• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
(Based loosely on the novel by Susan Beth Pfeffer)
giphy.gif

The moon never used to be a scary thing. It was simply something to gaze at on a clear night where light would cast a glow on the place you call home. It was something that brought comfort in the dark. Something that made the stars stand out against the night sky.
The moon never used to be scary, not one ever thought it would be... Until it almost collided with the Earth.
Year 2030 - The world has changed dramatically over the year. A meteor collided with the moon and pushed it closer to the Earth's orbit. While that doesn't sound like much damage, Earth has faced many hardships due to it. The force caused Earthquakes and Tsunami's all over the world, wiping out major coastal cities and damaging those that lay in the middle of the countries. The Earthquakes caused dormant and non-dormant volcanoes to erupt everywhere, covering towns and cities in fiery lava. The ash, covering the skies never allows sun to peak through to warm everywhere else, causing early winters and very late springs. These catastrophic events have killed millions of people, and those unfortunate enough live have to deal with freezing winters, food shortages, and survive off the land with whatever is available to them.
The people in Dodge City Kansas were fortunate enough to be in the middle of the states. Far enough away from the ocean and the volcanoes to not have their city destroyed, but now the townspeople are unfortunate enough to deal with the deadly winter heading their way.

~~~

This roleplay is survival based. With no resources coming to their city and new gangs starting up for better survival, our characters must fight hunger, bandits, and the cold by working together to stay alive in the harsh times. This roleplay will start about two months after the moon was pushed closer to Earth so bandits are active but the winter has not started yet. Our characters will all be neighbors on the same block OR visitors from other states (but those spots will only be open for like 2 or 3 characters), from old to young, it does not matter to me. Romance, friendships, rivalries are all welcome because the development is needed to keep the roleplay active and interesting! I would also like at some point for them to all live in the same house as well, so they only have to focus on keeping their resources central between them all.
Please be literate, I would like a 3 paragraph minimum with decent grammar and punctuation. If you're not up to par I will PM you to let you know and give you a chance to fix it. PLEASE follow RPN rules to keep the RP appropriate. Don't be God; your character is human, they get hurt, they get sick. Stuff happens. They aren't indestructible. Also, don't control other people's characters either, that is very rude and unnecessary.
If you plan to dip, just let me know so I can open up a spot to replace you within the roleplay.
I will have a rule thread up later but for now these are my requirements before we find people interested. So with that being said, let me know if you're interested and feel free to invite others who might also be interested!​

Hey, I'm interested In joining in on this. Do you want to start a conversation when you say "Let me know if you're interested."

I'm definitely interested! I always love me some good apocalyptic/survival settings. I'm going to unwatch because I dislike notifications but you should definitely tag me when you make a character thread. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back