He muttered, giving a shudder. "Books upon books were written after her downfall, because then all the decrees and bans that she had implemented during her rule were lifted. It retold stories written like a rendition of a murder. Dramatic but true, most of the time." He started counting off a couple of books that came to his mind that retold Malgosia's tale with perfection. Though he stopped quickly. Coughing in his hand awkwardly as he changed topics. Muttering under his breath how he is a history nerd but didn't say much more.

"The past is the past they say. You're under my care now, they can't and they won't hurt you no longer. I'll make sure of that." He promised, "Some people hold onto the past because it shares great memories, perhaps my thinking is flawed but holding onto the past will only hurt more. I may have had my fair share of good times when it was all...easier. But I let them go, it only increases the yearning to be younger and naive. Innocent when the world hasn't held its grip on you." He sighed, reaching out to crush a small shell floating by. "She had her flaws. She wasn't all helpless. Though i'll spare you the details, she wasn't the best woman to have existed i'll tell you that much." He scoffed.

Ubel rolled his eyes. "As if you knew." He spat out, flicking his tail in annoyance. "You're just another fish to him, he doesn't like random uninvited guests on his doorstep. So naive, it's almost a joke that you're a year older. You might as well be a 10 year old, fresh out of mummy's grasp." He grumbled, gritting his teeth out of habit, though was quickly stopped by Jacques. Akijan turned to give a blank stare at Waverly when he came up to him. "You're more ecstatic about this trip than I had thought, interesting...But yes, I do know someone. Though if she will help or not is up in the air."

Akijan quickly swam over to pull the apart, holding them at an arm's length from each other to stop them from attempting to maul each other's faces off. "Please refrain from fighting, if we were to actually go on this journey as a group, you two will need to learn how to not attack each others throats. I would not be pleased to have to send a letter regarding your deaths. That goes for you as well, Ubel, it is unwise to support this. While I understand your gripe against Waverly, that does not mean that it's a logical idea to support the fighting." Akijan stated, still holding onto Jacques and Waverly. Ubel just rolled his eyes, "Great. Another mother fish, just what we needed..."

"He isn't your father. He isn't the type to hit, but he can kill you some other way. Don't take him as nothing." Ubel threatened. "Your aloofness and obviousness just confirms the fact of how sheltered and unprepared you are for the real world. What. A. Joke." Ubel scoffed, turning away and folding his arms. "Don't expect me to play nice because you're the kid. And don't try to say you're not one, everyone agrees. You have the body of an eighteen year old, but the mental capacity of a ten year old."

"The caverns aren't a place for people like you should be, make sure to stick close and don't wander off. Or else your head might be on a table. Ready to be sold." He muttered the last part quietly but it could still be heard. "You could also call the market, the ghetto. It's what everyone else calls it, better start picking up some new words when you can." Akijan advised. Swimming ahead of the group, "Kolohe is an old friend. She used to be a sailor on the Kurapati which is the name of the ship if you weren't aware. But she left after a year or so, to go do her own thing and find a home in one place. Though she sometimes travels with us."

Ubel gave a look. "Am I that easy to read? Of course i'm that easy to read!" He ranted, complaining about something involving Narfi but Jacques couldn't make out what he was saying due to Ubel changing what he was saying mid-sentence. "I'm surprised. (Not) That you could tell i'm ticked off. Who would have guessed." He grumbled. He didn't say much more, rather swimming in silence as he muttered curses under his breath as they reached skull cavern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back