• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Lost Children- Vol.1 Shots Fired.

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Her parents were dead.

It felt like everything hit her at once, like she was standing under a waterfall and she couldn't move away to safety. Her parents were dead, and she'd never see her mother again or the father she never got to meet. She'd never feel that certain warmth that comes with a mother's embrace, or know what it's like to have a father.

Never.

She remembered hearing a phrase once, that logic fell as emotions rise, but at this point she didn't care. Inari couldn't think rationally about any of this. She ironically barely heard the rest of what Stryker was saying, everything seemed muffled, and the words he was saying were to be processed at a later time when she got over this.

As shaky as she was, Inari managed to stand up when the barn fell silent, scattering hay as she did so. Every part of her was screaming at her to get away, to hide, to stop existing for a little while, and for once, she listened to that illogical part of herself. She strode over to the exit, her hands curled into fists as she pushed past Stryker and out of the barn.

And she ran.

Inari wasn't sure where she was going, but she at least had the mind to know she shouldn't go too far. She just wanted to get away for a bit. She ran long and hard until her lungs and sides burned and screeched at her to stop, and she ended up somewhere with a good amount of space between her and the house Alvin and his wife lived in. Inari could just barely see the silhouette of the farmhouse and she felt satisfied with the distance, though that small bit of pride faded quickly.

She curled up in a ball on the usually soft grass, grass that felt sharp and coarse now against her skin. Inari wrapped her arms around herself, and cried.

Last edited:
Scarlet Vulnere
Saturday 4-14-21 11:09am​
9d25033c83c1ce6451d04b5bddc9b3c0.png
Scarlet's eyes lifted as Stryker moved with a swiftness she hadn't seen before, manhandling the small girl to a degree, yet Ember showed no obvious discomfort. Her amber eyes cautiously watched as they moved passed her, Scarlet could feel the sensation of the clot in her wrist separating, preparing herself for whatever the wildfire might do. As Stryker brought the child outside, Scarlet distanced herself, awkwardly walking backward, her gaze never leaving the scene. Scarlet's eyes opened wide in surprise, and some shock, as the pillar of fire erupted, not due to the flames themselves, but the ounce of control that was present due to the old man. The way he held back an arm revealed it was nowhere near as comfortable as he intended to let on, though Scarlet was unsure if he did so for Ember's sake, or his own. Still, it would take far more to convince her of his intentions.

That was when the speech started, and Scarlet's gaze turned to an impatient scowl once more. Nothing he said swayed her slightly, her expression never changing, all he spoke of was what they already knew, if not with his own personal take. What he called weapons of mass destruction were what Seraphim named keepers of peace. Most of all, these were just words, his own words, the words of a man who could clearly kill to get what he wanted.

Scarlet moved forward, quietly on her feet. The strange agent had asked them to stay behind, to wait, but when had she ever listened to such requests? Her eyes peered around the corner, small hands clinging around the wall, most of her body still on the other side. The guards at the exit looked unconvinced, yet at the first sign of their distraction, the agent acted... Quickly, Scarlet turned back, rushing toward the others, trying to hide her concern.

What did he want? From his words, it was to save his daughter, but to Scarlet there was something else covering his face... Vengeance. He didn't mean to take them, and yet here they were. How convenient, weapons of mass destruction as he called them himself. Scarlet let out a deep breath, contemplating it all.

As Inari ran out, Scarlet's eyes followed her, yet her body and expression did not move. As Inari continued outside, Scarlet's gaze turned back to those in the barn. "How is this news to any of you?" She questioned in a silent, judgemental tone, her eyes moving between each of them before back at Stryker. "That was why Seraphim took us in." Scarlet continued, though it was as if she was now talking to the old man directly, attempting to explain the obvious. The obvious to her at least, that they did so with both their own, and the children's intentions in mind.

This whole time, the girl had been attempting to size him up. From what she had gathered, and despite her desire to do so, refusing him was not a smart idea. She hid her emotions rather well for a girl of her age, yet, she was afraid, truth be told, attempting to force her hands to stop their slight shaking under their crossed arms. "But I won't be their weapon." Scarlet responded firmly, before moving her stare away from Stryker out into the nothingness outside the barn. It was a half-lie, mostly she just wanted to wake up in the morning, most of the others would believe whatever story he made up for her sudden disappearance, and she wasn't so proud to think she had a chance of escape. Perhaps later she could think of something.

Interacts: Barn

~Ember~
Mentions: WeaselThor WeaselThor Svisttt Svisttt

Despite being so little, Ember was a good listener. She held onto everything Stryker said, even though she didn't understand all of it. Big words like Seraphim and Valkyrie and Delta Force. Ember knew that her last name was Seraphim, like some of the others. And Valkyrie was bad, from what she understood. Things like mass destruction and walking nightmares and bastards. Bastards was a bad word that meant orphans, Ember knew. Some of the scientists that used to work with her weren't all that nice.

Stryker told them next that all their parents were dead. Ember was sad for all the others, but this wasn't new news to her, personally. She knew that her mother died in childbirth and her father committed suicide. Though she didn't understand what al that meant, it meant they were dead. The Seraphim kids... those were the only family she had.

Inari raced out of the barn, upset, and Ember turned around in her chair to watch. After a few moments she turned back to the group, concern in her eyes.
"Mr. Stryker.... what if we don't go with you? Where will we go?" Ember was worried about her older siblings, like she had to keep them altogether. She had never realized until now that someday they might not be together.

James W. Stryker
Clifton Colorado, Dempsey farm.
4/14/21 11:17 am

As the children reacted Stryker was about to go after Irini when both Scarlet & Ember had questions and comments. First he addressed Scarlet. "The scientists who created you guys may not be evil people, but i've met a few of the ones who sit on their board of directors. They don't want peace, they want death. The other subjects they worked on have killed millions, im sure none of them intended to be weaponized either." he didn't spit the words with malice rather he stated them as an unequivocal fact. next he swiveled his head to ember. "Seraphim will likely come and get you. You are worth a little over one hundred billion dollars princess. I'll leave, and they will probably take you back and continue as if nothing happened." the part that he left out was that he wouldn't stop. Even if these very kids were sent to stop him. The stakes were too high. Sure he wanted his daughter back, but that was just the start. Valkyrie could not be allowed to have people that can do what the kids can, the results would be catastrophic.​

Last edited:
Jay ignored Scarlets gesture in return to his wave. She was cold, he supposed, in nature. He still believed her to be his family, just as he did everyone else, even if she was rude and didn’t seem to care for others feelings. She was one of them, and that made her family to him.

Trailing into the barn, he stayed a little back from the upset Ember, not wanting to crowd her with another person. Whilst he wasn’t afraid of her power, he was still ready to grab the others out of the way if she accidentally let loose. But, strangely enough, Stryker seemed to know what to do, and Jay smiled to himself. Maybe the man wasn’t so bad after all.

Of course, his opinion wavered when the man started explaining things to them. Some words he had no clue about, but he listened anyway. He grimaced at the fact he’d been told his daughter was dead when she apparently wasn’t. That he’d found them accidentally. That they were weapons. Jay didn’t want to be a weapon of any destruction. It haunted him, that they wanted to make him into that.

This, in turn, made him want to decline Strykers offer to help him. He didn’t want to fight anyone. He could run, not fight. He didn’t like hurting anyone. But then the man pointed out that it was either help Stryker or help the facility. The facility who had apparently had a hand in killing all their parents. Not that Jay cared for his own abusive father or missing mother, but he knew others did.

Slowly he nodded to Stryker, “I...Ill help you find your daughter.” He mumbled, “But... First I’m going to see Inari.” He added, seeming a little less excited than he had before.

Turning around, he headed in the direction he’d seen Inari go. She shouldn’t be alone. He’d seen how upset she’d looked. Spotting her curled up in a ball on the grass, he sat beside her and carefully drew her into his arms.

“It’s Okay Inari.... I’m sorry...” he mumbled softly, “I... I know how much you wanted to meet them...”

WeaselThor WeaselThor Svisttt Svisttt

They were the loose ends. It's my fault they're dead.

I should've been the one to die.

Thoughts like these kept buzzing through her head, a tangled mess woven by emotional bullshit and the small part of her still fighting to make sense of it all. She had stopped crying after awhile, telling herself over and over that she was being a baby until the tears ceased to come. Her body felt like sludge, she lacked the motivation to move, to even wipe away the tears staining her face.

They never loved you.

You should've expected this.

She stared at the fraying braided bracelet that was on her wrist numbly, and eventually caught a spark of sudden anger that motivated her to move. Inari reached out and tore the damn thing off, causing red marks to crawl their way onto her skin. She dropped the bracelet and curled into herself again, closing her eyes in the hopes of falling asleep for a little while. Anything to pass time she didn't deserve to have.

Inari would've slept if she didn't feel hard and steady footsteps thumping against the ground. Whoever it was wasn't here yet- she felt they were still some distance away, but she didn't bother to move. She hoped whoever was there wouldn't find her, but the sensations indicated otherwise. They knew where she was, and she couldn't change that. She knew she could easily tone down her sense of touch, but she found strange comfort in the vibrations echoing in the ground.

Stupid.

She felt like hours had passed by the time she felt arms wrapping around her, but she knew it couldn't have been more than a few minutes. Inari could tell almost immediately it was Jay, and was on the verge of crying again when he hugged her.

But his words broke her, and the cycle of grief began again.

Tears appeared in Jays own eyes when Inari started to sob harder as he held her. He drew her close, tucking his head against hers. He too was upset, just not for himself. He was upset that his family couldn’t find their parents, that they were all dead. That they’d never get to have their real families around them. He hoped that the others could comfort each other, because Inari seemed to need his comfort the most right now.

“Hey... It’s okay. We’re all still here. We’re a family... right? I know it’s not the same but... we won’t leave you. I promise.” He mumbled gently. So maybe he couldn’t promise for anyone else, but he could promise for himself. And he assumed the others would want to help Stryker also, seeing as he was their only option. Well, the man could be lying, and the facility could be looking to care for them, but he could also be right. And, well, Jay could certainly see how their powers could make them weapons.

So it didn’t seem like they had much of a choice. He didn’t like the idea of any of them fighting, especially the younger ones, but wasn’t it better to fight for what was right, than be dragged into being an unwilling killer as Stryker said others had been?

Svisttt Svisttt

20t4d5h.jpg

Robin Strässler
April 14th, 2021.
Mentions: WeaselThor WeaselThor Natural Flavour Natural Flavour Svisttt Svisttt WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys Randomfella Randomfella

Robin shifted awkwardly in his seat, grimacing as the meeting began with a bang... literally. Poor little Ember must have had her nerves ramped up for some time, so before Stryker had even begun to explain the situation, she suddenly let out a short burst of fire, smoldering a spot on the floor. Though others ran to help the youngest, Robin felt frozen, instinctively bringing up his hands to cover his ears for more explosions. As a general rule of thumb, he did not react well to surprises. Though he would never have admitted it, something about Scarlet's feisty remark resonated with him: "I'd keep my distance if I were you two." Odd... Robin and Scarlet often had little in the way of shared opinions. He found her sarcastic responses confusing at best.

Stryker swiftly walked Ember outside, temporarily adjourning the meeting and in doing so giving Robin some time to settle back down. Even sp, by the time Stryker returned with Ember, the atmosphere in the room still seemed a bit tense. Seemingly unfazed by this, Stryker sat down with his cigar and began his spiel.

Robin spent the whole explanation staring at Stryker with an icy blue gaze, his teeth clenched almost painfully. It was all Robin could do to keep from interrupting every 15 seconds. He didn't need some vigilante soldier to tell him his parents were dead. He grew up in an orphanage! And, if Robin were being perfectly honest, he already knew that Seraphim was a bit morally dubious. After all, they'd kidnapped him, smuggled him into a foreign country and subjected him to an incredibly risky surgical operation without consent. But even still... how in the name of hell could Stryker act like what he was doing was any better? Hadn't he also kidnapped them? Wasn't he basically using them as bait?

It seemed some of the others were more shocked than he was about their families, as Inari fled the room and Jay chased after. This left an opportunity for Robin to do what he always wanted to: take matters into his own hands. He stood up from his chair, stiffly walking up to the Delta force soldier until there was only a few feet of space between them. Stryker's height alone dwarfed Robin, but the slight and spindly youngster barely noticed nor cared.

"What makes you think you are deserving of our trust?" he demanded, his accented voice as harsh and commandeering as if he thought he could seriously take on Stryker. "You think you can just use our skills as unpaid labor for your selfish wants? 'Fighting them with their own weapons--' is that what this is to you? Irony? Ein witz!?" He stopped only for breath, his cloudy eyes still glinting with some kind of ferocity, his fist raised in gesture. "What would you have us do? Say we find your child... what then? We starve ourselves on the street? Be killed for our crimes? I suppose you wouldn't know. You're only thinking of your own damn self."

Last edited:
James W. Stryker
Clifton Colorado, Dempsey farm.
4/14/21

When Robin got in his face stryker stayed calm but was quick to respond. "Did you not listen to a word i just said boy? I said you can leave if you want. I am not forcing you to do anything. The Simple fact is i will bring them down with or without your help, i was just offering you an opportunity to deal with he people who made you orphans, and who intend to make you a weapon. I didnt build you, i gave you a choice. If i were selfish i would've left you to become a monster and continued to seek my own kid. Or just put one in your head and be done with it. But im trying to help you children. You could make an actual difference in this world." after this stryker whirled around and began heading to the farm house. If he was leaving tomorrow he would need some hardware of his own. So he made his way into the cellar To begin getting ready for war.

Last edited:
20t4d5h.jpg

Robin Strässler
April 14th, 2021.
Mentions: WeaselThor WeaselThor

Stryker started to walk away, and Robin was so close to chasing after him, to give that blasted caitiff another piece of his mind and pray he'd choke on it.

But he didn't. He stayed standing in the barn door, head held low to hide the furious blush creeping across his face, hands trembling slightly. But what Stryker had said... about Seraphim making him an orphan... he couldn't just let that go. He may not have remembered much of his past, but to hell if he didn't know where he was from. He knew the consequences of the war just as well as anyone else. Honestly, he didn't know how he hadn't put it together before... most of the Swiss orphans were lateral damage. Would Stryker have been there when the missiles were dropped?

With this in mind, he shouted one final parting shot at Stryker as the soldier made his way back through the fields:

"You think Seraphim made an orphan of me?! THAT WAS YOU AND YOUR OWN GODDAMN ARMY!"

Beca Franklin
Interaction: Stryker WeaselThor WeaselThor

kat_by_raichiyo33-dahfb17.jpg
His explanation only brought Beca one surprise. He heard from Dr.Franklin. Her hands immediately balled into fist, her jaw clenched, that angry fire in her eyes flared up. He had taken them from the only home they had ever known, the only family they ever knew, to the middle of butt-fucking nowhere. Tells them that they were gonna be used as weapons, rhat he saved them from that, but then goes and wants to use them for his army? What the he'll did that make them then? Super soldiers? None of them were even soldiers! But then, another thought crossed her mind. Dr.Franklin telling her about her mother.

Her fist unclenched as she quickly chased after Stryker.

"You're telling the truth aren't you?" She asked, "My birth mother didn't just die from complications, she was murdered? Our families were murdered?" She said this, but it didn't really sound much like a question, more like a realization. "We don't have anybody to go to, and you're serious about taking these people on?" She continues to follow him, hesitating for a split second on Her next question, "You didn't hurt Dr.Franklin did you?"

Scarlet Vulnere
Saturday 4-14-21​
9d25033c83c1ce6451d04b5bddc9b3c0.png
"The scientists who created you guys..." Scarlet wanted to act as if she were not listening, her acceptance of their situation already given, and yet... Those words echoed through her mind, open eyes seeming to fade out until they no longer concentrated. She hadn't realised it until now, being away from Seraphim, this is how the world viewed them. Objects, weapons, creations... Killers. Slowly, Scarlet's gaze moved down toward the youngest, observing her concern. "All with price-tags attached." Her sombre train of thought continued. In the facility they were treated like foster children, at least as far as Scarlet knew of what that meant. Still, she was far too worried to allow her true feelings to be expressed.

Then came the android's outburst, almost getting himself into an argument with the old man. Scarlet's eyes slanted as she looked toward them both, before looking outside once more. To her it was a tantrum, a young boy's outburst. It wasn't longer until Stryker left, Beca hot on his trails, Scarlet could only hope it wasn't to berate him further.

"Those circuits must have fried your brain." Scarlet spoke up as the dust settled, her expression neutral, and her tone revealing little. She looked toward Ember, half to emphasize her next comment, and half to make sure she wouldn't end up like Stryker's arm. Finally, she looked into Robin's eyes, her body language unchanged since the start of this nice little meeting. "Don't get the rest of us killed alongside you."
Perhaps her outlook was wrong, but after all the talk of their value, and his stance on Seraphim, Scarlet doubted the old man would freely let them back into their hands. After a short moment, Scarlet broke her stare, watching Stryker closely as he and Beca approached the farmhouse.

Interacts: Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Natural Flavour Natural Flavour
Mentions: WeaselThor WeaselThor FireMaiden FireMaiden

James W. Stryker.

2 days ago...
facility VI

With the gun barrel aimed at the doctors head stryker gestured for her to walk away from the door. Strangely enough she seemed resigned to her fate and she moved as he ordered. Still calm and collected despite looking death in the eye. "Why do you want them?" she said knowing it could cost her dearly. This honestly caught stryker off guard. "My daughter, she was just taken, six months ago, she was an infant." the rage in his words was as palpable and it made the doctor flinch slightly but she told him nonetheless. "We don't have infants here, our youngest is 8 years old" the doctor jumped slightly as the man came across the room so quickly she wondered for a second if he was a Valkyrie subject. Yet her thoughts were interrupted by the cold barrel of the gun being pressed against the left side of her forehead. "How can i trust you aren't lying?" he said in a low growling voice.
"well first of all, i don't have much of a reward for doing so right now do I?" she said through shaky breaths. To her surprise the gun left her forehead and was holstered. Though it didn't exactly remove the danger the gesture was appreciated. As the man began to head for the door Dr.Franklin grabbed his elbow. "Wait...You managed to get in here without causing an alarm, could you get out the same way?" his look said he could and for a brief moment dr.franklin had hope. "Even with Six children in tote?"

Clifton Colorado, Dempsey Porch
4/14/21

Lost in his thoughts he had just made it to the steps of the porch when Beca caught up to him rattling off questions with her usual vigor. The last one brought a smile to his face, these kids were going through hell and they still managed to care for others... Hopefully they could teach him to do the same. "As far as i know yes, im sorry. Its possible i made a mistake though, its happened before, if you need the hope don't let it go." he finally dropped the cigar and stamped it out in the dirt. "As for taking them on yes, i don't think of myself as a hero, im a killer, a warror. Ive got just as much blood on my hands as these guys do, but i can say that i have stood for something spilled blood on the innocents behalf so they wouldn't have to. These guys just want to destroy all they can, and im afraid they can destroy everything if not stopped." finally he answered he last question, the one he knew she really cared about. He placed a hand on her shoulder so she could see deep into his eyes. "I killed four people from that facility, and they all had weapons in their hands. You know as well as i do that your doctor doesn't carry a weapon. Im no monster Beca, mean? hell yeah. dangerous? You bet your ass. But not Evil." he turned her to the barn. "your brothers and sisters need that strength of yours, go on and give it to them." he said with a gentle shove as a punctuation. Sighing he ventured inside looking for Alvin.​

Last edited:
Beca Franklin
Interaction: Open

Mentioned: Stryker WeaselThor WeaselThor
kat_by_raichiyo33-dahfb17.jpgHe seemed out of it for a moment, but finally, answered her questions. Her family being gone still wasn't a shock, but the small chance that Stryker was wrong resonated with her. Maybe there was a chance. He then went on to explain that yes, he was serious, and he wasn't going to stop. His daughter was at stake though, so maybe...it was justified. And finally, Dr.Franklin. He promised her that he didn't hurt her surrogate mother. That was a heavy weight lifted from her. Beca had been worried for the past two days about her fate, and...Beca sighed, "I'm not sure about everyone else," she started as Stryer began to walk away, "But I'm willing to join you." She wasn't sure if he had heard her, but she said it. After that, she turned back around, headed to the others. She may not trust him, but he made a good case.

20t4d5h.jpg

Robin Strässler
April 14th, 2021.
Mentions: Randomfella Randomfella WeaselThor WeaselThor

Alas, Robin's last retort had seemingly fallen on deaf ears. He had neither the strength nor the motivation to chase down Stryker and continue the altercation... it wasn't worth it. The cyborg boy draw a shallow, ragged breath, running his hands back through his hair.

Robin's attention was dragged back to reality by Scarlet's trademark deadpan tone. He made a face of disgust, averting his eyes from hers.
"I don't run on circuitry." He stated matter-of-factly, either failing to realize the mocking intent of her statement or simply choosing not to react to it. He had nothing to say to the rest of her statement, mostly because it somehow succeeded in worrying him. He hadn't realized it, but Stryker had every reason to kill those who refused his request for assistance. But then again, even if Stryker chose to spare them all, what would become of him then? As a matter of fact, Stryker might be their only hope of survival... Robin felt sick all of a sudden.

"...You know what, Scarlet? You're right. I'm going to... head out for a bit..."

Last edited:
Her thoughts quieted after awhile, soothed away by the warmth surrounding her. She didn't think she deserved the comfort, but was still grateful for him being there. Inari leaned into him and sniffled a bit, having calmed down enough to finally speak, "I'm... I'm sorry..." Her voice was strained, sounding like she could cry again, but she didn't let the tears come. You're being a baby about this...

And she knew she was. She didn't think anyone reacted as badly, not even the younger kids. The doctors told her her mother was out there and alive and getting the help she deserved, and that if she tried hard enough she could use the abilities given to her to find her again. Maybe even her father, too.

They manipulated you, dumbass.

Inari quickly wiped at her eyes and said eventually, "I don't know why I'm sad. My mother... fucking sold me off just so she could get another high. I should hate her. But I can't." It was a little out of character for her to swear, but she didn't really care right now. Maybe if the younger kids were around, but not now. She wanted to go home, but there was no home to go to. Inari sniffled again.

No, that's wrong. Home is where people love you.

She was home right where she was and has always been, and she'd stay here as long as she could. Inari figured she'd go with Stryker if the others wished it, as long as she was with them.

Jay shook his head as she apologised, and held her closer as she leant into him. He didn't think she was being a baby about it. She'd been hopeful for so long that she'd find her parents, that she'd get to be with them again. He'd heard her talking about it before. Of course, he'd never told any of them about his own parents, how his father was abusive and his mother was non-existent, since he hadn't wanted to think about it. Or, in Inari's case, make her feel bad for having good thoughts about her parents.

To be honest, if Jay's father had still been alive, he wouldn't have returned to him anyway. He'd have rather stayed here, or be on the run than return to him. At least pain didn't bother him anymore, but there were more ways to abuse someone than physically, and he didn't like to remember his fathers taunts.

He shook his head, pulling back a little to look at her, wiping away a stray tear with his thumb, "It's okay to be sad Inari." He said gently, "You... You had hope that you'd see them again. I... I think most of the rest of us either already knew they were gone, or never wanted to see them again anyway. Or they're just too stubborn to show their feelings." He hummed softly, "Hate is a strong word anyway. No one's gonna judge you for what you're feeling right now Inari."

Svisttt Svisttt

Inari smiled at his words and sat up, rubbing at her face. She hoped Jay had had a good family, he deserved that sort of love. Everyone did, but she couldn't help but feeling that wasn't the case for most of the kids. That's why they were at the facility, after all. She didn't know for sure though, they never talked about their families and she didn't pry. Inari gave him a little one armed hug before asking, "Could... we go back now? I feel bad for running out like that."

She wasn't really looking forward to going back, she felt embarrassed and honestly didn't want to risk being berated by Scarlet. Still, the sooner she got it over with, the better.

(Sorry for a hecka short post, wasn't too sure what to write)

Jay gave her a smile back as she finally smiled at him. He was glad that she seemed to have cheered up a little, and smiled as the other gave her a one armed hug, easily answering it with a higher squeeze of the hug he was already giving her. He didn't mind what she did, as long as she was happy. And he was glad that she was smiling now, because he hated to see any of them crying. Especially when they seemed to think they'd be weak to do so in front of the others. At least, thats why she'd ran out, Jay assumed.

Nodding, he finally released her and got up, stretching before he offered her a hand, "As I said, no one will be judging you for running off. It... It wasn't the news I was hoping to hear for you Inari. For any of you." He shook his head. Slowly, he started to make his way back to the barn, tugging at her hand lightly with a smile.

Svisttt Svisttt

Inari held his hand as they walked, her movements lighter and a little more carefree than they had been before. She had a little doubt that she wouldn't be judged, but she appreciated what he was saying anyway. Suddenly she stopped and frowned, glancing at her wrist. She let go of his hand and started running back to the spot they had been in, kneeling down and rushing to find the little rope bracelet she had torn off. Inari eventually found it and scrambled to her feet, running back over to Jay and walking back to the house, fidgeting with the bracelet as they walked. "S-Sorry about that!" She stuttered, smiling a little.

She still wasn't too sure how to feel about the situation. Inari definitely felt a little better, but she still felt a weight pressing down on her. She hoped a little sleep later would help. Glancing around though, the sun was shining brightly and indicating it was probably only mid afternoon. Inari sighed slightly, hoping to cocoon herself in a nice cozy blanket later.

(again, sorry for the short post!! <3)

Last edited:
Jay paused as she let go of his hand and ran back to the spot. Truth be told, he hadn't noticed the absence of the bracelet that she always had around her wrist. Usually he was quite quick to notice things, but apparently he'd been too focused on calming her down to realise. But... At least she'd remembered it before if had gotten lost. He'd have hated to see her lose it and get upset over that. He shook his head as she returned and apologised, assuring her that it was no problem.

Noticing her look up toward the sky briefly, he had to admit that today felt longer than usual. Days did seem to be very long to him, but he wasn't sure if that was just him, or something to do with his powers. It wasn't like he understood them. But today had seemed even longer than they usually did, as if the dark foreboding news had dragged him down all day without his knowledge. Sighing, he wondered what would happen to them in the end. Would they all survive this? He'd do his best to make sure they did. He was fast, he could drag them out of the way of things, he was sure.

Svisttt Svisttt

As they walked up the gravelly path, Inari glanced around, realizing that this might be their last time being here. She'd grown surprisingly fond of the place, though she assumed that was just because this was the first place she'd been to that wasn't the facility. It was a little scary at first, but she truly enjoyed being here when she got used to it. The couple that lived here were lovely too, considering they had just taken in an extra 7 people.

Inari took a minute to take everything in, never wanting to forget how sweet the air was here compared to the facility. She had taken a liking to the birds around here, a little jealous that they could fly. Her favorite thing about them were the sounds they make, though. She took a minute to listen to them... then paused when she realized there weren't many sounds outside of voices and a small buzzing sound at the moment. She assumed the buzzing was from the hum of electricity, and she expected to hear people talking. But nothing else? Inari gently tugged on Jay's arm and asked, "Do you hear anything?" She didn't expect him to- she couldn't, after all, but she wanted to make sure if she was the only one who found the quietness to be a little peculiar.

Jay certainly found it odd when Inari asked him if he could hear anything. He himself paused, listening to the slight sound of voices, which he assumed was the others talking, but he couldn’t really make that out well. Certainly not as well as Inari could. Was he meant to be hearing something specific? Because if so it seemed eerily... quiet. Like the calm before a storm perhaps. The lack of even bird chatter set Jay into a wary mood, glancing around.

“No. But then, you’re the one with the sensitive senses.” He returned, giving her a smile that didn’t show his concern, “Why, can you hear something? To me it’s kinda... quiet. Kinda eerie actually.” He admitted, but shook his head, “I doubt there’s anything to be worried about though. Birds might have just... fell asleep or something.” He had no idea if birds happened to go silent. It wasn’t like the facility had birds around all the time, so he was no bird sound expert. Maybe this was normal.

Svisttt Svisttt

Inari grinned a little, then shook her head and glanced behind them, "Nah, I don't hear anything... I just thought it was quieter than usual," She paused, not really wanting to see if she could hear anything else outside of the barn, "You're probably right, though!" Inari didn't know why birds would suddenly go quiet, but then again, what did she know about birds? Maybe they have naptimes? Inari yawned, wishing she could take a nap too. She trusted Jay when he said it wasn't anything to worry about, and left it at that.

Grave stared. He stared in the distance, the final SUV making its way toward him. The rest of the agents were already there behind him, sitting quietly in their vehicles as Grave stood outside, in front of one of the Humvees. This was the moment Grave was waiting for, and he could hardly wait to get started. The other agents had already checked in with Grave about the perimeter they were ordered to secure, all of them successfully closing off the roads for anyone who dare passed by. The SUV pulled up in front of grave, an agent rolling down the window to speak to him. "The perimeter is secure on our end, sir. We've done as you'd asked, and set up the final roadblock to make sure nobody gets through. We have a lot of time." Grave chuckled, pulling out a small flask from a pouch at his side, hanging under his coat. "Wonderful. It's about time that we got started, hm? No need to wait longer than necessary." He took a sip from the flask - it faintly smelled of alcohol. Though, it of course had no effect on Grave. After his short drink, he placed it back inside, securing it. He brought a small radio to his mouth, speaking into it to all of the agents. "Stick with your assigned squads, gentlemen. Don't forget. When we get there, go after whoever you're able to take down with the specified gear. We've gone over this. As soon as you all get out." Grave moved the radio from his mouth, going to the passenger side of the Humvee that he previously stood in front of - entering it. He spoke over the radio once more. "I'll be at the rear while we move. SUV-326, lead. We're going now." As soon as he finished speaking, the lead SUV began to kick up dirt as it drove towards the destination. Following behind were the rest of the vehicles, and at the very end, Grave in a large Humvee. "Snipers on the bikes! I want you to break off and move around the perimeter of the farm! The other two, stay and get off the bikes when we arrive with the rest of the convey. Meet up with the rest of your squad when we arrive, then start the assault. Permission to kill witnesses! Keep the kids alive! Speak to you all formally after the mission. This is Grave, best of luck to you all."

As the convoy of vehicles continued to move towards the coordinates of the farm, four of the six bikes broke formation - two moving left and two moving right. These were the snipers, who would set up. The rest of the convoy were those who were assigned squads and has the necessary gear. As Grave stared forward through the windshield, he took a long drag of a cigar - the window at his side rolled down. The smoke he inhaled was huffed out. He was ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back