• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Lost Children- Vol.1 Shots Fired.

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
If Jay noticed Inari's uneasiness, he didn't mention it. Though, what he did notice was Stryker and the other man opening the barn doors. Probably waiting for all of them to join. Which meant Jay needed to hurry up and round up the others. Some of whom he doubted wanted to go anywhere near the man. He wasn't certain if that was because they'd been kidnapped by him, or if they didn't want their hopes of finding their families ruined. Well, Jay would be hopeful for them.

Nodding to Inari, he smiled, "Sure! Maybe they'll listen to you." He laughed slightly, trying to brighten the mood from their previous conversation. Looking around, he spotted Scarlet with Beca near the house, and Ember and Robin relatively near each other, the former against a tree and the latter near the cabbage patch. Groups of two then. That made this entire job simpler, "Which ones shall we round up first?" He asked Inari

Inari glanced over at Scarlet and Beca, discreetly tuning into their conversation. Or... lack there of. No, wait, they're talking just... I suppose Scarlet is just being her usual self. She brushed her hair out of her eyes and looked back at the kids by the tree. They didn't seem to be talking, and she wouldn't feel bad about possibly interrupting them.

"Maybe Emmy and Robin? They don't seem too busy with anything..." Inari shrugged a little. She was right- they didn't seem very busy, but in reality she just didn't want Scarlet to yell at her.

Jay nodded his agreement. He'd do whatever his 'little sister' wanted. Offering her his hand, he wandered over toward the other two, who didn't seem to be talking to each other. He smiled brightly as they approached the nearby pair, hoping to brighten the conversation before it even began. After all, he didn't want anyone being upset, and Ember looked a little.... Disappointed? He wondered why, and decided to keep an eye on the youngest. It wouldn't do to have any of them sad.

"Em! Rob!" He called, "Stryker wants to see us all in the barn." He added, peering over to watch Robin's arm. He smiled, loving to see his family using their gifts. He himself couldn't really do it unless he had his suit on, unless he wanted to set his clothing alight. Which... had happened on more than one occasion back at the facility, when he'd gotten overeager and just... ran.

Svisttt Svisttt Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

Beca Franklin
April 14th, 2021

Interaction: Scarlett Randomfella Randomfella - Stryker WeaselThor WeaselThor
kat_by_raichiyo33-dahfb17.jpg
"Well, not really. But I guess it works," Beca replied nonchalantly. Leaning up from the railing once more, she stretched again, before looking at Scarlett, "Don't cause to much trouble before you walk over," Beca told her, before she started to make her way to the barn where Stryker and Alvin were. Shoving her hands in her pockets once she reached the barn entrance, she remained silent for a moment, before she sighed. "How'd it go?" She asked finally, cutting right to the point of her being there. "I'm gonna guess that it's nothing good." (Sorry it's short)

Inari held his hand as they walked, and waved to the other two kids when they approached. She liked Emmy and Robin- they were good kids, even if they tended to keep to themselves. She let Jay talk to them and, ironically, didn't really listen to the conversation. Her focus was on the barn and Beca, who looked to be talking to Stryker. She didn't want to pry, so she didn't use her powers, but Inari still hoped everything was okay. She looked away and stared at the ground, watching a few decent sized ants crawl around.

She was still curious about what was down in the cellar. Inari hadn't gone down there- she didn't want to be rude and wander where she shouldn't. Still... it was reasonable to be curious, right? She twirled a lock of hair around her finger, for some reason only now fully processing what was going on. Why was this happening?

20t4d5h.jpg

Robin Strässler
April 14th, 2021.
Mentions: WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys WeaselThor WeaselThor

Almost as if on cue, another figure came walking towards the cabbage patch. Robin turned his head sharply, causing his unruly blond locks to fall over his face. This one was Jay, the eldest. He stopped by the other side of the fence and called out to the two children. What he said brought a cloud of concern to Robin... what ever could Stryker want with them? Robin didn't like the sound of this...

Robin's detached arm scuttled its way back to its owner, who reached down from the fence to pick it up before speaking: "He told you this? i hope it’s nothing too serious." The eleven year old had a soft, subtle European accent, similar to German but not quite. He spoke with obvious skepticism, holding one of his arms in the other before swiftly locking it back into its joint with a faint snap sound as the cybernetically-enhanced bones and tissue refused. The sensation was supposedly enough to make a grown man scream, but Robin only winced, hissing through his teeth as if he'd merely stubbed a toe. He slid off the low fence, landing quietly on his feet and walking up to Jay without really looking at him, his eyes still cast on the ground. "Well, let's not keep him waiting..."

Scarlet Vulnere
Saturday 4-14-21​
9d25033c83c1ce6451d04b5bddc9b3c0.png
"Whatever." Scarlet responded with disinterest, swatting her hand toward Beca as if to dismiss her, though the young woman was already walking away. The girl looked over as Beca approached the barn, following the old man's orders as she saw it. Kicking her feet back up nonchalantly, Scarlet took a relaxed position once more, less than eager to fall to the whims of their captor. She couldn't help but wonder what exactly Stryker's plans were if they didn't want to obey him, no doubt it wasn't anything pleasant.

Scarlet's boredom soon turned her attention toward the four now by the cabbage patch, with the android boy sticking his freakish limb back onto his body, if she would even call it that. They all seemed quite chummy, if not foolish, taking their chances getting anywhere near the girl who seemed to be without a semblance of control over her abilities. To be fair, Scarlet knew little about each of them, her time in Seraphim mostly spent alone or with doctors. Perhaps the sudden illusion of freedom had made them all so friendly.

Mentions: FireMaiden FireMaiden Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

Last edited:
James W. Stryker
Rocky mountains, 4 miles from Facility VI.
2:13 am 2 Days ago...

It only took him about 7 minutes to bury the bodies and prep the detonator. The charges were easier to hide along the upper snow. Luckily the troops winter outfits were a lot more prepared for the cold. Wiping up the blood took another 5 minutes. Luckily the truck didn't have windows for him to have shattered so there was no glass to clean up. All in all it took him 15 minutes to get everything in place and begin driving towards the facility. The gate buzzed him in and the guard questioned him about his nose. "crashed into a snowdrift, you mind if i pop by the infirmary on my way out." the guard chuckled and shook his head at this apparent idiot and waved him the checkpoint. Once he had parked he used the nose as an excuse to get further into the facility. It was working perfectly...until he ran into Dr.Franklin who insisted he simply step into her office and she could set his nose for him. Banking on the opportunity he waited until she had turned to close the door before he drew the silenced pistol and aimed at her head. She turned to see the barrel of the gun and her face went pale. " If you so much as twitch your doctorates will be splashed all over your door. I am only gonna ask you once...Where are you keeping the children..."

Dempsey farm
4/14/21 11:09
As Stryker Sat and went over the most recent mission he was snapped out of his memories by none other than Beca Franklin. Smirking at the irony of her arriving right when his memory was going over Dr.Franklin. "Im afraid not, Have a seat and wait for the others i don't want to have to explain this twice." he Gestured to the chair to his left. In his mind he was going over how he was gonna organize these kids. Clearly Beca would lead them, Jay was good for Morale on account of his optimism, Scarlets natural rebellious streak would keep everyone including herself on their toes. Whereas Robin and Iniri would keep the team grounded and logical, even Ember had a place as a motivational factor for them to succeed. This could work...they could survive if they worked together.

Inari came back to reality, shaking away her thoughts like little raindrops. She glanced over at the barn, then turned back to face the little group by the tree. In her usual small shaky voice, she said, "I'll meet you guys there, okay?" She flashed a little uneasy smile and gave a quick wave, before turning on her heel and making her way to the barn.

Inari figured if she was discreet enough, she would be able to check out that radio Alvin was talking about before everyone was crowded inside. Besides, it'd be nice to hang out with Beca a bit, and get a feel for how Stryker acted. She found people... extremely fascinating, and had enjoyed watching the other children and the doctors back at the facility. It might've been a little creepy, but human nature was something that was...

She didn't really have words for it. It was simply interesting to her.

Though she'd found meeting new people wasn't exactly her thing, Inari poked her head into the barn anyways and waved a little before completely entering. Seeing the man sitting inside, Inari took a deep breath and put a little strength in her stride as she walked up to him. She imagined she looked pretty pitiful at that moment- she was shorter than him by a long shot and probably looked frightened enough to cry. But she didn't, instead looking him straight in the eyes and asking,

"Who are you? Don't give me your name- I know that already."

WeaselThor WeaselThor (quick question- is Alvin in the barn and is the radio there?)

Last edited:
~Ember~

Mentions: Chimney Swift Chimney Swift WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys

Ember watched Robin's dismembered hand, intently. Suddenly, it stopped picking weeds and waved at Ember. She looked up at Robin, wide eyed, and then grinned. Before she had a chance to say anything, Jay called to them from a short distance away, saying Stryker wanted to see them in the barn. Ember didn't know much about Stryker, but he seemed nice. Being so young, she couldn't help but trust him.

Robin reattached his arm and hopped off the fence, walking towards Jay. Ember sat on the ground still, lost in thought. What was Stryker going to say? Was he gonna take them somewhere else? Somewhere.... with animals?! Ember would sure miss Mrs. Dempsey though. She was nice. Ember got to her feet and began following the two boys to the barn.

Jay smiled warmly at the two, and nodded to Robin, "He did tell me that. I'm sure it'll be fine." He returned to the cybernetic-gifted boy. He paused to watch Inari go, agreeing that they'd meet her in the barn, and wondered if there was something wrong. She seemed distracted, and maybe she was just thinking about what she'd heard before. Though, Jay hoped that she was only jumping to conclusions, and that his own thoughts, as well as hers, were untrue, and there was nothing sinister planned here.

He smiled as Ember came over to join them. He wasn't afraid of her powers. Well, he wasn't afraid of anyone elses powers actually. They were family, in his book. No matter how long he'd known them, or in fact how little he knew them, they were family. So he wouldn't be afraid of them, even if Ember could burn down anything if she wanted to. But she as only a child, like most of them were, and he couldn't put any blame on her little head.

Still, they both seemed to be following, and Beca seemed to have beaten Jay over to Striker. Which... only left Scarlet. Deciding she probably understood what was happening, since the others were all heading over to the barn, he smiled and gave her a friendly wave, "Come on Scarlet!" He chirped

Natural Flavour Natural Flavour Svisttt Svisttt WeaselThor WeaselThor Randomfella Randomfella Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

The Big Boss.
Undisclosed location
4/14/21 11:05am

When the operator patched grave to his phone The man in the white suit wasted no time contacting him. The line only rang once before Grave answered, ever the professional. "It l has been a long time since i heard that voice" he said with a smile on his face as the elevator let him out at the top floor and he made his way to the roof access. "I'll get right to the point. These children are very important to me on a personal level. I need them brought back. Complete the mission you've been given, ill fill you in on why you will have failed once you get back. But rest assured my old friend, you will not be punished for Dr.Illiels foolish planning." as he stepped onto the roof the wind blew his hair around causing a strange halo look over his head. As if he were a fallen angel. "I will also be contacting your brothers and sisters...And grave, be careful. Im sure you already know HE is there. If you can kill him i want his body. If not then just make sure i dont have to send someone to get you afterwards." he stepped to edge of the roof but he wasn't looking down, instead his eyes were trained on the clouds. "Let me know if any new variables arise." he hung up the line taking a deep breath before the greenish energy wrapped around him and he flew like a rocket into the upper atmosphere heading north.
kasigi kasigi

James W. Stryker
Clifton, Colorado. Dempsey farm
11:06am

As Irini came in with her demands Stryker just nodded. That attitude would go very far with him, confidence is key after all. "Have a seat, ill make sure no questions are left unanswered you have my word. If i don't have an answer for you now ill find one." his voice was stern but not aggressive. Looking up he noticed the others crossing the large grass clearing to the barn. Rising to his feet he rummaged through the stall beside the radio equipment before he found Cuban cigar box that Alvin had. He grabbed three of the cigars and left a .357 hollow point bullet in there place. An I.O.U of sorts. He lit one to calm his nerves and put the other two in his jacket pocket. "Im just gonna let you know now, you guys are in deep shit, we all are." his last little comment was punctuated by the plume of Surprisingly nice smelling smoke.
FireMaiden FireMaiden Natural Flavour Natural Flavour Randomfella Randomfella Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Svisttt Svisttt WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys

20t4d5h.jpg

Robin Strässler
April 14th, 2021.
Mentions: WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys WeaselThor WeaselThor

Robin silently trailed behind Jay as they made their way to the barn. As they got close, he saw that the other half of the pack had already congregated. Inari, Beca, and of course the brooding and ominous Stryker who had gathered them there. The wizened soldier held a cigar between his teeth, which Robin thought made him look like a sleazy mobster. He didn't say so, but couldn't help but feel uneasy.

He took a seat, crossing his arms over his chest in a posture that seemed more defensive than anything else. His sharp elbows, barely visible below his rolled up sleeves, accentuated his small appearance. He looked a bit as though a strong breeze could snap him in half, but of course this meant little as he could very well snap himself in half. He frowned slightly, one eyebrow raised quizzically as he waited for Sryker to spill the news.

Inari didn't want to sit. She imagined this is what Jay felt like, always unable to stay still. She wandered over to where the radio was, leaning against the wall and and tapping her fingers against her leg. She watched the older man carefully, trying to get a feel for any particular habits he exhibited. They didn't have to be anything huge- she was mostly looking out for any little movements and actions that could indicate what kind of person he was. She had noticed after awhile that little habits told a lot about a person.

Inari had developed a strong dislike for smoking, and drugs in general if she was honest. She frowned at Stryker, but didn't say anything. It reminded her of what little she knew of her mother in ways she didn't want to remember. It smelled sickly sweet to her, emphasized by the words spilling out of his mouth.

Of course we're in deep shit. You dragged us into this.

She waved to Robin and the others, smiled a little, then dropped her hand and continued watching Stryker.

~Ember~
Mentions: WeaselThor WeaselThor

Ember entered the barn, and then froze to a shocked halt as Stryker said '....you guys are in deep shit. We all are.' Ember gasped, the reaction sending a short but potent burst of flame to her hands, like a mini explosion. That scared her too, and she fell backwards onto her rear end, clenching her fists and bringing them to her chest, trying to prevent another outburst. Smoke still emerged from in between her tightly closed fingers, and Ember couldn't help the tears from pouring out of her eyes. Stryker's words had scared her, and then in turn, she frightened herself.

Beca Franklin
April 14th, 2021

Interaction: Stryker WeaselThor WeaselThor Em Natural Flavour Natural Flavour
kat_by_raichiyo33-dahfb17.jpg
An overdramatic gasp left the teen, "What a wonderful observation, what ever influenced your findings?" Beca said, before crossing her arms, "Yeah, I think we all kinda figured that." It was obvious right? They were just kidnapped from some sort of, presumably, very secert facility by a man that is no doubt, just a little crazy. Suddenly, she heard Em, and looked over her shoulder. Beca frowned, taking a few steps towards the little girl, before she squared beside her. "Deep breaths Em, we'll be okay, I promise," Beca said with a soft time and kind smile. She could always managed to be kind to Em, maybe because she was so timid.

~Ember~
Mentions: FireMaiden FireMaiden

Ember looked up at Beca kneeling beside her, and took a few shaky breaths. She loosened her clenched fingers, slowly, and no more smoke came out. "I don't want to hurt anyone..." She whispered, tears threatening to spill over her eyelids again.

With a phone up to his ear, a smile spread across his face. A familiar tone of voice - a man he deeply respected and held close, for sure a friend. It had been a while since he had spoken to him, and he was glad for the most part. "A long time, for sure. It's a pleasure to speak to you once more, sir. I was looking forward to our next interaction." He continued to let the boss speak, allowing his free hand to rest in his pocket as he listened. He noticed the way the boss spoke as if he knew the mission was going to fail - there must be some factor that I don't know about, he thought to himself. It didn't matter in the end, though. No matter if they got away, Grave knew that they would be tracked down again either way, no matter how far they ran. He had faith and loyalty in the Boss's jurisdiction, so just went along with it. He chuckled a bit, taking a deep breath before speaking once more. "I'll try my best to take him down, but if the plan fails, I cannot guarantee it, sadly. I wouldn't worry about me, though. The most they could do is disable me for a good several hours, and I doubt that will happen." He paused momentarily. "Make sure you stay safe yourself, and I'll report to you as soon as I'm finished here. This should be finished quickly, talk to you soon." The call ended with a click, as he slid his phone back into his pocket. The agents had already moved out to secure the perimeter as Grave was on the phone. As soon as they got back, he would move in.

Inari anxiously glanced over at a now crying Ember and bit her lip. She glanced up at Beca, then slowly approached the younger girl, trying not to startle her. She knelt down close by, leaving enough room so Emmy still had some space to herself. "Hey there, Princess," Inari said softly, trying to be comforting. She didn't really know what to say, but seeing the little one cry made something click in her.

Inari brushed a stray strand of hair out of her eyes and smiled, "Just think of this as a huge adventure! Like the ones in fairy tales," She paused, and tried changing the subject to distract her a bit, "What's your favorite story, honey?"

She didn't expect anything she was saying would solve the issues completely, but she hoped to at least give a little bit of comfort to the girl. Ember didn't deserve any of this.

Scarlet Vulnere
Saturday 4-14-21​
9d25033c83c1ce6451d04b5bddc9b3c0.png
Scarlet responded to Jay's wave with one of her own, though her hand was facing the other direction, with only two fingers raised. She couldn't really understand their apparent trust, though a couple of them might have been too young to know any better. Who was she kidding, with the seclusion they all went through none of them really knew anything about how to deal with their current situation, including herself.

The girl waited for about a minute, slowly growing impatient, before finally kicking her feet back and walking toward the barn. When she arrived, late as she was, Ember was already on the ground, though Scarlet wasn't sure, nor really minded why. "What?" Scarlet spoke up as she entered the door, folding her arms impatiently as she leant against the entrance, glaring at Stryker. The man was just sitting back with his cigar, in a barn full of children, it was unusual considering the sterile conditions of the facility, and didn't help to raise her opinion of him.

Scarlet's gaze soon turned to the scene unfolding with Ember. "They'd better speed this up." Scarlet thought to herself, examining the smoke aftermath of what was clearly another fiery outburst from the small girl. "I'd keep my distance if I were you two." She spoke up plainly, showing little remorse in her words, looking up in disappointment before moving her gaze back to the old man. In her mind, and perhaps realistically, she was being nice in saying that. The girl had said she didn't want to hurt anyone, and yet there they were, putting themselves in line to get burnt.

Interacts: Barn

~Ember~
Mentions: Svisttt Svisttt Randomfella Randomfella

Inari now sat by Ember and the little girl frowned, deep in thought. "Fairy tales?" Just then, Scarlet came in, and interrupted her thoughts. 'I'd keep my distance if I were you two." She spoke, no love in her voice. The little one balled up her fists again, panic rising. "I d-don't want to hurt youuu...." She whimpered. Smoke emerged in little puffs from her clenched fists, and she tried to just breathe, trying not to get everyone in this room killed. That wouldn't be the first time I ended up killing- Ember squeezed her eyes shut, trying to forget the looks of the scientists as they turned to-

Ember's eyes flew open, scanning the room wildly. She didn't dare open her hands and let the flames loose, but they were burning her hands, as is.

Last edited:
James W. Stryker
Clifton Colorado, Dempsey farm
4/14/21 11:07 Am

When scarlet finally entered he nodded, everyone was in place. Yet the tufts of smoke were a problem he needed to address quickly. In three swift strides he crossed the gap between him and the smallest child putting his cigar in a notch in the nearest booth. He scooped her wrists in one gentle yet strong grip, and grabbed the back of her shirt with the other picking her up to her feet and walking past scarlet. Kneeling down behind her and pointing her wrists skyward he whispered. "Let it go, i know you can. Your brave, brave enough to let yourself bear the burden because you know others can't. I know something about that...sometimes the best solution is to stop holding on...Now let go." his voice though soft was still just as firm as it always was.
Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

Last edited:
~Ember~
Mentions: WeaselThor WeaselThor

After being swiftly relocated by Stryker, the girl looked at Stryker's big hands, holding her tiny wrists. Taking a deep breath, Ember opened her hands, the fire inside her bursting towards the heavens, wincing at the amount of heat that she still felt on her face. The fire blasted wildly until there was no more, and Ember's legs were shaky. She felt drained. Turning to Stryker, she blushed, although her face was already really warm. "Thanks.." she smiled, weakly.

Inari was... completely unsure what to do at this point. She slowly stood back up and rubbed at her face before moving back towards the wall. She watched Stryker take care of Ember, although she was uneasy with him being around her. He's helping, she'll be fine, hopefully.

She nervously glanced over at Scarlet, wishing she wasn't so brash all the time. Still, that's what made her... her, she supposed. Inari liked the girl, despite her aggressiveness. She was just a little scared of her attitude, and she kept away so she wouldn't cause the other girl any issues.

She sighed and slid down the wall, making herself comfortable in a small pile of hay. Inari hoped the news Stryker had was good, but a part of her knew that was wishful thinking. She just wanted to get this over with as soon as possible.

James W. Stryker
Clifton colorado, Dempsey farm.
11:09 am

As soon as the jet of flames started Stryker's nose wrinkled in pain as the blistering heat radiated from the girls hands. Yet he didn't let go, nor did he flinch. Once it was done and the girl turned to face him he quickly clasped his hands behind his back to hide the rapidly forming blisters. When she thanked him he simply smiled and inclined his head towards the barn. "Fall in soldier" he said as he walked her back to the barn gently steering her to her seat with his unblemished hand.

When he made it to his own chair he sat, plucking his cigar out of the notch in the wall. Taking a deep breath he finally spoke. "I owe you kids an explanation. First My name is James Warren Stryker, Delta force 1042611. You likely dont know what delta force is. Suffice it to say we deal with things other armies cant. The next thing is that i did not go into that facility looking for you six." he paused taking a shakey breath, obviously this was hard for him. "Six Months ago My wife and newborn daughter were pronounced dead while i was away handling covert ops in russia. Well part of my training is to question everything, trust no one, take nothing for face value." he paused to take another drag from the cigar before continuing. "So i came home to see for myself. Turns out the body they had for my daughter wasn't her. When i looked into it the tracks lead to a project Seraphim. I must've missed something or made a mistake somewhere because when i showed up there she wasn't there...you all were." he leaned back in his chair and took a drag of his cigar again. "When i was in there i heard from a Doctor Franklin that you were to be weapons of mass destruction, worse the same heads of research as project Valkyrie were running This one...Valkyrie was a nazi organization believed to have been destroyed when the nazi party fell years ago. I've personally dealt with these guys and let me say they are walking nightmares." his face seemed to soften as if he was trying to lay the next bit on gently. "Once i got you guys here i started to look for you parents...this is one of those times that i wish i wasn't so damn good at my job. I dont know how to say this. But they're dead. All of them. I even extended the search to any family and could'nt find a single one alive. I wish i could give you a reason why, but this is just how valkyrie works." he gave his words a second to set it before he continued. "Tommorow i am going to continue searching for my daughter, and i will be devoting myself entirely to bringing this evil down, i leave at 5 am tomorrow you have until then to decide if you are coming with me. I cannot promise you safety, i can not promise you that we will win this fight. But i can promise that if you come with me i will show you just what you are capable of, i have fought these bastards with guns and bombs, you can fight them with their own weapons. The choice is yours..." he rose to his feet and headed for the door to the barn pausing for a moment as if waiting for a question. In reality he was kicking himself for having broken these kids worlds wide open and dragging them into this hellish war that had been going on in the darkness for nearly 60 years. "Surely the man who marches children to war is just as guilty as the soldiers who kill them" he thought to himself as he waited for the childrens questions or tears to tell him what to do next.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back