• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Lost Children- Vol.1 Shots Fired.

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Everyone had reacted negatively in some way. Inari had fled, Jay had gone after her (even though Jay’s own reaction wasn’t negative), Robin had downright exploded at Stryker, his angry, young, accented voice sounding strangely beautiful, but dangerously scary. When Stryker left, Beca followed him, pestering him with questions. Scarlet muttered something sarcastically to Robin, and then the boy left.

Ember still sat on her chair, knees tucked up to her chest, and arms around her knees, watching her whole world fall apart in front of her big blue eyes. She was alone. Except for Scarlet, who hadn’t left yet, but basically, being around Scarlet was still being all alone. Cause Scarlet didn’t like her, the little girl knew. But Ember had other things to think about.

So the facility where they lived.... was bad? They were gonna be used to hurt people? Ember didn’t want that. No. But, if Stryker took them with him, wouldn’t they be used to fight? Ember wasn’t so sure what to do. She could go home to the facility, just like nothing happened.... but was that the best?

The only real thing that mattered to Ember was that she wasn’t gonna be a bad guy, and she was gonna be with her Seraphim family. She hopped off the chair, deciding to go find out what everyone else thought, and by that, make her decision.

She saw Beca by the farmhouse and ran up to her. “Beca?” She asked. Of all the questions in her mind at the moment, she could only utter one. “What do we do?”

Last edited:
James W. Stryker
Dempsey Farm, Alvin's Cellar.
4/14/21

As soon as Stryker made it into the house Alvin called out to him from the kitchen. "You gearing up?" Stryker just nodded at him. "Come on i got a few presents for ya." the old man lead the way and both of the men descended into the cellar door. It was a glorious sight to stryker. Floor to ceiling shelves held guns of all make and caliber. It honestly made him feel like a kid in a candy shop. Alvin lead him to a glass case in the back and he felt a jolt in his heart. It was the old Warsuit he and his unit wore, ballistic weave carbonfiber armor which could stop one or two bullets that covered the chest, sides, abdomen, and back. Tear resistant waterproof fabric for the clothes and the trademark helmet, a ballistic weave carbon fiber facemask helmet combo with a white skull painted into the black material. Beside the armor sat the two desert eagles stryker had taken into combat with him on so many occasions. "When you went Awol your Lieutenant sent this to me, said you might need it and to hand it over if i saw ya." stryker couldn't help but smile. "Your one awesome sonofabitch old man." stryker said as he opened the case and began to take the armor off of the stand. "don't you ever forget it boy, help yerself to whatever ya need. I got frags and flashers in the case to yer left. Ammo too. Dont forget to grab MRE's and some spare clothes. Me and the missus got some clothes for the kids from the shopping center she should be getting it to them now." the older man put an arm over Strykers shoulder as the young man stared at he guns he had used to take so many lives, killing was his trade, whatever made him think he could save lives all of the sudden. "Get outta yer feelings boy, you don't have time for that. You pulled these kids outta the frying pan, now sack up and get them outta the fire."

Mrs. Dempsey
Dempsey farm/Yard

The gravel crunched under the tires of her truck as mrs. Dempsey drive up. As she exited the car she rushed to the trunk coming back with so many grocery bags it looked like she was carrying a whole additional person. "Children? Ive brought you some fresh clothes and snacks im..." she trailed off noting the somber mood. "Oh dear. You kids must need some pie..."she nodded as if it was an unequivocal fact that pie would cure their ills. She shuffled up the stairs and inside quickly considering the bags and her age. As soon as she went inside she began looking for her husband...those goons on the road before had given her a bad vibe. Fortunately she didnt stop when they tried to make her. She prayed that they wouldn't follow her, then again who would want to admit an old woman had given them the slip.

~Ember~
Mentions: WeaselThor WeaselThor FireMaiden FireMaiden

“Pie?!” Ember exclaimed, her childish nature taking over. “I like pie!” She followed Mrs. Dempsey into the farmhouse, leaving Beca behind, who hadn’t even had a chance to answer the girl’s question. But, such is the attention span of a small child.

Last edited:
Inari heard the truck pull up and glanced over to see Mrs. Dempsey with her arms full of groceries and promises of pie. She smiled at Jay, then ran over to help the older woman take the bags inside. As she grabbed a few of the bags, she could've sworn she heard the sound of engines running... but she was positive the truck was off. I can check it out in a bit, it's probably nothing, she told herself and tried to focus on something else. Still, she couldn't help the anxiety creeping over her.

At least, until Ember came running over. Inari laughed at the child's excitement and followed the two inside.

Beca Franklin
Interaction: Ember Natural Flavour Natural Flavour Mentioned: Inari Svisttt Svisttt
WeaselThor WeaselThor

kat_by_raichiyo33-dahfb17.jpg
Before Beca could reach the barn she was stopped by Em. About the answer, her attention was also grabbed by the older woman returning with fresh clothes, snacks, and the promise of pie. Of course, Ember was intrigued, and followed after the old woman, causing Beca to chuckle and staring head towards the house. Pie did sound good, but Beca knew that if she ate some, she be getting sick later. But She would decide on if that was worth it when she figured out what type of pie is was.

She now took this time to answer Ember's questions, knowing that Ms.Dempsy and Inari would most likely overhear. "Em, I...I think we should go with him. It may be tough, but it'll keep us in the live, and until we can say for sure that we have nowhere else to go, Stryker may be everyone's best bet," She said. "We don't have to hurt anyone, but he could teach us how to defend ourselves...how to survive out here in the real world."

~Ember~
Mentions: FireMaiden FireMaiden

Ember returned her attention to Beca as she answered her question. The little girl frowned, deep in thought for a moment, and then looked back up at Beca, her big blue eyes worried and vulnerable. “I just don’t want our family to get split up... that’s all I want....” Even the idea of pie couldn’t quell that uncomfortable thought. The way Inari had reacted to the news of the death of her parents.... that’s how Ember would feel if the Seraphim kids split apart... they were the only family she had.

Last edited:
Beca Franklin
Interaction: Ember Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

"I know Em, I don't want us to be split up either," Beca said with a small sigh, "That's why I think going with him is out best shot of staying together. I know you don't want to hurt people, and you don't have to. But," Beca paused. Stryker was going to war, and that meant conflict. That out the younger kids in danger, especially Em. Quickly covering up her hesitation, she gave the young girl a smile, "Don't worry, me and Speedy will take care of you guys. We won't let any of us to get split up."

The sounds only got louder, grating against her ears. She felt vibrations in the ground as well, and she'd typically write this off as the usual footsteps she feels, but this felt much different. More like a buzzing feeling, or something like that. She slowly picked up on a strange smell, as well.

After she finished helping the older woman put away groceries, she tapped her shoulder and said softly, "I don't mean to bug you Miss, but... I keep hearing things. Feeling things too," She paused, taking a moment to listen to whatever it was again, "Uhm...I hear something that sounds like your truck but... different, I guess. It sounds louder and..." Inari trailed off, unable to find the words to describe it. Her voice kept getting quieter, mostly to prevent Em from overhearing. She didn't mind if Beca heard, but she didn't want to worry the little one needlessly. "I guess I hear a little bit of static, too... Uhm... It feels like there's a lot of vibrations going into the ground right now, too. Like a bunch of buzzing in my feet. I think... I think I smell gasoline, too."

Inari figured she was overthinking things and jumping to conclusions, but she thought she should tell someone, anyway. It was comforting to have someone else but herself know. She fidgeted with the little bracelet in her hands and glanced out the window. She still couldn't hear the birds.

After a long pull off of his cigar, Grave huffed out a cloud from the window. They were around 2 miles away, within the seven mile marker that they set up around. The snipers should be set up now. He thought to himself, staying relatively quiet. He was contemplating, thinking about how he should go about this. There were obviously flaws in the directives he was given - the Boss even talked about it, yet he still was told to continue. He knew how high of value they were to the Boss, so taking them was still of top priority to Grave. He shook his head to himself - he'd do whatever is necessary. Grave let the cigar sit in his mouth. He was still confident in the ability of the agents, but he continued to worry. He would love all of them to survive this encounter, but he knew the chances of that were quite slim - though, he wouldn't tell them that. The children on their own could be dealt with - they were children after all, they weren't strategic geniuses who were peak warriors - yet. But he was there. That's a problem.

The vehicles weren't really taking their time - they took the absolute direct route to reach their location as fast as possible. Anybody actively looking would be able to see the vehicles approaching in the distance - though, the snipers had kept themselves hidden for the most part. There was one last order he had in mind. He spoke into the small radio at his side. "Break off from the vertical formation. Merge into a more horizontal formation as we approach. Once we come within 100 feet, that's when we leave the vehicles." The vehicles were no longer in a straight vertical line, they did as Grave ordered. Around a mile of distance left.

Jay watched Inari go, but decided that he himself wasn’t interested in the pie. He didn’t really need to fuel his speed right now, and he was sure he had enough energy to run for a while right now anyway. Not that he saw any point in doing so. Again, he’d only end up burning holes in his clothes, if not burning them completely. It would depend on how far he ran and whether he could pat the fire out. He wasn’t concerned about it burning him, since he didn’t feel pain, but he quite liked wearing clothes thanks.

Some of the others also seemed to want pie, and he smiled slightly as they trailed inside. Maybe the old lady was right, and it would cheer them up. Not that Jay needed cheering up. He was fine, just upset that his family hadn’t gotten their real families. Facing the house, he didn’t notice the incoming vehicles. He wasn’t even aware of Inari hearing them, since he wasn’t inside with the others.

Scarlet Vulnere
Saturday 4-14-21​
9d25033c83c1ce6451d04b5bddc9b3c0.png
At first, Scarlet simply shrugged at the young boy. The few words she had shared with him until now had been wasted, it didn't seem the intricacies of language were of much importance in Seraphim's teachings. Though as he continued, Scatlet's left eye widened slightly, before moving to watch Robin. She was a little surprised to be honest, thought she wondered exactly what he felt she was right about. Her eyes continued to follow him as he headed out. In truth she trusted him the least of them all, if not for any reason other than his mechanical appendages. They just didn't seem quite... Right.

It wasn't long before she was left alone in the barn, the small girl running off to their wanna-be big sis. In her mind they were living in a fantasy world, Ember quite literally was at times, but at least it made her happy. Ignorance was bliss, or something along those lines, but what Scarlet failed to realise was that there was a time in her own past where she wasn't much different.

Scarlet continued to watch the others, finally taking one of the chairs in the barn and kicking her legs up lazily once more, her hands placed behind her head, though her face was no where near as relaxed. That was when the old lady arrived. Scarlet wanted to remain stubborn, considering recent events, though as she placed a hand to her stomach an audible groan escaped. Perhaps if she hadn't refused to wake at the time the couple requested for breakfast, it wouldn't be the case, but she was hungry, and definitely not opposed to good pie. As her hand rested, Scarlet slightly lifted her shirt, which was now more like a rag than a shirt, littered with dust and grit from their environmental change.

The girl let out a short defeated sigh, thankful none were close enough to hear it, as she rose from the chair. Finally, with a short stretch of her limbs, she approached the house nonchalantly, as if Mrs Dempsey's call hadn't beckoned her over, doing her best to avoid eye contact that may give her intentions away.

Mentions: Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Natural Flavour Natural Flavour
Interacts: None

20t4d5h.jpg

Robin Strässler
April 14th, 2021.
Mentions: WeaselThor WeaselThor

Robin didn't actually know what he was doing at the moment. He left the barn partly wanting to chase after Stryker and beg forgiveness, but moreso to get away from the situation altogether; to give himself a good chance to beat himself up over being so stupid. It wasn't that he was sorry about any of the things he'd said to Stryker. He stood behind every word of it. He was scared, and angry, and honestly felt like he was being used as a prop for some scheme he had no way to benefit from. Not only by Stryker and Seraphim, but by the war, the government...

It kind of hurts to realize that you might just be an object --a subhuman puppet-- to be used, manipulated and weaponized against whatever side has your arm in the tightest hold.

If he even heard Mrs. Dempsey's call of invitation, he didn't respond with so much of a turn of his head. He just kept aimlessly walking back through the rows of plants and trees, down at the shadows the branches cast on the ground. Anything, anything at all to ease the fact that his whole life was a game for foreign politics...

Beca Franklin
Interaction: Ember Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

"You will be Em, I promise!" Beca said with a smile, "You're too cute for your own good. Stryker will just have to put up with it. Besides, you have the potential to be absolutely kickass." Beca said this as something odd hit her ears. She paused, looking back towards the road. She could have sworn....no, all apart her imagination. Looking back to Em, she gave her another soft smile, "How about we go on in and see about this pie situation?" She asked.

~Ember~

Kickass.... Ember moved the word over her tongue, silently, liking the naughtiness of it. Although, honestly, Ember didn't want to kick anyone's ass. She just wanted to be with her family and be a good guy. But her imagination reminded her, sometimes good guys have to kick bad guys in the pants. So Ember didn't mind that idea so much. Ember grinned at Beca's mention of pie, and followed the older girl.

The roaring engines silenced slightly as the vehicles began to slow down, as the vehicles approached through the final 1000 feet to the farm. Grave's eyes were trained straight ahead, anxiously awaiting for them to reach the directed 100 feet before they were going to stop. It came fast to him - he was lost in thought when he actually reached the point. The engines came to a complete stop - dead silence, as they were now shut off. Grave set the cigar in his mouth, letting it hang from his lip as he moved his fingers to the Humvee door. As he opened it, his boots hit the ground - kicking up dust. He shut the door behind him, letting his eyes can the farm. This was it, it was time for the mission to go through. Grave radioed in. "Everyone, out of your vehicles. Form up with your squads." The agents that Grave directed all began to step away from their vehicles. All of the agents formed up into multiple squads, all with their own job and child assigned to take down with their gear. They were surely battle ready, all standing at attention. An intimidating bunch, they all were. They were practically ambiguous, all wearing similar clothing and armor - the only thing differentiating them was whatever equipment they carried with them. Grave, though, seemed to wear little armor while out on this mission. He simply wore a long, very comfortable looking coat, with uniform clothing underneath it. Grave didn't need a weapon or armor anymore at this point, as it would only become a burden to carry around a rifle with his abilities.

The wind blew against Grave's hair as he looked on, holding his hands behind his back and standing at attention. Grave's voice spoke, the final command of the mission. "Move in. Good luck out there, folks." Each squad of agents began to move forward to the farm, making pace as they ran. They knew what they had to do, as commanded many times. Restrain children, kill witnesses. The invasion was in action.

The little old woman tried soothing away Inari's worries, saying it was probably just someone passing by and that she should eat some pie. Everything still felt... wrong, regardless of the comfort Mrs. Dempsey was providing. She didn't feel hungry anymore, and thanked the woman for taking care of them all.

As she was making her way to the door, Inari gave Ember and Beca a wave and a warm little smile. Her eyes were still a little puffy from the crying, but she tried to look happy regardless. She supposed she was happy, even with this weight hanging over her. She pushed the door open and stepped outside, no longer hearing the sound of engines. Inari gave a little sigh of relief and tried to ignore the thumping she was feeling in the ground, assuming it was one of the other kids running around somewhere. That seemed a little weird to her, the usual feelings didn't really match up, but she decided she needed to stop assuming the worse and think more positively. Of course, that wasn't the only thing incredibly wrong to her. She figured she could hear... dozens of heartbeats, but they all mixed and blended in a way that made them sound like a pulsing river. Inari had learned to tune out the other children's heartbeats almost instinctively at this point, so she assumed, no, knew, what she was hearing wasn't them.

The sound of life pumping through someone's veins terrified her.

She anxiously twisted the bracelet that was on her wrist and quieted the sound, but didn't completely block it out. Something was really, really wrong.

Last edited:
Panzer
Arctic sea 4/14/21

Deep beneath the waves it was eerily quiet. The green glow of his eyes did little to illuminate the depths, but the high powered fog light in his chest did a very good job of it. The patrol boat holding his target was a little over 50 yards away. That was when he heard the choppy signal in his head. "Panzer...Complete your task at hand and report to the the denver airport, banshee will be there to pick you up. And be quick about it" the massive mechanical corpse paused for a moment contemplating these new orders before answering. "Acknowledged. Increasing speed." the servos in his hips whirred and whined as they began to apply more power and he began a sort of slow motion sprint across the seafloor. He didnt slow down once he saw the boat, instead with a thunderous Clang he tore through the boats armor and worked his way through steel, rust, and sea life. Though very carefully handling the last one. Until he found the pilot. An old Valkyrie subject shot down by the allies. Long dead, but with irreplaceable upgrades. With one massive meaty hand he tore the chair out of the ships frame and carried it and the body still strapped to it back to the anchor of the Seraphim research vessel. The Giant Anchor reeled up slowly bringing Panzer and his prize with him into the bottom deck of the ship. Only After the water was pumped out and he was able to deliver the chair and its passenger did he feel any form of satisfaction. Yet his smile did nothing to comfort the doctor he delivered the subject too. "W- where ya going from here big guy?" the scientist managed to stutter out trying his damnedest not to look the monster in the eyes. The Giant Inhuman stared off the port side of the ship. If one drew a straight line from his eyes it would wind up at the denver airport. Finally he responded. "Denver" he said his inhuman voice echoing in the vast empty sea.

James & Alvin
Dempsey farm- Alvin's Cellar

The two men were hard at work loading dufflebags with guns, Magazines, bullets, rope, explosives, clothes, MRE's, and even A few bags of 50K in cash. Everything he would need to wage a war. Alvin had just happened to glance at the monitors in the adjacent corner and saw a brief glimpse of men before the camera cut out to static. "You expectin company boy?" he said mockingly. Stryker looked up with a look of confusion. "well then suit up and put yer war face on. I'll take point, get yer ass out there and back me up in the next 2 minutes, otherwise ill kick yer ass in the next life." He grabbed two guns on his way out. A .45 hand gun. And a beltfed M-60 Machine gun. Once he ascended the stairs Mrs.Dempseys eyes widened. "Alvin wha-" she started "Anita grab daisy and get the kids together, load em up in the truck and try to stay away from the front of the house." he propped the M-60 up on its tripods and pointed it at the front door. Meanwhile Mrs. Dempsey nodded as her eyes began to water. She pulled the pump action 12 gauge shotgun from behind the oven and began stuffing shells in. While calling for the kids. "Children, Come on now. We need to go for a drive." her hands shook as she loaded the weapon. But stryker was very clear about the dangers when he brought the kids here and yet she still agreed. After all who in their right mind could turn the innocent away. While she went to the kids Alvin went to the front door opening it and Immedieatly shouting to the agents. "what tha hell are you pansy asses doin on my property with all them toys...."

Meanwhile...

Stryker began to put on the armor piece by piece. Loading the 4 Dw 1911 specialist handguns in their holsters, Strapping the M-16A5 assault rifle to his shoulder, sheathing the 2 combat knives onto his shoulder straps. With every action he heard his father words, hot and heavy like the blows of a blacksmiths hammer, and like the hammer they shaped him into what he is.
"You are no man, you are a weapon. Weapons do not feel fear, they do not feel mercy, they do not feel pain. Weapons are a living breathing embodiment of mankind's Fears, their Hate,and their biases. Yet they are above such petty things. Weapons serve one purpose...To Kill"
though he didn't realise it stryker had said the last word aloud. Yet he didnt acknowledge it. He simply began walking towards the stairwell.​

~Ember~
Mentions: WeaselThor WeaselThor

Ember had just barely dodged Alvin's large boots as he brushed past the girl, nearly stepping on her, and set up a large gun on a tripod by the door. He swung the door open and began yelling at a bunch of armed men out there. Even Mrs. Dempsey had a gun... and she was crying.

A drive.... go for a drive.... Ember was panicking, her eyes filling with tears and her breathing accelerating by a lot. Her gasps for air were loud, desperate. Death... blood.... ash.... The scientists she had incinerated by accident were right before her eyes again, their ash falling all over her. Ember covered her mouth to keep from screaming, unintentionally burning her lips. Tears pouring down her face, she ran down the stairs to the basement. Hide... I must hide.... I must..... hide....

20t4d5h.jpg

Robin Strässler
April 14th, 2021.
Mentions: WeaselThor WeaselThor kasigi kasigi

The sound of scattered footsteps hitting the dusty ground abruptly pulled Robin from his thoughts. Damn- It seemed nobody knew how to leave a kid alone.

Strangely, these sounded heavier than any of the other kids. And too many... way too many. Robin, unused to the Colorado countryside and already fearing the worst case scenario, wondered for a split second if these were cattle --Wait, what do you do in a stampede?! Robin didn't know. Why would he have been taught that in a lab? He instinctively froze, eyes widened in terror to try and catch a glimpse of the oncoming swarm, to gauge which way to run...

But sure enough, just in the near distance he spotted a squad of human figures storming towards the farm. And in an instant, Robin knew that he'd take the cow stampede in a heartbeat.

From back down the hill, he heard Mrs. Dempsey yelling words he couldn't quite make out if he tried; his mind ran blank with adrenaline and he knew he had about .2 seconds to fight or flee. He might be able to sprint back down to the farm, but he was sure he'd already been spotted and to hell if he was just going to lead them down to the pack. These were the only people in the world he could rely on; couldn’t do that to them if his life depended on it. The spindly 11 year old may have been an impulsive overthinker and perhaps a bit paranoid, but he did have some courage in him. So, with whatever of that he had left in him, he spun around on his heel and tore back towards the fields as fast as his mechanically-enhanced legs would carry him, no time to think or even breathe as he vaulted the fence and zig-sagged through the tall grass, breaking one of his arms off in the process and throwing it back towards the farmhouse, letting it crawl away back down the hill as the rest of him ran like hell. The arm, with any sliver of luck, would find the Dempseys and the other kids if the rest of him got overrun... Hopefully they knew some ASL.

Last edited:
Beca Franklin
Interaction: Mrs. Dempsy WeaselThor WeaselThor , Ember Natural Flavour Natural Flavour
kat_by_raichiyo33-dahfb17.jpg She knew She wasn't being paranoid. She had actually heard something, and now Stryker and Alvin were getting ready for a fight. Peering through the door, her jaws clenched as she saw armed men, before her attention turned to Mrs.Dempsy. "What?" That iconic fighting fire had ignited in Beca's eyes again, "We're leaving? Why? We can help!" She stated, approaching the much older woman to continue her case, before movement in the corner of her eye made her tunr just in time to watch Ember run. She must have been terrified. In fact, most of them had to be terrified. An upside to tiger instincts, fear wasn't something that could hold Beca back easily. The main reason that she had been basically crossbred into a terrifying super solider. Beca growled, unintentionally, but when her adrenaline began pumping, her violent side began to take hold more so than usual. "I'll go get her," she muttered, quickly following Ember downstairs before Mrs.Dempsy could answer.

"Em?" Beca called as she went down, her voice sounding a little weird. Something gravelly underneath her normal tone, causing her to cough in order to try and clear it. "Come on, we need to go back upstairs." That time her voice sounded better, but something still had a hold on it. "Mrs.Dempsy wants to get us out if here, so we need to go."

Jay was still stood out the front, staring into the distance when he heard Mrs. Dempsey's call. Frowning, he realised finally what he could see coming toward them. Uncharacteristically of him, he froze. This was no game. That... That was the people who likely wanted them back. Or wanted them dead. Whichever came first. Backing up just as Alvin opened the door and started shouting, the speedster decided his main priority was to make sure all of his family was safe. Which... Meant following Mrs. Dempsey he supposed. But he also tried to remember where he'd last seen the others. Quite a few had gone inside for pie... so presumably Mrs. Dempsey would have those. Which meant he had to find those who hadn't been inside.

Glancing around, and very much aware of the danger he was now in, he hoped that he could find them all. They couldn't just leave someone behind. But... Maybe he could help stall the people. After all, he was the eldest of the children. He'd seen no sign of Stryker, wherever he was, and he doubted Alvin could hold them all off by himself, despite the weapons he seemed to wield. No, Jay could help. He could help give the others time to escape.

What the hell?

She heard Mrs. Dempsey calling for them, saying they needed to go, and jolted back in shock when Alvin threw the front door open with a gun in his hands. Inari wildly glanced around to see who he was screaming at, and swiftly spotted a good sized group of people approaching. She took a few deep breaths, trying to keep the encroaching anxiety in check and tuning out senses as needed to keep herself calm.

Ignore the buzzing. Stay calm.

Inari looked around, biting her lip and trying to figure out who was where. Beca and Em were in the house, she knew that. Were people still in the barn? She didn't think so, she would've thought everyone would've left and gone to do their own thing by now. It still couldn't hurt to check, but... Inari hated to admit it, but every instinct in her was telling her to run the other way or hide. It took her everything to start sprinting when she spotted Jay close by, not knowing if whoever was approaching could see her. Beca and everyone else back at the house could take care of each other until everyone was back there, she knew. They'll be okay.

She nearly crashed straight into Jay, only just barely skidding to a halt before that happened. He seemed about as frozen and confused as she was. Out of breath, Inari quickly hit him with questions, "Are you okay? Do you... do you know where Scarlet is? Or Robin?"

~Ember~

Ember's one hand was aflame, and the other cupped tight against her mouth, the lack of oxygen keeping it from bursting into flames. But it was damn hot, anyhow. Ember didn't know where to turn. As Beca ran down the stairs after her, she caught Ember at a dead end. Ember turned to face her, and brought her hand away from her mouth and into a fist so she could speak. Holding it in a fist would only make it more powerful, but Ember wasn't thinking about that right now.

Ember shook her had rapidly, sobbing. She began talking really fast. "We won't make it! We have to hide! I have to hide..." But there was nowhere to go. Her hand was so hot, she wanted to let it go.... Suddenly, Ember saw a room across the hall. The door was open. There appeared to be shelves of guns and armour in there, from what Ember could see. Maybe there was a place to hide.

Ember tried to shove past Beca, but tripped over the older girl's feet, landing flat on her face, and letting her overcharged fist unclench. In an instant, flames were everywhere. It was so hot, and the flames spread like wildfire. Then a chilling thought came to her mind. Beca. Please, oh PLEASE, don't let her be dead!

Ember whipped around to face the older girl. "BECA!!!!!"

Jay blinked at Inari, wondering why she’d come out here when she should be going with Mrs. Dempsey. Technically so should he, but he was more concerned about making sure everyone else was safe and could get away. After all, if they drove to safety he could always run to catch up. Plus, if he did happen to get hurt, he wouldn’t feel it. Of that he was certain of, since he’d once ran about with a broken arm until someone had noticed it’s odd position. He hadn’t even noticed.

He looked uncertain as she spoke, “I haven’t seen Scarlet leave the barn, and I think I saw Robin walk off that way.” He pointed, “But I assumed they’d have come inside when Mrs, Dempsey called. It sounded important....” he glanced again to the nearing men, wary, “I...I’m gonna try and hold em off. I’ll catch up. You know I will.” He gave her a small smile. Someone needed to, because they were getting closer. And Jay was certain his speed would be more use than guns, even if he just pushed the men over, “Go make sure the others are safe, and that you’re safe.” He murmured

Svisttt Svisttt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back