• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

candied pig blood

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi! My name is Dolly (they/them) and I'm looking for a long-term rp partner to flesh out some wicked ass stories with. This is only open to those 18+ as I am 18 and very much do not want to roleplay with minors.

Firstly, I'd like to note that I prefer fantasy with horror aspects, but I am open to trying anything really! By horror aspects, I mean that I generally include a lot of darker themes and gore within plots. I have been an avid horror fan since I was young, alongside being an avid fantasy fan, and combining them just makes life all the sweeter. This doesn't mean that every plot has to be dark and gorey, though! I understand that people have their limitations, which is why I keep an open mind towards all genres. Also, I will note now that I am a sucker for a good romance. Slow-burn is my jam, but I prefer the plot not become solely about romance (unless we've already discussed and agreed to a romance heavy plot). Side note, I tend to play femme characters who romance masc characters- but I can realistically play any gender.

Secondly, writing style. I would like to describe myself as a semi-literate to literate roleplayer. I might make some punctuation mistakes or write a grammatically odd sentence- it happens. Thus, I'm not a huge grammar and spelling police. As long as you actually use punctuation and write engaging sentences, I couldn't care less about little mistakes. I generally prefer that replies be at least a minimum one paragraph (5-8 sentences), but I understand that sometimes there is a lull in the plot and you can't write much. As far as maximum goes, you can write to your heart's content- just don't control my characters. Another requirement is that you write in third person, not using asterisks or em dashes to indicate action.

Third, OOC chat! I do love getting to know the people that I roleplay with. I think that the more we get along OOC, the easier it is to make a lasting and impactful story together. Of course, I don't expect that we'll always chat OOC, but I do like talking about my original characters or the events that just transpired in the story.

Lastly, here is a small writing sample so that you can get an idea of if my writing style matches yours:

In the east-most corner of the cellar, glinting ever so softly, the remnants of an ever-so luminescent powder catches Egron's eye. The looming sensation of an uninvited presence reaches a fever pitch; undoubtedly, he sees the same substance to the west corner. The powder seems nearly translucent in the dim lights, but it is unmistakable. Fae magic. More truthfully, however, a fae'd trap. A faint giggle, a soft jingle, and the unmistakable whispers of a council of faeries buzzing in anticipation of Egron and Osvunn's incompetence. It would take all but one misstep to bring forth a tidal wave of these wretched beings. Attempting to maintain his utmost composure, Egron lay an arm in front of Osvunn's chest, stopping him in his tracks. "I changed my mind- we should go upstairs first," he said, hoping to the gods that Osvunn would notice the intensity in his gaze. He dare not speak the name of the fae aloud, nor announce their presence. He reasoned for a moment that it might be a trick- a clever illusionary trick set to deter any ne'er-do-well's such as him and his friend from taking from this seemingly unused home. However, the risk was far too great, and vastly outweighed the reward. "If there's a safe down here, I bet on my life the key is bound to be up there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back